[PP - NLY - F11] What a time to be with you <Macradon> <Kairi>

After a while of walking around the plaza for a bit by himself after totally nailing the ring toss game, Macradon would find a bench and take a seat. As he sat there, he was missing someone, a special someone “Doesn’t seem like she’ll appear all by herself, perhaps I should invite her, then.” the knight thought and opened up his HUD to send a private message to his fiance.

Hey Kairi,
I’m up on the 11th floor not far from by guild hall, there’s this Christmas/New Years event going on, and I’d actually like to spend some time with you right now, so if you’re ready to meet up, let us do so.
Bestest of regards,
Macradoodle.

Sending the message away, all he could do now was to wait for her to appear at some time, might be a few minutes, might even be an hour … maybe multiple of those.

Stats

Spoiler

Macradon - Lvl 85
1745 HP
185 Energy
2 Accuracy
0 Evasion
19 Base Damage
 (31 w/ Holy)
- (1 Base +7 Skill +1 Athletics +9 Familiar +1 Ferocity)
35 Mitigation 
- (35 Skill)

Items
Blade of the Dictator ............ // +12 Holy Damage, Phase
Count of Death ................... // +2 Heavy Momentum
Templar's Necklace ............... // +6 Recovery, +1 Accuracy

Belphegor - Familiar ............. // +9 Damage

Battle Ready Inventory
Silverlight ...................... // +72 Mitigation, 36 Frost Thorn(21 on a Crit), 6 Freeze damage(2 turns)
Empty inventory slot ............. //

Buffs
Rested ........................... // -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat.
Filling .......................... // Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed .......................... // Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Deposit ...................... // +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col
from treasure chests.

Skills
Two Handed Straight Sword  | Rank 5: +7 Damage
Heavy Armor                | Rank 5: +35 Damage Mitigation
Searching                  | Rank 5: +5 LD. +5 Stealth Detection
Battle Healing             | Rank 5: Heal 5%(87) HP each post In-Battle
Fighting Spirit            | +1 Hate generation
Gatherer                   | Obtain additional materials after a successful out of combat gathering based on a natural CD result.
Hiding                   | Rank 5: +5 Stealth roll
Extended Mod Limit       | Rank 2: +3 Mod Slots
Parry                    | Reduce incoming damage by 50%(rounded down)
Energist                 | Add 5xTier(15) Energy to your max pool
Charge                   | Rank 5: +5 on Initial hit

Disguise                   | +1 to your BD and +1 to your opponent’s BD
Survival                   | Heal 45 HP when out of battle
Familiar Mastery: Fighter  | Rank 3: +9(Tier x Rank) Damage
Meditation                 | Recover 3xTier(15) energy with post action. Recover 2xTier(10) energy if you are hit before your next round

Skill Mods
Precision                  | +1 Accuracy
Athletics                  | +1 Damage, +45 Health
Ferocity                   | Increases Base Damage by 1
Finesse                    | Rank 3: Decreases Energy Cost of attacks by 3
Reveal                     | +2 LD when searching for dungeons and labyrinths. You may also search for a sub-dungeon or labyrinth once every 15 posts (instead of 20)
Surprise Attack          | Cannot miss from stealth. +1xTier(3) base damage on first attack
Vengeful Riposte         | Return 50% of damage(mitigatable) to target
Justified Riposte        | Stun attacker for 1 turn
Vanish                   | In combat post action to stealth. Free action in combat to stealth if mob has been slain

Tracking                   | Allows the user to track a previously-encountered monster, NPC, or other player. Negates all bonuses to the target’s Stealth Rating. After tracking, your first attack against the tracked creature cannot miss. Cannot be used in combat

After enjoying some of the many games, and drinking the Hot Cocoa that had been around she had a message appear after feeding her familiar Karona. Opening it she had red, with a puffed out cheek she had sent one back to him:

Macradootle,
I will be there in a second~
However with an event like this, please- DON'T FORGET YOUR ADORABLE AND CUTE FIANCEE. Thank you.
Be there soon,
Your Sweetheart

Then it was just a matter of going out and finding where the guild hall was for him again, however it didn't take long for her to find Macradon. When she finally found him though she dashed forward and leap hugged into him. Rubbing her cheek against his she had exclaimed out to him "I almost thought that I wouldn't see you again after you went on your own into the event." trying to be cute and silly at the same time.

Stats

Spoiler

Kairi - the Battle Princess
Level: 32 - HP: 640 - EN: 64 - DMG: 15 - ACC: 3 - EVA: 0 - MIT: 76 - Hate: +1
Equipped:
1. Sigrdrífa [T2 Two Handed Straight Sword - Perfect] - Enhancements: Paralysis / Paralysis / Accuracy [+1 ACC / +2 PARA]
2. Hjörþrimul [T2 Heavy Armor - Perfect] - Enhancements: Mitigation / Mitigation / Mitigation [+54 MIT]
3. Reginleif [T1 Trinket - Perfect] - Enhancements: Accuracy / Accuracy / Taunt [+2 ACC / +1 Hate]
Familiar:
Karona the Mimic [T2 Familiar] - Enhancements: Familiar Mastery - Fighter [Rank 3 - +6 DMG]

Skills:
SP Total: 107 - SP Used: 100 - SP Unused: 7
Skill Slots: 2/5

>> Rank 5 | Two Handed Straight Sword - +7 DMG [50 SP]
   Mod    | Ferocity - +1 DMG [15 SP]
>> Rank 2 | Heavy Armor - +12 MIT [13 SP]
Extra Skills:
>> Survival [3 SP]
>> Rank 3 | Familiar Mastery: Fighter - +6 DMG [18 SP]
>> Rank 0 | Martial Arts - N/A [0 SP]

@Father Wuotan @Macradon

He chuckled lightly at the message he got back from Kairi “Of course I wouldn’t, it’s not like I went to this festival thinking to enjoy it without you.” he just thought and stayed put on the bench. He didn’t have to wait long, she was there in an instant, with a big hug, Macradon would lean to the side from the momentum and hug back his fiance “Heyo~.” he said and embraced the one he loved “Sorry for not inviting you sooner. Had a lot of work at the guild and this just began right when I walked out.” he said trying to excuse his late invitation.

“Don’t you worry, we’re gonna find each other again no matter what, it won’t be that hard.” he said and held Kairi’s hand “Now, let’s go out and see what’s going on, I’ve only seen a few things, I haven’t really gone out and discovered all the other stands, so let’s experience them together.” he said and tugged at Kairi.

• 3 weeks later...

It was nearing the end of the event. Most everyone had been attended to, and their wishes answered. Still, there was a pair that had eluded being graced by Father Wuotan's presence up to this point. Why, it was none other than Macradon and Kairi! How silly the Father had been to have put them off until the final moments.

Though it seemed like they were only just arriving, Father Wuotan's remaining time in the realm was waning. This would need to be quick.

"Greetings, friends!" he sounded joyously as they approached, offering a warm smile their way. "I am Father Wuotan. It seems the two of you are the last on my list this holiday season. I've been giving gifts to those who deserve them, and though you may be last, you are certainly not the least. Tell me, is there anything you were hoping for this Christmas?"

His voice was a tad more distressed and rushed than it had been before. It was truly almost time to go. But he had to hang on until he had provided gifts to everyone.

Before the two could in about being loving idiots together, an unfamiliar voice interrupted them. Looking over with a rather vicious scowl at the one getting in their way, Macradon's face kit up as he realized that it was an old man acting a bit too friendly towards the pair, at friendly nonetheless. "G-greetings." the knight replied and listened to what the old man said. "Woutan … I think I've heard of that name before back in the real world … but I can't remember if he was a good or bad guy …" he pondered for himself before laying words to his thoughts, "Good nice or naughty list?" Macradon interjected with a chortle in the good spirit of fun. 

"Wasn't aware that there was I list, wasn't even aware that there were someone going around greeting people, but I guess I is the season." he said and listened to what the man would say when he mentioned of what Macradon hoped to happen this Christmas … "Uhhhh …" he said "I'm actually very contempt with my life, I have a fiance whom I love, I have friends to enjoy my daily life with. Anything which would future proof myself somehow …" he said and pondered further "All the kids walk around with all that cursed gear being all fancy pantsy," he said and brought idea greatsword out of his inventory "this sword here, it's helping me a lot, and it's want it to serve the people of Aincrad for longer. But that would be selfish. Something that would benefit mroe than just be would be my banner. One more charge for it to be a saving grace whenever we were to be up against a tough enemy would be my greatest wish" he pleaded the rather generous old man. 

Edited by Macradon
  • 1 year later...

#on plot master in lieu of missing wuotan login.

Perhaps this was why the couple was last. Macradon, in his explanation, recounted and pointed out the very things in his life that had brought him joy, satisfaction, and security. Surely, anything else would just be icing on the cake -- and in addition, what company he must have kept himself and his wife busy with, to meet such an important figure at a late hour! Wuotan couldn't help but chuckle as the man flounded around for an item to display.

Ready to perform some magic. And then a different one appeared.

"Something that would benefit more than just be would be my banner. One more charge for it to be a saving grace whenever we were to be up against a tough enemy would be my greatest wish."

Oh, had Wuotan the foresight to see what grandeur the Imperial Topaz would bring to his people having this wish granted. The corners of his lips turned upwards, a smile hardly seen through his beard, but joy and pride, warm, nonetheless. An open palm with collected, wrinkled fingers. "Here, let me hold onto it for a bit."

Banner passed between hands, and at the father's touch, a surge of light enveloped the standard; between the parties involved, gusts of wind stirred the ground around them, and within seconds the glow and show faded. There was a newfound sheen to the metal of the banner, as Wuotan passed it back to Macradon with a nod.

"May it serve you well in the future."

He gave Kairi a glance, a smile and a bow. "I'm afraid that's as much time I have for Aincrad this season," he admitted, a tad bashful, eyes narrowing in reminiscence. "Merry Christmas to the young couple, and a Happy, upcoming New Year."

The man turned around to leave. Against the darkness, he was a grey figure, light and purpose in his strides. Had the players been patient, they would've seen him walk a distance before fading, ephemeral, into aether.

Nothing but the passing of a cloud of stardust remained.

Spoiler

@Macradon receives the following:

One charge upon Banner of Command. Each charge from a Banner of Command empowers up to 4 players, including its user, with +1 DMG for one fight.

From light the «Banner of Command» materialised from his inventory, covered in bright blue crystals as it began to take form from nothing. “Sure thing.” the knight replied with a smile and handed over his banner to the old man. His banner had been with him for a while, it had seen a lot of stuff happen, it had been there from when he joined the KoB, to the fall of one Vice Commander after the other … after the other … after the other. Macradon sighed from what nostalgia and requiem its existence gave him, the warm feelings of his membership of the knights and the cold shudders of his mentor, friends, and comrades murdered and slaughtered before him. It had been with him through thick and thin, boosting his own morale, giving him great pleasure in his capabilities to now wield it one last time as a great finishing grace.

As magic enveloped the close parties involved in the kerfuffle winds would pick up and twist around clothes and lifting up accessories and wafting aside what leaves would have resided around their feet. The sheen of the banner’s steel was refined and bright, ready to stand proud as parties would rally under it again. Macradon smiled and lowered his head slightly at the old figure, thanking him “Thank you very much, I will take care of this treasure once again.” and smiled as the old man left. He looked over at his fiancé and chortled “Guess you should’ve been faster than that.” he said with a bright smile, only slightly bummed out that Kairi wasn’t able to get anything this time around.