[F1-PP] <<The First Few Lessons Are Free>> Learning to craft with Mari!

Chuckling as his extremely poor verbal feint was somehow successful, he averted his eyes as she tried to dry off. "Perfectly fine, eh? Is that why I have a crazy strong lady drudging in the lake with me? It was the lab coat, right? Always knew it accentuated my curves." he joked, even cocking his hip to the side for the amusement factor. Wading slightly deeper to find some more stones, he said "I remember that fad. Bunch of lame dudes in the fantasy version of black trench coats, right? Looked like a bunch of shady drug-dealing kids. Of course, I was camped in the town at the time, so I'm assuming Darwinism did its work."

Standing up as she commented on his frame, he turned back with a slight smirk, "Well, I was originally big and buff and manly-looking, but then that GM dude went and screwed it up. Real life, I'm not quite so physically vigorous as my characters. Still somehow found a few girlfriends over the years, though. That's mainly why I finally decided to leave the town is to get home to her sometime before we all die of old age. I'd rather survive, though, so I figured sticking with what I know and tanking is probably my best bet. Let the crazies run in without a shield, I'll be hiding behind mine as much as I can. Plus, I figure my screaming like a little girl might serve as a good distraction."

However, as she mentioned moving to dry off, he had to ask "Uh... Go for a swim? Didn't you say there were some kinda monster fish in here? I don't think it'll be scared away by these broad shoulders, y'know." as he made his way a bit deeper nervously. He had never particularly liked open water such as lakes or oceans. Never knew what could be in there, especially in a game where things can spawn in the water. Not wanting to look the part of a coward, though, he did explore deeper into the water in spite of his trepidation, feeling around with both hands and feet as he studiously kept his back to the woman behind him, though he was surprised to feel some kind of fish swim right into his closing hand, like a gift from the lake. Pulling his hand out, he found what looked like a particularly ugly catfish as he commented, "Flowers, rocks, and an ugly fish that prolly tastes like the boot I found earlier. I don't envy whoever drinks this potion."

ID# 134449 Loot: 20

09/10 Materials Obtained

1/1 Soggy @Maris Obtained

shady drug dealing kids..

'ppfft-' She tried to hide it, but Mari couldn't help but laugh at the comment. She wasn't sure how to pin this guy, or what his intentions were - all in all, on the surface he just appeared to be some tall, lanky, idiot. "Darwinism may just take you yet." She mused, a light jab at his jovial behavior.

Mari sat on the riverside, letting the sun warm her limbs. It wasn't like she'd get sun burnt here - and the game mechanics didn't quite register sun=more freckles like real life did. So Mari was fine with sitting there. "I was taller, and had longer hair before he made us all look like well...ourselves I assume it was meant to be a detriment to doing ill deeds. But with masks, tattoos, and dyes was there any real point in it?" Mari asked herself more so than Kendre.

Kendre mentioned his girlfriend on the outside. She couldn't relate - but she could sympathize. Just like everyone else she had met - he had someone to return home to. Someone waiting for him on the other side. Mari envied that. She didn't have anyone. Her smile faded and her body slumped as she dwelt on that fact. She...really didn't have anyone like that anymore. She watched as he moved out deeper; she wasn't being serious about him going for a swim - but he took it literally. Mari wasn't going to correct him. Let the man do what he wants. 'Sides it gave her space which she welcomed. 

He returned after with what barely passed as a fish. "You know you're the one who makes and consumes the potions, right?"

@Kendre

#134450  LD: 6
9/10 Materials obtained

Edited by Mari

Smiling softly at her laugh, he was rather surprised at the reaction as it was the first genuine merriment he had seen from the woman so far. Dragging the uglyfish back to shore carefully, still facing away, he chuckled softly at her Darwinism comment and retorted "Not such a bad thing. Never really liked the real world much, anyway. Only thing that really keeps me caring at all is family, books, and gaming. Although, I guess I can't really count gaming in that list, now that it's trying to kill me, too. Man, so much for escapism..."

Shrugging as she asked about masks and whatnot, he commented "Well, I suppose to some degree, but at the same time, did you see all the idiots who went from girls to guys in the plaza? Too funny. And as for your appearance, though I might be biased toward redheads, but I think you're plenty attractive as you are. Plus, let's be real, but the most gorgeous people in the world can be some really ugly people, and vice versa. Personality goes a lot further, especially on the net, than looks."

Tossing the fish over his shoulder onto the shore, he noticed an unshapely, lumpy turtle crawling into the water and scooped it up, too. "And there's ten of the weirdest potion ingredients ever. I'll totally give these to one of my friends. I ain't eatin' the uglyfish. So what now, off to this merchant guy? How are you supposed to turn in your half of the mats, if he's in town?"

ID# 134451 Loot: 11

10/10 Materials Obtained

1/1 Dry @Maris Obtained

Edited by Kendre

Mari was mostly dry by the time Kendre had come back to shore - she stood and equipped her jumper - in a flash her body was figuratively swimming in the oversize article of clothing. some of his wording had confused her though -he said the only thing that kept him going was family, books and gaming, where was his girlfriend in all of that? Or did he count her into his family. That...was somehow sweet.

"I don't have family." Mari said simply. It wasn't meant to put a damper on things, it was just a statement of fact. "The only thing waiting for me outside is a possible prison sentence, but...I'm ok with that."

Kendre managed to keep the conversation light, as he mentioned how many girls turned to guys in the plaza when Kayaba or whoever worked his magic and made everyone  look like themselves. Mari snorted at the comment, and opened her mouth to respond but his compliment forced her to snap it shut.

"Right well..." Mari scratched her cheek, turning away from him. "I can't do much else for you here. What you need to do now is go back to the Alchemist, and try crafting stuff. Then you'll be rewarded some potions I'm too high leveled to get the rewards anyway.." She managed to give him a small grin. "Guess you get to enjoy the taste of catfish and rocks."  Mari opened up her HUD and shifted closer to Kendre, so he could once again look over it. "See he'll tell you to to visit his friend - that's where you pick up the next quest. I'll wait out here for you if you want. We can probably get them all done today if you move those hips of yours."

Waving his hand dismissively at her comment on family, he remarked "People say that you don't pick your family; That's bull. Most of my family isn't related to me, and none of my family shares my irl surname. That includes blood relatives. Personally, I like to think of the people who stand by you, no matter what, as my real family. You don't choose your relatives, true, but you can certainly choose everything and everyone afterward. If I can figure out where they got off to, some of my not-family family are actually here. I'll introduce you sometime. As for prison, well... That sucks."

Nodding his understanding at her instruction, he smirked at the remark on his ingredients, responding "Naaaah, I have friends for that. What they don't know has a chance to not hurt them, after all!" before examining Mari's HUD as she explained the next steps. Grinning softly at her closing comment, he swished his hips, bumping his hip against hers as he responded "If you insist..." before looking for the direction back to town. Assuming Mari would guide him back on track if he went the wrong way, as he often did, he pretended to confidently stride back the way he thought they had come.

Eventually arriving back at the town, he smiled and waved at Mari before making his way back into the town. Having spent five years hiding here, he knew most of the streets and alleys, and so made his way to the Alchemist's shop with little issue. Ready to draw his hammer, purely for potion-brewing purposes, he made his way over to the Alchemist and waited to see how things would go. You never really knew with those Alchemist types; might make you a healing potion, might blow up their house. Ken was hoping for the former!

10/10 Materials Obtained

1/1 @Maris Lost

1/1 Possible Crazy Alchemist Obtained

Mari snorted. "Mm.. True. Let me rephrase. I don't have anythin'  like that waiting for me on the outside." She waved the comment off dismissively. "Don't take it the wrong way, I'm not saying it for sympathy or nothing - to  me...it's just a fact. Nothing more. People place too much importance on needing others around them when we should be satisfied with ourselves." She didn't sound like she entirely believed those words- but Mari was trying hard to push through things on her own. If she kept saying these things, maybe one day, she'd believe them.

Boy I'm such a f**king hypocrite for sayin' that. Especially after everything with Alkor.

Mari was surprised to hear that Kendre was so willing to introduce his friends to her. "Mmm...do you think that is a good idea?" She asked. "I mean..." she pointed up at the orange crystal. Then gestured to herself. She didn't think she exactly exemplified the whole 'people person' persona.

She waved him off as Kendre headed back toward the town, a small frown played on her lips. "....I...don't know if he's gonna be able to finish this on his own."

@Kendre

Smiling back at her response, he had simply added in a quick comment over the shoulder, "If that's what makes you happy, then that's what you should go for. Whether your happiness is internal or external, lonely or accompanied, as far as I'm concerned, enjoyment is the only real reason to be alive. What's the point if you're not enjoying it, y'know?" However, as he stood here with some weird, NPC old dude, he ruminated on his words and their discussions as a whole. They had both, seemingly at least, been honest; however, he felt that maybe he was being a bit too forward. After all, they had only just met and he was just freely speaking his mind, which had not only not always gone right, but in most cases screwed things up. He didn't mind too much either way, but practically speaking, this was a situation where less enemies and more allies is always advisable. "Too little too late, I suppose. Let's just hope I didn't screw the pooch on this one..." he muttered quietly, slapping miscellaneous forest junk on the poor alchemist's counter.

"You're lucky you can't smell this, NPC dude. Uhhh...Zakariah, I guess? Ehhh, NPC dude is good enough for you." Ken joked, mostly to himself, as he began the, hopefully fast, process of crafting poiso... err, potions. Finishing the potion on his first try, Ken eyes the alchemist warily before handing it over, feeling like this is too easy for a death game. Taking the package NPC dude hands him, Ken promptly gets out of there, just in case the place explodes. Never trust an Alchemist, after all. Eyeing the miscellaneous package, he finds himself unable to determine the contents for certain, and instead focuses on high-tailing it to NPC Dude #2, aka Lyle Whatsisname or something.

Feeling notably bored of fetch-questing already, Ken steps into Lyle's shop and dispenses with any form of pleasantries, eager to finish this tedium. Handing the package to Lyle, Ken is disappointed to hear Lyle say, "Thanks, Kendre! I could use your help on another matter, as well." Sighing heavily, Ken pulls up his UI again and finishes off this quest in lieu of the next.

ID# 134674 Craft: 8

1/1 Pots Crafted (Rare Success)

0/0 Pots Obtained (cause NPC dude won't share)

1/1 Packages Delivered

@Mari

Edited by Kendre
Protecting Mari from Filler-posts