[NLY-F11] New Life Years Festival

Oh would you look at this! So many people, walking around enjoying the festivities with their friends. How nice. So safe and secure in the fact that they were in a safezone, and tomorrow they'd go back out into the big bad world to fight for their lives. Mewt spat on the ground as he leaned his back against a wall, watching people go back and forth. That was probably the third time that pot-bellied idiot had gotten hot cocoa. Hadn't he had enough by now? Mewt sneered in disgust as he watched the fat man waddle back to his low-level friends sitting on a bench. The world had no need for men like that. If it were up to Mewt, they wouldn't exist at all. Luckily for them, it wasn't up to Mewt. At least, right now it wasn't. Maybe another day though. In the meantime though. "Thanks." Mewt picked up a steaming mug of hot cocoa and took a sip. Dark chocolate. Perfect.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Geminorum scratched the side of his head as he walked around the snow covered square. What the hell was he doing here? Christmas cheer? The hell was that? He could be napping right now. It seemed as if some mysterious force made him finally crawl out from under his rock of a room.

The greenette yawned as he rubbed the back of his neck tiredly. Well, there was free things being offered so he might as well get them while they're still there.

He shook his head quickly before approaching the stand, where an unfamiliar NPC stood. "I can take whatever kind of hot cocoa you have left," he beamed, a 'somewhat' genuine grin on his face. 

The lady uttered a few words he could vaguely make out before handing him a hot mug of the liquid sugar. He nodded his head in thanks to the woman before he made his way out of there, finding a nice conveniently snowless bench to sit at. He sniffed the hot chocolate and mentally gagged. He was never a fan of sweet things. . . unfortunately, but he'll take what he can get

+Fast Hot Cocoa: +2 ACC, +2 EVA

11th floor, if you'd ask me I wouldn't have picked this floor to visit out of my own free will but due to various circumstances here I am, unattended by neither of my supports. A slight frown covers my features as I make my way through the crowd of people. Luckily I won't be aimlessly wondering around the place as my destination is the player run fortune telling booth. There both of my assistants are probably being unreasonably exploited by the blonde sage. I shake my head towards my own powerless in stopping her and them from joining in this joint feat. They said they will help because it would help build a reputation for the alchemy shop but from my point of view the blonde just wanted free laborers. "I shouldn't have let them go."

As I get closer to the stalls, the strong and delicious smell of hot cocoa beckons me closer and I found myself ordering one for myself. While savoring it I make my way to the next stall and try some disc throwing. "Not bad!" I mutter as I pick up the lollipop and inspect its stats, it will serve me well another time.

+ <<Protected Hot Cocoa#ID# 134438>>: +20 MIT

T3 ID# 134439  BD: 7 (4 points)
T4 ID# 134440  BD: 1 (0 points)
T3 ID# 134441  BD: 7 (4 points)
T4 ID# 134442  BD: 4 (0 points)
Reward: <<Peppermint lollipop#134442>>: Vitality 2, EVA 2 

Edited by Dracul

Waving goodbye at the couple, happy that her suggestion wrapped around the fortune telling guise seemed to please them. Seeing nobody else coming to her tent she went to check out on how her assistants for the day were doing. Poking her head, she noticed that the two brothers were busy tending to a NPC that was interested in their love potions. With a jovial giggle Ariel used her Sneak skill to walk away from her post unnoticed by the two marketing store clerks. She stopped next to the disc tossing booth that was within sight of her own stall and tried her luck at it. She was pleased to see Dracul also finished tossing and was claiming his rewards. "Wat'ch got there Draco?" she asked rudely, picking the item from his hands. "None of your concern." replied the blonde alchemist as he snatched back the potion, not before she got a good read on its side text. "oh I see, they're handing out quite the unique rewards here." She added with a sly smile, picking up o disks and goggling them around. "Let's see if I can do better!" She quickly glanced through the rules and the rewards. "I see.." A small laugh escaped Dracul as the blonde missed the 2nd most distant pole, all 4 times in a row. "Can it!" muttered the blonde as she received her 700 col prize from Brandy.

ID# 134443, 134444, 134445, 134446 BD<7 (0 Points)
Reward: 700 Col

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Sighing as Gladiator seemed too down to discuss things, Mari bid him farewell and wished him all the best  before turning away from him. Where....was Mac and Alkor? The ginger Pker blinked. wow, sh*t when did it get so packed here? She thought to herself as she began to shift through the crowds. She didn't exactly have a destination. Only that she wanted to avoid the more densely packed areas, such as the cocoa stand and the flying disk game. She hadn't been very successful at that...

Still, col was col.

Mari wasn't sure how she felt with the ever growing crowd. Should she just go? The last thing she wanted to do was to upset people, or cause them distress since she was marked. But at the same time, no one had mentioned anything thus far. The festivities were a safe zone. And everyone was so wrapped up in the pleasantries of the softly falling snow and their merriment.

Mari paused, being sure she wasn't in the middle of the walkway, - no she was near a wall not too far from another white haired player who was not having a good time. Not that it was her problem. He could stand there and stew all night.

She reached out a hand and let it collect the softly falling snow. Her doe eyed gaze almost entranced by it. Snow she had never seen it before back home. It was too hot. Yet here...she was able to experience it, quietly. And tonight. She wasn't alone. A smile played across her lips as she looked back up, eyes scanning the crowd for the one dearest to her.

NIGHT seemed a little...distracted, and that was okay! Ceres completely understood, they parted ways and bid each other warm goodbyes. The rose-red headed woman was in very good spirits, how couldn't she be? This was a really lovely time. There were so many people here too. Some she knew, and some she didn't. Lilac eyes spotted Alkor again, this time talking to a tall white haired man - they also saw Mari talking to a buff guy who looked like a walking tank - before she moved away. PRobably back to Alkor.

Ceres gave a coy grin as she watched, yeh - there was definitely something going on there between those two. Even Ceres - in all her oblivious ways had noticed that.  Ceres hummed happily as she wandered through the crowd. A jovial kip to her step. Every so often she'd accidentally bump into someone, and quickly apologize. It was one such player, a portly fellow who was not-so-carefully carrying four hot cocoas in his hands who had bumped into her.

'Oofff!'

Ceres was knocked back several feet, being knocked into a strange man. "Ah omygosh I'm so sorry! That guy came outta nowhere right?" She said as she rubbed the back of her head. "How does he carry so much anyway? Oh!" She blinked when she looked up at him. He looked...err...mad.  "OH are you ok? My names Ceres! I didn't make you spill anything did I?"

@Mewt

Mewt couldn't see terribly well in front of him as he brought the steaming mug to his lips and began to take a sip. Woe to the woefully inattentive. A body slammed Mewt, and hot steaming cocoa splashed across the man's face and clothes. Painful, but there was something a little bit more pressing to deal with, the fact that he was being tackled to the ground. Mewt gripped the tin mug and raised it, about to club his attacker over the head with it until he remembered he was in a safe zone. He couldn't be hurt here.

A voice shook the man out of his daze, his arm still raised with mug in hand. "Oh, uh, yeah. Cocoa. Everywhere," Mewt mumbled still trying to get ahold of himself. "Mewt," the man introduced himself, staring at the red-haired woman, head cocked to the side ever so slightly, like an animal examining something it didn't quite understand. "Are you okay?" Mewt asked, the question not reaching the words, even as Mewt finally found himself back in his body.

@Ceres

A frown played across Ceres's lips when lilac eyes danced from one splash of cocoa to the other. "Oh shoot. I made such a mess..." She mumbled as she opened up her inventory. Finding some water she splashed it over the sleeve of the thick winter coat she was wearing. "Here let me help you." She offered, and in typical 'Ceres' fashion she reached out to the man, oblivious to his personal space.

With one hand on his chest for support she reached up and lightly began to try and blot away at the cocoa on his face.

"I'm fine! I don't think any got on me. And the man who bumped me well it was an accident." She said with a laugh. "I suppose it might be a good accident, cause I got to meet you Meet!" 

Ceres gave him an earnest toothy grin, cheeks reddened by the cold air. "But I ruined your drink. So how can I help and make it up to you?"

@Mewt

• 3 weeks later...

New Life Years Rewards

Player Posts SP Col
Alkor 7 2 140
Azhoda* 7 2 140
Mari 9 3 180
Ceres 11 3 220
Noctua 1 0 20
Tala 2 0 40
Nephthys 1 0 20
Yukiro 2 0 40
Koga 3 1 60
Cordelia* 3 1 60
NIGHT 7 2 140
Lessa* 20 6 400
Bahr* 14 4 280
Ariel 6 2 120
Randal 9 3 180
Skeleton 4 1 80
Mishiro 2 0 40
Lonzo 1 0 20
Andromeda 1 0 20
Arabelle 2 0 40
Basuke 4 1 80
Macradon 4 1 80
Oscar* 5 1 100
Stryder 1 0 20
Jinx 2 0 40
Gladiator 1 0 20
Hikoru 1 0 20
Lethia 1 0 20
Ronnel 1 0 20
Entropy 1 0 20
Kairi 1 0 20
Mewt 2 0 40
Geminorum 1 0 20
Dracul 1 0 20

* Denotes a Father Wuoton writer. Post count and subsequent rewards represent Wuotan posts.