[PP-F21] <<Natures Quest>> Like minded

Ceres stayed on the floor, watching Raidou who was close to her now, picking at the same pile of fungi she just had. Maybe she was being too forward? She got over excited and over zealous. She lost sight of herself and her actions, and because of it - she made someone uncomfortable. This is what NIGHT was talking about, wasn't it? Ceres tugged on her hair, feeling a little guilty. She should have paid more attention.

"Uhm Raidou." She started, biting her lip. "L-let's not worry about that penalty game okay?" She gave him a small smile. "We'll just focus on having fun and collecting materials." She reached out to give him a reassuring pat on the shoulder but her hand stopped mid-air. Hestitating. No She had almost done it again, hadn't she?

Ceres retreated her hand and instead gave him a wider grin.  "Neither of us may be at 100, but I'm over half way now! It's only a matter of time right?" Ceres said. She turned her lilac gaze away from him and shifted it to the ceiling, glimmering with shards of reds and blues - glittering in the soft light.

"This place...really is nice, isn't it?" She breathed.

ID:135200  LD1:+5   No materials!  CD  n/a(  Bonus Materials )
Total
1050 Col
Uncommon T3 Consumable ID:135120
T3 Materials X 55

Edited by Ceres
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raidou took notice of the subtle pulls on her hair and discomfort, like a trembling fist he's seen prior Raidou wanted to dispel any confusion she may be experiencing.

"Ceres if I needed you to stop I would have told you so. Don't hold back on my account, be yourself and let me deal with my issues. If I could be as free with what I was thinking like you are I would."

A phrase with conviction, with adjusting of glass on his nose.

"Yeah, this is fun, sharing this peaceful serenity with another."

"100, will come faster than you would think as long as you don't focus on that, letting yourself just get lost in the activity brings the scene to a close with greater haste then if managed with each second."

"I'm glad that I found this place, and am learning to share these moments with others."

Milling in the vegetation, trying to purge the flush feeling in his face having made it through an honest portrayal of his thoughts without stammering for once and needing to depress the overwhelming aftereffects.

"You know I'm going to kick your butt..."

A carefully selected phrase to light a spark between him and Ceres, and hoping that spark would purge the funk between them and keep things clear of negativity.

#135217 LD:18+5, CD: 8

[Gatherer Activated] +2 Bonus Materials

4*T3 Materials Obtained

Total: 49*T3 Materials

@Ceres

Edited by Raidou

Ceres's eyes continued to dance over the glimmering lights above. The smallest flicker of the light outside bounced off of various mirrored surfaces, creating a dazzling array of beams and flickering colours - it reminded her of the night sky in a way, except more...cozy. Her eyes drifted back over to Raidou who was offering her a faint smile. She couldn't quite read his gaze behind the glare of his glasses - but she could tell the smile was genuine.

"Okay." Came her simple response. "But Raidou..." She continued as she pushed herself up off the ground. "Your issues aren't invalid. If my actions cause you discomfort, you gotta tell me. I'd rather be more aware of my actions than uhm..." She paused as she furrowed her brows together, what was the right word to say. "Than uhm...making you freeze up like that." She said with a gesture to his body.

He told her that he wished he could be as free as she was. Ceres shook her head with a wide grin. "Mmm nnnn.... No silly, I can be a bit of a scatterbrain. And I do sometimes second guess myself. If what I am doing is right, or fair."  She walked past him, stepping over the flutter of his crimson cape. Ceres continued her stead to the other side of the cavern. "Each day I wake up and am happy, but I also wander, is it because I am ignorant, or naive? would I feel differently if I ventured further beyond the safety net I've cast myself?

Her hand grazed the wall, pausing on some bright green moss, she pressed down on it, her voice thoughtful. "But if I spiral like that, it won't do anyone good so I tell myself to just live each day, simply. Go with the flow." Her hand tightened into ball as she began to pull off tufts of the mossy substance, placing it in her satchel.

Yeh...all she had to do was take each day as it came. She was happy, and that was okay right? Sure there were others who were concentrated on fighting, who were living in strife or fear - but she couldn't help those people unless they came to her, seeking that aid. Just as Raidou said, people will come to their own conclusions, and learn themselves. 

Ceres glanced over her shoulder and gave Raidou a cheeky grin, wanting to break the semi serious air that had fallen around them. "Oh, that's right, I'm on sixty now Raidou- tell me, just how spicy do you like your food again?"

@Raidou

ID:135468  LD20 + 5 = 2 materials      CD 12 (3  Bonus Materials )
Total 5 materials GET!
1050 Col
T3 Materials X 60

Edited by Ceres

Concern bled from Ceres with each word that came from her lips, not wanting to overstep boundaries Raidou wanted to rid himself with despite how uncomfortable he was with each step over that line. This line needed to be crossed if he ever hoped of returning, going back to his books & chemistry, back to college and maybe even a fulfilling life.

Raidou knew he would need a change, he's known for ages that if he'd hope to become more then a shut-in he would have to create that catalyst as it wouldn't fall into his lap without action. "My issues are valid, but due to that fact, I must handle them accordingly if I ever wish to put them behind me Ceres. You do not need to help me cross that barrier if you feel poorly for doing so, but know that I have chosen this path to do just that and do not think harshly of you for helping me attain that." Raidou says in earnest taking to her side in the moss lit by a chandelier of organic light pouring in from overhead in a spectrum of color and with the light on at his back, his eyes filled with a soft honesty shown through clear glass.

A simple response fueled by a lack of confidence for he was all too familiar to the wanderer, Raidou pulled away at the moss and tried to understand, to listen truly to her admittance. "Second-guessing your actions will aid you not, I understand your hesitation but you would be correct to follow the stream as it carries you down. Fairness is simply in the eyes of the beholder, what is fair to you may not be to others. What's important is you follow your own feeling, your own ideals and forsake dwelling on the thoughts of others. Trust me when I say I speak from experience on this fact, I to have been guilty of what you speak so reluctantly of."

Pausing between the almost mechanical explanation in the analysis of not only her feeling but in hindsight his own as he peels some of the luminescent green growth from dampened stone walls and placing the nugget of value to his small bag before they return to the rough to receive more. "Choosing to not dwell on that, to live and be happy isn't foolish Ceres, it is wise beyond comprehension and we should all strive to be so insightful." Collecting the last piece with a final word dropping from his lips in tandem.

#135479 LD: 12+5, CD: 12

[Gatherer Activated] +3 Bonus Materials

5*T3 Materials Obtained

Total: 54*T3 Materials

After dropping it into his satchel and looking into Ceres's vibrant eyes deeply with an almost out of place response "I wouldn't count me out just yet, how spicy would you like your meal to be?"

@Ceres

Edited by Raidou

Ceres picked more moss off the wall, placing it neatly into her satchel. The rose-redheaded woman was quite confident she would win this little bet. She was way up on him with materials, and she was keeping an eye out for a treasure chest - something that Raidou probably wasn't thinking about. Last time...she was nice enough to give him some of the materials from it, but no holds bar! Her very taste buds were on the line dammit! She'd keep them!

Ceres gave Raidou a cheeky grin, did he know her plan? Pah. Even if he did he wouldn't be able to stop her. "I'm absolutely terrible with spices, I love them so much, but they make my eyes and nose water like crazy." She admitted. Ceres reached out and gave Raidou a light 'boop' on his nose. "But Raidou...." She began. "You seem to be conveniently avoiding the subject." She took another step closer to him. "How do you manage your spice?" She asked with a devilish grin before taking a few steps back.

She had to find more materials before him.

She had to beat him.

ID:  LD135535   LD:6 + 5 = 1 materials      CD 9 ( 2  Bonus Materials )
Total  3
1050 Col
T3 Materials X 63

Edited by Ceres

A soft smile on his face as his friend continued her best to trump him and feed him god knows what. Raidou wasn't unfamiliar with spiced cuisine but wasn't too sure at what magnitude Ceres was referring to and wasn't comfortable making a statement that may not be true. "I do alright I suppose..." an honest response allowing her eyes to shift and pick more materials from the cave wall. It's clear Raidou was distracted, letting her gather a lead just a bit more but a simple acceptance and just enjoying the moments of being normal even if his mouth was ablaze later it was worth the small act now.

#135569 LD:2+5, CD: 9

Total: 54*T3 Materials

Ceres was more than likely aiming for another box, Raidou kept picking up subtle little attention drops as she spoke to him most likely eyeing that next big score. Raidou, however, left this to her, not knowing the value of the boxes in full or what to expect and also because he felt she earned them singularly. The distraction though, Raidou's attempts to divorce her from focusing on the end of the challenge had failed for Ceres was much brighter than she believed.

@Ceres

Edited by Raidou

Ceres began to walk around the cave; her hand travelling upon the smooth, cool surface of the interior. "Just alright?" Ceres said with an amused grin as she turned to quickly glance at him over her shoulder. "Well, I do hope 'just alright' saves you - because if I win, I won't show you any mercy Raidou~" Ceres teased in a sing-song voice as she continued her trek around the perimeter of the cave. Her Lilac eyes shifted to small cracks and crevices in the walls. Hoping to spot one big enough to perhaps hide another chest.

But...Alas, the bright young woman had yet to find anything of interest. Maybe she should go back to gathering materials instead. The call of the chest was a great one, but not one that consumed Ceres. Besides...she really did not do too well with spicy food. So she didn't want to go out to dinner with Raidou, only to embarass herself later.

Ceres turned on her heel, now walking backwards - she kept her hand on the wall, letting her fingers dance over various protrusions and moss. "So Raidou~ do you have a clue on where we should go eat after this?"

@Raidou

ID:135652  LD 2+ 5 = 7 FAIL
Next chest search in 15 posts
Loot:
1050 Col
T3 Materials X 63

Edited by Ceres

"No mercy? Who knew such a fair maiden could wound me so." Raidou chuckles before catching his tongue, hoping that the old thyme phrase doesn't paint Ceres with confusion. Raidou picked and pulled finding a small breakaway in the wall and shifting the moss away began to pour his right arm into the hole digging deeper at the resource to see what was contained within its walls. With a shift and the slight tone of scraping Raidou extracts a small composite of obsidian hued stones from the small crack, a quick glance with adjusting frames confirms that they are indeed some sort of crystallized plant matter taking on a dark purple shade.

#135654 LD: 17+5, CD: 3

[Gatherer Activated] +1 Bonus Materials

3*T3 Materials Obtained

Total: 57*T3 Materials

"I...actually don't frequent towns often so I will be of no use there," Raidou remarked with lucidity, as the truth had been he'd never been inside the walls of a city for more than a few moments on occasion. The times he had were of avoidance, never stationary within eyesight of others making the concept of a public place for a definitive length of time an unfeasible notion. "I...would have to follow your lead, on that Ceres..." Raidou looks to her holding up one of the solid plant matter with a soft grin proving he wasn't out of this fight just yet.

@Ceres

Edited by Raidou

"Hmmm...." Ceres thought aloud. She had a few ideas on where they could eat - it really depended on what he liked. "Well, there is this nice bread shop on the second floor...they do a really nice curry bread roll..." She spun round on the ball of her heel and started to gesture with her hands, the act of someone shoving something into a smaller thing. "Like...they cram so much curry up in there!" Ceres giggled, "Could you imagine a mega hot spicy curry roll!" She gave him a devillish grin. Still walking backwards  with her hand against the wall.

"Or what about ramen? I know a nice ramen shop...or we could do spicy meat kebabs....oh..." She blinked. She should have asked. "Do you have any dietary things...I mean, I know you could eat anything here, but I mean...if there is something you don't want to eat let me know now, yeh?"

@Raidou

ID: 135655     LD3 + 5 = /   CD /  ( /  Bonus Materials )

1050 Col
T3 Materials X 63

Edited by Ceres
  • 2 weeks later...

"You know Ceres, I have never actually thought about it" Raidou drops the phrase at the concepts of foods he may not enjoy. His pure infatuation with books along with his alienation from society as a whole due to his awkward behaviors. "Do you really want to do this spicy food, challenge..." Raidou didn't understand the precedence of this strange condition she'd decided upon. Shoving his arm back into the crack, Raidou removed a few more hunks of glittering stone from its interior. "I'd like to just treat you to a meal. If I win this task we can eat a meal in my shop in the forest of mist, and you have to eat one of the items I've produced in my shop." Raidou knew the principle might come off weird to Ceres but it was in attempts to discourage her from coming up with more outlandish potential foods to force feed him, and although he was optimistic at his odds wasn't to keen on consuming some strange cuisine.

"And I suppose I'll feed you whatever you hand me If I lose..." Raidou swallowed hard at the admission of his understanding of the obligation if he had lost.

ID# 136078 results: Craft: 10, Loot: 6+5=11

[Gatherer Activated] +3 Bonus Materials

4*T3 Materials Obtained

Total: 61*T3 Materials

@Ceres

Edited by Raidou

Raidou said he hadn't actually thought about it, meaning he had no dietary issues. She had a feeling Benjamin was diabetic, by past conversations with him, which meant he could enjoy sweets an things here.  But if someone were vegetarian, or vegan - Ceres doubted they'd want to eat anything meat based. Even in a virtual game.

Ceres knelt down next to a pile of crystals that was growing out of the ground, there was a small stack of about five different protrusions, and the rose-redheaded woman began to deftly pluck each and every one from the ground, this was great. Each one ended up being a material. "Well Raidou! That almost tips me to 70! Not too much longer now."  She offered him a cheeky wink. "You know if I win I'm still gonna make you eat spicy noodles. I'll even be nice and take a teeny bite for myself!"

Ceres shifted, moving onto the next small deposit of crystals, she had this! She totally had this! No more distractions.

@Raidou

ID:  136325      LD17 + 5 = 2 materials/   CD 11  ( 3  Bonus Materials )
5 materials gained
1050 Col
T3 Materials X 68

Edited by Ceres

Raidou continued his pulling of varied stones from the cavern wall, each possible a grind to a fine powder for composition and bounding an elixir to a fluid. Not sure what they would produce, some of a darkened purple, of lime green and the same blackish glass. It seems the small crack had quite the number within it, Raidou was eager to claim everything contained within just out of sight. Raidou was relying on sense of touch alone to position them within the dark.

Maybe he was losing this challenge, a mix of pride and envy of Ceres coupled with a fear of what might be coming after she does best him in this show of capability. With hands as experienced as his own, she retracts materials from the floor into a small heap and pockets another 5 with ease. Raidou believed it, Ceres was keeping up and ahead of him pretty well and he considered himself very good at gathering resources given the sheer time he's spent doing such tasks. "It will surely be an experience..." Raidou thought out loud, the precedence of spiced cuisine of the pasta variety intriguing him and scaring him deeply and topped with a batting lash of an amethyst eye proving the validity. 

ID# 136328 results: Craft: 9, Loot: 12+5

4*T3 Materials Obtained

Total: 65*T3 Materials

@Ceres

Edited by Raidou

Ceres knelt down by the stack of crystals. She  reached out and with a small 'crack' snapped three pieces off, placing each one of them in her now swelling satchel. Hoo boy, she was glad she was collecting them. It took a lot of time, but her collected materials made her decent amount of Col in store. Maybe...she should charge a little more for them?  "Hey Raidou - I've been charging around 50 col for a T1 , 100 for T2 and I unno, maybe 150 for T3....am I undercharging for these? It's not like its hard to get them...but it does take a lot of time." 

After that Ceres lifted her arms high in the air and arched her back, backwards as she stretched. "Ooof... I'm going to sleep good tonight!" Ceres said with a grin. "Even better when you've tasted the spicy heat of my victory~" She goaded. Ceres looked over at Raidou. He had more or less gone a little quiet. Was that because he was concentrating? Ceres's smile faded ever so slightly as she lowered her arms so they countered her balance on the ground. A quick glance noted the nearby mushrooms, which she could attempt to pick for materials in a moment.

"Mmm, are you okay Raidou?" She asked, concern in her lilting tone. "I'm not distracting you too much, am I?" She was having a lot of fun with him, but she didn't want there to be complete silence between them- Ceres was the kind of person who enjoyed a good chat, and liked to be able to be social when she was around people. Sure, she wasn't very good at those interactions, but she enjoyed them.

@Raidou

ID:136805   LD7 + 5 =12  - 1 Material!   CD 8  ( 2  Bonus Materials )
 3 materials gained
1050 Col
T3 Materials X 71

Edited by Ceres

"I think charging any amount is truly fine as the value was just changing hands. Simply by an exchange, nothing changes, your just moving the resources around. If its simply col, a weapon, a potion, it's all just matter and a means to an end. I would say that all I would focus on, given the circumstances is If I was helping people or not, and if the answer was yes then that is all I need." Raidou explains in regards to Ceres's question, for philosophy such as this was one of his strong suits.

Ceres seemed to have exhaustion setting in, given how long they had been at this and Raidou could feel his hands getting a bit sluggish as well. "Spicy foods.." Raidou didn't really know how to respond, the feeling of such comradery was lost on him.

I'm not distracting you too much, am I?

Raidou's attentions came up to her, she seemed to be a tad bit discouraged by the affair. "Not at all, It's wonderful to be sharing this with you. If it wasn't clear before, I haven't done this quite enough I think and I appreciate your company."

ID# 136813 results: Craft: 9, Loot: 7+5=12, Success!

3*T3 Materials Obtained

Total: 68*T3 Materials

@Ceres

Edited by Raidou

His words...admittedly confused her - in essence it sounded like he thought she could charge anything, because the value was dependent on...what exactly? That's when it confused her. She furrowed her brows. It didn't really make sense. He seemed to like the idea of helping people over making a profit. Which to an extent, Ceres agreed on, but if she couldn't make some sort of profit margin, then how would she buy her food? "Mmmm....yeh...." Was all she could say to his words.

Ceres had ignored the mushrooms for now, instead choosing to listen to Raidou. Whilst she did want to win. She didn't want to win at the expense of ignoring her companion. Truth be told, she kinda really liked Raidou - he was awkward, and seemed to lack a lot of social skills much like her, he was also extremely skilled in gathering and very focused. She admired that about him. "You know Raidou...." She said quietly.  "I quite like you." She paused. 
"You're a good friend."

@Raidou

ID:136814      LD   4 + 5 =9  /  -  Material!  / CD  ( /  Bonus Materials )
0  materials gained
1050 Col
T3 Materials X 71

Edited by Ceres

Continuing to press along through the crevice blindly worming his arm through the stonework, hoping that his hand would find another pebble within its enclosure. His hand finding a small rock inside that was cold in his palm, Raidou removed another onyx black stone from it and adds it to his bag before his arm dives back in. "Although I haven't known you for that long Ceres, it feels as though I have for ages." Raidou declared in candor looking at Ceres clearly while shoulder-deep in the wall with a few seconds of pause to his actions "I find that I'm enjoying this time with you, here in this filthy sticky grotto." Raidou chuckled before his arm began to shuffle about again.

"I wish that everyone I spoke with that my words flowed as cleanly as they do with you, even now I am fighting through the words. Can you tell?" Raidou asked Ceres, seeing that if maybe somehow, she had given him the guise he had been seeking.

ID# 136817 results: Craft: 9, Loot: 11+5=16, Success!

4*T3 Materials Obtained

Total: 72*T3 Materials

@Ceres

Edited by Raidou

Ceres watched as Raidou continued to work, she'd get back to the hunt soon- but she was enjoying her brief reprise. Raidou seemed successful, pulling different coloured stones from the wall. "Good work!" She said with a grin, encouraging him.  "I'm really happy to hear that. Maybe we did know each other someway in the real world, and just didn't know it!" Ceres shrugged. "I don't think this place is filthy, a little sticky maybe...but not filthy, its pretty."

"Hmmmm...." Ceres thought aloud. "Thinking about our earlier conversation... I like being able to help people but...if I'm being honest..." She shifted her gaze to the ceiling above. "I also don't want people to take advantage of me, maybe I'll increase the prices, juuust a little - but keep them the same price for friends. Because we gotta look after our friends. Don't we Raidou?" She asked as she looked back at him with her trademark bright and exuberant smile.  "I already have all my identifications at a super low price, virtually at cost! Sometimes I don't even charge for them - OH! And I nearly always offer discounts, I don't like uneven numbers so I round down."  Ceres laughed. "I suppose that makes me a pretty bad merchant, huh? At least I can continue helping others this way!"

@Raidou

ID:136818     LD  2+ 5 =    -  Material!  / CD  ( /  Bonus Materials )
0  materials gained
1050 Col
T3 Materials X 71

Edited by Ceres

Keeping himself partially in a rock wall trying his best to claim something out of sight within it, pulling free a small uncut emerald before sinking back into it. "If you believe you are being cheated, by all means, increase them as you shouldn't starve yourself to fulfill an idea." The red wanderer explained as he removed a small sapphire adding it to his satchel in fervor as his attentions were divided between the cave wall and Ceres. "I wouldn't know too much in that regard, maybe I'm naive in that sense but I'm ok with that. I consider everyone I come across as a friend until proven otherwise. It has lead me to a few volatile situations, but all in all, I find that a simple carbon outlook that sees only blacks and whites works better for me. It probably doesn't help this fact that I cannot differentiate people apart very well, all I can really see is facts and not motives." Raidou speaks cleanly with a heavy drop of his mentalities as he wipes a small mishappen amethyst on his robe polishing it off to make sure it wasn't just a rock he had retrieved from the node he was picking out of.

"If that makes you a bad merchant then I am an equally bad alchemist." Raidou spoke with sincerity with a chuckle as he had been guilty one too many times of providing his crafts free of charge to any that needed them.

ID# 136820 results: Craft: 9, Loot: 18+5=23, Success!

4*T3 Materials Obtained

Total: 76*T3 Materials

@Ceres

Edited by Raidou

Ceres leaned back, not caring about her clothing getting dirty as she used her arms as a pillow. Lilac eyes watched the ceiling, and how the various colours dance across it. Shifting ever so slightly thanks to the pools of water that littered the cave. How could Raidou think this place was so terrible? Ceres could totally imagine herself camping out here. And with the company of her be speckled friend? That was even better.  The worst thing about the place... was probably the trek to the actual room. Having to crawl hand over knee was a little embarrassing - then there was the noxious gases she had to be careful with when making the trip here.

"It's a shame though..."  She said quietly. "I'd love to visit here more often but I can't without you." She glanced at him. "I guess I just have to bug you to hang out with me more often, eh?" 

@Raidou

ID:  136821     LD 4 + 5 =9    -  Material!  / CD  ( /  Bonus Materials )
0  materials gained
1050 Col
T3 Materials X 71

Edited by Ceres

Raidou wiggled around inside the wall, his hands falling on nothing else contained within it as it feverishly tapped the insides looking for more inside. Retracting his appendage and peering inward to see if there were any more glimmers of jewels visible for which there was none. Assuming that the node had been plucked clean, given how many he removed from it, it was understandable if it was now barren. "You can't come here without me?" Raidou queried in curiosity not sure of what she meant what she had said, surely she remembered the trail they had taken to get here. "I suppose you will..." Raidou responded not quite sure how to interpret what Ceres had said, as he scanned her over trying to read her body language and her face and understand what she meant looking into her lit purple eyes and a pleasant grin plastered on her face.

ID# 136824 results: Craft: 3, Loot: 2+5=7, Failure!

@Ceres

Edited by Raidou