[PP-F24] Deja-vu? <<Raging Rhino>>

'Haven't I been here?' thought a certain red capped blonde, looking up at the Floor 24th Coliseum. She wasn't going mad, there was a valid reason for why she'd risk her life again in fighting the horned beast. She agreed to lend her experience (and spear) so that  @Cordelia can be able to finish the quest as well. "Ready to prove yourself to the chief and its people?" she asked with a knowing grin. They were about to face one of the most deadliest things the sage has ever faced... outside of a floor boss fight. "The fame and glory part of the quest description is actually more than lip service." said the blonde, raising a hand in acknowledgement as some NPC natives would salute her as they pass by them. "...the money reward is kind of a let down though." she added. 

"I suggest you prep yourself before stepping in the arena, this thing deals a nasty blow if it hits you." listening to her own advice, she pops off the cork to a vial titled 'Sand Armor potion' and depletes its content over her battle dress and cape. She spilled a drink from a vial on top of her weapon as well. "Any questions before we go take the rhino by the horn?" she asked with a hint of joviality, hoping her pun wasn't as bad as it sounded in her near after she spoke it.

[Ariel's stats]:

Spoiler

[Battle Stats]:

• 1,390 HP (68 x20 +30[athletics])
  • 136 Energy (68 x2)
  • 70 Mitigation (25 +63[armor]+27[potion]-45[drink])
  • +4 Accuracy (1[precision] +1[weapon] +2[trinket])
  • +1 Evasion (1[Sprint & Acrobatics])
  • +1 Keen (After a successful attack, gain +(1 per slot) Accuracy until your next successful attack, at which point this bonus is removed. Another successful attack will reactivate this enhancement.)
  • 22 (19+3[drink]) Base Damage (1[base] +7[weapon skill] +1[athletics] +9[familiar] +1[ferocity])
  • +8 Fallen Damage (Successful attack rolls of 6-8 (before modifiers) gain (2 per slot * Tier) fallen damage to your total base damage.)
  • +24 HP Holy Blessing (After taking damage, heal [8 per slot * Tier] HP at the beginning of your next turn. Damage over time effects (Bleed, Poison) will not trigger Holy Blessing. Can only trigger once per round.)
  • +8 LD (5 +3[drink]; +1 LD more when searching for sub-dungeons and labyrinths.)
  • Life Mending (Increases the user’s healing done to other targets through skills and use of consumable items by 10% of the initial heal (rounded down) per slot.)

[Equipment]:
» «Darkened Blade» [T2, Perfect 2HAS]: +2 Fallen Damage, +1 Accuracy
  A 3 meter long (~10 feet) spear that is entirely died in obsidian black. Below the spearhead, a banner hangs freely. Its background is colored in a dark blue with a white lion's head wearing a crown, in the middle. 
» «Leonidas' Strength» [T3, Unique Light Armor]: +1 Life Mending, +1 Holy Blessing, +2 Damage Mitigation+
  A blood red cape with a black inverted V design in the middle of the back, if worn as light armor; one of the trademark items worn by the Spartans that fought until the last man.
» «Keen Eye» [T1, Perfect Lucky Charm]: +2 Accuracy, +1 Keen
  A obsidian ring with thin parallel silver linings, that is said to increase one's eyesight.
» «Dimensional backpack»: +1 Battle Ready inventory slot*
» «Thorny Nightmare#8343» [T1, Perfect Rapier]: +2 Accuracy, +1 Keen [Temp. Vanity Item]
 The rapier is a little heavier than the basic one, with a black colored blade. A quillon/block that has a silver rose on the side and langets that appear to be vines in the same black color as the blade and with silver tips. The handle is made of a dark colored leather, the knuckle bow and the pommel the same color. The pommel ends like a katana, not with a bulb. A blade made to inspire fear in it's users opponents.

[Buffs]:

• «Codex Shake#86846»: +3 LD [Drink]
  • Sand Armor Potion: +27 Mit [Potion]
  • Omega Protein Shake#86814: +3 DMG | -45 MIT [Drink]

[Battle Ready]:
» Basic Teleport [Crystal]
» 5x  «Medella crystallus, 2nd grade 2nd edition» (+40 HP Recovery) [Crystal]
» Banner of Support (+80 HP heal for all (up to 6) party members, 2/4 charges remaining)
» «Holy Sovereign Orb of Antioch» [Trinket]: +4 Prosperity, Bloodclot 
» «Guardian Cloak» [T1, Perfect Light Armor]: +3 LD

[Skills]:
02c0471479b088ee811feda77613cb01.png

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Cordelia felt a shudder go down her spine. She's never usually this high on the floors, but y'know, here she is. "I guess?" She asked, shrugging her shoulders as she downed a potion and some hot cocoa she had gotten from the Christmas event. "Yay. . ." she muttered, really trying her best to be enthusiastic, but how can one be enthusiastic when they're literally about to go against a bloodthirsty rhino? I repeat, a bloodthirsty. Rhino.

"Let's just hope I don't get hit then," she mumbled, applying her own sand armor potion to her haori. "I doubt that this potion will help me at all but its better than nothing, I guess," she sighed.'

She laughed softly and shook her head. "I don't think so. This quest is pretty straightforward enough. Go in, kill the rhino, and come out alive," she shrugged, patting the hilt of her katana with a small smile.

Spoiler

LVL: 36 | HP: 720/720 | EN: 72/72 | 13+3=16 DMG | 5+27=32 MIT | 3+2=5 ACC | 3+2=5 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 KEEN | 4 HLY

INVENTORY: 

☆ T2 Katana | Haunted Verdict: [Cursed] 4 HLY, 4 DMG
 T1 Light Armor | Bastille’s Resistance: +2 EVA, +1 PARA VNM
☆ T1 Jewelry | Aura Sensors: +1 EVA, +2 KEEN

BATTLE READY:

☆ [5] Standard Healing Potions [Heals 50 HP]
☆ x2 Vicious Dragon-Fang Potion: +3 DMG 

CONSUMED:
x1 Vicious Dragon-Fang Potion: +3 DMG
<<Sand Armor>> +27 MIT
Fast Hot Cocoa: +2 ACC, +2 EVA

SKILLS:

☆ R3 Accuracy Familiar Mastery: 3 ACC
☆ Disguise: [Gain +1 EVA until the start of your next turn]
☆ Survival: [Increases out of combat health regeneration to (15 * Tier) per post. Grants immunity to most damage dealing environmental
attacks/effects.]
☆ R1 Curved Sword Skill 
☆ R5 Katana Skill [+7 DMG/+1 BASE]
> FEROCITY MOD: +1 DMG
☆ R3 Hiding Skill: +1 Stealth Rating
☆ R1 Light Armor Skill: 5 MIT

"Yep, while it lacks in complexity, that rhino packs quite the punch." said the blonde sighing while rubbing her stomach. Previously, it landed three hard direct hits on her so she could still feel the sensation of literally being knocked into the air. They started walking towards through the entrance, the organizer NPC eyeing them after making a few notes on his makeshift clipboard motioned them towards a large pair of iron gates. "Wait there until they open the gates, the things seems to be itching for a fight so the staff is having trouble herding it inside." 

"Okay." simply replied the blonde. Taking this time to fiddle with the HUD in front of her. Moments later, her gray cape got replaced with a much simpler blood red one with golden trims and a inverted black V on the back. Made the blonde look more like a spartan, like the one she got the cape from. Next came her weapon which, because of the sheer size, she preferred to keep it mostly in her inventory. Her darkened blade hasn't seen much action lately so the blonde was happy to indulge it, as well as herself.

Just in time, the heavy gates started squeaking as they started moving upwards, revealing the arena before them. "Showtime." Muttered the blonde as she took a step inside and basked in the crowd's cheer. It wasn't like the fencing tournaments from before SAO but it had that nostalgic feeling to it, so the blonde sage performed her role and rose her hands and weapon in the air; acknowledging the crowd which cheered even louder. 

At some distance opposite to them, stood their opponent, a imposing white rhino adorned with different ceremonious fabrics, its menacing horn shining white in  the sun. The blonde inadvertently swallowed and let out a sigh. "Let me take point." she muttered, before charging at the beast before them. The fallen, dark flame effect glistened in the air as the sage unleashed her most potent SA against the rhino who barely had time to react before a big chunk of its hp was removed by the end of the sword art's movements.

[Combat]:

Spoiler

Cordelia:  HP: 720/720 | EN: 72/72 | 16 DMG | 32 MIT | 5 ACC | 5 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 KEEN | 4 HLY
Ariel:     
HP: 1390/1390 | EN: 136/136 | 22 DMG | 70 MIT | 4 ACC | 1 EVA | 1 KEEN | 8 FLN | 24 HLB
Piasuhōn: 725/1100 
HP | 50 Mit | 300 DMG | 2 ACC | 2 EVA | Pure Rage: HP<550, +100 DMG, -1 ACC

ID# 133552  BD:8 (7+4-1, FLN + KEEN proc)
Sword Art: Dimensional Stampede
x15(22+8+5)= 525 -50 =375 DMG @Piasuhōn
+1 ACC next round

"Wait there until they open the gates, the things seems to be itching for a fight so the staff is having trouble herding it inside." 

"Jesus Christ," she muttered, shaking her head. She looked over to Ariel as sweat dropped. Her equipment seemed a lot more. . . flashy than her own, perhaps she was a person who was into these kind of. . . arena fighting things? She wasn't very sure. Cordelia fumbled through her own inventory and equipped her trust katana. Really, her only katana.

Cordelia looked up and sighed, watching the gates open and revealing the inside of the Collesium. She looked over to Pacco one last time before she smiled, brushing her finger over his feathered head one last time before she followed after Ariel. "Yeah. . . showtime," she mumbled, averting her gaze to the ground as she walked into the center of the Collesium.

Damn, it's loud.

She looked over to Ariel again and deadpanned when she saw that she was motivating the crow to get even louder. She wasn't sure if it was concerning or not. . . 

Cordelia looked back, her eyes locking on to the rhino. Well, he sure looked spoiled.She nodded over to her partner-in-crime before she nodded to her familiar, letting him rocket off into the sky in a flurry of black feathers as she unsheathed Haunted Verdict. Once Ariel had completed her attack, Cordelia lunged in for her own attack, Pacco's familiar abilities coming into affect as red a glow emitted from her originally gray eyes.

The sun's light reflected off of her blade as she swung her katana at the rhino's thick skin, creating a flurry of small and shallow gashes before she swung the blade over her head, chopping down on it with a sudden force, creating a much larger and deeper wound into its side. 

The rhino let out a loud roar before it shook her off of itself. The platinum haired player huffed as she skid to a halt on her two legs, tracking up dust in her wake. "Oh damn, now it's angry."

Spoiler

ID: 133558
BD: 10, [+2] [+4]
6+16=22x15=330-50=280 725-280=445

ID: 133559
MD: 1, Miss

[2] Cordelia:  HP: 720/720 | EN: 58/72 | 16 DMG | 32 MIT | 5 ACC | 5 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 KEEN | 4 HLY
[1] Ariel:      
HP: 1390/1390 | EN: 136/136 | 22 DMG | 70 MIT | 4 ACC | 1 EVA | 1 KEEN | 8 FLN | 24 HLB
Piasuhōn: 445/1100 
HP | 50 Mit | 300+100=400 DMG | 2-1=1 ACC | 2 EVA | 

A faint white spark caught the lioness' eye as she watched her pit partner deal a devastating blow. "Holly eh.." she then glanced at her weapon and she mentally made a Ying Yang association between them. Ariel noticed the rhino shifting its gaze at Cordelia "oh oh..." muttered the blonde in concern. "He seems to like you more." she added, trying not to scare the girl next to her. "You should probably let me take its attention..." added the blonde with a sly grin she deliberately walked slow in front of the rhino, twirling her black spear around her fingers to the white flag near the sharp end dance around her. To make sure it would focus on her, the blonde started shouting: "How about you show me some love too or I'll get jealous!"  

Her taunt seemed to work as the rhino turned its massive horned head her way, the sage didn't think twice before unleashing her sword art on its face. She stabbed its eye twice then jumped high up in the air and slammed its head with her spear.

[Combat]:

Spoiler

[2] Cordelia:  720/720 | EN: 58/72 | 16 DMG | 32 MIT | 5 ACC | 5 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 KEEN | 4 HLY
[3] Ariel:      
1390/1390 | EN: 13/136 | 22 DMG | 70 MIT | 4 ACC | 1 EVA | 1 KEEN | 8 FLN | 24 HLB
Piasuhōn:   135/1100 
HP | 50 Mit | 400 DMG | 1 ACC | 2 EVA  

ID# 133560  BD: 9 (Crit!)
Sword Art: Dimensional Stampede
x15(22+2)= 360 -50 =310 DMG @Piasuhōn

The crowd roared with cheers as they watched Ariel continue to beat up the rhino until its health had merely been a fraction of what it once was. What a bunch of sadists. She scoffed and turned her attention back to the fight.

She might as well put the thing out of its misery.

Her hands gripped around the hilt of her katana as she charged up another San Ge, darting for the rhino only a few seconds later after she had activated it. She weaved her way through its attacks, all while delivering many of her own. By the time the rhino had finished its short series of attacks, its HP gauge had already been destroyed by her own.

It let out a shrill grunt before it erupted into shards of blue into the air, leaving a breathless Cordelia. 

"Not bad, Cordelia," she muttered, laughing to herself as she crowd erupted into a flurry of cheers and whistles.

Spoiler

ID: 133570
BD: 7, Hit
16x15=240-50=190 135-190=0 HP

ID: 133571 [he died, whoops]

[2] Cordelia:  HP: 720/720 | EN: 44/72 | 16 DMG | 32 MIT | 5 ACC | 5 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 KEEN | 4 HLY
[1] Ariel:      
Piasuhōn: 0/1100 
HP | 50 Mit | 300+100=400 DMG | 2-1=1 ACC | 2 EVA | 

LOOT:

Spoiler

ID: 133572
LD: 7
CD: 3

3,300 Col
[1] T3 Uncommon Consumable
[4] T3 Mats

"Not bad at all!" added the blonde lioness with a broad smile as she lightly patted Cordelia on the shoulder a couple of times. "If I knew it would be this easier, I would've paired way earlier for the quest." her back jerked as for a moment she felt cold sweat, remembering how the same rhino brought her HP into the redish-orange zone. Shaking her head to the side, her usual smile returned: "The crowd loves ya!" she added, raising her black spear in salute. A voice suddenly boomed around the arena, making the blonde raise an eyebrow. "The legendary Piercing Horn has been defeated by these brave adventurers. Congratulations!" he took a small pause, probably to build up suspense before continuing with renewed vigor:

"Now Let's reward them for their arduos feat with a...... BONUS ROUND!

"Wha.....?" the blonde didn't get to finish the inquiry as four gates around the arena opened and a the same number of sahagins showed up, armed to the teeth. The blonde stood and watch in dissbelief as mobs similar with the ones they found in the last floor raid appeared before them. She tensed a bit, remembering how annoying those monsters were... "Why are these things here..." she muttered, showing clear signs of apprehension in attacking them. Then she looked at @Cordelia, took a deep breath, and regained her confidence... that's right, she wouldn't face them alone.

"These things... we fought them in this floor's boss raid. They're not strong individually but together are quite troublesome. Why are the Leviathan's minions here?
Let me take their aggro, if I miss more than half of them, you don't have to attack them.
" she said reading confidently, like a seasoned captain talking to one of his recruits. She readied her spear, wondering who that announcer was if he had access to these special mobs, and lunged forward. She covered the distance between them in a blink of an eye, leaving behind a reddish-gold blur and stopped in the middle of the new enemies.
They didn't get to reach and the blond would already be moving her massive spear in a single and powerful 360 degree spin that hit all of them.

[Combat]:

Spoiler

[0/0/0/0] Cordelia:  HP: 720/720 | EN: 44/72 | 16 DMG | 32 MIT | 5 ACC | 5 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 KEEN | 4 HLY
[2/1/1/1] Ariel:     HP: 1390/1390 | EN: 87/136 | 22 DMG | 70 MIT | 4 ACC | 1 EVA | 1 KEEN | 8 FLN | 24 HLB

Sahagin#1: 739/1000 HP | 201 DMG
Sahagin#2: 757/1000 HP | 201 DMG
Sahagin#3: 757/1000 HP | 201 DMG
Sahagin#4: 757/1000 HP | 201 DMG

ID#133670  BD: 10 (Crit!, KEEN proc)
Sword Art: Weeping Moon
x9(22+5+2) =261 DMG @Sahagin#1

ID#133671  BD: 8 (5+4+1, KEEN proc)
x9(22+5) =243 DMG @Sahagin#1

ID#133672  BD: 7 (4+4-1, KEEN proc)

ID#133673  BD: 7 (4+4-1, KEEN proc)

"Thanks," Cordelia said stiffly, giving the girl a small smile as she sheathed her katana. She looked over to the crowd and sighed. "I guess they do, huh?" She mumbled, scratching the back of her neck as she looked at at crowds of people that seemed a little bit too excited.

"Now let's reward them for their arduos feat with a. . . BONUS ROUND!

"Hah?" She asked out loud just as the gates around the duo opened up to reveal mobs she had yet seen before. "I call bull[doo-doo]," she hissed through gritted teeth, unsheathing her katana with an irritated sigh. "First a big ass rhino and now freakin' man lizard things?" She asked to herself, giving a short and bitter laugh. "My day just keeps on getting better and better."

"The boss raid, huh?" She murmured, glancing at Ariel from the corner of her eye before she turned her attention back to the sahagins. "Don't worry about it, they'd have to be pretty damn lucky to be able to hit me, and I can take a couple of hits from a lizard," she mumbled, shaking her head. 

As soon as Ariel had finished her rotational attack, Cordelia lunged at the quartet of creatures, her sword emitting a bright light as she pressed her palm against the duller side of the blade, rotating her body to give each of the sahagins a flurry of slices across the chest.

Spoiler

ID: 133689
BD: 6 | 16x8=128 739-128=611
MD: 7-4=3, Miss

ID: 133690
BD: 6 | 16x8=128 757-128=629
MD: 4, Miss

ID: 133691
BD: 10 [+2][+4] | 16+6=22x8=176 757-176= 581
MD: 2, Miss

ID: 133692
BD: 2+5=7, Success | 16x8=128 757-128=629
MD: 8-5=3, Miss

Sahagin#1: 611/1000 HP | 201 DMG
Sahagin#2: 629/1000 HP | 201 DMG
Sahagin#3: 581/1000 HP | 201 DMG
Sahagin#4: 629/1000 HP | 201 DMG

[1/1/2/1] Cordelia:  HP: 720/720 | EN: 29/72 | 16 DMG | 32 MIT | 5 ACC | 5 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 KEEN | 4 HLY
[2/1/1/1] Ariel: HP: 1390/1390 | EN: 87/136 | 22 DMG | 70 MIT | 4 ACC | 1 EVA | 1 KEEN | 8 FLN | 24 HLB

Ariel watched as @Cordelia outmaneuvered all the attacks aimed at her keeping the rhythm with the blonde sage. "Guess I worried to much, you seem more nimble than me." she added with a smile. "Let's just say that my memories with their type, isn't the best. Everytime we were close to finishing their boss, they would swarm out in the battlefield and prevent us from touching it while it healed." Ariel allowed herself a moment to look up then gritted her teeth as she continued. "And that damn constant rain..." she muttered while shielding her eyes from the sunny weather they had at the moment. This wasn't good, these mobs brought back memories Ariel was better off ignoring. 

Again, she found herself shaking her head, casting them back to whatever forgotten corner they were before. She let out a long breath, calming herself before she readied her blade again. "They just look alike, these are much more weaker." she added before spinning herself again with her weapon. She was pleased to see her weapon momentarily glister darkness, the next moment one of the mobs started being consumed by said darkness.

[Combat]:

Spoiler

[1/1/2/1] Cordelia:  HP: 720/720 | EN: 29/72 | 16 DMG | 32 MIT | 5 ACC | 5 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 KEEN | 4 HLY
[3/2/2/2] Ariel: HP: 1390/1390 | EN: 71/136 | 22 DMG | 70 MIT | 4 ACC | 1 EVA | 1 KEEN | 8 FLN | 24 HLB

Sahagin#1: 341/1000 HP | 201 DMG
Sahagin#2: 431/1000 HP | 201 DMG
Sahagin#3: 383/1000 HP | 201 DMG
Sahagin#4: 431/1000 HP | 201 DMG

ID#133694  BD: 10 (7+4+1, FLN proc)
x9(22+8) =270 DMG @Sahagin#1

ID#133695  BD: 8 (3+4+1)
x9(22) =198 DMG @Sahagin#2

ID#133696  BD: 7 (2+4+1)
x9(22) =198 DMG @Sahagin#3

ID#133697  BD: 8 (3+4+1)
x9(22) =198 DMG @Sahagin#4

"Sounds horrible," she replied under her breath, shaking her head. She wasn't at the level to be considered a frontliner yet. . . but just hearing about what they had to go through for the last floor boss made shivers go down her spine. 

She looked back towards the sahagins and pursed her lips. It was certainly an odd choice to have on a floor like this, weren't these things supposed to be water amphibians or something like that? She shook her head and sighed. Now wasn't really the time to start thinking about how the game's logic worked!

She nodded her head to Ariel, sighing in relief. At least they weren't the same mobs used during the boss fight. . . she wouldn't know what would happen if she were to encounter those, especially at her level right now.

The girl raced after the sahagins, her katana once again flashing a bright light as she activated another AoE attack-- which have surprisingly been doing very well lately. She hasn't missed many of her attacks so far!

Spoiler

ID: 133702
BD: 4+5=9, Success | 16x8=128 DMG 341-128=213
MD: 8-1=7, Hit | 201-70= 131 1390-131= 1259

ID: 133703
BD: 9 [+1 DMG] [+4 DMG] 16+5=21x8= 168 431-168=263
MD: 4, Miss

ID: 133704
BD: 5+5=10, Success | 16x8=128 DMG 383-128-255
MD: 6-5=1, Miss

ID: 133705
BD: 2+5=7, Success | 16x8=128 DMG 431-128=303
MD: 8-5=3, Miss

Sahagin#1: 323/1000 HP | 201 DMG
Sahagin#2: 263/1000 HP | 201 DMG
Sahagin#3: 225/1000 HP | 201 DMG
Sahagin#4: 303/1000 HP | 201 DMG

[2/3/3/2] Cordelia:  HP: 720/720 | EN: 14/72 | 16 DMG | 32 MIT | 5 ACC | 5 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 KEEN | 4 HLY
[3/2/2/2] Ariel: HP: 1259/1390 | EN: 71/136 | 22 DMG | 70 MIT | 4 ACC | 1 EVA | 1 KEEN | 8 FLN | 24 HLB

They were definitely weaker and less organized. She felt a small sense of retribution for what happened back then as her blade ran through all of then, depleting their HP pools to barely any visible red bars. She clicked her tongue in annoyance with a audible 'tsk', frustration building up inside her. She closed her eyes and forced herself to breath through her mouth, in a attempt to calm down her battle drive. She wasn't allowed to get hot headed again. Cordelia should be able to finish most, if not all with her next attack. Whatever stranglers were left after she would handle them. She had to think ahead of that with at least one step.

Glancing at their status bars, they've spend quite some energy, having fought in the colosseum for a while, against arguably hard mobs with barely any damage taken. Why the extra round? when she fought alone, there was nothing else after the winner announcement and she could leave with no problem. Why now?

"Something isn't right!" she said more to herself, but loud enough for her combat partner to potentially hear.

[Combat]:

Spoiler

[2/3/3/2] Cordelia:  HP: 720/720 | EN: 14/72 | 16 DMG | 32 MIT | 5 ACC | 5 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 KEEN | 4 HLY
[4/3/4/3] Ariel: HP: 1259/1390 | EN: 55/136 | 22 DMG | 70 MIT | 4 ACC | 1 EVA | 1 KEEN | 8 FLN | 24 HLB

Sahagin#1: 125/1000 HP | 201 DMG
Sahagin#2:  65/1000 HP | 201 DMG
Sahagin#3:  18/1000 HP | 201 DMG
Sahagin#4: 105/1000 HP | 201 DMG

ID#134034  BD: 8 (4+4, KEEN proc.)
Weeping Moon - x9(22) =198 DMG @Sahagin#1

ID#134035  BD: 9 (5+4, KEEN proc.)
Weeping Moon - x9(22) =198 DMG @Sahagin#2

ID#134036  BD: 9 (Crit!, KEEN proc.)
Weeping Moon - x9(22+1) =207 DMG @Sahagin#3

ID#134037  BD: 7 (3+4, KEEN proc.)
Weeping Moon - x9(22) =198 DMG @Sahagin#4

Cordelia let out a tired and annoyed sigh as she dashed in for another AoE attack that should be able to wipe them all out. She swore to God that if she missed even one of these things, she was going to throw a bloody fit. 

"Something isn't right!

"Huh?" Cordelia muttered out loud, almost losing her focus and footing but she regained it just time to deliver a horizontal slash to each and every one of the sahagins. A screech erupted from each and every one of the just before the reared back and burst into the air. Roars of cheers erupted from the crowd around the two players, making her scoff under her breath before shaking her head. So damn annoying. 

She swore that if she had to fight another group of these damn things, she was going to kill every last one of those spectators. That definitely wasn't a joke.

Spoiler

ID: 134221
BD: 2+3+2[KEEN]=7, Hit

ID: 134222
BD: 10, Hit

ID: 134223
BD: 3+3=6, Hit

ID: 134224
BD: 10, Hit

Sahagin#1: 0/1000 HP | 201 DMG
Sahagin#2: 0/1000 HP | 201 DMG
Sahagin#3: 0/1000 HP | 201 DMG
Sahagin#4: 0/1000 HP | 201 DMG

LOOT:

Spoiler

Sahagin #1: +3000 Col
ID: 134225
LD: 8 +2000 Col
CD: 12 +2000 Col
+1000 Col
[1] T3 Rare Trinket

Sahagin #2: +3000 Col
ID: 134226
LD: 2 +2000 Col
CD: 5 +2 T3 Mats

Sahagin #3: +3000 Col
ID: 134227
LD: 18 +2000 Col
CD: 7 +2 T3 Mats
[1] T3 Rare Consumable
[1] T3 Rare Armor/Shield

Sahagin #4: +3000 Col
ID: 134228
LD: 14 +2000 Col
CD: 4 +2000 Col
[1] T3 Rare Weapon
[1] T3 Uncommon Consumable

TOTAL:
24,000 Col
[2] T3 Mats
[1] T3 Rare Trinket [134225]
[1] T3 Rare Consumable [134227]
[1] T3 Uncommon Consumable [134228B]
[1] T3 Rare Weapon [134228A]

Once Cordelia finished off the sahagins, the blonde didn't immediately replied but waited to see or better said, hear what the announcer ahd to say next. After several almost eternal seconds, when she was about to give up, his voice once again boomed throughout the Colosseum. "What a formidable display! A big round of applause for our champions!" the announcer claimed once again, his disembodied voice reverberating through the ground itself. "How long can these heroes go on!" cold sweat ran through the blonde as she expected him to introduce another round of mobs. She looked at their health, while they we're doing okay in that area their energy reserve was running low. She instinctively started looking for an escape route.

"But before we can continue, let's take a short break! Let our gladiators rest until we prepare the stage for their next challenge!" he announce, the blonde letting out the breath she'd been holding without realizing. "...ttaku!" after a long sigh she continued: "For a second I thought he's say 'Another bonus round!' " She looked around, people began fiddling around and one of the iron exit gates opened near them. "How about we rest a bit there." Ariel pointed at a small isolated table outside the arena, she'd explain her concern away from prying eyes and ears.

TL Note: '...ttaku!' - jap. abbreviation for 'mattaku'. (in this context) used as a light curse similar to "jeez".

+30 HP | OOC Regen
+45 HP | Survival
+1 EN

Cordelia:  HP: 720/720 | EN: 0/72 | 16 DMG | 32 MIT | 5 ACC | 5 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 KEEN | 4 HLY
Ariel: HP: 1334/1390 | EN: 56/136 | 22 DMG | 70 MIT | 4 ACC | 1 EVA | 1 KEEN | 8 FLN | 24 HLB

Cordelia's face dropped. They weren't seriously expecting them to fight even more, were they? She looked over to Ariel, who seemed to have the same slight panic that she was having.

An audible sigh of relief escaped from her when the announcer said that they were going to be given a short break. "Yeah, me too," she replied with a frown, following after Ariel with an irritated sigh. That didn't really change the fact that they still wanted her and Ariel to keep fighting those sahagin thing.

"We should probably get out while we still can," Cordelia mumbled, shooting a feverish glance at the numerous guards and NPCs that occupied this stupid Colosseum. "You think we could make it out of here by then? I'm not really looking forward to fighting another group of. . . those things," she whispered, leaning in to Ariel as she frowned.

She had better things to do, okay?

The blonde listened to her words and nodded, after a few cautious glances around them she leaned forwards and muttered in a low voice: "To be honest, this hasn't happened the first time I was here. I left after defeating the rhino with only the crowd's cheer behind me. No extra rounds and certainly no random 'announcer' that seems to be pulling the strings around here." Ariel wasn't sure what to make of it herself, it wouldn't be the first time the Cardinal decided to modify the questline. Maybe this was the price there was to be paid for doing it as a party.

The blonde then leaned back and casually looked around the place, past the guards, searching for possible escape routes. She pointed at Cordelia's energy bar while speaking her mind. "You still need some time to recover so open conflict is off the table. Probably the reason we got a pause." she unconsciously began tapping her right index fingernail softly against the table surface. "We didn't have any intel on those creatures before the boss fight, seems oddly suspicious to me for them to appear now. Give me a second.

She rose from the table and began walking around, like a tourist visiting a new place, ignoring the looks from the nearby guards. She peeked inside the arena to see what they we're preparing for them. Her eyes momentarily widened then she banished the surprise with a frown, returning back to the table she sat down once more and pulled out a piece of paper, writing some details on it.

Her past scouting experience alongside her skills made her quickly assess the threat and plan for an escape route. "We won't survive that place with just the two of us." she muttered at @Cordelia "Do you have the Sprint and Acrobatics mod?" her look fixed at a wall nearby with some vines that lead to a open window in the fortifications. "You should be able to make it even with Athletics."

ID# 134858  LD: 17+9 Advanced Dungeon Found!
Used <<[T3] Blank Dungeon Map>> to save the location.
Acquired <<[T3] Advanced Dungeon Map#134858>>

Cordelia nodded her head and sighed. What was up with game developers changing [doo doo] midway through a game?

She watched Ariel leave the table and started walking around before she closed her eyes and groaned. Man, Hynes did not give her any of this new info when he talked about this quest. What was up with that? Not once did her ever mention anything about these sahagin things, because it would be pretty effing helpful if he did! 

"I just got Athletics," she mumbled, glancing at the wall Ariel had been eyeing, her gaze trailing up the rope of vines that hung on the side of it. "I guess I can try. . ?" She muttered, shrugging her shoulders. What? Did you really expect to have done this before? She's still a stuck up rich kid on the inside, damn! She wouldn't even have the balls to try this out if it weren't for Ariel suggesting it.

• 4 weeks later...

"Alright," she mumbled, equipping her weapon as she got ready to scale the wall. 

"I. . . I suppose I'll meet you on the other side then?" She asked, giving Ariel a brief smile before she nodded. 

"Here we go!" She exclaimed, backing up a few steps before she dashed forward. Frankly, it scared her. Especially to be scaling a wall at this height. And frankly, she was glad that this was her first time ever doing something like this. God knows how many players do this on a regular basis. 

Her boots collided with the stone brick wall as she grabbed hold of the strangely sturdy vines that scaled up it. Heh, thanks Mother Nature! 

Alright. Now. . . Now she just had to climb. A wall. Yeah, that didn't sound too hard. Not hard at all! It's not like how she was basically defying all the laws of physics and logic altogether or anything.

Okay. Okay. Okay. 

She was only a quarter way there. That's not bad. Not bad at all! 

She absolutely refused to look down, so trying to see if Ariel was catching up with her was totally out of the quest, but heck, with her skill level, Cordelia wouldn't be surprised if she was already halfway back to the town. 

Cordelia let out a long sigh. Never would she have ever thought she would be scaling up the walls of a colosseum. Well, she can check that off the good ol' bucket list now, huh?

Her gloved hands gripped around the vines as she gritted her teeth. Climbing was a lot more energy zapping than she thought it would be. She let out a tired exhale, momentarily stopping in her tracks before she started to scale the wall once again. 

She chuckled. "Oh, I'm definitely in danger," she muttered, shaking her head.

"Holy [doo-doo]!" She screamed as an arrow lodged its way into the wall next to her. Her head swerved as she tried to locate her pursuer. In a game of swords and only swords, she was about to call bull[doo-doo]. 

"Watch where you're aiming that thing!" She screeched to no one in particular as she focused back on her climbing. Yeah, yeah. She needed to get out of here fast. No way was she going to get shot down like some kind of duck.

Using the last few bits of her energy, she drove herself up the wall, her heels clanging almost rhythmically as she literally defied gravity and logic. 

"Almost. . . there. . !" She exclaimed, seeing the top of the colosseum in her just as another arrow shot right next to her face. She gulped, her eyes widening for a quick second before she pushed on further.

"I'm. . . almost. . . so close!"

"And jump!" She exclaimed, seeing that she had quite literally run out of wall to run on. 

Cordelia let out a small shriek as she went airborne. "Oh, [doo-doo], there's fall damage!" She screamed, watching as gravity of all things started to bring her back down.

By now, she was well on the other side of the walls but holy [doo-doo], she was going to die. 

"Heck, heck, heck!" She shouted frantically. As she fell, she noticed a vine tendril still flowing loosely beside her. "Oh hey there," she mumbled before internally face palming. She shook her head and grabbed the sturdy vine and for a second, she almost faceplanted right into the other side of the wall. 

As she landed softly against the wall, she let out a relieved sigh. "Lord, I thought I was going to die. . ." She sighed as she slowly made her way back to the ground via vine rope thing. 

Huh, she wondered where Ariel went.