[PP-02] This is Why Children Suck <<Let there Be Light>>

Cordelia scratched her now white hair and sighed as she looked at the info she was given from the quest.

Rescue a child- who did this NPC think she was? 

She shrugged. Well, whatever. A quest is still a quest. As long as it gave her experience and stuff, then she was all down to do it.

She yawned as she closed the menu and sniffed. She was feeling incredibly lousy today. Maybe it was the lack of sleep she's been getting lately. Or maybe it was all of the drama in her life at the moment. 

Man, what a bunch of bull[doo doo]. 

She pulled on the sleeves of her haori with a small groan. Maybe she shouldn't be taking a quest at all if she was this unmotivated. She slapped her cheeks and pursed her lips. No! Time waits for no one! She was going to have to do it anyway. . . might as well do it now. 

@Morningstar @Alkor

The second floor seemed like a good place to take a few quests. It was below his level a bit, certainly, but the darkly dressed Player knew that he could still benefit from the quests he had yet taken, even if it were just the rewards. Games like this didn't penalize Players from wanting to do work, after all.

It would be interesting to see what kind of things he had missed, back before. The world had so much lore tied in, and all of it worked together with the system that controlled the entire world of Aincrad to randomly generate content at the drop of a hat. These quests were a result of that interaction. One of his friends always used to get so excited when they were waiting for the game to drop.

He wondered now if Evan was quite so enthusiastic.

Hmmm?

A questgiver NPC had ticked on his mini map as he mused about past interactions, and he glanced up just in time to see a girl start to walk away from her. Alkor moved forward, listened to what the quest entailed- the NPC sobbed and pleaded with him to go and rescue a small child.

The other player seemed in a huff, and Alkor wondered if that meant she was displeased with the content. Wouldn't this be the kind of story most girls would think was sweet, or something?

Well, I guess that's not true for everyone. Maybe I should see if she needs any help? Yeah, at worst, she'll just tell me to go away.

"Hey there," he called, "I just took this quest, did you need some help?"

Alkor 

Level 25

510/510 HP 50 E

9 DMG | 48 MIT | 3 EVA | 1 Blight

Blightsteel T2 Demonic Curved Sword Cursed/DMG/DMG/Blight

Nightmare Bomber T2 Perfect Light Armor 2 MIT/1 EVA

Vagabond's Mark T1 Perfect Trinket 3 EVA

[3] Light Armor [4] Curved Sword [MOD] Athletics

@Cordelia @Morningstar 

Edited by Alkor

Cordelia brows lifted as someone called for her.

"Oh, hello," she replied back, glancing him up and down before offering him a small and genuine smile. 

"Oh, no, it's fine. I'm way too over leveled for this quest, anyway," she said with a small laugh. "I should've taken it ages ago, don't know why I skipped it, though," she mumbled, scratching her chin.

She really didn't know why, huh. Maybe it was because she had overlooked it? She didn't think she would miss a quest like this, though. . . maybe it was because of some other wordly forces that stopped her from doing it? Nah, that was stupid. Right?

Heh, yeah.

"Anyway, I'm sure you can tag along, though. Pardon me if I'm wrong but you look like you're a bit over leveled for this quest as well," she chuckled, gesturing her hand him. "Who knows, though, I might be wrong," she said soon after, shrugging her shoulders.

"Yeah, you're probably right," he laughed offhandedly, one hand on the back of his head. "But I could use the extra experience from just completing it. Every little bit helps, and just killing a mob here and there doesn't yield nearly as much." The grind was harder as they got higher in level, so backtracking and finishing quests was a crucial means by which to improve in Sword Art Online.

"Either way, I'll tag along just in case. Might as well get it done faster, right?" he asked, though he didn't really expect an answer. "Worst case scenario, it's over quick. Won't get bored walking alone, though."

Alkor took the hilt of his blade in hand and rested his arm along the crook of the blade. At worst, they'd keep each other company for a short trip around the second floor, and perhaps see each other again some other time. Or perhaps not.

She seemed reasonable enough as a person, to the point where Alkor wouldn't mind tagging along with her.

@Cordelia