[F3 - NYL - PP] Winter Wonderland? No thank you! This is Yuletide!

I hate to admit it but I'm not the most social creature, be it in game or in real life... I never did enjoy the social parties my parent threw more often than I would've liked. I always was 'forced' to assist in order to keep the family's good name and reputation. Later I would understand why my brother ran away in search of more freedom, unbound by our heritage. To be completely honest I don't miss those days, I've made myself a somewhat new life here, independent as I never was before. Well, I still had a couple of remnants of that life with me here, currently finishing making arrangements to receive their guest. 

As I mentioned, my animosity towards others comes from my sheltered life. But recently I found it.. insufficient, just hearing and going through the information passed on by the blonde sage, made me realize how little I've actually experienced of this world. I started going out more, doing quests and meeting new people. One of these fellow adventurer, we were making preparations to receive today as I personally invited him to our shop for a private 'party'. I nervously adjust the loosen necktie as I watch the clock and then around the entrance. Everything was up to my standards, a small Christmas tree in a discrete corner, various red stockings hanged near the fireplace and other various holiday ornaments. With the help of some elven NPCs on this floor we procured even Yuletide decorations as well, as that is the 'official' celebration on this floor. Claudia and Darius also prepared some dishes that were ready to serve in the kitchen.

"How are the preparations going?" I asked the two who looked like they finished their tasks. I smile as a nod comes in unison from the two, Claudia adding: "Everything is set milord!" I lower myself in one of the chairs and slightly face it towards the entrance, filling my time with my HUD. I review the message I sent @Ronnel with the shop's location and made sure it was accurate.

Shop description:

Spoiler

Somewhere on the third floor, near Delilah Village, stood a imposing edifice near all the wildlife, despite the rustic(elvish) atmosphere of the surrounding buildings and fields gave. A modest building with 5 rooms, 3 bathrooms, a kitchen, a attic, and a grand entrance room that was used as a shop. The ground floor, made out of white stone that looked like marble, the main attraction was the front entrance was decorated in roman style with four imposing columns that supported a white pediment. The center of the pediment is decorated by a drawing of two bluish roses, underneath it the Latin words, "Regalis Quinta Essentia" are written in a blue shade.(visual aid)

As you pass through that 'gate' the actual shop entrance reveals itself. Once inside you found yourself immersed in a clean and neatly arranged place that inspires professionalism, 'the actual shop' room. In front in you, more than half a room away, a white marble counter with a mirror polish on top. The item display is somewhere to the right and to the left , near the fireplace you find a waiting table; that could easily old up to 6 people worth of meals with 5 chairs ready in case some nosy blonde decided to come uninvited, like she has a bad habit to do. Somewhere near the fireplace 3 confortable chairs stood facing a purple flame, which we colored so with the help of certain potion.

Edited by Dracul

Ronnel fidgeted slightly, tugging at the sleeves of his light coat. He felt a bit awkward in the get up - it had been ages since he had last been in one of these monkey suits. It was one of the aspects of his family's life that he had not missed in the slightest when ties were cut. Still, it was something that he was somewhat familiar with, enough to be able to assemble a passable facsimile of a proper outfit. He breathed in, then out slowly as he double checked the address in the message he had been sent. 

As far as he could tell, this was right - though the somewhat imposing edifice ahead of him wasn't what he'd been expecting when Dracul had mentioned that he had a 'somehow successful' shop. He took another deep breath and let it out slowly. This was just a friendly private meet up, not one of the 'events' his family would attend, and host. The dark haired man rolled his shoulders before moving up to the front door. 

"Right. Just a friendly small party, nothing big." Certainly not like the Yuletide celebrations that were happening all around him when he was walking here - while he was handy with social situations, this all was just too much for him. A quiet little party felt far more appropriate right now than those did. He adjusted his shirt and coat one last time, then knocked on the door three times. 

@Dracul

I took a deep breath as I heard the knocks on the door. I nod to Claudia to open it while I raise from my chair and approach the entrance. "Welcome to Regalis Quinta Essentia!" said the crimson haired maid which today had festive red accents throughout her normal uniform. On the left side of the frame of her glasses one could notice hanging a small green cartoonish Christmas three as well. She motioned him to step in as I approached him for a handshake: "This is our HQ, not much but its home. Glad to see you could find it easily. I'm quite a fan of this floor and its residents. Elven folk are very welcoming and they see us as some kind of mystic healers since our potions can work on plants and other kind of wildlife." Meanwhile Darius had also joined us, staying by his sister's side in his butler uniform with similar festive accents throughout his attire.
I had to say, the tree pattern all around his vest made for a pleasing contrast with the serious face he always seem to have, even right now as his sister introduced him after I finished my greeting. "I don't believe you've meet my elder brother sir Ronnel, this is Darius! He and I work in service of lord Dracul!"

"A pleasure, sir." was the stark reply the young brunette gave to our guest, making me let out a small sigh. "Don't mind him too much, he's like that but in the lab and around the store he and Claudia are invaluable assets!" I say, pride swelling in my chest as I give Darius a hearty pat on the back. Making him involuntarily straighten up, more than usual.

"Please have a seat." I continue while motioning at the chairs near the fireplace. Once the two of us would sit down, Darius would place some freshly baked mint chocolate cookies on the table near us.

Geminorum deadpanned as he stood face to face with a random building. Ah. . . where was her again? Had he gotten so lost that he forgot his way back to the town square? Well, that was absolutely infuriating.

His green eyes scanned the area outside the building, seeing that there was practically no one outside. Probably celebrating with friends or whatever. He let out a loose sigh and rubbed his temples with a low groan. He just wanted to nap. He just wanted nap. Was that so hard to ask? 

He blinked dully a few times before slapping his cheeks. Oh well. If he was lost, he was going to be the best of it. He had seen a player enter this building only a few minutes ago, so there's bound to be someone in there.

He shook his head and sighed before walking up to the door, rolling his eyes before forcing on a smile, knocking the same way he had seen the player before him do so. 

He was going to flip a table if this didn't work.

"A pleasure, Darius to make your acquaintance." Ronnel gave a slight bow to the rather stone-faced young man he had just met. He was fairly certain, now, that the siblings and Dracul had known each other before being trapped inside this world. It warmed his heart a bit that they were still together and celebrating the holidays with one another. He gave the young man a pleasant smile then switched his gaze to Dracul as his host gestured deeper inside. 

He doffed his outer coat, revealing the understated red button down with emerald trim that he'd been able to find. It wasn't as festive as the other's attire but he honestly hadn't been expecting to receive any invites so hadn't planned ahead. The dark haired man hung his coat on the rack near the door and smiled with a slight bow to Claudia as he followed Dracul inside to the chairs, folding himself into one and thanking Darius when the serious sibling set a plate of cookies down near us. 

"I - do want to thank you, Dracul, for inviting me." He gave a somewhat stilted smile to the blonde. "I'd not anticipated being able to spend Christmas with anyone, so your invitation was a welcome surprise." Before he could press on, though, a knock sounded at the door - mimicking his, which made the red-eyed man blink and tilt his head to one side. 

"Were you expecting another guest? That sage you mentioned perhaps?" 

@Dracul

A knock distracted me from mi conversation as I instinctively looked at the door, nodding to Claudia to open it. "I... didn't invite anyone else..." I mutter with slight annoyance, shifting my gaze towards Claudia and the Darius with a raise eyebrow. The two answered my unspoken question with a nod, yes... we put a 'closed' sign for today to make sure nothing disturbed our preparations. My expression turns to slightly annoyed as I imagine the blonde in question could be the answer. 

Ever the cool-headed, Claudia opened the door. She greeted our new guest with a surprised look as she probably had the same train of thought as me and expected a blonde amazon with her lion pet behind the door. However, I think all our expectations were shattered as a man stood there with a somewhat forced smile. Claudia recovered quick and with her profesional presence, took the initiative in greeting him before I could get a better look.

"I'm afraid we're closed for today, sir. If you can leave me a short list with the items you need, I can prepare then for pickup the earlier tomorrow during work hours." I let out a low grunt that could be heard by Ronnel before I turn back to face him, she can handle the rest. "Claudia suggested we should invite you to our little gathering and I saw nothing wrong with it. Making connections is a crucial part of my business. I think it applies the same for fighting mobs, I'd like us to go on other quests from now on. Usually, the more the merrier right?" I say with a small smile. Amazing myself by the sincerity behind it.

Geminorum paused, giving the lady a once over before his features softened. "Oh, really?" He mumbled, pursing his lips for a few seconds before he smiled warmly at her. "I suppose it was quite foolish of me to try to see if I could go shopping during the holidays. . ." he sighed, scratching the side of his cheek with a grin. "Apologies for the inconvenience," he muttered, nodding his head.

He peeked over her shoulder and hummed before giving her a closed-eyed smile. "It looks like you're having some kind of party in here," he mused. Of course, that was a lie. The two players in the back looked like a mixture of a mafia meeting and a business meeting, with only. . . two people? His eyes shifted over to Claudia and Darius, analyzing them quietly before he smiled to himself. As festive as they looked, they looked more like a couple of servants than actual people. It actually surprised him that they weren't NPCs at first, really. The way they talked seemed a lot more formal, but maybe that was because he was a literal stranger. 

The greenette sighed to himself under his breath.

People were [no-no word]-ing weird.

Ronnel had to suppress a chuckle at the grunt from Dracul - he really did strike me as familiar, just as annoyed by discussions of business during celebrations as the dark-haired man had ever been. It honestly was a bit silly of this stranger to have gone trying to shop at the height of the celebrations - nearly every NPC shop on the floors that Ronnel had traveled through had all been closed. "Well, my gratitude to her then. This promises to be at least an enjoyable evening with familiar faces." This time he did let his chuckle out as he nodded once. 

"Having allies you're comfortable working with seems to be a very good plan in the long term. While I've been able to handle most of the quests that I've undertaken on my own so far, there is no guarantee that that will continue to be the case." While Ronnel did have some people that he'd worked with a time or two, to date he hadn't really worked with anyone more than twice. Having someone he knew and could somewhat rely on for things would be great news. Might even be the best Christmas gift he could have gotten, which made the red-eyed man's lips quirk. The comment from the stranger outside about it being a party made Ronnel blink and raise one eyebrow, and he considered. Making connections was important - and this time of year was meant to be full of good-will. 

"Should we perhaps let this fellow stay around? It is Christmas after all. If he wants to, that is, and it doesn't put a strain on your resources. You are the master of this house after all."

"We have already prepared an extra of everything, for someone else who usually drops by 'unexpectedly' ." said Claudia with a grin before I could reply. With a small sight I motion her to let the newcomer inside. "It must be freezing outside, please enter." she continued with a soft smile. More of a habit than anything, I raised up and motioned him to come sit on one of the two available sits to the fireplace next to Ronnel. "Very well, welcome to our humble abode. I'm Dracul, the shop owner. And these are my assistants, Claudia and Darius." I say gesturing first at myself, with the palm of my right hand, then extending it towards the maid that greeted him and the butler already preparing a extra set of table plates and utensils. The two of them slightly nod at the presentation, then go about their business around the room. Then I sit down next to my two guests and continue: "Nothing as grand as a party I'm afraid, more like..." I pause for a second to find the right word. "A small friendly gathering."
"Would anyone like some hot cocoa? or chocolate? please feel free to ask for anything else, we're stocked up on most of the beverages around." Chimed Darius as he apparently finished his other preparations. Excellent, all that we needed to do is to enjoy ourselves. "I'll have some hot chocolate!" I replied, going after a freshly baked cookie from the table nearby. 

Geminorum nodded as he stepped inside the shop. "Ah, I must've been mistaken then," he said with a soft smile. Did they actually take it seriously? He wasn't that blind. Of course he meant it to be sarcastic. He internally rolled his eyes before he slapped another grin on his face, sitting himself down on of the chairs.

He leaned his elbows against the table as his eyes flickered over to the two assistants once again. "Ah, I see, pleasure to meet you all." So he was right. What kinda of asshat needs assistants in this game? It's not like shop was really famous for anything, why couldn't he just do it himself? He pressed the side of his cheek against his palm. Maybe they were his servants in the real world, but then again, what kind of asshat makes his own servants join him in a video game? It sounded like it defeated the whole purpose of playing an online multiplayer game. He was pretty sure that if he was actually rolling his eyes, they'd be so far in his head that'd only his sclera would be showing. Maybe there was more than what met the eye, but the whole thing sounded so incredibly stupid that he didn't really want to think about it anymore.

"I'm all good, thank you," he said with the tug of his lips, giving her an innocent smile. Sweet things weren't really his thing. They were never really his thing to begin with, honestly. 

"Ah, right," he mumbled, shaking his head before he leaned himself off of the table, tilting his head to beam at the group. "Feel free to call me Geminorum, or make a name of your own, I don't mind what I'm called." 

"I would be delighted to have a hot cocoa, Darius, thank you." Ronnel blinked and kept one eye on the new arrival as he leaned against the table. It seemed he was rowdy - or at least more than the others in the room were. Ronnel knew he wouldn't have been that casual around people he just yet, especially when the others were at least somewhat formal. 

"I go by the handle Ronnel here, @Geminorum, nice to meet you." Ronnel inclined his head to the new boy before focusing his gaze onto @Draculagain. He had forgotten to bring a greeting gift - if his parents knew they would have been mortified with him. Or, furious, depending on their mood. Either way, despite that oversight, it was pleasant to hear Dracul call it a friendly gathering. 

"Thankfully the mood in here, or at least the celebration, doesn't match out there. I felt out of place around the NPCs, celebrating a different holiday than I would even if it's at the same time frame." He chuckled and leaned back in his chair. "Though I suppose most of the celebrations around this time of year in games are about friends and sharing, right?" 

"How about Gem?" I say with a smile "I see your name is of latin origin. Your parents had good taste." I pointed out to the uninvited quest, familiar with the european proto-language. "My assistants and I use it in our work here as well." I said proudly a few second before fiddling with my HUD and materializing eight items that I split into two groups one for each hand, one mirroring the other by having 4 different colored items. "Have a look for yourselves!" I added while extending a hand for each to give them the items for closer inspection. "These are of the lowest quality results, Uncommon items we used as samples for the superior stock we strive to supply here. Feel free to keep them."

I stop myself, or rather, a small cough from one of my assistants stops me from prating. Claudia brought me and Ronnel our hot cocoa in woden mugs traditionally made on this floor, they had a hint of pine smell to them. "We're quite the opposite, we enjoy the fact that these NPCs are a little different. They keep to they business and don't inquire much of our own, except in rare occasions when they require our 'healing touch'. But we mingled with them while shopping for supplies and it is as you say they too gather around with friends, share and play together in celebration." I answered sincerely. Showing our affinity to these NPCs, maybe more than towards other humans.

Gave to @Ronnel:

Spoiler

≪T1.1 Longus Salus#134539≫ [Crystal]
  +15 Over-Health
  A vial that contains a blue liquid with a minty flavor. On the glass there is a sticker with the item name, effect description, store name and logo, the pair of blue roses with thorns.

≪T1.1 Malum#134541-1≫ [Crystal]
  +1 Damage
  A small red tinted crystal that looks extremely fragile. On the sides it is covered with etchings containing the item name, effect description, store name and logo, the pair of blue roses with thorns.

≪T1.1 Arx#134543≫ [Crystal]
  +5 Mitigation
  A vial that contains a green liquid with the sweet taste of bamboo. On the glass there is a sticker with the item name, effect description, store name and logo, the pair of blue roses with thorns.

≪T1.1 Remedium#134544-1≫ [Salve]
  Antidote

A vial that contains a greenish liquid with a nasty spoiled milk flavor. On the glass there is a sticker with the item name, effect description, store name and logo, the pair of blue roses with thorns.

Gave to @Geminorum:

Spoiler

≪T1.1 Longus Salus#134539-1≫ [Crystal]
  +15 Over-Health
  A vial that contains a blue liquid with a minty flavor. On the glass there is a sticker with the item name, effect description, store name and logo, the pair of blue roses with thorns.

≪T1.1 Malum#134541-2≫ [Crystal]
  +1 Damage

A small red tinted crystal that looks extremely fragile. On the sides it is covered with etchings containing the item name, effect description, store name and logo, the pair of blue roses with thorns.

≪T1.1 Arx#134543-1≫ [Crystal]
  +5 Mitigation
  A vial that contains a green liquid with the sweet taste of bamboo. On the glass there is a sticker with the item name, effect description, store name and logo, the pair of blue roses  with thorns.

≪T1.1 Infectum#134544-2≫ [Salve]
  Antidote

A vial that contains a greenish liquid with a nasty spoiled milk flavor. On the glass there is a sticker with the item name, effect description, store name and logo, the pair of blue roses with thorns.

Geminorum tilted his head as he propped his chin against his palm. "Ah, it's a pleasure to meet you, Ronnel," he said softly, giving him a smile.

He gave Dracul a side glance, mentally groaning to himself before he smiled to him as well, turning his head to meet the eyes of the blonde. "Oh, really?" He hummed, tapping his slender fingers against the side of his cheek before he let out a small laugh. 

I don't know my parents.

"Geminorum isn't my real name, silly," he said with a joking expression. It's the username of the damn kid who I wanted to sell this stupid NerveGear to. He sighed and shrugged his shoulders. "I didn't know that though," he murmured, nodding his head. "I suppose you learn something new every day?"

The greenette held the crystal in between his index and middle finger with an amused expression. Maybe coming here was the right choice after all. He got free stuff so why wouldn't it be? "Thank you," he uttered, flashing Dracul a genuine grin before transferring the crystals to his inventory. "It's heavily appreciated."

Looks like someone got too invested in this RPG, he thought with a wry smile, crossing his hands on the table in front of him.

"Oh, goodness, Dracul, these are fine work." Ronnel rolled the Arx vial back and forth in his hands, the liquid sloshing inside as he stared at it in thought. this was - almost frustrating him, since he had yet to begin any kind of crafting. He slipped them into his inventory, then snapped his fingers. "Right, I doubt its very much for you, but aside from my company I don't have much to offer yet." That needed to change, but for now - well. All he could do was send him materials to compensate for the things he had crafted. His fingers flicked through menus and initiated the trade, before picking up the mug that Claudia had given him. 

"So!" The dark-haired man leaned back and grinned at Claudia, thanking her for the drink and sipping at it slowly. "I suppose I haven't had much cause to actually directly interact with the standard denizens." It hadn't been that long ago that he had been almost entirely keeping to himself, so maybe he just needed to see what the NPCs had developed into over the past two years. 

@Dracul

@Geminorum