[NLY-F11] New Life Years Festival

Ahh crap, I should have told Macradon to keep his hands to himself

The thought crossed Mari's mind as she watched Macradon reach out to shake Alkors hand. "Mac's a pretty decent guy." Mari said in a proud tone as she reached out and gave Macradon's chest two light 'baps'  "He helped talk me through my skillset - I could easily deal a few hundred damage." Mari grinned. She was...happy  The ginger haired woman was with someone she cared deeply for, and someone she would almost dare to call her friend. Her blue eyes shifted to Macradon, as she voiced her thoughts. "Just a sponsor? I'd like to think we're almost friends at least - or do I need to go on another verbal assault?" She laughed with a snort as she turned her eyes back to Alkor.

I'm so happy he's alive.

Her hands began to sway to and fro as she softly hummed a gentle tune to herself, watching the two interact. Alkor voiced his relief and Mari couldn't help but smile softly at him. "I'm not completely hopeless you know..." She jested. "People just gotta deal with my ...*ahem* rather vocal cuss words I guess?" Mari said with a shrug. 

"What kind of build do you want, Alkor?" Mari patted her own chest twice. "I'm a glass cannon."

@Alkor  @Macradon

Edited by Mari
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Macradon chuckled, “Well we’re officially friends, so you can call me her friend as well, I just see myself as a sponsor and her friend. No need to mock me anymore than you’ve already done before.” he replied with a light hearted chortle. “Curved sword, shouldn’t be too difficult to manage. I’d love to see more people slowly join the frontlines, the battles are only getting tougher, and more people losing their morale, so the more the merrier, the more we can depend on each other.” he said with a happy tone. Not only was Mari seemingly rejoining the frontlines, this Alkor guy was joining/rejoining as well, it was really great having experienced individuals come to the frontlines again … Macradon included.

Nodding at Mari small comment on her build, “My build is a very PvE oriented Solo Build. I’m a bruiser/Off-tank, I do some damage and I do some tanking, it’s a very efficient build for soloing quests and skirmishes.” he said, to give off another possible build for Alkor to perspectivize upon.

@Alkor @Mari

At the mention of her name, the blonde let out a soft smile from beneath the hood " I'm pretty fond of that title to be honest. You won't be seeing me drop it anytime soon. I hope you will lean on me when the need arises, as I came to you in the past." Ariel hoped it was really clear that her suggestion was off the table. She wanted to cling to that time of the past, before... everything else happened. @Lessa was one of the few that didn't show animosity towards her and she would try her best to preserve that.

Now to the main course... trying to 'read' the future for a couple.. that would prove a challenge. She needed to buy herself a little more time to observe them. Push her in-game skills and push her intuition to the limit but she knew she wanted to give a positive prediction. Everybody deserved a morale boost even if it didn't have any solid foundation and was more of a guesswork from the sage's part. "Please take a seat you two." she finally muttered after her mental acrobatics, putting her low chair next to the other allowing them to take a seat while the hooded blonde sat seiza*-style on the wooden floor, across the table. The blonde let out a small smile as she again involuntarily revealed a part of her cultural heritage without meaning to.

Luckily half her work was already done as she already knew Lessa and was aware if her past personality and aspirations/goals. the only thing negative she could see for her former guilmaster was that she was selling herself short too often. However her partner was a different story. She didn't recognize him from past fight... at least the ones she'd been part of and his gear seemed to be top tier too. Ariel immediately noticed the blush on his cheeks and the way he looked at Lessa. 'Got'cha.' mused the sage as she cleared her throat.

"I can see that you two accepted each other's feelings only recently, there's nothing better than to have someone by your side as you go against this world's gods: Cardinal and Kayaba himself. You already took the first step, now you need to consolidate that relation for the trials ahead, cause they won't be few... nor easy. However if..." she let out out a small snort then corrected herself " or better said when you overcome them, it would be best to guide the frontlines, 'preach' by example. Let others lead and instead offer them council and aid with logistics and preparation. There are way too many things that can go wrong in a split of a second, even without having players at each other's throats even before the fights have started.
 @Bahr

TL Note: Seiza* - (正座 or 正坐, literally "proper sitting") is the Japanese term for the standard formal traditional way of sitting in Japan. wiki

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

A grin slowly started to spread across Bahr's cheeks as Ariel gave her predictions, just because of how cheesy it all was. He'd never really been one to put any stock into fortune telling or other superstitious mumbo jumbo, but damn if she wasn't good. By the time she'd finished, he was beaming from ear to ear. Maybe it was the flattering words about them being "council" for the Frontlines. Maybe it was the assumption that they would do it together. Either way, Bahr was pleased with what he'd heard. It left a hopeful taste in his mouth.

"Here that? We're gonna be a couple'a counselors," he chirped as looked down at his blonde companion. "Guiding the Frontlines to glory. No pressure, obviously." With a chuckle, he let go of Lessa and extended his hand forward to their fortune teller. 

"Ariel, right? I think that's what I heard. I'm Bahr, pleasure to meet you." He would wait for her to shake, or not, before proceeding. "What do we owe you for such a fanciful fortune?"

@Ariel - The Crowned Lion@Lessa

"I've got some idea how to proceed," he told while folding both arms across his chest. Alkor stood so that he faced both Mari and Macradon. Both Players spoke like they had information to impart about builds and strategies, but while Alkor was behind, he still understood the bare basics.

That wasn't to say that he had applied them to any degree. He had a healthy number of skill points allocated and some strength to show for it, but that was all. Any real development or specialization had yet to manifest in his play style.

It made sense that they didn't see him as on that level, because effectively, he was not. He wanted to be- he had the drive to be. He just had yet to attain it.

"But I'm not quite ready to commit to it, yet. I've only just reached level 25, see. I've been behind for a while, and I've got to put in the work to catch back up."

@Macradon @Mari

Edited by Alkor

On the house?

"A lovely deal from a lovely person. Thank you!" And just like that, the small purple-haired girl's skepticism vanished, replaced by the charming smile many of her acquaintances knew so well. "Then--" Mirth danced in her ashen eyes as she pointed at the first three potions and readied a trade window. She knew it was obvious that she was starting to form plans, but with the nature of these items, the more important question would be: who wouldn't? "--two of each, please."

She glanced curiously at the lingerie, careful to hide her growing interest. No, she would keep that under wraps.

It wasn't long before she was called in for the fortune telling. The self-proclaimed sage made a motion of her hand, and with the crystal ball starting to glow, she spoke softly. Maybe it was her mystical voice. Or the way the first sentence struck her instantly. Either way, Arabelle hung onto every word; the processing would come later.

"I see... Interesting," she hummed when it was over. Purple bangs fell over one ashen eye as she tilted her head, lips curling into an intrigued smile. "I don't know what I might do with it yet, but I'll keep that in mind! Thank you."

She rose from her seat.

"By the way, what's your name, ma'am? I'm Arabelle."

Some time later, she walked down lines of stalls with two sets of the sage's curious potions in her inventory and a burning urge to see the effects herself. But who was she going to use it on, she wondered~? Definitely, she had someone lined up for the love potion, but that wouldn't come until later... when they were in Magnolia's third-floor room. Alone.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That left the rest. Definitely, she wasn't going to use it on herself; experiments required the one doing the methodology to be in the right mind! With too many names and faces popping into her head, she continued on her meandering. 

And the answer to one of her questions presented itself in the form of a certain bespectacled girl who had an annoying tendency to stammer through literally every sentence she spoke. They had never clicked -- not on Arabelle's side, she didn't. No matter how much The Other Girl followed her around with that pathetic puppy-dog gaze of hers, Arabelle's opinion would never change.

She smiled to herself.

"Hello!" Arabelle drew closer with two cups of steaming hot chocolate, the friendliest approach she'd ever made. It was the festive mood, suggested the Christmas-colored ribbon hung on the collar of her parka. "Event drew you in, too? I guess it would be all the rage now. This definitely feels nicer than the previous one, don't you think? Here."

She handed over the drink on her left hand. Now holding the 'safe' hot chocolate with both mitten-covered hands, she blew softly on the steam that rose from it and took a sip.

"Bought two from a stall, and it turns out the person I was supposed to share it with is off with his wife," Arabelle explained casually. She took another sip with a satisfied smile. "Sucks, right?"

As soon as The Other Girl drank from her own, Arabelle quickly stepped to the side with a sweet smile. She disappeared from the other's vision as the one person she knew would be with The Other Girl right now approached.

She hid her Love Repellant inside a hidden pocket in her sleeve.

"So how did it taste?"

[ooc: @Ariel - The Crowned Lion didn't see a price on your first event post, so please inform me if i need to actually pay.

tag: @Jinx]

Edited by Arabelle

"mmmmm...." Mari made a thoughtful sound as Macradon talked about a PvE Solo build. She understood the term, but wasn't sure what kind of build it was. Bruiser? Off-tank...?  "Mac...." Mari said with a sigh. "You gotta teach me some of these terms. Man..." She shifted her gaze to the side. "Sometimes I think I'm too set in my ways If I wanted to hit hard maybe I should have gone for a giant spear."

Mari stepped to the side, gesturing how short she was in comparison to one. "But look at me. Imagine some tiny ass woman like me carrying a big f**k-off spear. IT doesn't really work - besides. Being able to deal bleeding damage or shocking the enemy into being unable to attack would help any potential team mates." Mari paused at that. Her eyes fell down to the snow covered ground. If I ever manage to get any potential team mates that is.  The thought was a little bit of a downer but Mari tried to shake it from her mind.  Macradon had assured that he was her friend...and that felt...really nice.

"Alk, I still think that's really admirable." Mari said when he mentioned his level. "I'm not too far ahead either I'm sitting on mid forties. I guess to hit the frontlines you want to be mid sixties...so I got a lot of work to do. Remember..." Mari offered Alkor a smile. "I owe you a few quests, we should do them together sometime?"

@Macradon@Alkor

Jinx HAd been intended to hear right to the view, after all, with Fou at her side, as well as Stryder, how could she not want to see it? However, it seemed she was meant to be delayed as she quickly lost Stryder (Namely, she got distraced by another persons familiar and he didn't notice her being, well, herself), and quickly looked around unable to see the person she'd come with. But she DID spot another guild mate, and noticed Arabelle was walking up to her. Jinx smiled warmly, even waving to her friend as she approached her. 

"Yeah, Stryder suggested coming and...Well, it looks like fun doesn't it? I mean, i tried that ring-tossing....i did ok at it i suppose. But, at least it's not endless hordes of the undead huh" She smiled, even trying to joke with the girl as she accepted the drink offered to her. The warm sensation in her hands as jinx scratched her familiars chin a little before turning back to her friend "Yeah, it's sad to hear that friend left. But, well..Thank you very much for the drink Arabelle. I'm just happy that you're always looking out for me, even if i'm being...well, myself" A guilt look flashes across her face, right as she takes the drink...

Jinx opened her eyes, and say...Stryder? "It tast...tastes....." Jinx paused, blinknig again as something surged in her chest, a burning, pulsing...!? The girl felt a minor panic come into her, what was...this, was this...? She glared down at herself, before looking up again at Stryder, and those emotions surged again. A scowl developing on the girls face as she glared at her guild-leader. 

[Tag: @Arabelle @Stryder]

Now that Christmas was here again Randal wanted to do something for the citizens of SAO, here in this town/village there was aspect many stalls giving out free items and Randal just wanted to advertise his shop a little so for just this time period.

“Please come visit me at Horunka village, if you quote this -50%2019- to me, I will give you one item at half price, any item I can make for you!” Randal died while holding up a make shift sign board with a little tray at the side giving out free samples to anybody who walks past hoping to catch anybody’s attention.

His logic was simple, it for his food truck theme to not have a standing makeshift stall and also so didnt like sales during the holidays. Hopefully more people would visit his shop cause he was still not very well known yet. Hopefully he would be soon.

"Christmas huh?" Gladio thought to himself as he walked through the festival looking around at all the people that had arrived, today Gladio was in... a weird mood. He used to celebrate this holiday all the time with his family, till his wife and kid past away. He tries to not let it bother him whenever these holidays come around, but it had sort of got to him. However he was happy at the attendance of people that were here, and he figured to come along and speak with some people, some of the NPC's and find himself in a better mood than he is now. Walking up to the Hot Cocoa stand he got himself a Sharp Cocoa, one of his favorites and slowly drank it as he walked through the festival. He looked right, left, and around him and realized that he knew absolutely no one that was around, he sighed "Maybe I should stop training as much as I have and finally meet some new people..." he thought to himself.

"Oh!" Mari blinked when she saw a familiar face step into the event area. Gladiator, a man she was somewhat familiar with. They shared a similar past, post parties having lost their children. He looked... like he was alone? Mari pursed her lips. She should at least say hi to him. Mari didn't want to leave Alkor , but she wasn't going to go and drag another person into his personal space either.

"Hey...I gotta go do something."

She reached out to Alkor and gave his arm a light squeeze. "I'll be back soon, okay." Mari gave the man a warm smile. He was here, he was really and truly here. She knew he wasn't too big on touching others - or having others close to him, but she just ahd to make sure he was here. He was alive. He was well. He was breathing. Her eyes softened as they rested upon his face. His golden gaze shifted from Macradon to her, to the scenery around them. "Take care." She turned to look at Macradon and gave him a wider grin. "You too Mac - don't go too crazy whilst I'm gone."

Mari turned on her heel and shrugged the thick white coat higher on her shoulders. The furr that lined it tickled her nose. The small woman shifted through the crowd of people, stepping to and fro till she stepped right in front of Gladiator. The woman gave him a freckled grin, her cheeks rosy from the cold. "Hello Gladio~" Mari said with a smile. "I saw you in the crowd and ..." She paused.

What did she want to do exactly?

Mari was so caught up in things she moved without thought. "I uh..." She pursed her lips, feeling a little silly. "I just wanted to say hello. So. Uh. Hello." Mari lifted her hand up in an awkward wave. "You've very easy to spot in a crowd yanno. Tall broad shouldered man such as yourself." Mari glanced around the two of them. "Do any of these events interest you?

There was a small silence where Mari kicked at the snow, her voice softened. "I just...saw you and I Didn't really want you to be alone, I get how hard stuff like this is sometimes."

@Alkor @Macradon @Gladiator

Hikoru walked to the event a little bit later than most. He had been caught up with things at work, and most of the IBS was itching to join him as much as he was to go. After their meeting, most people took off their cloaks and such to blend in more, and were free to go and join the festivities. Most of the workers and players came with him, so Hikoru was surrounded by a semi-large group of about 15 people including himself. As soon as they came to the 11th floor, the group dispersed into all the other areas. The stronger ones going towards the discus, while most of the ladies went to get some hot chocolate and watch the boys from afar. He just shook his head, these kids were all the same. But, he cared about them like his own kids. He passed by a few of them, giving waves and having light conversation, and he went to grab a hot cocoa himself

He looked at the menu, and he had a hard time picking. There was an array of choices for him, and he was unsure of what to do. He scratched his chin, which slightly bristled due to the light stubble he had started to grow. It wasn't much, but it made him look a little more mature, and it just felt right to have for him. He decided to choose the "Lucky" Cocoa. He hoped that aside from the effect it would probably give him, he was hoping to have luck with finding a friend or two here. Ever since Kit had disappeared, he had started to feel a lot more lonely. He tried to go to her home, but she was never there, and the lights were never on. It had been like this for awhile, and he had decided to give up. They were just starting to talk, so it didn't hurt as much as the first two times this occurred. However, it still hurt. He was looking for some friends to see, but he wanted to stick around and watch out for his workers that had come, to make sure they behave themselves and have a good time. If he caught them working he would eye them. This was their time off, and he was already taking notes on the multiple things that this event had to offer.

+1 Lucky Cocoa

Lessa couldn't stop the grin from spreading across her face. "Councilors isn't so bad," she told Bahr. "Besides, it's a far better reading that 'you're both going to die on the Frontlines." The blonde loosed a small shrug. "So I'll take it."

A sudden cold breeze whipped through the tent's flap, an eerie howl sounding through the small space. The woman shivered. "Yikes," she murmered. When did it get so cold? This is nuts." With a quick 'be right back' gesture, Lessa split off from Bahr and ducked out of the sheltered space. It was much colder in the main midway, but fortunately, the hot cocoa stand was close by. "Perfect," Lessa muttered to herself. 

Yanking her coat tighter over her knit sweater, the woman scooted up to the counter. "Hey there," she greeted. "What kinds of cocoa do you have today?" After the various choices were rattled off, Lessa made her decision.

Spoiler

Lessa obtains Sharp Hot Cocoa, LD+4.

Mari had gone over to some other man to greet him and they were having their conversation, Macradon would look over at @Alkor and nod “I’ll be heading off for now. Stop by my shop when you need your sword made, I’ll help you get it done in no time.” he said and walked away “I …” he said and cleared his throat “Have a date with the carnival games.” he said and tidied up his non-existent butterfly and strutted towards the ring toss games. As he arrived, Macradon would grab four of the discs and smile “I’ll show you guys how to do this!” he said and prepared to throw the discs at the targets. “YAW YEET!” he said as he threw all four discs at the third target at once with as much force as he could. With all the might of the knight, Macradon managed to hit the target with a disc once, which was more than necessary “I guess you can call me the expert.” he said with a smile with crossed arms and leaned backwards just slightly.

Spoiler

ID: 133377
BD: 2 -> Miss.

ID: 133378
BD: 5 -> Miss.

ID: 133379
BD: 4 -> Miss.

ID: 133380
BD: 9 -> Hit!

Edited by Macradon

"Is okay," Basuke managed to reply to them with a nod. They were talking about some... weird, unpronounceable thing... what was it? To help with the quest or something, right? "Playing more. Just a bit." With a cheeky smile, he pinched his fingers together, hoping his message would get across. "Can do on my time. But thank you for ask!" Couple the message together with a deep bow, to show his gratitude.

"Ah... I should be on my way. Going now," the boy informed his new friends, with a nod, stuffing his hands into his pockets. "Cold, Floor 1 better. And..." a cheek scratch, as he looked sheepish. "Look around festival just now. All was cool! Nice food, maybe I--" and he patted his chest for a moment with a fist "--will try tomorrow. Lunch. Oh--!"

Before he forgot, he sent Skeleton a friend request. "Need to remember you... As an OKAY!! dude." His gaze shifted over to the player, accompanied with a smile. "Nice to meet you, Ske-le-ton."

With a bow and a wave, Basuke then took his leave from the group. First, something from the hot cocoa shop to warm him up. Anything would do, really!

@Skeleton @Randal # i have 0 excuses for my delayed reply, but i thank you for your patience nonetheless _/\_!!

+ Sharp Hot Cocoa (1)

A festival? Well, this would be the perfect place to try and find some new found targets for her goals. But first, she needed to get to the eleventh floor. That wasn't hard to do, with Noxyl wrapped around her shoulders like a wrap would be, the snake seemed to be comfortable. This was easily seen with the snake sleeping on her shoulders, which didn't even seem to crack a smile from the woman.

But either way, she had just left her shop on the eighth floor, and was now on her way to the teleporter. It didn't take long for her to get to the floor and she immediately felt like this was hell. A snow white hell. She sighed as she walked around, choosing to ignore the NPCs. She didn't need nor want hot chocolate at the moment, she could grab something later. Instead, she walked, trying to see if there was someone who she could talk to, or just to see if she could find Nephthys to see how her target was doing.

Eh, why not. She turned around and went back to the lady giving out the hot chocolate. After taking a look, she decided to grab the sharp hot chocolate. The extra loot luck would be helpful after all. She offered a small smile, not a true one at that, before she turned and started to walk once more. Her eyes looked over everyone, there were several groups already made, no need to interrupt them.

Obtained:

Sharp Hot Cocoa, LD+4

Ronnel wandered through the festival, every so often pausing to look at all the people that were laughing, smiling and having fun. It was a relaxing atmosphere, full of cheer and life and he didn't even try to prevent the smile that spread across his lips as he watched NPC children running about, pelting each other with snowballs. He laughed and shook his head as one snowball went wide, hitting his leg. The kid that had thrown it froze in place and Ronnel laughed louder. 

"No worries, kiddo. Work on your aim, yeah?" The young boy gave a hesitant nod - then was hit by a snowball and raced off, trying to scoop up snow to return fire as he ran. Ronnel chuckled and rubbed the back of his head. Then the sound of cheers and jeers caught his attention, and he looked around. A ring toss? 

He hadn't seen or done a ring toss - or in this case a target throw - in years. The man ambled over in that direction, filtering into the line. He hummed under his breath as he read the instructions for the toss. The prizes seemed nice enough, and shouldn't be too difficult - but the real prizes were the top tier obviously, and not something he was likely to get. Ronnel blinked and pushed some hair back from his face as he reached the front of the line and took his discs. 

Ronnel hummed as he hefted his discs, testing their weight in his hands. He chuckled and separated one out, gaging the distance. He pulled his wrist back and flicked it out, watching the disc hurtle through the air and thunk against the target with a satisfying sound. It fell down and he rolled his shoulders. Feeling a bit more confident after the first hit, he tried to hit the third, only to watch as this time his disc missed, hurtling between the second and third targets. 

He laughed and shook his head. "Overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer I suppose." With a grin he went back to the second target, trying to hit it - only to miss when he let go of the disc too late, and it nearly hit his foot. The dark haired man blinked once, then twice, and rubbed his head with the last of the discs. "Well that wasn't supposed to happen, whoops." He shrugged. Thinking that he might as well go for broke, Ronnel took aim at the last target. 

It… Whiffed. Hard. The disc flew between targets, not hitting any, but coming close. Ronnel laughed ruefully and shook his head.

"Thanks for letting me try." He accepted the prize and wandered away, looking to see if he recognized anyone or if anything caught his eye. 

Toss #1 Target #2

Link id: 133908

BD: 8 Hit 

+2 Points

Toss #2 target #3

Link id: 133909 

BD: 4 Miss

Toss #3 Target #2

Link id: 133910

BD: 2 Miss

Toss#4 Target #&

Link id: 133911

BD: 6 Miss

Total points: 2

Edited by Ronnel

Well, Entropy wasn't usually big on celebrating holidays like this, but...having nothing to do left the young man bored out of his mind. And, given that there was an event on Floor Eleven, Entropy thought it might be a good idea to at least check it out. He wasn't really expecting too much, but at least it would kill some time.

Boy was Entropy wrong. This wasn't just an event, it was an entire festival! Hot cocoa, games, snow. Even a big old white bearded man talking about gifts and all that. Suffice it to say that Entropy was sufficiently impressed. The man decided to walk around and see what there was to see. With hands in his pockets he strolled around. People seemed happy. If this were the real world, many of these poor fools would be the perfect mark for one of Entropy's pickpocketing antics. Not here though. What a shame...

Kairi looked around at the event that had been happening on this floor, and couldn't help it but smile the entire time. Originally she had come with Macradon, however the two had gotten separated. She had found her with some other people, however with a smile she had shook her head and left him to speak with other people. Kairi didn't know many people around however it was okay, she was just happy an event like this was taking place. She took the time to play some of the games, and try some of the Hot Chocolate that was being given out and tried to enjoy what was around her. Karona had kept up with her the entire time, and he got a bit hungry. Smiling she had pulled out some Gemstones she collected and fed them to her familiar, patting her familiar on the top of his... chest head?