[PP-08] <<Ferocious Foe>> w/ Baldur

Information on the whereabouts of a series of quests soon popped up all throughout Aincrad, which of course would spark the attention of a certain platinum-haired girl.

"A bear, huh?" She mumbled, scratching her chin as she looked through the info of the quest. "I don't think I've ever been up against a bear before. It sounds exciting!" She exclaimed under her breath, closing the window as she grinned to herself.

Figuring that she might need some backup-- well, she just wanted some company. After soloing that damn king quest or whatever, she's been too pooped out to travel anywhere alone. She wasn't really a people person but it didn't mean that she didn't like at least being in the presence of people! Being alone while doing a quest just seemed so off to her now that it felt like taboo whenever she soloed a quest. She scrolled through her menu and deadpanned.

Damn, she didn't have many friends. Well, she supposed that most of them were high leveled enough to do this quest. . . so she guessed she'll just have to randomly pick one.

Spoiler

To: @Baldur

Hey, you want to try out one of these new quests with me? I'm on floor eight in Florenthia.

Spoiler

LVL: 40 | HP: 820/820 | EN: 80/80 | 14 DMG | 12 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 REC | 4 HLY

INVENTORY: 

☆ T2 Katana | Haunted Verdict: [Cursed] 4 HLY, 4 DMG
 T1 Light Armor | Bastille’s Resistance: +2 EVA, +1 PARA VNM
☆ T2 Jewelry | Mauve Kanzashi: +1 EVA, +2 REC

BATTLE READY:

☆ [5] Standard Healing Potions [Heals 50 HP]

CONSUMED:

SKILLS:

☆ R3 Accuracy Familiar Mastery: 3 ACC
☆ Disguise: [Gain +1 EVA until the start of your next turn]
☆ Survival: [Increases out of combat health regeneration to (15 * Tier) per post. Grants immunity to most damage dealing environmental
attacks/effects.]
☆ R1 Curved Sword Skill 
☆ R5 Katana Skill [+7 DMG/+1 BASE]
  > FEROCITY MOD: +1 DMG
☆ R3 Hiding Skill: +1 Stealth Rating
☆ R3 Light Armor Skill: 12 MIT
  > ATHLETICS MOD: +1 DMG, +20 HP

Baldur smiled when he heard the chime of a private message, and saw the small icon appear in the upper corner of his HuD. With a quick tap of the menu button, he pulled it up and saw that it was from Cordelia. The girl he had just met seemed to becoming a regular companion of his now. Perhaps it was after they had held hands so much, they had broken through some wall and become friends now.

Quickly, he pulled up the menu to send her a text back.

Hey there my hand holding buddy! You caught me just bear-ly in time. I was about to try one of those new quests myself, and there's a grizzly one on that floor! Is that what you had in mind?

Closing his interface, the samurai stood up and headed to the teleport plaze to head down and meet the girl.

"Hopefully she can bear my puns."

The gaijin samurai smiled.

Baldur Stats

Spoiler

» Baldur, The Gaijin Samurai

» Stats

• Base HP: 1290
  • Base EN: 126
  • Base MIT: 79
  • Base ACC: 3 (4 and does not automatically miss on 1s with Warden's Fury)
  • Base DMG: 19 (with fighting familiar)
  • Muramasa Base DMG: 22 (No bonus from familiar)
  • Base EVA: 3
  • Battle Heal: 52 HP
  • Search: 0

» Items Equipped:

• Warden's Fury - Absolute Accuracy/2 Paralyze
  • OR Muramasa - +12 Damage
  • Montsuki haori - 54 DMG MIT/+1 EVASION
  • Emerald Teardrop - +2 ACC/+1 EVASION
  • Hammerspace Backpack (HB) +1 BR item (allows stacks up to 7)

» Battle-Ready Inventory:

• Muramasa | Demonic Tier 3 Weapon | +12 Damage
  • Basic Teleportation Crystal x7 | Good Item | Teleports player to the Town of Beginnings
  • Max Mass HP Recovery Crystal x7 | Perfect T2 Item | +30*Target Tier (30/60/90)
  • Max T2 HP Recovery Crystal II x5 | Perfect T2 Item | +180 HP
  • Safeguard Potion x3 | Perfect Tier 1 | Safeguard
  • HB: Max Vitality Snack x2 | Rare Tier 2 | Grants +12 Energy
  • EWL: Medium Antidote Potion x1 | Rare Tier 2 | Immune to negative status effects for 2 turns
  • EWL: Medium Evasion Snack x1 | Rare Tier NA | Grants +2 evasion
  • EWL: Max Tier 2 Mitigation Potion x1 | Perfect Tier 2 | +30 MIT

» Skills:

• Searching | Rank 0/5 | +0 Bonus to LD, +0 to Stealth Detect
  • Battle Healing | 4 Rank | While in combat, recover 1% per rank (45HP) at the beginning of your turn
  • Charge | 5 ranks | +1 base damage per rank (+5 damage) once per opponent per combat
  • One Handed Curved Sword | Rank 1/5 | Novice
  • Katana | Rank 5/5 | Grand Master
  • Light Armor | 5 Rank | +25 Mitigation
  • Concentration | No Ranks | Gain +1 BD for a single attack | 5 Turn Cooldown
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter |  3 Ranks | +9 base damage (Does not stack with equipment)
  • Survival | Purchased |  Increases out of combat health regen to (15xTier) 45 per post
  • Extended Weight Limit | Purchased | Increases Battle Ready Inventory by 3
  • Parry | Purchased | 3 Turn Cooldown | 5 Energy | Reduces incoming damage by 50%

» Mods:

• Athletics: +1 DMG +30 HP
  • Katana Precision: +1 to Accuracy
  • Katana Ferocity: +1 damage on katana sword arts
  • Sprint & Acrobatics: +1 Evasion
  • Finesse: Rank 3 | -3 Energy cost to sword arts

@Cordelia

Edited by Baldur

Cordelia stared at the message box and almost threw up her breakfast. Wha-- Why? Why? That was the only question she had. Just. . . why? 

Spoiler

To @Baldur

Alright. . . don't take too long to get here! Hahaha.

She sniffed as she sent the message. Maybe she was regretting this decision. Maybe. She wasn't sure. . . if she should still wait for him-- no! That would be rude! . . . but it was worth it-- No! She sighed to herself and shook her head. She needed to complete this quest. . . so she supposed that she was supposed to have to bear through his puns. . . for now anyway. 

"Man, he's such a dad," she chuckled to herself, face palming as she let out a loose chuckle. 

She sighed, rubbing the back of her neck. Oh boy, what had she gotten herself into today. . ?

"Florenthia." Baldur said to the teleport plaza as he suddenly dissolved into light and was went down to the eighth floor of the tower. It had been a long time since he had been down there last. Still, this was a good quest line, and he was interested to see more from Cordelia. She had been a good teammate when it came to the event, and she was a fellow katana user which was always nice to see as well. He hadn't really thought much about it until he had bumped into her that he had been the only one for a very long time. The blue clad gaijin samurai stepped away from teleport monument once he had his bearings on the new floor and began to look around for the young girl.

"Ohayo, Cordelia-chan." Baldur said when he found her and gave her a slight bow in greeting. "Hopefully you've just been bearly waiting for me." his grin was slight, it was weak but as they got going on this quest, the puns would begin to flow.

"Do you know where we go from here to find the quest mob?"

She didn't know if she had ever been so disappointed in her life.

"Why are you like this?" She whispered for a brief second before she shook her head. "Yeah, it's. . . it's really not too far from here," she sighed, laughing softly under her breath before she nodded over to the town's exit. "So I assume you know which quest we're doing because of all of your. . . bear puns," she finished, shuddering to herself before she looked over to Baldur and deadpanned. "Please, if I die today it will be because of your puns."

"Anyway, the quest mobs should be deeper into the woods, but it probably won't be too hard to find. Since, y'know, it's a bear and all," she explained. As they walked farther and farther away from the town and closer and closer to the woods, she felt a shudder go through her again. Maybe it was looming dread of more possible bear puns? Or worse?

What was worse than bear puns?

"Why are you like this?" Baldur thought that he heard Cordelia say something, but he didn't quite catch what it was.

"Sorry, what was that?"

"Yeah, it's.... it's really not too far from here." And then she laughed lightly, and Baldur let whatever he had missed slide. It probably wasn't important.

She then told him that his puns would be the death of her.

"Don't say that, Cordelia, I'm sure you'll be able to grin and bear it." He tried really hard to grin like a fool at his own words, but the struggle was plain on his face, and the smile won out. He gestured with his head and they began to walk towards the forest outside of the village.

"Besides, what else would we do to entertain ourselves as we go hunting a for bear in the forest?" This time his grin was open as he walked in a relaxed manner through the exit of the safe zone that was the village. His left hand rested casually on the handle of his katana, almost as if they were more an arm rest, but his hand was capable of grabbing the saya at a moments notice. He wore the same two katana at his side, though Cordelia had seem use both before. The dark blade, <<Muramasa>>, and the light blade, <<Warden's Fury>>, seemed to be completely contrasting swords. They were a Yin and Yang at Baldur's side. The rest of the samurai was just as colorful. He wore a blue and white haori that hung down to his knees, the sky blue of the jacket and the white flames that licked upwards from the hem and the sleeves. The armor Baldur wore beneath was the color of the sunset, and around his neck was an emerald matagama for luck. The traditional Japanese garb was contrasted by the fact that it was a large, white gaijin who wore it, and yet he somehow managed to make it seem natural on his form, even as he towered over most people.

"Aren't you looking forward to being one of the first people to complete this quest with their own bear hands?"

Cordelia had completely zoned out after his first bear pun. Sometimes she question the person who invented puns. Like, why? Why would they do this to humanity? Why would they do this to the universe?

Her train of thought was interrupted by Pacco's sudden squawk. She blinked. Oh shoot- 

A massive bear barged in through the clearing Baldur and Cordelia had somehow found themselves in, standing almost proudly on its hind legs. "What the heck," she muttered, unsheathing her katana as Pacco raised his wings, hopping off of her shoulder and into the air. She looked over to Baldur and nodded. Alright, this was the bear they were supposed to be fighting!

She activated a San Ge and charged in for an attack, smirking to herself when she began to feel her holy enhancement proc. Her katana swerved at the bigger than average bear, bright light glowing from the blade. Somehow, just somehow, the bear had managed to evade her by a literal hair. 

Her face fell. She had never missed an enemy when her holy had activated before.

What the hell?

ID: 134640
BD: 10, Miss [+2 ACC and 15 DMG on Kumatetsu's next attack]

[0] Cordelia: HP: 720/720 | EN: 71/72 | 13 DMG | 5 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 KEEN | 4 HLY
[0] Baldur: ????

Kumatetsu: 300/300 | 75 DMG | 50 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA

Cordelia's familiar had apparently been the first one to spot the bear, which charged at them out of the foliage. Cordelia was the first to react, but as soon as Baldur laid his eyes on the bear, his sword began to glow. Drawing the blade and moving seamlessly into the pre-motion for <<San Ge>> Baldur let the <<Muramasa>> fly forward, the crimson bands of light blossoming around them as cut after cut flew into the bear, tearing apart its 3d model and revealing the wire-frame within it as the gaijin samurai bore down on it. With the power infused into his katana by the <<charge>> skill, Baldur's final attack, an overhead blow form the Jodan no kamai stance, split the devil bear in half, the <<Muramasa>> stopping just shy of the ground as the monster <<Kumatetsu>> suddenly exploded around them in a shower of glimmering, shining polygons.

"Oh..." Baldur said, almost surprised that he had killed the bear, "Uh... I guess he was lucky, you bearly missed him."

ID#134643 BD: 5+3-1+1-1 = 7 (hit)
Charge + San Ge = 22+5=27*15=405-50=355 DMG dealt

[0] Cordelia: HP: 720/720 | EN: 71/72 | 13 DMG | 5 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 KEEN | 4 HLY
[0] Baldur: HP1230/1230 | EN: 109/120 | MIT: 79 | DMG: 22 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | BH: 49 | BLD: 36 | Conc (0/3)

Kumatetsu: 300/300 | 75 DMG | 50 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA

Edited by Baldur

Cordelia gaped.

What. The. Hell. 

At this point, she didn't even bother to acknowledge his bear puns, but she did acknowledge the ridiculous damage he did. Holy hell, even with charge, that seemed so much compared to what she could do. Almost two times of it, at least! 

"You're so lucky," she whined under her breath, sheathing her katana with a frown. 

"Well," she paused, rubbing the back of her neck with a sigh. "I honestly thought it would take more time to kill this thing but with that katana, I guess not," she mumbled, looking over to Baldur with a sheepish smile. "So what do you suggest we do now? We literally just got here. . . so yeah. I'm sure that we still have plenty of time to do something else, anyway."

She placed her hands on her hips just as Pacco landed back on her shoulder. He too, seemed just as disappointed by the lack of fighting that went on during this. . . 'battle'.

Baldur sheathed his katana with a chagrined smile on his face. After the blade was sheathed, he rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Yea... I kinda expected the fight to last a little longer too. If I knew he was going to die so quickly, I would have used my other katana." Baldur wasn't quite sure if that would have spared the bare being one shot either. The damage from the Muramasa was impressive, and allowed him to do quite a bit, but the damage wasn't that much more than he did regularly. Enough to give him an edge over others for sure, but not as much as something like Mac's sword proccing Holy damage and phase at the same time.

This is a little awkward. I had hoped the quest would be at least a little challenging. But that had been the case with all the quests... even the Fallen King hadn't been as challenging, because Baldur and Hikoru had had incredible luck and Baldur had crit almost every attack.

"Sorry about the quest. We bearly got to do anything and its over already. It kinda gives you paws about the rest of the quest chain. Honestly, when I one shot things it takes away the fun, and all that's left is a grizzly grind onto the next one."

"Well I feel bad for how the quest ended... I've got a dungeon map here though, are you game for going up to one of the high floors and trying out an easy dungeon with me? Should be decent rewards, and I feel like I've gypped you on a quest."

@Cordelia

Edited by Baldur

She swore that she was getting tic marks on her face. Why? Sweet lord, when will the pain end? When? When?! 

"Yeah, I'm down to do a dungeon." 

How was she going to survive this? No, she wasn't talking about the dungeon. She was talking about Baldur. How was she going to survive a dungeon when he was constantly making bear puns about everything? What-- what even sparked this? He wasn't like this last time she saw him. Did something tragic happen? Did she need to kill someone?

"Just don't carry me through the dungeon to hard," she added, rubbing the back of her nape with a wry laugh. Yeah, that would kind of suck. Though, she hoped that he wouldn't just let her do all the work so that she would feel some sort of pride. . . or whatever. Yeah, that would really suck, a lot. She sighed and nodded to him. "Yeah, lead the way, I guess?"

Baldur smiled and gestured for Cordelia to follow while he traced their way back to the teleportation plaza on the ninth floor. Once they were standing there, Baldur called out Paraneze, the settlement of the 24th floor, all while he searched through his inventory to activate his Pre-order bonus dungeon map. Once they rematerialized on the beautiful beach side city, Baldur immediately headed towards the gates and bridges like he knew where he was going.

"Alright, this is just a beginner dungeon, so it should mostly be a bunch of floor level mobs. Our AoE isn't great with Katana, but what I'll do it open with an AoE, and then you pick whichever one you want to fight. You'll pull aggo over me on the second strike, but you should be able to handle the damage they dish out, assuming they can even hit you."

Baldur looked around for the waypoint the map created for him and then headed off in that direction, with the floor map open in a corner of his vision.

"I'm gonna open with my Warden's Fury, so I won't do as much damage, but it'll ensure I hit all 4 of them and help keep you safe. Beyond that, I'll need your help killing them all or I might run out of energy."

He gave her a smile. The truth was he could probably handle the dungeon himself, but then, there was probably a 50% chance she could as well. They needed to build her confidence up. She could really be something some day, but then, that was really just based on Baldur's first impression of her. She seemed to have something against his puns, and he could only view that as a strike against her personality.

"Once the enemies show up, we'll move fast enough to break the soundBEARier." As they crossed another bridge, Baldur examined the map more carefully, "Sorry, Bear with me a moment while I figure out which bridges we need to take."

At that point, Baldur realized that the dungeon was actually one of the elevated tear drop shaped islands that rose up out of the water, and that there was a portal near them that would take them up there. Baldur gestured again for her to follow and he drew his sword before stepping through.

And it was a good thing he did, because they were immediately set-upon by four of the fishy people on this floor, but they wore rag tag armor, a design that seemed to imply they were bandits, but they wielded giant bone fish-hook swords that looked very nasty.

"Hajime!"

Baldur leapt into their midst, but was already surrounded. He took a deep breath, centering himself and <<Concentrating>> on the fight at hand, before activating his <<Amatsu no homura>> sword art, spinning the glimmering white and golden blade as he spun around the fight, cutting into each of the bandits which had set upon him. One he just barely hit, but he was able to follow up with a critical hit against the second. The rest were easy enough to line up and knock down.

"Go for that one, I just crit him." Baldur called to Cordelia, hopefully she still had time to pick a target before activating her sword art.

ID#135128 BD: 1+4 (Absolute Accuracy) +1(Concentration)
ID#135129 BD: 10 (Crit)(168 DMG dealt)
ID#135130 BD: 6+4 (Abs Accuracy) +1(Concentration)
ID#135131 BD: 5+4 (Abs Accuracy) +1(Concentration)

Amatsu no homura: 19*8=152 DMG Dealt, -5EN + -8 AOE, +1EN regen

Baldur  HP1330/1330 | EN: 118/130 | MIT: 79 | DMG: 19 | Absolute ACC: 4 | EVA: 3 | BH: 53 | Conc (0/3) | Parry (2/2) | QChange (3/3)
Cordelia  HP: 820/820 | EN: 80/80 | 14 DMG | 8 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 REC | 4 HLY

[1/0] Sag Bandit 1 HP: 688/840 | DMG 288 | MIT 0 | ACC 0 | EVA 0  
[2/0] Sag Bandit 2 HP: 672/840 | DMG 288 | MIT 0 | ACC 0 | EVA 0 PARALYZED!
[1/0] Sag Bandit 3 HP: 688/840 | DMG 288 | MIT 0 | ACC 0 | EVA 0 
[1/0] Sag Bandit 4 HP: 688/840 | DMG 288 | MIT 0 | ACC 0 | EVA 0 

Edited by Baldur

It was quite remarkable how she hadn't left yet. . . yet. 

Cordelia sighed. Yet another, what, ten minutes spaced out? Maybe her body has just adapted. She wasn't hearing his puns now so maybe her body knew? Or was she just weird?

Maybe she just went on autopilot.

Cordelia's brows raised when she realized she had been midway through stepping through the portal, nearly losing her footing in realization and falling flat on her face. "Holy shi--" she paused, blinking as she watched a group of mobs surround the two of them.

"Well tiddly doo, we're so fu--"

Oh right, she had a sword. Hah, forgot about that.

"Ah, right!" She exclaimed, unsheathing her katana as her eyes locked with that of the second Sag Bandit. Haunted Verdict swerved at the bandit before gauging out a small section on the mob's chest, though not enough to kill it-- gosh darn it.

☆-☆

ID#135141 BD: 6, Hit
15x14= 210 672-210= 462 HP

Baldur  HP1120/1330 | EN: 118/130 | MIT: 79 | DMG: 19 | Absolute ACC: 4 | EVA: 3 | BH: 53 | Conc (0/3) | Parry (2/2) | QChange (3/3)
Cordelia  HP: 820/820 | EN: 66/80 | 14 DMG | 8 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 REC | 4 HLY

ID: 135171
MD: 9, Hit [+1 DMG] 288+1=289-79= 210 1330-210= 1120

ID: 135172
MD: 5, Miss

ID: 135173

[1/0] Sag Bandit 1 HP: 688/840 | DMG 288 | MIT 0 | ACC 0 | EVA 0  
[2/1] Sag Bandit 2 HP: 462/840 | DMG 288 | MIT 0 | ACC 0 | EVA 0 PARALYZED!
[1/0] Sag Bandit 3 HP: 688/840 | DMG 288 | MIT 0 | ACC 0 | EVA 0 
[1/0] Sag Bandit 4 HP: 688/840 | DMG 288 | MIT 0 | ACC 0 | EVA 0 

Baldur turned to the Sahuagin Bandit that had bearly been hit by his blade, and decided to focus on him. He knew he could take them, and he knew they were all going to attack him, so he picked his poison. With on stunned, Baldur moved quickly to the side, placing his focus on the one right in front of him, and putting that fish creature between himself and the other two. No longer in their range, the other bandits missed their attack, but the first one landed a heavy blow on Baldur as he repositioned.

While the Sahuagin was still pulling its trident out from Baldur's midsection, the samurai brought his right hand up over his head where his left joined it with the blade pointing up into the air behind him like a shark fin, and then the man brought the blade down powerfully into the head of the amphibian. As it reeled back, Baldur stepped in the stance for <<San Ge>> and let the ability <<charge>> before he unleashed it. Unlike the crimson, almost blood red arcs of light that the <<Muramasa>>, the cursed blade, dealt.. Baldur's new weapon flashed with a brilliant white arc, tinged with the golden lightning of the enhancements it carried. This blade struck swift and true, letting no evil escape its edge.

The system carried Baldur through the motions of the sword art, causing the gaijin to become a whirling blur of blue and gold, with the white crashing onto his target like ocean waves. The Samurai had been hit so many times over his journey that he rarely reacted with pain, moving through the discomfort. They would win this fight, even if Baldur had to do it with his own bear hands.

ID#135322 BD: 3+4=7 (hit) | 19+5=24x15 = 360 Damage Dealt

Baldur  HP1173/1330 | EN: 107/130 | MIT: 79 | DMG: 19 | Absolute ACC: 4 | EVA: 3 | BH: 53 | Conc (1/3) | Parry (0/2) | QChange (0/3) +54 HP, -12 EN, +1 EN
Cordelia  HP: 820/820 | EN: 66/80 | 14 DMG | 8 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 REC | 4 HLY

[2/0] Sag Bandit 1 HP: 328/840 | DMG 288 | MIT 0 | ACC 0 | EVA 0  

Edited by Baldur

Cordelia blinked. Maybe he had someone background knowledge on sword fighting. . ? She didn't know. He seemed a bit too experienced to just be a random gamer. Was that concerning? Maybe, maybe not.

Realizing that it was her turn to attack, Cordelia launched herself forward, a pale white light emitting from her katana as she activated another single target attack. She pushed her katana ahead as she aimed for bandit with the lowest amount of HP, course, she'd have to be a tad bit lucky to manage to kill it.

Well, what did she expect?

To be lucky? Nah, nah. 

She mumbled a small curse under her breath as she retreated away from the bandits. Darn, it's no fun when she can't even proc her holy. . ! She was honestly going to be more than sad if it didn't proc didn't this fight, literally that was the only thing her weapon was good for! Only thing!

☆-☆

ID: 135326
BD: 8, Hit
MD: 2, Miss
14x15=210 328-210= 119

Bandit #3 Attack:
ID: 135327

Bandit #4 Attack:
ID: 135328
MD: 8-3=5, Miss

Baldur  HP1173/1330 | EN: 107/130 | MIT: 79 | DMG: 19 | Absolute ACC: 4 | EVA: 3 | BH: 53 | Conc (1/3) | Parry (0/2) | QChange (0/3) +54 HP, -12 EN, +1 EN
Cordelia  HP: 820/820 | EN: 52/80 | 14 DMG | 8 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 REC | 4 HLY

[2/1] Sag Bandit 1 HP: 119/840 | DMG 288 | MIT 0 | ACC 0 | EVA 0  

Cordelia came over to the fish that he was fighting and cleaved into him with her own San Ge attack, but was unable to finish it off with that white flash that her sword did occasionally. Holy Damage? Something else? What she did do, was open up the opportunity for Baldur to use another area of effect attack. He could kill this fish, hit all of them again, and increase his hate lead versus the others. It should also open them up more for Cordelia to be able to get closer to finish off more of them without risk.

"Well done! Go for the one I paralyzed and finish it off, I'll handle the other two until you do."

Spinning around to give himself some distance, he deftly doged their attacks once more, slipping through their attacks and out of range so that he could position himself for <<Amatsu no Homura>>. As he did, the system shot him forward once more, slashing each of the Sahuagin twice before returning to the position he started in, prepared for the next volley of attacks. There was always a pause at the end of executing a sword art, so Baldur strained against the system, ready to move into a guard position the instant it released him.

"One down, three to go! We got this!"

The steel eyes of the gaijin samurai seemed to sparkle. He wasn't afraid, he wasn't angry he was... enjoying himself?

ID#135332 MD: 2 (Sag Bandit 2 was missed in the previous post and goes before Baldur)

ID#135333 BD: 2+4=6 vs Bandit 1
ID#135334 BD: 3+4=7 vs Bandit 2
ID#135335 BD: 3+4=7 vs Bandit 3
ID#135336 BD: 2+4=6 vs Bandit 4

Amatsu no Homura 19x8=152 DMG dealt

Baldur  HP1227/1330 | EN: 97/130 | MIT: 79 | DMG: 19 | Absolute ACC: 4 | EVA: 3 | BH: 53 | Conc (1/3) | Parry (0/2) | QChange (0/3) +54 HP, -11 EN, +1 EN
Cordelia  HP: 820/820 | EN: 52/80 | 14 DMG | 8 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 REC | 4 HLY

[3/1] Sag Bandit 2 HP: 310/840 | DMG 288 | MIT 0 | ACC 0 | EVA 0 
[2/0] Sag Bandit 3 HP: 536/840 | DMG 288 | MIT 0 | ACC 0 | EVA 0 
[2/0] Sag Bandit 4 HP: 536/840 | DMG 288 | MIT 0 | ACC 0 | EVA 0 

Edited by Baldur

Cordelia nodded over to Baldur and charged after the second sag bandit, and God damn, the universe was not on her side today. At least she wasn't missing but still, what was the point of having a holy weapon if it was never going to proc, and as a future phase holy weapon, it's going to straight up do booty! 

Her blade bolted forward as she executed another San Ge,  the sharp edges slicing through the creature like a hot knife to butter. It let out a furious roar before it charged past her and straight towards Baldur. Heh, that made sense. 

She cursed under her breath as she hopped away, leaving the mob on a fraction of health left as clashed at the other player. She wasn't worried. He can probably kill it in his next AoE attack if he really wanted to. Speaking of Baldur. . . she glanced at the samurai from the corner of her eye and chuckled under her breath. He seemed more exhilarated to fight than she ever was. 

The girl let out a small grunt as she nodded again. "Right!" 

☆-☆

ID: 135387
BD: 8, Hit 14x15= 210 310-210= 100
MD: 10, Hit [+2 DMG] 288+2=290 1227-290= 937

ID:  135388

ID:  135389
MD: 3, Miss

Baldur  HP1227/1330 | EN: 97/130 | MIT: 79 | DMG: 19 | Absolute ACC: 4 | EVA: 3 | BH: 53 | Conc (1/3) | Parry (0/2) | QChange (0/3) +54 HP, -11 EN, +1 EN
Cordelia  HP: 820/820 | EN: 38/80 | 14 DMG | 8 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 REC | 4 HLY

[3/2] Sag Bandit 2 HP: 310/840 | DMG 288 | MIT 0 | ACC 0 | EVA 0 
[2/0] Sag Bandit 3 HP: 536/840 | DMG 288 | MIT 0 | ACC 0 | EVA 0 

The Sahuagin bandits hits weren't insignificant, but when his battle healing ticked in, they barely hurt him enough to worry. Maybe it was because they had to get pretty lucky before they could hurt him, but he could easily dispatch all of them. Still, it was good to have Cordelia here with him. With that many enemies to fight, they were bound to get in more and more lucky shots than if he was fighting them one on one. Baldur always made sure that he operated within an acceptable margin of error. He would never put himself nor Cordelia in any real danger. He had the tolls to overcome this if they needed, but he could finish them all off before they became a real threat to him.

"Let's see if we can get your sword to do its fancy thing again. Why don't you AoE this time, since I've got a <<hate>> lead!"

Once again, Baldur changed his position to redirect the 3 remaining bandits away from Cordelia and frustrate their position so that they were getting in their own way. Once again, one of them got a lucky shot off, but Baldur merely accepted the discomfort and turned to face the third of the Bandits. One of the ones who had mostly been unhit up until now.

<<San Ge>> made Baldur once more a whirlwind of color, the blade twirled in his hands, though the gaijin samurai could not be seen seeming to pause until all of the colors coalesced into his form once again as he brought the blade down onto the head of the Sahuagin, bisecting the monster in two as his foot stomped the ground with the power of his <<Charge>> and rupturing the ground around it.

"Ayah!" Baldur kiaied as he struck, sending the health bar down into red, and leaving Baldur at the ready to defend himself from whatever came next.

ID#135408 BD: 6+4-1=9
19+5=24*15= 360 DMG dealt

Baldur     HP991/1330 | EN: 85/130 | MIT: 79 | DMG: 19 | Absolute ACC: 4 | EVA: 3 | BH: 53 | Conc (1/3) | Parry (0/2) | QChange (0/3) +54 HP, -12 EN, +1 EN
Cordelia  HP: 820/820   | EN: 38/80   | 14 DMG | 8 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 REC | 4 HLY

[3/2] Sag Bandit 2 HP: 310/840 | DMG 288 | MIT 0 | ACC 0 | EVA 0 
[3/0] Sag Bandit 3 HP: 176/840 | DMG 288 | MIT 0 | ACC 0 | EVA 0 

Edited by Baldur

"I don't think that I'm going to get lucky--" Cordelia called back as she swerved to the side to activate a sword art she didn't favor all too much. "Plus, the multiplier on this sword art is pretty crappy!" She hollered, periodically chopping her way through the fish creatures with her katana, and guess what. No holy proc! What does she even expect anymore. . .

"Knew it," she sang softly under her breath once she had made her way through them all. "Maybe I should just get a damage weapon instead of a holy one," she muttered, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear as she looked up with a small frown. "I'd probably be doing more constant damage that way."

"Oh shi--" She yelped, bolting sideways as a sahagin charged at her, only to completely miss and go after Baldur instead. . . or maybe that was just the intention? She shrugged her shoulders. "Oh wait, shi--" 

☆-☆

ID: 135409
BD: 4+3=7, Hit | 8x14=112 310-112= 198
MD: 2, Miss

ID: 135410
BD: 7, Hit | 8x14=112 176-112=64

ID: 135411
BD: 6, Hit | 8x14=112 536-112=424
MD: 10, Hit [+2 DMG] 188+2=190 991-190= 801

Baldur     HP801/1330 | EN: 85/130 | MIT: 79 | DMG: 19 | Absolute ACC: 4 | EVA: 3 | BH: 53 | Conc (1/3) | Parry (0/2) | QChange (0/3) +54 HP, -12 EN, +1 EN
Cordelia  HP: 820/820   | EN: 25/80   | 14 DMG | 8 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 REC | 4 HLY

[3/3] Sag Bandit 2 HP: 198/840 | DMG 288 | MIT 0 | ACC 0 | EVA 0 
[3/1] Sag Bandit 3 HP: 64/840 | DMG 288 | MIT 0 | ACC 0 | EVA 0 
[2/1] Sag Bandit 4 HP: 424/840 | DMG 288 | MIT 0 | ACC 0 | EVA 0 

Baldur pivoted, he caught in the corner of his eye that he was kiting one of the Sahuagin too far, and it looked like it was about to go for Cord, so instead Baldur rushed back into the middle of them. Instead of attacking the young girl, it stabbed Baldur through the side, but the samurai didn't stop, running into the fish creature with his shoulder and grappling the staff of the trident with the handle of his blade so he could throw the creature over his shoulder and into the middle of the other two. This lined them up perfectly for Baldur to launch into another <<Amatsu no Homura>>. He had hoped that he would take out two of them, but he seemed to misjudge how much HP they had left, or the damage that this sword did versus the <<Muramasa>>.

As Baldur once more became a blur, criss crossing through the sahuagin as his blade sliced through them in white and gold arcs of light, until one of them shattered into thousands of illuminated polygons, flicking through all the colors of the rainbow as they rained down on the rest of them.

"You get one, I'll get the other!"

He couldn't believe that that Bandit had barely survived his attack.

Baldur     HP801/1330 | EN: 75/130 | MIT: 79 | DMG: 19 | Absolute ACC: 4 | EVA: 3 | BH: 53 | Conc (3/3) | Parry (0/2) | QChange (0/3) +54 HP, -11 EN, +1 EN
Cordelia  HP: 820/820   | EN: 25/80   | 14 DMG | 8 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 REC | 4 HLY

Amatsu no Homura 19*8= 152 DMG Dealt

[4/3] Sag Bandit 2 HP: 46/840 | DMG 288 | MIT 0 | ACC 0 | EVA 0 -- ID#135413 BD: 7+4 (hit)
[4/1] Sag Bandit 3 HP: 64/840 | DMG 288 | MIT 0 | ACC 0 | EVA 0  -- ID#135414 BD: 6+4 (hit)
[4/1] Sag Bandit 4 HP: 276/840 | DMG 288 | MIT 0 | ACC 0 | EVA 0  -- ID#135415 BD: 5+4 (hit)

Edited by Baldur