Jump to content
Plot Master

[F17] Obsidian Invasion

Recommended Posts

Things finally seemed to take a respite but that was just the calm before the storm. Hearing the Queen's words, Ariel alongside with the rest of her subject fired up. The time to keep her promise has come, to the blonde's delight, earlier than she anticipated. With a smirk, she summoned the dormant weapon from her inventory. She started to hit the ground with its blunt end in unison with the rest of the soldier and little before the order to charge in came, she gave Dracul a sly grin. "You're coming with me!" she ordered, letting no space for refusal. With a dejected sigh, Dracul had no choice but to abide and pulled out his cristal-like blue rose sword. He gave some quick instructions to his assistants who were to stay behind and continue tending to the wounded. 
With a mutual nod, they both charged in. "Give'm hell guys!" shouted the enthusiastic lion sage as she passed by @Macradon, @Zandra. A little ahead she saw the familiar and she stopped next to him, then gave him a hearty slap behind the back. "Wake the f*** up samurai. We got an army to burn!"
then she raised her trademark two-handed assault spear, letting the lion flag un top flutter for a a bit. the weapon began to glister darkness as the Fallen enchantment in it manifested, the black flames consuming the skeleton horses and archer alike. 


Objective: Stop the Archers
ID# 133389
Final BD: 4 | 1+3(DMG Familiar)

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Can you guys freakin' move it?" She barked, looking at the guards who were literally doing nothing! "You might as well go back in if you aren't going to freaking do anything!" She said harshly, rolling her eyes before she darted towards the grounded archers.

Something about this event was. . . bizarre. The archers were freaking skeletons for Pete's sake! Oh God, it was kinda of like the whole Halloween event all over again. She shuddered. She swore if this event was anything like that, she would personally chop her arm off. 

Cordelia let out a small yelp as more arrows rained down on her. "Jesus, they are not joking with this event," she muttered under her breath, looking at the sky to see Pacco circling the battlefield, though far enough to be out of reach from the archers.

She sighed in relief and continued her way to the main group, slicing her way through the ones that were close enough, though.

Objective: Stop the Archers
ID: 133387
BD: 3+2=5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Objective: Stop the Archers
ID: 133388
Final BD: 2+3(Familiar Enhancements) = 5.

Smiling at the slow addition to the group to keep off the archers, Macradon would look over at @Baldur and @Zandra “Good to see you here as well!” he said and prepared his sword. Belphegor roared a mighty battleroar with all of its three maws, the hellish fires erupted from the cerberus as the sounds of hells’s gates would cover the battlefield. “Let’s show these archers who’s the rulers of these lands are!” Macradon followed his familiar with a battlecry and went into the horde of archers once again. His attack wasn’t as strong as before, so the clasped his pendant and muttered “May my father Zeus guide me in the horde battle like he did against Leonidas”. With that, Macradon was all focused on attack and slaughtering every single skeletal archer. “Tonight, we will have bone broth galore!” he roared and went back for another flurry of blows against the skeletal warriors.

Edited by Macradon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walking with the eight NPCs behind me I looked around in the dungeon and we walked past some doors. "Next one right lady," the wounded guard said to me as we walked into the dungeon for a bit. With the torch in hand and my spear in the other, it was easy to find my way and just as the guard said, we got to a tunnel. "Do these tunnels lead out?" I asked the wounded guard serious and focus on the tunnel ahead of me. "Yes they do," He said holding his guts a bit.

Leading them out into the tunnels and right into the tunnels. they smelled a bit damp and really did not like it but I had to keep pushing. "Miss hold up for a second, we getting behind," One person said as they stopped in the tunnels. I walked over and looked at the man saying it. He seemed to be the one who I helped before and he still seemed to be bleeding. "Alright take this it should help," I said to him giving him a potion of healing and watching as he took it down. As that happened I heard voices behind us a few things. "Alright we need to keep moving Fast, they are behind us," I said to them as I lead them more into the tunnels.

Objective: Escort Civilians to Safety
ID: 133375
LD: 8
Progress: 2/3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How could I stay back when the lioness herself. I would've lied if I said her enthusiasm wasn't contagious. Seeing that words had little meaning right now, I charged in beside her. I should be alright, worst case scenario, I can just teleport away. I don't have time to check right now but I think I have a crystal in my inventory. I watched as she tried to inspire some players in the battlefield, in particular a Japanese style warrior. "I take it you know each other?" I ask between slashes and parries, my back against hers. I couldn't afford to take my eyes off the enemy in front of me, to see her expression as she replied. "Something like that, you can say he's a old friend." she honestly replied with her battle-crazed smile. I risk a glance towards the city walls ' Darius, Claudia... what have I gotten myself into?' I ask myself, knowing that they had no way to hear me.


Objective: Stop the Archers
ID#133390
Final BD:  | 9+3 (Blue Rose:+3 Damage)

Edited by Dracul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Objective: Stop the Archers
ID: 133391
Final BD: 6+3(fighter familiar)=9

Personal total: 14

It looked like the mens was to scared to follow her, even when she had tried to encourage them. ‘’Please, get yourself together, we need to work united. You, me, all of you, all of us. Alone we will fall, together, the skeletons wont have a chance. I beg you come on now.’’ She saw that her words did now have some effect on them at least. They looked at eachother like they was questioning, ‘can she actually be right?’,’she do have a point.’,’will we really be able to win?’. Even if she wanted to, Zandra couldn’t stay any longer, she had to move forward to help the ones that already is on the front. But she looked at the mens one last time. ‘’Please, we really do need you out there, everyone of you counts. Please.’’ And with that, she turned around and headed towards where the other defenders have gathered.

 

Edited by Zandra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

Objective: Close Portal
ID: 133400
BD: 10
Group Members: Baldur, Cordelia, Azhoda
Cumulative BD: 10

With more threats incoming Calrex looked towards the gates as he saw a massive group of players, some that he recognized, rush out to meet the incoming archers. A...amount much more than necessary to deal with the threat, "Wait! We don't need that many...and they're already out of earshot..."

"These things are crawling out of the ground! How in the world do we stop them?"

"Great, of course right when a bunch of people went out to deal with the archers..."

Rushing over the bluenette approached the person calling for help, "Where's the source of the creatures? I'll see what I can do."

Given the location he quickly rushed over, his gauntlet-clad arms smashing through the monsters that were in his way, arriving at a circular pool of tar-like material, "So this is one of the sources? Ok...well I'm here, but given the information there's no way I can close this on my own..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bones and bows alike scattered down her feet before they exploded with a slight pop into shards of blue. "That's strangely morbid," she whispered under her breath, her eyes glowing red as Pacco worked his magic. The familiar grid system appeared before her as she looked around, spotting several enemies in red. "Alright, here we go!" She exclaimed, charging in for an AoE attack.

It was actually quite easy to kill these guys, well at least more than she thought it would be. She had been able to wipe out a few with just a few charges. Neat!

She didn't think that these many people would be going in to stop the archers, but hey, the more the merrier. She actually recognized some of these faces, though they were far to far away for her to to suddenly strike up a friendly conversation with them. Isn't really quite the place for that, either, huh?

Objective: Stop the Archers
ID: 133393 
Final BD: 6+2=8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Objective: Stop the Archers
ID: 133397
Final BD: 6+4= 10 (muramasa)

Baldur could barely see his comrades through the mass of archers around them. They had cleared out more than half of there had been when they started, but it had been a field full of skeleton warriors when they started. Half was incredible progress, but that still left an almost overwhelming amount of them left. The deft samurai began to fall back towards the entrance to make sure that nothing made its way through, the crimson arcs of light opening the way before him as he danced about among their numbers. He may not be clearing huge swathes of mobs like the more AoE specced warriors, but every stroke of his blade killed something in a never-ending charge back towards the gates.

"I think the AoE squad can finish up the archers, we need to start working on some of these other objectives!" Baldur swiped through the menu, pulling up a progress meter for the event.

They were doing well, but the others had made almost no progress.

Edited by Baldur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Objective: Stop the Archers
ID: 133396
Final BD: 10+3(Familiar Enhancements) = 13

Many people were gathering at the forefront of the archer battalion, it was great having this many people help fending off the pesky archer jockeys, but even if it was good, Macradon still did not know what they were defending, who they were fighting for and for what reason, all he knew was to beat these undead skelebois back to their skelegraves. “We can make some great undead soup with these, and if not, then we can bake the unbread with them!” he said “You hear me, spookybois! I’m gonna make bread of your dust!” the knight yelled, taunting the undead army in front of them “Come and inch closer and I’ll taunt you again!” he said with a smile on his face. With one hand he rested his sword on his shoulder as he approached the archers, and with the other hand he took off his helmet to reveal his alabaster hair and scarlet eyes “Time to grind some bone meal!” he said and charged in with mighty swings.

Edited by Macradon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Objective: Stop the Archers
ID: 133398
Final BD: 3+3(fighter familiar)=6

Personal total: 20

After only a dozen meters or so, she heard movement behind her. She looked over her shoulder and saw the guards have taken themselves together, fixed their gear and was now battle ready. They had started to move behind her. A smile on Zandra’s face showed everyone that she had confident in them, and believed in them. She continued towards the battle, this time with seven warriors with strong shields and sharp swords behind her. She smiled and waved happily to Baldur and Macradon. Then she turned to the group of men that had followed her. ‘’Now it is time, give them hell boys!’’ and as one, eight humanoid threw themselves into the horde of skeletons. In the front of them was the dragoness, with her whirling long black hair and burning red eyes, she wrecked death into the lines of the archers. Beside her, the guards was also reducing the enemy force. ‘’Hahaha! Isnt this some excellent warmup guys!?’’ she shouted.

 

Edited by Zandra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"For the queen!" shouted Ariel, in hopes to bolster the troop's morale. If she, a normal player, had been charmed by Queen Delia's charisma she thought normal NPCs didn't stood a chance. So using her as a motivator seemed the right action in that moment and it looked like it worked as more than a small amount of NPC were starting to cheer and follow her lead, as did her blonde companion. After slashing through an archer still mounted on his horse, she peeked at her battle partner. "Are you having fun?" but all she got in reply was a  low grunt as she parried yet another blow from his current opponent. "You'll grow into it!" she added after killing another "Good part is, after this we'll become more close. Brothers, baptised in this undead blood." she let out a laugh that surprised even herself. She really missed fighting...


Objective: Stop the Archers
ID# 133401
Final BD: 10 | 7+3(DMG Familiar)

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cordelia shrieked when an arrow sped right past her, grazing her cheek just slightly. Since when did they start attacking her? God damn!

She whipped her head and stared daggers at the skeleton she assumed had shot at her. She really hoped that if the thing had eyebrows, they would be raised, but she'll never know! 

Cordelia slashed away at his. . . bones. . . and sighed in relief when she saw it go down in piles. She sighed and pressed her palms on her knees. She was already mentally exhausted from this event, and it's just barely started! She looked behind her and pursed her lips. She just hoped the other objectives were doing just as well as the one stopping the archers were.

She shook her head and turned back to her mission. Stopping all these stupid skeletons. Today was in interesting day indeed. Just what she needed after new years!

Stop the Archers
ID: 133399
BD: 9+2=11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course a grunt is all I could manage. The majority of my brainpower is focused on dodging, parrying and the actually landing shots. "Are all of you progressers this freaking strong?" I ask in frustration as I barely manage to dodge an arrow aimed right between my eyes. At first I was being swept by the crowd feeling and all the inspirational talk. Now having taken actual damage and seeing my HP drop at a rapid rate... I'm starting to question the sanity of staying here,  luckily I have a healthy supply of healing crystals to keep myself topped. The moment that stock runs low I'm out of here, that's a promise! I let out a sigh as I partially listen to the blonde sage's ramble about fun, brotherhood and fun. Again my thoughts go, when I can spare one, to my servants and how lucky I am to have their company instead of this lunatic's everyday.


Objective: Stop the Archers
ID# 133403
Final BD: 4 | 1+3 (Blue Rose:+3 Damage)

Edited by Dracul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh great, I thought as I made my way into the tunnel with the people behind me, it was really nothing much but I could hear the wind blowing into the tunnel either meaning that was the exit or something was big was coming up. Making up into the tunnel I was some light, maybe something bigger was up ahead. Getting closer I hear something behind me, looking back I see some monster behind us as the run at us, "go to the light, Wait there until I get back," I said to the NPCs and looked as the walked to the light. Not long and some monster walked to me. before they even knew it, I attacked them killing them without a problem.

Joining up with the NPCs I saw that we where in a cave meaning this was nearly done and meaning I should go back soon. leading them to the exit of the cave was easy and once there I looked at the guard, "Can you guys make it from here?" I said to him and he nodded to me as I ran back double-timing it as fast as I could so I could help other players again.

Objective: Escort Civilians to Safety
ID: 133375
LD: 8
Progress: 3/3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Objective: Stop the Archers
ID: 133402
Final BD: 10+3(Familiar Enhancement) = 13

Everyone were doing a tremendous job at holding the archers away from the encampment and since both Macradon and Zandra were here to fend off the skeletons, people had time to switch from the horde and go help the other posts that needed help. From what Macradon could spot with every look here and then, Calrex was one if not the only one trying to close portals, while someone else was keeping the civilians safe. “Alright, we’re doing great, let’s push on.” Macradon thought and kept on mowing through the ranks of undead archers left and right. With every swing, Macradon gave it his all and tried to create as much havoc as he humanly could, which was quite a lot since he did have his Holy blade with him, cleaving the undead like they were just sacks … stacks? … of pixels waiting to be toppled over like a game of jenga.

Edited by Macradon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Between huffs and puffs, pixels resulted from countless death animation, the blonde would look past her blonde partner and around them. The hoarde of skeleton mobs had dwindled. More and more player effects could be seen throughout the battlefield, be it Macradon's blinding Holly damage enhancement, or Zandra's dragon flames. More people went and and helped sealing the portals, good. There was no telling what reinforcements might come and the ones right now could hold the frontline with little difficulty. There was also the matter of evacuating the civilians from Larissa, for a moment the blonde pondered if she should turn back and help with either of those task but decided against it. Those two were probably involved with the evacuation, if she knew Dracul well; he probably told them to do it too. "You probably told them to escape as well." she added in a soft tone, totally out of place as she sliced open another skeleton with his horse.


Objective: Stop the Archers
ID# 133404
Final BD: 13 | 10+3(DMG Familiar)

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baldur frowned at his screen that was showing only one group of NPCs had made it out safely, and none of the portals had been closed yet. He looked around the field, and spotted one of the lower levels that was out fighting the archers with the big guns. She would be fine, he was sure, but she'd also be perfect to help him out.

"Hey! Cordelia! Come with me! We need to start tackling some of these other objectives!" He tried waving his arms to get her attention, and then gestured for her to follow him through the front gates, trying to be seen and heard over the battlefield was tough.

"We've gotta split up between objectives better!"

Without waiting too much longer, Baldur ran through the gates and into the castle where he happened upon his kohai standing around some sort of portal.

"Hey Cal, what can we do to help?"

Edited by Baldur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cordelia sighed as she watched the players charge forward.

She supposed that it was time for her to fall back. They seemed to be able to have that down. Her ears perked. Was someone calling for her? Between the sound of arrows firing and war cries, she wasn't really sure. She sighed and stood on her toes, squinting as she looked around.

Baldur? The fu-

Cordelia shook her head and followed after him. It was better than staying in this hell, anyway. She's sure that they'll be just fine. She heaved as she weaved her way through the countless soldiers and players that were going after the archers. "Jesus, calm down, will you?" She muttered, finally finding herself back in the town gates.

She sighed and pushed herself into the castle, looking around before she locked her eyes on Baldur. She walked over to him and pursed her lips. "So what are we doing?"

-Post action to go help calrex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting back as fast as I could killing some monster on the way that followed me into the cave. Clearing them out I ran into the tunnels, bleh still as damp as ever before, more reason to clear it fast. Once out I run right into the dungeon for a moment I can hear the battle outside as I look out of a window right into the field. yeez something is really messing up this place, we need to stop them or else this place is no longer safe for players. Running as fast as I could retrace my steps I drop my torch as it dissolves into pixels. Once there I get outside and see everything happening again. Hell, it is like Hell out here! 

getting outside it seemed like Baldur was getting somewhere so I just followed him and joined him and HA someone I knew as well, "Not the best way to see you again Cordelia," I said fast running after her as fast as I could, "I'm right behind you Baldur!" I said as I followed.
@Cordelia @Baldur

Action, switching to closing the portals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×