SKILLS

NON-COMBAT SKILLS
» EXTENDED MOD LIMIT R1

PASSIVE
      ALLOWS FOR THE USE ONE 1 ADDITIONAL MOD

COMBAT SKILLS
» PARRY

POST ACTION
      REDUCE FINAL DAMAGE OF NEXT ATTACK AGAINST YOU BY 50% (ROUNDED DOWN) AND NEGATES STUN/PARALYSIS EFFECT OF THAT ATTACK
           COOLDOWN: 2 TURNS
» BATTLE HEALING R3

PASSIVE
      WHILE IN COMBAT, USER HEALS FOR 3% (33 HP) OF THEIR MAX HP EACH TURN

EXTRA SKILLS
» DISGUISE

FREE ACTION
      +1 EVA UNTIL START OF YOUR NEXT TURN
           COOLDOWN: 3 TURNS
» 
MEDITATION

POST ACTION
      RECOVER AN ADDITIONAL 15 ENERGY - GETTING HIT BY AN ATTACK BEFORE YOUR NEXT TURN REDUCES ADDITIONAL ENERGY RECOVERY TO 9

WEAPON SKILLS
» TWO-HANDED STRAIGHT SWORD R5

+7 DMG WHEN TWO-HANDED WEAPON IS EQUIPPED

ARMOR SKILLS
» LIGHT ARMOR R5

+25 MIT

MODS
» LIGHT ARMOR MOD: ATHLETICS

PASSIVE
      +1 DMG WHEN WEARING LIGHT ARMOR
      +30 HP WHEN WEARING LIGHT ARMOR
»
 LIGHT ARMOR MOD: SPRINT & ACROBATICS

PASSIVE
      +1 EVA WHEN WEARING LIGHT ARMOR
»
 PARRY MOD: JUSTIFIED RIPOSTE

POST ACTION: COMBINE WITH PARRY
      SUCCESSFUL PARRY STUNS OPPONENT
»
 WEAPON MOD: PRECISION

PASSIVE
      +1 ACC
»
 WEAPON MOD: TWO-HANDED STRAIGHT SWORD FEROCITY

PASSIVE
      +1 DMG WHEN USING 2HSS SWORD ARTS
» WEAPON MOD: TWO-HANDED STRAIGHT SWORD FINESSE R3

PASSIVE
      REDUCES THE EN COST OF TWO-HANDED STRAIGHT SWORD SWORD ARTS BY 3

EQUIPMENT

WEAPON
» [EQUIPPED] "DAWN'S DEMISE" - TWO-HANDED STRAIGHT SWORD (T3 - DEMONIC)
     ➥ FALLEN 2
           +12 TO BASE DAMAGE ON NATURAL ROLLS OF 6-8
     ➥ PHASE
           IGNORES 50% OF MIT ON NATURAL ROLLS OF 9 OR HIGHER
     ➥ BLEED 1
           36 DMG INFLICTED FOR 2 TURNS ON NATURAL ROLLS OF 9 OR HIGHER

ARMOR
» [EQUIPPED] "BLOODSTAINED COAT" - LIGHT ARMOR (T3 - DEMONIC)
      +54 MIT
      +1 EVA
      HOLY BLESSING
           AFTER TAKING DAMAGE, USER HEALS 24 HP AT THE BEGINNING OF THE FOLLOWING TURN

TRINKET
» [EQUIPPED] "EAGLE'S EYE" - TRINKET (T1 - DEMONIC)
      +2 EVA
      +2 ACC

FAMILIAR
» [EQUIPPED] SWINE BAJESUS R3
     ➥ +9 DMG

"I say we get rid of him."

"How do you mean?"

"You know how I mean."

"That feels a little dicey. Not sure I'm up for that."

"Agreed. Didn't sign on for murder."

"I dunno. He could put the mission in jeopardy."

"Exactly."

"That doesn't mean we kill him."

"It's not like he won't grow back."

"We all know it isn't that simple."

"It is, though."

"One kid isn't going to put us in a position we can't handle."

"He won't, but his gang of bigger buddies might."

"What? You scared?"

"It's not that. It's just, you know, why create more trouble than necessary?"

"Yeah."

"'More trouble.' What if offing the little fella is exactly what creates that?"

"What he said. I'm also not too keen on running my sword through a child, NPC or not."

"How is anyone else going to know? Besides, I can do it if neither of you have the balls to."

"I'll know."

"So what?"

"So I don't want to be a part of something like that," Bahr jeered, scorn evident in his expression as he regarded Cooper, who merely scoffed in response.

"When did you become such a bleeding heart, Bahr? We used to have fun," Cooper replied, thumbing a twig he'd been nervously twirling between his fingers for the duration of the exchange.

"Never like that."

"Yeah,"
 Hedge chimed in, his deep baritone rumble vibrating through his chest and against his plate armor. "Killin' kids just ain't what we're about."

"It's temporary, though," came Squid's uneasy response. "Kid'll be back to nosing his way into peoples' business by sunrise tomorrow."

"Look," Bahr interjected, "if the kid could sneak up on us like that, how do we know nobody else could, or has?" Cooper and Squid stirred uncomfortably at the inquiry, taking peeks around the neighboring trees as Hedge crossed his arms and shook his head. "Somewhere, someone could be watching us as we speak. Beyond the ethical dilemma of killing a child, which is not something we should even be considering, there's the looming threat that if someone finds out, there goes the whole operation. From a macro perspective, the best thing we can do is hold onto the kid until we've completed the mission."

"You're telling me you want us to lug a kid around until we're done?"

"Yes."

"What if we just tied him up and left him here?"

"Too risky. If someone's watching, they just come and collect him, and he can give them the information."

"So let me get this straight," Cooper grunted as he shot to his feet, pointing an index finger each and Bahr and Hedge. "You guys want us to overburden ourselves with a kid because some boogieman in the woods could be watching us, and temporarily erasing a packet of data makes you a little weak in the knees?"

"Never been followed before, Coop?"

"His Search Skill is maxed, so probably not."

"I have been followed, but never for long. I'd have noticed if we had eyes on us by now."

"Bullsh*t. I've snuck up on you plenty of times."

"That was never in the field. I've got my senses turned on out here. What happens in the towns doesn't count."

"Whatever."

"Guys, let's try and keep it together, alright? The more argumentative we get, the further from making a decision we get."

"I've already made my decision,"
 Cooper stated indignantly, crossing his arms and looking away from the rest. 

"I'm not for it."

"Me either."

All that left was Squid. As all eyes in the group settled on him, including that of their captive, he squirmed beneath the pressure of it all. His teal eyes flickered nervously between each of their faces, then through the grove of trees that surrounded them. After a few moments, he sighed. "Sorry, Cooper. I think they're right."

"Oh, come on!"
 the scout exclaimed as he threw his hands down against his side, feet carrying him a few paces away from the group, hanging his shaking head into a single palm.

"It's not that I don't trust in your abilities, but I'm the Stealth expert here. A savvy assassin could easily avoid detection in a forest like this."

"Okay, sure, fine, whatever, but we're talking about fish people, man,"
 Cooper shot back as he swung around to address Squid, who made himself smaller under his partner's scrutinizing gaze. "Fish people. You really think they could pull something like that off when they're out of their element, in a place like this?"

Bahr pointed to their captive. "This one did."

Cooper huffed angrily, pushing the stray strands of hair that had fallen over his eyes out of the way. He looked like he had something to say, but couldn't formulate a way to articulate it. In the end, Bahr was right. The Zora-esque youth had tracked them for an unknown length of time, and it had been Hedge who'd found him in the end.

"Is that why you're so eager to slaughter him?" Hedge inquired thoughtfully, his chestnut eyes connecting with Cooper's stark azure. "If he looked more human-like, would you still feel so strongly about killing him?"

"Man, I don't know!"

"Quiet. You'll give us away."

"Don't even start with me, Bloodedge,"
 Cooper hissed. "According to you, we're already found."

"There are other things in this grove,"
 Squid piped in with a hushed tone. "It's not just the humanoid amphibians we need to look out for."

"Fish aren't amphibians. They're classified simply as fish."

A beat of silence as everyone gave Hedge their best, "Are you serious right now?" look.

"What? I'm just saying."

"Look, the party has decided. Either you're cool with playing in a group where the majority rules, or you find other people to play with. It's that simple."

Another beat of silence.

"Fine. But if we end up in a heap of sh*t because you guys insisted we haul a kid around, I'll never let you hear the end of it."

"Fine by me."

"All good here."

"Same."

"Good. Let's roll out."

No sooner had the group gotten to their feet and began marching onward through the grove than Cooper saw it suitable to start talking once more.

"Still going to go on record and say that I find it ridiculous that you're willing to slaughter a bunch of fish people, but not their kids."

"God, will you shut up already?"

"Kid doesn't have a red cursor, so he's not a mob. It's different."

"That's true."

"So it's okay to kill fish people, but only when they've got a red cursor?"

"Pretty much."

"The hell's the difference?"

"One's necessary to fight for quest advancement. The other is a noncombatant."

"So?"

"It would be like raiding a village, but instead of killing just the soldiers, you start killing the kids, elderly, and women, too."

"Bingo."

"Isn't that a little sexist, coming from the mouths of the Ethics Police? What, women can't fight?"

"That's not what I'm saying."

"What are you saying, then?"

"He was drawing the line between combatants and noncombatants."

"Exactly. So he's saying women can't be combatants."

"Jesus, you're in an argumentative mood today."

"He's like this every day."

"I am not!"

"See?"

And then it happened. Through the brush ahead, a gigantic beast burst forth. It rampaged forward toward the group, any tree or rock unfortunate enough to stand between it and its targets tossed aside like a forgotten plaything beneath its indomitable fury. Bahr grabbed the fishy youth by the scruff of its tunic, hoisting it to the side with him as he dashed out of the monster's path. Hedge, Cooper and Squid similarly ducked out of the way as best they could as the creature barreled past them. Its massive hooves scraped against the forest floor below as it tried to come to a stop. A thick concoction of damp earth and dead leaves were torn asunder by the maneuver, its hind end knocking a solitary tree on its side as it completed its turn. 

"Jesus Christ! Did you detect that coming, Coop!" Bahr yelled out over the cacophony of splintered trees falling, roots being torn from their seating and heavy stomping of the mob that had accosted them.

"Shut up!"

"Bahr, the kid!"

The amphibious- er, humanoid fish youth was absolutely petrified, quivering within Bahr's hands like a hypothermic gerbil. Hedge had his arms outstretched, beckoning for Bahr to hand the boy off. So, he obliged.

"Take the kid and get out of here. I'll try to hold it off," Bahr commanded as he unsheathed Dawn's Demise from where it sat on the small of his back.

"Like hell!" Cooper exclaimed. "You can't honestly believe I'd let you take that thing alo-"

Squid had seized Cooper and carried him into a rolling jaunt, the tinier assassin's muscles doing everything they could to move the scout out of the rampaging beast's path before it snuffed him out. By some miracle, they managed to clear its charge before being stamped into the earth, and the rhino collided with a nearby wall of stone.

"He's the only one out of us who's tier three," Squid grunted as he hoisted himself off of the ground, before grabbing Cooper's arm and getting him to his feet as well. "Let him handle it. We need to get the kid out of here."

"Oh, real nice! Five minutes into deciding to bring him along and he's already turning into a headache!"

"It was probably your yelling that attracted the animal."

"You guys are wasting time. Go!"

As the rest of the party finally relented and began scurrying away, Bahr's eyes flickered to the massive health bar hugging the creature, as well as the named attached to it. 

"Piasuhōn, huh? I thought you guys only hung around in the Coliseum. Guess you're out here in the wild, too? Guess I shouldn't be surprised."

Piasuhōn did not respond, because it was a dual-horned rhino.

It did, however, charge forth. Despite the beast's impressive size and intimidating power, its movements were helplessly choreographed and easy to track. Bahr wound up his Sword Art, trying his best to ignore the tickling of the smoky black tendrils that crept up the blade from the hilt as he lined up his shot. When the monster was within range, he let it rip forth, the crimson and obsidian energy lurching ahead and colliding with the rhino's snout and stopping it dead in its tracks.

Bahr was used to this sort of hit sending his enemies hurtling away, if not shattering them instantly, but this creature was different. Larger, stronger, more durable. All Bahr had managed to do was halt its forward momentum and chunk it down by a mere third of its full health.

Spoiler

Encounter: Piasuhōn
HP: 1,100
DMG: 300
MIT: 50
ACC: 2
EVA: 2
Piercing Horn: When Piasuhōn crits, Piasuhōn's attack goes through armor easily, dealing 50% Phase, including block.
Trained Eye: Piasuhōn is able to land critical hits more easily. His Crit scale is 8-10 instead of 9-10.
Pure Rage: When Piasuhōn's health reaches 550, he is overcome by a fit of rage, aiming to kill. He gains +100 Damage to his base attack but loses 1 Accuracy in his blind rage.

Spoiler

Bahr: HP: 1110/1110 | EN: 108-9=99/108 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 4 | FLN: 12 | BLD: 36 | HB: 24 | BH: 33 | PHASE

Bahr used [x13] Galaxy Destroyer-9 EN ("RESTED" HOUSE BUFF REDUCES ENERGY COST BY 1)

Piasuhōn: HP: 1100-353=747/1100 | DMG: 300 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 | ID: 135042 | BD: 6, Hit | FALLEN ACTIVATED | 31x13=403-50=353 DMG | MD: 1, Miss

Good. It was better this way. Bahr preferred an actual challenge over a blowout victory. Still, it didn't stop Piasuhōn from being intimidating as all hell.

Especially when it shook off Bahr's attack and immediately began charging forward again, Bahr only narrowly dashing out of the way and avoiding the full brunt of the attack by the skin of his teeth. He'd expected that the beast would have spent at least a little time reeling from the concussive force of a full brunt Fallen attack, but it appeared as though the pain it had inflicted had only served to fuel the rage of its furious temperament even further.

For a fight like this, Bahr couldn't rely on the things he had become accustomed to. It was a humble reminder that there were absolutely things in this world that were far more powerful than himself. Defeating this monster would require quick thinking and cunning in addition to the power offered by Dawn's Demise. He couldn't press on with raw strength alone if he were to come out on the other side of this with a worthwhile victory.

Spoiler

Bahr: HP: 1110/1110 | EN: 99+1-2=98/108 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 4 | FLN: 12 | BLD: 36 | HB: 24 | BH: 33 | PHASE

Bahr used [x13] Galaxy Destroyer-2 EN FOR MISS

Piasuhōn: HP: 747/1100 | DMG: 300 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 | ID: 135043 | BD: 1, Miss | MD: 6+2-4=4, Miss

By the time he'd righted himself from the last unflattering dodge, the rhino had already adjusted its course to take another pass. Bahr did a bit better with this one, sidestepping it in a fashion that seemed reminiscent of an experienced matador tricking a bull into attacking his scarlet flag rather than him. As graceful as the dodge was in comparison to his first, it didn't leave Bahr with much of an opportunity to strike back, seeing as Piasuhōn was in and out of his range like a microburst of wind.

That was fine. Play it slow. Think of the long haul. Rushing a battle like this wouldn't do anything other than get himself hurt, or worse. Unlike his previous escapades, Bahr now had people in this world who relied on him. Getting wrapped up in a potentially deadly situation like this wouldn't fare well in their eyes. Could you imagine if Lessa heard he almost got himself killed because he'd been foolhardy in a fight against a mob so formidable? He shuddered at the thought.

Spoiler

Bahr: HP: 1110/1110 | EN: 98+1-2=97/108 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 4 | FLN: 12 | BLD: 36 | HB: 24 | BH: 33 | PHASE

Bahr used [x13] Galaxy Destroyer-2 EN FOR MISS

Piasuhōn: HP: 747/1100 | DMG: 300 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 | ID: 135044 | BD: 1, Miss | MD: 2, Miss

Another charge. This time Bahr was ready. As the creature approached, Bahr opted to take a step to the side and lay his blade into the creature as it ran past, taking much of the work out of Bahr's end of the exchange as Piasuhōn's momentum carried it across the blade. A thick red gash ran down its entire side from one end to the other as it rampaged on, thrown off-kilter by the laceration before falling onto its side and rather unceremoniously into a pile of boulders.

It didn't seem to like this very much, it turned out, as when it rose it did so with enough tenacity to send the massive, multi-ton objects hurtling into the air and completely off of the island they inhabited. Something had changed, likely a result of its health having just barely reached the tipping point into the yellow. A berserk mode, perhaps? Bahr couldn't know for sure, but what he did know was that he couldn't take it lightly. A hit from that thing now would hurt.

Spoiler

Bahr: HP: 1110/1110 | EN: 97+1-9=89/108 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 4 | FLN: 12 | BLD: 36 | HB: 24 | BH: 33 | PHASE

Bahr used [x13] Galaxy Destroyer-9 EN ("RESTED" HOUSE BUFF REDUCES ENERGY COST BY 1)

Piasuhōn: HP: 747-197=550/1100 | DMG: 400 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 2 | ID: 135045 | BD: 5+3-2=6, Hit for 19x13=247-50=197 DMG | MD: 5, Miss

When it charged forward this time, it did so with such blinding speed that Bahr didn't even have time to react. He caught the two pronged horns of the animal with Dawn's Demise, but felt the earth slide away beneath him as he was carried along by the unrelenting force of the beast's charge. It wasn't long before they collided with something. Several things, to be exact. The mob was smashing him through trees. One after another, in rapid succession, until Bahr was finally able to push himself off to the side and away from Piasuhōn's charge.

It was a good thing that he couldn't feel pain in this world, or that would have been the sort of thing to force him into incapacitation. Though there was no hurt to accompany it, the sensation of his body ripping through sheets of solid wood had been jarring enough. The chunk it had stolen away from his health bar, too, was an unwelcome site. Whatever had happened, this thing had gotten stronger. Far stronger.

Spoiler

Bahr: HP: 1110-362=748/1110 | EN: 89+1-2=88/108 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 4 | FLN: 12 | BLD: 36 | HB: 24 | BH: 33 | PHASE

Piasuhōn: HP: 550/1100 | DMG: 400 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 2 | ID: 135049 | BD: 1, Miss | MD: 10, Crit for 402-40=362 DMG

Another blinding charge. Bahr knew better than to challenge it this time. Instead, he would roll out of the way the best he could, taking note of the speed of the attack and the monster's general attack pattern while doing so. He kept reminding himself that there was no need to rush a scenario like this. Unless there was a chance that another one of these things could burst forth at any moment, Bahr was better served by being patient and allowing himself to grow accustomed to the new speed and power that the mob had developed. Doing anything else would simply be a disservice to the fight, as well as himself.

It was difficult, though. Gleaning information from a fight like this, where he needed to be prepared to move with all of his might at a moment's notice, was difficult. He could hardly see anything through the crimson haze of adrenaline, let alone observe it.

Spoiler

Bahr: HP: 748/1110 | EN: 88+1-2=87/108 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 4 | FLN: 12 | BLD: 36 | HB: 24 | BH: 33 | PHASE

Piasuhōn: HP: 550/1100 | DMG: 400 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 2 | ID: 135053 | BD: 4+3-2=5, Miss | MD: 4, Miss

On this pass, though, it was different. Bahr could feel the darkness within Dawn's Demise itching to come to the surface. And so, when he charged up Galaxy Destroyer, he wasn't surprised to find that the smoky black tendrils crawling along the length of the blade had made their appearance yet again. He grinned as the beast bore down on him, certain that this strike would stop it in its tracks just as it had before.

Except, it didn't.

Bahr's attack found its mark, directly against the snout of the creature. But it didn't so much as flinch. It barreled onward, knocking Bahr off of his feet and trampling over him. His frame was pounded into the moist soil, and it actually took a considerable effort to pry himself out of it. Now it's unhindered by Fallen entirely? Bahr mentally inquired as he shakily rose to his feet, eyes flickering to his health bar.

Barely over a third. Not good.

Spoiler

Bahr: HP: 748-361=387/1110 | EN: 87+1-10=78/108 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 4 | FLN: 12 | BLD: 36 | HB: 24 | BH: 33 | PHASE

Bahr used [x13] Galaxy Destroyer-10 EN

Piasuhōn: HP: 550-353=197/1100 | DMG: 400 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 2 | ID: 135054 | BD: 7, Hit | FALLEN ACTIVATED | 31x13=403-50=353 DMG | MD: 8, Crit for 401-40=361 DMG

It was coming again. Bahr needed to act fast.

Think.

But there was no time to think. Bahr knew he could handle at least one more hit from that thing before being brought down. It seemed that Piasuhōn wouldn't fare well against another good hit. So rather than drowning himself in what-ifs and potential ways the scenario could play out, he readied another Galaxy Destroyer and stood his ground. As the beast closed in, he thrust the blade forward with a yell, casting the monster to azure smithereens before it could make impact with him.

He fell onto his back and allowed Dawn's Demise to pitch into the grass somewhere nearby. It truly had been foolish of him to take the thing on alone. What if it had been Scarecrow's Sickle he was carrying, rather than Dawn's Demise? He'd have been snuffed out for sure. Hell, if even he were tier two instead of three, it would have had him.

But it didn't. He was still breathing. That was all that mattered.

Spoiler

Bahr: HP: 387/1110 | EN: 78_1-10=69/108 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 4 | FLN: 12 | BLD: 36 | HB: 24 | BH: 33 | PHASE

Bahr used [x13] Galaxy Destroyer-10 EN

Piasuhōn: HP: 197-353=0/1100 | DMG: 400 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 2 | ID: 135055 | BD: 7, Hit | FALLEN ACTIVATED | 31x13=403-50=353 DMG | Piasuhōn defeated

He opened up his menu and began to compose a message.

To: Hedge, Cooper, Squid

Rhino's dead. Where are you guys at?

- Bahr

It didn't take long for the messages to start flooding in.

You didn't kill it. I'll believe it when I see it.

- Coop

Think I'm gonna side with Coop on this one. I'd believe you if you said you held it off or got away, but there's no way you took it down. 

- Squid

What's wrong with you guys? This is Bahr we're talking about. You've both seen him in action.

- Hedge

Yeah. He's clumsy as hell. My guess, he slipped in a puddle, got trampled, and used a teleport crystal. 

- Coop

This was getting to be too much.

All of the notification pings are giving me a headache. I picked up the quest for it awhile ago, but I was waiting for a good time to go to the Coliseum to knock it out. Just tell me where you're at, and I'll show you guys the quest completion.

- Bahr

We're north. We'll start heading your way and meet you in the middle.

- Hedge

If you're lying about this, I'll never let you live this down.

- Coop

Those threats are really starting to get old. You should try something else.

- Squid

If you've got something to say, say it to my face, small fry.

- Coop

Seriously, give it a rest. I'll see you guys in a minute.

- Bahr

When he met up with them, he had the quest completion prompt ready. Cooper could hardly believe his eyes.

"So who helped you with it, then?" he inquired, clearly still skeptical.

"Nobody," came Bahr's flat retort, dismissing the message.

"That's amazing," Squid cooed. "That new sword's really working out for you, huh?"

"You can't tell me you actually believe this jackass."

"Why not? We've seen him to crazier stuff before."

"Name one time. I'll wait."

"Well, there was that time against the Lich King."

"Yeah, sure, but we heard that secondhand. He could be lying about that, too."

"But he wasn't even the one who told us the story. Are you calling Lessa a liar?"

"N-no..."

"Sounds to me like you are."

"I'm not!"

"Backpedaling, huh? Is it that you're scared of Lessa's wrath, or Bahr's for insulting his girlfriend?"

"My guess is both."

"You guys suck ass."

"She's not my girlfriend. Yet."

"Yet?"
"Yet?"
"Yet?"

Ignoring the trio's inquiry that had been leveled at him with suspicious congruence, Bahr's eyes shifted between them. Something was missing.

"Where's the kid?"

"Oh right, about that..."

"His people came and took him away."

"Crap. Were you guys able to handle the fight alright without me?"

"No fight. It was a peaceful exchange."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Turns out you were right - they were watching us."

"Yup. And when they saw us protect the child from the mob, they decided that there was a chance for peace between our kind and theirs. You should have gotten the quest completion notice."

"Not like he would have had time to check it in the middle of a fight."

"True."

"Anyways, seems like it was an alternate completion path or something. Gave us bonus col, too."

"Wow. That must be super situational. It's not like these rhinos are a common thing to see out in the wild like this. Wonder how many people have completed the quest that way?"

"Probably not many. Even Conciliator didn't mention it. You'd think the info brokers would know about this sort of thing."

"Maybe, but it's not like Conciliator has always been super reliable."

"You kiddin'? She's the best in the trade. Right up there alongside the likes of Hikoru."

"You alright there, Coop? Quieter than usual."

"He's been pretty sour ever since the quest was resolved and he was proven wrong."

"That, and the fact that he never got to kill any fish people."

"I was really looking forward to that fight."

"Jesus. You've really got a hard on for killing fish people, huh?"

"They're just so... gross. They weird me out. So, yeah, I wanted to kill a few of them."

"And I thought Bahr was the violent one."

"Nah, Mr. Straight and Narrow over here's gone soft ever since he met his sweetheart."

"It's because he's in looooove~!"

"Shut up."

"Yeah. He's a regular Apollo Rocket of Love."

"Stop that."

"Come on, Bahr. There's nothing to be ashamed of. Not all of us are so lucky to find someone to love in a place like this."

"I am seriously going to hurt you."

"You couldn't hurt a fly the way you are now."

"I kicked that rhino's ass, and I can kick yours too."

"As if. I'll just wear a Lessa mask and you won't be able to bring yourself to hit me."

"Wanna bet?"

"I'm with Coop on this one. They could slap a Lessa mask on Pinball and you still wouldn't hit him."

"Wow. You really went there."

"Hahahaha!"

"Hedge, help me out here."

"Nah. I think it's funnier if I just watch."

"Why do I even hang out with you dweebs?"

"Cause you love us, too!"

"Mhmm."

"Don't press your luck."

"They say the line between love and hate is a thin one."

"Indeed."

"I don't hate you guys. Just really dislike you sometimes. Like now."

"Then you must love us!"

"Oh my god, shut. Up."

"I think he's turning a little red. Is he turning red?"

"He's definitely turning red."

"He's gonna match his jacket soon."

"And so will you, if you don't stop talking."

"Hey, I'm not the bad guy here. You're the one who doesn't know how to express his emotions in a healthy manner."

"So I should be like you, and just say whatever stupid sh*t flies through my head without thinking it over?"

"More or less."

"Okay. Maybe I do hate you now."

"Give it a rest, guys. You're gonna give poor Bahr a hernia."

"That can't happen in Aincrad."

"Thank you, Captain Obvious."

"Let's get out of here. And shut up."

QUEST COMPLETE

Thread net gains:
6 SP
5400 col
Rhino's Horn [Consumable]: (Applied to a Weapon. When attacking, on the First Crit, the attack ignores 40% Mitigation of the target it's attacking. If it is an AoE it only applies to the first target hit, not all 4. If this item is stacked with a Phase Weapon, the 40% Phase ONLY affects Block instead of overall Mitigation.) [This Item drops Once Per thread]