[F02] «Breaking the Unbreakable» Gaining the will to fight [Complete]

Keeping to himself, purveying the environment slipping between prying eyes. The floor was quiet on this moonlit night, most of the grinding players had bedded down for the evening. Coming near the southern rim of a large mountain peak, comprised of slanted moss of green and organic browns Raidou takes to the ground at the base of this impressive although impeeding spire looming over him.

Pocketing whats received from a patch of dark red. "Not much here." Raidou whispers when a voice from his flank permeates through the air. "Ah boy, Have an inkling to challenge the stone do yee?" 

Raidou turns a bit startled and withdrawn, then breaths out in relief noticing the yellowed NPC marker. Staring back at him an older gentleman, a small hut visible from behind him ragtag and rundown.

"What?" a remark of confusion as Raidou doesn't understand the query. "Come I'll show you to it then..."

The man trails off, and Raidou's interest peaked although slightly flabbergasted at the notion, follows in tow.

A large sphere of earthen material lays in a divet between the mountains break. "See see, can you do it... your blade will serve you no justice here...Is your mettle up to the test?"

Mettle...

Again. You press for things that you really shouldn't

Who think they can solve others problems

you make me sick...

The words echoed as if the silence was repeating them, reliving the encounter lighting a fire in him. "What would you have me do?" Raidou looks on with fury toward the NPC, who takes little notice of it "Break the boulder with your hands, gain the strength to use those hands effectively in combat. It won't be easy."

"Nothing worth doing ever is... I accept." a stalwart response from a hikikomori shut in with purpose.

With a bit of paint, lines drawn on his skin as his glasses are removed from his face.

Raidou breaths out and slides his feet shoulder length apart, mimicking his past allows his center to settle.

#134510 CD: 3, LD: 14+5

[Gatherer Activated!] +1 Material Obtained

2*T1 Materials Obtained!

Edited by Raidou

Nothing but the stillness of the night embracing him, at the foot of darkened pillars of Gaia cradling a stone between its maw. Raidou keys up the way he's trained but has not used in ages past, and a world apart. The blow is swift but weak.

"Hrah" the key breaks the silence with the impact of hand to stone. Repositioning his feet and pulling his arm back from the extension, a soft breath out returning to neutral.

"I'll leave it to you then boy, temper those fists of you. If you succeed, come to me and ill remove that crap from your face."

If you succeed

"I'll succeed, or die trying." Raidou speaks but doesn't seem to be referring to the stone with no weapons.

Each blow in line, bit by bit rubble trickles down its surface being eroded like waves upon the shore.

We know what we are, but know not what we may be

#134511 BD:5+1

[Raidou Deals 1 Damage!]

Raidou: HP 460/460 Dmg 1/Acc 1/Eva 3/Miti 27

Sphere of Stone: 49/50 Eva -2

Edited by Raidou

With each blow, thoughts dance through his faculty like beating drums in fragmented words. The stone lets free another few pebbles under each punch executed in a rhythmic pattern with structure and experience.

*Blam*

*Shick*

*Huff*

Real...

F*** off...

Failure...

Each blow seeming to demolish these ideals he was fighting against, Raidou breaking not only the stone before him but his own inhibition.

Raidou degrees softly "I'm tired of running." to an anthem of pounding fist

Another blow

"I'm tired of being worthless" A whisper between breaths, Raidou assuring himself as scattered fragments fall between his knuckles

*bang*

"I can do...so much more than hiding myself." Raidou swings again full motion, his knuckles stinging with each impact but the feeling fell deaf to his rage.

It was less one strong strike from power, but a steady stream of strikes wearing down piece by piece through adjuration. A resolve beginning to manifest itself behind the strikes as determination rose.

#134512 BD:5+1

[Raidou Deals 1 Damage!]

Raidou: HP 460/460 Dmg 1/Acc 1/Eva 3/Miti 27

Sphere of Stone: 48/50 Eva -2

Edited by Raidou

The large boulder broke away in fragments, large chunks of it flying about in disarray to the surface. Quiet resolve poured from Raidou, his demeanor no alteration with each beat against its smoothed surface. The gleamed reflection of softened moisture condensed upon its surface reflects those who he had deemed he failed, being projected from his mind to it. His hands were ablaze with sensation, the red wanderer reminded of the same warmth pressed upon his cheek. Between each blow a hushed serenity, the strikes resounding like drops of water into a basin.

The task was daunting, he noticed that only a few pieces of the large stone seemed to give way as it was still mostly intact despite him wailing away. His will faltered just a bit, seeming impossible to him. A voice burned into his mind...

You got your respite, right?

"Damn it..." The strikes regained composure and became a bit more emotional.

[Raidou Deals 1 Damage!]

Sphere of Stone: 47/50 Eva -2

#134513 BD: 7+1

Edited by Raidou

"Why wasn't it ok..." Raidou struck a fist in each with the words flowing from him like water, a pause from every word as it hung between as if awaiting the next jab.

"What did I do wrong!" 

screamed to a blackened out floor, running vacant but the sounds of his anger and pain expelling through his fists. The keys from the attacks becoming violent and full of emotion as time passed by, ticking forward with each percussion.

"Why can't I just..." The sentence falls just short of completion as it pours from lips pulled tight.

"It's all just so..."

The world isn't kind, nor is it fair

"Unfair..."

"Then I'll make my world fair, my world will be kind through fire if need be." A quivering resolve, struggling to find a home in the boy with little of it to spare through the cadence of blows shattering an obstacle seemingly impossible to overcome.

[Raidou Deals 1 Damage!]

Sphere of Stone: 46/50 Eva -2

ID#134515 BD: 3+1

Edited by Raidou

"I'll show you. I'll prove my true nature" a valiant call from a nomad, a weakling, a shut-in. The yell dark with a flare that hadn't yet peaked within him, he was gaining the will to fight back and justify the ideals he holds pure.

With a strike unheard of from unenhanced paw, a guttural crash creating a static shock to the swordsman but unwavering in his blindness.

"Become the hero they were meant to be with time"

"I am no hero, but for damn sure will my grave not be contained here." Raidou clamored, shaking his hand to regain feeling before shifting his stance to be more fluid. 

"For so long, I hid, I forsake lineage and shut my self to a world whether it be this one or the other." gritting his teeth with a lightly bit tongue and the flavor of copper filling the interior of his mouth. Winding back his right shoulder, in the way he was taught as a child a reflection of the past self.

#134516 BD:10

[Raidou Deals 3 Damage!]

Sphere of Stone: 43/50 Eva -2

Edited by Raidou

The prospect of accepting his family trade stuck like glue at the forefront of his mind.

"No this isn't for them, it's for the friends I've met here." Raidou asserts sorting his feelings and reflections to become clear. Pulling a small vial from his pocket and looking it over second-guessing it

This means I fight now

No more running

No more hiding

The blood-red concoction contained within swishing around in the small glass container, the moon from behind him reflecting into it in, a falsely produced nightmare.

Who would have thought that when I made this, I would be the one drinking it

One small act does not speak for the world

"A small act...can change one's world." Raidou remarks shifting it over in his hands remembering the girl standing on the ice in a sea of white, although it was thick she was about to fall under through the crushing weight of her own passions.

"I'm not giving up...Not on you or myself."

#134517 BD:1+1

Edited by Raidou

Raidou just scans and ponders before his response, a solid *thunk* as the vial is uncorked and he chugs the mixture. It was bitter and strong, settling in his belly warm and hot with a taste like sulfur and stone. A cough as Raidou clutches his throat, the vial rolling along the surface near his feet. It subsides "That will take some...time to get used to." Raidou expresses wiping his tongue with his stone powdered hand in attempts to poorly remove the taste.

"Now where was I..." amber eyes vibrant in the moonlight with an aggressive flare.

*Sniff* A deep inhale...

*Hwah* A soft exhale...

Strength began to fill his frame, through intention and augmentation sliding his legs shoulder with apart with a raised open palm at eye level and a clenched fist pressed to his waist elbow back.

This was the signature stance of Mugen-Tenshin, with his own defensive adaptation and although it would serve him little here, its what he knew. 

[Raidou consumed Golem's Strength!]

+2 Damage for a thread!

Raidou: HP 460/460 Dmg 3/Acc 1/Eva 3/Miti 27

Edited by Raidou

It was different now, the strikes seemed to reflect Raidou's intentions to succeed with each breaking off larger pieces than before, these intentions fueled by his perseverance to change and become better: worthy of being strong and to understand that which he does not.

My blade collects dust in my shop, It was forged for more than that

Two blows on the left side, alternating arms between them shifting his feet, his shoulders his hands in one chained fluid motion. Winding back with both arms to his waist above his right hip, Raidou drops both in unison with open palms connecting the surface and exhales with a key up.

*Hyut*

A crack climbs up its leftmost side as a large portion of the boulder hairlines and falls free of the rest, crashing and breaking apart in pieces leaving it whittled away by an unceasing wave beating upon its smooth surface until it's washed away completely.

[Raidou does 3 Damage!]

Sphere of Stone: 40/50 Eva -2

#134521 BD:4+1

Edited by Raidou

Raidou notices it fall "It's weakening, I really am doing this, I actually am capable of fighting back." the confidence welling up from within him
Failure

Not to trust people

Drawing a line back from the stone to his waist with renewed faith

Besides, I'd rather just do things like that and enjoy them than not do things at all, right?

"Things that need to change, learn to enjoy what I have and not shut myself away from it all." Looking down to his fist at right hip, and back to the rock before him.

A key up once again breaks the silence in the radiance of blue enveloping him in this dead night.
Objectives become painfully clear with a drawback, a wind-up, placing his fingertips to the slab blocking his progress both figurative and literal. His fist glows with purpose, a cool grey container shaped to it, and with a sundering crack of the impact audible from a distance as another fissure shatters another hulk of the compact soil collapsing to the terrain.

[Raidou does 5 Damage!]

Sphere of Stone: 35/50 Eva -2

#134522 BD:10

Edited by Raidou

A shatter, a break, and a fall. Progress was being made although an arduous task lay before him, it was working bit by bit. Each fist making headwind and busting the slab to pebbles with each assailed blow, a stalwart glare and ferocious determination bleeding from eyes of amber on the stones reflective surface.

"My own strength will lead my blade."

"Resolve comes from within."

"The fault lies not within the stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings striving for purpose, for we are meager still."

Philosophy etched into his brain, metamorphic with each spoken incantation leaving in tune with the blows in a darkened floor.

Curling back once more, a thunderous crash breaking away pieces of each failure, personified within the large hunk of terrain. Sliding feet, sturdy shoulders and past experience reforging the boy to steel, removing impurities; of sadness, of guilt, of weakness with each concussive blow.

[Raidou does 3 Damage!]

Sphere of Stone: 32/50 Eva -2

#134577 BD:6+1

Edited by Raidou

Chains of falling blows, an uphill battle almost halfway won despite odds stacked against him. Rage unending as the hours pass, minutes that feel like lifetimes in an unreal reality. 

People do hear you, but do they

The concept milling around in a melting pot for consumption, ringing consistently in time with each collision. "Before my speech was a weak frail thing, I must nurture it and sharpen my tongue. A voice that can't be unheard, unmistaken, a voice that isn't possible to misconstrue."

do you hear them?

"To listen, to understand..." A whisper on the soft-spoken tongue in lustrous sapphire painted sky, subtle dark hue with no coverage or winds.

Understand the meaning behind the phrase, behind the nuance and subtlety and body language I know not how to read it, I know of the fact it exists...

A punch between each and every image flashing before his eyes.

A step away....

Rotating...

Shaking hands...

Exhaled breath...

A smile...

A handshake...

#134587 BD: 9+1 Minor Crit!

[Raidou does 4 Damage!]

Sphere of Stone: 28/50 Eva -2

Edited by Raidou

As if breaking down a human with each flashing recurrence of every bit of subtle response produced without a phrase he's seen so far, like numbers to him cataloging each in attempts to understand them. The slab of the earth lie before him halfway destroyed, but it paled in comparison to the progress he was making with each falling fist.

Analyzing the designations and segregating them for him to force them out artificially if need be.

Trembling "Angry"

Handshake "Welcome"

A sigh "Annoyed"

A grin "Happy"

Turning around "Acceptance"

To begin to walk away "Surrender"

Each being stored in memory to be recalled later with a hardened punch to the rockface upon completion.

Shifting his feet strong, a cloud of dust leaving a trail attached to his heels, a gentle breeze beginning to take hold swaying the trees and strands of his hair while carrying the rising soot off into the distance.

#134659 BD: 4+1

[Raidou does 3 Damage!]

Sphere of Stone: 25/50 Eva -2

Edited by Raidou

The wind commenced to pick up as the sky began to alter in saturation, becoming a lighter shade of blue as the night was coming to an end, a new day on the horizon with the stars overhead losing their shine in the tapestry overhead. The skittering sounds of the sand being torn asunder with rapid footfalls, a fast and concise *Shiik* as Raidou pivots drawing a semicircle behind him with his right heel kicking up more sand to the blowing air. Completing the roundabout with the backside of his right-hand slamming hard against the left half of the boulder. Retraction raising his hands overhead in a cross then back to neutral with a resounding *huff*.

"I continue learning, dissecting everything I'm told and it all starts here." Raidou yells into the void with his mindset structured from all the information finally constructed into something he could comprehend for once.

#134661 BD: 3+1

[Raidou does 3 Damage!]

Sphere of Stone: 22/50 Eva -2

Edited by Raidou

Closing his eyes and pulling in the quiet serenity inward to center with a deepened breath his head slanted slightly downward with gleaming frames. The red cloak strapped to his shoulders dancing gracefully in the wind around him as his legs shift about through the soil in a cadence of a circular pattern before they stop.

"Right foot back..."

"All he does is read all day, how are we going to keep this place running with my only son refusing to continue."

"Left forward"

"I don't care what he wants to do if he's a member of this family he's going to learn just like I did at his age!"

"Body at 45 degrees"

"if you're not going to take this place over when you get older, then you are worthless!"

"Toes pointed out"

Ripping his hands into position, the past drudged up for use after so many years, forsaken but reclaimed this day for use in a strange world.

#134662 BD: 2+1 Miss!

Sphere of Stone: 22/50 Eva -2

Edited by Raidou

The reflection falls into a stagnancy leaving nothing but calm, Raidou's eyes flare open into brightly lit orange his fist taking on a silvery greyish hue with one fluid lunge at surprising speed as the cardinal system senses intention and happily obliges and carries him through the motion. An open palm as his upper half turns while drawing his left to his hip with a linked flow. The palm despite being open-handed pushes deep with a residual *crunch* his arm sliding elbow deep into the rock with quite the magnitude.

Putting his left foot up and kicking back to extract his arm from the powerful blow, Raidou slides back before kneeling down and using his left arm to stop himself, dragging his fingertips into the soil as if an anchor along the ocean floor. Pushing off with his left arm with a similar exhale and swiveling feet he re-enters his neutral stance.

# 134663 BD: 9+1 Minor Crit!

[Raidou does 4 Damage!]

Sphere of Stone: 18/50 Eva -2

Edited by Raidou

Kicking off with his feet as his heels raise, dirt clotted up in a small cloud at the sudden upheaval. Moving full speed as fast as his feet would carry him as the assist system boots up once again, he cries out *Hyah* shoving a hardened punch wrist-deep like a heated knife through butter into the slab of stone, the small smog trailing his wake. Removing his hand, the stone crumbling to more fragmented pebbles leaving merely but a fraction of the boulder still intact.

Another huff back to neutral, Raidou was getting used to the idea of fighting, and the feeling of it.

Raidou's eyes darted upward to the sky, which was starting to take on a few shades of warm colors in the form of hues of gold and amber.

I've been at this for hours Raidou thought to himself, with a small smile creeping on his face.

[Raidou does 3 Damage!]

Sphere of Stone: 15/50 Eva -2

#134664 BD: 5+1

Edited by Raidou

The concept that Raidou stuck it out this long, doing something he hadn't until now and was completing it bit by bit through sheer force of will. The slab laying before him starting to become slightly illuminated in the twilight now lay in but a shadow of the former daunting task it was at the start. Winding back both arms to his right hip the palms gaining a glow of grey before making contact and breaching the stone with a solid and cataclysmic *crack* causing a large chunk of the stone to break off and slide off of the main body at an angle before tumbling to the floor.

"Just a little more...and my proof will be given"

Retracting his arms back to position and re-anchoring his heels where they belonged, his proof of strength becoming more and more evident with the rising sun ascending gracefully in the blue-lit heavens behind him.

[Raidou does 5 Damage!]

Sphere of Stone: 10/50 Eva -2

#134665 BD: 10 Major Crit!

Edited by Raidou

As Raidou's heels touched the soil, the seemed to spring back upward as if repulsed by the ground underneath them. Another resounding blow of surprising force bleeding from a slender frame echoed outward in an audible wave that rung from the past on the spires surrounding the area. Two palms pressed end to end with curled fingertips, the palms being the point of impact as the grey glow began to dissipate with more crashing stone falling free into rubble.

The slab was just that now, smooth and flat on one side leaving this small fragment left still whole with no cracks about it. "I think this is just about over, for when darkness turns to light."

Raidou looks to the sky as its gaining more warm tones by each minutes end.

Sliding his feet together and then under his shoulders and back to neutral, drawing his left fingertips to the stone.

"All this garbage I've been carrying is buried here!"

[Raidou does 5 Damage!]

Sphere of Stone: 5/50 Eva -2

#134666 BD:10 Major Crit!

Edited by Raidou

Another flying fist that doesn't dig quite as deep as Raidou plunges his right arm into the rock a foot and retracts it back to him in scattering pebbles and greyed powder. The stone littered with a few decent size hand holes and the integrity couldn't hold up to much longer to the waves of water crashing upon its surface for what seemed like an eternity. Raidou did not, however,  appear to be winded or exhausted in the slightest. Resolve that was becoming iron, Raidou looked on with a slight perched smile at the surprising success of a task he would have never performed before now. A new and welcome feeling of success and confidence welled within, echoing words of lessons taught even though some reluctantly.

"I need to speak to Aoiki and try to set things right."

The blue-haired girl's face darted through his mind

"Maybe I'll pay Ceres a visit."

The chipper girl who had given him footing, amethyst eyes with kindness worth twice as much

"and I think after this when I see her next..."

An image of the maiden in a cleared canvas of white, trembling

"When I do...find Mari again..."

[Raidou does 3 Damage!]

Sphere of Stone: 2/50 Eva -2

#134668 BD: 5+1

Edited by Raidou