[PP-F2?] Nomad That Wanders «Nature's Treasure»

Taking care to slip past keeping a wide berth around most hostiles on the floors, Raidou keeps his wits about him traversing the walkways paved by the others. Careful steps slinking in and out of aggro range to the best of his abilities has become adept at avoiding unnecessary combat and interaction, Raidou moves on to Floor 21. Glistening gemstone littered walls meet his eyes, fancy to some but not to an apothecary. Hugging the walls of the slightly damp stone, forming spires of jagged edges from the top and bottom Raidou finds himself a ping. 

*blip*

With a swipe of a right hand, a HUD all too familiar slides into his vision.

A small gold dot appears on his Mini-map

"There we are...."

Following the winding path, Raidou slips through a small slit in the wall with a bit of a squeeze.

The gold dot fades from his map he overlooks a small collection of brightly colored leaves littered in a small circle, and he kneels down but digging through the pile of these golden leaves yields nothing of worth at first.

# 134383 LD:12+5, CD:10

[Gatherer Activated!]

4*T3 Materials Obtained!

"Looks to be torn up a bit..." Raidou exclaims looking down at some footprints trailing through them. he continues to peel through the lot before finding quite a few worth using in the wreckage

Edited by Raidou

Sliding up, Dusting off his knees Raidou slides his way back out from which he came. A passing trope of players slide by and he halts "Move along..." Raidou whispers softly letting the posse pass by before he presses on. The path begins to wind down further, a faint scent of pitch or something of that nature finds its home in one's nose. This scent isn't pleasant and almost burns one's nostrils, Raidou pulls the edge of his robe to his face filtering the incoming stench.

The air becomes almost staggering at first before it clears, Raidou notices his hud light up for just but a moment as he passes through the foul smell.

Raidou takes 1 point of environmental damage!

Raidou: HP: 459/460

Clearing this area, Raidou thinks quietly while continuing the journey Rather dangerous in here, if the creatures don't kill you the air will...

Suddenly a similar sound

*blip*

A slide of the hand, Raidou drags and repositions the HUD. That same gold dot he's become accustomed.

Looking to it based on direction, a small narrow opening at the base of a rough stone wall leads into a circular chamber with a patch of gleaming red leaves obscured off the beaten path. Leaning down, Raidou whispers "Let's see here...."

# 134384 CD:4, LD:2+5

Tearing into the small shrubs, the few he retracts he deems unusable.

Edited by Raidou

"No..." like a chain of words being written on a typewriter it continues to flow from his lips. Plant after plant is tossed or dropped to the side, each being withered or damaged when removed. Leaning into the patch and running his hand across the surface, Raidou notices some small steps here as well. The impressions seem small, narrow about 6 inches in length from heel to toe. "What made these?" Raidou scoffs at the fact that something so careless trampled these underfoot. Continuing to dig and peel them from the earth, sounds of the root snapping and breaking at each pull Raidou continues the search...

#134385 LD:20, CD:9

[Gatherer Activated]

3*T3 Materials Obtained!

Raidou stops for a moment pulling one from the soil, the crimson red leaves shine in a subtle but all too familiar sheen. Pulling his menu open and looking at it with a finer eye, he has found what he's been looking for in this damp and darkened cave. A couple more, from where this one has been removed in equal quality and Raidou scoops them into his satchel and exits as to not find what left such prints

Edited by Raidou

The stench is getting to Raidou, He starts to traverse the berth of the cave. A passing glance into the small village clad with mushrooms from a distance, the small ragtag sign reading back a name.

[Tomoika]

Looking onward, players on this floor are gathered around the center of this small village, but Raidou does his best to slip by unnoticed. A quick slide around prying eyes, Raidou slides to a halt at the gate and moves down the line to the next floor in sequence continuing the journey.

Floor 22

The dark cave turns to light, brighter than most it seems a blaring sun gleaming off the surface of a brightened waters edge. Raidou's eyes dilate and he covers them with a gloved hand, shielding the oncoming battalion of rays now assailing them. A sudden sound again rings on his now replaced minimap.

*blip*

"Already a hit..." Raidou mutters moving toward it still a bit dazed from the sudden light change. Coming to the end breaking through some trees a batch of blue comes into eyesight before the reticule fades. Leaning down he gets to work.

# 134386 CD:4, LD:6+5

Edited by Raidou

"I feel like the quality is failing" Raidou exclaims, digging through them as one breaks in his hand after removal. The leaves turn to dust with a soft

*pop*

With a sigh but determination, Raidou continues to work the patch until its picked clean. Between bouts of extraction, looking on to the white wooded trees nearby Raidou takes in his surroundings but a moment. A deep breath fills one's senses with the fragrance of freshly chopped trees, but no logs nearby have been fell. South from him, it appears the treeline is thickest here and to the north a tower of stone with peaks that shatter a bright blue sky.

"Beautiful... Too bad it's a fake artificial hell, manufactured like a steel cage with no exits." Raidou says returning his eyes to the patch at his feet...

#134388 CD:12, LD:9+5

The herbs he removes is shoddy with leaves too green, not being quite mature enough for synthesis into a stronger concoction 

Edited by Raidou

"Whatcha doin'..." a softer feminine voice from behind him breaks the backdrop of forest sounds. Raidou stops and tenses up and with a small jitter turns his head to see a small blue-haired girl piercing the back of him. Raidou's face hits the dirt and face first he slinks forward building some distance from her, finding a stone that protrudes from the earth with a hefty thud. A bit of shifting soil Raidou flattens out on the surface now face first in the dirt.

"Your a little odd." the girl exclaims with a chuckle moving closer to the boy planted like a flower in the ground.

original.jpg.18a112836963bef55dc6d30b1d9012e1.jpg

Raidou looks up to a chuckle a bit uneasy and furious. The face staring back at him reminds him of an old friend, but he can tell it's not her. "What do you want from me..?" Raidou whispers barely loud enough to make out. He slides his head up his sturdy stone pillow propping himself up a tad and brings a hand to his glasses, readjusting them trying to plot an escape.

Edited by Raidou

"Just wondering...what your doing is all, I didn't mean to startle you..."

The girl remarks softly a bit retracted as Raidou's eyes dart about weighing his options. Raidou relaxes a bit still looking for a way out, but the girl kind of has him cornered between a rock and well a hard to deal with for him place. Raidou rolls quickly to his left shifting his weight and placing his right hand to the ground, and with a spring he lands heels first and slides back before his toes plant to the ground with a huff.

Moving his lenses he replies "I'm just.... collecting some plants." 
"Oh, you're doing «Nature's Treasure»..." she says softly as to not dignify another weird reaction from the strange boy. Raidou looks back to her "Doing what? no... I'm just picking herbs..." a bit confused about what she's implying. She simply stares at him blankly for a moment in awe.

"You're out here gathering, you know its much easier if you do it with that quest active right?" the girl explains placing wrists to her hips and with a chuckle, she continues "The quality of what you find will be much better and you're less likely to be interrupted by the game as well."

Raidou grabs at his head as his pupils dilate, his world comes figuratively to an end. Thoughts dance around in his head like silent screams from darkest nightmares.

How could I not have known this, I consider myself a scholar but I missed such an important detail.
I'm a fool! what would Shakespeare or Da Vinci think of me now! an imbecile and nothing more than the ground beneath their gilded toes

Raidou now lost in his world staring silently at the ground as his world has been shattered by this recollection that he could be so blind and ignorant. 

A soft voice once again breaks the silence "You ok in there?" as she waves a hand in front of his face but no response like there's no one home. She pauses for a minute before she decides something, linking her arm to his right "Come on weirdo, let me show you..." Leading the zombie in tow toward the gate leading to:

Floor 21 

Leading the red robe wearing vegetable to the board and releasing his arm she points to a slip of paper on its surface. "Accept this and then try gathering as you have been. You'll get a lot more bang for your buck so to speak." Then she turns and begins to leave "Best of luck, on uh whatever you're doing."

Raidou grabs her wrist as she begins to leave and with a soft whisper falling from his lips in a stutter "y-your...name...please" as he adjusts the glasses on his face

Her face flushes a bit "My name... is Aoiki its nice to meet you uh..." and she pauses looking to the hand wrapped around her arm. The grip is soft but present and it's hard to understand the feeling that flows from it.

"r-Raidou... m-my name is Raidou" he drops the words to the floor in fragmented pieces. "A-Aoiki-i... I uh..." Raidou struggles to fumble his way through the words before he gathers the courage he needs "T-thanks..." as releases her hand and corrects his glasses defensively as always and averts her gaze.

Aoiki looks to him confused and she pulls her arm to her chest almost in recovery. "Don't mention it, it's no big deal" she shouts a bit taken back by the response. "no need to be so...dramatic." 

Taking a step back she builds some distance from the weirdo, who seems earnest but is a bit creepy as well "Well... best of luck buddy."

Raidou pays her the last of the words he could muster as his attentions turn to the board. Sliding the menu open with a flick of a hand upward the menu adjusts and scrolls rapidly before it's halted with a pinpoint jab of the finger. A sub box appears on top of the previous screen spewing out details of «Nature's Treasure» and Raidou's eyes dart from left to right reading it rapidly before he drops his head in slight shame and jabs a small green O to accept it.

«Nature's Treasure» Accepted!

Aoiki tries her best to just expedite herself away, but some strange force seems to be tethering her. Each step away becomes harder and harder until they fall silent. Shouting out with her back turned from him "Listen, your obviously new or something I'll just go with you so you don't die, don't get any stupid ideas about this..." as she begins to walk back to the quest board

Edited by Raidou

Popping the menu ajar with a soft shove of Raidou out of perspective, she scrolls and selects the same quest. Aoiki then turns to him with a face filled with a strange mixture of anger and pity. "B-but, I'll be fine. T-this is what I..." Raidou struggles to fight back but she doesn't accept his words. "Invite me and let's get going before I change my mind." A knot forms in Raidou's throat as his eyes pan left and right, he begins to ponder:

Why me, what did I do to deserve this

I gotta get out of here!

Aoiki notices his discomfort and grabs his collar "Just do it...ok?"

Taken back but feeling a bit cornered, Raidou simply nods and flips his menu open, navigating to his targetting and sending her an invite with a quivering finger. A small *blip* rings from both players Hud as the notification is sent.

She releases him as his HP bar becomes apparent on the left side of her screen. Thinking silently to herself Why the hell am I helping him? Aoiki begins to trail out of [Tomoika] into the floor's more dangerous areas. "You coming or you just going to stand there?" she berates making sure he doesn't escape her.

"I was j-just..." Raidou stammers before he moves to her side and though struggling obey's quietly.

"Why are you gathering so blindly for anyway..." Aoiki remarks in attempts to break the tension, but not only for Raidou's sake. The trail continues until Raidou receives a ping notification on his hud "Look..." The distraction drawing his attention away from his uncomfortable position. Taking the lead with a few rapidly shuffled steps, Raidou moves on ahead and leans over this small patch of white amongst the stone beneath his feet and leans down getting to work.

# 134420 CD: 2, LD 16+5

[Gatherer Activated!] +1 Bonus Material

4*T3 Materials Obtained

Edited by Raidou

Pulling free a couple of valuable Cold-Ivory he stares down intensely at the patch at his feet. Pouching the herbs in question rapidly his deft hands begin to graze again, he's been doing this for years and it shows in his ability. Aoiki leans down near him and watches his hands move subtly while she gathers her own materials for quest completion.

# 134421 CD: 5, LD: 20+5

4*T3 Materials Obtained

[Gatherer Activated!] +1 Bonus Material

Raidou continues tearing into this patch white-tipped herbs, the quality seemingly significantly better than before "I a-appreciate the h-help..." Raidou remarks to the female to his right. Aoiki builds a bit of distance between them "I've been meaning to do this if anything I'm doing this for me, so don't worry about it." remarked as she continues digging to a lesser degree at his side.

"S-so you're an a-alchemist then?" Raidou mutters trying his best to be normal and talk to the assailant at his side.

She stares at him blankly trying to understand his weird behavior "Hardly...I took merchant but I never use my shop."

Edited by Raidou

"A-a merchant, y-you must talk to a lot... of people" Raidou mutters looking at her before her noticing her gaze and his vision darts back to the soil underfoot. "Not really, I don't really care for professions but doing easy things like this helps out building my skills once in a while." Aoiki explains before her frustration starts to build as Raidou keeps avoiding looking at her. Pulling one free for herself with a snap a bit on the aggressive side, looking down at the soil. She rustles a bit and adds the material to a small attached bag on her thigh.

#134422 CD:11, LD: 6+5

[Gatherer Activated!] +3 Bonus Materials

4*T3 Materials Obtained

Raidou deftly pulls a few more from the soil, piece by piece creating a small pile of white in his satchel completely ignorant to Aoiki's growing anger. A peaceful expression painted softly on his face as he grazes over the small collection underfoot. Each subtle shift and pull careful and selective from Raidou purveying his experience.

Edited by Raidou

"Your good at this, is this all you do in here?" Aoiki prods a bit trying to understand Raidou's motives. Remaining silent Raidou says nothing and the cavern falls a bit silent as the sounds of breaking roots are the only audio persisting and echoing through the stone walls.

Anger begins to boil even hotter within Aoiki, her face starting to flush she tries to focus on completion I'll just finish this and whatever... Trying her best to keep a level and cool head despite her growing ferocity. Peacefully in serenity, Raidou keeps trailing through this small alcove of small flora peeling aught of use from the collective.

#134423 CD: 7, LD: 8+5

[Gatherer Activated!] +2 Bonus Materials

3*T3 Materials Obtained!

Raidou quietly continues to pick and prod the decently massive plant selection tearing a few different colors of plants out adding a bit of red, a dash of blue and a tiny green to his satchel with each pluck. Aoiki pulls another herself a gold-leafed one with small glimmering tendrils but at this point, her attention is barely even to the ground.

Edited by Raidou

Raidou looks up catching her face, noticing the pigment filling her face Is she ok? thinking quietly to himself continue his work at his feet. Her sight meets his and he adverts his gaze, back to the floor scanning for a glimmer of ripe to meet his gaze.

I wonder if I offended her somehow

*Snap*

One of value: A tug pulling free a green-tipped root for potential healing effects. "Potency... Medicinal" 

I probably did, why am I so difficult

*Snap*

And with a kneel another tug, a small electric yellow clump of foliage "Amplification...toxic....poison."

I didn't want her to come, I cant do this

*Snap*

Moving to his right almost with grace, the final pull of a cold-ivory "Alteration...strange...subversive effects"

You should have just left me alone, I'm not worth the effort...

Each mumble echoing in the stone clearing seeming to bounce off the colored crystals protruding from the walls. "What are you mumbling over there." Aoiki remarks hearing the random nonsense spewing from him.

#134427 CD:1, LD:15+5

3*T3 Materials Obtained!

Edited by Raidou

"I-im picking...h-herbs...." Raidou remarked looking up to her for a moment his nervousness pressing in as he avoids eye contact with the blue-haired girl as he focused his attention at his feet.

She's definitely mad

What did I do?

Raidou finally mustered the courage he had pulling free a few more plants under him and looked to her and with a whisper "I'm sorry..."

#134452 CD:2, LD: 17+5

[Gatherer Activated!] +1 Bonus Materials

4*T3 Materials Obtained!

Looking at the boy furious "What the hell do you have to apologize for, why have you been ignoring me this entire time while I am helping you!" she stands and takes an exit "I see now your just using me, you look to be able to handle yourself just fine so.... forget it." Aoiki screams at him as a small notification appears on Raidou's HUD

[Aoiki has left the party]

Raidou simply looked back to the patch.

It's better this way

Everyone hates you

Hate...

"I am sorry...." Raidou whispers to an empty surrounding.

Edited by Raidou

Raidou's hand slow, grinding to a halt as his gaze begins to lose focus at her exit.

Blurred vision his mind racing he tries to continue as best...

See, it's better this way

#134453 CD: 9, LD: 4+5

Raidou destroys one pulling it out aggressively and his knees meet the damp cave floor creating small circles on his pant legs.

You're meant to be alone

Raidou was now absent of presence in pieces, fragments of cognition as words run like formula through his mind.

Meant to be alone

You're supposed to be alone

Its always been this way

Why try, when it's so hard to do

Its easier just...like...this....

A hushed phrase echoing along the walls "It's better this way..."

Raidou pulls himself up to his feet his heels meeting the floor and he adjusts his glasses on his face the reflection obscuring his eyes. Soft hands began to pursue more essence to keep his mind busy from what has transpired.

Edited by Raidou

Digging and sifting, brushing and checking each space for anything else of worth Raidou continues albeit blindly trying to distract himself from his failures.

# 134454 CD:12, LD:2+5

The patch seems picked clean however, what was left was immature and unfit for use.

Unfit

The word hangs in his mind before Raidou shifts his head and he lifts himself up from the dirt

A flutter of a cloak on his back "Its time to get back to work, It'll be easier when I'm back in my shop." breaking back into the main pathways back toward [Tomoika] Raidou takes care to slide between perspectives of greens to advert hostile gaze sliding behind stones or buildings when a party approached.

Stepping to the foot of the board Raidou completes the quest, pulling out a small journal and scratching the information into the surface and a clap and a shuffle returns it to his pocket.

*Blip*

[Quest Complete!]

"It's over..."

Before it began...

Leaving the board with care to avoid eyes, a red robe on his back with light-shielding his eyes the red wanderer returns home...

Edited by Raidou