[PP-09] <<Burning Phoenix Feathers>> w/ Atzo & Raina

Cordelia deadpanned. As much as survival did for her, it still felt incredibly warm. There was nice warm and uncomfortably warm.

This was uncomfortably warm.

She sighed to herself as she hopped off of the teleport pad. Why did she need to go through so much trouble for such a simple item. . ?  It was seriously kind of stupid! She just wanted to change the name of her katana, but nooo. Kayaba had to go and eff another thing. 

Firmly placed her shoulder, Pacco ruffled his tar-colored feathers. Seemed like he didn't want to be here anymore than she did, which was pretty understandable.

The platinum-haired player let out a small yawn as she blinked tiredly. Maybe she should've eaten breakfast before she had left. She hoped Oscar wouldn't come running with food in a box again. . . She bit her nails with a slight nervous expression. She should really stop forgetting to eat. 

ID: 135724
LD: 1+3=4, Fail

@Raina @Atzo

Spoiler

LVL: 40 | HP: 820/820 | EN: 80/80 | 14+3= 17 DMG | 12 MIT | 3+2= 5 ACC | 3+1= 4 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 3 LD | 4 HLY

INVENTORY: 

☆ T2 Katana | Haunted Verdict: [Cursed] 4 HLY, 4 DMG
 T1 Light Armor | Bastille’s Resistance: +2 EVA, +1 PARA VNM
☆ T1 Jewelry | Caerus Gloves: 3 LD

BATTLE READY:

☆ [5] Standard Healing Potions [Heals 50 HP]

CONSUMED:
Combat Dog: 2 ACC, 1 EVA
<<Queen's Honey>> +3 DMG

SKILLS:

☆ R3 Accuracy Familiar Mastery: 3 ACC
☆ Disguise: [Gain +1 EVA until the start of your next turn]
☆ Survival: [Increases out of combat health regeneration to (15 * Tier) per post. Grants immunity to most damage dealing environmental
attacks/effects.]
☆ R1 Curved Sword Skill 
☆ R5 Katana Skill [+7 DMG/+1 BASE]
  > FEROCITY MOD: +1 DMG
☆ R3 Hiding Skill: +1 Stealth Rating
☆ R3 Light Armor Skill: 12 MIT
  > ATHLETICS MOD: +1 DMG, +20 HP

Atzo sat on a bench in the center of Yōgan Village on floor 9 waiting for Raina, he was wearing a white button up and black jeans as it was too hot for him to wear his robe. He had been spending the day out looking for alchemy ingredients, not turning up any luck. Still Atzo had a thought that wouldn’t go away, something made him think that he could find something useful if he looked around floor 9 enough. This was the place the two had planned to meet up so they could share a meal, though he got there earlier than he intended to originally

While on floor 9, Atzo figured it was a good time to visit the grave of his familiar Kikas. He still regretted her death. She was a faithful hound while he had her. He remembered how crazed he had gotten before his absence; how broken he had become. The actions he made in what could only be described as mania were unsightly to say the least. Though it dawned on him that this wasn’t the time to dwell on that, after all he had already had enough time to pay his respects earlier. ‘Maybe the heat is getting to me’ he thought. He was always more fond of the cold than he was of the heat, the thought of going to floor 4 and laying in the snow for a while seemed rather pleasant.

@Raina @Cordelia

Spoiler

Lvl 23 | 460 HP | 46 En | Battle Healing 9 hp per turn (In Combat) | Survival 15hp per turn (Out of Combat) |  +1 base damage per rank to a single attack. You may only use a Charge attack once per opponent per combat and only if it is possible via roleplay. A charge attack negates any auto-hit effects |  +1 Keen | +2 Savvy | +3 Acc | +3 Eva | 5 dmg

Edited by Atzo
damage was a point too high

Raina sang as she walked through the village on floor 9 looking for her lovely crimson haired man. Her angelic melody whispered through the town like something out of a fairy tale. She had spent the day exploring the village, as normally this floor would be way out of her league, but she had her hunk of a knight protecting her so she was not worried. She continued to sing as she walked through the village trying her best to spot Atzo. In her hand was a picnic basket she held on to with dear life. Inside were various foods and drinks she had prepared for their lunch, hoping to brighten his day just a little. She stopped singing as she looked into the basket to make sure she had everything. "Hmm. Maybe I packed too much?" She said out loud. " Oh well. He better eat up! I spent all night making this." She continued with a pouty look on her face. 

She continued her song as she continued her search, her long pink haired fluttering in the breeze as she moved. It was obvious to anyone there except maybe the girl herself, that she was quite a sight. Her matured form had definitely caught the eye of many a player, not that she would realize. Her heart belonged to one man only. Dressed in her pure white laced wedding dress that she had custom made for her, she was definitely out of place with how the others players dressed. She did not mind, this was a game after all. Even if there was a chance of actual death she refused to be anyone but herself, plus she liked how she looked in it. She finally caught site of her beloved a little down from her, sitting on a bench. She took off running towards him calling, "Atzoooooo! I'm here!" She said as she managed to trip and slam face first into the ground with a big thud sending the picnic basket flying towards him.  

@Atzo @Cordelia

Spoiler

Stats:LVL 8, HP : 160/160 ENERGY: 16 DMG:2, EVA:2, THRN:7 RGN: 9 REC: 1 MIT: 9 BLT: 12

Edited by Raina

She wasn't really sure what she had just witnessed. Seriously, she just bent down to pick up some and then saw something straight out of a movie.

It looked like something straight out of a money grabbing shojo manga. Why-- why was she wearing a wedding-- yeah she wasn't really going to question the types of fashion in SAO anymore. 

"Good Samaritan, good Samaritan," she whispered, squeezing her eyes shut before she exhaled silently. 

"Go wait at the exit," she murmured, side glancing at Pacco before he raised his wings and fluttered off, leaving a small trail of black feathers in his wake. Yeah, she wasn't sure if that was a health issue or not, but he seemed fine to her so she was just going to assume that was his new mechanic now.

The platinum-haired player sniffed as she walked over to the face-planted girl. She crouched down, the fabric of her thin white haori barely touching the ground as she tilted her head. "You okay there?"

ID: 135725
LD: 12+3=15, Materials Found

1/5

didn’t seem like there was much going on this floor. Though Atzo could see why, it was a rough place to be. The intense heat made it a poor place to live or set up shop. He looked throughout the square at what was around him. He briefly observed someone who appeared to be a player, the thing that seemed to stand out most was her hair, it wasn’t everyday that you would see someone with white hair. Him completely ignoring the fact that his was bright red.

It wasn’t long after that when he heard the click clack of heels moving quicker than anyone should be moving when wearing 6-inch heels. He waited for a moment not thinking too much of it, after all she refused to wear anything else. At least they made it easy for him to know when she was coming. He was surprised she had beat him to the meet-up area. He heard her shout for him, and he stood, he had a smile on his face. He had intended to give her a hug once he could. He turned around just in time to watch her trip and fall face first onto the ground. He jogged over to her, watching as the white-haired woman do the same, though she seemed to get there before him. “You alright Raina?” he said giving her a smile and doing his best to help her up. “I keep telling you, you really need to stop wearing high heals everywhere.” He said jovially. He looked to the other player who had come to check on Raina. “Excuse me, miss, could you hand me that picnic basket?” He spoke with an almost cheerful tone. He was still getting accustomed to it himself, the whole idea of being somewhat cheerful still new to him.

@Raina @Cordelia

Her face was flushed with embarrassment and slight marks from the ground. She just laid on the ground for a minute, too embarrassed to get up. Once again she made a fool of herself in front other players, made a fool of herself in front of her beloved Atzo. She heard a faint sound of shoes against the cobblestone and the sound of a girl's voice asking if she was okay. She sat up and sniffled a little with a sad look on her face. "No...*sniff*.. I did it again. Why do I only ever fall outside of combat? Maybe I should pay more attention..." She said until she realized Atzo was there as well. "No woman wants to wear shoes with heels less then six inches Atzo!" she said as she pouted. "Oh no! The picnic basket! Where did it go!" She continued as she got up quickly only to stumble into Atzo's arms. "I did not lose our lunch did I? I worked all night on it." She said as her iridescent pink hair fell in front of her face. 

It was a mystery to her why she was so clumsy outside of combat. It was almost like she was not focused enough to keep her self from being a klutz. Even with her gymnast background she still always seemed to trip and fall in the worst ways. "Thank you for your concern." She said to the platinum haired girl as she finally turned her head to see her."Sorry that I am such a ditz." She continued as she wiped tears from her eyes. 

@Atzo @Cordelia

So Raina was her name? Cordelia pulled a blank face as she watched a crimson-haired player come into view. She looked at him before smiling softly, nodding her ahead. Yep. . . this was some kinda of romance manga for sure. 

She brushed her lap off before standing up. As she went to go get the basket, she looked over her shoulder. She had to admit it was a bit concerning that this girl had been equipped with heels of all shoes. Like, why? Of all things you could wear, heels? She softly shook her head before giving an exasperated sigh. This game allowed too much creative freedom. . .

"Here," she said plainly, handing the players the picnic basket before blinking at the sight. Well damn, now she felt like some kinda of third wheel. Maybe this was how people felt when they were with her and Oscar. . ?

"No woman wants to wear shoes with heels less then six inches, Atzo!"

Yeah, about that. . . She gave an inaudible sigh. It's not like she hasn't worn them before, but hell, did she detest them. She was already a taller than average girl who really did not need to gain any more height. 

"It's no problem, happens to the best of us, I guess," she shrugged, offering the pinkette a small smile.

ID: 135726
LD: 11+3=14, Fail

Atzo got up observing the situation. He thought about how standard this had become, their relationship was unusually cliché. He liked it that way though, it helped him make sense of things. Plus, he figured they fell into the part well. Raina fell backward once more after standing. He reached out to catch her almost instinctually. Once he had gotten Raina to her feet, he gave her a smile. “Don’t worry, nothing happened to the food you made.” He smiled grabbing the picnic basket from the other player. “Thank you, I don’t think I have seen you around before. I am Atzo, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” He then turned to Raina. “I really don’t know how you fight in those, if I am being honest. I mean, you are graceful when you do but still…” He turned back to the other player, “So, if you don’t mind me asking, what brings you to floor 9? Its not really a place I can see a lot of people going to with the intention of just looking around. After all, the heat here can really take a toll on someone who doesn’t have survival.” Atzo looked to Raina “That is something we need to take you on, maybe once we are done on this floor I can make you some over health potions and we can take The Traveler. It’s a nice skill to have… Speaking of which how are you not burning up in your armour? I removed mine when I got here do to the heat.”

@Raina @Cordelia

Raina smiled and blushed as Atzo held her tightly and reassured her about the food. It was a nice feeling to have someone care for her again. Atzo then proceeded to slightly scold her about her choice of attire, especially her heels. She held her head down a little and said, "When I am not super excited I am fine in them I swear, I used to be a gymnast in real life remember? It is not the heels I swear. It is just me being a ditz and getting over excited. I promise I will try and be better." She said as she pouted a little. 

She turned her head to the girl who helped her by retrieving the basket. "I appreciate the help. Like he said He is my fiancee Atzo, and I am Raina. Sorry if I was a little embarrassing. I'll try to do better." Raina said as she placed her hand on Atzo's chest before turning to him. "And just what is wrong with my outfit Atzo. I am perfectly fine dressed the way I am! Are you telling me you do not like it?"  She said before flipping her hair out of her face. 

@Atzo @Cordelia

Edited by Raina

"Ah, likewise. I'm Cordelia," she said smoothly, cracking a small smile as she pulled on a small piece of material from the cracks beneath her. Only a few more to go!

"Oh, I was just going to go on a quest to get a quest item," she shrugged. "I have Survival too, so I'll be fine. It's only warm for me," she mumbled, laughing to herself as she rubbed the back of her neck. 

"It's not a problem. I know a couple of people who do the same exact things as you," she chuckled, her mind warping into the clouds for a second before she came back to earth. She looked down at her haori and sighed. She was concerned just as much as Atzo was. 

"Say. . ." she murmured, rubbing her chin as she looked at the two players. "Are you two busy? I've been looking for people to join me on my quest. I get bored pretty easily, and you guys don't have to attack the mob if you don't want to, it's completely up to you."

ID: 135728
LD: 17, Materials Found
2/5

Atzo chuckled “Yeah, I know.” He put his hand on her head. “You are doing perfectly fine don’t worry.” He smiled at her, then she defended her choice in attire. “Hey, don’t be going putting words in my mouth nowAtzo said playfully. “I am merely concerned that you would get hot in that, seeing as this floor is notorious for being hot. I quite like your choice in attire if I am being honest”

Atzo turned to Cordelia and smiled. “I would love to accompany you, you seem pretty capable so I am not worried about really getting damaged too badly, though I’m sure evasion would help anyway.” He figured she was close to becoming a frontliner if she wasn’t one already. She gave him a similar impression to that of the impression Shield gave him when they first met. He wondered if that was just the sort of way that most of the frontliners acted or if he was just overthinking it. “What quest is it? There aren’t that many on this floor right?”

@Raina @Cordelia

Raina felt a little embarrassed as Atzo placed his hand on her head and told her she was fine and then went on to embarrass her about his love of her choice of attire. The platinum haired girl then proceeded to ask them to tag along with her, a request that struck fear in Raina's heart. She took a small step back and hid slightly behind Atzo, clinging to his arm, like a scared child, pressing her body against his out of comfort. "But..  but.. I am really not.. strong enough for this floor." She said quietly. "I am a little scared." She continued to say almost inaudibly.

She clung so tight to Atzo it almost seemed like she was trying to steal all the warmth of his body. She laid her head against his back, worried about what might happen on this. She did not trust her skills enough to handle this floor just yet, but if Atzo thought it was something they could handle she would go. 

@Atzo 

"Oh yeah," she exclaimed, waving her hand up and down as she gave him a childish grin. "I'm well on my way to the frontlines, I could probably be there at the next boss fight, too. Though, since the mobs stats correlate to mine, I'm going to have to say that you two should stay back, or at least let me get aggro of it," she warned, giving them a small smile before she scratched her chin. "Er, I think it was called Burning Phoenix Feathers? Something like that, I think. We just have to fight a huge flaming bird, which frankly, isn't the worst thing I've fought on this floor," she shuddered, remembering the time she had fought a much larger version of Leeroy and Jenkins, only with a 'nother frekin' head!

Cordelia tilted her head as she looked over at Raina, who had started to hide behind her fiance. "Oh, don't worry, I'm sure you'll be fine. I'll take all the hits, okay? Though, just in case, do you have any evasion or mitigation on that dress of yours?" She asked, furrowing her brows, catching a glint of metal from under her feet. She sighed before pulling a piece of material from under her boot before tucking it away in her inventory. Booty.

ID: 135727
LD: 20, Materials Found
3/5

Atzo laughed at Cordelia’s sentiment. “I believe that! There are a few challenging quests on this floor that I am aware of.” He thought for a moment, “Oh are you part of a quild? I think Shield was going to try and form a frontline guild, it seems like they would make it easier to level up.” Raina seemed scared about the prospect of this fight; she was right to be scared. She had hid herself slightly behind him, though from his experience with the high level players he knew they would have nothing to worry about.

He smiled and put his hand on Raina’s hand. “Don’t worry, if her goal is to get to the frontlines and get everyone out of the game then her goals alien with ours, right? This will be a good chance to taste the power of a high-level player. Plus, this might give you the chance to try out your First Aid!” He then looked to Cordelia, “We are ready when you are, please lead the way!”

@Raina @Cordelia

Raina peaked a little behind Atzo as the girl spoke to her asking about her gear. "I... my dress has evasion and mitigation, plus so does my shield." She said as she opened her hud and equipped a small ornate shield. one that looked more ornate then anything else. "I guess if I just focus on healing, I should be okay." She continued, clearly still worried. Atzo placed his hand on her head and she blushed an ever familiar crimson, one not much different than Atzo's striking hair. "Okay.. let's do this. Everything will work out I am sure. I am counting on you Lady Cordelia." 

She stay snuggled up to Atzo, still a little worried, but trying to remain positive. Cordelia was strong and beautiful, it was a real inspiration for her.  "Maybe.. just maybe she could teach me how to be strong, like her." Raina thought to herself. 

@Atzo @Cordelia

Edited by Raina

Cordelia shook her head. "No, I'm not in one at the moment. I really don't find any point in joining at the moment, but I might once I get to the front lines. I'm sure they'll be more useful up there. I don't think they're very useful to me at this point in time," she sighed. She forgot to mention how little guilds there were are the moment, and the ones that were still standing are barely active at all. Most people who join guilds are really just there for the buffs that the guild offers, which if you ask her, is a completely and utter ridiculous reason to join a guild.

Whatever floats their boat, she guessed.

"Oh, neat. So are you like some support evasion tank?" She asked, tilting her head as she gave the girl a small smile. "That's pretty cool, actually. I'm sure you'll be great if you make it to the frontlines," she beamed, giving the girl a thumbs up. 

She smiled softly and nodded her head. "Alright, just follow after me. My familiar should already be at the spot," she hummed, gesturing over to the town exit before she headed off.

Thank God the trip wasn't too far away. Really, it wasn't too far away at all. Maybe like a five to ten minute walk away from the town? It was both concerning and convenient.

Black feathers rained down as her raven familiar swooped in from above-- and still, she wasn't sure if that was concerning or not. "Alright," she said with a grin, unsheathing her katana and plunging the blade into the ground as she turned back to the two lovers, placing her hand calmly on the hilt of her sword. "The thing should spawn in anytime now. I didn't have too much information on this quest but the stats, so stay back until I get the first hit, okay?" She asked right before a burst of hot air rippled through the area around them, sending bits of rock and gravel away.

"It's here!" She called, ripping her katana out of the rocky ground just as a shrill shriek rang from above, alerting the player's attention.

Her eyes widened for a fraction. "Holy shi-- it's bigger than I thought it would be," she muttered, frowning. She was not joking. This thing had to have been bigger than a whole ass pickup truck. Damn you Hynes! You had one job! 

She looked over her shoulder and shrugged sheepishly before she turned back to the flaming bird. "It's just a minor inconvenience, don't worry about it."

Her long locks of platinum hair whipped in the wind as she dashed in for an attack, darting left and right and left and right before sprinting off of the ground, her katana hovering way over her head as she brought the blade down on the bird, launching it towards the ground with a loud crack before it let out an ear piercing scream, launching its body off of the ground once more.

"Alright, I got it down to half health," she murmured, landing softly at the two as she got into a defensive position. "Let's see what you two got!"

☆-☆

ID: 135485
BD: 8, Hit | 17x15= 255-50= 205 DMG 400-205= 195
MD: 1, Miss

[1] Cordelia: HP: 820/820 | EN: 80/80 | 17 DMG | 12 MIT | 5 ACC | 4 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 3 LD | 4 HLY
[0] Atzo: ???
[0] Raina: ???

Phoenix: HP: 195/400 | 120 DMG | 50 MIT | 2 EVA | 2 ACC

Atzo followed along quietly, allowing the two to talk. He wasn’t really worried about saying anything, not that he had much to say. Plus, the two seemed to be getting along nicely so there was no real reason for him to butt in.

He watched in awe as the large flaming bird rose from the ground, it took him a moment to shake off the trance he was in, he was stuck in pure astonishment, he had never encountered a mob this big before. He completely missed his chance to charge too. “I can try to attack but I don’t think I will do anything.”

Atzo geared up to attack activating his <<Fight Blade>> sword art as he lunged at the phoenix. The heat radiating off of the large bird was almost unbearable. He stayed close only long enough to finish his attack before swiftly jumping back far enough to get back to where he was in line with the rest of the party. Suddenly the general air on the floor didn’t seem so bad. He smiled as the bird fell to the ground paralyzed. “Well I did maybe one damage? At least the stun set in, that should help, I can keep those coming, though that is about all I can do.” He said with a chuckle. It concerned him how powerful this thing must be, he figured that he might be able to survive one attack from it but that was probably all he could. He was more worried about the fact that it could easily wipe out Raina.

Roll&DMG

Spoiler

135590 8 (Roll) + 3 (Acc) - 2 (Eva) = 9 (Hit) DMG: 5 (Base) * 6 (Fight Blade) - 50 (Mit) = 1 DMG + Stunned 

[1] @Cordelia: HP: 820/820 | EN: 80/80 | 17 DMG | 12 MIT | 5 ACC | 4 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 KEEN | 4 HLY
[1] Atzo: 460/460 HP | 40/46 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 1 Keen | 1 Savvy | 9 BH
[0] @Raina: ???

Phoenix: HP: 194/400 | 120 DMG | 50 MIT | 2 EVA | 2 ACC (Stunned)

Edited by Atzo

"Support evasion tank? Is that what I am? Sure, I'm quick and my gear has evasion and mitigation, but a tank, that seems unlikely for me. Is it something I can do?" She thought to herself listening to the words spoken by Cordelia. She really had not thought of how she wanted to play, but a quick and speedy type seemed to be her style, with her gymnastic training and all. Raina stumbled and was quite startled when the monster appeared causing her to almost lose her balance. It was a large bird made of blazing flames, hotter then anything she had ever felt before. "You... you have got to be kidding me!" She called out, freaked out a bit by the monster. "How are we supposed to defeat this thing?" She continued as she unsheathed her blade and tried her best to regain her composure. 

"What do I do... what do I do... Jesus, what can I do?" She said quietly, trying her best to figure out how to handle this creature. She watched as Cordelia seemed to heavily damage the bird and even Atzo was able to stun it. "Wow you are amazing!" She said to Cordelia and then looked at Atzo. "Good job love! I'll... I will be on standby in case someone needs healing!" She finished speaking not knowing was else she could do to help.

Player Stats

Spoiler

Raina

HP: 200/200 Energy: 20/20 Damage: 4 EVA: 2 THRN: 7 RGN: 9 REC: 1 MIT: 9 BLT: 12

@Cordelia @Atzo

Cordelia gave Atzo a nervous smile when she watched him barely chip away at the phoenix's healthbar. "A-ah, it's quite alright," she murmured, chuckling to herself before she averted her gaze.

Yeesh, they were more leveled than she thought. It was fine though. An attack from her one more time should be able to do it.

"Stand by for a second," she called, looking over to Atzo and Raina one last time before she charged off towards the fiery bird once more. 

Eyes glowing a deep red, she drove her katana into the bird's chest, creating a large red gash of gridded lines. She inhaled sharply as the phoenix let out a valiant shriek before dispersing into a cloud of blue crystals. 

The girl dropped to the ground, letting out a relieved sigh as she sheathed her katana. "Darn, it didn't drop anything good," she murmured, disappointed with her lack of luck on the loot part, but at least she got the name tag. 

She looked over to Raina and Atzo with a small smile. "Well, it's been fun fighting with you guys. Both of you have great potential, really," she commented, walking over the two with a soft laugh. "I'll see you too later, I guess," she shrugged, opening her menu to send a friend request to the two before she walked off, giving them a back hand wave before calling out, "and make sure to invite me to the wedding!"

☆-☆

ID: 135629
BD: 7, Hit

[1] Cordelia: HP: 820/820 | EN: 80/80 | 17 DMG | 12 MIT | 5 ACC | 4 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 3 LD | 4 HLY

Phoenix: HP: 0/400 | 120 DMG | 50 MIT | 2 EVA | 2 ACC

ID: 135641
LD: 4
CD: 11

2000 Col
2 T1 Materials

Atzo stood back and admired Cordelia’s swordsmanship. He watched as the large bird came crashing to the ground. “You’re amazing, its astonishing to see the shear difference in ability when it comes to level. I couldn’t even scratch it and yet you destroy it in a total of two hits.” Atzo smiled, wondering just how long it would take him to get there himself. “It was nice meeting you!” He then turned to Raina. “Well, let’s go have that picnic, shall we?” He smiled at Raina, offering his hand to her. It was good that they got to see that. The power they saw was enough to light a spark in Atzo. That was his goal, get to the front lines. If Cordelia wasn’t actually on the front lines yet, then just how powerful were those on the front lines? What would it be like to make it there? He smiled to himself. ‘I need to get there; I need to prove that I am worth all the help I have been give. Shield, Stryder, Hikoru, Hydra, Eatos, Raina, Beat, and so many more that have been there for me. They helped me get this far, now I need to prove that their investment wasn’t in vain. I need to get to the front lines not just for me but for them, them and everyone else that is stuck in this game.’

@Raina @Cordelia