[SP-02] Steady Awakening «Let There Be Light»

The distance closes and Raidou pivots clipping the creature minorly as it scratches his wrist in the exchange of blood.

"Stubborn, I'll give you that but it ends here, Tia will be returning home today."

Slamming the point of the sword into the earth, releasing his grip for a moment to flick the blood lubricating his hand from his palm.

Wiping his hand on his pant leg and then reclaiming the blades handle with a solidified grasp he points the blade toward his target.

The creature screeches planning to assault him again, with a rapid flapping of leathered wings as it tears across the warzone at blinding speeds.

"Even if it takes me forever, you'll find I'm very persistent." a soft solemn decree reverberated off the cavern walls as they move in for the kill once again.

A quick turn with a dragging shower and sliding toes, a right rotational with another assisted circular blow.

[Raidou Attacks: #135020 BD:5-1=4 Missed!]

[Bat 2 Attacks: #135022 MD:2-3=-1 Missed Raidou!]

Raidou: HP: 520/520, EN: 30/52, Damage: 4, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy [En 1 Gained][En 3 Used]

Bat 1: HP -7/50, Damage: 20 [Dead]

Bat 2: HP 50/50, Damage: 20

Edited by Raidou
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The beast screeched and wrapped itself below and around the swing as if it was truly enraged at the loss of its brother. Sliding underneath the arching blow of greyish light and taking a few bleeding pinholes in Raidou's left leg just above the knee.

Dropping to one leg Raidou is caught of guard for a moment, before standing and returning to a stalwart stance.

"I see, hit and run tactics that's what the A.I. has come up with."

Raidou played the last few swings back in his head, trying to sense a pattern between the movements.

Straight down the center

Waits for my attack

Then jumps and bites below or above not where the original line was drawn.

It doesn't attack head-on, it always redirects its strike off-center

"Let's see if I can't see where you're going this time." Raidou remarks preparing the gambit with a glowing edge in his grasp.

[Raidou Attacks: #135025 BD:1-1=0 Missed!]

[Bat 2 Attacks: #135026 MD:3-3=0 Missed an attack against Raidou!]

Raidou: HP: 520/520, EN: 28/52, Damage: 4, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy [En 1 Gained][En 3 Used]

Edited by Raidou

Waiting for the creature to move to him, watching its movement carefully trying to see the patterns.

Raidou steps to the side as its skitters and shifts attempting to bite him.

Taking a downward cleave that's a bit too delayed to connect but it was close.

Needs to be more forward from the initial position leading the blow, wait for it to slide into the attack pattern then strike.

The mental list beginning to take root as Raidou lists off the traits of each attack using them to step aside as the creature goes in for the kill.

In

Up

Around

and Strike

Again with each word, it echoes in pattern with the bat as it tries to sink its fangs in him to no prevail. Like a cadence, a waltz with set steps the pattern becomes clear but can Raidou exploit it?

Flipping back to offense and drawing his blade to silver.

[Raidou Attacks: #135029 BD:4-1=3 Missed! with Snake Bite]

[Bat 2 Attacks: #135030 MD:4-3=1 Missed! An attack against Raidou!]

Raidou: HP: 520/520, EN: 26/52, Damage: 4, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy [En 1 Gained][En 3 Used]

Edited by Raidou

Raidou starts to learn the dance, but his feet and mind just are not quite used to the speed of how fast it's moving. A swing turns to two, Raidou and the creature square off as the swordsman pivots and slides out of an attack just to miss a swipe of his own.

"I need to react further in the chain, its a matter of swinging where it is going to be not where it is."

A few more attempts but no swing lands for either side as Raidou reads its movements enough to block the attack but by the time his weapon is prepared to strike the creature is out of range or he simply misses due to a misread.

A Roaring frustration is quarreled, Raidou's will starts to calm his nerves as he tries his damned to focus and find that point, that opening that he is isn't seeing.

[Raidou Attacks: #135031 BD:5-1=4 Missed! with Snake Bite]

[Bat 2 Attacks: #135032 MD:6-3=3 Missed! An attack against Raidou!]

Raidou: HP: 520/520, EN: 24/52, Damage: 4, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy [En 1 Gained][En 3 Used]

Edited by Raidou

Continuing the dance around it as it attempts to attack and Raidou attempts a rebuttal the swings seem to inch closer and closer to the point of connecting with it.

I'll hit you

Another round to the right, an arching swing about 3 inches off as it flashes past

Just a little more

A shift to the left with a turning cleave of silver 2 inches within range

I've almost got it

A full step forward and back as it slides by with an upheaval coming an inch short.

The task was daunting to be sure, trying to understand an evolving A.I., but Raidou if nothing else was patient.

Each step, each attack, and block Raidou was studying the specimen. It's movement, the attacks it made and the path it took to him each time.

He was learning, slowly cataloging each step and pattern made by the A.I. in attempts to predict its movements.

[Raidou Attacks: #135033 BD:6-1=5 Missed! with Snake Bite]

[Bat 2 Attacks: #135034 BD:10-0=10 Major Critical! An attack against Raidou dealing 1 damage!]

Raidou: HP: 519/520, EN: 22/52, Damage: 4, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy [En 1 Gained][En 3 Used]

Edited by Raidou

A quick shift, a glowing waltz that fails to connect once more in the low light of the damp cavern. 

Neither combatant can connect, Raidou trying to make up for his lack of vision and the beast struggling to keep up with his movement and to break through his insistent blocking.

A lunge with clashing steel and fangs.

Sparks fly with a resounding *clang*

A subtle flip and slash to bring the blade back up as the creature connects and retracts.

"I will not falter, you'll find I will stand for as long as it takes."

A spoken soft decree to a creature who fails to understand, but the sentiment for was for him, not the bat he faced down in this darkened crypt in the defense of the small child he found alive and aimed to keep her that way.

A shift of stance, glowing grey with the sounds of steps dragging him closer...

[Raidou Attacks: #135036 BD:3-1=2 Missed! with Snake Bite]

[Bat 2 Attacks: #135037 MD:7-3=4 Missed! An attack against Raidou!]

Raidou: HP: 519/520, EN: 20/52, Damage: 4, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy [En 1 Gained][En 3 Used]

Edited by Raidou

Another clash of steel echos outward, resolve to hold fast between both of the bodies aiming to end the other.

They slide apart with quick feral strikes from the bat before it retracts sizing up Raidou again with beady red eyes illuminated in the shadows

A quick flip of his grip and a soft rebuke with a subtle stroke with a failure to follow up cleaving slash.

I keep almost connecting but falling short on the prediction of movement

Another block with the flat of his steel extension and swing in an answer that doesn't land true.

The A.I. seems to be adapting, I need to pressure it into fowling a withdrawal

Following another immediate parry bouncing the bat off, and returning ark of grey in a circular slash that doesn't connect.

But how? what am I missing here?

A quick flip of the sword in his grasp, letting air rush in for a moment to prevent a build-up of sweat to weaken his grip.

[Raidou Attacks: #135219 BD:1-1=0 Missed! with Snake Bite]

[Bat 2 Attacks: #135219 MD:4-3=1 Missed! An attack against Raidou!]

Raidou: HP: 519/520, EN: 18/52, Damage: 4, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy [En 1 Gained][En 3 Used]

Edited by Raidou

A quick jaunt to the left, a shift and slide with gleaming grey that Raidou swings with an upward curving ark then flipping his hand and tearing it downward.

The gambit works and connects on the bat, who dodges the first ark as the second tears deep causing a luminescent red gash to appear on its left-wing slowing it down ever so slightly.

Skittering off a bit limped before it shrugs off the damage and winds up for another attempt on the red wanderer's life.

A dodge to the right, moving his body on anchored foot and another quick slash sideways that lands.

Good, I believe I may be finding the timing...

Another pivot and cleave that leaves another small gash.

Like a lethal waltz, Raidou exploits openings with small lacerations with each turn of his body, shifting sands as a *Shiik* of his foot is dragged without being raised.

[Raidou Attacks: #135220 BD:8-1=7 Hit! with Snake Bite dealing {4*3=12} 12 Damage to Bat 2!]

[Bat 2 Attacks: # 135220 MD:5-3=2 Missed! An attack against Raidou!]

Raidou: HP: 519/520, EN: 16/52, Damage: 4, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy [En 1 Gained][En 3 Used]

Bat 2: HP 38/50, Damage: 20

Edited by Raidou

Another and another, each small step and pivot complimented with an arc of silver and a subtle screech that echos off the walls in the cavern.

Just need to keep this up...

The bat takes slash after slash, leaving a myriad of red lines across its frame at each failed dive.

Fluttering in place for but a moment, the A.I. seems to take pause.

What are you planning, have you taken into account the exploit, how well do you learn?

A resonant screech breaks the pause, as it starts to shout at Raidou from a distance.

Raising his blade in instinct more than anything else it seems the sound produces a physical force as Raidou feels the connection on the flat of his blade with sparks.

The hell?

Raidou is taken back by the tactic change, the cardinal system had learned the exploit in its patterns and has opted for a complete change in the kit.

[Raidou Attacks: #135221 BD:8-1=7 Hit! with Snake Bite dealing {4*3=12} 12 Damage to Bat 2!]

[Bat 2 Attacks: #135221 MD:7-3=4 Missed! An attack against Raidou!]

Raidou: HP: 519/520, EN: 14/52, Damage: 4, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy [En 1 Gained][En 3 Used]

Bat 2: HP 26/50, Damage: 20

Edited by Raidou

The screeches continue to blast the surrounding cave, Raidou sliding and blocking them in tandem.

Moving in a ring around the focal point, dodging and parrying the best he could trying to come up with something. Some way to bridge the radius of the circle he was fighting outside of and finish it off.

Shifting down underneath a wave of energy, then back to his feet from the slide he sees the child in his path.

"Tia move!"

The blast of sound screams toward the small girl, Raidou moves to kick the flat of his blade with his right foot while grinding to a halt. Grabbing the point of the blade in with his left hand and shoving backward while dragging the handle hard redirects the wave in an aggressive crash to the ceiling as hunks of the softball-sized stone fall free from the impact.

"Are you all right, Tia?"

[Raidou Attacks: #135222 BD:1-1=0 Missed! An attack against Bat 2!]

[Bat 2 Attacks: #135222 MD:6-3=3 Missed! An attack against Raidou!]

Raidou: HP: 519/520, EN: 12/52, Damage: 4, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy [En 1 Gained][En 3 Used]

Edited by Raidou

"Yeah, thanks mister..." a small voice from the NPC child, which in this light was no different than a real one to him. A rewarding feeling of relief washing over him as the child seems alright, a small hand clasping his robe hoping to keep him near.

"I still have to finish this, then I will see you to your mother."

With a nod and a release Raidou's attentions again fully focus ahead of him, quickly telling the girl

"Get behind that stone there, can you do that for me?"

Another shake of the head as she slides behind with her hair being the last Raidou sees as she takes shelter behind it.

Sprinting around, a few pressing blasts kicking dirt into the air as Raidou slides jumps and clears each one.

Dropping his blade to the ground like an anchor slowing him down when convenient to help him stop on a dime when the bat aims ahead of him.

[Raidou Attacks: #135223 BD:1-1=0 Missed! An attack against Bat 2!]

[Bat 2 Attacks: #135223 MD:7-3=4 Missed! An attack against Raidou!]

Raidou: HP: 519/520, EN: 10/52, Damage: 4, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy [En 1 Gained][En 3 Used]

Edited by Raidou

Sprinting into slides, a quick swing to redirect attacks as they close in.

"It's like a turret, firing down at me from a nest." A keen observation, in the fires of conflict still remaining ever analyzing.

*SCREE*

*SCREE*

The sound seems to warble and refract like a whistle with each burst.

Raidou moves and manages to slide inward taking a quick swing, the beast ascending up with a rapid beat of wings downward before it shouts down toward the ground. Raidou shoves his left hand downward and pushes back as hard as he can.

This causes him to slide back just out of range as the sound wave punches a hole where he stood in a cloud of tossed soot.

Beneath the cloud of kicked up dirt, Raidou can hear the flapping of wings through the smog and darkness.

"I can't see, maybe I can return the favor!"

A quick bash down toward the ground, Raidou kicks up more sand.

[Raidou Attacks: #135224 BD:1-1=0 Missed! An attack against Bat 2!]

[Bat 2 Attacks: #135224 MD:3-3=0 Missed! An attack against Raidou!]

Raidou: HP: 519/520, EN: 8/52, Damage: 4, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy [En 1 Gained][En 3 Used]

Edited by Raidou

Continuing his gambit, assaulting the ground with his blade to kick up more soot and level the playing field.

The bat starts to patrol through the rising sands, its silhouette barely visible through the muck in the air.

It presses close, Raidou having the feeling it may discover him takes a quick jaunt forward which alerts it to his presence.

A roar of force punches through the smog before it reclaims the area, kicking more filth into the air of the cave.

Just a bit more, I can use this and use it to get close.

I need to get it to attack, then hit it like before

Draw its attack, force it to do so

Then exploit it while It cannot move.

A run, as the creature keeps taking unaimed bursts through the smoke hoping to make contact to no avail as Raidou uses the cover well to move.

[Raidou Attacks: #135225 BD:3-1=2 Missed! An attack against Bat 2!]

[Bat 2 Attacks: #135225 MD:7-3=4 Missed! An attack against Raidou!]

Raidou: HP: 519/520, EN: 6/52, Damage: 4, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy [En 1 Gained][En 3 Used]

Edited by Raidou

Sliding through the dust in a quick shift through the sand, Raidou shouts on purpose.

"Hit me if you can!"

The bat obliges the taunt, firing a blast through the soot and cutting it away before its reclaimed.

"Here!"

Again the blast tears through the smoke.

Raidou grabs a small stone and tosses it while charging his blade.

The gambit works as the creature fires where the stone connects with the cave wall.

Checkmate...

Raidou moves in behind slamming against the beast hard with a shower of sparks illuminating the thick cloud around him as the Black star drags up and connects with a quick spin to build speed.

*Crack*

Solid and fast like thunder in a bottle it rings back and down to the caves opening. Bouncing a time or two before stopping dead and attempting to peel itself from the earth its winded and cannot do so despite the effort.

[Raidou Attacks: #135226 BD:10-1=10 Hit! with Snake Bite dealing {6*3=18} 18 Damage to Bat 2, Stunning it for 1 round and healing Raidou for 52 Health!

[Bat 2 is Stunned!]

Raidou: HP: 520/520, EN: 4/52, Damage: 4, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy [En 1 Gained][En 3 Used]

Bat 2: HP 8/50, Damage: 20 [Stunned]

Edited by Raidou

The bat struggles but finally regains its composure and begins to fly again, a quick flap of its wings down with a leap off the cave floor to get airborne.

Raidou slides back into the fog as it fires off missing him entirely.

Distance, use the screen and level the field.

Another blast from the bat, its A.I. struggling to find footing and decipher a course of action.

Raidou pops free from the smog, the bat reacts and drops to the floor Raidou cleaving right to leftover it's head as it blasts upward.

Pulling the sword in front of him and blocking the attack, Raidou slides back into cover and shifts around as a follow-up blast narrowly misses and tears into the back wall.

Just need a few more

Raidou looks at the targets HP as it highlights a subtle yellow signifying its HP is quite low and a few more should finish this.

[Raidou Attacks: # 135227 BD:3-1=2 Hit! Missed! An attack against Bat 2!]

[Bat 2 Attacks: # 135227 MD:2-3=-1 Missed! An attack against Raidou!]

Raidou: HP: 520/520, EN: 2/52, Damage: 4, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy [En 1 Gained][En 3 Used]

Bat 2: HP 8/50, Damage: 20

Edited by Raidou

Turning the blade in his hands and forcefully increasing the density of the smog around them determined to keep both parties from seeing clearly, Raidou sweeps the blade with art and kicks whatever sediment he can from the floor below up into the air.

"That's the last of my energy, now I'll be limited to standard blows but this won't be over until it is in the ground or I am, through blood I'll see this to completion."

The bat hears him through the fog and fires off like a gunship, but Raidou drops to the ground as his legs slide out as if he was doing limbo before he slides back up and starts to move.

It's relying on the sounds I make again, the pressure is working.

Raidou takes to quick steps to maintain his hard to hit status, the hostile taking unguided missile shots through the smokescreen in fury and desperation.

[Raidou Attacks: # 135228 BD:6-1=5 Missed! An attack against Bat 2!]

[Bat 2 Attacks: # 135228 MD:8-3=5 Missed! An attack against Raidou!]

Raidou: HP: 520/520, EN: 0/52, Damage: 4, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy [En 1 Gained][En 3 Used]

Edited by Raidou

Continued obscurity, Raidou continues to circle the prey and look for an opening through the screen of soot. The enemy continues to beat down on the cavern in bursts of sound trying to keep the swordsman at bay. The stalemate seems unending as Raidou breaks from the fog and takes a swing, the bat dodges down or around to avoid it and takes a blast at the cavern floor, as Raidou either parries it or slides out of the way in the nick of time.

The baiting is set, it's getting more and more sporadic in its shots.

Raidou keeps poking and prodding keeping the bat on its toes, more and more agitated and quicker to attack with each attempt.

The screen starts to fade down but Raidou is on it, taking a second to draw it back to full thickness with a few arching lit swings to draw the dirt back up.

[Raidou Attacks: # 135229 BD:3-1=2 Missed! An attack against Bat 2!]

[Bat 2 Attacks: # 135229 MD:7-3=4 Missed! An attack against Raidou!]

Raidou: HP: 520/520, EN: 0/52, Damage: 4, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy [En 1 Gained][En 1 Used]

Edited by Raidou

Taking a gambit and tossing the stone as before, the creature catches a glimpse of the swordsman in the fog, blasting him hard with a sonic pressure.

A mild tick through his armor as Raidou pulls his blade up and his plates manage to stave off most of the incoming blow.

Raidou looks to his hp bar, still a rich green hue with only a small sliver missing from max capacity.

I'm definitely safe from harm, I'll prove you proud Nikki when my technique is broad enough to defend others as well.

Looking toward the child's hiding point, then back forward.

But I'll take this one life at a time, hers first then the others...

Pushing back toward the buffeting wave of energy it breaks and disperses as a silver glow begins on his weapon as he lifts another stone and fades back into cover, keeping the methods that work close to his chest.

[Raidou Attacks: # 135230 BD:4-1=3 Missed! An attack against Bat 2!]

[Bat 2 Attacks: # 135230 MD:9-0=9 Minor Critical An attack against Raidou dealing 1 damage!]

Raidou: HP: 518/520, EN: 0/52, Damage: 4, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy [En 1 Gained][En 1 Used]

Edited by Raidou

Cleaving around to build up the sandstorm and keeping his enemies vision on par with his own.

A level playing field, this is my domain like pieces on a chessboard I've just got to make the correct moves

The method of not attacking your enemies directly might have been unorthodox but maybe that was exactly what was needed here, as the normal chain of fighting wasn't yielding optimal results.

The cloud thickened back to full obscurity Raidou began to pace around in the fog, making sure not to create too much sound. The bat fires and misfires the attack blasting way off from where his target lies.

This reassured Raidou that it was unable to catch a full view of him and began to slide within range of an attack without compromising his advantage, his footfalls soft and meticulous as they steadily moved closer and closer closing the gap between them.

[Raidou Attacks: #135231 BD:6-1=5 Missed! An attack against Bat 2!]

[Bat 2 Attacks: #135231 MD:4-3=1 Missed An attack against Raidou!]

Raidou: HP: 519/520, EN: 0/52, Damage: 4, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy [En 1 Gained][En 1 Used]

Edited by Raidou

The smoke concealing him with a glow hidden within Raidou breaks out and slams into the creature and falls back into the fog.

The creature screeches and fires where Raidou fell into the kicked up dust, as he turns and continues to break through the covered ring

One more like that and this should be over..

Raidou thinks softly keeping his sound to a minimum while he inspects the targets remaining health bar, taking note of its dark red color remaining in a meer fraction of it left.

Sliding around to its flank, flipping his grip to let the air to glance his sweating palms with a bit of grit from the flying sand it glows for the last time as he takes his final steps toward the beast with caution drawing a glowing trail of silver through the smoke.

"This is the end for you, and the beginning for me." a subtle whisper in a darkened cave.

[Raidou Attacks: #135232  BD:7-1=6 Hit! An attack against Bat 2 dealing 4 Damage!]

[Bat 2 Attacks: #135232  MD:4-3=1 Missed An attack against Raidou!]

Raidou: HP: 519/520, EN: 0/52, Damage: 4, Mitigation: 27, Evasion: 3, V.O. 1 (9-10), Para 1 (9-10), -1 Accuracy [En 1 Gained][En 1 Used]

Bat 2: HP 4/50, Damage: 20

Edited by Raidou