BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

Skills
>> Rank 5 Curved Sword
>> Rank 5 Katana
>> Rank 0 Martial Arts
>> Rank 2 Familar Mastery: Fighter
>> Rank 0 Survival

Equipment
>> Tier One Demonic Katana <<Jack's Kuiaratame>> [Burn // Blight // Cursed // Fallen]
>> 
Tier One Perfect Light Armor <<Shaded Coat>> [Evasion // Evasion // Regeneration]
>> Tier One Perfect Trinket <<Tearful Strands>> [Accuracy // Accuracy // Recovery]

Battle-Ready Inventory
>> [50 
HP] Healing Potions (2)
>> [40 HP] Healing Potion (5)
>> [DMG +1] Damage Potion (1)
>> [+50 Temp. HP] Over-Health Potion (1)
>> Popcorn [+ 20 MIT] (1)

Now, Koga was used to heat. But this? This was ridiculous. THERE WAS LAVA! LIKE ACTUAL MOLTEN ROCK. This was a far cry from the desert heat the man was used to. Koga wiped sweat from his brow as soot floated down from the sky, leaving black streaks across his forehead. The man was waiting just outside the edge of Yogan Village, Floor Nine's main settlement, with Okami at his side, the poor Wolf's fur stained black. Koga had heard from an infobroker that a smith and tailor had found a way to craft an item that allowed a player to rename an item they owned. Pretty vain if you asked Koga. Also something that he'd say he wanted if you'd bother to ask him. So Koga went ahead and did his due diligence, checking with the blacksmith and tailor respectively, and finding that they could indeed craft this item, he had sent a message to Noctua telling her to meet him up here, and that brought us to now. Waiting. With lava everywhere. And soot falling from the sky. Great times.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

Level: 22
Hit Points: 440
Energy: 44
DMG: 7 || EVA: 1 || MIT: 18 || ACC: 3 || BURN 12 || BLIGHT 12 || REGEN 5

Skills:
» Rapier - Rank 5
» First Aid - Rank 1
» Familiar Mastery: Fighter - Rank 1

Equipped:
» Red Dress [Vanity]
» Jack's Graceful Repose [Demonic Rapier [Burn // Blight // Cursed // Burn]]
» Virtuous Ascendance [Perfect Light Armor [Mitigation // Mitigation // Regen]]
» Silver Wolf Necklace [Perfect Necklace [Accuracy // Accuracy // Accuracy]]

Battle Ready Inventory:
» Starter Healing Potions (3)
» Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP) (5)
» Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage) (1)
» Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP) (1)
» 1 Fish with +1 Vitality snack (+2 Energy Regenerated in Combat for one Thread)

She got his message and she wondered what it was that had him up on the ninth floor. She was kind of concerned really, she didn't need him pulling anything dumb. Either way, she made sure that she had all of the things that she needed, and she was going to wear that new dress. The red one with the wine red accents, yeah, if she was going to be near a volcano, she wasn't going to go in her old vanity set. Sighing lightly, she looked at Athena. "Whelp, time to make sure that Koga doesn't get himself killed before the wedding."

A hoot as the two made their way to the teleporter. Saying the village's name, she and Athena were soon on the ninth floor. It didn't take her long to find Koga, and it didn't take her long to start sweating. Walking over to him, she really wished that her jacket wasn't long sleeve at this point, "I'm going to die from heat stroke before we leave here." She wanted to kiss his cheek, but she was certain that he was just as drenched in sweat as she already was, after being on the floor for a grand total of two minutes. Yeah, she is a snowbird.

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 460/460 // EN: 46/46 // DMG: 10 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1
ID: 132374
LD: 9 >>No Materials Found<<

Oh come on Noctua. You know you love it when Koga calls you up to random floors for random, but ultimately useless quests. Think of the danger, the adventure!

The sound of Noctua's voice drew Koga's attention and he turned in the direction she was coming from. Okami barked as she and Athena approached. "Honestly, same here. This heat is just something else," the man admitted. "But come on, the sooner we get this done, the sooner we can go somewhere cooler. Never thought I'd admit this, but I'm actually missing Floor Four right now. I'll explain on the way."

Koga began to guide Noct towards the area he'd been told that the Phoenix lived. The soot didn't seem to let up, which made sense. They were heading towards a volcano. "So, don't kill me, but I'm going after an item that lets me rename an item. And we gotta collect a bunch of materials." Yup. A fetch quest. That Koga volunteered for. The man wouldn't even blame his fiance if she tried to stab him right now. "We gotta find a bunch of standard materials that are on this Floor, but we've also gotta kill a Phoenix. Which is supposed to be near that volcano..." Koga said, pointing towards the distant mountain. Oh this was going to be a great time.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 440/440 || EN: 44/44 || DMG: 7 || EVA: 1 || MIT: 18 || ACC: 3 || BURN 12 || BLIGHT 12 || REGEN 5

She smiled at the wolf when he barked at her and Athena, only for Athena to leave Noct's shoulder, thank god, to go and land on Okami's back. The owl was not going to be liking this floor at all either, and it can already be seen with how she seemed to be glaring at Koga. "Well guess what then love, once we are done on this floor, we are taking a trip to the fourth floor so that I can cool off," a sweet smile on her face, that also seemed to say that there was no negotiations on that.

The heat alone might have been easier on her, but you put in the soot that was falling on them, and she suddenly felt like she was in that on volcano movie. What was it's name again, it was like super old...Dante's Peak! Yeah that one. She felt like she was currently stuck in the scene where they were saving the grandmother from the cabin. Yeah.

"Wait, so let me get this right. You, Koga, volunteered to do a fetch quest?" She placed her wrist on his forehead then, "Are you feeling alright?" No, she was not believing this at all right now. Not a single bit. "...kill a Phoenix..." She looked at him, she couldn't even begin to try and figure out what kind of expression she had on her face in the moment, but there were six words that went with whatever expression was there, "You're lucky I love you."

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 460/460 // EN: 46/46 // DMG: 10 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1
ID: 132412
LD: 13 >>No Materials Found<<

"You know, I've never actually been happier to hear that theres a trip to the Fourth Floor in my future. The world must be on fire," Lava. Volcano. "OH WAIT, IT FREAKING IS!" Koga had a feeling if snow fell on him now, it would instantly evaporate. Which, honestly, was a possibility right now.

Noct pressed her hand against Koga's forehead...as if that would let her know if he had a fever...they were standing in the middle of a lava field, everything probably felt like fire right now, including Koga. "Yes, yes I am, and also, I just want this stupid item...curse the devs for using my desire for loot against me and making me do fetch quests."

Worse yet was the fact that the volcano didn't seem to be getting any closer. Nor had Koga found any of the required materials. This was gonna be a long, long quest, wasn't it?

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 440/440 || EN: 44/44 || DMG: 7 || EVA: 1 || MIT: 18 || ACC: 3 || BURN 12 || BLIGHT 12 || REGEN 5

She laughed lightly, "Hm, maybe we should just get a house on the fourth floor then," she was teasing, or was she? She shook her head though with his outburst, the heat was already getting to him wasn't it? "You're the one who wanted to come here hun," she still chuckled lightly as she walked with him.

Of course, she knew that he was going to feel hot, but that wasn't going to stop her from trying to be cute, while sweating. Yeah, she was probably far from cute right now. "So, what is this item then that we are out here typing to find the things for?" Though, knowing their luck, they were going to be stuck in this place for ages weren't they? "So, how many materials do you need and what are you looking out for? Any words of luck that I can give ya?" She was trying to be supportive, don't blame her if she was talking too fast with her French accent going at the same time. Seriously, he might not have been able to understand all of that.

@Koga

Spoiler

ID:132437
LD: 1 >>No Materials Found<<

"Please, no," Koga begged as Okami whined at him. The poor pup missed the cold, "I'm sorry Okami, but as much as I don't want to live in a volcano, I don't wanna live in the middle of an Ice Age either, thank you very much."

"I wanted the item," Koga clarified, "not to be slow roasted like a chicken. There's not enough meat on my bones for that. I wouldn't be very tasty." I mean this kid was pretty much just sticks and bones. Not very nutritious, trust me.

Koga looked around as he answered Noct, but sadly, there were no materials in sight for the man to pilfer. "It's called a 'Nametag'. I know, real clever ain't it? But I need five materials...which seems like it's going to take forever..." Koga sighed as he resigned himself to not finding anything for a good long while. "As for the words of luck...anything you know that'll make materials fall from the sky?"

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

"Okay, how about some place that get's snow once a year?" She was going to compromise, both of their familiars missed the snow. Athena seemed to agree with this compromise by the amounts of hooing that she was doing on Okami's back. It seemed like he was getting a bit outnumbered now.

She gently poked his arm and looked at him for a moment, "I don't know you looked perfectly fine to me." Many ways that could be taken and she wasn't going to change her wording or put any different words behind it. Let Koga think what he would want to think. She smiled at the potential answers that she might get from him though.

"Nametag?" She looked at him for a moment, before shaking her head with a smile of disbelief of the items name. But still she was wondering what kind of materials that he was supposed to be looking for, and she wondered if she should have brought his a lucky charm of some sort, because she might not cut it. "Hmm... what about... At least you have good company?" She was out of magic words, sorry Koga.

@Koga

Edited by Noctua
Spoiler

ID: 132440
LD: 10 >>No Materials Found<<

Snow only once a year? Well now that sounded boring..."I can live with snow for like...a month," Koga said with a laugh, "but don't expect anymore than that you three. Otherwise, I might turn into a Kogascicle. And I don't think I'd be a very tasty one for that matter."

When Noctua prodded Koga's and told him he looked fine to her, the man squinted at the woman. Wha-...what? Did she intend to eat him? Or was she saying he seemed to have packed on some muscle at some point...you know what, he didn't wanna know. He wasn't gonna say anything.

"Like I said before, it lets you change either an items appearance or the name of the item. Kind of a stupid reward for a quest this annoying, but I'm vain and so I'm subjecting myself, and now you, to this hell to get it." Why did Noct let him drag her around on these stupid quests?

"That's not exactly what I was looking for, but you're not wrong. The company is very enjoyable," Koga said with a sly smile.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 440/440 || EN: 44/44 || DMG: 7 || EVA: 1 || MIT: 18 || ACC: 3 || BURN 12 || BLIGHT 12 || REGEN 5

"A month?!" She looked at him in complete disbelief for a moment. "I mean, I could always make sure you don't turn into a Kogascicle. Some fire, hot cocoa, hot soup. There are many a things to help keep you warm during the winter." She laughed lightly as she just watched him be silently confused on what it was that she had said.

Leaning over, she kissed his cheek, "Meaning, that you are handsome and have no need to worry." She wasn't going to let him sit there and suffer in his mind about what it was that she meant. That would be too mean of her after all.

She just shook her head as she looked at him, "So, is this supposed to be a test on how much stupid things I'll let you put me through?" It's meant as a joke Koga, even the smile on her face as she said it was proof enough, well, as long as the heat wasn't making tempers rise with it.

"I'm sorry hun, it's too hot to be able to think of inspirational words anymore," she smiled sheepishly for a moment. "But, at least I don't have to worry about you being in volcano land all alone."

@Koga

Spoiler

ID: 132508
LD: 13 >>No Materials Found<<

Noctua gave Koga a surprised look and a number of ways she intended to save him from the terrible cold that was winter. What a lucky guy he was. And no, that wasn't sarcasm.

Once Noctua realized Koga's complete and utter confusion,  she mercifully kissed his cheek and explained that she simply thought he was attractive. Koga couldn't help but chuckle at his stupidity and his fiance's sweet disposition. "You had me worried for a moment," he said, still chuckling.

"Oh yes, definitely a test," Koga said, nodding. "Now, I'm not supposed to tell you this, but the church is evaluating you for sainthood. And I'm here to see if you've got the 'patience of a saint'. So far, you're passing with flying colors!"

"Worried I'll fall into a pit of lava? Or maybe get into a scrap with a fire elemental?" Koga teased his fiance at her apparently concern for him possibly venturing out here alone.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

"What?" The question was issued to his surprised look. She was confused on what she said to surprise him so. "Did I say something wrong?" She was now slightly anxious that she had done something wrong.

"Why would you be worried?" Genuine curiosity showed on her face as he chuckled his woes away. She was slightly confused as to what he had to be worried about. Really, she was confused. She didn't think that she was giving him anything to be worried about, right?

She laughed as his sarcastic, yet smartassed, reply. "You know, I don't even think the church would be willing to subject someone in their ranks to follow us out here." That was the truth in her mind, she really didn't think anyone would even be warranted to being followed anyways. Who would want to follow around a pair of hopefuls, knowing some couples, that had to be a scary job.

"Actually yes. Have you see your luck? I leave you alone for five seconds to do something, and you get thrown out of a fight by a gorilla with one health point left." Yeah, she was going to throw that into his face, because in her mind, his luck was crap, and she was going to make sure that he wasn't falling into any lava or being turned into a pile of ashes by a fire elemental.

@Koga

Spoiler

ID: 132557
LD: 12 >>No Materials Found<<

The surprised look on Koga's face morphed into a genuine grin as Noct asked him if she'd said anything wrong. The man leaned over and kissed the woman on the cheek, despite the sweltering heat. "Nothing at all, my love," he assured Noct.

Koga laughed sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his neck before answering. "Well, I dunno. Maybe you had plans to eat me. Or boil me, mash me, stick me in a stew?" Koga could really be an idiot sometimes. And this, this was one of those times.

"I'd be more worried about the fact that the church would be sending people out to follow other people at all. Like what the hell man? Big brother much or something?" Honestly, this wasn't the Spanish Inquisition, the church shouldn't be stalking anyone. Not unless they wanted to get killed at least.

"H-hey, don't blame me for that!" Koga protested, "What was I supposed to do, let Tala fight that thing alone? No way, I couldn't live with myself if I hadn't gone to help her, with or without you guys. But still...thank you. Ya know, come to think of it, why did you help us? You had no reason to then."

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

She watched as his face went from shock to having a grin on it. She just stared at him, even more confused than she had been moments before, but that was soon gone as Koga kissed her cheek. "Good, you had me worried for a moment there," she laughed lightly before kissing his cheek in return, now really hoping that things were so hot at the moment, oh how she just wanted to hold his hand.

"Eat..you?" She looked at him confused for a moment before she shook her head, "Your imagination is amazing love, perhaps I should get you to write a book when we are out of this hell." By hell, she fully meant the game, please remember that Koga, and yes, she was still going to hunt him down to be with him out of the game too.

She thought about the church possibly sending someone to watch over them and she shook her head, clicking her tongue in a tsk sound. "If that was to happen, then things might get a little odd, because I don't need anyone following me as I take a bath."

She smiled lightly as he freaked out a little with his protest, but it was the final question that came with the protest that made her think for a moment. "I helped because even if I couldn't make you happy, your sister being alive was still going to make you happy. I wanted to be sure that you had at least one of the options." Her gaze flicked away from him to the area in front of them, hateful volcanoes.

@Koga

Spoiler

ID: 132609
LD: 4 >>No Materials Found<<

Noctua looked at Koga, completely dumbfounded. Yeah, the man's stupidity tended to do that to people. It was legendary. "I dunno if it's imagination, or terrible mental issues," Koga said with a laugh. Honestly though, everyone in this game probably had some mental issues now. Oh, and make no mistake, Koga did notice how Noctua had implied she'd still be with him after they cleared the game. At least he had something to look forward to besides being prodded by a therapist after all this was over.

"Anyone follows you while you're bathing and I'm going to stab them," Koga said, warning the world as a whole. What? There were some creepy people out there.

Koga looked down at the ground as Noctua explained. Even when she absolutely hated his guts, she'd still wanted him to be happy somehow. Damn, Koga, what in the hell did you do to get so lucky? The man lifted his head and smiled at his fiance. "I love you. Ya know that?" he said.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

"Isn't that what makes the imagination so great? Mental problems?" She was teasing you Koga, she wasn't calling you mental, though, if you ask her she might say that you are for wanting to be with her. But that was something that she wasn't going to say aloud, not unless she was prodded enough to say so.

"Anyone follows me while I'm bathing and I'm stabbing them," she laughed lightly, mainly at the expense of trying to get him to keep from threatening every person that they run into. Now, if this luck of his would be so nice as to give him some materials, that would be perfect really.

She didn't know what to expect when she explained why she still helped Tala, even during that time, but she wasn't quite expecting a smile for some strange reason. "Hmmm... I don't know, do you?" She is teasing you Koga really, she knows that you love her, "I love you too." See, she knows that you love her.

@Koga

Spoiler

ID: 132626
LD: 3 >>No Materials Found<<

"I dunno about 'great'," Koga replied, "but it does make it extraordinarily...interesting."

Koga laughed as Noctua said she would stab anyone who followed her to her bath. "Atta girl. I wouldn't happen to be rubbing off on you, now would I?" Violent tendencies weren't exactly Noctua's modus operandi, unlike Koga. At least, not usually. This unique situation might've been the exception.

Noctua continued to tease her lover, who only smiled at her as she professed her love. "Good, 'cause you're stuck with me. Can't escape now!" Poor Noct. If only she knew the kind of trouble she was getting herself into.

On the other hand, Koga seemed displeased at how barren this wasteland was. Which was a given...but where in the hell were all the materials? "Noct...how much would you hate me if I said we should turn around and come back later?" the man asked. He was getting real sick of these fetch quest, but he only had himself to blame this time.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

"Extraordinarily interesting is better than crap," she threw out that little bit of motivation.

She smiled before she shrugged, "I don't know if it's you rubbing off on me or if I just never would have voiced it aloud." She laughed lightly though, basically at the thought that someone was doomed if they ever tried to mess with her at this point.

"Is it I'm stuck with you or your stuck with me?" True question here, with still some teasing undertones. Either way, it was valid since they both have now stated to the other that they are basically just stuck with each other at this point. Something that Noctua didn't mind at all when one goes to think about it.

She looked at him and shook her head lightly, "I'll make you a lucky bracelet or something, help you out." She smiled, knowing that she was still going to follow him back into this, literal, hell just to be sure that two things didn't happen. One, he didn't fall into lava or find some other source of death. Two, no other chick tried to come near him, nope, that wasn't going to fly.

@Koga

Spoiler

ID: 132641
LD: 6 >>No Materials Found<<

Koga chuckled as Noct asked whether it was him rubbing off on her, or if she was just willing to actually say something about it now. "Probably a little bit of both," Koga said with a grin. "I pity the fool who decides to mess with you...which, now that I say that, I realize is most likely going to be me. God, I hope my Regen carries over into the real world." Sorry Koga, that ain't gonna happen.

At Noct's next question, Koga paused to think before he answered. "Naw, its definitely you who's stuck with me. May God have mercy on your soul." Koga, bless the boy, didn't exactly get that Noct was implying he couldn't escape her either. But, hey, he tried.

"Could you?! I'd really appreciate it hun," Koga said at the thought of having such a helpful little trinket. Especially seeing how much the RNG Gods seemed to hate him.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

She looked at him and grinned before gently patting his cheek, "Don't worry hun, I'm certain you won't need the Regen, and if you do, whelp, at least I know first aid in real life too." The grin turned into a smirk as she looked around them, this seemed to be worse than any place that she had live before, and she lived near volcanoes. But then, those weren't constantly erupting.

She facepalmed, literally. Brought her head down to meet her hand half way as she sighed and shook her head, "Love, you're stuck with me too." She let out a small laugh then as she looked back at him.

"If it allows me a moment to cool off from here, definitely. Now come on, I'm certain that I can get something done for you tonight and we can try this again tomorrow." She didn't really wait for any sign of agreement or protest from him before she grabbed his hand and started to drag him back to the town. Heat be damned.

@Koga