[PP-F2] <<Dragon Hunter Anthology - Dragon Hunt 2: the Quartz Hatchling>> GO, GO Dragon Hunters!

Mari snorted as they began their stride to the next floor. "Pfft...yeh Mac if I didn't know you and you just chucked a sack of Col at me I'd be asking a lot of questions. 'Who the heck is this red eyed maniac?'  'Why are they throwing col at me'  'what do they want'   'is this a trick...' "  Mari rattled off a few questions, rolling her hand as she continued. "And why oh why did this grandpa haired man pick me of all people to give the col too?"

She kicked at a rock and watched it bounce along the ground. It felt...nice to be able to chat so casually with someone. When was the last time she was able to do this? Two years? Three? Hell, maybe before she even entered Sword Art Online. "But...." Mari began. "Having known you, I think I'm just grateful that I get to hang around you." She finally said. She didn't want to make it too mushy, she was not good with words even at the best of times. Still. Mari felt like it constantly needed to be said. Not just for her own sake but for his too. It sounded like a lot of people had abused Macradon's kindness.

"I think I'll stick with a dagger - it just feels more like me and I've already lost so much of who I am...I'd be scared to loose any more."

Macradon had picked up his speed, wanting to get to the next floor quickly. Or 'with time to spare' in his words. "H-hey! Wait for me!" Mari called out after him as they headed to the next tiny baby dragon.