[F02 - PP] Epic Cycle vol.2: Deadly Cuteness <<DHA: 2>>

Joining the rest, myself and Claudia peer inside the freshly dug hole with interest. "A treasure chest!" claimed my assistant while I decided to pick up and study this apple that didn't feel like an apple. Squeezing it in my hand, my fingers were unable to even put a small dent on it's golden exterior. "Could it be gold?" I ask outloud, almost immediately willing to dismiss the notion based on the item's weight. But then again this world's physics, while emulated from the real world , could be easily altered by the Cardinal in any way to fit any narrative.

I let it drop on the ground and take in the sheer amount of items. "If it were only apples I'd say that you found a mole or fox hole but I don't think your average animal would enshrine a box like that." She looked in the distance, seeing some of the village rooftops and added: "Maybe it's someone's secret stash? but why put the apples in the ground like this instead of selling them off and making a fortune to get out of this dump." I replied nonchalantly, earning myself a frown from my redhead assistant. 

ID# 151385  LD: 3+3 No Material Found!

Edited by Dracul

"Claudia is right, this is a treasure chest!" confirmed the blonde "Its been ages since I found one of these, they're randomly scattered out on each floor." She kneeled down next to it and brought up her HUD, after a few swipes over the interface she dismissed it and had a key golden key appear in her hand. "Finders keepers!" she claimed enthusiastically. " The old man told us nothing about not digging around." She explained to Raidou that posed the question. Claudia looked like she wanted to protest but decided against it in the end. Curiosity overcoming her feel that they weren't supposed to open it. She'd knew about the existence of such chests but this was the first one she saw live in front of her, so she let the blonde continue. 

After introducing in the key, Ariel made a sharp inhale then muttered in a low tone: "I don't suppose anyone here has the pickpocket skill to open it up more efficiently." it would be late anyway as she already half turned the golden key that fit in perfectly. The lid opened and revealed its content to everyone present: some col, three apples that seemed a little bigger than the rest and had a unnatural crimson hue and some consumables that needed to be identified.

ID# 151386  LD: 8+2 
Treasure Chest Content:
 (2 * 75) Col, (3) T1 materials, (2) T1 unidentified rare consumables

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Still trying to disperse the dirt that was latched into his hair and shoulders. "Have at it." Raidou dismisses the box entirely, as his main focus was on the golden apples peculiarly placed in the hole with the container. Within were some wrapped parcels in white reminding him of Ceres and her introduction crash course on chests, but it was not the primary goal. There would be other times for seeking out these obscurities, and he was dedicated to solving this issue before it is exasperated and as such he had little interest what was inside. He left the entire lot for the rest to decide its distribution, taking a closer inspection in better lighting to the peeled apples from the hole. It gleamed in the sunlight almost metallic, but the weight offered little in the way of actual mineral feeling no heavier than a standard apple. A curiosity still was the fact they were buried here in number as if used as a form of fertilizer or stashed by someone for later retrieval.

Edited by Raidou

For my part, I signaled the blonde to open the chest since she already had the key in her hand. My gaze however lingered on the object as it was the first time I saw one; curiosity took over. I wanted to see what was inside to see if I'd be motivated into finding such chest for myself in the future. To my, disappointment? the rewards were deficient at best, putting an end to my short lived whim of becoming a treasure hunter. It was for the better really, as such extra activities would detract me from my goal. 

I reach out however and pick one of the apples inside the box for close study. "This looks like a bigger version of the ones scattered around here." I muttered before a muffled noise draws my attention up. It wasn't hard to imagine what what made these sounds of slow flapping wings; a trait attributed to a small number of flying creature among which there was: "The dragon!" I mutter unconsciously, as the others cast their gazes towards the skies and verify for themselves. Claudia by my side, alternated a few times between watching the drake and the apple in my hand, before giving voice to what I was thinking: "Did it came, for the apples?"

• Ariel: 1450/1450 ❤ | 140/140 ✽ | 88 ♜ | 19 (+8) ⚔ | 2 ACC | 1 EVA 
  • Raidou: 500/500 ❤ | 50/50 ✽ | 27 ♜ | 2 ⚔ | 3 EVA | 9-10 ☣ V.O. 10% & Para 
  • Dracul:  200/200 ❤ | 20/20 ✽ | 27 ♜ | 7 ⚔ | 18 ☣ Thorns
  • Zylara:   175/175 ❤ | 65 ♜ | 35 ⚔ | 1 ACC

The blonde looked upwards as well and saw a figure in the clouds circling them at first, then drawing closer and closer to their location. "Great!" she claimed a little excited, momentarily forgetting about the chest. "It seems that it wants to save us the trouble of looking for it." she added as she rose up to full height and summoned her two-handed spear and thrust it into the air while shouting: "Come face me you oversized lizard!" She wasn't sure if taunting it like that would assure that she would be the first target but in the absence of the howl skill this is the best she could do right now to get aggro. "You better take cover until we know for sure it's attacking me first." she advised her teammates, she didn't expect a hard fight based on the first dragon but she wanted to better be safe than sorry.  

When the golden clad dragon suddenly started descending, the blonde broke into a sprint to the side. It seemed the beast took the bait and aimed for her with her claws. The blonde frowned as her expectation were meet, this was yet another dragon indeed but she could clearly see that it was still a baby. Using the full reach of her spear, the blonde slashed its wings and effectively grounded the drakeling. With a steel expression she impaled it through its back to the ground and watched as it exploded into pixels. Leaving little more than a small semi transparent stone.

• Ariel: 1450/1450 ❤ | 140/140 ✽ | 88 ♜ | 19 (+8) ⚔ | 2 ACC | 1 EVA 
  • Raidou: 500/500 ❤ | 50/50 ✽ | 27 ♜ | 2 ⚔ | 3 EVA | 9-10 ☣ V.O. 10% & Para 
  • Dracul:  200/200 ❤ | 20/20 ✽ | 27 ♜ | 7 ⚔ | 18 ☣ Thorns
  • Zylara:   175/175 ❤ | 35 ♜ | 65 ⚔ | 1 ACC

ID# 151525  BD: 4+2 (Hit!)
Vent Forth x10 (19 +5) =240 -35 =205 DMG @Zylara

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Once the crowned lion pulls up the gemstone of pure cut quartz, a ring on their HUD beckons a completion as it begins to fade from the tracker on the left side of each of their screens. "Suppose that's it then." Raidou remarks removing a black book from his pocket, close to the dark tanned one with his apothecary formula in it. Scratching the information to the page, a set of footnotes amended to the pages with the knowledge cataloged accordingly. With a resounding notification bouncing into the side of his screen, an auto update instantly applying a new addition to the quest tracker. "Pt.3 - Opal" Raidou reads from the side, as the very same sound rings from the rest of the party. It was not over, and the quest description left a lot in obscurity paying them all just ????? which proved nothing and provided nothing to those who were about to undertake it.

Quest Complete:

Ariel:

3*SP (1 Thread Closure, 1 Event Bonus, 1 Quest Completion)

400*Col (200 Quest Reward, 200 Thread Closure, 150 Chest)

6*T1 Materials (3 Gathered, 3 Chest)

T1 Rare Consumable #151386a

T1 Rare Consumable #151386b

Dracul:

400*Col (200 Quest Reward, 200 Thread Closure)

3*T1 Materials (3 Gathered)

Raidou:

Simmone (Guild Treasurer [Raidou])

200*Col (Quest Reward)

10*T1 Materials (Gathered)

Edited by Raidou