[F02 - PP] Epic Cycle vol.2: Deadly Cuteness <<DHA: 2>>

It didn't take long for the group of four to reach the second floor, as they passed through the town of Urbus and marched towards the large fortress in Marome Village. This time, the position of the next dragon wasn't that easily revealed as this time, the adventurers were facing a giant red circle on their map that covered a small part of Marome Village, the fields and forests near it. So with that conundrum in mind Ariel asks: "So... how do we find it? do we just spend days walking around hoping to see something?" she muttered a bit annoyed.

Most of the quest she did until now we're pretty straightforward. Go here, kill this, collect this, go there, kill that, recoverer this, talk to that NPC and so on but now, she was staring at the largest target area since she got trapped in this game with little info on what to do next except tree hugging the whole area. "Maybe we missed something back at floor 1..." she added, turning back at Claudia that once again reassured her that they thoroughly searched the place before leaving for this floor. The blonde sighed and reach out to pick a red apple from the nearby tree.

Stats:

Spoiler

[Battle Stats]:

• 1,450 HP (71 x20 +30[athletics])
  • 140 Energy (71 x2)
  • 88 Mitigation (25 +63[armor])
  • +2 Accuracy (1[precision] +1[weapon])
  • +1 Evasion (1[Sprint & Acrobatics])
  • 19 Base Damage (1[base] +7[weapon skill] +1[athletics] +9[familiar] +1[ferocity])
  • +8 Fallen Damage (Successful attack rolls of 6-8 (before modifiers) gain (2 per slot * Tier) fallen damage to your total base damage.)
  • +24 HP Holy Blessing (After taking damage, heal [8 per slot * Tier] HP at the beginning of your next turn. Damage over time effects (Bleed, Poison) will not trigger Holy Blessing. Can only trigger once per round.)
  • +11 LD (5 +3[item] +3[consumable]; +3 LD more when searching for sub-dungeons and labyrinths. Labyrinth search cooldown: 3 posts)
  • Life Mending (Increases the user’s healing done to other targets through skills and use of consumable items by 10% of the initial heal (rounded down) per slot.)

[Equipment]:
» ≪Darkened Blade#134786≫

Spoiler

T2: Fallen | Fallen | Accuracy
  A 3 meter long (~10 feet) spear that is entirely died in obsidian black. Below the spearhead, a banner hangs freely. Its background is colored in a dark blue with a white lion's head wearing a crown, in the middle. 

» ≪Leonidas' Strength#134785≫ 

Spoiler

T3: Life Mending | Holy Blessing | Damage Mitigation+ | Damage Mitigation+
 A blood red cape with a black inverted V design in the middle of the back, if worn as light armor; one of the trademark items worn by the Spartans that fought until the last man.

» Guardian Cloak#65787 

Spoiler

+3 LD

A gray cloak with silver trims, on its backside lay four guild icons all crossed with a blood red X. (pic.)

[Buffs]:

• Codex Shake#86847≫ : +3 LD

[Battle Ready]:
» Basic Teleport [Crystal]
» [1] ≪Golden Key≫
» 
» Holy Sovereign Orb of Antioch#54988

Spoiler

+4 Prosperity, Bloodclot 
A golden orb around held by a chain to be worn, said to have protected heroes from the rabbit. An inscription on it says 'Count to Three, no less'

» ≪Firm Resolve# 134713-5≫

Spoiler

T3: Recovery | Recovery | Accuracy
A pair of crimson red earrings that slightly glow when the recovery enchantment procs.

[Skills]:
eebcbed5ad73ef4b6d12f370169547df.png

Quest Details:
Extra Challenge: To spawn the Dragon, players need to achieve a cumulative roll of 100+ LD and find 5x T1 Materials individually.

Spoiler

cc4f36975a0ef109a75cbacff6c34605.png

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

"I wouldn't take this with so much haste Ariel, I'm confident if we missed anything this ring..." Raidou remarked scaling his HUD's map up to focus, zooming it in to get a scope of exactly the diameter of the rounded circle before continuing "Wouldn't be present, what do you think Dracul?" hoping that his mindset was inline with the platinum knight's thought path as well.

Raidou began to scout about and wait for a decision to be made by the two he was traveling along with, taking to a small patch his gathering skill marks with a ping.

#134895 CD:6, LD:11+5

[Gathering Activated!] +2 Bonus Materials

3*T1 Materials Obtained

Tearing a few free from the lush greenish pasture underfoot Raidou notices a strange increase in maturity in the plants

Strange... Normally there isn't this many ripe for picking...

Collecting himself from the surface with a few pats on his knees to knock the dirt free and peering around the location for but a moment to gauge the party's surroundings.

Brightly lit sky a burning ball of yellow overhead breaking through an ever-expansive azure sky with no cloud coverage, it's early. Earlier then Raidou was ever out working patches the way he does.

Who knew I'd be out here on a quest a few days ago, but a wise man once said it's crazy to do the same thing and expect different results...

Thought with a subtle wipe to remove exhaustion from his brow

Spoiler

Raidou, The Red Wanderer:

HP: 500

Damage: 2

Taunt: +1 Hatred (Howl [Focused+2]/Attacks)

Paralyze (9-10, Stunned 1 Round)

Vampiric Offensive: (9-10) +10% HP Recovery

Evasion: +3

Mitigation: 27

Parry (2 Turn CD, Half Final Incoming Damage)

@Ariel - The Crowned Lion@Dracul

LD: Counter 16/100

Edited by Raidou

I too was initially worried that we might have missed a hint that would help us with our current task but as  Raidou pointed out, Cardinal wouldn't be so cruel to sent us to the next area before having completed all the requirements for the former. "I agree, we couldn't have be able to advance without finishing the first part." I took a look at Raidou's map then I point out and continue: "Let's proceed as planned, before randomly searching around this area, let's go to these settlements and see if we can find hints."

"I'm sorry master, I couldn't find anything about this location. If we had more time to prepare I'm sure I..." I raise a hand to stop her: "No need, let's proceed as planned and see if the NPCs have some sort of legend similar with the one you found about Typhon. That's what helped us pinpoint the cave entrance after all." I add with a smile as I rest my arm on her shoulder and give it a slight squeeze. The maid simply bow and continues looking around the place, noticing Raidou went to gather some materials. She thought she could do the same.

ID# 134904  LD: 11+3 No Material

LD Counter: 30/100

Stats:

Spoiler

✠ Level: 10  ❤ Health: 200  ✽ Energy: 20  ◈ Taunt   ❋ Recovery: +2✽ / CD 6+
 Damage: 7  ♜ Mitigation: 27  ☣ Thorns: 18   +3 LD

✿ Equipped Items:

Spoiler

≪Blue Rose#58993≫
T1: Damage | Damage | Damage
An elegant two handed straight sword with a bluish blade and a rose placed on top to the side of the hilt. (pic.)

≪Azure Chevalier Armor#58994≫
T1: Mitigation | Thorns | Thorns
An elegant bluish heavy armor set with rose motif and a cape. (pic.)

≪Feline Helper#13453≫
T1: Loot Die | Loot Die | Loot Die
Custom made plushie in the form of a white lioness. A small crown logo marking its origin at 'The Lion's Den'.

☑ Battle ready:

Spoiler

≪Rose Shirt#32879≫
T1: Mitigation | Mitigation
A simple light armor item that has the form of a white shirt, its accompanied by a red tie with a blue rose near the end. In front of the left breast pocket it has a crowned logo imprint.

≪Memory Fragment#134713-1≫
T1: Recovery | Recovery | Taunt
A thin bracelet with a blue crystal as its centerpiece. It lightly glows when any of its enchantments proc.

✚ Buffs:

•  

Edited by Dracul

The party slowly but surely finds its way towards the small farming hamlet with long rolling fields of crops just outside the Marome fortress itself. Even as she spotted the first houses the blonde noticed a subtle change in the settlement's mood. This didn't feel like the usual happy going typical RPG village she had seen many times before, only black ashes remained of some of the outer crops. The NPCs seemed to avoid going outside and were always in a rush, their eyes mostly on the blue horizon. She'd overlook a faint plume of smoke, visible in her peripheral vision, as someone approached them. It was an elderly looking NPC with a impressive snow white beard that would put even vikings to shame. Leaning on his cane, he hailed the party as he came to a stop and started stroking his majestic beard, concern mixed with urgency visible in his tone:

"Adventurers, you should hurry on inside the fortress. I'm afraid it's not safe to hang about this place, we're all in grave danger." The blonde couldn't help herself to softly whisper: "Bingo!" as she listened to him.

Raidou follows in tow with the rest, a subtle nod to Dracul in agreement with his finding's co-aligned with his own. "Here..." Raidou softly states handing Claudia one of the herbs he had picked out of kindness "I have plenty you take this one, and please you and Dracul look at it carefully for me and tell me what you think?" as he dropped one of them in her grasp.

Raidou gives 1*T1 Material to Dracul

Moving along just behind Ariel, Raidou takes mental notes starting a comprised list of the happenings:

1. Plants oddly mature
  2. People seem distraught

The city seemed charged with people running amuck in haste due to some unseen force as they scattered into surrounding buildings, with slamming doors echoing in the distance as well as nearby.

Listening intently from a bit of distance hoping to pick it up without having to be in the middle of it, Raidou leans up against one of the surrounding homes from within the walls in earshot of Ariel while awaiting Dracul's analysis of what he managed to dig up in the fields surrounding this town which he found peculiar, to say the least.

@Ariel - The Crowned Lion@Dracul

Edited by Raidou
  • 3 months later...

Claudia takes the item she's been given with a small nod of appreciation. Through furrowed brows, she then adjusts her glasses and closely inspects the herbs. After a solid few seconds she lets out a somehow exasperated sigh as she fails to see something wrong. She then turns towards me and shakes her head as she hands me the material. "What do we have here." I mutter, more to myself than to request an explanation from my assistant.

"This guy bloomed ahead of its time" I remark with little glee before the old man NPC gets in contact with us. As I listened to his warning, an uncharacteristic question welled up inside me: "What can we do to help?" this earned me a small snort coming from the blonde lioness who most likely tried to suppress a laugh on my expense. I return a sharp gaze before turning my attention to the old man that gained a golden question mark above its head. His well groomed beard started moving in waves as he told his tale reminding me a certain elder from my own past. I a sample of a white flower near the road, for such a plain looking plant it had a strong fragrance.

ID# 150607  LD: 14+3 [1] T1 Material Found! 

Edited by Dracul

"Oh you're adventurers? Could've fooled me he he, they don't make 'em like they used to that's for sure... you should've seen me in my prime years..." he started, already earning himself a raised eyebrow from Ariel who could've swear he eyed her before indirectly mocking them. However, instead of a lashing out and giving him e earful, she simply let out a displeased "tsk" with her tongue as she listened.
"There is serpent-like beast that terrorizes the village, burning our carefully cultivated crops and homes. Fire spews from each of its mouths, raining chaos whenever it comes for our harvests. Once prosperous and well known, even more so than this fortress maybe" she points his cane towards Marome Village, "we had the finest grains and wine around these part." A frown takes over his features as the old man rests his hands on his cane and eyes the ground: "Now most of our youth have left the village and we barely manage to grow anything for ourselves before it goes ablaze." he starts grooming his beard with practiced dexterity and after a few moments of thinking looks at the group.
"
Do you think you can handle suck a task, adventurers? Clear our village of the winged plague and while we don't have much left, we'll be sure to repay you as we can."

"Can we?" asks the blonde with a smirk while tilting her head towards the rest of the members of the group.

Raidou doesn't pay too much mind to Ariel or the NPC as the droll that was burning from the man did not interest him. It was to his experience that the information provided was mostly lacking the finer details and these where Raidou's focus was on. Any worth gaining insight could be gleaned by Dracul, Raidou was sure and a divide and conqueror mentality tend to suit this sort of vague obscurity when it came to deducing the suspect. A quick shift around the perimeter of the city, as the rest of the party, should have no issue tracking him down given the cursors on the minimap. Another section of components to which Raidou scans over with a glide of his hand, adjusting his glasses to his nose as a golden glimmer activates in tandem with gatherer proc'ing. It became immediately clear the maturity was much less defined as the ones on the south side from which they had entered. Which meant the growth acceleration was centered around something.

ID# 150587 results: Craft: 4, Loot: 19+5=24

[Gathering Activated!] +1 Bonus Materials

2*T1 Materials Obtained

LD Counter: 54/100

Edited by Raidou

I keep look around the place but try to keep an ear on what the old man was saying, so far it was all the standard fantasy themed quest giver speech I've heard a few times until now. Noticing Raidou didn't seem particularly interested in it either I leave it in hands of the blonde who seemed to gobble this stuff up, well I can understand the appeal of it at least so I'm not judging her... too much. Even if the blonde weren't paying attention, Claudia, as always, discretely took note of the info we were being dumped on us by the NPC.

"Can we?" this simple question in a different pitch signaled the ending of the evergoing droning of the elder. Not sure and not really caring what she asked. I figured a simple "Yeah" would suffice as a reply. Seeing Claudia also nod seemed enough for the blonde to continue:
"Don't worry jiji we'll take care of this beast for you! Just wait for us inside with the reward when we bring back its head... heads?" the blonde tilted her own head slightly already unsure if the elder mentioned if the beasts had more heads than one or not. With a small nod once again, the ever meticulous, Claudia cleared her doubts when the uncertain Ariel looked in her direction.

TL Note. "jiji" (jap.) - "Old Man"/ "Geezer"

Edited by Dracul

The NPC seemed to be unfazed by her indirect remark to his age and nodded, as the blonde turned her back he would watch them and raise his eyebrow suspiciously when they were mere silhouettes in the fields. "So.. we found our dragon?" the blonde asked the group and Claudia was quick to correct reply: "We gained information about it, yes. The elder mentioned a  'serpent-like beast' 'spewing fire from... its mouths' also its doing this repeatedly which I don't know if its a dragon's usual behavior since.. dragons don't exist we have no facts about them IRL so I can't offer solid information more than.. legends and such." Claudia stopped not bothering to mention that they are believed to be highly intelligent beings, seeing how she already lost Ariel halfway through her explication. The other two seemed to be doing their own thing as well.

The diligent maid cleared her throat to get their attention and continued: "First I suggest we check around the village, specifically the fields since agriculture was the main focus of this village while the dragon's was crippling it. We can find some hints to its whereabouts, something that might lead us to it." The blonde let out a soft "Oh, you're right!" while Dracul replied with only a impassive "Very well." as he put his hand on a nearby tree and felt it around the trunk, plucking a small low branch from it.

ID# 150594  LD: 19+11 [1] T1 Material Found!

LD Counter: 84/100

Raidou returned having gathered more than just the plants, as with them in his hands a fact now confirmed. The nutrient count was drastically variable, the root structures showed that there was something causing an increased rate of growth around the south side. Finding his way back to the rest of the group, Raidou adjusts his frames to the bridge of his nose. "It's around here, the pattern shows an inconsistency." Taking a trick from the maid from the prior quest, Raidou opens his HUD and begins to tap custom markers around on the map to explain. "This is my understanding." as he starts to triangulate the sections he had hit, along the cities walls. Drawing a ringed blue line along with the map, broadcasting a rather thorough comb in sections of red and blue where the change was and was not present. "Whatever it is, it's within this region." as he passed the data to the three, expecting Claudia and Dracul to understand it immediately.

ID# 150600 results: Craft: 2, Loot: 11+5=16

[Gathering Activated!] +1 Bonus Materials

2*T1 Materials Obtained

LD Counter: 100/100 {Complete}

Edited by Raidou

It felt weird, although the branch was relatively low enough for me to pick it with minimal effort. It put up a lot a fight until it snapped after several attempts of bending and pulling. It felt young and elastic, the leaves were glistering green. I take a few steps and peer at the very top of the tree, where the most healthiest of wood and leaves would be and there was little difference from what I had in hand. For a second, the thought of chopping the tree and checking its inner rings for aging, crossed my mind but I remembered that it was virtual... "but even so..." I saw other trees and they did a extremely well job to simulate nature... but this... these trees seemed like they were young... recent? "it's like they grew overnight..." I mutter to myself before I turn my attention to the rest.

I take a look at Raidou's map and smiled lopsided: "There's something rejuvenating the area isn't it?" At which, Claudia pulled out several materials and did a side by side comparison  on the ground. There was no mistaking it "breadcrumbs trail" muttered the maid before adding more volume and clearness to her tone "So we need to search around for flora that seems new or out of season, I'm not sure if animals are also affected by.. whatever this is." I look at the rest for confirmation while Claudia started distancing, one step ahead of us.

ID# 150612 LD: 17  [1] T1 Material Found!

Edited by Dracul

Even with her tailor trained eye, the blonde barely saw any differences between the weeds that were spread out in front of her. Which made her feel a little out of place she looked at the remaining two before casting her eyes on the map data. It was still a big area to cover and they needed to pinpoint some kind of source... "How is that going to get us to the dragon?" she muttered a bit dispirited. Flower picking was nice and all but she would feel much more in her element amidst fighting, she'd even prefer dungeoneering on the front lines over this.
However one element got her attention, the mystery around it. Why did the dragon attack the village repeatedly and its doing so even after it probably ate and torched all their livestock and crops. If it was another person, she would write this off as someone terrorizing them out of a twisted pleasure or some kind of vendetta. Almost without thinking she'd reach for something near her foot and take it, absentmindedly staring at it while waiting for an answer.

ID# 150615 LD: 1+11 No Material

A brilliant exposition from the maid, Raidou found himself in good company. A theory produced that cast a shadow that needed a confirmation, as the lines that are drawn would become less blurred. The nomad adjusts his frames hearing what he needed to shorten the scope of the affair, sliding away from the group in silence. Closer inspection around the perimeter of the ring shows it's cast too broad, Raidou opens the shared map between the group and resizes it accordingly after dropping a red circle upon the node his skill had just located for him. Placing the paltry piece he managed to his satchel as despite the modest yield would still prove of some use. Moment's pass as he takes to an advancing glance about the field, the rolling field composed of fencing livestock and crops with structures galore. One eye attached to his map, a hand placed to his chin he ponders the outcome to the shared theory.

ID# 150809 results: Loot: 17+5=22

1*T1 Materials Obtained

Edited by Raidou

Listening to the blonde's question, I let out a sigh accompanied by a self deprecating smile. After all, what else could I expect from a muscle brain like her who always sought using brute force to find her answers. I draw closer to the person in question and try to reply her as simple and quick as possible: "Finding the source of this unnatural phenomena might give us clues to discovering the dragon's location." I once again open the map and enlarge it so both of us can see clearly. "We got the quest from the end of the first Dragon Hunt pointing this whole area for supposedly the next Hunt." Next I point towards the setlement where we spoke to the old man: "It can't be coincidental that there's a 'serpent-like' beast slaying quest around here." I make a circle around the settlement where we saw the burned debris. "It still is a big area to cover for just the four of us. Plus he didn't give us much details to where to find it." 

I pick a nearby flower and show it to her, hoping that she didn't take it as a romantic gesture. "We've noticed that the plants around here seem to unnaturally grow so we're trying to pinpoint the source." I make a small pause hoping she would follow the logical line and get to a conclusion of her own now. So far her replies have been monotone nods so I thoughts that I might've put too much faith for a second.

ID# 150838  LD: 4+3 No Material!

Edited by Dracul

But the blonde tailor seemed to pick up on his intention. "So we're searching for that source... in hopes that it would give us more clues related to the dragon's location?" She takes a look at the map and then at their surroundings. The gears we're starting to shift inside her head and after taking a moment to adjust a few strands of her behind her ear she continued: "It would be odd 'this' was unrelated to our umbrella quest. Maybe it's similar with how the labyrinth boss offers hints about the floor boss' capabilities."
Dracul wasn't sure about what she was talking about really. It seems that he was making comparisons with her frontline experience, which he had none off other than the rumours and gossips from his clients. Occasionally the blonde would start to tell him some of her adventures but he had little patience for them. He would later ask Claudia, who seemed more interested and up to date with the Progressors. But for now, he was starting to get annoyed and and replied with a plain "Yes" before telling her to look around for any plants that looked like they grew recently and then search for a even more recent one.. and so on.  Now that she had some idea of what these eggheads were planning the blonde started to put her keen eyesight to use.

ID# 150839  LD: 5+11 [1] Material Found!

A couple more harnessed from the field further reduces the casted projection of possible location as Raidou reduces it in size once more. The drawn circle was much less large in scope now. This brought him back to the group as the section was now small enough to beckon a time efficient search. Paying Dracul and Claudia a nod with the alteration to the map marker, he trusts Dracul a full understanding as a fellow scholar. He begins to head toward simply a hunch, as the rest of the group conjoined and chose a course of action hoping to narrow it further in a combing advance. The sun was still high in the sky but Raidou noticed a vacuum of NPC activity outside the walls as if it was night, which helped dictate his direction just a tad. A column of smoke beckons a response to the group "I think I found something." Raidou sends in a quickly transposed message.

ID# 150840 results: Craft: 6, Loot: 10+5=15

[Gathering Activated!] +2 Bonus Materials

3*T1 Materials Obtained

Edited by Raidou

It takes a while but we get to narrow down the area even more now that every member of the team knew what out task was and why we had to do it. I too, enjoyed these types of quests that put to test more than the player's equipment and stats. The mental stimulation reminiscent to the one I feel when me and my assistants experiment and do some research outside of our order quota back at the shop. I even came to appreciate Claudia's abilities and talents that didn't seem to excel just in our work's field of expertise. "We should go out more often like this.." I mutter to myself the look at the redhead in question and add: "Drag your brother outside with us."

I expected one of her usual 'professional' nods but the maid actually smiled back and said "Most definitely." Seeing her like that made my realize that I also was uncharacteristically smiling, fact that I verified upon stroking my chin and cheek; from which I traced a small smile with my fingers. In an attempt to revert to my usual demeanour, a attempt to gather another plant that had a unnatural look to it.

ID# 151088  LD: 17+3 [1] Material Found! (Total: 3)

Edited by Dracul

The blonde, now certain on her task felt like she contributed a little more than before to this adventure. She realized she was brash to dismiss this kind of activity earlier and started enjoying it a little more. Understanding the appeal and opportunity that it presented to the people that were less prone to fighting, to feel useful and that they contribute to the group effort. Such were the current musings of the blonde frontliner when Raidou's message appeared in her HUD. "What you found there chief?" she asked when she and the other two got close enough not to shout at each other.
Noticing the smoke coming from a nearby small pile of fuming hay stack, the blonde materialized her black obsidian spear and used a upwards vertical sword art to dig up some soil and throw it onto the hay; attempting to quench the remaining flames. She would peer through the hole left in the ground and find notice a golden glow. Her interest now piqued, she used a more powerful sword art to deepen the hole and was surprised to find a buried golden apple. "erm.. what this doing here?" she asked loud enough to get noticed by the rest.

ID# 151089  LD: 19+11 [1] Material Found! (Total: 3)

Instinctually with intrigue building within his breast, Raidou without a second thought slides in. "A box?" is heard from within the confines as he heaves it from within. Surrounding it as Raidou tosses it out, there is numerous of these ripe yellow spheres of carbon base. He tosses some of them out as well "There is quite a number in here." Raidou remarks from within the hole he was struggling to maneuver around, but determined to make a true investigation he risks the possibility of suffocation. Eventually peeling out a dozen or so of them under the earth, the count was way too numerous to be merely a coincidence. With a bit of struggle he uproots himself, tapping his shoulders to clear the soot from them before adjusting his glasses on his nose. "What do you make of it?" he asks of Dracul and Claudia, a bit hesitant to ask of the rather imposing female.

Looking for Chest: ID# 151375 results: Loot: 17+5=22! Success

Edited by Raidou