[F11-NYL-PP] Warm Spirits

The woman hummed, putting the ends of her chopsticks in her mouth. "I mean, danger's not really a problem for me, I think. Though, maybe we can use what she would want as leverage for the meet up." She chewed on the wood softly. "Maybe, rations or something? What would she even need from a safe zone, a bath?" NIGHT rolled her eyes, lost at what she was aiming for with her suggestion. "Maybe we'll just cut ourselves a deal and work as a mediary for her. Who knows."

She set her cheek to the side of her fist, smiling as she watched Ceres enjoy the bamboo shoots she'd playfully offered her earlier. A beneficial trade like this was always good. NIGHT nodded at her declaration, smirking as she added up with a curious hum. "Allergies aside, you must have preferences for food too. Should I look out for dried bamboo shoots for you? Or are you more open to snacks of the sweet variety? If you don't tell me now, I'll end up sending over salty cuttlefish or something, and then we'll both lose out on our deal."

"Oscar has a what?!" Her eyes widened, meeting Ceres' gaze to ascertain the truth. A mansion? Him? Did her neighbor just decide to come down and visit his stall once in a while or something? It felt like such a hassle travelling from one place to the other. NIGHT nodded in understanding at Ceres' words, shifting her own sitting position, adjusting how she'd leaned on her hand. "I feel the same way -- though it's mostly because I've lived in a flat my whole life, so I'm just more used to the size and space I'd be living in given that condition." The woman shook her head, trying to imagine Oscar's life in his huge home, with suggestions from Ceres' own wishful home peppered into the idea. "--- You sure do have a careful idea of what you want in your house," she'd finally commented, redesigning the image in her head to fit her friend's proper description. "I'd just want a personal bathroom and a living quarters, that's all."

NIGHT snickered at the redhead's pronunciation of the NPC's name. "Father Wuotan, wasn't it? Heh, 'Woo-woo...'" She examined the chopsticks in her hand, humming in agreement at Ceres' words, before feeling a small warmth brush her cheeks.

"--Because its your birthday, so you deserve it."

-- Sh*t.

See, the woman had been learning to hold in her inhibitions easier the whole evening, but she felt as though her facade had begun to crack with her friend's magnificent attack. For a beat, she stayed still, heart racing as NIGHT held her breath.

And then she pulled away, eyes trained on her friend, just in case she'd follow up with anything. A smile, and a lean backwards... G-good.

She shot Ceres an awkward grin, doing her best to simmer the least of her shivers, clicking together the utensils in her hand. "Cake... sounds wonderful, right now. But--" and NIGHT began poking into the treat, cutting it as evenly as she could (not very) with her chopsticks, scooping up a dollop of the dessert on her sticks. "-- You're gonna have the first bite, missy." A smug grin from behind the scarf, scarlet burning lightly on her face. "That's what happens when you pull stunts like that in front of me now. C'mon, eat up!"

@Ceres

Ceres laughed at NIGHT's suggestions. "You know, you sound like you'd be good with business deals and the like, using needs as a leverage so both parties get what they want, if its equal or not..who is to say?" Ceres took a deep breath, "I feel like that's relative though, I'd think that information a PKer could provide would be priceless, but as you said - she'd probably just want things we take for granted. Although..." Ceres said with a laugh, "I doubt either of us could carry an entire bath." The subject was light hearted but Ceres couldn't help but realize the gravity of the situation. Imagine being stuck here, but also being without basic necessities like bathing and food? Even criminals were granted those things.

NIGHT asked Ceres what her preferences were. "Hmmm..." Ceres placed her chin on her hand, the other reaching up to fiddle with the decorative pin that NIGHT had given her. "I think I like both...I mean...I haven't tried salty cuttlefish - is it nice?" She asked in thought. "Although I definately do like sweets, but sometimes snack food isn't always sweet - sometimes you want something a little salty or a little dry. I like the variety." Ceres smiled, "So either way I don't think we'd loose out on our deal, how could we if we are both still in contact after all this? Sounds like a win to me."

Ceres nodded when NIGHT showed amazement at Oscars home, "Yeh I think it's on the seventh floor? He said he kept his shop on the first because he wanted to help new players. I thought that was really sweet! But... There was just something really nice about the rolling hills and quaint cobblestone streets ... it would have been nice to set a shop up there." Ceres sighed as she lifted her head from her hand and arched her back to stretch.  "Having a store next to you will be quite nice though." She turned her eyes to NIGHT. "Yeh, I do have an idea of what I want in the future, don't we all? It helps drive us forward - even if it seems out of reach."

Ceres stared at the slightly smooshed slice of cake held betwixt NIGHT's chopsticks, bits of cream and cherries clung to it. "OH ah..." Ceres felt her cheeks grow hot, was she blushing? Was NIGHT offering her? well...if NIGHT was offering.  Ceres leaned forward and took the bite from NIGHT's chopsticks, leaning back she gave NIGHT a sheepish grin, the cake was sweet and when she bit down on the cherries they burst with flavour. "Mmm, Now you try!" Ceres said with a mouthful of cake.
@NIGHT

NIGHT hummed, nodding as she listened to Ceres' words, before snickering at the idea of hauling an entire bathtub out of town. "I mean," she cleared her throat, "If it were an item, that wouldn't be a problem. But physically, that sounds a bit much. I'm sure I can figure out something she might like, though."

She laughed when her friend decidedly took interest in the cuttlefish comment. "Wait, wait, you're serious?" A smirk, as NIGHT fought back a giggle. "It's salty and chewy; I'd meant it as a joke! I personally think there're better snack options out there than things like that, but--" The woman shrugged. "--sure, if it's on your to-try list now. It'll be easy getting my hands on some, and it'll be nice to get letters from you, too."

"The seventh floor?" That just sounded even worse -- the house is just out of the way at that point! But as Ceres continued, describing the picturesque scenery around it, NIGHT hummed, thinking. Maybe he'd found it to be worth the trouble, with a tranquil place like that. She couldn't argue with that. "You get to hang out with Oscar too, theoretically," the woman offered, with a raised shoulder and a smile. "Since our shops are in the same location."

As NIGHT held out the cake for her friend to eat, she took great pleasure in watching Ceres' face turn red. Bingo~. She tried not to laugh when the redhead took a bite, pulling her chopsticks away towards the cake when she was done. At least Ceres was happy with how the dessert turned out. NIGHT beamed back at her friend, before picking up another portion of the cake, holding her other hand out underneath the slice. "Down it goes."

Sweet, soft and delicious. The cherries were sharp, but savoury to her taste buds. Holding a hand to her mouth as she licked some cream off her lips, she sang the treat its well-deserved praises. "It's pretty good! Might as well've been the best cake I've eaten so far in here... More like the only one. You'll have to tell me where you got it some time."

The two women continued to pick apart the cake, taking their turns enjoying the celebratory dessert. Underneath the shelter of the ramen stall, they watched the snow fall onto the streets, exchanging light-hearted comments and banter about the future. For this Christmas, in the iron castle, at least they weren't celebrating it alone; they were two spirits in the cold, keeping each other warm with their company.

@Ceres

• 3 weeks later...

Souwong_(Older).pngA wish for your self, some nice words indeed. It was clear that the girl was quite nice to other people, even the once that did not want to be treated as nice. And seeing that such an innocent girl makes great friends even if the fighting looks quite dark. Her own spirit is quite strong, she did not use weapons most of the time and seemed to be quite strong with her words. Two friends having fun and eating speaking about houses and placed to hope once they get to and stay in for a time. It sounded so lovely and Wuotan could not help but give a smile. A small breeze came from behind the girls and as soon as it stopped Wuotan was standing behind them with a smile.

"Sorry to interrupt your conversation, but I could not help it but enjoy the kind words, I will always show when you don't need me and I will leave when you want me," He said with a smile holding his staff in his hand and smiled to Ceres. "Your such a nice girl to speak to Ceres, you speak your mind but you are always sorry for doing so, your brave to stand up to people you just met but you understand where they come from. You love the world don't you," He said now standing between the girl and leaving no footprints behind at all. smiling and NIGHT "Nice to see you are making friends as well apart from your standard friends, The more the merrier. But as you know I'm about gifting and Ceres dear you can choose something you want, I will see if I can provide it for you."

@Ceres

Edited by Father Wuotan

"Cheese and Crackers!" Ceres cried out, dropping her fork - she scrambled to pick it up as it clattered to the plate she was sharing with NIGHT. She turned to see the elderly NPC from the event. Her eyes widened. So...he was...real? Ceres...knew he was real but didn't actually expect him to turn up. "I Uh..." She glanced to the plate, nothing more than crumbs on it. Then back to him. Crap....what did NIGHT say his name was again? It wasn't father WooWoo....she shouldn't insult him...right...?

"H-How did you know all this?" Ceres blurted out to the man at his assessment of her -it seemed sweet, and sincere - but it was almost concerning. All she could do was slowly nod as he asked her if she loved the world. "Y-yeh." She turned her lilac gaze to NIGHT then back to him, had they already met?

"What...do I want?"

Ceres thought about it for a few moments...she didn't care about weapons or armour... she had all she needed crafted by NIGHT - and well, Ceres wasn't planning on fighting. She could ask for a familiar - but the woman wanted to find it on her own, with her own merits. "Uhm...I Don't know...." Ceres mumbled as she fidgeted. "S-Something that can help people around me." She looked up at him and gave him a warm smile.

"I want something that can help others around me - that brings people together and makes them happy."

Was that too much of an outlandish request?

"FOOD!" Ceres accidentally shouted, then she covered her mouth quickly apologizing. "F-Food....brings people together right? And Makes them happy? I want something that can help others please Mister uhm..." Ceres you gotta say his name, now or never - don't hesitate!  "Mr Father Wuowon sir, if that's ok with you."

Nailed it!

@Father Wuotan

NIGHT had to admit -- she wasn't expecting the NPC to show up all of a sudden. She hesitated to turn, taking another bite from what was left of their cake (it could only be described as a dark purple mess, by now), before giving Wuotan a glance when the man addressed her, returning to him a curt nod. The woman returned to her quiet stupor, only to have Ceres meet her gaze halfway.

How... should I put this?

She put a finger to her lips and gave her a wink, before picking up another bit of cake from the pile, popping it right into her mouth again. Delicious.

"What...do I want?"

It took the red head a good bit to decide -- fumbling and fidgeting with her hands, muttering, before she looked up back at Father Wuotan, with a request for something that can aid others, spreading joy and unity to the others. NIGHT found herself nodding, humming thoughtfully as she chewed on the chopsticks in her mouth. She couldn't help but admit that it was pretty noble.

Then her friend barked out for food, and the player let out a snort and a hiss of laughter. "Sorry-- t-that just caught me off guard-- I didn't expect you to yell that out loud." Also, it's Wuotan, but I think the man can correct that himself.

@Father Wuotan

A boisterous chuckle escaped Father Wuotan's lips as Ceres made her request. It was an unorthodox one, certainly, but he could not fault the young woman for her spirit. Life was short, and to let it pass by without stopping to enjoy the simple pleasures it offered was often the folly of people her age. Despite the seemingly impulsive outburst, her request carried more wisdom than she likely realized.

"Very well, young child. I believe this shall suffice," he chirped as he allowed his fingers to trail wistfully through the air in a circular pattern. After a moment, a plate full of succulent, warm food began to materialize, being caught in his palm before lowered to Ceres. "There is plenty here for you and all of your friends. You may only be able to enjoy it once, but I'm confident that whoever shares it with you will walk away with memories to last a lifetime."

He turned his attention briefly to NIGHT, giving her a small wink. "It's okay if you do not yet know what you desire. Think upon it, and we will cross paths again soon. Of this, I am sure."

"For now, it is time for me to take my leave. There are others that require my guidance this season. Should you ever need to see me again, know that you can always find my essence within each of you."

He turned, began taking steps, and before long had vanished into the ivory screen of fog that persisted this time of year, leaving the two girls alone to ruminate on the encounter.

Spoiler

Ceres receives the following:
Perfect Feast
ACC/ACC/EVA

Ceres's cheeks reddened and puffed out into a pout. Her thin eyebrows furrowed in a mixture of frustration and embarrassment as both Father Wuotan and NIGHT seemed to take great amusement in her outburst. "I don't think its that funny..." She mumbled with her puffed cheeks. "You're both wonky snowmen!" She said, trying to remain angry, but the insanely unusual insult ended up making her laugh, then snort. "S-sorry... I can't stay mad."

A large plate of food began to materialze, not just any food but an assortment of tiny cupcakes surrounding a large three tiered cake in the centre. it was covered in cherries. "AH!" Ceres exclaimed as she was given it. "Wow! This could feed a small army!" She exclaimed. "Thanks Christmas man!~" she said with a smile and a wave as he turned to leave.

Well...

That was quite literally unexpected. Ceres turned back to NIGHT. "So that giant cake feast thing? Yeh its got two accuracy and one evasion. That's good right?" She asked NIGHT as she leaned back in her chair. "Wow...what a day...I'm really glad I Got to spend the time with you. But it's getting late right?"

@NIGHT

Wonky snowmen?

NIGHT tried to hold back another giggle, watching Wuotan motion with his hands. Like magic, the food manifested itself from thin air, and with a swift motion the man handed it over to her friend, a smile on his face, and prose for well wishes on his lips. Then, he gave the adventurer a wink, to which NIGHT returned a questioning grin to, before announcing his leave.

One quick turn around, and he slipped back into the icy fog, to which the woman in dark sighed, letting go of a breath she was holding onto, and sliding around her seat to face her friend once again.

Well, that was somewhat terrifying...

She looked over to her friend's new food item, tilting her head. "Accuracy and Evasion's always good. Especially if you're looking to make friends with combat-motivated players, I guess."

A chuckle and a nod, as she watched Ceres lean backwards carefully. "I'm glad we got to spend time together, too! But-- you're right." NIGHT picked up the last bit of cake from the countertop and stuffing it in her mouth. The crumbs and paper base began to scatter in a myriad of lights, and the woman slid herself off her stool. "We should get going."

"I wouldn't want you to miss curfew or anything," she added, jesting with a smirk. "C'mon, let's walk back together."

A scatter of mishandled col onto the shop's counter, and NIGHT followed along behind Ceres, a warm smile on her face. Tonight, she thought, was a good night, and it made all the difference to her.

- - -

Thread Summary

[Total]
NIGHT
+ 1SP
+ 200col

Ceres
+ 1SP
+ 200col
+ Perfect Feast -- ACC | ACC | EVA

Spoiler

[Thread Progression]