NYL PP [F01] <<The First Few Lessons are Free>> (Beginner Quest)

It had taken LiZzie a few minutes to find what she was looking for - but she had. The place seemed like it was fairly well traveled, but no one was currently in at the moment aside from one man - who had the familiar quest icon floating over his head. LiZzie took in a deep breath and pushed into the shop. The man at the counter turned his head and his face lit up in a bright smile. LiZzie knew that the man was just another of Aincrad's NPCs, but whoever had programmed their AI interactions had done excellent work. 

"Why, hello there young woman! Are you another of the travellers come to our fair town?" LiZzie nodded. "Excellent! If you've the time, I could certainly use your help. I'm certain you won't be disappointed, and I can probably wrangle up an introduction or two for you to help you on your way too."

Edited by LiZzie

First floor, the total opposite from the frontlines where she belonged however Ariel often used to come here to entertain a certain Tailor NPC that kept sending her on errands. Today, she was to deliver some goods to Zackariah. Ariel's companion, a white lioness a little above knee hight, was the first to enter the shop. There she sniffed the air and got close to the brunette engaged in a dialogue with the old man. The blonde soon followed through the entrance and with a short "Ojamashimasu!" slightly bowed and waited for girl to finish accepting the quest. She took a moment to look at her equipment, her experienced tailor eyes widened as she saw the Vanity Armor. It wasn't that outlandish to see players with vanity armor but this girl seem not to have any piece of proper equipment. immersed in deep thought, the blonde didn't notice that she was intently staring at @LiZzie.

TL. Note: "Ojamashimasu!" - jap. greeting when entering someone's house. Literal translation: "“I will disturb you” or “I will get in your way.”

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

"Alright young lady. I need some herbs for a potion that I'm working on, and I'd appreciate it if you could gather them for me. When you get back, I'll show you a little bit of the potion-crafter's art in exchange." It was the literal definition of a L.A. Noire quest but it was what she needed. Right now, LiZzie had nothing to her name - she knew that there were NPCs in this town that were better equipped and stronger than she was. Everyone had to start somewhere. For her, that somewhere was right where she was standing.

LiZzie finishes accepting the quest, "Thank you kind sir, I shall be back later." She says to the old man, hoping he understands her accent. "Thank you!" The old man replies. LiZzie turns around only to come face to face to another player! "Uh, uh, hi? Can I help you?" She says nervously. "I-I'm LiZzie." She says to @Ariel - The Crowned Lion confidently.

Edited by LiZzie

"Hello!" said Ariel with a small wave. "Give me a sec." she added with one upturned finger as she turned towards the NPC. "I've got a delivery from Lady Diana!" with a couple of hand gestures over her HUD, she dropped a bag filled to the brim on top of Zachariah's counter. The old man simply replied "Thank her for her patronage on my behalf." then got bussy burriend himself into the bag. On the other hand, Ariel turned and now had her full focus on the brunette in front of her. "Hey @LiZzie, my name's Kayla Ariel D'Sole." she said, revealing part of her habit of presenting herself with her real name. "I'm just curious, do you have any proper gear except... that." she added, while pointing towards her vanity armor piece. She had a hunch and was determined to have it verified. Meanwhile, feeling ignored, the white lioness coiled around the blonde's legs so Ariel slightly crouched to pat her familiar. "Also this attention seeking furball is Kimba."

LiZzie smiles. "Nice to meet you." As she whips her hair in the air, it falls slowly into a nicer looking position. "Do you comeLiZzie smiles. "Nice to meet you." As she whips her hair in the air, it falls slowly into a nicer looking position. "Do you come here often? You look like you're from the higher floors." LiZzie appears Suspicious about Ariel. "Ugh." She sounds offended by the question of her gear. "Okay, you know not everybody is as rich as you, or any of the other people on the front lines. We work down here and barely get by. And I don't see any information about the newest floor boss yet." She quickly replies in defense "Hurh" she breathes in deeply then exhales. "I see your a Beast Tamer." She sounds a little sly. "That's cool." (Now to @Ariel - The Crowned Lion's familiar) "Hey, Kimba." *Pat* *Pat* "Who's a good girl? Kimba is!" (Now to Ariel) "So whats up?"

The brunette's inicial smile turned into a offended frown, Ariel should've expected that. She replied with a short nod when asked if she was from a higher floor. "Floor 22 has been my home for a while now..." she replied, deciding to leave it at that. She did her best to try and calm down her conversational partner. "I understand and apologize, I didn't mean it that way... " then she came with an idea. "How about I help you complete the quest from that old man NPC. I haven't done it since I kinda passed by these early quests. And if the reward isn't that great I can add a little extra too." she said with a smile. One of the first interactions since she emerged from her hermitage and she already seemed to offend someone-

"Beast Master....?" the term wasn't really alien to her but the blonde didn't really like to use it. Slightly tilting her head she added with a soft smile: " her companionship is irreplaceable to me... In can tell you how to find one yourself afterwards. What do you say? Friends?" she extended a hand, a sign of reconciliation. 

LiZzie, is shocked by the offer that she recieved from Ariel. A front liner, she thought. Why would someone from the front lines help people on the first floor? Not just that, but someone in The Town of Beginnings?? But why? Why now? People have been living here in fear, scraping up what little col they could. She finishes thinking about the offer, and replies. "That's very kind of you, but, I have a better idea." She begins. "All these people here have been living in fear, and I've been trying to tell them it's not so bad out there. How about you help me with the quest, and I get to tag along with you. And we can get some resources and items for the people on the lower floors. So they can help us clear this bloody hell hole." she says calmly. Shakes @Ariel - The Crowned Lion's hand "Friends." LiZzie and Ariel head off to gather the requested items.

The blonde (self)proclaimed sage would notice the change in Lizzie's expression, she involuntarily let out a small sigh of relief as a response. Her interest piqued by the prospective of a better idea and as she listened, Ariel was taken aback. "Getting resources for the lower floors, while a commendable thought, it will require a herculean effort to be successfully completed." she replied, her cynicism clearly expressed based on previous similar experiences. However, she had taken a interest in her altruistic goal and decided to lend a hand: "But it doesn't mean that It's not doable. I agree with those terms but before you start thinking of the rest, let's put you a state that allows you to help others." she added with a smile.

Next she would send a party invite to @LiZzie as they made way towards the area designed for her quest items gathering. "So what are we looking for?" Ariel asked, slightly tilting her head.

LiZzie smiles back at Ariel, and then she accepts the invite by pushing the "accept" button on the pop up. LiZzie, smiles and then says "Yeah. I agree with leveling up a bit first..." LiZzie ponders about this. How long? How long till that happens, till I'm at that state? How long will these poor people have to suffer without any hope of seeing their families again. What if I get put up at the front lines? I would've left them to die. They might kill themselves... But I can't think about that right now, on with the quest. "Uh, just some Tier 1 materials, that's all, so far.." she and @Ariel - The Crowned Lion travel outside of town to search for some materials for the quest given by the Old Man. While traveling the come across some monsters, they look over, towards the party. The Pig like creature and the K-9, state at them..

She pulls out her sword.

Stats:

Spoiler

Level: 4

HP: 80/80

EN: 8

DMG: 4

LD: +1

+1 Stealth Detection

+2 Accuracy

SP USED 5/5

Skills
Non-combat:
»

Passive:
»

►Searching
1 Rank
Passive
Effect: +1 LD per rank. +1 to Stealth Detection per rank.
Description: Increases your perception, making it easier to find treasure, detect hidden creatures, and increases your chance of obtaining better loot from monsters.

Combat:
»

Weapon skills:
» 

Sword Arts:

1H Sword:

Inventory
Weapons/Tools:

1h perfect Galas[T1]+2 Damage +1 accuracy

1H Perfect The Dark Striker [Tier 1]+1 Damage +1 Accuracy +1 Paralyze

DPS Package

» 1H Rare Beginners Sword [Tier 1]+1 Damage +1 Accuracy

(6) Tier 1 Materials

(3) Starter Heath Potions (50HP)

Vanity Beginners armor 

Col: 610

Edited by LiZzie

"T1 mats huh? Shouldn't be too hard to find around here." Muttered the blonde as she tapped over her semi-transparent HUD. In a instant her red cape got replaced by a white one, the latter "hand made" by her to include a 'luck' buff. The design was simple and elegant, gray cape with golden trims and four symbols on the back, each one crossed by a red X. She also unsheathed the rapier at her waist as a handful of boars closed in on them. It's dark blade glistered as the blonde assumed a well practiced pose. "It's been a while since I used this weapon." she admitted with a soft smile. She was interested to see how Lizzie fairs in combat, so she went for the most basic attacks with the rapier instead of revealing the weapon she used in real combat. "Ready to have some fun? EN-GARDE!" muttered the blonde, letting a bit of her background preparations slip as she assumed a professional fencing pose. She aimed for one of their attackers, one hand behind her back and with a short "HA!" she extended her hand and precisely stabbed the boar between its eyes. In the next instant it exploded into pixels as the other 3 growled ominously at her.

[Combat Status]:

Spoiler

Ariel: 1,370/1,370 HP |  134/134 Energy | 25 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 KEN | 1 EVA | 11 DMG | +8 LD
Lizzie:   20/20 HP  | 2 ACC | 2 DMG | +1 LD

ID# 133346  BD: 10 (8+4, KEN proc)
Basic Attack = 11 DMG @Boar #1

Boar #1 -1/10 HP | 3 DMG
Boar #2 10/10 HP | 3 DMG
Boar #3 10/10 HP | 3 DMG
Boar #4 10/10 HP | 3 DMG

[Ariel's Stats before the 2.6.4 Patch]:

Spoiler

[Battle Stats]:

• 1,370 HP (67 x20 +30[athletics])
  • 134 Energy (67 x2)
  • 25 Mitigation (25)
  • +4 Accuracy (1[precision] +2[weapon] +2[trinket]) Caps at 3+1
  • +1 Evasion (1[Sprint & Acrobatics])
  • +2 Keen (After a successful attack, gain +2 Accuracy until your next successful attack, at which point this bonus is removed. Another successful attack will reactivate this enhancement.)
  • 11 Base Damage (1[base]+1[athletics] +9[familiar])
  • +8 LD (+1 LD more when searching for sub-dungeons and labyrinths.)

[Equipment]:
»
 «Guardian Cloak» [T1, Perfect Light Armor]: +3 LD
» «Keen Eye» [T1, Perfect Lucky Charm]: +2 Accuracy, +1 Keen
  A obsidian ring with thin parallel silver linings, that is said to increase one's eyesight.
» «Thorny Nightmare#8343» [T1, Perfect Rapier]: +2 Accuracy, +1 Keen
 The rapier, that is a little heavier than the basic one, with a black colored blade. A quillon/block that has a silver rose on the side and langets that appear to be vines in the same black color as the blade and with silver tips. The handle is made of a dark colored leather, the knuckle bow and the pommel the same color. The pommel ends like a katana, not with a bulb. A blade made to inspire fear in it's users opponents.
» «Dimensional backpack»: +1 Battle Ready inventory slot*

[Buffs]:

• None

[Battle Ready]:
» Basic Teleport [Crystal]

» Banner of Support (+80 HP heal for all (up to 6) party members, 2/4 charges remaining)

[Skills]:
     Detect (
Active) <-> Vengeful Riposte (Inactive

DLRCNsY.png?1

"Engarde!" She yells as she charges in to battle. LiZzie watches as Ariel takes out one of the boars, so she she focuses on another one, it charges at her and LiZzie catches its tusk and lifts it up, with a quick flick of her blade in her hand, she twirls it, then she stabs the boar in its neck. "Woah, woah, HURAGHH!" She yells as she wounds the beast by stabbing it's throat multiple times. "Wow! This sword is amazing!" She says to herself. @Ariel - The Crowned Lion slays her boar.

Combat status:

Spoiler

LiZzie 20/20 HP 2/2 Energy 2ACC 2DMG 1LD

ID 133347 BD 9

basic attack = 5 DMG @boar #2

Remaining:

Boar #2 5/10HP 3 DMG

Boar #3 10/10HP 3DMG

Boar #4 10/10HP 3DMG

Edited by LiZzie

"You certainly are... enthusiastic..." said the blonde with a slight touch of concern as she watched Lizzie try to repeatedly stab the mob in the neck. Her enthusiasm was commendable so the blonde won't voice her concern, she didn't have the right to. Ariel however did prepare for the boars' retaliation, after recovering from the 'shock' of seeing one of them get killed, they eyes Ariel with ill intent. The blonde couldn't help but smirk, she entered a defensive pose and softly said: "Try me!

Her taunt worked wondrously as two of the boars attacked her while the one with less HP went after its attacker. It managed to graze her with its tusks while the other two slammed violently against Ariel. Almost feeling pity for them, the blonde deleted another one from existence. "I'll leave that one to you, I'll handle the rest" said the blonde as she watch her.

[Combat Status]:

Spoiler

Ariel: 1,368/1,370 HP |  134/134 Energy | 25 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 KEN | 1 EVA | 11 DMG | +8 LD
Lizzie:   18/20 HP | 1/2 EN | 2 ACC | 2 DMG | +1 LD

ID# 133435  BD: 6 (Hit!)
Boar #2 deals 2 DMG to @LiZzie

ID# 133436  BD: 10 (Crit. Hit!)
Boar #3 deals 1 DMG to @Ariel - The Crowned Lion

ID# 133437  BD: 6 (7-1, Hit!)
Boar #4 deals 1 DMG to @Ariel - The Crowned Lion

ID# 133438  BD: 9 (3+4+2, Hit!)
Basic Attack = 11 DMG @Boar #3

Boar #2  7/10 HP | 3 DMG
Boar #3 10/10 HP | 3 DMG
Boar #4 10/10 HP | 3 DMG

Spoiler

LiZzie :   18/20 HP | 1/2 EN | 2 ACC | 2 DMG | +1 LD

ID: 133441

BD 3 + 2 = miss @boar #2

Boar #2 6/10 HP 3 DMG

Boar #4 10/10 HP 3 DMG

The boar breaks out of the grapple, which LiZzie was taken by surprise by, is enraged seeing it's friends die. LiZzie gets striked by the boar's tusk. "Ow! That hurt, you fat horned pig! I outta make ham out of you!" She says. LiZzie takes a step back and runs up to take a slash at the boar, who dodges it. "I'll leave that one to you, I'll handle the rest!" said Ariel as she watched her fight the boar. "I'll get you, then I'll make boar stew!!!" She yells as she gets ready for the boar's next move. @Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Edited by LiZzie

Ariel started to think that it was work coming to the lower floors once in a while. Her shop, she didn't have to maintain anymore since a certain maid practically took ownership of it. She took a break from real fighting for a while now so doing this... was kind of therapeutic. "Show it who's, they're one of the most vicious killers in Aincrad. Boars got a higher kill count than any PKer." added the blonde as she dispatched the other boar.  One well placed stab with the rapier and her enemy was no more.

She felt kind of bad, she probably looked like a bully right now. Killing lvl 1 mobs while letting the low level player deal with it by herself. However, she would not intervene, this how she was thought to fight and this is how she'd treat her future students as well. Besides, it looked like LeZzie was getting into it so who was she to ruin her fun?

[Combat Status]:

Spoiler

Ariel: 1,368/1,370 HP |  134/134 Energy | 25 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 KEN | 1 EVA | 11 DMG | +8 LD
Lizzie:   16/20 HP | 1/2 EN | 2 ACC | 2 DMG | +1 LD

ID# 133774  BD: 6 (Hit!)
Boar #2 deals 2 DMG to @LiZzie

ID# 133773  BD: 7
Basic Attack = 11 DMG @Boar #4 DEAD

Boar #2  7/10 HP | 3 DMG

LiZzie, strikes at the boar, as she sees Ariel takes out her 3rd boar out of the group of 4. LiZzie feels a little embarrassed due to her unable to have slain one boar in the time it took Ariel to kill 3.

A red pixelated line from the slash of LiZzie's sword forms on the boar, it squeals in pain from its wounds. It backs up and prepares for another attack on LiZzie. "Hey, pulled pork!" She yells at the boar. "What do you call a pig that's not fun to hang around? A Boar!" She teases it as she runs up to it ready to strike again.

@Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Combat status

Spoiler

Lizzie :   76/80 HP | 7/8 EN | 2 ACC | 3 DMG | +1 LD

Ariel 1,368/1,370 HP |  134/134 Energy | 25 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 KEN | 1 EVA | 11 DMG | +8 LD

ID: 134067

BD: 6 (4 + 2 ACC) (HIT)

Basic Attack = 4 DMG @boar #2

Remaining:

Boar #2 1/10 HP 3 DMG

Edited by LiZzie

The blonde let out a small snort in reply to the girl's pun. As bad as it was the blonde appreciated the spirit but also she mused over the image in front of her. Taunting something that could easily become your next meal. She'd promised herself to stand by and that was exactly what she planned to do.

She rested against a nearby, fairly large, rock and traced her movements with the sword. Being only a spectator to the action made the blonde observe her more analytically, her fencing past making her inadvertently judge the player in front of her. "The swing is too wide, take control of the momentum... lower your center of balance... aim higher..." we're just a few of the comments she worded out softly.

Smiling as she could remember a time, a long while back, when her father would do the same for her during most of their training sessions. But at the time her target was only a training dummy or her dad that kept parrying her every shot and not a simulated moving target that actually could attack you. She shook her head to dispel that start of a reverie and shouted: "Just a little more, you got it!" she heartly cheered.

[Combat Status]: 

Spoiler

Lizzie:   74/80 HP | 7/8 EN | 2 ACC | 3 DMG | +1 LD

Boar #2:  1/10 HP 3 DMG

ID# 134105  MD: 9 (Crit!)
Boar #2 deals 4 DMG to @LiZzie

Ariel +(10*3) HP -> Full HP (out of combat passive health regen)

LiZzie, hearing Ariel cheer her on, she jumps, side to side, kinda like multiple quick side steps, she charges forward and strikes at the boar. "HURRRAGGGH!" She roars as she swings her new blade. She keeps striking the boar, over and over again. She finally kills the stubborn boar, and exhales in exhaustion. "Huh.." it shatters into multiple blue crystal like particles. "Okay, that was cool.." she admires Ariel, staring at her. She some what appears to be checking Ariel out... ",U-uh, anyways, let's find those materials.." @Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Spoiler

Lizzie : 74/80 HP | 7/8 EN | 2 ACC | 4 DMG | +1 LD

Ariel 1,368/1,370 HP | 134/134 Energy | 25 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 KEN | 1 EVA | 11 DMG | +8 LD

ID: 134106

BD: 9+2 ACC (CRIT HIT)

Basic Attack 5 DMG @Boar #2

Boar #2 -4/10 HP DMG

Combat end

@Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Edited by LiZzie

Ariel let out a small laugh at her last statement. "Yeah we should focus on the mision for now." she added with a nod to Liz's last statement, brushing off everything else. "Luckily Gathering is much, MUCH more easier than fighting. There is even a skill that help you find more materials than usual, so there are a lot of people that, while they don't actively fight, support the rest by providing materials items etc to the 'frontlining effort'. " she added with air quotations at the end, a pun to the 'war effort' expression.

While they looked around she pointed towards a area devoid of mobs that they could use to look for materials in peace while getting to know each other. However, the last months of living in isolation on the 24th floor left the blonde with rusty socialization skills, so while looking around the ground for materials, she wasn't sure on what topic they should continue. @LiZzie

ID# 134430  LD: 17 (9+8)
LD 11+ => +1x Quest Material found