[F1 - PP] Dragon Hunters on the run <<Dragon Hunter Anthology - Dragon Hunt 1: the Emerald Hatchling>>

Spoiler

<<Dragon Hunter Anthology - Dragon Hunt 1: the Emerald Hatchling>>

This quest takes place on Floor 1.

This quest can be repeated for no additional rewards.

You must complete this boss before fighting any further dragons in the DHA Series.

=----=

After a while in being in SAO more bosses we’re only going to be discovered in a amount of time… however, recently a group of information brokers hired some explorers to check out a mysterious castle that had appeared on floor 10, on arrival they couldn’t get in no matter how hard they tried… not even Aincrad’s best Scout could get in. And on the door there are 9 crystal slots, which presumably you needed 9 specific gems to get in, then miraculously they had found a dragon protecting an emerald in the plains of floor 1, it was said that the dragon hatched not too long ago and no matter what they tried they couldn’t get the Emerald from the dragon. They ask of you for help, maybe collecting all 9 will meet in grand fortune?

=---=

=-=

rxaM5cieUWVjqzwySIutgV7mCT25cGZOWwsb9UQO

Rhaegal - the Emerald Hatchling

HP: 125 - MIT: 25 - ACC: 0 - EVA: 0 - DMG: 50

Abilities:

<<Screech>> On a LD roll of 17+ when this boss attacks, this boss will let out a piercing wail that somehow freezes the player in place, removes all evasion properties.

=---=

Recommended Level: 10

Post Limit: 1 Page (20+)

=---=

Rewards:

1 SP - 500 Col (Split between each player)

<Rhaegal’s Emerald> [Vanity Quest Item] : 1 of 9, collect all 9 and meet whom that waits before you, only then will you get the grand prize.

It had been a while since he last saw Mari when she stormed into his shop with Bahr, she had been arrested, but the arrest did not last long and Macradon was able to get her free … but now was not the time to think about freedom, now was the time to think about level up, Mari had to level up if she wanted to clear the Redemption quest, if would be for the best if she could reach Tier 3 and utilize the power spike that came with the tier increase, that would be the ideal plan, but probably not what was going to happen, since nothing ever goes as planned, there’re always unseen variables that get in the way of a plan’s completion, for now the only variable they had to tackle was the level Mari was in.

Hey Mari,

I’ve got a few quests in mind if you want to clear them, they’ll net you some SP and you can get closer to completing Redemption. Meet me outside the northern gates of the Town of Beginnings, we can go towards the quest field boss there, should be an easy starter.

He sent the message to Mari and prepared himself. He would don his armor and equip his weapon, ready to take on whatever would come in their way. Venturing out of his house and onto the streets of the Town of Beginnings, Macradon would make sure to send the quest details for Mari as well so she knew what they were up against, hopefully not discouraging her at first.

< Yui's Grace consumed >

Stats

Spoiler

Macradon - Lvl 84
1725 HP
183 Energy
2 Accuracy
0 Evasion
19 Base Damage
 (31 w/ Holy)
- (1 Base +7 Skill +1 Athletics +9 Familiar +1 Ferocity)
107 Mitigation 
- (35 Skill + 72 Armor)

Items
Blade of the Dictator ............ // +12 Holy Damage, Phase
Silverlight ...................... // +72 Mitigation, 36 Frost Thorn(21 on a Crit), 6 Freeze damage(2 turns)
Templar's Necklace ............... // +6 Recovery, +1 Accuracy

Belphegor - Familiar ............. // +9 Damage

Battle Ready Inventory
Empty inventory slot ............. //

Buffs
Rested ........................... // -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat.
Filling .......................... // Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed .......................... // Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Deposit ...................... // +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.
Yui's Grace ...................... // +1 SP upon completion of thread.

Skills
Two Handed Straight Sword  | Rank 5: +7 Damage
Heavy Armor                | Rank 5: +35 Damage Mitigation
Searching                  | Rank 5: +5 LD. +5 Stealth Detection
Battle Healing             | Rank 5: Heal 5%(85) HP each post In-Battle
Fighting Spirit            | +1 Hate generation
Gatherer                   | Obtain additional materials after a successful out of combat gathering based on a natural CD result.
Hiding                   | Rank 5: +5 Stealth roll
Extended Mod Limit       | Rank 2: +3 Mod Slots
Parry                    | Reduce incoming damage by 50%(rounded down)
Energist                 | Add 5xTier(15) Energy to your max pool
Charge                   | Rank 4: +4 on Initial hit

Disguise                   | +1 to your BD and +1 to your opponent’s BD
Survival                   | Heal 45 HP when out of battle
Familiar Mastery: Fighter  | Rank 3: +9(Tier x Rank) Damage
Meditation                 | Recover 3xTier(15) energy with post action. Recover 2xTier(10) energy if you are hit before your next round

Skill Mods
Precision                  | +1 Accuracy
Athletics                  | +1 Damage, +45 Health
Ferocity                   | Increases Base Damage by 1
Finesse                    | Rank 3: Decreases Energy Cost of attacks by 3
Reveal                     | +2 LD when searching for dungeons and labyrinths. You may also search for a sub-dungeon or labyrinth once every 15 posts (instead of 20)
Surprise Attack          | Cannot miss from stealth. +1xTier(3) base damage on first attack
Vengeful Riposte         | Return 50% of damage(mitigatable) to target
Justified Riposte        | Stun attacker for 1 turn
Vanish                   | In combat post action to stealth. Free action in combat to stealth if mob has been slain

Tracking                   | Allows the user to track a previously-encountered monster, NPC, or other player. Negates all bonuses to the target’s Stealth Rating. After tracking, your first attack against the tracked creature cannot miss. Cannot be used in combat

Mari was surprised to hear from Macradon, the last time she had met him it was under...less than ideal circumstances - she had been an unwitting prisoner of Bahr - who had taken her to to the red eyed blacksmiths store - demanding she be punished for her crimes and sins - and Mari was honestly...ready to face them. She had since then tried reaching out to others but with little success. The orange haired woman was wondering if she would be trapped in some sort of karmic isolation.

She was on the 10th floor when she got his message - and she had quickly replied;

That sounds good. I was planning on each one as a solo.
I will meet you just outside The Town of Beginnings.

STATS

LV 46 | 940HP | 92 Energy |DMG 11 | EVA 3 | MIT 25 | ACC 4 | SAVVY 1

Rank 5 Weapon (+5 DMG)
Weapon Mod: Precision (+1 ACC)
Rank 3 Charge (+3 Damage -1 ACC)
Charge Mod BULL RUSH: Successful charge stuns target 1 turn
Rank 5 Light Armor (+25 MIT)

EQUIPPED

Name: Kusanagi | Item Type: Dagger | Tier: 2
Enhancements: Bleed II / Damage II (24 DAM 2 Turns on a roll of 8-10)

Name: Coat of a Husk| Item Type: Light Armor Tier:1
Enhancements: +
2 EVA, +1 SAVVY

Name: Beacon Necklace | Item Type: Trinket | Tier: 1
Enhancements: +3 ACC

BATTLE READY  
5 Healing Potions (50 HP) | Matriachs Stinger +1 Dam | 3 x Homemade Pizza Rolls + 3 LD

And with that message sent the orange haired PKer was off - she didn't have much in terms of armour, but she had picked up a trinket from Night which helped boost her evasion and accuracy. Something Mari sorely needed. So her attire would have looked rather simple for someone on the cusp of Tier 3. Mari wore an oversized black jumper that hung just above her knees, and black boots. Around her neck was a pendant with a pink triangle at its center. Her dagger safely stowed away on the hem of her shorts.

She did not look like she was ready for battle. But she was.

Mari had made her way down to the first floor, and was sitting on a boulder outside the safe zone. It was along the path and if Macradon followed it out - he'd quickly spot her. She wrinkled her freckled nose as she looked through the quests that were available on this floor. What was he planning on taking her on?

@Macradon

Setting foot outside of the Town of Beginnings, Macradon would stand battle ready, clad in armor from head to toe. His intimidating statue would shield off people from approaching him, his darkened edgy armor didn’t help in that regard, the only thing that made him look somewhat approachable was the silver plates placed on top of his dark armor, but that only clashed with everything else like an eye sore. Shrugging his appearance and people’s perception of it, Macradon would doff his helmet when he spotted Mari. Helmet under his arm and the other arm up in the air waving, Macradon would try to grab the attention of the ginger. He wouldn’t just stand still but approach Mari as well “So there’s this quest line I think would be a good idea to do, it’s very easy at the start and ramps up over the course of each monster slain. We’re going dragon hunting!” the knight said with a smile, “I’ve slain the first dragon once already, but it was boring to do alone, so I figured it would be best for us to do it in tandem so you can get some levels under your belt.” he added.

@Mari

Mari never really felt like smiling, but Macardon's was infectious. It felt...somewhat nice to have someone else reach out to her for once, asking to go on a quest - a sincere attempt to aid her. (Aside from Ronnel, who sent her a good 5 messages about Boars)

Her lips curled up into a smile as she tilted her head up to see him. "Dragons?" Her blue eyes shifted to glance over to the expanse ahead of them. "I don't think I've ever seen Dragons on the First Floor before... not that I've exactly gone looking for them still..." Mari stood and arched her back to stretch. "It's better than picking flowers or killing Nepents."

The ginger haired woman gave a halfhearted slap against Macradon's armour with the back of her hand. "Looks like you're all dressed up and ready to go though." She stepped back and held her arms out, presenting herself. "I may not look it, but I am as ready as I can be." 

Mari lowered her arms as she opened up her HUD - "Hmm..." She sent him a party request. "Since you've done this before I'm at your mercy. Lead the way, Tin Can Man."

@Macradon

Macradon nodded “Let’s get going then!” he said and began walking through the plains of the first floor “I never actually thought there were dragons here on the first floor either, the only time I had encountered wild dragon as monster spawns on floor were on the 2nd floor and the 24th floor, but as the dragon, if you can even call it that, on this floor isn’t really a dragon, it’s a hatchling, a wyrmling. We just wait for it to hatch and then step on it until it dies. Sounds cruel, and it is, but it’s just another NPC mob we have to slay.” he said, stepping on it was probably not the best use of words, but it would’ve been just as bad as slicing it up to bits, both would end up with the same end result though. “Lead the way, Tin Can Man." Mari told him “Well, if that’s the case … do you know where I can get a heart? I don’t feelings.” he said in a kind of robotic voice to play on with the joke.

@Mari

Mari followed Macradon, walking alongside him - as usual the first floor was forever cursed with a bright sunny day and gentle breezes that tickled the skin. Mari tapped her sides, fidgeting. Should she say something? "So uh...you're still engaged right? How's the other half going?"

Macradon talked about how there weren't usually dragons on the first floor, and the only wild ones he encountered had been on the second, and further than she had ever traveled. Macradon tried to make a light hearted joke, heh...Wizard of Oz. He's showing his age.

Mari tried to laugh, but it was forced - so she immediately coughed, clearing her throat. "I'd offer you mine, but it's pretty broken - how about you? Got a brain in there for me? We could do a trade?"  She knew he was trying to keep the mood light - and Mari didn't want to bring it down with her own pessimistic thoughts and overall attitude. The woman kicked at a rock and watched it bounce down the path before rolling uselessly to the grass. 

It was then he mentioned about the 'boss' itself. If one could even call it that.

"Stepping on babies sounds pretty barbaric." She muttered. "I don't exactly like the sound of it, but hey - its what we gotta do, right?" she asked him with a wry smile.

@Macradon

Macradon nodded “Aye, I still am, we haven’t found a date yet to seal the deal, but we’ll get there eventually. My fiance is doing fine, she had a rough time before I met her, we both had. She’s doing alright now, she reached the frontlines and attended, even though it didn’t really go as planned and many people, including her, had to flee the fight. I would love for the two of you to meet some day.” Macradon said with a smile just thinking if Kairi, it was a wonderful feeling to have, having someone you care about that you get happy just thinking about.

“I would love to trade you, but many travelers would agree that mine brain is as broken as thy heart.” he said, doing a silly robot voice again. Wizard Of Oz was a movie his parents had shown him, he was told that their parents had shown them that, it spanned multiple generations and it still showed. “The last time I had to make silly Wizard of Oz impersonations were back during the Witch of the West quest line before it somehow just changed.” he said with a smirk, thinking of how simple things once were.

“You can cut them up, shank them, cleave them, whatever you like, all we have to do is slay the baby dragon, one way or the other, it’s really up to you.” he commented, either way of slaying the dragon would suffice, he didn't think he needed to be there, for now he was just a pathfinder, letting Mari get some experience from slaying the dragon. The position of the egg spawns were getting closer, the two would begin to enter the forests, “Destination’s not far from here, there’s a large clearing where the dragon egg spawns randomly, then after some time the egg hatches and the “field boss” is ready to be fought. It’s weak, so you shouldn’t have any problem one shotting in, this should be a fine warm up to get you into a rhythm again.” he said and pointed towards the clearing’s direction.

@Mari

Edited by Macradon

She listened as he spoke about his wedding, hearing about it didn't really make her feel any better - but he seemed to enjoy the discussion, and she couldn't be mad at him for talking about something she had bought up in the first place. Mari didn't know the other woman, but - she made Macradon happy. That's what relationships were supposed to be, the other person was meant to think about the other, talk lovingly about them. Have that smile that he wore, she supposed she never had that with Alkor, or even her ex-husband.

"If she's willing to meet me, I won't say no." Mari said finally as the topic of conversation ended, then shifted to quests. Mari ignored the ways Macradon easily described how to kill a poor hatchling. It wasn't how to kill it that bothered her. The whole idea of killing a baby creature just...rubbed her the wrong way.

"I've fought a few things..." Mari mused. "A Monkey King....and a giant wasp queen thing - not quite the quest I remember... I think it was the revamped version? It was...nice to get back into battling - although the company was odd. I haven't done that Witch quest yet either...I'm...actually ashamed to admit I haven't done many quests."

She shook her head. "I met this skittish girl named NIGHT, and some...*ahem* interesting girl named Cordellia - not sure how I feel about her. But they seem young. So I'm trying this new thing where I'm not judging them as harshly. I just...don't have a high tolerance for crappy behavior, but I guess that'd make me a hypocrite, huh?" Mari asked hypothetically. The two headed into the forest, and Macradon informed her that it wasn't that far from where they were.

"Oh...wow, so this quest may end quicker than I first thought..." Mari said as they stepped into the clearing.  "I would probably be able to knock it out in a few shots right? or just the one?"

@Macradon

Macradon chuckled with a smile, “I’m sure she’d be willing to, I don’t think she’ll deny any meeting with someone I regard as a friend.” he replied. He would shake his head at Mari when she began talking about the quests she had done “You don’t need to be ashamed, I haven’t done all that many quests either, so we’re on the same boat, but look where fighting have brought me, I’m like fourth highest leveled in the game or something, and I haven’t done all the quests, so it’s probably not just the quests that should be what would take you to your goal, but they’re merely a supplement.” he would reason, describing that his motivation was what got him to where he was and not just a mindless quest clearing spree. 

Raising his shoulders indicating that he wasn’t really sure he would reply “I’ve met NIGHT twice in my shop, but this Cordelia I haven’t met as of yet. Hypocrite or not, everyone judges no matter what, at least just a little.” he said trying to make Mari not think too bad about herself. “Aye, it’s a short one, but it has a long chain of following dragons to be slain and then at the end against a big dragon boss, so this is just a small step in the entire dragon hunter line.” he said. “This dragon has around the effective health of 200 on the first strike, and 225 on the second strike, so it depends on your potential damage output.” he stated with the statistics he had gathered from earlier runs against this dragon and Hikoru’s info.

@Mari

Macradon...was really making an effort to lift her spirits whenever she even gave the slightest hint of self deprivation, or being down. Was... that what friends did? God it had been so long Mari couldn't remember. Gods am I really that pathetic?  She quickly shook the thought from her head. He mentioned he hadn't done many quests either. “Oh hey, that's something we have in common - I was amongst the strongest in my prime... but I guess I was so focused fighting bosses, and managing my guild that I didn't really pay the quests much mind. Now I kinda wanna do them all..."  Mari paused when she mentioned her guild.

Ahh.. The Cerulean Silence. She had almost forgotten about it. How were her members? Were they all alive? She had fallen off the deep end. She had failed all of them, after promising them all that they'd be protected under her care.  “I hope they're all ok...wherever they are.." Mari said thoughtfully as she reached out to snap a twig off a nearby tree. Twirling it to and fro in her hands. They just had to wait for the egg to spawn, right? Her blue eyes drifted to Macradon. He talked about how everyone judged, and it was just a matter of human nature. Damn. How was he able to say the right things that she needed to hear?

’"You a Psych in the real world or somethin'?" Mari flicked the twig toward Macradon, it uselessly landed at his feet. She responded to his query about if she'd be able to knock it out in a single blow or not. "I guess that depends on its mitigation...I should have bought some food buffs with me - but I haven't found any PK accessible cooks. Next time, eh?"

@Macradon

He chortled, “That’s the feeling I have as well, I kinda wanna do them all as well, there’s so much to explore on the many different floors with their quests, it intrigues me a lot.” he said, thinking of the quests he had attempted and failed and the many other quests he hadn’t even attempted before. He chuckled at Mari’s question “Nah, I was just a lousy college student, nothing grandeur as a Psych, I just believe I’ve had so much emotional experience in here that I slowly begin to know when to say what … but many other times I question what I say because there’re some really … interesting things I’ve said in the heat of battle …” he said with a smirk, remembering the rather … non-inspiring things he had been saying during big boss battles.

“The effective Health has its mitigation calculated into it. If you can land the 200 you should be able to one-shot it, if you can’t, you would need to hit for at least 120 twice to knock it out in two hits, 90 if you’re gonna hit it thrice.” he explained, he was getting better at analyzing with all the number crunching happening, he was training, honing his mental prowess for when he were to be chosen as a Raid Leader again.

@Mari

"Man..." Mari mumbled as she scratched the back of her head. "I get way to riled up. I'm trying to be better about it but I snap really easily, so much stuff just pisses me off. Although I like to think I hold some little nuggets of wisdom sometimes. " Mari shot him a smile. "It comes with being a mother, and having an ex slimebag of a husband. That sort of sh*t just gives you straight up street smarts. Oh, and salt. I got enough salt to last a lifetime."

Mari listened to Macradon as he started to crunch numbers. Good, so as long as she didn't miss she'd be able to handle that in a couple of hits. Especially if she charged at it. So, That is exactly what Mari would do. Speaking of crunching... An egg literally rolled into the clearing. From where? Mari didn't see. The egg was about the size of a football. Mari scrunched up her face. Did she really have to do this? Kill a tiny, defenceless dragon baby?

"Alright...let's do this..." Mari said as she tried to psych herself up, shaking her shoulders. Mari pulled out her weapon and waited for the egg to start cracking. Slowly, but surely, the egg began to split, and first - Mari could see the cutest yellow eye, then a tiny booper of a nose...finally a head. The Dragon hatchling chirruped as it cried out.

Gods above how the hell am I meant to do this?

Mari forced her eyes shut, she didn't want to do this, but she had to. This world was filled with things they didn't want to do. She kicked off the ground, activating her charge skill, then activating the Eternal Cyclone Sword Art. Mari was able to keep low to the ground as she held her dagger in a reverse grip. The first strike against the hatchling knocked it up and out of its egg, into the air. It cried out in pain and tugged at Mari's heartstrings, but she couldn't stop the momentum of her spin as her blood red dagger struck the tiny creature again and again, till it disintegrated into a flurry of red data.

Mari finished the move, and sniffed. They had finished the quest. But she didn't feel very happy about it. "D-did you hear it cry out like that!?" Mari said as she turned to Macardon with a pained look on her freckled face.

....Yep.... This was the Pink Pker everyone feared.

@Macradon

MARI   LV 46 | 940HP | 81 Energy |DMG 11 | EVA 3 | MIT 25 | ACC 4 | SAVVY 1
  CHARGED Eternal Cyclone (11 Energy)  14*11= 154 Damage - 25 MIT = 129
ID#134019   BD8+4-1=11 HIT
EMERALD DRAGON  125/125HP  |  MIT 25  |  DMG: 50

Edited by Mari

The time had come, the egg had spawned out of thin air, what a truly wonderful made game. There was something odd about Mari, she was a bit … held back. She really didn’t like the idea of killing a small helpless hatchling like that, they truly didn’t follow any of the rumors that befitted either of them. Mari, the Pink PKer, feared by most, not too happy about killing a small dragon. Macradon, the Imperial Topaz, Raid Leader, Commander of the Vanguard, mind full of ways to decimate an innocent small create.

If anything, Macradon was the one to be feared, but no, Mari was the one people feared the most because of some old rumors. Macradon didn’t know the truth, he only had knowledge, first- and second hand, but no actual validation as to what was fact and what was fiction. Mari finally took the initiative to go in for an attack, she went with the Eternal Cyclone attack and kept hitting the dragon over and over again “I’m glad I only do big heavy strikes, I can see how it’s not as attractive to hit smaller creatures with multi-hit-attacks.” he thought to himself as he observed Mari’s attack upon the small hatchling.

“Aye, I heard ...” he said with a stoic face, it didn’t faze him too much, it didn’t really bother him as it bothered Mari. “I think I get what you meant by me being an obvious murderer … I somehow don’t feel empathy for the hatchling in any way … I may be a sociopath.” he said with a slight chortle “Wait … am I a sociopath?” he thought for himself somewhat worried. Shaking his head to get that thought out, Macradon would look back up at Mari “The next one is another dragon to be slain, and unfortunately, most of the dragons we are to fight are hatchlings, they just ramp up in strength. The 10th in the line is the strongest fully grown, but there’s still a long way.” he said.

@Mari

Edited by Macradon

"You mean there are more hatchlings!?" Mari said exasperated. "Mac....dude..." She clutched at her heart. "You're gonna murder me!" Mari jested. "How's that song go?" Mari lifted her hand away from her chest and formed a gun with her hand, giving Macradon a bang motion. "Shot through the heart, and you're to blame?" Mari snorted. She wasn't sure that he'd be familiar with the song. And She didn't mean anything by it.

"Still..." Mari looked down at the egg, "It doesn't make you a bad person Macradon. At the end of the day, these things are NPCs, not even humanoid ones. I just have a soft spot for things that are young. If it were a big dragon I'd have no issue with it." 

Mari knelt down to pick up the eggshell from the Emerald Dragon. "Looks like it left us some loot."  Mari turned to glance at Macradon over her shoulder. "There's more to this quest, right? Did you want to do them all together? Or do you have other plans?" 

Mari picked up the eggshell and walked over to Macradon, she had to stand on her tip-toes but she placed it upon his head as though it were a hat. "See, now you're not so obvious. Instead of a Murderer you can be something else. 'Sides opinions aren't always what they're cracked up to be."

@Macradon

Macradon nodded like he was about to come with an excuse “There are … 8 or 9 of them total … we’ve taken the first one out, 7 to 8 left to slay …” he said “If you want to take it the easiest way for you, then we can find the egg and you can walk somewhere, close off your ears while I do the dirty job, I wouldn’t really mind that, but It's up to you if you want to continue this quest line.” he said, explaining the course of the dragon quest. He would chuckle with how lightly Mari seemed to be taking in, acting upon her finger guns, Macradon would take to his imaginary wound “Aaaghh!” and go down on his knees “You give dragons … a bad name.” he said like he was about to pass out. 

He would get back up on his legs after the small charade “Yeah … some people didn’t have a great time with how the 23rd boss raid went, it was quite the disaster because our opponents were humanoid NPC that formed a party of 5, some of the frontliners took pity and everything went up like a big garbage fire.” he said, reminiscing of the internal troubles they had. Listening to Mari’s question he would reply “I was intending to take down all the dragons, it’s much more bearable when doing it with someone than just one after the other solo slashing them down, it gets into a drag real quickly.” he said when Mari began to approach him.

With a gentle landing, Macradon was adorned with the rest of the emerald eggshell on top of his head “Oh?” he said “Well then, don’t wanna be shellfish or anything, but I’ll probably never have the rumor as murderer unless I do it in public … again …” he said, somewhat disappointed in his former actions in his past.

@Mari

"You'd make an egg-celent Dragon Mac."

Mari shook her head when he offered that she could go hide away somewhere and cover her ears. Mari couldn't do that. She wanted to grow stronger and that didn't mean running away and hiding because she had issues with fighting of Dragon Babies.   "It's fine Mac. I don't need to run and hide. I'd be fine with doing the quest line. It's something I want to do. I'm not one to back out of something once I start it."  use Mari snorted. "Besides, I can't let you do all the dirty work "

Macradon threw himself to the floor in jest - finishing the song with his own twist. This...was nice, Mari didn't feel pressured to do anything or say anything. Mari watched as Macradon stood back o his legs. He talked about how the 23rd boss fight was humanoid. Mari tapped her lip as she voiced her thoughts. "I think I'd be ok with that. If it was a crying kid as a floor boss -yeh, I'd struggle. I'm a mother so it'd hit close to home for me but we've fought humanoid bosses before...cupid was one of them - arrogant bastard that he was. Some of the dark elves are very sentient - but those things are attacking us - I wouldn't...outright attack an NPC without reason but I guess..."  Mari shrugged her shoulders. There was little use in her trying to explain her thoughts. Especially with how she struggled to hurt the baby dragon earlier.

"You'd make an egg-celent Dragon Mac." Mari had picked up the other half of the eggshell and placed it on her own head.  “That won't happen."  Mari said softly when she picked up on his disappointed tone. “You're strong enough to not do that - and you're lucky enough to have a fiance and friends to fall back on."

@Macradon

Chortling at Mari’s witty jokes Macradon would reply “Hehe, thanks.”. He raised his shoulders “Up to you.” he said and continued “I’m used to doing all the dirty work, so it won’t bother me. But since you’re so determined on finishing this quest line, I guess we just have to kill all the babies.” he said with a light chortle. Remembering the boss fight, there was this one dark elf “One of the bosses was a young boy, actually. 4 seemingly adult dark elves, and then the young boy behind them, doing some support work. People did not like him to be killed, so we didn’t, we only murdered all of his friends and sent the boy away with a teleportation crystal, it somehow worked, but if he’s still alive is a mystery.” he said. 

He smiled at Mari’s comment about him “Thanks.” he said with a small smirk, it actually felt great to hear that, to be reminded that he wasn’t alone. “I’ll do my best to not let it happen!” he said with a clenched fist and a grin on his face. Quickly bringing his HUD back up, Macradon would go over the notes he had written about the quest line “Next hatchling is on the second floor, green-ish quartz, slightly stronger than this one, we should be able to take it out quickly like this one.” he said, ensuring that they were gonna roll through the quest line at a reasonable pace.

@Mari

Mari was shocked to hear that, not just that the boss had a tiny boy defending him but that the frontliners had sent him away. "Gosh. The frontlines really have changed, they were so brutal and back-stabby in the past. In a strange way, hearing that... its kinda sweet. At least people haven't lost their humanity."

Mari shook her head when Macradon said he was ok with doing all the dirty work. "Mmm, no. You might be ok with it, but I'm not. We're a team - that means we help each other equally, right?"

"Oh!" Mari blinked as she checked her stats. "I'm level 50 now. Gosh... I guess I've been working more than I thought... I wasn't expecting that."

It...felt good to see Macardon in higher spirits. Mari knew all too well how soul crushingly lonely it could get, especially when you allowed yourself to sink into that sea of darkened despair. If she could help it, she'd try to make sure others didn't fall as far as he did. Mari crossed her arms over her chest, giving Macradon a faint smile. Right... he wasn't alone. He had someone who loved him, and he had a successful store, a frontliner with respect.  In cheering him up, Mari couldn't help but feel a pang of lonliness herself. She missed those she used to talk to. She missed Alkor; and wanted to do her best to preserve their friendship. She made a mental note to send him a message.

"That sounds Nice." Mari said as she hugged herself. "I'm ready to head there whenever you are."

@Macradon

He nodded “Aye, teammate, let’s do this together then.” he said with a big smile. “It’s nice seeing Mari this comfortable, it’s nice not seeing her erupt at everything that was happening, it was nice not seeing her as the murderer people feared, she might’ve changed … or this was perhaps the real her?” he pondered but wandered from the thought. With Mari’s small exclamation, Macradon would look over at her hand do a posh golf clap “Damn, congratulations! Tier 3!” he said “You know what … I might have something you can use. Whenever you have the time, stop by my shop, it’s in my safe there, a special “get well” gift if you can say so.” he said and chuckled. He nodded “If you’re ready, then I’m ready. Let’s go!” he said and began to walk towards the first floor’s boss room so they could get up to the third floor without having to enter a town, a safe space for green players.

@Mari

Mari coughed, trying to shake herself from the melancholy that tugged at her. Teammate ...Heh...that...sounded nice. Mari couldn't remember the last time she had a teammate, or even someone she could properly call a friend? The white haired man gave her a wide, goofy grin as he clapped. Proclaiming that he had something for her and she could pick it up any time. Mari half heartedly laughed. "M-Mac.. I can't go into your store. It's in the safe zone. I'd get murdered even setting foot in the town."

Mari took the eggshell off her head and tossed it to the ground. "I don't have Bahr to run me through the town under his hide skill this time - heck - I think the next time he sees me I may just meet the end of his blade." Mari paused. "You know...I really hope I didn't ruin your friendship with him."

Mari followed him as they headed, side by side to the boss room. The thought though...of him saying he had something for her that she could use.  "A get well gift...hmm I hope its not a yellow rose. My grandma used to always get me those when I was sick. Then again I think it'd  be sweet...but its a gift so whatever it is you know I'd be greatful." When was the last time she'd even recieved a gift?

Mari decided not to dwell on it. Things were going well with Macradon for now - and Mari would do her best not to ruin that.

@Macradon