[F11 - NYL - PP] New Friendships, Maybe?

Spoiler

Level: 4
HP: 80
EN: 8
DMG: 2 || EVA: 2 || ACC: 3 || BLEED: 12 || PARALYZE: 1

Skills:
» Dagger - Rank 1

Equipped:
» Venom Strike [Perfect T1 Dagger [Bleed // Bleed // Paralyze]]
» Darkened Clouds - [Rare T1 Light Armor [Evasion // Evasion]]
» Black Snake - [Perfect T1 Bracelet [Accuracy // Accuracy // Accuracy]]

Well, there certainly were enough people in this festival to make her skin crawl. Possibly too many, but that wasn't going to be a thing that she let's show. She just wanted to see who she would be able to find. Possibly make some friends? Was that possible for someone like her? Her last encounter with someone kind of proved otherwise, though it was still an interesting encounter. For now though, she would just have to see about this festival to see if there was going to be someone.

She had heard something about some fortunes being told, but she didn't know if she wanted that done. But still, here she was, hovering nearby the fortune teller. She had just gotten some, interesting, advice, so perhaps a fortune would be worse, especially for someone like her. Did she need someone else to know what it was that she was wanting to do? No, definitely not. So, she started to turn to leave the fortune teller, but chose a different route and walked over. "I'm not wanting my fortune told, just want to say that I have heard some good things about you and your ability." That was nice, right?

@Ariel - The Crowned Lion @Azhoda

"Irasshaimase!" came a friendly greeting from the blonde across the table. Lately, she found herself more used to revealing her native particularities to others. The mildly inaccurate dubbed 'sage', whose been seeing people through the guise of a fortune teller, slightly raised her eyebrow at her new potential client's statement. "Good things? funny you say that, I could've sworn most people would feel the other way about me or just forgotten about me. Have we meet before?" she asked with a professional smile, reminiscent to that of an experienced saleswoman. Color her intrigued, she barely could fathom what those 'good things' were. The white lioness familiar next to her also perked her ears, as if materializing Ariel's thoughts.
Not a moment later the blonde's trained tailor eye started observing the newcomer, her light armor in particular. She found the design to her liking while identifying the low level of the gear. 

TL Note: "Irasshaimase!" - jap. polite greeting when someone is entering your workplace. "Please welcome!" or "Please come in". 

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Well, this was something, This whole event was like a bigger and better Christmas, but every Christmas was bigger and better as I never celebrated Christmas. Looking around for a bit I notice that someone was advertising fortune-telling. Wait what was a thing in this game... Slowly walking closer I thought it was done by an NPC but on closer look, I saw that it was done by a player and another player was sitting with them. Ha who would believe in fortune-telling, it's all just about reading the person, If you were good at that you could play it off like you seen their fortune. Or on the other hand, you could just talk jibberish and people still believe you.

Walking over just because it did get my attention from who was sitting and telling fortune was a frontliner, One of the stronger players I heard stories about. Looking at her now I got to think. Wait, isn't she one of the people who use Two-handed assault spears as well. This got me more interested for sure, Not many people walked around with an Assault spear and I was kind of in the mood to learn more about the weapon I use. With my equipment all still on I walked over to them and looked from a distance still in earshot so I could hear what they said.

@Ariel - The Crowned Lion @Lethia

An attempted smile was made as she looked at the blonde woman. "Well, that just means that those people suck then." She shook her head shortly afterwards though, "No, I don't think we have. Unless you've been hibernating on the first floor until now too." She chuckled lightly at the tease of herself. Hibernating was one way to put it at least. Upon seeing the white lioness next to the blonde though, she looked down at the black and red snake by her legs. There was a silent issued command of behave that came, which just meant that the snake was going to find something to wrap around, like Lethia's leg to climb up to the woman's shoulders.

"Right manners, sorry. I'm Lethia." She didn't offer a hand though, mainly just in the fear that the woman might then try to offer a fortune. "Have you gotten to leave and take some time to yourself yet? I mean, it must be fun to tell another's fortune, but being able to just socialize normally must be good too." Wow, Lethia, are you really trying to just be nice, or is this the two-faced nature kicking in. There was a hiss from Noxyl though and it made Lethia's head turn to see a red haired woman not too far off. "Possibly not, you might have an actual customer."

Once again the SP investment to max out the Search skill hasn't proven in vain. She initially picked it for something else but even now it proved its effectiveness in combat and outside of it. For the current situation, it allowed her to immediately notice the person eavesdropping but decided to attend to Lethia first. Seeing her crack a smile, albeit forced, she officially introduced herself: "Kayla Ariel D'Sole" once again, choosing to user her full name instead of her nickname, which was also part of her given name. She took pride in the thought and meaning that her parents had put into it even if people couldn't make the associations.

"You could say I've been hibernating but it was more close to the rooftops." she added with a sly smile. "Socializing isn't one of my strong suits but..." she took a second to think before coming up with a brand new idea that would involve both of the newcomers. "Hmm, I could go for some hot cocoa." she muttered, raising herself up and going towards the entrance. "I don't need to be here to perform. She can join us if she wants to." She motioned Lethia to follow as they made their way towards the cocoa stand, ignoring the protesting gazes and gestures from the maid and butler left behind to continue manning the stall while she was away. @Lethia @Azhoda

A bit surprised but not at all at the same time, it was quite fast to be noticed. Altho I didn't even try to hide It was more of waiting for their conversation to end and then speak up for my own, At least that is what I learned to do when it comes to it. I did not pay the familiar any mind as they are just harmless as can be especially this one as it seems the owner of the familiar was just a starter a noob as the term goes. But everyone starts somewhere I guess.

It seems the higher level player was signing to me to join at the hot cocoa stand as well, Why me in all places. But I guess I can talk to her there as well even if I already had my hot Cocoa already. Well, I looked down into my cub and well it was there but a bit cold now. Following them to the stand as I spoke into my head a bit, What would it be, how and what should I ask her I don't want to look like a  stalker. Getting this in my head I walked up and stood next to Ariel. "Hello, I could not help but notice that you are a frontliner, one of the frontliners with the Two-Handed Assault Spear skill," My voice soft and calm, from one who cared about you almost. "And I wanted to ask a few things, Not about fortune or anything like those jokes. Just about your skills and well a bit of Idea on what to do best with combat," I said to her kind of ignoring the other person as well as she did not really seem interested.

@Ariel - The Crowned Lion @Lethia

Souwong_(Older).pngIt was somewhat difficult to give gifts in such a crowded place.  There was some irony in that, as many of the players at the festival were there exclusively to find him, yet their being there made his mission much more complicated. Still, Father Wuotan refused to let the crowds keep him from his favorite activity - giving back to the people of Aincrad. Perhaps it was selfish, but he always appreciated the look in their eyes, the smiles, and the progress that came as a result of his presents. If he could help the players reach their final goal, well, that's what it was all about.

An opportunity presented itself when Father Wuotan noticed a group of three players huddled at the end of the hot cocoa line. Weaving his way through the sea of festive festival-goers, he positioned himself nearby.

"My, what a chilly evening this has turned out to be." Mischief swirled in his gray eyes as he added, "Hot cocoa is an excellent choice. Is there anything else that you three might hope for this Christmas? You may have heard of me, but my name is Father Wuotan, and I am in the business of gift giving."

@Ariel - The Crowned Lion @Azhoda @Lethia

Edited by Father Wuotan

She smiled and nodded in agreement. "Socializing isn't my strong suit either." But the hot cocoa sounded good so she followed behind quick enough and looked at the other girl. She basically ignored Lethia, so the white haired woman made a note of that. Kind of odd how the other woman seemed to so quick to call Ariel's thing a joke, but that was something that didn't entirely bug nor involve her. Of course, the old man who showed up was interesting.

A trade of handing things out. That seemed pretty interesting. She listened to the offer and she took the time to think. "If you don't mind Father, I would just love to be able to gain some experience. I don't mind the amount that you feel worthy to give, just a little something to help me better protect myself." Among other things. That last bit stayed in her head, but she asked for her gift of just some basic experience.

Ariel was a bit bewildered at first by the fact that the newcomer knew her. Again, the blonde being at disadvantage, knowledge-wise. She listened to her request, raising an eyebrow as her prediction business was slightly regarded as a joke. However she didn't take it as a malevolent comment as the blonde herself though that fortune telling the real life was more of a way to con people then help then, as she tried to do here. Clearing her throat, she replied with a smile: 
"I'd be happy to help... " she purposely left a blank space as she didn't recall her introducing herself. "Yes I participated in the last boss fight. The name's Ariel." she added, not wanting to add more details about it she continued to the mater on hand. "This is a good opportunity to impart to both of you some of my experiences." she tried to put a hand on both their shoulders to draw them closer and continued, a sly smile taking over her features: "afterall, a long time ago, I meet a promising noob and predicted his success. After some initial guidance and a lot of work on his part, he's now our strongest frontline tank." she said with some pride in her voice, like that of a sensei talking about one of her students.

While waiting at the cocoa stand, they found themself being engaged in conversation by a mischievous old man NPC. Listening to him, she mentally made the association with a white clad Santa and almost laughed. "It's that time of year.." she replied mindlessly.

"I don't suppose you can revert past mistakes... bring back the dead, Father?" the blonde muttered with a sigh, half mocking the old man and herself. @Azhoda @Lethia

TL Note: Sensei - jap. 'Teacher'

Listening to Ariel I nodded and got her hint as she paused a bit, "Shion, Shion Kikenna," I said to her and now looked at the other girl as well as I did notice her as well now. Yeah a bit dense but that is me. It was clearly Ariel know quite a few things about fighting off the way she spoke. But once she told about telling the future of someone who just seemed determined and strong-willed took her advice rather than the can predict, because science already proved that those fortune-telling things are all just about reading a person and card tricks. 

But before I could say more It seemed this man, no wait it was Father Wuotan, the one who announced everything at the beginning, walked up and greeted us. I was a bit surprised to see this man walk around and interact with players before they interacted with him.

A gift, hmm... well guess I can ask for something, maybe a good weapon, "I would like a simple thing, A weapon, just a perfect fit for me. Something to burn me right through all the quests," I said to him, he probably knew what I had in mind, a spear that is strong for me to use.

Father Wuotan listened thoughtfully to the plights of the young heroes, nodding along to each request that was issued without saying much of anything. His chalky irises held a quiet, almost somber composure. It was clear that one person out of this group needed a bit more attention than the others. He stepped forward and gently placed a reassuring hand on Ariel's shoulder, warmth from his bony fingers permeating her clothing like the very cocoa they were sipping.

"Even my powers have limits. I'm afraid I cannot perform such magnificent feats as this. I can, however, offer you the power to prevent such tragedy from occurring again." He reached into his robe and produced a slip of paper, which he handed to the Lioness. "Take this and use it to protect those who matter most to you. I'm sure that you will find it within you to do so with more confidence in your stride."

His attention then turned to Azhoda, the more fiery of the group. The embers of her resolve caught flame within his pupils as he gazed upon her indomitable will. Surely, he could repurpose energy such as this into something useful for the young woman. He extended an open palm and, with a bit of focus, conjured a solitary ball of flame. As he closed his fingers around the luminant sphere, it extended from the openings between his fingers and assumed its final shape; a long staff with a sharp blade at one end. He handed it to the woman before letting loose a huff of air he'd been holding back, clearly exhausted by the endeavor.

"With this, I am certain you'll find traversing the labyrinth of quests this castle has to offer a bit easier. It is my hope that you do not become spoiled by its power, as I have seen many great minds fall victim to the might of their own blades. Please accept it, and heed my warning moving forward."

Finally, there was Lethia. Hers was a simple quest, and one that he had fulfilled for several people already. With a swipe of his finger, a popup manifested before her.

Quest

Be strong.

O           X   

With that, his work was done. "It is time that I be on my way. It is my hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas. While I may never see any of you again physically, know that I am always with you in your hearts." With a nod, he turned and began venturing onward. There was still much work to be done.

Spoiler

Upon acceptance of the quest, which immediately disappears from the log, Lethia receives the following:
SP
(Please link back to this post for your records.)

Spoiler

Once Ariel accepts the voucher, it binds to her. It cannot be transferred to anyone else for any reason.
It is only valid to change the Life Mending slot of her Life Mending/Holy Blessing/MIT/MIT T3 Light Armor into Holy Blessing.
Voucher expires July 10th, 2042 at 16:12 MDT.
(Please link back to this post for your records.)

Spoiler

Azhoda receives the following:
T2 Perfect Two-Handed Assault Spear
Blight/Blight/Burn

She listened to the other two talk, learning more than anything. Both were two handed assault spear weapons, and well, that could prove to be a problem. Perhaps picking their minds would be useful for figuring out how to get to her mark to take care of that issue. But of course, that wasn't going to happen with an NPC here, and the conversation on how much of a 'joke' Ariel's business was. Of course, Lethia didn't know if she believed it, but she also wasn't about to make assumptions that things were a joke or not.

Either way, she listened to the requests of the other two women who were with her, and she wondered on the remark that Ariel gave. Of course, Azhoda seemed to ask for a weapon that was going to burn through things, and she wondered what it was that the woman wanted to do. Now, the Father was talking once more, and giving out items. Well, at least she knew that this wasn't a hoax. She didn't pay much attention to what he was saying to the other two women, at least, until she had a popup in front of her. 'Be Strong', well that was a guarantee, but she pressed the button to accept it, and she watched as she gained five more skill points.

"Thank you Father." She smiled lightly, an actual smile from the woman and she turned to the other two. "Sorry for the silence, talking isn't always great. But, perhaps you guys could give me hints for the frontlines? I want to get there, but I also don't know how effective a stealth user would be for it." Of course, she didn't have the stealth yet, but by the time she got to that point, she was going to.

• 3 weeks later...

The blonde accepted the highly specific reward the old man had given her and nodded with a grateful  "Arigato..." sending the slip of paper to her inventory after reading the details. She pondered for a second on how the change would affect her build and if she should trusts the NPC or dig around some more before using the item. Nonetheless she waved and send off the old man with a smile, seeing she had given each of the three a gift of some sort. His words engraved in her memory for the future to come.

"Frontlines..." muttered the blonde, a tinge of guilt in her tone. "For a stealth user, I think the greatest help would come in scouting the labyrinth guardian and the way until the boss entrance. Then once you maximize your weapon and armor skills to ensure you're being useful and have a chance to survive the fight." she let the simple yet crucial advice sink in, while the blonde herself took a long sip from her cocoa. @Azhoda @Lethia

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion
  • 3 months later...

And with that last piece of advice, the blonde rose up and waved at her two companions. A line was being formed at her booth and Ariel wouldn't want to disappoint the two assistants that she left in charge as she went for this small break. "I wish you good luck in your endeavors." were the parting words the blonde gave with a small bow before returning to her 'post'. Darius, her male assistant seemed to want to say something to her but the blonde raised her hand to silence him and greeted the line of clients. "Please step in!" she said to the first waiting customer. She half parted the curtain and invited him inside then came in after him. She motioned him to sit down then went to sit across the table. She already had a good idea of what this individual was going to ask from the ‘sage’.

So tell nee-san, what can I help you with?” she asked courteously as she opened her hand to appear as welcoming as ever, he appeared to be an introvert; avoiding eye contact with the rest even before entering the tent. She noticed however that he stole some glances at her forms. She let out a soft smile and decided to adopt a big sister ‘persona’ as she was dealing with him and see how he reacts. “Nee-san can see the future right? Tell me, can you see me on the top floors, fighting in a boss fight with the rest?” For a moment the blonde would have answered truthfully and without the need to fabricate a vision. Right now, he didn’t look the part, not one bit. But there was still time, as the blonde was sure it would take a while until they got out of this death game.

It is for that reason that she withheld her own opinion and decided to inspire him instead, in hopes that the frontliners would add someone else to their ranks. She’d notice the high quality clothing that he had and knew that he either was, like her, a tailor or very close friends to one as such attire intricate designs would require a high level of investment and design which most crafters didn’t bother with.
I cannot see further than the near future, however I do see someone clad in fine garments. They, like everyone else, explore the nearby areas with the required caution and beforehand preparation. With each new mob they slay and with each new friendship they forge, they become more brave and strong enough to protect those close to them.” She raised her eyes to meet his and added: “You could be that someone but you need to start exploring, staying only inside a safe area will probably keep you alive yes but the front lines need more than that!

The blonde could see that he took her words to heart, absorbing them like a sponge. She only hoped that he would act on them too and not just for momentary inspiration. A hype that would disappear the next day and he would still be afraid to reach for a higher floor. But now, seeing his glittering eyes as he was imagining himself in the ‘future’ that Ariel ‘profesized’ for him, she had little doubt that she might end up seeing him again, on similar terms on the frontlines. “I’ll be waiting for you there.” she added in a soft tone, hoping he didn’t pick it up. The boy snapped out of his reverie and bowed his head: “I see what I must do now, Thank you nee-san!” he added with a much confident expression than the one he had when he first entered her tent. He stood up and left the tent, Ariel could hear a few ‘oh!’ of surprise from the people waiting in line. That was how much the boy’s expression changed. 

Taking a deep breath, the blonde let out a louder “Next client please!” and another person entered the sage’s tent. The blonde takes note of her appearance and a ‘prediction’ already starts forming in her head. As a tailor, she couldn’t help but notice the plain clothes she was wearing: a dark blue pleated long skirt and a white shirt with a gray jersey on top. Black shoes and socks/tights? This girl was the very definition of your standard japanese student that wasn’t dressed in a sailor’s uniform. Docile by the attire alone but she also wore a pair of thick glasses and her slick black hair was embroidered in a tasteful side ponytail. Ariel couldn’t help but smile as she asked: “How can I help you?” she had pretty blue eyes that made Ariel think that if she did something about the glasses she would be pretty popular.

I…” she started timidly, her cheeks already gaining a red tinge “I want to know if I’ll get a boyfriend in the future?” she asks, her face getting more red by the second. Reaching her limit, she covered her face and peaked through the gap made by her hands covered in the oversized jersey. While she found the maiden’s actions cute, Ariel had already foresaw this question and had an answer for it. “Love can bloom everywhere, be it inside a safe zone like a library where people that haven’t talked despite seeing each other frequently; or even on the frontlines where people put their lives and trust in each other while fighting a common foe.” Now that she established the universality, it was time to personalize it for this girl. ‘Honestly if you’d dressed a little bit prettier and dropped the glasses you’d be a banger!’ was what Ariel thought but decided to word it differently.

I see…” began the blonde, while staring in her crystal orb. She squinted her eyes for more realism and continued: “I see a pretty girl that isn’t afraid to show off her taste in fashion. She was smart and used the opportunity that presented to her to experiment and has renounced some of the archaic teachings of those before her. While others fought to reach the next floor, she had her own fights against the mental shackles that inhibited her.” she cracked a small smile and added: “She’ll be courted by many but only one will reach her heart, she is confident and true to her feelings and while I cannot see any further, I believe she will live a happy life.” Ariel’s eyes shift from the crystal ball to the girl’s: “It will take some time and make some changes in small increments but I see in you the potential to become that girl!” the sage’s eyes had a black hue while her iris turned golden. She activated the link she shared with Kimba to deliver her line with more impact.