[PP - NYL - F11] M O R E T I T L E

Gladio took a seat at one of the many benches that were around the festival, for the most part he tried to socialize and speak with other people... but it seemed that he lost his ability to connect with many people. However it did not mean he didn't enjoy himself from celebrating what he could in the event, he participated in things that he could do, sure not very successfully but he enjoyed it none the less. Placing his hot cocoa next to him he leaned back in his seat and placed his finger on his chin thinking about his next move after the event would be over. "Maybe I can go out and actually complete these quests... or maybe I can finally get myself a familiar... I dunno." he sighed again then picked up his drink, and drank it some more. He just really needed to figure out how to go about this now.

@Cordelia

Cordelia sighed a very, very, very loud sgh.

This Christmas event was. . . eh. She wasn't saying that it was terrible, but it could be better. There wasn't a big bad event boss this time, either, which set it off from the past few events that have been happening as of late. There wasn't really a central gathering place that everyone hung out in either, and most people just split off into their respective friend groups.

But not this girl!

Heh. . . yeah. She can have fun by herself. Totally.

She's going to die alone, my dude.

A familiar figure caught her attention from the corner of her eye. "Gladiator?" She echoed, furrowing her brows as she approached him. "Why are you sitting. . . alone," she asked, immediately deadpanning right after. She sounded like a freaking hypocrite.

But hey, at least she found another person who was freaking alone on Christmas.

Not-alone buddies, anyone?

After a bit of thinking it was broken by a familiar voice that had approached him, it was Cordelia. With a slight smile he shook his head and said out to her "Oh.. me? I guess you could say I have a bit of problems making new friends I suppose." he chuckled a little bit. He then leaned forward in his seat "In reality, I've had something tragic happen to my family and during these holidays I like thinking about them, wishing they were still here." he shook his head "I may be tough and from the military but this steel outside has a heart." he then looked down to the ground then back up to her crossing his arms "But hey, I don't see you hanging out with anyone. So why are you walking alone hmm?" he let out a small hum poking fun at the female. He scooted over and said out "You are more than welcome to join me if you'd like." offering to her.

@Cordelia

"That's a huge mood," she muttered under her breath before chuckling along with him. 

"Ah, I see," she murmured, her smile faltering. How the hell was she supposed to react to that? "Er. . . my condolences," she mumbled, offering him a genuine smile before she chuckled nervously. She rubbed the back of her neck and sweat dropped. "Well, I was planning to hang out with a certain someone," she mumbled, coughing into her arm before continuing. "But I figured I would give an hour or so before I would go find him. I still have the whole night so I'm not in much of a rush," she explained, smiling at him before taking a seat next to him.

"Thanks," she murmured, clasping her hands together. 

"So. . ." Cordelia sniffed, scratching at her cheek. "Anything interesting happening as of late?" She asked, tilting her head. "SAO can't be that boring. . . I think, anyway."

Gladio just chuckled at the mood comment, it was an emotion he didn't quite understand from these young ones. After a moment he shared his tale to share then shaking his head in response "Ah, do not worry about it, they are in a better place now. It's just I am having a hard time getting over it is all." he then took another drink from his hot cocoa listening to what she had to say. Swallowing his drink then looking back he chuckled and said "Ah, well I appreciate the sentiment. However do not keep me preventing you from seeing that special someone in your life. Especially on a day like this." he chuckled. Then letting out a sigh he said to her "Ah just the same ole same ole, killing mobs gaining higher numbers. You know how it is." he then finished his drink before asking out to her "How about you? Fought anything dangerous, explored a dangerous area?"

Cordelia shook her head and laughed nervous very nervous laugh. “R-right. . . don’t worry about it, though. I’m sure he’s still around,” she sniffed, looking around for a few seconds before she turned back to him. 

“Yeah, I can feel that,” she sighed, rubbing the bridge of her nose. “I’ve seriously burnt myself out this last month, good God. Im catching up with a few friends of mine, so that’s always good.”

Cordelia rubbed her cheeks as she thought about it. “. . . Not really. Well, I’ve gone against a few hard quest bosses but none of them a very mention worthy,” Cordelia chuckled, clasping her hands together in front of her. “Most exciting thing was probably going up to floor nineteen and fighting Ki’Raion, but that’s really it. Other than that I’ve just been helping a few newbies on the lower leveled quests,” she sniffed, smiling to herself.

• 2 weeks later...

Gladio had just leaned back in his seat then said to her "If you believe that he is, then I suppose I'll bother you for a bit." he chuckled for a second. He looked at her once she went on about being burnt out on it, he laughed and said "Don't get me wrong, fighting them never gets old especially when you get to a point where they can't even hurt you. It's just doing it every day does get tiring once you don't have a challenge. I should probably get to these quests to get that challenge I have been wanting." then looking over she had mentioned something on the "Ki'Raion" boss, then he thought for a minute "Hm... if it gave her a bit of trouble, then maybe that is a boss that might be worth my time..." then breaking back into reality with a slight smile he said looking at her "How nice of you, I am sure the low level players appreciate you offering them your help considering the world that we are in currently."'

@Cordelia

"Yeah. . . there were a few challenges here and there but most of the time I've had someone back me up on them,"  she sighed, shaking her head to herself. "That would be a great idea! I'm sure there's a bunch of good ones on the higher floor that would be perfect for that," she suggested.

"They were more hesitant than anything," Cordelia mumbled, deadpanning. "I guess I would be if I was taken to a boss that could one-shot me too," she chuckled. "Though it was just really convenient, most of the time. I skipped out on most of the lower leveled quests and I've just been doing them for the extra experience because heck, those quests offer a whole lot of it. I just happened to stumble on them while I was doing, that's really it," she shrugged. She really would've liked to think that she was going out of her way and helping the lower-levels but it really was just dumb luck that she happened to stumble upon them.

It was truly amazing the amount of work the Father was able to get done simply by wandering the streets. Honorbound as he was to grant holiday wishes to the mortals around him, he'd quickly found that the most efficient way to get it done was to simply wander around and throw bits and baubles at people as he was approached. Though this tactic was not without its pitfalls. Occasionally, he would get so bogged down with wish-granting that he would simply lose focus on those who truly needed his presence. Thus was he drawn to Gladiator. He had already visited his companion, but had not yet had the pleasure of making his acquaintance. Father Wuotan gave the man a soft smile in greeting and gave Cordelia a small wave of recognition. "Greetings young Gladiator. It seems that I have not yet heard your holiday wish. State it plain for me so that I may grant it if it is within my power."

Crossing his arms, he looked over to Cordelia and let out a chuckle then said "Well even still, they should be grateful of you basically giving them a chance to actually fight. God who knows how many low leveled players just die because they get a sword in their hand and immediately think they are invincible." he then shook his head knowing at one point he had thought the same thing too, however he has quickly learned from his ignorant ways. After a moment of talking he looked over letting out a "Hm?" as a figure walked up to the two asking him for a holiday wish but calling him "Young". He shook his head with a chuckle, by no means was he young by any means however he wasn't going to tick this old man off. He looked at him then said "You must be the Wuotan person I have heard many people talking about, all I want for the holidays is to improve my stats in a very good way. My equipment has been lacking as of late and could really use something to help out. Think you can help me grant that wish?" he asked out to him.

@Father Wuotan @Cordelia

"Yeah," she mumbled, scratching her elbow as she heaved a small sigh. Sometimes, people aren't the smartest. . . that's a lot of the times, actually.

A familiar figure soon entered her gaze. Ah, Father Wonton was here! Wait, was it Wonton? Wuton? Futon? Damn, it something like that. Nevertheless, Cordelia smiled softly and gave him a wave back.Cordelia looked back to Gladiator and clasped her hands in front of her. She was excited to know what he would get! It might be what she had gotten from the man, or it could be an entirely new piece of gear. She shrugged her shoulders, she would just need to find out, huh?

Her voucher was pretty cool. She didn't think that she would get something that good of an item, but it worked. 

"I hope you get something good, Gladio!" She said excitedly. It was honestly more exciting other people getting their gifts than it was to get hers!

Laughter lines spread from the corners of the man's eyes as he smiled. "You've heard people speak of me?" he questioned, clearly amused by the concept. "Well, I know I'm always flattered to learn that my reputation has preceded me." His jovial smile flattened into something of a smirk as he stated, "I certainly hope they were good things being said."

He rolled his shoulders, then reached deep into his cloak. "I suppose you would like to move on to the important part," he stated, cutting a glance toward Gladiator. "I can't say as I blame you. It is a very nice gift that I have for you." Slowly, and with a bit of additional flair, Father Wuotan drew forth a massive sword from the swirling fabric. The physics of the act were questionable, but when the guy was handing out free stuff, who was going to complain?

"Your sword," he announced, offering the two handed straight sword to Gladiator. "I believe it has some significance to you? Use it wisely, and cherish it. You will rarely miss your mark."

The bearded man tossed Cordelia an easy smile, then said to both players, "Enjoy the holidays." A moment later, he was gone.

Spoiler

Gladiator receives the following:
Perfect 2HSS: Absolute ACC / ACC / ACC

(Name, description, and flavor text may be added as you deem fit. Please link back to this post for your records.)

Gladio had looked over to Cordelia and nodded with a smile, then looked back to Wuotan. He nodded his head and said "Well, it's hard to not have a name for yourself when you hand out items that are extremely helpful to people and their builds specifically." then crossing his arms he stopped talking when he agreed to cut to the chase. Looking down at the blade he pulled out, he was a little bit in disbelief at the blade he had received, he took it out of his hands then looked at the sword up and down. Then he looked back up to him with a half smile then with the blade in both his hands he bowed in front of him and said "Thank you, hope to see you again in the future." then as he walked away he turned his body to face Cordelia's then sheathing his newly acquired sword he had said to her "Well, seem's like I have to fix my own stats to fit this newly acquired blade."

@Cordelia

She clapped her hands together and nodded. "It's a pretty good weapon, by the looks of it," she said excitedly. "I'm sure it won't be hard. Just get yourself a familiar and you'll be all good to go again!" She said with a thumbs up. That's really how it was with her and Pacco. He solved all of the problems she had with accuracy, maybe that's how it'll be with Gladiator and his possible future familiar.

She clapped her hands together a single time and grinned, again. "It sounds like a pretty good weapon from the way the old man absolutely bestowed it upon you, so I can't wait for you to use it in action!" She chimed excitedly, her eyes forming metaphorical stars as she looked at the sword like a child would a toy. "We should try it out sometime," she said definitely, nodding her head to herself. 

It was always fun for her to watch people try out their new weapons, especially ones with unique enhancements.