F11/NYL/PP) Celebrating properly - Stryder/Jinx

She was the first person he had ever told her name here in this game... Who were alive at least. He had told Katherine at the funeral, but, a little late for her to hear that. Still, it actually felt nice, having someone know his real name, as weird as it is. She did make a good point though, at least it wasn't common, it was unique. Still strange name for a guy to have, what were his parents, hippies or something.... Its to late to properly change it, but, whatever. He couldn't help but smile when she called him by his first name, and say she wouldn't betray him... He, really needed that. To hear that. It did make him feel, more human.

"Thanks Alisea, i know i can trust you. Despite how absent minded you can be, your adorable and kind, and honestly... I'd trust you with my life" He says to her with the same warm smile he always wore around her, seeing her sleeping familiar on her lap, it reminded him of Sliver, who always curled up on him. But her size did make it hurt a little... He drank more eggnog, smiling. 

"So, is there anything you want to wish for this new year?" He says, slowly mentally preparing himself for what he wanted to do.

Jinx took another long sip from her drink, noticing it was once again empty. She shouldn't be going through it this quickly, but she couldn't help herself. It was tasty! The girl poured herself another glass, and smiled brightly at Stryder as he spoke. The girl glanced down at her napping familiar, and lightly playing with Fou's ears. 

"Well, i promise...to take care of you. You've done a lot for me, so it's only fair for me to return the kindness" Jinx nodded her head at Stryder. She'd been lucky, in a way, to find such a kind and caring leader to follow. There was so much that could have gone badly for her, and yet, somehow, it had worked itself out nicely for once. Perhaps it was simply the calm before the storm, as her life was always, but this once. She hoped that life would just go on without chaos erupting around her.

"...what do i want...?" Jinx frowned, confused by the question before smiling softly and looking down at Fou "I don't know...If i was to guess, maybe...Maybe a letter from my family? Oh, and...maybe something selfish like... don't know....good armour?" The girl had a guilty look across her face as she turned to face her guild leader "I'm nearly at the point i have to upgrade my armour and...well, having something that'll keep me safe is always nice" The girl shifted a little, she didn't want to ask him for it. He'd already done so mcuh for her in terms of equipment...

"I assume you already know what you'd want?" She asked, assuming Stryder would already have a massive list written out of the things he wanted. 

She wanted good armor.... Lucky her and him... He had something for her, thanks to that blasted Halloween event.Though.... He wouldn't be able to give it to her easily. That item, it was bloody cursed, and he had been struggling with a way to hand it off to her. He knew how, but... Well, he wasn't exactly ready for that. He wanted a house first, then he might take that step. She nearly was at that point... So, he would keep up the work, and help her get stronger too! He really was glad that she was wanting to  return the kindness.... But honestly, she didn't need to. She did so much just by being there for him that she didn't need to go out of her way.

"Thanks, Alisea... And you know i'l always take care of you" He says, giving her a light pat on her head, making sure not to knock her around, both to keep her from spilling her drink, and to stop the familiar from waking up. He had no idea how she would react. When he heard what she wanted though... A letter from her family. He felt really bad, he couldn't do that for her, but... Well, there was one thing he could do, maybe....

"A letter from your family... Sadly, i can't make that come true... But, if you miss the real world, i might know a way to get you something..." He says, thinking out loud for a moment. "I'v heard rumours of a quest on the twenty second floor... Apparently, it gives you a picture of something you value. If you want, i'm happy to take you there" He says to her, with a smile. As for what he wants.... 

"Yeah.... I know what I want. I'v known for awhile. Just trying to work up courage" He says, not giving anything away in reality. He might do it now... But, he could do it after he took her on that quest, if she wanted to go on it.

Jinx smiled warmly at Stryder as he rubbed her hair a little. She didn't understand why it was nice, but it was. The girl glanced down, feeling an odd surge throughout her body causing the girl to frown. She knew it was a surge of emotion, however she had no idea what emotion it was. It wasn't a familiar one, not that many made sense to the girl. She shifted, pushing her confision to the side when Stryder started to talk about how she could....

The girl nearly dropped her glass on Fou as Stryder told her she could...get something from back home! The girl was speechless, she dived internally and much like before, Stryder would see a dullness in her eyes when she wasn't exactly home. The idea of...being able to see her family, those she choose....Even if it was just for a moment. The girls heart felt like it exploded. 

"I could see the again...? E-even as a picture, i'd be able to see them?" She asked, as if she didn't believe what she'd just been told. It couldn't be possible yet. Stryder hadn't lied to her before, why would he? She started happily shifting in position, the idea of being able to see her old family overwhelming her with happiness. She wanted nothing more to see them, to talk to them. Even if it was nothing than a picture, it was a taste of home that she needed. That Alisea wanted more than anything else. She clsoed her eyes a little, happyly content...before rowning and looknig at her friend.

"Wait...If you know what you want , why don't you ask for it...? What is it you want?" The girl had no idea why Stryder seemed, well, worried? She didn't understand, couldn't explain why the person who seemed to overflow iwth confidence seemed...well, afraid almost. What could worry the person who dived head-first into danger? 

She seemed, to completely change for a moment when he told her about that quest. She had the dullness, so she was wandering. Her mind off in her own thoughts, no matter what he said or did she wouldn't hear him. It was kinda adorable, and... he was a little jealous she could do that. He could zone out the world, but he never was able to drown it out to a point it didn't exist. He was pretty sure that was what she was doing, subconciously, when she went into deep thought. When she snapped out, which was only for a moment, she looked confused, and her words, even they sounded confused. 

"If the rumour i'v heard is true, then yes. Whatever memory in your mind you cherish the most, will become a picture that you can take with you. I'v never looked into it properly, only heard rumours from the info brokers, but... If its true, you could see whoever, or whatever, you miss most from the real world again" He says, seeing her shifting around. She really seemed happy to learn this! He was a little suprised, from what he had learnt, she didn't like - Well, not didn't like. But she didn't have the fondest memories of her family... It could be that other group she had mentioned.

"Why don't i ask for it huh...?" He repeats, looking up at the sky. "I guess i'm worried if i don't get the answer i want, something will change, and i'm worried i would mess it up" He says to her, smiling at her. He might say it soon... who knows.

It seemed so impossible to be true, to be given a picture of her friends, her family...from the real world? How could it even see a memory she treasured? Jinx smiled softly and took another drink. It didn't matter how. All that really mattered was her, family. She could see them, even as a picture. It would be enough for her. A reminder, of what awaited her in the world beyond Sword Art Online. That, in of itself, could drive her throughout it. With a reminder that her family would be watching over her, in some way. At least, her family in the real world. Not to mention the family she'd started to make in this game. 

"Even if its just a picture, a memory that i've lived a thousand times in my head. To hear them, to own something of them. It would be a precious memory, one i'd never be able to lose even if my mind..." A somewhat guilty smile crossed her face. They both knew she wasn't always like this, even if her minds activity has started to become more 'normal', she was still prone to overloads and her mind was,, well...Useless. She let out a sigh and closed her eyes a little as Stryder answered her question, and she didn't udnerstand...

"I don't get it. If you're asking someone, then by not asking, nothing happens. So you should ask, or...i can't remember what Shiro said after that...He always had a way..." the girl placed her drink on the ground, trying to recall something a friend had told her. But the exact words alluded her much like much of her active mind..

She really was in thought, it was actually kinda adorable seeing her face. She seemed so happy, from what he could tell from her smile. She really seemed to want to get something. Even if it was just a picture of something cherished, it seemed to have her racing. Sure, her control over her own mind had improved quite a lot recently. Though she was still the young girl who could be swept up from a simple thought, lost into her own world no matter what happened. When she finally snapped out, well, sort of.. 

"I'l take that as a you want me to take you there" He says with a smile, then listening to her saying that he should ask. Who was Shiro though? He hadn't heard that name before. Was that someone in this game? Or was it someone from the real world...? Either way... 

"I suppose your right... But i think before I do, i'l make your wish come true first" He says, smiling as he finishes off the cup he had in his hand. They had gone through a few bottles, but he had plenty - Helped he had learnt how much of a glutton Jinx was with food. "Then... Maybe i'l see about mine"

Jinx's face lights up at the prospect of being taken to the quest to see her friends, and she nods her head rapidly with excitement "O-of course i'd love to ...oh" Jinx was looking down at her Familiar, who had woken up in her excitement. Fou almost glared up at Jinx, who smiled guiltily and began to stoke her familiars soft fur.

"Oh, Fou, i'm so sorry...i didn't mean to wake you up i promise" The girl let out a sigh, her hands full now. One taking care of her familiar, and the other feeding herself the tasty drink she'd happily been indulging in. In her defence, it was nice...

"You'd really do that for me Stryder? Thank you so much...I'd hug you but...well, i'm sorta trapped" The girl looked down at her familiar, not wanting to move and 'rewake' her up just yet. Jinx knew she'd have to eventually, but not just yet. "To see the real world, is a gift in of itself"

Father Wuotan, omniscient and omnipotent as he was, heard the child's plea to see the real world. It was time to grace the pair with his presence. Silently, he made his approach, stroking his long beard as he thought long and hard about what token he could give the child that would be fitting of this occasion. Perhaps a photo from her memories of the holidays? Of course, there was little point in giving it so much thought without first having the desire verbalized to him. Wuotan stepped up behind them, his tall frame casting a long shadow over the pair. He spoke gently, this voice thick with empathy and compassion - traits of great value in the holiday season. "Hello my children. Might I ask the two of you your holiday wishes? If it's within my power to grant, you shall have it." The Father waited patiently for their responses. He truly hoped that his sudden appearance here on this roof of all places would not be so jarring that they couldn't speak.
@Jinx
@Stryder

She lit up, she did want him to take her, though she woke up her familiar at the same time. He simply smiled, putting a hand on her head and playing with her hair for a fleeting moment before gently scratching Fou behind the ears, if the little thing let him. Then he looked back at the girl he was with. She really seemed happy, though he was a little  upset he didn't get that hug... 

"It's fine, how about we go do it after we finish up here?" He says to her, about to say something else when out of nowhere, the father guy appeared. He saw the shadow, and he was about to turn around and throw a punch when he saw the face, and heard the voice. It wasn't someone he had to be scared of, but he had done a shift to move into fighting stance. When he saw who it was, he calmed down, smiling at him.

"Careful sneaking up on people, who knows, we might have fallen off the roof" He says, scratching his head. Holiday wish... He looked at his armor, well, the raindeer cloak. He had used that item to put another enhancement on it, but, it wasn't what he wanted... He might be able to change that!

"Is it in your power to change this enhancement from Para immunity into Vampiric Defensive?" He says, pointing at the armor he was wearing. He would rather more survivability from HP. It wasn't like he got hit constantly.

- Asked for an item to change unique enhancement Para immunity into Unique enhancement Vampiric Defensive

@Father Wuotan

@Jinx

Jinx spent her time petting Fou, even though it became clear her familiar wasn't as tired as she first thought as Fou clambered up onto the girls shoulder. It was where her Familiar spent most of her time, and honestly, it was comforting for Jinx. She smiled at her familiar, right as she heard a voice and felt Stryder move. She quickl spotted the newly arrival, and for those moments, Jinx froze. It wasn't that she was scared, but rather...The shock of having someone appear behind her did leave her slightly stunned.

She finally switched her brain on, and heard his question. what did she...want? She wanted that photo, of her real life...but also.

"A way to protect the people i care about" The girl replies softly, standing up "I want to be able to help those i care for...If you can, upgrade, items...Then my Heavy Armour, the Cursed one i have. It's got an ability, Flame Aura. If i could have it doubled up, make it harder for the monsters to kill me. If you could do this for me, i could...save those around me" 

The girl did feel slightly bad asking for it, but. If she could get more armour, she could...help everyone.

-Asking for Flame Aura on Jacks Cursed Armour 

@Stryder

@Father Wuotan

Edited by Jinx

Wuotan stroked his beard as he listened thoughtfully to the requests of the young couple. Certainly, their ambitions were admirable and driven by positive emotion. That being said, there were limits - even to his power. "I'm afraid I cannot do what you have asked, Stryder," the old gentleman admitted on a sigh, squinting inquisitively at the youth. "Curiously, there was another young man who asked for something similar recently. I did what I could for him, but for you... I think I have something better." His weathered hand reached into the pocket of his robe, reemerging as a balled fist. He slowly opened his palm, which revealed a small orb of light that drifted into the air with the whimsical grace of a feather caught on a smooth breeze. It settled in front of Stryder, hovering before him at eye level until the young man held out his hands. It then transformed into a set of armor fit to the boy's choosing. "You will find this useful in extending your staying power, which is the root of your desire. When the time is right to use it, you will know."

He then set his sights on Jinx, cheeks bunching up as he offered her a warm smile. "As for you, Jinx," he began, a small slip of paper materializing in his palm. "It seems fortune favors you. This should be capable of modifying your armor in the way that you have described. Go forth and continue to protect the ones you love, as there is no greater gift one can give. Even mine pale in comparison."

His work done, it was time to take his leave. Father Wuotan offered them a final goodbye wave before turning and taking his departure, off to lend his aid to the other patrons of this sacred holiday.

Spoiler

Once Jinx accepts the voucher, it binds to her. It cannot be transferred to anyone else for any reason.
It is only valid to add a single slot of Flame Aura to Jack's Heavy Armour.
Voucher expires January 29th, 1987+100 years at 10:12AM PST.
(Please link back to this post for your records.)

Spoiler

Stryder receives the following:
T3 Demonic Heavy Armor (MIT | MIT | MIT | Recovery)
Equipment name and description to be determined by the recipient. Must be evaluated before use.

Jinx smiled warmly at the stranger at his offers for both herself and Stryder. While it may have not been what Stryder wanted, it would help him. The girl let out a silent pray of happiness. At least Stryder would be safe, that's what was important to her. The girl let out a sigh of relief. When he was off being, well...himself, that armour may just save his life. Those around her would be kept safe.

Then he turned to her, and the girls eyes lit up at his offer. He was willing to enhance her armour, make it easier for her to help others. She'd be able to stand on the front line for longer, and in turn, save the others. Jinx did the only thing she could to thank him. She bowed her head low, eyes closed. Fou, caught by surprised, dug her claws into Jinx, but the girl was dead silent. 

"Thank you so much for this. I promise, i'll save everyone i can with it. I promise to make good use, keeping everyone i can safe" Jinx raised her head and smiled at him before he left. Jinx looked at the vouncher, and smiled as she turned to Stryder.

"I don't know who..or even how. But he gave me something to save everyone i care about and...I can't let this pass me by. I'm going to save everyone i can...by being their shield"

He listened to Jinx as she chose what she wanted. A way to double her Flame Aura... That, that would be useful for her! It was a smart choice, and it made him relieved, meant he didn't have to worry as much about her being killed as he did before. Though he was sad his own wish couldn't be brought to fruition. Dam, another time then, if some other event happened that allowed him to change his gear around, he would try again. Of course - that was in the distant future, not the current. Though, he did offer a set of armor, demonic level. Right now it was just an orb, he couldn't even see what it would become, but either way.... It would help him.

"Yeah, this will do what it needs. Much appreciated father" He says as he waved him off. He heard Jinx speak after he left, listening to her. She was going to save everyone? Those were his words. Had she adopted what he had wanted to do...? Was he influencing her? Or.... was she just being herself? Most likely the last one, though it was a nice thought that she wanted to help him achieve his original goal...

"Whoever he was in reality, it doesn't matter. He gave you your next step forward, and he gave me something to help me in the near future" He says, smiling. "Wanna head home? I can cook us up a holiday meal and we can finish celebrating the event with a feast!" He says, a warm smile as he took another look at the sun, and the town.

- Obtained T3 Demonic Heavy Armor (MIT | MIT | MIT | Recovery)
Equipment name and description to be determined by the recipient. Must be evaluated before use.

Jinx smiled and nodded at Stryder. He was right, in a way. It didn't matter where, he had given them something for the future. With her newly upgraded armour she could...save everyone. She knew in a way, her style of combat wasn't exactly designed to go it alone. After all, the girls weapon now sat discarded in her room. Armour was her plan, to save everyone and cause no pain to those around her. 

That's when the offer of home, and specifically, more food came up and the girl was already nodding her head! "I'd love that...The drink you had was sooo nice so, i cannot wait to eat!" As always, Jinx's appitite was insatible and the girl was still hungry for more food. Just the offer made her stomach growl, and Fou lightly pawed at her face.

"F-Fou, p-please that ticklesss" The girl said while laughing, but making no move to stop her familiar from continuing to tickle her face with its soft fured paw. 

He smiled at the girl, un-surprised about her bottomless stomach. She was literally insatiable when it came to food. Her brain always wanted it, well, her stomach did. Thankfully this was only a video game - If it was the real world, he had to wonder if she had a fast metabolism... But, again, it was another thing he knew to NOT bring up around girls was anything weight related. HE DID NOT want to go down that very deep and long rabbit hole that eventually would lead him into an early grave....

"Alright, lets get going then!" He says, smiling as he offers her a hand up. After helping her off the roof so she wasn't a clutz and got hurt, they went home where Stryder cooked a curry up, her favorite meal. He had more eggnog there they enjoyed, and finished celebrating the holiday together, peacefully and without interruptions.

- Finished

Jinx & Stryder get - 1 SP 200 Col

Stryder got T3 Demonic Heavy Armor (MIT | MIT | MIT | Recovery)

Jinx got - It is only valid to add a single slot of Flame Aura to Jack's Heavy Armour.