[F11-PP] A Walk Through the Forest

Benjamin was waiting at the exit for the town of Taft, readying his items for an adventure out in the woods- Hopefully one that was quiet this time. he thought to himself. He had a few of these quiet gathering expeditions of his turn into a lot of running and hiding after the wrong monsters showed up, and he hadn't scouted out this floor as much as he would like.  If he were being honest, he should have gone to a lower floor to start with today, but he would need at least some tier 2 items to provide to the front liners when they took on the next boss room. 

Still, he was more worried about his new partner in this venture- as enjoyable as it would be to have another crafter and gatherer along, he hadn't yet asked her about what kind of defenses she would have against the monsters here. Even if they never planned to run into any... at least he brought some spare supplies for the both of them. Those should help keep them safe.

He kept those thoughts running through his head, over and over as he readjusted his pack once again, still not quite enough to fully put his worry to rest. 

@Ceres

Spoiler

Level - 22
HP - 440
ENG - 44
DMG - 3 (1 base + 1 skills + 1 equipment)
MIT - 0
ACC - +1 (1 equipment)
EVA - 3 (3 Equipment)

[EQ] [T1 Rare Dagger] Emerald Shiv - ACC 1, DMG 1
[EQ] [T1 Perfect Charm] Finder's Feather - Loot Die (3)
[EQ] [T1 Perfect Charm] Green Leaf - Evasion (3)

(Total LD +5 from skills and items)

Battle Ready Items- (+3 due to skill, +1 due to dimensional backpack)
(5) Lesser Basic Healing salve (Heals 20 HP)
(3) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)
(3) Basic Healing salve (Heals 40 HP)
(2) Teleport Crystal
(5) Lesser Burning Edge Potion (+1 Dmg)
(5) Lesser Antivenom Balm (Antidote 1)
(1) Venom Coating (T1 Toxic Venom)
(1) Basic Healing Salve (Heals 40 HP)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ceres poked Benjamin in the middle of his back. "Boop~" She then took a few steps forward. "Hello Benjamin~" She said in an elongated and cheerful tone. It would be really nice to be able to do some gathering, with someone else for once. She did plan on doing another run on her own, grabbing some T3 items, but she also wanted to grab the pick-locking skill before delving into the T3 floor area. She also had to train her familiar...but that would come in due time. Ceres' unruly rose-red hair was tied back up, in a high ponytail. She wore her usual attire; a white shirt and pant combo with a short sleeved-burgundy shawl wrapped around over them. 

For now, T2 would suffice, just as well. Besides...this time she had someone else. Ceres looked up at him. He looked confident enough. He even had a pack of supplies. All Ceres had was a small leather satchel that was hanging over her shoulder. "You look very prepared. Have you been here before?" She asked. "I have. Last time I went gathering I found a few chests."  Ceres pulled out a small spyglass. "I bought one of these from my shop for when I went familiar hunting. It still ha a few charges left, maybe we'll get lucky today!"

@Benjamin Bookworm

CERES LV18  | HP 360/360  |  ENERGY 36
DAM+ 3 |  ACC +3  | LD+5

EQUIPPED
1H Sword +1 DAM
GOLD FEATHER HAIRPIN +3 ACC
LILY CORSAGE +3 LD

BATTLE READY INVENTORY
(3) Silver Keys
(5)  T1 Health Potion Uncommon  (+40HP)
(1) Spyglass Charge 2 left  (Find chests in 5 less posts)

Ben let out a bit of a yelp when Ceres came up from behind him, always a bit jumpy, and took a look at his new companion.  She was, well, a lot more relaxed looking than he was, and much lighter dressed.  He carried his backpack, a couple of pouches on his belt for the extra potions he carried, and a few tools that would help them grab materials. And now he was wondering if he over packed. 

"Ah, that'll come in handy.  I haven't gotten anything much to help out with chests yet, so it would be best to leave that part of the hunting to you." he said, thinking about what they would each be able to do on the mission. "I have the first aid skill if we run into a chest mimic or something, and we both should be able to get materials.  Probably even clear out each spot and move on pretty fast too..." he talked on, mostly running things through his head before asking Ceres. "Um, I should have asked this beforehand, but how did you want to split up what we find today?  Materials are easy enough, but if we find chests that might make it a bit trickier."

@Ceres

"Hmmm..." Ceres tapped her lip. "Depending what is in the chests... we can split the col - if we get unidentified items I guess it depends on what they are, we can split those buuuut...." Ceres gave him a sly grin. "If you get any, you should get them identified at my store~" She joked as she nudged him. Ceres didn't mind that he seemed a little jumpy -she just assumed that was who he was. Ceres wasn't one to judge someone so harshly or so easily.

"You sound like you're much more prepared than I am." Ceres mused. "I've focused everything in gathering - I even got the fishing skill. Generally...when I gather things I take the <<Natures Treasure>> Chest - that protects you from mimics or monstrous fish." 

She visibly shivered. "Ughh.. I hate fish monsters...It took me forever to defeat that one Sword Fish from the beginner quests - I want to avoid seeing one ever again." 

Ceres clapped her hands together then rubbed them, she was enthusiastic about their venture. "Right! Shall we get started? Do you know where you wanna go?"

@Benjamin Bookworm

Benjamin nodded, opening up his map ad setting the menu to be visible so that Ceres could see it.  "I've not been on this floor in a while, but the paths that have some good spots for gathering shouldn't have changed.  The biggest problem is simply avoiding the dangerous parts of the forest- there's a lot of areas with lots of spawns that tend to jump out from holes in the ground, and you wind up spending more time running and hiding than gathering... so let's stick with the mostly empty paths and fields." he told her as he pointed out the route he thought would work. "There's a nice body of water part of the way down there too, if you want to stop and try fishing for a while.  Might even be a good spot to break for a rest too." 

He didn't actually remember what kind of a- lake he wanted to say- was it, but it was about halfway down the trail, and at a convenient spot.  Plus it would be a good spot to stop at and make sure they didn't get lost. "If you are ready, we can start on the path and see how much we can gather up before it's time to head back for dinner."

@Ceres

Ceres leaned in close, one hand resting on Benjamins back so she wouldn't topple into him as she peered at his map. "Ohh.. I haven't been in that area before. I must have gone the opposite way last time I was here..." She said as she watched his finger trace along the path that they were to take. It should be easy enough to avoid the dangerous areas, right? Ceres nodded in agreement as she stepped back. "I'm good with that, I can be pretty fast at escaping if I need to. Oh! But I wouldn't leave you behind. I'd never ever do that to anyone!"

"I'm ready lets go~" Ceres said with a smile as she started walking, if he would follow - she'd start down the path. Pausing near a rock. "I always look around rocks for things." She said as she knelt down, peering through the grass and flowers that grew around it. Ceres sighed as she saw nothing, it was to be expected really, it was the first large-ish rock they came upon, she couldn't expect to just find something straight away. "Nothing here though..."

@Benjamin Bookworm

#ID134266    LD:4  +5=9 FAIL   CD: N/A  ( Bonus Materials)

Total Materials Found:0

Edited by Ceres

Ben nodded as he followed Ceres, looking at where she was searching. "Huh, I usually look more at plants and stuff that are used for potions rather than under rocks.  I thought that what you found under rocks is mostly used for blacksmithing and such- I've tried to focus on what can be used for mixing potions and stuff... hmm..." he said as he began checking some of the rocks on the other side of the roadway.

"And don't worry too much about making sure I'm following- I've got some experience fighting, and always carry a few extra teleport crystals.  I'd rather use them and make sure we both get out safely than risking a long fight we're not prepared for." he assured her.  He hadn't taken her for someone who'd abandon him if things got tough, but you really never knew someone until that point happened, he supposed.  It was nice to know she would be willing to though.

Looking under a couple of the rocks, he did find some interesting mosses- apparently some stuff he could use- and added them to his pack. A good start for the day.

Spoiler

Roll #134270
LD - 15+4 = 19, CD - 2
Found 2 materials

Total: 2 materials

@Ceres

"Ahh... I'm a merchant, so luckily I don't need to worry too much about specific materials. I just sell them all in the end anyway." Ceres said as she stood up and dusted her hands. "I just want to be able to have a ready supply of materials ready for those who need them. Sometimes frontliners don't have time to be hunting materials. Or the grandmaster alchemists and blacksmiths... so instead of them always having to go hunt them I wanna be able to provide a service to others, by offering materials fairly cheaply." Ceres smiled as she tugged on her hair, watching Benjamin grab some moss for himself.  "I really admire that about you Benjamin." She said softly. "You seem so prepared. I think...." Ceres trailed off as she remembered Alkors words to her, how she should be more prepared.

The redheaded woman laughed and scratched the back of her head. "Mmm I think I can be a little il equipped sometimes...  I keep thinking 'it'll be ok' but maybe.... I shouldn't be so carefree?"

Ceres began walking along the path again, pausing when she saw a few mushrooms, she picked them up and placed them in her satchel. "But at the same time...is it really so bad to be able to enjoy Aincrad like this?"

@Benjamin Bookworm

#ID  134363  LD:20 +5= 25   CD: 2 ( 1 Bonus Materials)
2 Materials

Total Materials Found: 2 T2  Materials

Edited by Ceres

"It... I guess it is nice out here.  I usually am more concerned about looking around for more places to loot. I haven't really done much of the sightseeing." he said, shifting uncomfortably. "It's not that I don't think it's good, it's just I've never really done that before. I kinda prefer my ledger and the nice, safe numbers most days. Less arguing from them really." He laughed at his own joke as he walked along, distractedly looking for some more materials as he went.

"It's not that I'm prepared, it's that I just spend a lot of my free time redoing my pack and what I'm making. Plus most of these items are just low level things that nobody ever buys from my shop, disappointingly." he looked out into the woods as he spoke, wondering what he really doing this for sometimes. "Besides, if it wasn't for players like us watching out for the front liners, they'd make progress a lot slower, right? And it's kinda nice feeling important like that..."

Spoiler

Roll #134270
LD - 1+4 = 5, CD - 2
Found 0 materials

Total: 2 materials

@Ceres

Ceres smiled at Benjamin, it seemed like they had a lot in common, both were more focused on gathering, and had similar mindsets. The key difference is that Ceres was definitely one who would stop and smell the roses, so to speak. Benjamin was more focused than her. But... realistically you could say that about everyone. Everyone was in no doubt, far more focused than Ceres. 

"I kinda argue with myself a lot..." Ceres said with a small snort. "I spend a lot of time by myself these days, and whilst it can get a little...lonely I don't really feel lonely you know? I'm content." Her lilac eyes shifted to another set of mushrooms, these ones were red with white spots - how...cartoonish she paused to pick one up, placing it in her satchel. The other, Ceres twirled around in her thumb and forefinger. "People are confusing. I often find myself in situations that make others awkward because I do or say the wrong thing. I say whats on my mind. I don't get the social norm of lying or trying to hide what you feel. That seems too stressful." She stood up and placed the second in her satchel. "Well, if they stay sitting there too long, you could always sell them to a merchant, get more col that way - maybe use it to buy a house or something? I wouldn't mind having  a small cottage, but I'm also more than content sleeping in my shop."

She peered through the spyglass as they casually walked down the path. "Pfft...this thing is great, I really should get another one soon. It's only  gone one charge left on it, and once its done poof! No more spyglass." Ceres handed it to Benjamin. "Did you want to look in it? It kinda just makes everything closer. I bet we could easily see a treasure chest with this."  Ceres pursed her lips, "Although...I have never tried opening one without being in the Natures Treasure Quest...I hope its not a mimic..."

#ID134389  LD:12 +5=17    CD:5  ( 1  Bonus Materials)
2 Materials

Total Materials Found by Ceres: 2 T4  Materials

@Benjamin Bookworm

Edited by Ceres

Ben took the telescope that was offered and took a long look through it as well.  "I've never understood much of that either. But then again, I never really understood much of what happened in the world that people did most of the time.  Dealing with people like that who spend so much time gossiping, so much time holding on to secrets...." he trailed off as the item used the last of it's durability, bursting into pixel shards.  His mind wandered back to is home as he thought about these things- and how glad he was to not be there.  Some days even a game like this was preferable... he thought as he scooped up another rock near where the last few telescope bits were, finding a big batch of, well, some sort of shiny moss under it.

"Um, actually, I do kinda already have a place for myself.  Just not very well furnished or anything yet.  But I always welcome friends over if you wanted something roomier than just a workshop to crash in.  Never really had that chance much before here." he offered, knowing how uncomfortable it is to try and sleep in your workshop- especially since he stayed up too late and did so more often than he should. "Plus... it's nice to have people to talk to. To keep you grounded."

Spoiler

Roll #134390
LD - 16+4 = 20, CD - 11
Found 1 + 3 bonus materials

Total: 6 materials 

@Ceres

Edited by Benjamin Bookworm
misprint on roll

"I've dealt with all sorts of people and it left me kinda closed off. It wasn't till I was in here that I started to open up and reach out to people more. It's funny, my store is called the best kept secret but realistically...I don't really hold any secrets. I am just a merchant and information broker." Ceres paused then offered Benjamin a wink. "A merchant who could buy your unused stock by the by~" 

They were nearing the entrance to the forest now, the path had a few trees dotted along it, along with other debris. "Oh!" Ceres grabbed Benjamins hand and pulled him forward till they stood in front of an old and dry log, it wasn't hollow, but it had a variety of plant life growing on its surface. "I love these things." Ceres gushed as she let go of his hand and knelt down by the log. "See look..." She started picking off materials, one by one. "You always find such good things on stuff like this, don't you think?"

Ceres shifted her lilac gaze to the path, which had began to twist into the forest. There would be lots more materials there, but also more chance at running into something. "Looks like we'll be hitting the forest soon." Ceres offered Benjamin a wide smile. "Yanno, the last few treasure chests I found were in a forest. One was in a log."  She patted the one beside them. "Much like this one!"

Ceres laughed, then sat herself down on the ground for a moment, her soft gaze watching Benjamin. "You're very accomplished. I admire that." Her smile widened. "And I'm glad that you also think of me as a friend, because I most certainly call you one, Benji~" Ceres extended her hand for him to shake if he so chose - "To friends and not driving ourselves crazy in solitude?"

#ID 134391       LD:19 +5=24    CD: 10 ( 3  Bonus Materials)
-4 Materials found

Total Materials Found by Ceres:  8 x  T2  Materials

@Benjamin Bookworm

Edited by Ceres

Ben smiled as he watched Ceres pulling materials from the ground- it was fun hanging out like this, and quite peaceful too. He took her hand in his and spoke as they shook. "Yes Ceres, I'd be honored to have a friend like you.  And someone else to talk to when things get tough... it's nice to have some cheer around" he answered, before moving to pick at some of the materials off the top of the log. "So, how about you do the honors of searching? I thought that you had some skills to find them better than I could, right?" he asked as he pocketed a few of the mushrooms himself.

"And I do promise to stop by your shop to sell off some of the items... it's just hard to swallow how little they go for once you break them down. Still, it was a mistake thinking that those lesser antidotes would ever be much use... and having nearly 50 clogging up my shelves is something I'd like to forget about soon enough."

Spoiler

Roll #134392
LD - 17+5 = 22, CD -7
Found 1 + 2 bonus materials

Total: 9 materials [T2]

@Ceres

Ceres grabbed one last flower off the log and pocketed it before grabbing Benjamins hand. "You know you have really soft hands." She commented, as usual she said whatever came to mind.  Ceres lifted herself off the ground and again, they were on the move, this time they had broached the entrance to the forest,  there was an immediate change of air, it was cooler here - and it smelt...woodsy..earthy... Ceres drew a deep breath, enjoying it.

She nodded. "mmm I suppose some col is better than no col...its difficult with identifying items - because unlike a blacksmith or artisan or...well any other profession I can't choose what enhancements they have. Its kinda randomized. People get upset because they dont have the perfect enhancements but there isn't a lot I can do." She sighed as she pushed her fringe away from her face. "It costs me a decent amount too. I try to keep my prices fair, but I guess you can't make everyone happy. Thing is, I barely make anything on identifications."

Ceres' lilac eyes shifted around the forest area as they entered. She pointed to a small divet just off the forest path. "What about there? It looks like a hole- see how those rocks don't quite match up? I bet there's definitely something hiding in there."

#ID 134393       LD:16 +5=21    CD:1  (   Bonus Materials)
-1 Materials found

Total Materials Found by Ceres:  9 x  T2  Materials

@Benjamin Bookworm

Edited by Ceres

"Soft hands... I- er- wait up!" he stuttered out as he was caught off guard by the comment, rushing to catch up to her in the forest.

The comment was quickly put into the back of his mind when he saw what was ahead by the rocks she was pointing at, instantly on alert, and drew out his dagger to go check it out. Poking his head over the top and cursing himself that they may have a monster so soon, he spotted the top of a brown, grass covered treasure chest down below. "Oh, that's good.  It's a chest down here- but, uh might be a bit tricky to get down there." he called out, holding out a hand if Ceres needed it to climb. Then blushing once more as her previous comment came to mind- she really didn't keep any secrets.

"I know there isn't much to be made in identifications- your place is the best prices too, which is why I stop by.  And keep hoping to find a healing booster one of these days, though they're rare as it gets. Mostly I just don't like breaking down the items I made... worrying that I'm going to want them the next day, or should have given them to a lower level character or something. But col is col, as you said." he chattered, realizing it would probably help her out a lot with leveling up if he sold of some of his excess to her.  Another reason to do so after their journey.

Spoiler

Roll #134394
LD - 19+5 = 24
Treasure chest found!

"Healing booster?" Ceres asked. "Like an over-health potion? I can keep my eyes out If I find one I'll put it aside for you ."  Ceres followed Benjamin as he peered over the edge - she followed suit, resting an arm on his back as she peered over his shoulder into the ditch. "OOoh~ What an amazing find there Benji!"  Ceres grinned as she pulled out a silver key, "Haha have a look!" She waved it to and fro. "This will help us, I'm really excited. I wonder what kind of treasure will be inside..." She put the key in her mouth, and gave him a grin.

Ceres then grabbed hold of his hand and swung herself down, her boots sliding down the ground till she lowered herself to the treasure chest. Ceres pulled the key from her mouth and sighed. "Phew..." Lilac eyes turned up to her companion. "You should stay up there! In case its a mimic we will need to run, right? I'll need you to pull me back up!" Ceres gave him a small thumbs up to alleviate any concerns he may have before she shifted her attention back to the chest.

It looked...old...covered in moss and rust. Ceres shifted to sit in front of it and stuck the silver key inside the rusted lock. It clicked. And she flinched, half expecting it to turn into a mimic. Seconds passed and nothing happened. The redhead breathed a sigh of relief "Phew..." She opened it up and checked what was inside.

"Oh....we got 3 Materials, two rare consumables...and 825 Col! That's fairly easy to split!" She called out as she put the items into her satchel. The chest disappeared and Ceres turned to Benjamin. She reached out to him and he pulled her back up and over the edge of the ditch.

Ceres couldn't help but laugh, "That was fun, and exhilarating! I hope we find some more chests today!" She turned her gaze to Benjamin, noticing his glasses were slightly askew, she reached out and corrected them. "Benji, where would you like to go now?"

#ID134395        LD: 7+2= 9  
(Floor * 75) Col, (3) materials, (2) rare consumables

Total Materials Found by Ceres:  11 x  T2  Materials
Total Consumables Found by Ceres: 2 x T2 Materials (LINK
Total Col Found by Ceres: 825 Col

-Silver Key used 2 remain

@Benjamin Bookworm

Edited by Ceres

"No, not like that kind of thing-" Ben said as he lowered Ceres into the chest. "It's an enhancement you use that boosts whatever healing abilities and items you use. I figure if I can get something like that I can become a healing force to be reckoned with soon enough. Problem is I've only ever seen one of them, and it went for more than a small house would, so it's just a dream right now.  Or a very lucky find in a chest." he answered as Ceres came back up out of the hole.

He was sure she was messing with him as he blushed at her playing with his glasses, staring back at her and swallowing before pointing where he thought his map was pointing, forgetting to check around for materials very hard. "Oh, um, we should be safe if we keep going this way. Maybe even get some more good finds like that as we go- there's plenty of nice spots to check out before we have to start looping around.  And if you want to keep the consumables, that's fine by me.  I make enough of them anyways."

Spoiler

Roll #134409
LD - 7+5 =12 , CD -1
Found 0 + 0 bonus materials

@Ceres

Ceres blinked when he offered her the consumables. "O-oh, oh but we're supposed to be splitting things evenly, right? It might be a really amazing thing. Like that item you were talking about." Ceres wasn't sure what potion would cost more than a small house. That sounded...absolutely ridiculous - "I...can't believe people would price live saving potions like that at such a high value." Ceres mumbled, more so to herself than to Benjamin, it annoyed her. "I get that Col is important and all, but so are our lives? If I had to choose between a fat wallet and saving someone in need, I'd pick saving someone in need."

Ceres shook the bad thoughts from her mind.

Ceres thought she caught something in Benjamins facial expression but she became distracted when he pointed away from himself. It was close to the path, and he was right. There did seem to be a lot of things around. Ceres smiled as she pushed herself to her feet, quickly dusting herself off before she offered a hand to Benjamin. "That sounds good, let's go."

@Benjamin Bookworm

#ID134410       LD:2 +5=0    CD:N/A  (Bonus Materials)

Edited by Ceres

Ben shook his head as he followed behind Ceres, a little confused. "Er, I think I must have explained that wrong- I was talking about an enhancement that items can have on them, not that consumables can have." he said as he hoped he didn't give the wrong impression. "A piece of light armor or something like that would have it, and it winds up so expensive because there's only a few that have ever been dropped, and lots of people want the buff since it works for combat focused builds and support builds."

He kept his eyes on the trail as he walked, picking up a few sets of herbs as he went and adding them to his bag- it had been a good day for it so far. "As for the consumables in the chest, well, they cost enough to identify that I usually can't justify it.  In most shops you can get a  consumable made for less than that, and it's not like there's a chance of the ones in the field being better than what they have." he sighed as he finished filling his pack and came up next to his new friend. "If I could farm col from monsters better, that would be a different story, but I usually just sell off the unidentified ones I grab to merchants, so it's like I cut out one of the steps if you just take 'em. They'll help you out more anyways."

Spoiler

Roll #134409
LD - 8+5 =13 (Using Multipurpose buff from basement from housing to add +1) = 14 , CD -11
Found 1 + 3 bonus materials

Total: 13 materials [T2]

@Ceres

"Oh....OHhhhh...." Ceres said as Benjamin further explained what he meant. She....still didn't quite get it. But she wasn't going to ask him to explain further, from what it soudned like - it was a unique enhancement, and There was little to no chance Ceres would ever find something like that.  "That makes sense." Ceres said, and in a way - it did. Rare or Unique items? That'd be something in high demand.

Ceres was easily distracted, every so often she'd stop to poke at a fungus growing from a tree, or see birds flutter away to hid in the foliage. For that brief moment she forget she should be gathering materials. Instead, she was just...enjoying the company. And she admitted as such, quite readily. "I'm really enjoying your company." Ceres turned to Benjamin with a smile. "It's gonna be hard to do these treks alone after this."

Ceres scratched the back of her head with a small laugh, "Eheh....yeh not many people ask for identifications... they're pricey, its why I keep them as close to base cost as I can... I keep a little higher percentage of the junk selling and keep everything else as cheap as possible. I think the most expensive thing I currently sell is a dimensional backpack."

Ceres felt a pang of ...she wasn't sure what it was? Envy? Dismay? When Benjamin mentioned that farming col from monsters was easy, better. But she couldn't do that. "I...don't really like fighting..." She muttered as she tugged on her red hair.

@Benjamin Bookworm

#ID134426      LD:4 +5=9    CD:N/A  (Bonus Materials)

Edited by Ceres