[PP-02] <<Long Live the Queen>>

Cordelia sniffed tiredly as she leaned her hands and chin against the hilt of her katana as it balanced itself on the ground. 

When was this stupid bug going to spawn? She could've killed it ages ago in one hit, yet it chooses to make her wait a whole hour just for it to appear. . !

Frekin' ridiculous. Well, at least to her anyway.

She was never really sure why she has yet to do this quest. She out leveled it ages ago. So what kept her from doing it? Procrastination? Busy schedule?

Cordelia hummed.

Guess she would never really know, huh? 

It's not like that this was a really bad quest, either. Heck, it had better rewards than most of the higher level quests she's been on. 

What a bloody joke. The higher levels could really use the levels. . . yet here is where all the experience is! What was up with that?

@Xian

Spoiler

LVL: 27 | HP: 540/520 | EN: 54/54 | 12 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 PARA VNM | 2 KEEN | 4 HLY

INVENTORY: 

☆ T1 Katana | Haunted Verdict: [Cursed] 1 HLY, 2 DMG
 T1 Light Armor | Bastille’s Resistance: +2 EVA, +1 PARA VNM
☆ T1 Jewelry | Aura Sensors: +1 EVA, +2 KEEN

BATTLE READY:

[5] Standard Healing Potions [Heals 50 HP]

CONSUMED:

N/A

SKILLS:

☆ R2 Accuracy Familiar Mastery: 2 ACC
☆ Disguise: [Gain +1 EVA until the start of your next turn]
☆ Survival: [Increases out of combat health regeneration to (15 * Tier) per post. Grants immunity to most damage dealing environmental
attacks/effects.]
☆ R1 Curved Sword Skill 
☆ R5 Katana Skill [+7 DMG/+1 BASE]

Stats:

Spoiler

- Basic Stats -

Attributes:
Level 1 | HP: 20/20 | EN: 2
DMG: 4
ACC: 0
EVA: 0
MIT: 0

Skills:
Rank 1 - Curved Sword (+1 DMG)

Inventory:
(Rare) - Emerald Pig Curved Sword (+2 DMG)

(Vanity) - Dragon Robe
(Starter) - Starter Healing Potions (+50 HP)

Xian has been spending a lot of time here on the second floor. It wasn't a particularly interesting floor, but he heard that one of the quests here gave out martial arts as a skill. This peaked his curiosity enough that it led him to spend more time here as compared to the first floor. There were also a lot of mobs that spawn in the forests of this floor, and he knew that this might provide him with a good opportunity to finally grind up some levels. It was a long way to the front lines, but through effort and enough dedication, he is sure that he will make it up there someday. After all, he was a prodigy back in real life, so there was no reason to think otherwise in this game. Xian walked out of the tavern that he had spent the night in only to be blinded by a ray of radiating sunlight. "Good day." He observed, heading to the wilderness, completely oblivious of the NPCs behind him who were talking about some boss monster that has been terrorizing low-leveled players in the wilderness.

He walked through the gates of the safe zone, taking his step out into the wilderness of what... his third time now? He hasn't been out here that much - he didn't dare venture too far out. Today, however, he was feeling a certain courage that directed him further away from the safe zone than usual. It was then that he spotted a white-haired lady looking rather bored with a katana - a weapon that he had wanted to obtain. "Good morning, may I enquire as to how you obtained your katana? I've been looking around in the shops of this floor, but no one seems to be selling any of those." He said, walking up to the woman unthreateningly. 

@Cordelia

Edited by Xian
Inserting stats

Cordelia hummed as she felt another presence appear next to her. As if mirroring her movements, Pacco, her familiar, tilted his head to the stranger the same exact time she did. 

Well, that was the first.

"Oh. . ." She murmured, cocking her head to the side. "You're interested in getting a katana, huh?" Cordelia echoed, sitting up straighter with a small smile. "That's great! It may not be the best weapon, but I certainly like it better than those heavier ones. It's a tad bit flashy, as well," she mumbled, stifling a small laugh as crossed her arms over one another.

"As for obtaining it. . . well, it's not very hard. It's just like getting any other weapon, though I'm sure the reason why you're not finding any in shops is because coming across a katana wielder isn't what you experience on an average day. I'd suggest going to a blacksmith that can make custom weapons-- Or. . ." she hummed, an excited grin blooming on her face as she bounded to her feet. 

"I can loan you. . . " She trailed off abruptly. Did she really want to offer this stranger a weapon she had gotten from Oscar? Would he be mad? Or glad that she had put it to better use and given it to someone in need? Hopefully the latter. . . she's sure that he'd like it like that.

Seeing that she spaced off right in the middle of her sentence, she snapped her attention back to the stranger. "I'd be happy to loan you one of my older katanas, but you do know that obtaining the katana skill is a bit different from other weapon skills, right?"

@Xian

It was just at this moment that he realized that there was some sort of animal right next to the white-haired woman. He was delighted when after explaining the katana as a weapon and giving him a general background, that she decided that she might loan him one of her old katanas. "Oh? The katana skill is different than other weapon skills? How so?" Xian asked, curiosity striking him. Apparently, the Katana was not the 'best' weapon, but obtaining the skill for it is a different process than the other skills. There must be a reason for this randomness? Xian shook his head, it wasn't his position to question the game developer - Kayaba. After all, he could kill everyone in here with a few clicks of a finger if he really wanted to. The fact that he even is allowing everyone to live right now could be seen as mercy.

"And sure, I would really appreciate a temporary katana to use while I'm getting used to everything. At the moment, all I have is this starter curved sword, and I don't think I'm going to be using it very much." Xian explained, opening his inventory and pulling it out. The blade was of a generic white color, but the hilt was customized. It was emerald green, and there was a pig made right at the intersection between the hilt and the actual blade it self. "Haven't actually tested this thing out. Maybe I'll get a chance to use it before I switch to a katana. Who knows?" Xian finished.

(I don't know what sort of familiar you have)

@Cordelia

[he's a little black raven with red eyes]

"Well, yes," she huffed, scratching her chin. "First off, you would have to go through a katana acquisition thread," she shuddered, remembering her first time going through that damn training. . . Oscar wasn't so lenient on letting her get the skill so easily. "Second, to get the katana skill, you have the have the curved sword skill," she paused, glancing at the blade he had just retrieved from his inventory. "You seem to have one already so that doesn't seem to be a problem. . . and third, you can't get red of your curved sword skill when you have your katana skill, which sucks because one of your skill slots is always going to be taken up by a stupid weapons skill that you're never going to use," she sighed, frowning. 

"Hm, well, I'll wait for you to get the skill and all first before I give you the katana itself," she murmured, clasping her hands together in front of her. 

"I can offer to train you for your katana acquisition if you want," she pipped, giving him a small smile. 

Cordelia averted her eyes to the small clearing where the stupid mob was supposed to spawn.

"Any second now a giant wasp the size of a full grown bear is going to spawn right around there," she huffed, leaning one arm against the hilt of her katana as she pointed to the clearing of grass. "Of course, you've got nothing to be really worried about, though the thing can one-shot you," she giggled, turning her head over to him. "I can one-shot it, easy peasy, though. Then we can discuss this katana training of yours in a bit."