[F11 - NYL - PP] Happy News On The Holidays

Souwong_%28Older%29.pngOh, how lovely friends, Love ones and family, all one place. Seeing the brother and sister going great with some friends at this small booth Father Wuotan could not help but give a smile on his face. Hearing the words spoken by the group of friends it was clear they planning something, something sweet. Before them, the owner of the booth walked away and out of nowhere Father Wuotan was standing behind it with a smile. With no path from where he came from just appearing out of nowhere, he smiled and walked around the booth standing behind Noctua and Koga as He placed his hands on their shoulders. 

"What a pleasant surprise," he smiled and looked around the group, "I could not help but overhear this wonderful news, I'm so delighted to hear two great friends are going to get married." He smiled and with one hand stroke his beard. "Koga, Tala don't ruin the surprise," he said smiling to the brother and sister. He scanned the group of players as he looked around them and smiled, "It's a day of giving, You all gave me a smile so I'll return something. Just tell me what you would love and I see if I could supply you with it." 

@Yukiro @NIGHT @Noctua @Lonzo

When NIGHT asked Yukiro and Tala when they were getting married, Yukiro felt Tala's hand tighten around his and he could swear he heard Koga's neck bones creak as the man turned his head. Yukiro's mind was torn. While Yuki didn't want to lie... 
"Well, ah..." 
At the same time, both Koga and Tala were discouraging him from answering...
"You see, um..." 
Still, he really wanted to tell everyone. 
"We're kinda..." 
He looked Tala in the eye, silently asking if it was a good idea to tell everyone. 

Fortunately, that was when Father Wuotan came in. Yukiro decided that was the perfect moment to focus on something else. 

"Give something back?" He would have asked Koga and Tala about this, but he was trying to avoid the question they were asking. So he looked around at the rest of the group.
Ah, was he going to have to say something first? Right, that was how this worked today for some inexplicable reason. 
"We can ask for anything, right? Can I ask for some kind of amazing light armor?" Yuki was bad at asking for things, so this was the best he could do. 

While everyone else was looking at Wuotan, Yuki leaned close to Tala. 
"Should we tell them now or later?" 

@Tala

Everything seemed to happen at once. Lonzo was dragging attention onto Koga and Noctua, thank god, but NIGHT was focused on Yukiro and Tala, oh god. The question rang in her ears as she listened to the clapping and the cheering. The lack of a wedding date yet. Okay, one less thing to worry about right now. But, she listened to Yukiro stumble on his words, Oh no, don't falter. Please...you're going to make me say it aren't you... But thankfully, there was a interruption from someone familiar to her. She looked at Father Wuotan and she smiled, "Hello Father." He didn't want her ruining his surprise, so she took the moment to eat some more of her ramen. But Yukiro leaned in and asked her an important question. Should they tell everyone now?

She thought on the question, but she could still feel NIGHT's eyes on her, just begging for the answer, so she sighed. "We...um..are engaged now...." Koga, don't kill your baby sister or Yukiro. That would be bad, especially in front of Father Wuotan, that would be really bad. Wait, with the father here, that might actually save them from getting killed. Well, that was a pleasant thought, and a well timed visit. Thank you once more Father Wuotan, your timing was impeccable. She figured her couldn't hear the thanks, but she was going to think it anyways, because oh boy, was this about to get interesting when the NPC was gone.

@NIGHT

Was her question really all that malicious? With the sudden chill that had overcome the scene, filling it with tension, NIGHT had to wonder if it was the right thing to say at the time. A noisy slurp of her feast, as she listened into her friends' discussion.

But then an old man showed up. The father of festivities himself, apparently -- it left the woman with an uncomfortable feeling, with the season not being one of her favor. She gave him a look as she chewed on her noodles, taking them down with a gulp.

What she wanted for Christmas?

... A celebration just for her, for once...

Instead, she fished out an item more practical from her inventory, flashing it over to Wuotan. "I'd been ruminating on it, recently," she lied, a Halloween Sticker in her hands. "Do you happen to have something like this lying around? It's okay if you don't --" it vanished in her hands; the woman wanting to keep the treasure, "-- but I think that's at the top of my list right now. Otherwise, I'd go for a powerful accessory with balanced accuracy or evasion, though, that's off the top of my head."

NIGHT gave Tala a nod when the couple had finished their whispering. "That's nice to hear." She gave the two a bright smile, adjusting the chopsticks in her hand. "Congratulations to you two, too! I'm glad you found someone you like, Yukiro."

Ah, but that means I have to afford twice as much col for the wedding gifts now...

@Lonzo

He heard Tala say she was going to get married. A double wedding announcement wasn't a bad thing. Right? Why did it feel like it was. Ah because it felt like they were trying to steal Noctura and Koga's thunder. Well he couldn't expect everyone to have manners. In fact if they all liked each other this would be great news for them.

"Since it's a double wedding what colors do you girls think about having?" Lonzo asked.

This way they might find common ground and might even chit chat about amazing things. Women liked to talk about their weddings, and he hoped they wouldn't turn into bridezillas over it. To be fair he couldn't see them raging over anything. After all if they were telling each other about the engagement that would mean they would be inviting or there was no purpose to it.

"It's nice of you to tell Koga and Noctura about your betrothal I suspect it means they're invited to your wedding too right? It'll be fun, both you and Noctua not only have to shop for wedding dresses but maybe a bridesmaid dress or formal dress as well. The colors and shopping will be pretty fun right?" Lonzo asked with excitement.

He stared up at the big santa like NPC. He had seen him before actually. He thought about it.
"Some sort of secret quest details would be pretty cool actually." Lonzo stated. "A way to wake up...." It couldn't hurt to ask now could it? He knew the answer was no but hell he'd try because perhaps no one else had. "Otherwise if there's no quest details I suppose armor would be nice." he admitted. "Something energetic."

People were still focused on them. She wasn't sure if she liked it. So she mainly just focused on Yukiro and Tala. The pair was hiding something, she could tell by the way that Yukiro was stammering. It kind of sounded like herself back a while ago. Of course, it was Tala who had finished whatever it was that Yukiro couldn't finish. She smiled though and clapped lightly, "That's grand you two, congratulations." Yes, for those who hadn't been keeping track, Tala and Noctua have gotten to be on each other's good sides. They just don't know if they can call each other friends yet.

But then, she looked at the NPC when he showed up out of no where. How these NPCs could do that was beyond her, and she kind of envied it in a way. But he talked about giving, and told Koga and Tala not to spoil the surprise. She looked at Koga with curiosity, just before she thought of the perfect thing that she could ask him for. It wasn't going to be for her, but for Koga. Of course, if she got her way she wasn't going to be able to give it to him until they were married, but that was okay.

"Um, would I be able to get a coat that is cursed but has two evasion and a regen?" She thought for a moment as that might be a bit too much and something that the NPC possibly wasn't going to be able to do, but she would wait and see. If he said no, well, then she would happily ask for something else. Perhaps some experience for herself to be able to stay caught up to Koga. But for now, that was the gift that she was hoping to be able to receive.

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 440/440 // EN: 44/44 // DMG: 10 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

Koga felt a hand on his shoulder, and the man was greeted by the sight of a kindly old face of Father Wuotan. "Oh, hello Father," Koga said to him. "Don't worry. We won't ruin the surprise." That was about the only distraction afforded to Yuki as he sputtered along, trying to figure out what he should and shouldn't say. Tala on the other hand. Well, she had some interesting news. If Koga could burst into flames, he probably would've. The protective older brother in him kicked in for all of about a quarter of a second before he remembered the Father Wuotan was standing right there. And the fact that Yukiro was a pretty good guy. But that was besides the point. Koga took a deep breath, exhaled. "Yuki...you better take good care of my little sister."

As everyone else began to make their requests of Father Wuotan, Koga leaned into his bowl of ramen, trying to figure out how to reconcile the desire to kill Yuki and actually being happy for them both. Man, Tala really loved making life hard for him.

@Father Wuotan // @Yukiro

Father Wuotan nodded slightly as each request was made. While the items themselves were far from common, he believed that they would benefit the players tremendously. The burden placed on these individuals was enormous, and perhaps his gifts might make their journey easier. Besides, the holidays always left him feeling especially generous.

"I believe I have just the thing," he stated to no one in particular, reaching back to rummage in his cloak. First, he withdrew a piece of newly crafted light armor. He offered it to Yukiro with a small smile. Next, he revealed a shiny trinket, a heavy armor item, and a folded coat, giving them to NIGHT, Lonzo, and Noctua. "I understand that they are not your first choice," came his explanation as he turned to NIGHT and Lonzo. "But I believe you will find they are still incredibly valuable."

Next, he address the entirety of the small party. "I hope that you all find purpose in your gifts, and happiness in the holiday season." The smile that crinkled his gray eyes was warm as he added, "Merry Christmas."

His cloak billowed as he turned and disappeared into the crowd.

Spoiler

Yukiro receives the following:
Demonic Light Armor: Cursed / MIT / MIT / Regen

NIGHT receives the following:
Demonic Trinket: EVA / EVA / ACC / ACC

Lonzo receives the following:
Demonic Heavy Armor: Cursed / Heavy Momentum / Heavy Momentum / Thorns

Noctua receives the following:
Demonic Light Armor Coat: Cursed / EVA / EVA / Regen

(Name, description, and flavor text may be added as you deem fit. Please link back to this post for your records.)

@Yukiro @NIGHT @Lonzo @Noctua

• 3 weeks later...

Thread Closing

[Total]
+1SP/participant
+66col/participant

Yukiro, Tala, NIGHT, Lonzo
Individual rewards for NIGHT, Yukiro, Lonzo and Noctua can be located in the post above.

Spoiler

[Thread Progression]
+1SP/participant
+66col/participant

[Misc]
Individual rewards for NIGHT, Yukiro, Lonzo and Noctua can be located in the post above.

Edited by NIGHT
hi if anyone from this thread has a problem with it closing hmu thanks u_u)7