BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

Skills
>> [Rank 1] Curved Sword
>> [Rank 5] Katana
>> [Rank 0] Martial Artist
>> [Rank 2] Familiar Mastery: Fighter
>> [Rank 0] Survival

Equipment
>> Tier One Demonic Katana <<Jack's Kuiaratame>> [Burn // Blight // Cursed // Fallen]
>> 
Tier One Perfect Light Armor <<Shaded Coat>> [Evasion // Evasion // Regeneration]
>> Tier One Perfect Trinket <<Tearful Strands>> [Accuracy // Accuracy // Recovery]

It was a quest. Of course it was a quest. Everything was a quest in this game. Why did this surprise Koga. It shouldn't he saw this coming, but it still surprised him. "I just don't understand how they gamify marriage," Koga...well he wasn't complaining he was just rambling at this point, to Noct as they made their way to Floor One's central cathedral. Apparently they had to go speak to some priest there named James Aria. At least they'd get all the information they needed because honestly, Koga was still at a bit of a loss when it came to how this whole marriage thing worked. How did they pay taxes to a government that didn't exist, for example. "Aw, crap, we still gotta get clothes and figure out who to invite. Let alone rings and a venue!" Honestly, Koga might've been the lady out of the two right now.

@Noctua

Spoiler

Level: 22
HP: 440
EN: 44
DMG: 7 || EVA: 1 || MIT: 18 || ACC: 3 || BURN 12 || BLIGHT 12 || REGEN 5

Skills:
» Rapier - Rank 5
» First Aid - Rank 1
» Familiar Mastery: Fighter - Rank 1

Equipped:
» Jack's Graceful Repose [Demonic Rapier [Burn // Blight // Cursed // Burn]]
» Virtuous Ascendance [Perfect Light Armor [Mitigation // Mitigation // Regen]]
» Silver Wolf Necklace [Perfect Necklace [Accuracy // Accuracy // Accuracy]]

Koga seemed to be more surprised that this was a quest than she was. In fact so much so, that she was currently laughing softly at his minor venting as they walked to the cathedral on the first floor. "It is a game, hun. They have to find a way to make everything a quest." Seriously, how was she more calm and unphased about this than he was? That was odd for sure, but either way, she was still laughing.

The laughing stopped as soon as he freaked out about the clothing and everything else. She lightly grabbed his arm to stop him, before she kissed his cheek. "Hey, I'm the girl remember? Time to calm down dear. Breathe, relax, we will get it all sorted." Seriously, Koga, what the hell man, how is she the calm one here? Once she was certain that he was at least a little calmer, she would let him start walking once more.

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 440/440 // EN: 44/44 // DMG: 10 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

Noct was laughing, quietly, but still laughing at Koga at his utter bewilderment. "I mean I know that, but I swear, I just never imagined someone would actually turn something like marriage into a quest. I guess as long as we don't have to like, kill some dragon or some bull like that, I shouldn't complain too much," Koga conceded. But to be honest, with his luck, he wasn't gonna be terribly surprised if that was the case.

Noct put her hand on Koga's arm and stopped him, kissing him lightly on the cheek, reminding him to calm down a little. The man nodded and took a deep breath, exhaling. "I know, I know. There's just a lot to do. And I feel like not enough time. I always get like this though, don't worry about me. Finals week is always hell for this reason," he said with a laugh, "so many projects, not enough time. Anyways, let's go find that priest."

It wasn't much longer before the couple found the massive cathedral, its great doors already open and waiting for them. They entered the building and strode past row after row of pews until they were up at the front where an NPC with the tag <<James Aria>> above his head stood. "Pardon me Father, but we were told to speak to you about getting married?"
"Oh you two are getting married! That's wonderful, congratulations. Young love truly is a wonderful thing, isn't it?"
"Yes, certainly Father," Koga said, nodding along before leaning down to Noct and whispering in her ear, "He looks twelve, can he really be talking about young love?"
"Sorry, did you say something?"
Koga shot up to his full height, "Hmm? No, nothing at all, Father! Please, continue!"

@Noctua

Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 440 || EN: 44 || DMG: 7 || EVA: 1 || MIT: 18 || ACC: 3 || BURN 12 || BLIGHT 12 || REGEN 5

"How about we not jinx ourselves okay. I really don't feel like fighting a dragon just to get married." That's not a thing right, because she means it, she doesn't want to have to fight a dragon to get married. That's just a little overboard. But they wouldn't know anything until he calmed himself down.

Thankfully, her kiss on the cheek and reminding words of calmness seemed to help just a bit. "So, does that mean I'm going to have to keep you from freaking out every time you get a project? I mean, I can do that, I might just have to start thinking of inventive ways after a bit," she chuckled lightly, figuring he knew that she was teasing him.

There was one thing that never seemed to stop surprising her though, the size of these damn cathedrals. Honestly, can they get any bigger in a video game? Who even went to chapels in video games besides getting married anyways? Also, why did this priest look like he was still a kid, was she about to be declared married by someone years younger than her? "Sure, the young part, but probably not the love," she whispered back just before the priest and Koga had their little teacher-student moment.

"So, what is it exactly that we need to do Father?" Since the child priest didn't seem to want to answer when Koga asked it, she might as well do the attempt.

@Koga

Edited by Noctua
Spoiler

Koga: HP: 440/440 // EN: 44/44 // DMG: 10 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

"I second that statement," a dragon was pretty high on the list of things Koga didn't wanna have to fight...well, okay he wanted to fight a dragon, but not as part of getting married. That was a bit much, if you asked Koga.

Koga thought for a moment about Noct's question before he answered. "No, not every project...just must of them," he said with an amused grin before kissing the woman on the cheek. "You signed up for this, you know. Not too late to back out," the man was clearly joking, please don't back out of this Noct. I don't need to write another five solo threads of depressed Koga.

"Oh, you know, just the normal things. Just communicate to me the details of your wedding, things like location, number of guests, food. Oh! And the rings of course! I can guide you through all of that of course though."
"That'd be great, Father," Koga said, grateful for any guidance they could get through all this.
"Very well, if you'd please follow me." The priest began to guide the couple to one of the side rooms of the cathedral, where a small table, with three chairs around it stood. "After you."

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 440 || EN: 44 || DMG: 7 || EVA: 1 || MIT: 18 || ACC: 3 || BURN 12 || BLIGHT 12 || REGEN 5

She was glad that he didn't want to fight a dragon either, at least, right now. She looked at him with slight disbelief on her face, "Mhm, why do I not believe that?" She smiled when he kissed her cheek, "I mean, if that's the case," she had a playful look on her face as she started to slowly back away, as if she was going to leave before she leaned forward and hugged him. "You're stuck with me."

She listened to the Priest soon enough and she held back a sigh at the sounds of everything that needed to be done. Wasn't there just some NPC planner who could do all of this for her? Like really, this was too much for a video game now. At least Koga seemed grateful at the moment, Noct, well, she was just not wanting to do that planning. Can't they just like, you know, get married right now? No planning needed?

She walked into the side room though and looked around before she sat down in one of the chairs. "So, the first thing that you need us to plan out?"

@Koga

Spoiler

No sooner had Koga made the suggestion did Noct start backing away from the man. Poor Koga. He gave the woman his best puppy dog eyes. She couldn't really leave him, could she? Nope, course not. The woman leaped forward and embraced the Swordsman and assured him that he was, indeed, stuck with her. Koga laughed lightly as he wrapped his arms around the woman and gave her a quick kiss. "Good," he said.

Koga sat down in the chair besides Noct, and the priest, across from them. "Well, the location you'd like to hold the ceremony is usually a pretty good place to start," the priest answered her.
Koga turned and looked at the woman. "Honestly, I got no ideas here, this one is all yours," he said before remembering something. "Except Floor Four...or Nine." No way Koga was either freezing his ass off, or melting it off. He liked his butt at a normal living person butt temperature.

@Noctua

The puppy dog eyes that he was giving her was adorable in a strange way, probably because he has a wolf for a familiar. But still, when she went back to him, he had wrapped his arms around her and kissed her. "It's going to take a lot to chase me away," she gave him a quick kiss in return.

Location? That was going to be interesting. But then, she might have already found the dress that she wanted to wear, so perhaps she could theme it around that? She thought to the dress and basically everything that she loved and she knew which floor she wanted. She looked between the Priest and Koga for a moment, "Well, I would like it on the seventeenth floor if Koga doesn't mind." She knew that Koga had done the same special crafting quest that she did, so she knew that he would know exactly what the seventeenth floor was modeled after.

@Koga

Spoiler

Noct's gaze flitted between Koga and the priest. The man could guess that she already had a location in mind. As to what that location was, he had absolutely no clue whatsoever. She opened her mouth and then..."The Seventeenth Floor?" Koga said, slightly surprised before remembering Noct had a fascination with Greek Mythology. Wow, she'd really lucked out with him then, hadn't she? "That sounds fine with me. A nice, very large, slice of home. And hey, I bet I could get Alexandros or Hephaestus to find some Muses or something for the entertainment!"

"Great!" the priest exclaimed, "usually that part is much more painful. Lots of yelling and all that. Anywho, moving on," the priest wrote something down on a paper Koga hadn't even realized the priest had with him, "How many people would you like to have attend?"
Koga turned to Noct, a little unsure of how she was about to respond, "Obviously, I'd like to have my sister there. And Yuki. Since they're dating now. And he's almost one of my oldest friends here."

@Noctua

Koga had sounded surprised at first, and she wondered slightly if he had forgotten about her obsessive fascination with Greek Mythology. Hey look it, she's obsessed with Greek Mythology and marrying a Greek. What luck? Why couldn't they get this while hunting materials for stupid fetch quests? "Oh that would be great!" There was pure glee on her face at the mention of Muses possibly being able to perform entertainment.

The guest list? Oh boy. "Yeah Tala and Yuki. Possibly NIGHT, and I mean since Lonzo was told he should probably be invited.." She trailed off a bit, still unsure of how he even felt with that last bit. But there was something else that dawned on her, "Doesn't Yukiro have a brother in game too?" Please let that change the subject enough to not let her have to deal with repercussions of inviting Lonzo. That was going to be an interesting conversation later though wasn't it?

@Koga

Spoiler

A cheer came from Noctua at Koga's suggestion that they might be able to get the Greek Muses to perform for them. And then he laughed, remembering Tala was a performer as well. Hopefully she'd be okay with sharing the stage. That would be a curious conversation. Maybe she wouldn't even wanna perform to begin with.

Okay, Noct was fine with Tala. That was a whole load off the man's back. "Yeah, NIGHT's not even a question. And yeah, I think Yuki has a brother. Let's try to make some extra room there for him and if he wants to bring someone. Same with NIGHT. I don't know Lonzo all that well, but you two seem pretty chummy. How'd that happen anyways?" Koga asked. Sorry Noct, you can't get away from that one. Not that Koga thinks that anything wrong, the man was genuinely curious! In any case, the question was out there, and Noct couldn't escape.

@Noctua

Koga laughed, and she didn't know why, perhaps it was from her exclamation to the muses. But it was still the topic of the guest list that worried her. She seemed to relax a bit when she agreed to let Tala be there. Why wouldn't Noct? The child might have tried to kill them all, but she was still Koga's little sister, wouldn't be fair to leave her out of this event. She nodded though for Yukiro's brother and the date that Yukiro's brother might bring, that was going to have to be looked at to be able to figure out if that was going to happen at all anyways.

Whelp, it looked like she wasn't getting out of this one. "Well, when we were...yeah that." Yeah, she didn't want to say the word, but he should know what she meant. "I went to that one bar, alone," don't ask why she felt like she needed to specify that, "Lonzo came in. We talked, danced, he bought me dinner, walked me home, and that is that." Oh god this wasn't about to go well at all was it?

@Koga

Spoiler

A look of surprise ccrossed Koga's face as Noctua explained how she and Lonzo had gotten closer...a little too close some might say. Okay, just one person. Who's username was Koga. But hey, what do you expect? "Ah. Drinks. Dinner. Dancing. Walking you home...after we...broke up."  The look on Koga's face said everything, as he struggled with wanting to punch Lonzo. But at the same time, he and Noct had broken up in spectacular fashion at that point so he couldn't really blame Lonzo or Noct. Even so..."That's uh...that's all you guys did?" Koga asked, his jealous streak clearly showing now. No matter the answer it woudn't change anything. Well, Koga might be slightly frustrated with himself and sad for a little bit, but that was about it. Don't hate him for this Noct, he really does love you. The Kasai jealously could clearly be much worse than this. Case in point, giant gorilla.

@Noctua

Whelp, he had gone from a neutral, or at least neutralish face, to pure surprise. She knew that her words were going to surprise him, if not anger him. She watched him though, waiting to see what was going to happen. A quick glance at the Priest seemed to show that even he was surprised in the moment. She looked back at Koga as he spoke, the look of surprise gone and replaced with the anger that she expected, but it also held hurt. That hurt her.

"That's all that happened. I promise." He hadn't believed her once before when she said that she promised something didn't happen, but he didn't believe her then. He was going to now right? She didn't want to chance losing him again, but now, it almost felt like she might, and in front of a Priest at that. She started to chew at the inside of her lip as she thought on this.

@Koga

Spoiler

Even though Koga couldn't see it, he knew Noctua was afraid, even as she gave her answer. Koga couldn't blame her, not even for a second. The last month or so hadn't exactly been kind to them, nor he to her. But Koga wasn't about to make the same mistake again. The man took Noctua's hand in his and gave it a gentle squeeze. "I believe you," he assured Noct. "Good thing too, otherwise I would have to kill him," he said with a sudden smile, trying to lighten the mood a little.

"Wonderful!" the Priest cut in, "well, now that the number of guests has been decided..." the Priest took a moment to scribble something else down on his papers, "So, what about food?" Oddly enough, Koga just shrugged. "I mean, Lonzo did offer to cater. Maybe we should just get a snack table to help take the load off him a bit? I'm not really big on fancy foods like this. Unless it's steak. Oh, can we have Lonzo make steak?"

@Noctua

She had been so stuck in her thoughts that she didn't realize anything else going on around them, until Koga grabbed her hand. She let out the breath that she really had no clue that she had been holding onto before she smiled and squeezed his hand back. "I think you'd have to get past me first on that one," she laughed lightly before she looked at the Priest, who seemed to want to be done with the slight tension from before too.

"Steak sounds amazing really, I think the snack table sounds good, and Lonzo might appreciate that small amount of help. Though, is there anything specific we have to do for the snack table?" The question was pointed at the Priest as she turned her head to look at him. Was there something that they were going to have to pick to be specific, or was it just going to be a simple little snack table?

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga shrugged. He was no event planner and he'd only been to one other wedding in his life, so he wasn't really sure. "I suppose the 'snack' table could really just be appetizers? I dunno what else. Although I have the feeling the game will just kinda...fill it in. Ya know? I'm not sure we're gonna get that much control, right?" Koga looked to the priest as he said the last part. The Priest hardly acknowledged Koga's assertion that the man was nothing more than an NPC and wound up just scribbling onto his paper some more. "Alright! One snack table!"

Koga groaned as he let his head fall forward. Would it kill the NPCs to...I dunno acknowledge the functions of the game? Even in an in-character fashion? Guess so. "Alright, Father," Koga said, clearly still disappointed in the NPC's lack of self-identity, "Whatcha got next for us?"
"I do believe that's about it," the Priest said scanning over his paper one last time,. "Oh wait! I almost forgot the most important part! The rings! You may order standard gold bands, or, if you were thinking of something special for each other, you can have a couple crafted for a little bit of extra Col."
Koga looked to Noct, still holding her hand, and gave it the smallest affectionate squeeze. "Well, you only get married once...hopefully...well, twice in our case. I'll just shut up and get to the point. Fancy rings, yes?" 

@Noctua

Edited by Koga

"Here's hoping, because I haven't been to any kind of wedding to know what to expect," and there is that little bit of information, have fun with it Koga. The NPC on the other hand, didn't seem to notice the shade that Koga was throwing. She didn't blame Koga really, the NPCs really needed to be able to show some kind of personality really, other than just what is being seen at the moment. But still, she nodded when the NPC exclaimed about the snack table.

Wait, were they really done? Was there nothing else that they nee- oh, there it is. The rings. Basic gold band or something fancy? She started to think on it, but looked at Koga as he fumbled around with his words. "Twice? Already planning on grabbing me right as we get out of here?" She was teasing, please do, she doesn't mind that thought at all. But please, don't make her go through this a second time. "Fancy rings sound good," she nodded to Koga with a smile before looking back at the Priest, "what do we need for the fancy rings?"

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga chuckled at Noct's teasing. C'mon Noct, 'twice' really shouldn't be any kind of surprise. "Damn straight 'twice'," Koga said with a devious grin. "Ain't no way in hell I'm giving some jabronie the chance the steal you away from me. Nope, as soon as we get outta this game, I'm locking it down." Ya know, to most people, that might've been concerning. But this was Koga we're talking about. Exaggeration is kinda his thing. He's joking. Well...sorta...

"You can provide some reference for us as well as the additional payment, and we will handle the rest. Worry not!" Father Aria said in response to Noct's question about the rings. Well, alright then. That made everything that much easier. "Uhm, I dunno about you, but I've got some ideas for myself," Koga said conjuring up an image of a dark grey band. The ring appeared to be made of steel, with the image of a forest acid etched into the outer band while the inside was lined with some polished wood. Oddly enough, the Priest scribbled something down once Koga conjured up the image. How in the hell the NPC managed to transfer the image onto paper, Koga did not want to know.

@Noctua

She chuckled, "So, you know that implies being able to find me right," another jest Koga, we all know that you'll find each other. Noctua's said as much already. She gently squeezed his hand as she looked at the Priest. So, all the Priest needed was a reference, she knew what she had in mind, family heirloom and all that fun stuff. Why not bring it into a game as well?

"I have an idea as well," knowing the ring by heart made it easy to picture it. Little did she know that as she thought about the silver gold plated ring the Priest was writing it down. But along with the silver gold plating along the ring, there were little leaves that branches off and had a single small diamond in it, all of which lead up to the bigger diamond in the middle that could act like the flower bud before it bloomed.

She looked at the Priest who was writing then to Koga, "Um, did he just write down what we thought of?" This wasn't creepy at all, nope.

@Koga