[PP-F02] A different kind of return «Return of the Queen»

Small AoE attack... that probably should've been the smart thing to do. However, in this particular moment, Ariel didn't act like a smart person.

She instinctively charged in and used her most powerful AoE sword art. Screw energy efficiency, right? It didn't almost cost her life, just a short while back on a much higher floor? She filed that though for a later date as her black spear cut through the queen's hide as it attempted to evade her 3m long spear. "I don't think so!" she said, annoyance visible on her features, as she dashed next to the rest, like a lion to protect her cubs. Now in between the remaining mobs as well, she continued her swing and cut through two minions that instantly exploded in pixels; missing the last one.

With some of the pressure off them, she glanced at their HP bars and sighted, feeling slightly embarrassed. They were all still pretty green, so far only NIGHT took any damage. "You'll be just fine." she muttered, trying to reassure the party.

Spoiler

[1, 0] NIGHT | HP: 420/620 | EN: 42/62 | ACC: 3 | DMG: 15 | EVA: 3 | PARALYZE: 2 | KEEN: 1
[0, 0] Mari | HP: 839/839 | EN: 90/92 | ACC: 1 | DMG: 11 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 25 
[2, 1] Cordelia | HP: 640/640 | EN: 26/64 | ACC: 3 | DMG: 13 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 5 | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 KEEN | 4 HLY
[1, 0] Ariel | HP: 1370/1370 | EN: 91/134 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 88 | 2 HB | 1 KEEN | 2 FLN

ID# 134015  BD: 8 (4+4, KEEN proc.)
Weeping Moon - x9(19+5) =216 -75 = 141 DMG @The Queen

ID# 134016  BD: 4 (4+4, KEEN proc.)
Weeping Moon - x9(19+5) =216 -25 = 191 DMG @Bee Minion #1 DEAD

ID# 134017  BD: 1 (Miss!)  MD: 1 (4-3, Miss!)

ID# 134018  BD: 9 (Crit)
Weeping Moon - x9(19+1+5) =225 -25 = 200 DMG @Bee Minion #3 DEAD

The Queen | HP: 245/500 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 75 | IMMUNE: BLEED, STUN, PARALYZE
Bee Minion #2 | HP: 123/250 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

One moment the queen was right in front of her. And the next...

"Sh*t--!"

It'd went behind her too swiftly for her form to keep up with, striking her in the back with its stinger. NIGHT felt the pang of pain, right in the middle of her back, a tingling buzz causing her to jitter in place for a moment. Up her spine and through her arms; the jolt made her hair raise even upon her head, and when she tried to move, she couldn't.

Brilliant. Another taste of my own medicine.

All she could do as thanks for her offered defendant was an exhale through gritted teeth, as she watched the party swarm the enemy line, taking down two of the queen's minions together.

@Mari

> NIGHT is paralyzed! She can't move!

The Queen | HP: 245/500 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 75 | IMMUNE: BLEED, STUN, PARALYZE
Bee Minion #2 | HP: 123/250 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25

[1, 0] NIGHT | HP: 396/620 (-24) | EN: 43/62 (+1) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 15 | EVA: 3 | PARALYZE: 2 | KEEN: 1 | BLEEDING: 1
[0, 0] Mari | HP: 839/839 | EN: 90/92 | ACC: 1 | DMG: 11 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 25 
[2, 1] Cordelia | HP: 640/640 | EN: 26/64 | ACC: 3 | DMG: 13 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 5 | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 KEEN | 4 HLY
[1, 0] Ariel | HP: 1370/1370 | EN: 91/134 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 88 | 2 HB | 1 KEEN | 2 FLN

Edited by NIGHT

Mari glanced at Night; her body shaking slightly from being paralyzed. "You shouldn't feel too down on yourself." Mari said to her, in an attempt to make Night feel better. "You were targeted because you excelled in the battle you were deemed the biggest threat. Take pride in that. Use this time to rest."  Mari placed a hand on Nights shoulder. "Sides I'm a stubborn B**tch. I said you won't die, and you won't - I'm your shield in this fight. Even after you're back on your feet."

Mari tried to offer Night a smile, but she wasn't sure how it looked to the other woman. Mari...wasn't good at the whole emotional talks thing. She turned her attention to the Bee Queen, it still had a single mob left - but with another AoE the mob and the Queen Bee would be attacked.

Mari turned to Ariel and Cordellia; "I"m goin' for the queen again."

Mari didn't want to leave Nights side for too long, she flipped her dagger to hold it in a reverse grip as she this time used a running jump, reaching out with her free hand Mari managed to grasp onto the Queens Stinger. "Ha!" She tore through the flesh of it abdomen, using the momentum of her strike to spin her body into a cyclone, striking again and again until the Queen shook her off. The Queen tried to strike Mari but missed.

Mari curled her body into a tumble and rolled back to Nights side. "Phew...Finally..." She muttered. "It's about damn time I hit something."

*note: Anything attacking NIGHT will instead hit Mari, Mari protecc!*

@Cordelia

Mari LV 46 | 661HP |  77/92 Energy
DMG 11 | EVA 3 | MIT 25 | ACC 1
 Eternal Cyclone  11*13=143-75=68
ID: 134092  BD: 7+1=8 HIT

THE QUEEN | HP: 177/500  | DMG: 200 | MIT: 75 | IMMUNE: BLEED, STUN, PARALYZE
ID:134093    MOB: 7-3=MISS

Edited by Mari

Cordelia sighed and shook her head as she went after the final bee. That thing needed to frekin' die already.

She dashed after the last remaining minion, avoiding the battle that was already happening with Mari and the queen,  it wouldn't matter anyway. Ariel could probably finish that thing off by the time she had killed this last bee anyway. 

She jumped into the air after the bee, her katana whizzed forwards as she sliced at the big ball of yellow and black with wings, creating thin but deep cuts along its body before she raised her katana over head, slamming the blade down on the insect's back, hurtling it towards the ground. The bee slammed into the earth, tracking up a bit of dust and dirt just before it exploded into shards of blue.

Cordelia fell back on to the ground and sighed. God damn, did she hate insects.

Spoiler

ID: 134220
BD: 6, Hit | 13x15=195-25= 170 123-170= 0 HP

The Queen | HP: 177/500 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 75 | IMMUNE: BLEED, STUN, PARALYZE
Bee Minion #2 | HP: 0/250 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25

[1] NIGHT | HP: 396/620 | EN: 43/62 | ACC: 3 | DMG: 15 | EVA: 3 | PARALYZE: 2 | KEEN: 1 | BLEEDING: 1
[0] Mari | HP: 839/839 | EN: 90/92 | ACC: 1 | DMG: 11 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 25 
[2] Cordelia | HP: 640/640 | EN: 12/64 | ACC: 3 | DMG: 13 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 5 | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 KEEN | 4 HLY
[1] Ariel | HP: 1370/1370 | EN: 91/134 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 88 | 2 HB | 1 KEEN | 2 FLN

A little reluctant, the two handed spear user lunged forwards as they now had only one target in sights. The queen had taken considerable damage and was starting to stagger through the air. With a quick glance behind and a small smile seeing all their hp in the green: "I got her!" she claimed before she dashed forwards to finish the queen. As she got within striking range she was pleased to see dark flames glittering around her spear. Six rapid stabs pierced through her thorax, abdomen and wings, grounding the queen bee with little mobility left. With a small sadistic smile, Ariel ended her foe's life with a powerful finishing thrust through its small head. Within the dead pixelated animation she turned around and while twirling her spear, got close to the rest, satisfied with her kill. She held a item in her hand with a puzzled and somewhat unpleasant look on her face. "That takes care of the bees for now! How's @NIGHT doing?"

Spoiler

NIGHT | HP: 396/620 | EN: 43/62 | ACC: 3 | DMG: 15 | EVA: 3 | PARALYZE: 2 | KEEN: 1 | BLEEDING: 1
Mari | HP: 839/839 | EN: 90/92 | ACC: 1 | DMG: 11 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 25 
[Cordelia | HP: 640/640 | EN: 12/64 | ACC: 3 | DMG: 13 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 5 | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 KEEN | 4 HLY
Ariel | HP: 1370/1370 | EN: 81/134 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 88 | 2 HB | 1 KEEN | 2 FLN

ID# 134428  BD: 10 (7+4+1, FLN proc.)
Vent Forth - x10(19+8) =270 -75 = 195 DMG @The Queen DEAD

The Queen | HP: 177/500 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 75 | IMMUNE: BLEED, STUN, PARALYZE
[Last Hit Reward] Matriarch’s Holy Stinger (Consumable):[Unique Item: Grants the Wielder double the Bleed Damage for one thread]

With the last of The Queen's health taken out, NIGHT felt the system's grip on her loosen, and she stumbled as her equipment found weight on her form again. Careful not to hit her defendant, she returned her sword to its sheathe with a brandish, heaving a sigh. "I'm fine," she called out, running her hand through her hair in irritation. "You guys did great. Good job." I'm sorry I couldn't help out more.

The woman glanced over to Mari, brows furrowed. She couldn't help but feel touched at the player's offers of defense, but the encouraging talk and comforting touch just felt mismatched with NIGHT's pre-existing perception of her. What was she now -- A killer with a moral code? Did she mean anything by her words? What was her game? All she felt was right to do was nod to her, folding her arms, releasing any exasperations about being defended. “Thanks for protecting me. You really didn’t have to do that, though.”

@Mari

Edited by NIGHT

Mari relaxed her stance as the Queen was defeated. Good. There weren't any enemies around anymore. There was a shuffle of material from behind her, Mari turned to NIGHT, blue eyes travelling over the other girls form, seeing if she was hurt. She looked fine, relieved. That was until she stared up at Mari. A perplexed look furrowed an otherwise soft face. Right... Of course she'd be confused. Mari's reputation did indeed precede her. "I did." Mari said to NIGHT as she lifted up her jumper and slipped the dagger back on the hem of her denim shorts. "I've...seen a lot of death, people dying because others were too busy trying to land the last hit. People fighting with each other. Even  by my own hand. I don't want to see that anymore."  Mari crouched down so she was eye level with NIGHT. Her hand found the other womans shoulder and gave it a slight squeeze. 

"You all have people waiting for you out there. You can't die here. I'm not suicidal, but if I can throw myself in harms way to protect others from that same fate. I'll do so." Mari didn't offer NIGHT a reassuring smile, it would have been forced. Instead all she did was offer a slight squeeze before letting go and standing again.

Ariel approached the group with a strange look on her face as she held the item that had been dropped by the queen. Ah...that's right, it was meant to help with bleed damage right? Mari cleared her throat. "H-Hey, Ariel?"  Damn it. It was hard to talk to her. "My weapon specializes in bleed damage, I was wondering if you'd wish to trade or sell me that drop?" If Ariel wanted to keep it Mari would understand completely.

"If not I understand, and I'd best take my leave."

There was a pause.

Should she say something, 'good job team'  or a thanks for letting me join! Various phrases drifted in and out of her head but none seemed to suit. Instead of saying something Mari deemed unimportant, she just kept quiet.

@Cordelia @NIGHT @Ariel - The Crowned Lion

The blonde had sent her weapon back to the inventory, that spear was a little too much for her to have on herself, literally because of its sheer size and figuratively speaking. Until she'd find the will to again unite players below the crowned lion baner, she would use it only when necessary. Combing her hair with her now free hand, she watched the exchange between the two until Mari adressed her. Her brows furrowed as she took a moment to think about it and read the item description again, then with a jovial smile she tossed the potion at her. "Sure, you can have it, you worked for it as much as the rest of us. I work with fallen damage, it suits me better." she added with a sheepish smile, happy with her next wordplay. "Nice work everyone, that's one more less queen to deal with. We can mark this quest up as done now." She looked around them, making full use of her searching skill to see if they haven't missed anything

ID# 134535  LD: 4+5  No <<Treasure Chest>>

Cordelia rubbed her elbows as she look towards the sky.

She didn't really feel like she fitted in this group. Maybe it was because she had gotten off on the wrong foot with two of them, but she wasn't sure. She sighed, and rubbed the side of her cheek. Maybe she should just leave while she had the chance.

She looked to each player among her and sighed. Yeah, they could do whatever the hell they wanted after this, she didn't really care.

"Alright, I guess I should be off then, too," she mumbled, sheathing her katana before she brushed off her lap. "It's been good seeing you guys. . .and meeting you," she sighed, nodding her head to Ariel before she shrugged her shoulders. "See you later, I guess," she sniffed, turning the other direction and giving the three a backhand wave, Pacco soaring down from God knows where and on to her shoulder just as she brought her hand back down.

-Cordelia leaves the thread

NIGHT scoffed at her words, giving Mari a wry smile. "You talk like you're so certain no one out there would miss you. None of us should be falling whenever possible."

She watched as her party began to split up, Cordelia heading on her own way (as per usual) and Ariel scanning their locale in case there was additional information to be gained from the quest. With the PK-er taking her time to approach the veteran, she gave the two a holler, likely gone unnoticed, and a wave. "Thanks for the run!"

What was more important than leaving was getting her familiar back. She watched Nyanko scurry over to her through the grass from Kimba's grasp, wondering how well her kitten had fared in the other cat's care. A quick scoop of the black baby and she slunk him into her bag once again, giving him a few strokes down his back. A squeaky mew. That was enough to tell her that he'd be okay.

Right. Now, NIGHT sighed, turning her back on the duo as she headed towards town, fingers pulling up her mail interface. Back to business...

> NIGHT has left the thread.

@Mari @Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Edited by NIGHT

Mari had to admit...she wasn't expecting Ariel to so readily and willingly hand over the item. She tried to catch the potion as it was tossed to her, almost fumbled and dropped it but managed to catch it on the second attempt before it hit the floor. Phew That...was a close one. She had almost lost it seconds after obtaining it. Mari held it tightly in her hand. The significance of the gesture weighed heavily with Mari. It probably meant more than Ariel knew. "Thanks." It was all that Mari could say. She wasn't very good with words when the time called for it.

She turned her blue eyes back to NIGHT; who seemed to scoff at the suggestion that no one would miss Mari. Mari...wanted to believe that sentiment, she just didn't think she could just yet. "You're right, NIGHT." Mari said to the woman as she picked up her pet ...kitten? And left. 

Come to think of it...Cordellia had left too. Mari's blue eyes scanned the area and she felt a pang of guilt when she realized she hadn't said goodbye. Now, it was just her and Ariel. Well... sh*t. This was awkward. 

Mari rubbed the back of her neck,
"I ah...let me know if you need anything. Okay?" She offered. "Thanks again." Mari said as she awkwardly waved goodbye to Ariel and her pet lion. That was another quest she could cross off the list at least.

-Mari leaves the thread-

@Ariel - The Crowned Lion

The blonde had watch their little rag tag lot split, everyone going their way. She waved them goodbye then her eyes trailed on Mari's back, she was still a little bewildered by the change in her but accepted it as Ariel experienced something similar herself not too long ago. She turned to Kimba which looked satisfied after recruiting another little member to her pack. "Didn't she say she wanted to restock on supplies?" came a mumble from the blonde, Kimba tilting her head at her companion, sensing her gaze on her. Maybe she had forgotten in the heat of battle so after patting the lioness, Ariel followed Mari: "Don't mention it, I'm sure we'll be seeing each other again sooner or later. For now, you said before that you looked to restock on supplies from one of the settlements. Let's go shopping!" she added as she caught up, letting out a hearty laugh.

Thread End

Rewards: 

1. 1+2 = 3 SP (each)
  2. (3000+400)/4 = 850 Col (each)
  3. Queen’s Honey: [Perfect Potion: +3 Damage for one thread] (each)
  4. Matriarch’s Holy Stinger (Consumable):[Unique Item: Grants the Wielder double the Bleed Damage for one thread] (Mari)