[PP-F2] <<Dragon Hunter Anthology - Dragon Hunt 2: the Quartz Hatchling>> GO, GO Dragon Hunters!

image.png.99b41aaba981b08c1fdff2ae0ac2a10f.png

*Yui's Grace applied 0 remaining*

Mari left the first floor boss room, rubbing her eyes as she stepped into the light. "Oh gods that's f**king bright..." She muttered. It had only been about an hour since she parted ways with Macradon.  The trek into the forest to take care of the first hatchling had been fairly easy, and if Macradon's intel was anything to go by, this  would also go by easily. Well, as easily as killing a baby dragon would go.

Mari didn't want to traverse too far away from the entrance to the boss room  exit; knowing that she'd meet Macradon soon. He said he had gotten her a gift? Her blue eyes shifted to the grass expanse in front her, on the horizon was a line of trees, it may have been The Forest of Wavering mists. She pushed back strands of orange hair behind her ear.  They were friends... so why did he want to get her a gift? Maybe she misinterpreted him - and she'd give him Col? That made sense, right?

No...

Friends helped each other out like that, Mari just...somewhere along the way, forgot that.

MARI LV 50  | HP 1030  | ENERGY 100
DAM:  11 | EVA 3  | MIT 25 | ACC 4 | SAVVY 1

Rank 5 Dagger
Rank 5 Charge
Rank 5 Light Armour
Bull Rush
Survival
Precision
Athletics
Sprint/Acrobatics

BATTLE READY INVENTORY* DIMENSIONAL BACKPACK

@Macradon

Edited by Mari

A quick stop by his shop, Macradon would go through his chests where he left most of the stuff he didn’t really need at hand, but since he didn’t really know that many that could have use of this, he would give it to Mari, that would probably be for the best, since she could probably use it. “Could work well for a Glass Cannon.” he thought as he grabbed the armor and went out of his shop again. He would walk to the plaza, teleport up to the second floor and begin his fast walk out towards the path from the first floor, hoping he would meet Mari at some point.

After a while of walking towards the exit from the first floor’s boss room exit. With Belphegor in tow, Macradon wandered out into the plains of the second floor. It shouldn’t be too long before his path would cross with Mari’s, so he would just walk until he would meet the redhead.

With every step, Macradon would think of how to tackle the whole dragon debacle, he would be able to take care of it, but he wondered if Mari could handle killing all the baby dragons over and over again. Eventually he would spot the redhead in the distance, he would lift up his hand to greet his friend, “Hey Mari!” he said as he approached her, “I brought your gift.” he said and shuffled through his inventory. “I have no real use of it, and no one else I know have any use, so I guess you could use it now” he said and extracted pieces of leather armor that was hot to the touch on the outside. “For you.” he said and handed it over.

@Mari

Handed over:

Spoiler

Name: Infernal Shadow
Item Type: Light Armor
Tier: 3
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: Evasion | Evasion | Flame Aura
Description: Dark brown leather harness covering most of the torso but still leaving a lot of dexterity for the wearer. The dark leather has a few cracks in it, and sometimes small sparks appear when moved around. The cracks glow a dim red light in the dark.
Post Link: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/18750-f17-obsidian-invasion/?do=findComment&amp;comment=593986

With every step, Macradon would think of how to tackle the whole dragon debacle, he would be able to take care of it, but he wondered if Mari could handle killing all the baby dragons over and over again. Eventually he would spot the redhead in the distance, he would lift up his hand to greet his friend, “Hey Mari!” he said as he approached her, “I brought your gift.” he said and shuffled through his inventory. “I have no real use of it, and no one else I know have any use, so I guess you could use it now” he said and extracted pieces of leather armor that was hot to the touch on the outside. “For you.” he said and handed it over.

"Ah! There you are." Mari said as she pushed herself off the wall. "Did you stop to have some afternoon tea?" She chided. Realistically, he hadn't been too long, but she felt the quip adequate. Macradon went on to talk about the present he had for her, quickly trading it to her.

"Wait...." Mari turned the armour over and over again in her hands. "Are...Are you sure? This...isn't too much? Isn't..." She peered at one of the enhancements, flame aura? "Doesn't this have a unique enhancement?" Even with her questions Mari removed her baggy jumper. Revealing a simple fitted  black v-neck shirt beneath. She then Equipped the armour. Her hands gently glided over the slightly scratched leather. It felt...weird to be wearing armour again. It was sturdy and warm to the touch. Mari wasn't sure she deserved this. "T-Thanks..." She muttered as she glanced away. "I don't know if I deserve this...but It is very much appreciated. If I can uh- do anything for you, or you need this back... Let me know. Okay?" Mari said as she turned her gaze back to him. 

Dammit..she couldn't understand why he was being so genuine and kind to her. Even after their talks. Still...All Mari could do was weakly smile at him. "So...shall we go get that second Dragon?"

@Macradon

Macradon shrugged his shoulders “No one I know can wear it, my fiance and I, most of the frontliners I know, already have adequate armor to protect themselves, I guess since you want to return to the frontlines, it would be best for you to have something as well. And since you just hit Tier 3, I guess it was fitting to give you some good Tier 3 equipment.” he said with a snicker. “In my perspective, it isn’t much. I think I’m getting too used to getting Unique enhancements on stuff, my sword, my armor, and soon my wedding ring, all will have some kind of Unique enhancements, and only one of the items are Demonic.” he said “I guess the longer you are on the frontlines, the more Unique and Demonic equipment you begin to haul, and with the use of Merchants, Unique enhancements are beginning to really pop up everywhere.”.

Macradon shook his head “You don’t need to do anything, remember, we’re friends, we help each other, this isn’t just some gift from one person to another, this is me helping you get back into shape for the frontlines, and your Redemption.” he said and began to walk “Aye, let’s go find that dragon. Its location isn’t fully described, just vaguely, so if we just walk in the direction stated, we should be able to find some clues to it.” he said and walked as the quest details that had been shared told.

@Mari

"Mmm...." Mari tilted her head to the side at the mention of merchants. "I do know a merchant. A little chipper thing. Perhaps she'd be able to find a Unique enhancement at some point." Mari gave Macradon a wry grin as she grabbed her dagger from the hem of her jeans. She flipped it so it spun around a few times between her fingers. "This is the only demonic I have. I suppose I need to up my game."  Mari said with a snort as she clicked the blade back to her hip. The last thing she needed was to loose the precious blade.

"Speaking of the Frontlines...I'm considering rejoining them soon - I know I may be slightly under leveled- but they're still scouting for the boss right? If I come prepared with enough food and buffs I should be ok. I got a dimensional backpack too, bought from said merchant." Mari began to walk side by side with Macradon, every so often she'd glance sideward at her white haired companion. The way he so non-nonchalantly talked about all these rare and unique items...was that what she was like back then? It wasn't bad - it was just... surprising. Those things weren't so readily available like they are now. Maybe one day she too could get some Unique equipment. About the only other good thing she had was a Frost Dagger she got from an event boss many years ago - and even then, it was probably outdated, and if she recalled it wasn't demonic. frontliners

Macradon mentioned friends; and what it meant to him, dismissing the importance of the item like it were nothing more than a whim on the wind.

Friends....

The notion seemed so weird and foreign to her. When was the last time she could say she had an actual friend? Lowenthal? Alkor - so few and far between. Friends, and helping each other. Right... Mari had to remember that. She gave Macradon a small smile, and in that moment - with that smile.  The world seemed like a better place. 

“Right. Let's go find that Dragon." She exclaimed with a renewed exuberance. 

@Macradon

Macradon would nod “Merchants have become quite proficient in finding unique enhancements on unidentified items. I’ve gotten a good handful of Unique items, but they’re not always what you hope for them to become, but they’re better than nothing and can spark some cool conversation up. Most of my current stock of Unique items are all situational items. Bloodclot, Neverfreeze, Fireproof, Paralytic Immunity … and so on.” he said and listed out some of the unique enhancements he had on some select items in his inventory. 

When Mari posed the question about the labyrinth scouting, Macradon would shrug “I’m not sure how far the Labyrinth Expedition has come, all I know is that I’m planning on going in with a few friends to do it in time if no one else has found the boss room yet.” he said. “And regarding your level, I don’t think it will be too detrimental to have you at level 50-55, we’ve had multiple instances of Tier 2 players capable of standing at the frontlines doing proper frontline work, so you shouldn’t worry that much.” he said, trying to reason for the good of Mari joining the frontlines. 

He would nod with a smile towards Mari’s own smile “Sounds like a good plan.” he said and began walking, walking towards the somewhat unknown, he wasn't sure what the pinpoint area was for the dragon to spawn, but he was sure it was in that general direction … hopefully.

@Mari

"There's items too right? That can help those chances and upgrade weapons." Mari mused as she thought about The Essence of Steel quest she had done recently, then there was that phoenix one too. She'd have to do both of those, perhaps a few times over. Crap when did she get so obsessed with numbers and items. Mari nodded as Macradon listed off his items. "Right. Right." she murmured. "So it'd be wise to have items for any occasion - that's good to know. I always just went in with what I had, and what I had was the  bare minimum - it was all that was really needed back then. I have to say..." She turned to glance at him. "It's kinda nice to see how things have expanded and grown."

Mari jabbed Macradon in his arm, "You better add me to that list of friends you're taking!" she chided. "I'm not missing out on another expedition if I can help it. I managed to find a boss room in a day back in my prime! I know it's harder now, but..." She gave him a cheeky grin. "I bet with the people you know, we'd power through it in half that time!"

Mari...enjoyed this, it was strange - to be able to take a casual stroll like this with a friend. Someone she could actually call a friend and someone who would call her the same. It was a really nice feeling. "Hopefully this one will be just as easy. I wanna finish this entire anthology with you." She blinked and paused. "Err, if that's ok with you of course."

@Macradon

Macradon nodded “I have heard and seen some Unique consumables that can enhance mundane equipment into Unique and sometimes even Demonic equipment, but I’ve only seen them at Events for a hefty price, it’s doable.” he explained, Unique and Demonic equipment was getting more widespread with every floor unlocked, more Unique and Demonic items dropping left and right for everyone to have so it wasn’t limited to the upper echelon of the frontlines, but everyone could have a Unique item if they really tried.

He chortled with the jab “I’ll do my best to invite you, but I wasn’t the organizer, I was invited to the expedition, so I’ll see if I can get an invitation sent to you or not. Unfortunately, the expedition is set to be inside the 25th floor’s city walls … which is every wall … “ he said somewhat reluctant to actually invite Mari as she would have to go into a safe zone … by herself.

He nodded and responded, “I’m ready when you are!”. The two would walk for a small bit over the large grassy plains of the 2nd floor, but soon enough a forest would get into sight, probably where they were headed “If we’re lucky, we’ll get to the spawn spot at the time of spawn, let’s hope it goes that smoothly” he said with a chuckle.

@Mari

Mari shook her head. "Man...if you think it's a hefty price I have no hope. I've just been throwing around my col like, whatever. I felt like I had no need for it. Since the only place I can really shop at is a Merchant who I order from via messages. Barely anyone has PK accessible stores. Which is understandable." Mari sighed. It was a shame, she pulled out her demonic blade and turned it to and fro in the sunlight.  She knew she wouldn't be able to use it forever. But...she adored it, mostly out of sentimentality. Now, she dealt bleed damage and fire damage. Constantly whittling away at a enemy. That's more or less what she wanted.

Her eyes whipped up to his. "Wait...what? Is the entirety of the 25th floor a safe zone?" She felt her heart drop. That meant...she couldn't join the frontlines. She couldn't try her best to help others. "Well...Damn." Mari said with a defeated sigh. It seemed that once again, life and fate was just trying  to f**k with her in every which way possible. "I'm...not going to go into the safe zones. Not willingly at least." She tried to jest. "I doubt I'd have an angry Bahr to drag me around the floor."

They had headed into the forest now, the woods which were thick at first, began to thin out. Twigs cracked beneath them as they walked. Mari paused when she spotted a clearing not quite ahead, but to their left. "Is that it?" She asked as she pointed at it. "That semi hollowed out tree stump with all the pilled on twigs sorta looks like a nest."

@Macradon

He shrugged “Yes and no. There is one single settlement on the 1st floor, everything else is one f**king giant maze that stretches out to who knows how long. If you wanted to join, I don’t think there’s much hope other than to sprint through the short distance from the former boss room exit to the entrance of the maze, that’s the only bet I have for it, unless there are multiple ways of using a teleportation crystal than to settlements … I knew Death_Adder used to just jump into settlements and then just run out of ‘em, so perhaps it was something you should think of getting good at? If everything else fails I can just be a meat shield, I have the numbers for it.” he proposed, it wasn’t out of the question for Mari to get better at sneaking away from guards in safe zones, she would be able to roam the area, but perhaps not as free as she’d like.

As they finally began to search through the forest for whatever spawn area this little dragon would appear from, Mari seemed to spot something “I … guess. It does resemble a nest. Should we make “camp” here and wait for a spawn?” he asked and took a seat on the damp mossy ground.

@Mari

"Ahh man..." Mari grumbled as she scratched at her head. "That honestly sounds like a real headf**k." She said with a sigh. "You know how I feel about going into towns, I really don't like it. Honestly I kinda feel like there should be some sort of invisible barrier to stop PK'ers entering them, but I guess I'm more worried about keeping the peace than others." She had no idea who Death Adder was, with a name like that - hoo boy he definitely sounded like a PKer. Death was in his name. Sounded like a bit of a try hard too, if she were being brutally honesty.  "So it's not something I really wanna 'get good at' I don't want to make a habit of it."

Macradon took a seat on the mossy ground, and after moving some sticks and twigs away with a few kicks of her feet Mari took off her jumper and used it as a cushion before sitting beside him. All they really had to do now was wait. "You've done so much for me already, don't you think being a meat shield is a tad overkill?" Mari asked as she turned to look at him.
"Maybe I should just wait till the boss room is discovered, get there that way. Gives me time to get a few more levels under my belt and try to source some sort of food or other buffs. I could probably craft some decent things."

@Macradon

He nodded his head "Understandable enough, but he you're really contempt at joining the frontliners, I'll do an effort in trying to find a more or less safe for you to join us, the labyrinth is vast, so perhaps we can find a secret passage for you." the knight said with a smile.

Shaking his head, Macradon would reply "I've had multiple boss pages where my only job was to be a meat shield, just because I had the numbers for it, I guess I just get used to people using me as a shield, for better or for worse" he said with a less vibrant smile than he used to. 

Mari had an idea to perhaps just make camp at the boss entrance, get a few levels, get some consumables for the frontlines and get some levels herself "Not a bad idea." If replied "It could probably be of real good use for everyone." he said with a bright smile adorned upon his face again. 

@Mari

Mari gave him a wry grin - "Gee Mac, if I didn't know any better I'd almost, almost call you a good friend." She said with a laugh. It was endearing to see him trying so hard for her, even when she kept on doubting herself, she was so ready to just throw her hands up in the air and say 'f**k it' when things came up. It constantly felt like the world was against her - but the weight upon her shoulders felt a little lighter when she had people like Macaradon around. A simple smile and reassuring word, such small insignificant things meant the world to Mari.

She tilted her head as Macradon talked about being a 'Meat Shield' in battles. He still wore his smile, but Mari was well versed in the art of faking them. She noticed the subtle drop in his veneer. "You know...." Mari said as she turned her eyes to the stump that housed the nest. "It's not so much as being 'used' as being relied upon right? Those people rely on you. And in turn you rely on them to deal the damage." She wasn't sure if her words would help him or not; but she wanted to at least try. "And if you feel dismayed with it maybe try asking around - I'm sure we can find and help train up someone else so the burden doesn't soley rely on you, right?"

There was a noise in front of them, as a large egg seemed to shake, seemingly out of nowhere. Was it hiding in the bristles and branches of the nest? Or had it spawned when neither of them were looking. "Ah!" Mari almost fell as she shifted to stand. "Look its the egg for the second dragon!"

@Macradon

He chuckled “Wow thanks.” he replied with a smile. It was some kind of good backhanded compliment, it somewhat stung, but it was like a good stinging … was this a fetish? Macradon would shake those thoughts out of his head “Well, just calling me a friend for now is fine by me, I don’t really mind either way.” he said with a happy tone to his voice, it was nice to see the pink murderer be this way, was like she was a totally different person when she was with the ones she trusted, like Alkor and him, but when she was with less trusted individuals, it was like her murderous side came out, either as a facade … or her kind side was a facade … Questions science can’t answer.

He tilted his head and back up again, like some kind of tick “Call it what you want, it’s nice to be relied upon, but when the people you try to protect die because you can’t protect well enough … that just hurts … and when people are rather ungrateful for the tanking, it really feels like being used …” he said rather depressingly “But if I can just keep on fighting, walking forward, I hope people will remain calm and stand their ground. There were a lot of promising people to take the role as tanks … but they’ve since gone astray from the path towards the frontlines, which was a shame” the knight added to the depressing situation. He used to be the standard bearer of KoB, but he hasn't’ help that flag up since … since a lot, perhaps he was to do it one last time.

When Mari gestured towards the spawn of the dragon, Macradon would grab onto the hilt of his sword, “I’m ready when you are.” he said and stood up “It has around 250 effective health on first hit, about 25 increase for each hit afterwards.” he said analyzing the situation. As he drew his silvery sword, Macradon got into stance “If you want to lead, you may, if not, I’ll take it down in one go.” he said, his tone switching from his gleeful self to a more ... stoic voice.

@Mari

Mari frowned when he laughed off her comment about calling him a almost good friend. She didn't...want there to be any misunderstandings. Mari reached out and placed a hand over his to reassure him. "Mac. I don't think you get what I'm saying." She said as she caught his crimson gaze. "You're a good friend to me. Hell, you're one of my only friends. I honestly don't know where I'd be right now if I didn't have you sticking your neck out for me, so for what its worth...thank you."  She let go of his hand then gave it an extra pat for good measure. 

Macradon grinned and tilted his head back to look up at the sky; Mari followed suit - watching the sunlight through the treetops, the distilled light was pleasant. Mari couldn't help but smile as she watched it trickle through the shifting leaves above. Her heart tugged, a painful reminder of what happened during the 10th floor boss fight, the Hydra where many people were lost. "Yeh...I know the feeling..." she said quietly. "Watching others die wishing you could have done something about it - but feeling utterly helpless in doing so." Mari sighed as she lowered her head shaking it. "Maybe its hypocritical of me to say such things though."

"You know, I may not have any points invested in it, but I did get that hand combat skill." Mari jested with a uppercut into the air. "If someone uses you how about I jab them one? Course I doubt it'd do anything other than piss someone off - point made. Don't use or upset my friend or you'll get a freckled fist in your face!"

Ah... the dragon... Mari pulled out her dagger then lowered her stance. She watched as it hatched. It's tiny head popping up through a crack as it gave a cute little growl. "Arhg." Mari ran her spare hand through her hair. "Why does it have to be so cute." She mumbled as she shook her head. No. She couldn't think like that, this was meant to be a quest, a monster - it'd suck...but she had to hurt it. She glanced over at Macradon. She wanted to prove herself to him. To be worthy of the frontlines, and to be worthy enough for him to call her his friend.

There was enough distance between them that she'd be able to activate a charged attack. Good. Good. She flipped her dagger so she was holding it backward, her hand gripping the black handle tighter. She sprung off the ground, her dagger flashed as she activated the <<Eternal Cyclone>> Skill. The poor dragon had barely managed to pull itself out of its egg before her dagger tore through it. Again and again, as she span on her heel - tearing through its flesh. It fell to the ground with only a sliver of HP remaining. Mari winced as she watched it cry out in pain. She had done that. She had done that...

sh*t 

Mari watched as a status effect popped up over its head. Bleed. Right..her Kusanagi could do that couldn't it. Mari lifted her hand to rest on her heart. "It's...as good as dead, if it moves it'll die from bleed damage, right?" She asked as she turned to glance at Macradon. "Heh...I guess I wanted to show you what I could do but..." She lowered her gaze. "It still hurts. Hearing it crying out in pain like that. I get its a mob...a monster and its just an NPC - lines of data and code, but...goddamn that really tugs at my heart."

@Macradon

MARI LV 50  | HP 1030  | ENERGY 100
DAM:  11 | EVA 3  | MIT 25 | ACC 4 | FLAME AURA 2

ID#135118  BD: 8+4-1=13  |  SUCCESS  + BLEED ACTIVATED
11+5 (CHARGE)  16 x 13 (ETERNAL CYCLONE) = 208-35=173 Damage dealt!

Zylara: The Quartz Hatchling
BLEED -24 Damage 2/2 turns

HP: 2/175 - MIT: 35  ACC:1 EVA: 0 DAMAGE: 65
<<Mend Mini-Twigs>> : On a natural roll of 15+ in LD when this attacks, miniature sticks will form in front of your character in attempts to trip you, in result you will receive -1 ACC on your current

Edited by Mari

As Mari grabbed his hand, he would clench it in reply “I appreciate it, I really do.” he said with a warm smile. It was nice to have someone think dearly of you, he thought he knew the feeling, but as things slowly began to blend out into “just work buddies”, there wasn’t as much comradery in the frontlines as he had anticipated it to be, it was near spiteful rivalries between guilds and non-guild players, it was a harsh place, but hopefully that will change or has been changed, Macradon hoped so.

He shrugged at Mari’s comments about herself “Hypocrite or not, no one’s perfect.” he said with a short chortle at the end to try and lighten up the conversation. He chuckled, “I would love for someone to stand up for me, it feels wrong to be nearing max out in levels and have someone else stand up for me, it’s usually me who has to be the front and take the brunt of the force for others. I would take up your offer some day.” he said with a wink in his eye.

Mari was seemingly eager to show some more combat prowess as she approached the small dragon hatchling with a Charge and a flurry of blows from her dagger, it was a vicious cycle, or spin?, as each blow made the small hatchling cry out in “pain”, it seemed just as hard for Mari to do it like the other, but this one held on for a bit longer as well, perhaps a rather inhumane kill as its health slowly depleted to the red, and then into nothingness. Crystalline shards and polygons covered the area the small dragon occupied as it dispersed on its hit points reaching 0. He slowly sheathed his sword again and walked into the clearing.

Nodding his head in an approving manner, Macradon would compliment the woman “I’m quite impressed with how great you’re handling this despite your not so eager mindset of killing small helpless babies, but I get that. I’m not a big fan of bleeding targets to death, reminds me too much of bow hunting back in real life, wasn’t as instantaneous as it could, the animal would suffer until it bled to death … but I guess it’s “just a game mechanic” for now.” he said and went over to Mari to give her a pad on her shoulder “You did well.” he said encouragingly with a smile.

@Mari

HP: 0/175 - MIT: 35  ACC:1 EVA: 0 DAMAGE: 65

As the dragon disappeared into a flurry of crystals, bleeding out being its final death - she sighed. It...was not the way she would want to go. The poor thing barely had a chance - wasn't even able to attack them. Macradon did say the first few dragons would be like this. Mari bent over and picked up the items it left behind, <<Zylaras Quartz>>- and some Col.  "Right, there's about 600 here - so thats 300 each. Not too  bad I guess, although - If I am being honest - I really have no idea the worth of Col these days. I know Ceres complains about it being a broken system - but I've never really seen a need for it. I used to craft whatever I needed, and most shops I can't even enter - If I did - many people want mats instead right?" Mari asked with a tilt of her head. 

Macradon had approached her from behind, offering her kind words. 

"Oh, and don't worry." Mari flexed- revealing a total of 0% muscle mass. "I'm already Tier 3 now, give me about a month and I'll be close to where you are at! Just you wait!" She flexed again before lowering her hands. "I may not be able to take the brunt force of things, but at least I can deal a lot of bleed and burn damage now." She added as she ran a finger down the leather of her new harness. "Although all these attacks make me wonder if I should have stayed with dagger after all." She glanced at the place where the baby dragon was. "I know I could always attempt to re-allocate my skills, but using something else, just for the sake of numbers feels...off somehow."

She felt him offer a reassuring pat on her shoulder. Mari tried to give him her best smile. "Thanks Mac -" She paused when she got a message, about the next dragon. "O-Oh..." She shifted so Macradon could see her HUD - even though he had probably received the same message. "Have you done the next dragon? G-Geedora? The Opal Hatchling...hmmm...this one looks like it may take a few hits this time, do you have any information on it?"

@Macradon

He raised his shoulders in a shrug, he wasn’t sure what the state of Col was anymore, he just kept throwing it an up-and-coming crafters so they had some work to do that wasn’t just grinding as well as just doing it to do it. “I’m not sure myself anymore … Col is … weird. I sometimes think I have too much of it, but also want more of it. For me personally it’s not that difficult to get my hands on, but it’s still not something I can properly grasp.” he said, trying to explain his point of view in the matter.

He chuckled at Mari’s flexing, it didn’t suit her at all, but it was still fun to watch. He nodded at her comment regarding numbers “I’ll agree, I’ve stuck with two-handed straight swords for a while now, and I’ve liked it since the beginning, even if my numbers aren’t particularly high, I still make an effort to shine with an all-rounder like this.”  he said, pointing with his thumb over his shoulder to his sword.

Looking over at Mari’s HUD message, Macradon would open up his own to find his notes “I’ve done some research, I have a friend, Hikoru, he has an unofficial brokers guild, so if there’s something to know, he knows it.” he said and continued “The hatchling has an effective health value of around 270, depending on how many times you hit it before you deal enough damage. When you engage in battle with the hatchling, two cultist spawn to its aide, I can sweep the floor with all three if you want the upcoming battle to be a breeze.” he proposed.

@Mari

"I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so." Mari said when Macradon voiced her sentiments on Col. "Honestly, I just throw it at people who need it. But I guess its harder for them to trust me." She said with an awkward and forced laugh. Could she blame them? No. Hell she barely trusted anyone she met. It was hard to get over things that happened in the past... no that was the wrong phrasing, perhaps..coming to terms? Yeh... Mari was doing her best to repent, but it was only natural that the world wouldn't let it be so easy.  

Mari watched as Macradon pointed at the sword that hung on his back. Talking about how it's not always about numbers, sometimes its about what people are comfortable with. Mari crossed her arms. "True, but daggers have no AoE - I guess that's what bothered me, but It makes sense, such a tiny little thing really shouldn't be able to perform an attack that'd injure more than one opponent."

She listened as Macradon talked about the plan in further detail, giving her information she didn't have. Hikoru. Hey. She knew him. A soft smile played across her lips when she thought about the kid. He was having a tough time, even pulled a dagger to her throat - but after that, he cried, curled up in her lap till he was so exhausted he had slept. It made Mari feel...useful, almost relieved. Hikoru...yeh, that was a name she didn't mind hearing. 

"If you sweep the floor with them first; then I can run in after and initiate the first strike on the hatchling. I don't think I'll be able to wipe this one out in a single blow though - my dagger doesn't quite have that much oomph." Mari glanced up at the sky. "We still got daylight left, did you want to do this today?" She asked. "Or would you prefer to go rest up- I don't want to keep you if you have plans."

@Macradon

He nodded “Many times people think I have ulterior motives when I give them a buttload of Col for seemingly no reason, I can see why, as a random person throwing money after you doesn’t really show much friendliness unless you get to know the person beforehand ..” the knight said agreeingly. He raised his shoulders in a shrug “Not everybody needs AOE, it’s up to you if you’d like to have the utility, as well as the energy consumption, of being able to hit multiple enemies at the same time in a single attack.” Macradon explained. Choosing a weapon-type was usually a personal thing, but sometimes people did it for the numbers. He knew a good amount of people who chose to take Two Handed Spear for max damage, and some chose Two Handed Straight Sword for the AOE capability.

Listening to Mari’s addition to the plan Macradon would nod “Plan looks sound, I’m ready to do it today.”. He was ready to keep on fighting, and against a group of enemies, that’s what Macradon was best at, his core competencies. “Let’s go!” he cheered and began walking towards the second floor’s boss rom “If we’re doing a proper stride, we can get there with time to spare!” he said with a smile as he pranced through the forest.

@Mari