[F-01] [SP] Punching Rocks, Testing Katana Arts and Hiking with Friends «Breaking the Unbreakable»

“You’re right…” Airi gave in, seeing Rei’s firm expression, he turned back to the rubble and shouted out,

“The plan’s the same, we’ll go get help in person, you guys stay by the entrance, don’t go wandering around, we’ll bring help!”

“Okay, I’m counting on you! Seriously,” Takumi nodded even though he couldn’t see them,

“Gotcha, we’ll be as quick as we can, come on Airi!”

“R-right!”

The sound of their hurried footsteps quickly distanced themselves, leaving Yui and Takumi to let out a small breath they didn’t realise they held, they then sat down next to each other against the cold stone walls, what was once pleasant weather was now chillingly cold almost as if it was fanning the despair and hopelessness inside them, the wind howling through the tunnel didn’t help either,

“… Do you think they’ll make it?” Yui worried,

“We’ll have to bet on it, moving around  would be even worse, there’s no telling how deep the cave is,”

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tsurei

Rescue would come a few hours later, those long empty hours with nothing else to do but hope, the pair of them had all that time to chat to each other, any sound was better than the silence of wail of the wind like a haunted ghost, they could only try to keep their spirits up by chatting about happier times of their life, they even got brave enough to cling to each other for a little bit of extra warmth, though it was also likely that it was a simple natural instinct as living creatures.

Rei and Airi had managed to get the help of a few response teams, thankfully the damages within the city weren’t too bad, Japan was a generally readied country when it came to natural disasters like earthquakes with many of their buildings specifically built to resist it, this earthquake wasn’t incredibly strong, but it wasn’t weak either.

Edited by Tsurei

“So that’s what happened,” Rei concluded, by the time the story was wrapped up, everyone had finished their boulder punching quest and were all sitting down, all too ready to set up camp and sleep for the day,

“I never knew…” Yuta murmured with a sympathetic nod, “I can understand why you didn’t really want to talk about it,”

“It’s not that, I mean, at the time it was kinda scary, but I just didn’t want to have to talk about all the relationship stuff, it's none of your business,” Takumi sighed deeply,

“So that’s why you’ve been smiling at your phone so often,” Yuta realised after some time,

“I mean, it was on their twitter you know,” Kenji replied with a shrug, not too surprised,

“Wait, what?” Yuta looked over with some measure of shock, which was mostly due to him not being all that enthused about social media in general, the amount of contact he had with it was practically zero.

“Anyway, damn my hands hurt, haha…” Rei chuckled, waving his hand with a small wince, “I can’t tell if the creator of this quest was a Masochist or Sadist,”

“I can finally pour some points into a combat skill,” Yuta nodded, poking at the interface in the air, “I can’t wait to test all of this out!”

“We have the skill now, but it’s kinda pointless,” Kenji sighed deeply, looking through the list,

“I guess it’s just bad luck that you guys were there,” Rei shrugged,

“We didn’t even get a confirmation window, the old hag just forced it on us,” Takumi scowled, glowering over at the old woman sipping tea nearby,

“What’s our next plan?” Yuta asked without looking,

“The medicine quest in the 1st floor, there’s also a dragon hunt if we’re feeling particularly brave as well,” Rei noted, pulling open the manual,

“yeah, let’s not,” Kenji quickly shut that one down,

“Well, we’ll think about it when it comes, for now, let’s get some sleep, we have a few days of hiking just to get off this damn mountain,” Rei shrugged in reply, yawning and stretching his limbs overhead,