[GRANDMASTER MERCHANT F01] Best Kept Secrets

Ronnel blinked once, then twice, looking down at his own hand then back up at Ceres. And he thought that he'd spoken quickly - this girl was like a small whirlwind as she moved quickly. He held up the spyglass for a moment, looking between it and her, then lowered it back down. It had taken him a few moments to process everything that she'd spouted off quickly, and as he did he spun the spyglass around and set it back on the counter between them. He held up one long finger, chuckling.

"Right - so I was asking, there, just to try prompting if you had anything that suited the situation at hand - like this." He tapped the spyglass with one finger. "It's almost exactly what I'm needing - buuuut. I'd feel terrible about just buying this and leaving you high and dry when you're trying to find your own little partner." The man rubbed the back of his head as he contemplated. He did want to find himself a partner - something that could help him in his own searches or when he started his crafting would help him out a lot. But at the same time, if she was having trouble finding someone to help her with the quest he'd feel bad about taking something like this from her. 

Finally he nodded and began flicking through his menus, looking at how much he had on hand. Enough to cover the cost, just barely. That was fine. "So - Miss Ceres. How about an offer, since I do kinda need this - I've focused not enough on my own sustainability in terms of searches. How about I join you, if you don't mind? I'm a spear-user and a bit defensive at the moment." 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ceres listened patiently to his proposal, ever the gracious and kind smile upon her face. He seemed nice enough, if not a little lost and confused - wow, he really was like a big puppy.

"Sure thing puppy!" Ceres said with a smile. "It's a date!" Of course, Ceres' idea of 'date' and the normal idea of 'date' were two different things. She had no intention of actually asking the man whom she just met out - it was simply the way she had spoken. She did the very same thing when she met NIGHT. Ceres was cheerful, smart, and had an acute eye for detail - but when it came to social interactions, she...was not the sharpest tool in the shed.

"Here you go!" She tapped him lightly on the head with it. "I'll help you find your friend later too!" Ceres tilted her head and laughed softly. "I think it'd be a lot of fun!" 

@Ronnel

Sent Banker 800 Col- Spyglass
Sent Ronnel Spyglass

Edited by Ceres

"That.. that nickname is never going to leave me, is it." Ronnel stared at her deadpan for a moment before he chuckled and shook his head. "Alright, thank you kindly." Ronnel popped the spyglass into his inventory and shook his head with a chuckle. The girl seemed a bit - well, she was direct that was for sure. Friendly though, if her immediate offer to help him with his own quest later was any indication. 

"Just go ahead and send me a message when you're starting the quest then Miss Ceres, I'll be sure to meet you for it. I'll at least be good for being some dumb muscle." He chuckled softly - he doubted the woman had actually meant to say 'date', that or she was meaning it in the far more platonic sense of the word. She seemed like a nice enough young lady, bright and cheery. "Alright well - until you send me a message, have a great day, and I'll see you later." He gave her a bow before leaving the shop, glancing at the new item in his inventory as he went. 

Now that Ronnel was gone, Ceres had to work on identifying the few items she had gotten from her recent trek into the first floor. It had been a resounding success. She now held 50 T1 materials, which always seemed to sell well - and even had some equipment to identify. Ceres grinned.

"Gosh I love doing this!" She exclaimed as she pulled out the unidentified objects. Two consumables...and a piece of armour. "Mmmm." She pursed her lips. Picking up one of the consumables. "Holy mother of llamas and alpacas!" She exclaimed. A rare overhealth potion? Was that good? .... That was good right? Yeh. That sounded good. Ceres neatly tied a ribbon to around it and placed it to the side.

"Let's see...and this one is...ugh...an antidote? Why even have this?" She mumbled as she haphazardly wrapped a ribbon around the second bottle.  "Well, I suppose It can just sit in my shop and gather dust."

------

1 X t1 Rare Consumable  |  #ID133221  | Post link
Identify Roll:  #ID133284 LD 20 - Overhealth Potion (+30 HP)

1 X 1 X t1 Rare Consumable  |  #ID133221  |  Post link
Identify Roll:  #ID133285 LD 1 - Antidode.

Sent 320 to Banker - Identification costs.

-------

Edited by Ceres

Now that those were out of the way, Ceres picked up the armour.  "Let's see.... ooh this is a nice piece of Heavy chest armour."

She pursed her lips. "Hmmm didn't Ronnel say he wanted armour? I'll send him a quick message to let him know."

To: @Ronnel
Ceres
Subject: Perfect Armour

Hey Puppy.
I picked up some perfect armour from a chest. It's been evaluated right now, but I thought it might be good for you. And it's an absolute bargain at only 700 Col! ;)  We could probably bump it down a tad if you want! But it cost me a lot to evaluate! >.<

Come and get it Puppy,
xoxo
Ceres.

As usual, Ceres had absolutely zero idea just how the nickname or words would be perceived. If NIGHT saw what she was saying the other woman would probably have a mild heart attack. Still..Ceres felt satisfied. She had not only managed to find a large supply of T1 materials, but she also managed to find some sweet loot too! Next up she'd have to focus on gaining some T2 materials, then T3 - for the frontliners. But her focus, Just like Oscar suggested - would be helping newer players. "Hmm...It's been a whilse since I've seen him....I hope he's doing ok."

---
1X T1 Perfect Armour: #ID133221 Post link
Slot 1 ID#133286  LD: 17 +1 Mitigation
Slot 2 ID#133287  LD: 12 +1 Heavy Momentum
Slot 3 ID#133288 LD: 12 +1 Heavy Momentum
-Sent 640 Col to banker

Edited by Ceres

Ronnel stared at the message blinking in his vision for a long few moments, one eyebrow twitching slightly. Rather, he was staring specifically at the final line. "Seriously. Puppy. Why." He rubbed his face before shrugging. "Fine, it's fine. Alright." 

To: Ceres
	Subject: RE: Perfect Armor

I should probably be concerned about the dogs you hang out with if you think I'm a puppy, but sure. I'll be in a little bit and we can settle on a price then. I'm not the kind to gyp you out of hard earned profit after all.

Regards,
	Ronnel

After sending the message off, the dark haired man started down the streets. The trip would take him a little time, since he hadn't actually been on the same floor. He headed to the town warp gate and braced himself. It wasn't something he'd heard any people talking about it, but for him any time he went through the teleport he ended up some vertigo for a few minutes afterwards. Still, trying to climb between the unlocked floors on foot would be suicidal at best for him right now. 

Fifteen minutes later, he opened the door to her shop, hearing the soft tingle above his head as he came in.  He glanced around, and saw that Ceres was sorting things in a menu, her head tilted downwards, just looking up at the sound of his entrance. "Ho there, Ceres." He gave her a cheery wave. 

@Ceres

Ceres gave Ronnel a warm smile accompanied by a wave as he entered the store. "Oh! Hello Puppy!" She said without skipping a beat, already used to her terrible nickname for him. "I just got your message, I didn't expect to see you here so quickly. You wanted to look at the armour, right? Give me a second..." Ceres shifted out from behind the counter and headed to the large closet to the side - normally it held items ready to junk but today - she was storing the armour inside of it.

Since if Ronnel didn't want it, she'd probably scrap it anyway.

"OOof!" Ceres heaved it onto the counter and wiped her forehead with the back of her hand. "There we are! What do you think?

@Ronnel

Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: +2 Heavy Momentum +1 MIT
Name: Tem Armour
Description: Shiny Heavy Armour - if you look really closely on the top of the left breastplate is the face of a small puppy
ID#133286

Ronnel ran his fingers across it, glancing between the armor and the description - and then he paused when he finished reading the basic description. The man felt his face go blank as he turned his gaze to the top corner and he slowly rubbed his face. "Why... why is there a puppy face..." He groaned out loud. "Miss Ceres, I'm not a dog, I promise." He rubbed his eyes and then gave her a wry smile. "It's fantastic, Ceres, thank you for thinking of me when you saw it." His fingers paused on the emblazoned face. "Even if the reason might be... more for your amusement than anything else. Alright, let's see here. You said 700, right?" This armor was close to exactly what he'd been looking for, and the benefit of Heavy Momentum - well. It was greather than he could have imagined. He pulled up his menus and sorted money over, transferring it to her. "There you are!"

"It has a puppy face because I thought it'd be funny! If you don't like it that's ok, I'm sure I'll come across some other armour items soon. I know you're not a dog. That's just silly." Ceres blinked when she noticed he had already transferred over the Col

"Oh... oh wait I Think you paid me the wrong amount, this is more than I asked for." Ceres said as she glanced at the Col Ronnel deposited into her account.

The man shrugged his broad shoulders and gave her a sheepish grin. "I like to help where I can. You've helped me, it's the least I can do."

Ceres shook her head, "Oh..gosh no I didn't really do much of anything. I'm just happy to help. Besides I made a promise to someone that I'd do my best to help out people who are just starting so uhm here I am!" She tugged on her hair as she glanced away. "I mean...its why my identification costs are fairly low...because I want it to be as friendly as possible to those starting out. It's also why I often offer discounts where I can."

Ceres waved Ronnel off as he left the store. "I'll see you again soon Puppy!"

-
Ronnel now owns Tem Armour

Edited by Ceres

"Ceres? Ceres--" NIGHT unwittingly barged into the shop, throwing open the door, but stopping it with her foot at the last second. A pause, as the woman checked to see if the door appeared alright. She shot her friend a sheepish grin and slowly, cautiously stepped inside, pretending as though nothing had occurred with her entrance.

The door closed behind her with a bang, though. It knew what she'd done. It would not forgive her for her crimes.

Wait, where was I, again? --Oh, right.

"S-sorry... --Uh, I actually need those materials you got the other day--" The artisan paused, thinking. "-- Like, like right now. Can you... Ugh, sorry. I don't..." A hand wave as she ruffled the back of her hair in a huff. "I don't mean to rip the spoils of your adventure right as soon as you got them but... It's kinda urgent. And I'm kind of excited to try-- but disregard that-- Um, I'll want about 15? H-How much do they cost again...?"

@Ceres

Ceres jumped, almost dropping the items she was about to identify as NIGHT came bursting in with quite the large amount of gusto. "O-Oh! Hi NIGHT! I just got back, I was gonna message you! How are you?" The other woman turned to look at the door as it slammed closed, then with a wish of midnight hair she turned back to Ceres. Apologizing and asking for materials. This is exactly what Ceres wanted, to help others. 

"Tier 1 materials are 50 Col Each so that'd be 750." Ceres said with a grin holding up a single finger, she held up her second finger. "Tier 2 are 100 Col each.So would be 1,500 Col... But because its you I'll give you a 20% discount!" Her grin faltered just slightly as she lowered her hand and grabbed her book. "Hang on I can't work that out in my head give me a moment...hmmm mmm...." 

She scrawled a few things on the paper. "Ok so that would be 600 col for 15 Tier one materials and...uhm..." Another few moments of scribbles. "And 1,200 for 15 Tier 2 Materials." She put down the quill and offered NIGHT a grin.

"Is that okay with you?"

@NIGHT

Edited by Ceres

The first thing on NIGHT's mind wasn't money -- in fact, it gave her a sinking feeling in her stomach from the mention of it. No, she was thinking about getting her craft done, and going through with a reasonable trade. With a hum, as Ceres pulled out her ledger, trying to work out the math, the artisan pulled open her col window, fishing out the full amount. "L-Look, I really appreciate the discounts, but I-I'm fine paying the full amount! Really!"

A pouch landed in her hands. NIGHT slid the money over onto the counter. "I mean it, by the way." There was a look of determination in her eyes, when her gaze met Ceres', as though the woman wasn't going to take no for an answer to this. It faded when she'd realized she hadn't stated which type of material she was after, the crafter back to her adrenaline-rushed thoughts, fumbling with her fingers. "Oh, r-right! I'll take Tier 2 materials, please; 15, as we agreed on!"

> Sending 1,500 col to Ceres.

@Ceres

"Here - " Ceres sent off the materials to her friend NIGHT. "I really don't mind giving a discount you know...you've helped me so much and..ah..." Her head tilted to the side as she looked upon NIGHT - she seemed...rushed? Concerned? Fidgety. 

"Is something the matter? Is there anything I can do for you?" Ceres asked as she shifted out from behind the counter so she didn't have anything between her and her friend. "You seem like you're in a rush so I won't keep you but...uhm..." Ceres pursed her lips. "Stay safe yeh? And if there is something bothering you, you'd tell me right?" Ceres asked as she folded her arms ocer her chest. "I'll be floating around here for a while anyway - I got things to identify, and want a rest before searching for more materials."

@NIGHT

Something on her mind?

NIGHT hid her smile behind a hand. "Uh, yeah-- I-I actually really like crafting. There's just something about making stuff with my own two hands that's satisfying, y-y'know?"

"Besides," she added, scratching at her cheek, "I-It's one of the few times I can take my mind off the game proper. There's... no rush with crafting. Just you and the art. It's meditative."

She'd neglected to tell her about the new order, and the weird vibes she was getting from her most -- no, two most recent customers. But the latest one had an issue more pressing than the other; there, at least she was capable of doing something she loved.

With the materials in hand, NIGHT bowed out of the shop, giving Ceres a quick wave. "Y-You stay safe too! And good luck with the identifications! And the gathering! And the--"

The door shoved her out the shop. Revenge had been enacted.

Koga walked into the store with both intent to buy and sell. He was in need of some supplies, and to free up some of his inventory space. As soon as the man walked in his mouth began to water as the scent of baked bread struck his nose, and only a moment later a woman, roughly his age with bright red hair appeared and greeted him. She offered wares and information alike. 'Cool, could always use another infobroker to come to.'
"...maybe even certain players."
Koga chuckled nervously and gave the woman a slightly concerned. "Yeah...remind me not to tell you any of my secrets." Koga approached the woman anyways and pulled a small number of items from his inventory. In his right hand, the man held some armor and a trinket of some sort. "Anyways, I was wondering if you could junk sell these for me," he said, holding the two items up. "And then identify this when you have the chance. No rush." The black-clad swordsman held up his left hand, in which sat some consumable whose origin was suspect at best. "And last but not least, could I get a T2 Blank Map?" As soon as the man had his answer, he sent over the Col he owed the woman.

Sent 430 Col to Ceres for Identification and T2 Blank Dungeon Map

Spoiler

Identify
Roll ID(s): 132060
Item Type: Consumable
Tier: 1
Quality: Rare
Flavour Text:

Junk Sale
>> Tier One Rare <<Unidentified Trinket>>
>> Tier One Rare <<Unidentified>> Armor

Ceres snorted as she laughed when the dark haired player asked her to remind him not to tell her his secrets. "So...If I conveniently forget to remind you it's fair game then?" She joked. Ceres picked up the sack of junked items.

"Let's see..Yup I can do that just give me a moment..." She shifted the sack to the side and began to work out the percentages. "Okie-Dokie that'd be 400 and you get 30% of that so...that is normally 120 Col but i like you so I'll bump that up to 150 Col~!" Ceres said with a grin as she transferred Koga the funds. 

"Right..Let's see Here is your T2 Blank Map~!" Ceres pulled out a roll of paper from under the glass counter and slid it over to him. It was neatly wrapped in a rose-red bow.

"Hmmm It looks like your consumable is a *Damage*  It'll be ready in just a moment."  Ceres said as she neatly wrapped a red ribbon around that, it was her trademark after all. "Is there anything else I can help you with today? Do tell me if you get anything interesting from the map! I love to hear those stories" Ceres gave him a wink.  "And I'll even promise to keep it a secret!"

@Koga

----
Identify
Roll ID(s): 132060  |   Item Type: Consumable | Tier: 1 |  Quality: Rare
Identification Roll:133588 - LD: 10 = ACC
+2 EVA

-Sent 100 Col to Koga
-Item sent to Koga once Approved.

Edited by Ceres

"Hmmm...." Ceres held up the items that were given to her to Junk. She'd paid Koga their share - but it seemed like such a waste to just get rid of the items without at least seeing what they were...right? And if anything, it was only going to cost her more money. Right? So what was the harm...

Ceres snorted as she held back a giggle, first picking up the trinket - it was a very flashy ring. When she turned it to and fro in the light it almost blinded her. "Mmm...Taunt? I suppose that'd be good for tanks, I guess?" She said as she placed it down. No doubt she'd actually junk the item later. Next up...was the armour. A Pauldron. Ceres polished it till it looked spick and span. It was Heavy Armour - but it was simple, elegant.

"Maybe you'd make someone happy." She said as she walked over to her closet and placed both items inside.

Tier One Rare <<Unidentified Trinket>>
ID#133681  LD:6  SLOT 1  +1 TAUNT |    ID# 133683  SLOT 2 +1 TAUNT

>> Tier One Rare <<Unidentified>> Armor
ID#133684  LD:1  SLOT 1  +1 REGEN |    ID# 133683 LD2  SLOT 2 +1 REGEN

--------
-640 Col sent to bank Identify costs
2x T1 Rare Equipment

Edited by Ceres

Oh? Looks like a new shop opened up right by the back alley. The boy had been wondering for a bit if his shoes were completed, but was distracted for this moment to check out this store instead. The sign barely gave Basuke any idea as to what was inside -- but it smelled like a bakery. Surely that was what it would be, right?

Unfortunately, he was wrong. It seemed like a general goods store, from the looks of it. No stranger to the concept, he began to wander in, looking at the available items on sale. Most of the items were for adventuring, rather than sustenance. He hummed, his eyes settling upon what looked to be a tiny telescope.

-- It looked amazing. Gold rims and trimmings on black, marble on it polished to a tea, he brought up its details with a few finger movements. So that's what it's for. Dungeons sounded like a good way to start leveling up in... though he'll have to gauge his own strength with time to do it.

"Hey, uhm..." Basuke looked down at the spyglass, pointing over to it. "T-this. This please. One? How much...?"

Ouch. It would wipe out all his savings. With a hum, he brought out his col window, creating an item pouch with the money in it. He could always get it back. The boy was used to this, after all.

@Ceres 

> Sending 1,000col to Ceres for Spyglass (1).

Edited by Basuke

Ceres was just about to identify some more items, since the new day had ticked over and she was able to tackle some of the ones she had in her storage. Instead...a dark haired youth came in. Wrinkling his nose at the smell - ahh yeh the smell. Ceres loved it. Although often she found herself hungry whilst working. Oops?

He spoke in a language she didn't understand but recognized. Ceres gave him a warm smile and greeted him with the only Korean word she knew; "Annyeong~" The redheaded woman immediately regretted it. Did she butcher the pronunciation? Was that too informal? Was there a formal and informal way of greeting? "Uhmmm ah....." She coughed. "1,000 Col and... oh you already sent it to me." She said.

"Thank you so much for coming." Ceres said before offering him a small bow of her head. "Next time I'll give you a small discount, yes?" Ceres said as she waved him off. 

Her business was doing quite well...at least she thought so. Not a day went by where she did not have a customer or something to identify, and wasn't that the definition of success?

"Oh--" The boy had a bright smile on his face when the shopkeeper had said hello. It was rough on the edges, sure, but he appreciated the effort nonetheless! "Bangapseubnida!*"

A chuckle, before accepting the spyglass from her possession. With the fluency the merchant spoke English, it was clear that she likely wasn't Korean either, so he spoke up to clarify. "It's okay! I can speak bit of English too." Basuke bowed back in turn, trying to be courteous. "Discount?" He tilted his head, erring for a moment before shaking his head. "No, is okay! I will be okay." His grin was sheepish but radiant, trying to put on a brave, confident act. "Thank you so much for the -- uh -- Spyglass!"

The boy strode over to the door, taking his leave with a wave to the shop keep. What a nice interaction he had today! Basuke could get used to it.

+ Spyglass (1)

* # nice to meet you! its pretty informal, and also im not a korean expert