[SP-F1/10] Engineering power <<Earning a Living: Blacksmith>>

Well guess its time for me to get this going as well, I did some research on this but it seemed I'm stuck on being my own crafter as well. It will not be hard at all so I guess I could start getting used to crafting as well. As I walk to the location, to start this quest, I had a book in my hand as I walked. The book told about how crafting worked, it was quite interesting to read on and see that you could make anything just as it was in the limit of weapons or armor. Well, at least I knew what I wanted and needed to do getting to this blacksmith who teaches players how to forge and stuff. It will probably not be that hard at all. 

With my new armor, I looked a lot stronger on the first floor than any normal person. The slim gray undersuit with a leather padded jacket and a white shoulder cap. As well as a battle skirt with a small skirt and some normal pants. I walked over to what I thought to the location.  Best to know what will happen, so reading up in this book while I walked was quite handy, I zigzagged between people even without hitting anyone. I seemed quite skilled at this and passed people without trouble.

Spoiler

Azhoda: 29 | HP 580/580 | EN 58/58 | DMG 6 | MIT 23 | REC 4 | EVA 3 | LD 2

Skills

Two-Handed Weapons THAS Rank 5
Light Armor Rank 1
Parry

Empty Skill...
Empty Skill...

Equipment

• Snell (T1 Jewel | EVA 3)
  • Therapeftís (T2 Light Armor | Perfect | MIT, Recovery 2)
  • Dragons Claw (T1 Jewelry | Rare | Loot Dice 2)
    • 5x  Standard Healing Potions (T1 Potion, Heals 50)

Edited by Azhoda

It didn't seem to be hard at all, you just think of the item you want to craft and start slowly working on it, sure sometimes it goes better than expected and you get quite good results. But no matter what the option was You always were busy wasting materials So I needed those a lot. That means I needed to get to know the best places to get some of them. Maybe I could ask Koga for help one day so I can get some materials and see if I could get the armor fast. Walking my way to the door I seemed to get to the blacksmith or at least the place where you got this quest started. 

Taking a small breath I looked at the book and read it very quickly, it was simple and easy to read fast and I was ready to get this quest started maybe I should get my spear out for the best and get ready for anything. Putting away the book and opening my inventory I got out my spear and just to make sure I got ready for anything I needed to face off here.

-Switching gear,  Dragons Claw (T1 Jewelry | Rare | Loot Dice 2) for Gliding Glaive (T1 THAS | Perfect | DMG 2, ACC 1 )
-stats Change,  
Azhoda: 29 | HP 580/580 | EN 58/58 | DMG 9 | MIT 23 | REC 4 | EVA 3 

I entered the building and looked around it was quite warm inside here and nodded, to start with this quest I needed to find a man of who I knew was a blacksmith. With this knowledge I looked around and spoke out into the shop, "Hello is there anywhere here where I can learn from a blacksmith," I said into the shop. for a second it was quiet until a man spoke. "A blacksmith, eh? Well, you've come to the right place!" A man standing over an anvil and wielding an impressive smithing hammer greets me with a hearty guffaw. "May not be the easiest or prettiest lifestyle, but the ole' anvil won't let you down when you need some sturdy weapons and armors." A few loud clangs ring out through the smithy as Cerdic drives the flat of his hammer into the red-hot metal of a straight-sword in progress, "Tell you what. Go scrounge up five pieces of ore and I'll show you how to use 'em along with a hammer of your own. There should be plenty in the caves past the southern forest--heck, you may even find some layin' around half-buried in the dirt! Just bring 'em here and we'll make you into a proper blacksmith." Cerdic nods with another boisterous laugh.

With that said and done I walked out into the city again, It was quite calm and easy quest. Maybe it was fun to just go into the wild and try to fight something, gaining materials like that would be fun. It means I also got off some EXP and even maybe some loot on the side. But knowing that it was hard to gain anything here on this floor I made my way over to the teleporter and went to floor 10.  With this Idea, I made my way back to the 10th floor. setting up this way I tried to think of something to get my mind stuck on while walking. Maybe some ideas for crafting maybe once I'm back or even a place to call home as sitting in an inn will in the end just cost me a lot of money in the end. 

Knowing this I set my mind on a way to make sure I did not waste money like I did not need it as it seems once I got the col it will do away just as fast as I get it. More likely because of my appetite or how I spend my nights. Inns are not cheap, even more so the food wasn't cheap either.

Edited by Azhoda

So the easiest way to make sure I don't waste too much money is to get a place to stay for the long term. People seem to get houses easy like pocket money, so that would not be too hard at all but still I needed to get that money to at least get a house. But what kind of house would be the best here, It was going to give me enough space to just trying to do my thing, but what was my thing. Back home in the real world I always had a small apartment so not much room, but it always got cluttered that I could not have any guests over. And Now that I gain 'friends' maybe it would be nice to also invite them into the house if they ever needed a place to stay over for the night.

Now thinking about it like that I passed the gate from the settlement and entered the wild without me even noticing at all. Well, at least not until I seemed to run out of the route to walk on. "Ooh, well guess I can better start fighting now sooner or later." saying this I got out my spear and made sure I was ready for combat.

This place was quite good then any other place but I knew for sure that I got items from here if I did my best. It was clear that I could easily gain some items here and get better at the whole leveling Idea as well. Knowing that it was going to be as simple to find a monster, I ran into one. A single wolf, out of nowhere the floor stoot there and was ready to attack me, but I was the one to land the first hit. With my spear in hand, I trusted my spear with guidance from the system into the wolf and with a smash hit the creature right on the head. HA alright, easy said and easily done. With this, I made sure to avoid the wolf as It jumped at me with speed. It seems the wolf had some of infection as it was slower than any other wolf around here, it was easy picking for sure but I had to gain something from this as for sure I knew that it was not going to waste at all.

ID 135157 | BD: 7+3=10 HIT | 9*15= 135 | -17 Energy |
                   | CD: 10, +4 Energy
                   | MD: 5-3=2 MISS |

Azhoda | HP 580/580 | EN 58/47 | DMG 9 | MIT 23 | REC 4 | EVA 3 

Wolf | HP 270/405 | DMG 87 | EVA -3 |

Edited by Azhoda

The battle went on and as I felt my armor glow a bit I got some more energy pumping into me as I was fighting, a Nice boost for sure now to the next part killing it. I took my spear into my hand again and raised it up into the air before it started to glow purple. It felt strong and with yet another four trusts right into the side of the before I made a spin and guided my spear above me slamming it from above with the blade. It seemed to do not so good anymore and with the battle nearly done and over I made sure that my energy was still good. Sadly not the same boost from before, but more of an adrenaline boost. The Wolf seemed to be a bit disconnected from the world and was wobbling from left to right seeming to not stand on his feet any time soon for longer.

ID 135158 | BD: 4+3=7 HIT | 9*15=135 | -17 Energy | +1 Energy
                   | CD: 1
                   | MD: 3-3=0 MISS |

Azhoda | HP 580/580 | EN 58/31 | DMG 9 | MIT 23 | REC 4 | EVA 3 

Wolf | HP 135/405 | DMG 87 | EVA -3 |

Edited by Azhoda

My plan was clear, I can kill this thing right here and now, meaning I just need to hit it in the face with the same attack again and it should be out. It was really not going to be that hard right. Gaining some col and items on the sideline would not be that hard at all. Taking my spear in both hands I took a deep breath and unleashed my attack right on to the wolf. One, Two, Three, Four, and Slam. There it went the last it on the wolf as it disappeared into smaller particles and exploded. Knowing how strong and how much energy it cost I looked at my energy level and let out a sigh, It seemed I could not have waited longer as my energy level was going down fast. With this, I sat down to the ground as my stomach began to growl as well. Ohh snap, I didn't eat at all, Well I'm now, here and can't go home for some time so let's just focus on the items I needed, what I didn't get at all.

ID 135159 | BD: 5+3=8 HIT | 9*15=135 | -17 Energy | +1 Energy
                   | CD: 5
                   | MD: 1

Azhoda | HP 580/580 | EN 58/15 | DMG 9 | MIT 23 | REC 4 | EVA 3 

Wolf | HP 405/0 | DMG 87 | EVA -3 |
2835 Col

Looting ID :135161 | LD 10 | CD 6 = 1 Rare Trinket, 405 Col 

Edited by Azhoda

Sitting down on the ground I took breath looking down at my stomach, Yeez why did I not plan, But I did but not taking the account of eating again. Well, nothing can be done about this for sure, Knowing this I knew that soon I probably need to get a rest or something as my body will go over its limit for sure if I keep going like this. Either that or I should get something to eat. My plan was to see if I could get something done. I wanted to test something but also wanted to see if I could find someone or some people to help me level faster apart from Koga as we both are around the same level now. 

Maybe I could try to get some of the people I have met during the events, That Calrex guy and Baldur seem to be quite strong and I am interested to know more about them as well. It was very clear to me that both of them seemed to be strong and I wanted to learn more about how they fight to find out how to be a better player as well.

• 1 month later...

It was really hard to get some of these materials out here and knowing all too well that fighting isn't the best option now or any time at all. With that last thought on my head, I got up and looked down at the ground. it was way too dark in here and it didn't help that monsters spawned out here. Taking a deep breath I made my thought and plan and went back to the floor where I was supposed to take the quest. Walking over to the settlement I kind of knew how to get there, It was not hard or easy but it was really just straight ahead. 

getting to the settlement I made a sharp turn to the teleporter and looked at the Quest one more time. Yep, it's better to get back to the first floor for this sort of stuff. It would not be as hard as well. It just some materials gathering and stuff. As I was thinking at this moment I kind of notice that I have been filler thinking and just random and useless things popped to my mind and made it all look weird in my head as I looked at things. But yeah floor one. 

And as soon as the words left my mouth to go back to floor one, I was teleported back to the one and only floor one. It was good to know not much is going to change only that I have to find some materials as soon as I can. Setting off back into the wild I notice that my equipment was a bit on the weak side, Meaning I either need to make my own weapons and armour or I can try something else Maybe I can find someone who can show me the ropes after I have done this quest and maybe take me as an apprentice even. That was really thought for later but as for now, I need to clear this quest and get a start on what to do.

Once leaving the city and standing outside of the walls of the safety from the save zone. It was not that hard in my mind but knowing all too well that Floor one was one of the most known and most gathered at Floor out here. Looking for a bit of any sort of ore or something else that could work for a blacksmith was really one of the harder things to do here. A few materials laid around here and they were good but not what I was looking for at all.

Action: Gathering Materials
ID: 138814 | LD: 2+2= 4 | Failed

Edited by Azhoda

Knowing what kind of materials I needed to find was easy, Alright Shion, you know where to go, I thought as I made my way over to the cave from one of those first lessons quests. I don't even remember if I Have done one of those quests at all but knowing I knew about the whole idea of being less effective in a cave made it clear to me that I do remember some sort of quest-based around the item you needed to gather here. It took a bit of time to get to the cave, but all the time worth it and for sure it was good way to go and about this. 

Seeing the cave in the distance was not that hard as I walked right at the mouth of the cave, hearing a few bats as I walked close I took out a Light item to make sure I got something to make it easier to see around in this cave. Slowly walking into the cave itself I notice straight away at the mouth of the cave a stone with dust on it. Walking over to it and blowing the dust of the item I notice that the stone was a blacksmith material and I picked it up and placed it into my inventory. As soon as I did so the quest updated to 1 out of 4 materials gathered

ID: 138815 | LD: 17+2=19 | 1 Tier 1 Materials
1/5 materials

Edited by Azhoda

That was the first of the bunch, now four more to go and then some crafting as well. Seeing as it was a good start in this cave I made my way deeper into the cave looking around left and right keeping my eyes out for maybe any sort of enemy that wanted to make my day worse. But with the light from outside still behind me and this not being an official dungeon, it was clear there was no black screen for loading in the cave.

Time went on as I looked around and I felt like I missed something but I was not having any luck as I walked around in the cave for a bit with the outside light still behind me. It was hard to see as well as the basis of the light behind me and the light coming from the item I was holding it was kind of pitch-black around me. But slowly I was gathering my baring and nodded knowing deeper was the only way of going.

ID: 138816 | LD: 2+2=4 | Failed
1/5 materials

Edited by Azhoda

With that last thought, I made my way deeper into the cave turning a corner as the light from outside was not gone. Now only the light from the item I was holding was shining and beyond that it was black. Lucky for me I was not scared of the dark or night, Knowing that everything inside this cave was either weak or just plain on stupid and didn't attack me. So I was safe for sure. But still walking in the dark and the only light source around was the item I had in my hand meaning I would go blind if I had to fight.

but I was really not worried at all and made my way around this place quite easily and without any trouble at all. Still, it was dark and I could not help to notice that it got harder and harder to gather materials at all. Slowly and carefully I made my way around the cave step by step walking to someplace I could get some better luck with materials.

ID: 138817 | LD: 1+2=3 | Failed
1/5 Materials

Edited by Azhoda

Walking for a bit more I came into a clear open area of the cave as my footsteps began to echo more and more as I walked into this hallway of the cave. Step ... By Step ... By step ... by Step ... by Step, Started to echo into the surroundings. It was clearly big and open, and every time I took a step further into the cave my footsteps echoed more and more. It was, apart from my own breathing and footsteps, quiet around here. It had its own ambience around here, completely different from floor 10 or outside in floor 1, Even though this was floor 1, it felt more like a different floor altogether. 

As for any luck with the materials gathering mission, I had, well, to say the least, I was not getting any better. Maybe a other group was ahead of me and took all that there was to gather around here. But on the other side, I also had to deal with the darkness and nearly seeing nothing at all. Both Stalagmites and stalactites were in this open place and earing a few water drops fall was not the worst in a replacement of this quest.

ID: 138818 | LD: 9+2=11 | Failed
1/5 Materials

Edited by Azhoda

Walking more into the middle the stalactites and stalagmites were better to see with the lights shining on them. Looking around at them I was clearly impressed by them as I never saw them myself and only heard or read up about them. It was quite something for sure and I slowly touched one of the stalagmites that went from the ground up to the ceiling of the cave. Of course, it was wet as I touched it because by dripping water a stalagmite is created slowly over time. Yet knowing that this world didn't live as long as ours in the real world it was a bit less impressive but it was still an experience.

Looking around them a bit I notice thanks to the light a flash of something shining. Getting closer to shine I kneeled down to inspect it. Once close I noticed that is was an item as well. Slowly picking it up I shacked it a bit to get the water of the rock and notice that it was an ore with some metals inside it. Soon as I placed it into my inventory my quest updated and I just needed three more items to gain a foothold on the quest.

ID: 138819 | L: 19+2=21 | 1 Tier 1 Materials
2/5 Materials

Edited by Azhoda

Getting up from my knees again I looked around the stalagmites and slowly walked around them to see if my luck could help me a bit more here, but it seemed the stalagmites revealed all their hidden treasure to me, being one stone with metals inside them. But it was now not the time to give up and I got out my menu and smiled knowing all too well what I was going to do. With one quick more I smashed a stone against my light item and a flash came off as it went full-on bright and letting out a light.

There was the moment, A small *click* sound came from my menu and once that was done I opened my menu to a tap called images. there it was the photo made from the Stalagmites and stalactites. I smiled at the picture and put away my menu again before looking around at the rock formation again. It was quite a different look from just normal, they looked so real and yet they weren't real at all. Still, this is something you don't find many times out on a walk so it was best to remember the times of things found around on the floors.

ID: 138820 | LD: 10+2=12 | Failed
2/5 Materials

Edited by Azhoda

"Alright Shion, Let's do this!!!" this ... This ... This ... This ... ugh God still not really used to that Echo around here. But still, it was no time to hang around and do nothing, sure this was something of nature and knowing that they are there is always a fine benefit for sure. Walking over to the other side of the cave... or was this the side I came from. Opening my map I notice that I have been walking around and got back to the entrance of this opening, to be honest, it is kind of hard to find you way around this place if its dark like this. Looking at my map and holding a light source, on the other hand, I walked to the other side of the opening and as the map updated I walked right to the other side passed some more stalagmites. 

Looking around a bit to see if I maybe have missed something, maybe I was a bit lacklustre but I still knew that if I did my best I would maybe find some extra materials around here making my job quite a bit easier.

ID: 138821 | LD: 5+2=7 | Failed
2/5 Materials

Edited by Azhoda

Now walking over the exit of this opening I have seen to notice one of the smaller stalagmites has something close to it. As I get closer and kneel down to reach out to it I seemed to pick it up and inspect it. Of course, the last item around here is just another material. Meaning that the last Item I got here is are just two more. Standing up from the floor the quest updated and notified that I still needed just two more materials as well. Not like I knew that already or something but still nice to get an update now and then.

I closed down my map to make sure I didn't walk into a wall or something or even stumble over and fall to the ground. It was still dark here and the cave seemed bigger than normal. It was rare to even get around here but knowing that the third lesson I think is also in this cave system makes it clear that floor one is just a bit more than just hills and forests. And I enjoy that, it gives a vibe of more and open items like the real world as well.

ID: 138822 | LD: 16+2=18 | 1 Tier 1 Materials
3/5 Materials

Edited by Azhoda

I let out a sigh as I walk around in the new to explore hallway for me. It was dark and the hallway of the cave was narrower than the other paths in this cave. But it was clear that with some time and patient it would be rewarding for sure. It just takes a bit of time over the time it normally takes. Still, it didn't hell me much or any at all that it kept getting narrower and narrower in this cave, what if a boss or either a stong monster popped out and attacked me. I can't swing my weapon around here its way to long and that would mean I just have to do basic thrust attacks.

But soon as the thought about this came to me the cave started to go back to normal getting bigger and bigger. Opening the map I looked at it for a minute and it seemed that a big and open room was up ahead. It seemed like something was build inside this cave but I was not sure what or if it was something. Getting closer and closer I looked around and for a minute I thought I saw something like a gate pop out from the walls. Or at least it looked like one.

ID: 138823 | LD: 5+2=7 | Failed
3/5 Materials

Edited by Azhoda