[OP-F5] Gathering Mats

Ethereal packs his sword, a couple of potions and heads out of the shop door. Argent, his familiar, is sat on his shoulder. "Alright, Argent. I've heard the Floor 5 monsters drop a lot of stuff when killed. I'm fresh out of mats so this is the perfect opportunity to find out.". Argent remains silent as Ethereal locks the door to the shop, and walks down to the warp gate.

"Teleport, Armadillo" Ethereal told the warpgate. He braced himself, tensing up, a habit he couldn't break and he did every time he activated a warp. The sudden change of humidity and temperature whacked him in the face like sandpaper. He coughed and Argent jumped into the air for a second as his Master doubled over. "I hate this floor." he growled. He stood up and made his way through the settlement.

Soon walking far into the desert, using is <> skill to go further than most people, he enters the area where the sand forms larger crystals than normal. "It seems I've found some sort of hidden area." he tells Argent. "Indeed, we should take advantage of this.". Ethereal jumped up and down on the sand, causing vibrations through the sand. After a few seconds a number of large, brown, worm-like monsters sprouted out of the ground, rearing up and baring their teeth-covered ends.

Ethereal draws his silver blade from the Scourge, running forwards to land the first strike using his speed bonus. Argent points his beak forwards in preparation to drive towards the nearest monster.

Ethereal HP: 17/17

Argent HP: 15/15

Wyrm1 HP: 9/9

Wyrm2 HP: 9/9

Wyrm3 HP: 9/9

"Argent!" barks Ethereal "Let's make this fairer.". Argent flies into the air, eyes burning white, he pulses a wave of white light into the air and the ground spits out a pile of bones. The bones begin to knit together. In the meantime Ethereal charges at Wyrm1, bringing his sword in a diagonal stroke, aiming for its middle.

1-5 miss

6-8 hit

9-10 critical

(+1 Battle Dice)[4]

The wyrm arches over, the blade missing and its neck coming down. Ethereal uses <> to block the incoming teeth. The bones have knit together now and have formed a crude skeleton, holding a rusted scimitar. Argent is done summoning, flying overhead to attack when possible.

Skeleton HP: 4/4

The skeleton charges at Wyrm3, scimitar held in the air, teeth chattering. Argent swoops down, giving a caw of bloodlust, talons bared at Wyrm2. Ethereal spins to the right, bringing his blade up to the head of the wyrm.

1-5, 1-10, miss

6-8, 11-15, hit

9-10, 16-20, critical

(+1 Battle Dice)[4] [4] [4]

The skeleton is too slow and doesn't reach his target as the others strike. Argent has to pull up at the last second and go for another approach to avoid spearing himself on the teeth. Ethereal doesn't have enough power behind his stroke to break through the thin armor plating of the beast.

The skeleton reaches Wyrm1, swinging at it. Argent goes in for a low dive at the center of the worm, beak like a spear. Ethereal jumps into the air, spinning and bringing the blade in a horizontal motion at the head of the wyrm.

1-5, 1-10, miss

6-8, 11-15, hit

9-10, 16-20, critical

(+1 Battle Dice)[3] [11] [11]

Ethereal HP - 1

Wyrm2 HP - 1

Wyrm3 HP - 1

His maneuver was too elaborate and the wyrm easily strikes him in the chest, sending him flying backwards. Argent hits his wyrm, causing it to take some damage. The skeleton also lands its blow, causing 1 damage to Wyrm3, the wyrm is more annoyed than anything and rears back to strike it.

Ethereal HP: 16/17

Wyrm2 HP: 8/9

Wyrm3 HP: 8/9

The skeleton brings his blade up to ward off the enemy, its neck coming down. Argent goes for a second offensive, flying up and coming down like an arrow. Ethereal breakfalls as he his the ground, gets up and runs at his wyrm.

1-5, 1-6, 1-10, miss

6-8, 7-10, 11-15, hit

9-10, 11-12, 16-20, critical

(+1 Battle Dice)[8] [4] [1]

Wyrm1 HP - 1

Argent HP - 1

Skeleton HP - 2

Ethereal gives a wild slash, opening a wound in Wyrm1. Argent doesn't hit and is knocked out of the sky by Wyrm2. The skeleton is whacked head-on, spinning it through the air.

Argent HP: 14/15

Skeleton HP: 2/4

Wyrm1 HP: 8/9

"Argent! Are you alright?!" shouts Ethereal over the roar of the wyrms. "Fine, sire. Don't worry about me.". Argent and the Skeleton struggle to get up and Ethereal has to fend off the enemies while his two allies recover.

1-5, 1-6, 1-10, miss

6-8, 7-10, 11-15, hit

(+1 Battle Dice)[5] [X] [X]

Ethereal misses but once again uses <> to escape harm, twisting again to take another strike at the wyrm.

Wyrm1 HP: 8/9

The skeleton has recovered, running at Wyrm3 with a vengeance, swinging his sword round his head. Argent switches targets, flies up and goes to aid his master. Ethereal goes for a stab to Wyrm3's belly.

1-5, 1-6, 1-10, miss

6-8, 7-10, 11-15, hit

(+1 Battle Dice)[7] [12] [14]

Wyrm1 HP - 3

Wyrm3 HP - 1

Ethereal lands a solid hit while Argent strikes one side of the wyrm. His strike punches a hole in the demon and the raven glides through it. The skeleton also attacks Wyrm3, its blade hits with a satisfying 'thwack'.

Wyrm1 HP: 5/9

Wyrm3 HP: 1/9

Ethereal uses <> to tell Argent to go low while he goes high. He brings the sword towards the base of the Wyrm while the white bird arcs for its head. The skeleton keeps pounding Wyrm3 in a frenzy, swinging its sword every which way.

1-5, 1-6, 1-10, miss

6-8, 7-10, 11-15, hit

(+1 Battle Dice)[6] [2] [20]

Wyrm1 HP - 1

Wyrm3 HP - 2

The skeleton dispatches the third wyrm, moving to help its Masters to destroy the second. Ethereal rolls to avoid an attack by their wyrm and Argent has to curve from a near-blow.

LOOT

1-5 = 5 mats

6-10 = 7 mats

11-15 = 9 mats

16-20 = 13 mats

+ 13 mats

COL

(20*5) = 100 Col

Wyrm1 HP: 4/9

Wyrm3 HP: 0/9

With one Wyrm dispatched, the skeleton runs to assist those who brought it back from the abyss. Argent flies for the shoulder, Ethereal spins to deliver a striking blow to its base.

1-5, 1-6, 1-10, miss

6-8, 7-10, 11-15, hit

(+1 Battle Dice)[2] [2] [3]

Argent HP - 2

None of the hits land and the wyrm once again swipes the raven out of the sky like an annoying fly. Argent hits the ground with a resounding CRACK. He caws as one of his wings is broken, rendering him useless for the time being.

Angel was going for one of his usual afternoon rides with Lucifer, his Nightmare familiar, when he heard the sounds of fighting nearby. "What do you think that could be?" He asked the Nightmare. Lucifer looked towards the direction of the noise. "Master, I sense the presence of a player, 3 monsters, and a familiar. It appears that they are engaged in combat. Shall I move to intercept them?" The Nightmare asks as his blue flames seemed to grow fiercer. Angel nodded, not liking the odds. "Yeah, let's go." Angel commanded as he drew his sword, Boar Slasher. Lucifer reared and neighed at the same time before taking off towards the fight. When they jumped over the dune, Angel saw the scene unfold in front of him. A player by the name of Ethereal, accompanied by a white Raven, was fighting two Wyrms, while a skeleton was engaged in combat with one of the Wyrms as well. It wasn't the strangest thing Angel had seen by a long shot. "To Battle!" He shouts as he raised his sword in the air and Lucifer charged towards the monsters, whinnying and neighing angrily as he ran. "You putrid husks of filth! You don't deserve to walk on the land I roam!" He yelled angrily as he crashed into the nearest worm. Angel then jumped off and rolled to his feet near the player. "Hey, I'm Angel." He said in a quaint manner. "I figured you could use some help. I hope you don't mind." He said as he readied his blade.

"Course not. I'd love some help." he replies. "Name's Ethereal. The raven and skeleton mine before you tear them to shards." he quickly slashes at the nearest wyrm and his minions follow in suit.

Angel HP: 17/17

Lucifer HP: ?/?

Wyrm1 HP: 4/9

Wyrm3 HP: 0/9

1-5, 1-6, 1-10, miss

6-8, 7-10, 11-15, hit

(+1 Battle Dice)[3] [8] [2]

Wyrm1 HP - 1

Ethereal misses, distracted momentarily by Angel's appearance. The skeleton is too confused determining friend from foe to do anything. Argent is unfazed and hits home.

"I suggest you call your Raven back. This could get hot." Angel grinned as he got a demonic look in his eye. He smiled and looked at Lucifer. "Lucifer, Hell's Inferno!" He shouts and the Nightmare's blue flames shook and crackled with power. "With pleasure, Master." He said as his bright crimson eyes glowed bright and his charcoal like skin seemed to glow blue. Then he launched a massive gust of blue flames at the Wyrms, making sure that the Raven was out of the way first.

[AOE Attack: Loot Dice 1-5 misses, 6-17 hits, 18-19 Critical, 20 Critical + 1 fire damage per round]

Both of the Wyrms scream out in pain as the blast of fire hits them both engulfing them completely before dying down. "That'll show you vermin." Lucifer snorted in triumph.

Angel HP: 17/17

Lucifer HP: 23/23

Wyrm1 HP: 3/9

Wyrm2 HP: 7/9

Wyrm3 HP: DEAD

Angel smiled. "Believe it or not, I found him on this floor. I think he's a level 9 or 10. I'm just excited to see what happens when he gets more powerful." Angel says as the Wyrms attentions falls to the demon horse. Angel readied his sword. "Now if you'll excuse me, I think it's my turn." Angel charges a Vertical Arc attack. As the blade flashes blue, he rushes forward, ready to strike. Unfortunately, the worms are faster than he expected and one of them knocks him aside before he could raise his shield. He falls onto the sand not far away as the closest worm makes its way towards him.

Angel 16/17

Lucifer 23/23

Ethereal 16/17

Argent 14/15

Skeleton 2/4

Wyrm 1 3/9

Wyrm 2 7/9

Wyrm 3 DEAD

Angel 16/17

Lucifer 23/23

Ethereal 16/17

Argent 14/15

Skeleton 2/4

Wyrm 1 3/9

Wyrm 2 7/9

Wyrm 3 DEAD

Ethereal jumps in the way of the wyrm, his familiar and minion going for the other. He brings his sword in a diagonal arc, aiming to knock it away. "Yeah I'm wondering what Argent over there will summon when he gets more powerful." he shouts over his shoulder.

1-5, 1-6, 1-10, miss

6-8, 7-10, 11-15, hit

(+1 Battle Dice)[2] [6] [8]

Ethereal HP - 1

They all miss and Ethereal gets flung into the air. He lands with a CRASH next to Angel. "Switch?" he suggests. He activates his <> skill and regains his lost health.

Angel sighed as Ethereal landed next to him. "Sure, why not?" He said as he jumped up, sword and shield ready. He rushed at the Wyrms while Lucifer readied another blast. Because Angel was his master, he was impervious to Lucifer's flames. Angel rushed forward, Boar Slasher readied. From behind him, Lucifer let loose another blast of hellish blue flames. If Angel was coming towards you, it would look like he was running with Hell itself aiding him. He brought the blade down on the nearest monster.

[AOE 1-5 miss, 6-17 hit, 18-19 Critical, 20 Critical + 1 Damage per round]

Angel's blade and mastery of one handed Swordsmanship allowed him to make a definite hit against the nearest Wyrm. As the blade collides with the monster, it explodes into several hundred pixels. Angel slid against the loose ground for a few more feet before coming to a stop. One down, one to go.

Angel 16/17

Lucifer 23/23

Ethereal 16/17

Argent 14/15

Skeleton 2/4

Wyrm 1 DEAD {Lucifer's Fire and Boar Slasher's + 1 Damage = 3 damage}

Wyrm 2 6/9

Wyrm 3 DEAD

Angel 16/17

Lucifer 23/23

Ethereal 16/17

Argent 14/15

Skeleton 2/4

Wyrm 1 DEAD

Wyrm 2 6/9

Wyrm 3 DEAD

While Angel was attacking Ethereal had recovered and was going for the other wyrm. The white raven came in from behind his master. Ethereal jumped , bringing his sword straight down in an arc, Argent diving down above him. The skeleton comes from behind the wyrm, slashing wildly.

1-5, 1-6, 1-10, miss

6-8, 7-10, 11-15, hit

(+1 Battle Dice)[7] [7] [3]

Wyrm2 HP - 2

Ethereal's blade hits home, dealing damage. Argent's claws also land, almost ripping its head off. The rusted blade of the skeleton skitters off the lightly-plated hide of the wyrm.

Angel 16/17

Lucifer 23/23

Ethereal 16/17

Argent 14/15

Skeleton 2/4

Wyrm 1 DEAD

Wyrm 2 4/9

Wyrm 3 DEAD

Ethereal spins in midair, bringing the sword in a spiral towards the wyrm. The raven dives from the side and the skeleton goes from the other.

1-5, 1-6, 1-10, miss

6-8, 7-10, 11-15, hit

(+1 Battle Dice)[2] [12] [12]

Wyrm2 HP - 3

His move was too elaborate and he didn't have the aerobatics skill to pull it off. Argent deals a hard hit, knocking the wyrm to one side. The skeleton also lands and knocks the wyrm back, dazing it.