[SP-F1] <<The Fourth Lesson, Is Actually Free>> The FINAL Fetch Quest

The Sword Fish saw its opportunity, and took it, dipping its nose up and attacking Ceres from beneath.

"Ugh..." Ceres had finally managed to pull herself back onto the boat, even if it was with the accidental help of the swordfish who had rammed her back into the boat. Convenient. Annoying...a tad tingly...but convenient.

"Aye, welcome back lass. Have a nice trip?" Asked Ol' Pete. His voice filled with mirth.

"Are you on my side or not?" Ceres asked.

"Your side, of course." Pete said with a nod. "Tis why I"m still keepin' hold of the fishin' rod. It's a lot more work than it looks you know."

Ceres rolled her eyes, then glanced at her health. It was still in the green...but...should she take one of her potions now? Should she chance another attack? The fish had barely sustained any damage. Yet she was struggling...greatly…

“What am I supposed to do?” Ceres asked.

CERES STATS:
LEVEL 9 | 120/180 HP | 18 ENERGY

SWORDFISH STATS:
32/35 HP

HP: 35
Dmg: 50 (on first successful hit only)/ 5(Does not gain bonus damage from crits)

SWORDFISH
ID# 132237 MOB; 7-1
HIT

Edited by Ceres
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“I can let him go and you can come back another time.” Old Pete suggested.

Ceres shook her head. No...she’d stay….but...

"Well..at this rate I should be finished at midnight..." Ceres said with a disgruntled groan as she wiped her brow. She had no idea if this were sweat, or water. Both were salty. At least Ceres had no issues with water. She could swim… and wasn’t afraid of the ocean or the lakes. If anything - she would find excuses to dip her feet into the waters surface.

The Sword Fish disrupted her thoughts as its heavy body hit the side of the boat. “Im trying to think about how to quickly get rid of you!” Ceres said as she swiped at it.

Well… at least she managed to hit it this time. Even if it only took off a sliver of health.

“Urhhgghh….” Another long moan came from Ceres. WHen would this end?

CERES STATS:
LEVEL 9 | 120/180 HP | 18 ENERGY

SWORDFISH STATS:
30/35 HP

HP: 35
Dmg: 50 (on first successful hit only)/ 5(Does not gain bonus damage from crits)

CERES
ID# 132238  BD:7+8
HIT

Edited by Ceres

It felt like there was no end in sight, Ceres knew she was weak, but didnt think she was that weak. These were beginner quests...they were meant to be easy. Right? So why was it so damn hard

The Sword FIshes tail slapped Ceres across the face, the redheaded woman stumbled backward, head hitting the other side of the boat as she lay sprawled on its floor - purely shocked.

“W...what just happened.”

Old Pete had finally managed to pull himself back to his feet, he was done sitting in the boat. “Lass, you got a might fine slap from that there fish - I think it knows ya must be running out of steam. It’s quite a right shame. I thought when you pulled it outta the water lickity split, that you’d have this done in no time at all.” He scratched his chin. “Guess I was wrong.”

CERES STATS:
LEVEL 9 | 115/180 HP | 18 ENERGY

SWORDFISH STATS:
30/35 HP

SWORD FISH
ID# 132239  MOB 8-1
HIT

Edited by Ceres

“You are wrong.” Ceres said. “I’m going to keep fighting, keep slowly scratching away at its health...no matter how many times I’m knocked down, no matter how many times I have to heal myself… no matter how many times I miss...I’m going to beat this stupid thing tonight.”

Old Pete gave a nod of approval, then flicked the rim of his hat again. “Yer may be weak lass. But I give you credit where credit is due. You are a spitfire, don’t exactly give up easy do you?”

“I’m obtuse...stubborn...idiotic...whatever you want to call it..” Ceres said as she reached out and took a swipe at the Sword Fish. After landing a successful hit she turned to the old man with a grin. “See? Slowly and surely… I will completely destroy this thing and if I have to I will lug it back to shore myself.”

CERES STATS:

SWORDFISH STATS:
28/35 HP

CERES
ID# 132240  BD: 5 +1
HIT

Edited by Ceres

If Sword Fish had some sort of vocal chords Ceres was sure that the shimmering, giant fish would have screamed in frustration at her. Ceres definitely wanted to do the same to it. This battle felt like it had dragged on, and on, and on. With very little end in sight. The two kept on missing each other - with due reason of course.

Ceres stood atop a boat, she was drenched in water, but just out of the fishes reach. She and Old Pete floated above its domain, not within - and just as they floated above its domain. The Sword Fish swam below theirs - and with no Sword Arts, or Skills to her name Ceres could only fight with brute determination.

THe Swordfish knocked itself against the boat again - the boat tipped to and fro, both Ceres and Old Pete had to steady themselves lest they were thrown over the edge.

CERES STATS:

SWORDFISH STATS:
28/35 HP

SWORD FISH
ID# 132242  MOB 2-1
MISS

Edited by Ceres

The Sword FIsh dipped its head up and out of the water, dead beady eyes staring at her. If The woman didn’t know any better she would have been sure that the darn thing glared at her.

Old Pete laughed as he slapped his knee with his spare hand. “Ahahaha… I don’t think it likes the fact that you and I are still standing high and dry in the boat.” Old Pete paused and looked at himself then at Ceres. “Well, high at least - we’re both soaked to the bone.”

Ceres snorted. He had that right, but she didn’t feel cold - the fight kept her warm - and the heat of the slowly setting sun. It felt like this fight had gone on for days but realistically….it had been minutes.

The Sword Fish snorted, and a small spout of water hit Ceres square in the face...So….Ceres decided to return in kind, and tried to swipe at it right between its black little eyes.  It dipped back below the surface.

All the while, Old Pete laughed.

CERES STATS:

SWORDFISH STATS:
28/35 HP

CERES
ID# 132244  BD:  4+1
MISS

Edited by Ceres

"This is really...really...stupidly...hard" Ceres said with a long, low whine in her tone of voice. She just wanted this to be over - but the Sword Fish still....had practically all of its health, and she....well she most certainly did not have almost all of her health.

"Fishin' takes time." Old Pete said with a wry grin.

Ceres grumbled. It wasn't the fishing part that was taking forever...it was the whole trying to kill a giant fish the size of the boat with a teeny tiny dagger. THAT was the hard part. "When I get out of here...I'm throwing this stupid dagger away!" She grumbled. The Sword Fish ducked back up and out of the water, catching the rose red headed girl by surprise. Ceres didn't have enough time to jump out of the way before it swung its long sword like nose and struck her across the chest. Her health dipped just close to the halfway point. 

"Really...." She asked, exasperated.

CERES STATS:
LEVEL 9 | 110/180 HP | 18 ENERGY

SWORDFISH STATS:
28/35 HP

SWORDFISH
ID# 132249  MOB:  8-1
HIT

Edited by Ceres

The Sword Fish was close enough again for another swipe, or at least - another attempt at one Ceres was just about to swipe at it but paused...something bothered her.

She frowned as she noticed her health ebb dangerously lower to the half way point.  Ceres had only ever seen her HP in the yellow once, and she wasn’t about to let it happen again if she cold - this fish was fighting hard and it’d be a long battle. The risk...Nope. She wasn't going to let herself get anywhere near that. Ceres pulled out a potion and weighed it in her hand, she had never had one of these before. Did it taste like anything? Would it be bitter or sweet? Ceres didn't have time to question it. Ceres popped off the cork with her thumb and watched it fly off and hit the water - it floated innocently atop the surface before disintegrating into data.

Down the hatch.

Ceres downed the contents whole - it had no discernible taste. She was a tad disappointed.

CERES STATS:
LEVEL 9 | 160/180 HP | 18 ENERGY

SWORDFISH STATS:
28/35 HP

CERES
ID#132287   BD3 +1
FAIL

Edited by Ceres

Ceres wished the potion had tasted like something, anything, but no - it was no different to drinking water. That was...surprisingly dangerous. What would happen if she mistook one of her other potions for water? What a waste of special healing potions! Ceres wiped her mouth. It didn't matter right now. What did matter right now, was trying to beat this stupid scaled creature.

The boat rocked back and forth as the Sword Fish came up again, its pointed nose slashing to and fro - a new move. Ceres would have to make note of that later, that if the battle took forever, the stupid fish would actually change up its move set. As it charged at the boat, it managed to once again scrape at her torso - slashing off another chunk of health. Ceres was relieved that she had chosen to take the potion otherwise she was sure her health would have dipped into the yellow, and she didn't want that.

If this wasn't so exhausting, it'd almost be scary.

CERES STATS:
LEVEL 9 | 155/180 HP | 18 ENERGY

SWORDFISH STATS:
28/35 HP

SWORDFISH
ID#132288   MOB  7-1
HIT

Edited by Ceres

"Listen here you SCALY SLIMY FISHY FIEND!" Ceres shouted as she uselessly waved her dagger in the air at it as it swam round and round the boat. "I WILL defeat you, and YOU will RUE the day you even TRIED to cross my PATH!" She spat. "Just come at me, go on! TRY IT!" She said again as she leaned over the edge of the boat.

Ceres uselessly tried to swipe at the swordfish, again and again, and again - but it was always just out of her reach. The redheaded woman had half a mind to throw the dagger at the fishes head, but if she did that....she'd have nothing to attack it with.

The old fisherman was chuckling behind her. Ceres turned to him with a grimace. "Do you HAVE to keep laughing at me like that!?"

Old Man Pete chuckled softly as he shook his head. "I've never seen someone as lively as you, Miss Ceres."

CERES STATS:

SWORDFISH STATS:
28/35 HP

CERES
ID#132291   BD:  4+1
FAIL

Edited by Ceres

The Sword Fish started to come back around, the tip of its nose, pointed at Ceres ready to aim. "YEH COME AT ME YOU BUTT MUNCHING BUTT!" She cried out, doing nothing more than antagonizing the fish."

Old Man Pete sighed as he tugged on the fishing line. "Really, must yer antagonize the giant fish that could turn yer into a Kebab?"

"YES!" Ceres shouted at the old man. "Because I'm SICK of this!" She turned back to the sword fish. "But I also REFUSE to give up! I will Keep fighting and fighting!"

"Don't yer have any skills?" Old Man Pete asked Skeptically.

Instead of answering (Because the answer was no, no she did not) Ceres turned to the Sword Fish. "GIVE ME ALL YOU GOT!" She said.

And the Sword Fish...did not. She expected it to leap up and out of the water- she expected it to dive down at her and impale her, instead It just rammed the side of the boat in another useless attempt to topple it over.

CERES STATS:

SWORDFISH STATS:
28/35 HP

SWORDFISH
ID#132294   MOB 4-1
FAIL

Edited by Ceres

"Why does it keep just...doing that?" Ceres asked as she gestured to the Sword Fish which had swum away to a safe distance. "Just...rocking the boat like that? Why isn't it attacking more?"

Old Pete Shrugged as he tugged on the fishing rod and began to reel it in again. "Lassie, it ain't a very strong fish. Yer just very weak. Determined. But very weak."

Ceres pursed her lips. Weak? Pfft. She'd show him. He did have a point, But Ceres was going to prove it wrong. She gripped her tiny dagger tightly in her hand and turned back to the Sword Fish which had its pointed nose pointed up and out the water, aimed rightat her.  Ceres waited and waited...till it leapt out of the water to strike her. Ceres in turn, swiped back at it. They both had lost some health. But at least she had landed a successful hit.

CERES STATS:
LEVEL 9 | 150/180 HP | 18 ENERGY

SWORDFISH STATS:
25/35 HP

CERES
ID#132297    BD:7+1
Hit

SWORDFISH
ID#132297   MOB 7-1
Hit

Edited by Ceres

"I just want It's HP to dip into the half way point!" Ceres said as she wiped more muddy water away from her face as she was splashed by a wave that crashed against the boat. "Is that so much to ask?"

The old man chuckled. "For you, Miss? Mayhaps." He chortled again as he reeled in on the line. "The big bad Fish is gonna swipe at yer again Miss Ceres!" Old Pete warned her. Ceres nodded. Good, at least he was helping her again rather than just insulting her, that was ...something

She grit her teeth as she gripped her dagger tighter, waiting for the tell tale sign of its upper fin breaking the surface of the water - when she saw just that Ceres rose her dagger - and she managed to strike the fish just as it left the water to take a swipe at her, Ceres almost managed to dodge it, but it had hit her arm. Successfully tearing off another shard of health from the redheaded woman.

CERES STATS:
LEVEL 9 | 145/180 HP | 18 ENERGY

SWORDFISH STATS:
22/35 HP

CERES
ID#132298    BD:5+1
Hit

SWORDFISH
ID#132298   MOB 9-1
Hit

Edited by Ceres
  • 3 weeks later...

The Sword Fish came back around again, its large tail slapping the surface of the rocky lake water. It covered her with a mighty splash. Not that it really mattered to Ceres, she was already soaking wet at this stage. What was another wave of water upon wave after wave? It's attack pattern was similar to before....that meant it was going to try swinging its...err..sword nose at her again, right? 

Right. It did just that, and Ceres was ready for it. She rose her tiny dagger high over her head and thrust it down into its head. The Sword Fish flailed around before tearing itself free from the blade, leaving a jagged mark of red pixelated data in its place before it dove back under the water.

"Congrats Miss - you've finally torn off more than a third of its health. Only two thirds to go." Old Pete said with a Laugh."

Ceres....failed to see the funny side of the joke. She grumbled. Just wanting this to be over.

CERES STATS:
LEVEL 9 | 140/180 HP | 18 ENERGY

SWORDFISH STATS:
19/35 HP

CERES
ID#133907    BD 8:+1=HIT

SWORDFISH
ID#133907  MOB 7-1=HIT

Edited by Ceres
  • 2 weeks later...

Old Pete, the fisherman continued to chortle. His gruff laughter egged Ceres on, so she could prove him wrong. The last thing she would ever do, is give up. Especially when she had come so far. His jest may be insulting, but realistically...it was a good thing right? She'd torn off an entire third of the Sword Fishes health! That was amazing...right? 

Right!

The Swordfish swam away from the boat, then came back around. Its dorsal fin cutting through the water - Lilac eyes remained focused on it. Steady...steady.... 

Then the fish hurled itself out of the water. Ceres was taken aback, she wasn't expecting that, she lifted up her arms to defend herself - luckily, she was still gripping her dagger tightly, and it tore into the underside of the Sword Fish. The monster wriggled then gave up on its attack as it belly flopped back into the water. Dancing upon the surface before disappearing under the turbulent waters again.

"Phew...that was close!" 

CERES STATS:
LEVEL 9 | 140/180 HP | 18 ENERGY

SWORDFISH STATS:
16/35 HP

CERES
ID#134564    BD :5 +1=HIT

SWORDFISH
ID#1 MOB1 -1=MISS

[/
spoiler]

Edited by Ceres

Ceres turned to the old man. Fisherman Pete... She wanted to think he was mostly useless..but really he was doing a lot of work, he kept on reeling in the fish if it swam out too far, somehow, magically - through the power of Cardinal, that tiny thin fishing line had yet to snap or  break. Or maybe Old Petes fishing skills were just that good.

"Are you tired?" Ceres called out to the old man. 

"Aha, not quite yet lassie!" He called out with a wink. "You just keep yer eye on the prize. I wanna eat good tonight!"

He...he wanted to go through all this so he could EAT the fish? 

Was he...mad?

Ceres made a grumbling noise as she turned her attention back to the Sword Fish, that was leaping out the water to attack her, she just managed to defend herself in time, jamming the blade of her tiny dagger into the underside of its belly. "TAKE THAT!" She watched as its HP dipped again.

She had to be close to killing it...right?

Right?

She glanced at its health, it looked...like she had maybe a third of it to go. That was good, she thought. If it only had a third left. That was just under half. And at least its bar was no longer green.

CERES STATS:
LEVEL 9 | 133/180 HP | 18 ENERGY

SWORDFISH STATS:
13/35 HP

CERES
ID#134564    BD :8 +1=HIT

SWORDFISH
ID#1 MOB 10 -1=HIT

Edited by Ceres

So close yet so far, it was always that. Ceres was tired, all she wanted to do was find an inn, curl up in bed, eat a pint of ice cream...and sleep. But no, she was stuck on this stupid ship with a toothy old man and a Sword Fish which had just jumped out of the water to attack her.

She ducked as the fish flew high overhead, it waved its pointed snout to and fro in a fruitless attempt to try and skewer Ceres. But that silly, sad, infuriating Sword Fish had simply jumped too high, and completely missed Ceres.

And Ceres, try as hard as she might, could not reach the silly Sword Fish - even standing on her tip-toes her dagger could not swipe it. So went another round of woman verses fish, where yet again, they both had missed their marks.

Ceres began to wonder if she was stuck in some sort of Groundhog day scenario. 

CERES STATS:

SWORDFISH STATS:
13/35 HP

CERES
ID#134576    BD :1 +1=MISS

SWORDFISH
ID#134576  MOB 3 -1=MISS

Edited by Ceres
  • 2 weeks later...

Remember how just seconds ago they both tried to hit each other and miss, and Ceres was wondering if she was in a groundhog day sort of scenario?

Well if that previous encounter didn't confirm it, this one certainly did. The rose-red haired woman groaned as she watched the swordfish curve back around its shadow stalking their small boat in the water. It once again hurled itself high up into the air, too high for it to hit Ceres, and far, far too high for Ceres to actually land an attack on the scaled monstrous beast.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?" Ceres called out after the Swordfish. "COME BACK AND FIGHT ME PROPERLY!" 

Old Pete the fishermen chuckled, Ceres honestly forgot he was there half the time, she was much too preoccupied with the giant fish. "what? What's so funny?" She asked him.

"Nothing lass. Just nice to see the youth of today so energetic."

Ceres grumbled, she was sure he was laughing at the predicament, but jokes on him, he still had to man the fishing pole.

CERES STATS:

SWORDFISH STATS:
13/35 HP

CERES
ID#135126    BD : 3+1=miss

SWORDFISH
ID#135126  MOB  2-1=miss

Edited by Ceres

"Jokes on you Ol' Pete!" Ceres said with a wry grin as she tried to push back strands of wet hair from her face. "You're the one who still has to wrangle that crazy stupid fish in!" The old man chuckled in response to her taunt, then shook his head. Ceres was sure that if he could waggle a finger at her, he would have.

"Aye my sweet lass, that's where you're wrong." He gave her a wide, toothy (or toothless more like) grin. "I love this, Fishin' is my passion, Miss Ceres. I could sit here all day." He gave another chuckle. "And by the rate yer going we will be here all day." He laughed, a belly bouncing chortle as he tugged on the fishing line.

Bah.

Ceres would show him. She huffed as she turned on the ball of her heel and stormed to the edge of the boat, as the Swordfish swam around to attack, Ceres swung her teeny tiny blade at it, and hey, wouldn't you know? It was a hit! Ceres turned her back on the fish, giving Old Pete a proud grin.

""See! I showed you good!"

CERES STATS:

SWORDFISH STATS:
10/35 HP

CERES
ID#135127     BD 5: +1=hit

SWORDFISH
ID#135127      MOB  6-1=miss

Edited by Ceres
  • 2 weeks later...

"Did you now?" Old Pete asked with a tilt of his head, his eyes glancing at something behind her. "Did you really now lassie?" 

"Yes! I did! That thing is almost dead!"

Old Pete gestured to what was behind her with a waggle of his chin. "Might want to focus on the battle at hand Miss Ceres."

"Eh?" Ceres turned just in time to see the Sword Fish, alas - too little too late. Its large, pointy apendage struck her in the chest. It hurt. Kinda. It tingled more than anything. Ceres shook her head, and made an 'Oof' sound. But quickly decided that her best bet to tackle this slippery little sucker would be to keep it as close to her as possible, at all times. Even if it meant she'd get hurt in the process. She had plenty of health after all.

"I'm not letting you go till I manage to get another hit in you Mr Sword Fish!" Ceres cried out.

CERES STATS:
LEVEL 9 | 128/180 HP | 18 ENERGY

SWORDFISH STATS:
10/35 HP

CERES
ID#135653     BD 2: +1=miss

SWORDFISH
ID#135653 MOB  7-1=hit

Edited by Ceres