[OP-F24] Start of a New Spring

Drq5oBJ.thumb.png.25a994fe9c44e3ffb24eaf961416e812.png

The Sun is shining and the birds are singing, a nice breeze goes over the island that floats above the water held up by small but strong pinpoint bars. On top of that a few houses and shops. One of the houses has been bought by someone and that someone was Me Shion. On the outside of the wall and next to the gate sits a sigh reading Kikenna Estate. While at the gate two guards seemed to have been posted staring in front of them eying everyone who got close. Looking past the gate you can see the entrance to the house with Black roofs and white walls. A typical Japanese style house with a side house connected to it. It's not the biggest house there is but it has everything that is needed for a good time, I think. In the garden stands an extra place where you can see a forge and a pond. The Pond itself seems empty but there is room for someone to swim in it. The forge, on the other hand, seems to have tables close to it and food standing on those tables. Some fish, steaks, chips, sweets, greens, and salades. There were all kinds of it for sure, at the forge stood an NPC in butler clothing as well as two ladies in maids outfits. They had both a plate with drinks on them while the butler was holding a towel and walked around helping the guests around the estate if they needed.

How did I get this place? was the one and the only question now. But for now, my main goal was to get people to join here and get to know me or at least have some food while they are here. Wearing a light blue jacket and white corset as well as some black shorts. I looked into the mirror and nodded, This is what it takes to get stronger and gain allies if they want to meet me they will come I have nothing to lose here now. I thought and got myself in the mood, only because I got to eat so many things while I was at it. Walking around on the front yard a bit I looked at the open gates a bit nervous but kicked myself out of it before anyone could see me. I have done this I can do it. Putting my hands behind my back as I stood in the front yard close to the gate waiting for people to show up. It must have gone well as I did put down some requests down.

The request reads as followed.

Start of a New Spring,

By here you have been invited to join me on the 24th floor on the island floating on the coordinates of X:122 Y:293. Once you come there, find the Estate by the name of Kikenna. Don't mind the guards they will let you pass. There will be a gathering in and around my house, In the garden, there will be a BBQ with already prepared food and also food that can be still made. If you don't fancy the normal stuff or calm pond in my garden there is always a training hall where you can challenge people to a first hit fight.

Spoiler

Shion's outfit.

db3e1i9-7a79a18f-5b06-4373-ba41-6c3a8c40d260.thumb.png.c1715bd287e89ec639648d1ec56f5c4d.png

No items equipt at all

Edited by Azhoda

"Geeze, the breadth of this place must be as wide as, if not wider than the entire Azure Brigade guild hall. I guess there's been some changes that really made players want to invest in homes again."

Getting off of the connecting bridge to the coordinates given in the message he had received the bluenette turned his gaze skyward for a moment, a faint streak of blue moving across the sky passing through his vision. Roc quickly descended back to hovering about fifty feet above the ground, the blue peregrine falcon wanting to get a better view of the place the two were traveling to. "I only met Shion once before, if you could even consider that a meeting. What it mostly involved was small exchanges while our team focused on closing portals."

Wearing his casual combat attire, Calrex continued forward towards the one spot marked as "Kikkenna", seeing the two guards mentioned, "Dangerous...interesting choice for a name, although I can't tell if this is supposed to be some form of juxtaposition." Taking a hand out of his jacket he raised it in greeting as they took a step to the side, allowing him entry. "So there should be a gathering..."

Taking a few more steps into the compound the Ultramarine Knight felt a bead of sweat form on the side of his head as he looked left and right for a moment, seeing no one else in sight, "Am I the first one here?"

"Okay if that's the case...Shion's supposed to be...where at the moment?"

"A doorbell might be really useful right now..."

Cordelia deadpanned, looking up from her HUD and at the dojo-style looking home. Well damn, she was going to stick out like a sore thumb here. She looked down at her slightly oversized tee-shirt, tucked into denim shorts and sighed. Well, it was too late to go back now.

Azhoda, Azhoda. Yes, she remembered her. Well, of course she did. Her memory wasn't that crappy. 

Her lips tilted downward. So she wasn't kidding about the guards, huh? Were they NPCs or something-- 

She held her hands up and blinked casually. "Sorry to interrupt, but I am a messenger from Lord Booty Bottom. It is urgent news for Ms. Azhoda," she said, her face passive as she looked between the two guards. Well, she didn't expect that, and apparently neither did they, so she just took that moment to slip in the walls. Neh, they probably would've let her in anyway.

The blonde player raised her hands above her head as she stretched her back.

This might be the last stop on her time away from leveling up. . . wow, how long has it been since she's actually done something productive in here? Wait, no-- eating food is productive!

She tapped her finger against her lip and sighed. Alas, all journeys must come to a close at some point. She guessed this place wasn't too bad of a last stop, plus, there was free. Food. What could be better? Especially since she burned through her cash on that damn tour, but it was totally worth it! 

She looked down at Agni and sighed. "I bet you're excited to finally be back to leveling up, huh?" She muttered, scratching her familiar behind the ears before she looked at the front gates of the house. 

"Uh, hi there!" She said joyfully, waving at both of the guards before she shuffled through the gates. "Bye, bye!"

Raina walked towards the manor doing her best to avoid any spots that may attract aggro. She was severely under leveled for this floor, but the flyer just seemed so enticing, and really she just needed to try and be social. She could not just rely on Atzo and his friends for social graces. She really was not sure what to wear so she just stuck to her lacy white wedding dress, mor out of comfort and security then anything else. She sighed as she continued to trek towards the gate. "Come on Raina, you got this. You do not need Atzo here to keep you calm. Besides maybe you will see someone you know," She said to herself. 

A slight breeze picked up sending her hair flying around in a erratic manner as she finally made it to the gate and noticed the guards. "Well hello there, I was told anyone could come this BBQ?" She said with as much confidence as she could muster as she held up the flyer. The guards just looked at her and let her in, never saying a word. "Jeez, what are they applying to be part of the Queen's guard?" She said as she shook her head and continued inside. 

An invitation. Fliers spread throughout the floor - if you could call a vast collection of islands a floor. A mansion, staggering in both its scale and beauty. 

And the tantalizing promise of a barbeque. Pinball must have reread the thing twenty times, just to make sure he wasn't imagining it. When was the last time he'd had good, player-made food? Or even if it wasn't player-made, when was the last time he'd eaten something with some flavor? It felt like for months, the only thing he'd eaten was the plain, unseasoned taste of fish and wild game. Sometimes, if he was lucky, he'd been able to spice it with herbs. Most of the time he hadn't been so fortunate. 

So this event seemed almost too good to be true. 

The only problem? It was a social gathering. And Pinball would probably be about as welcome to the party as a Nazi at a bar mitzvah. 

But Pinball was serious about this. He was dedicated. By God, he was going to get his share of this barbeque - out of spite, if nothing else. He promised himself that. With a solemn nod, Pinball got down to business. 

The first thing he had to do was scope the place out. There weren't exactly any prominent vantage points to speak of - it was a walled sort of property, and there were two guards stationed on its perimeter, by the front entrance. A bit useless, with such a big area to cover, huh? Maybe they were just for show. The rich loved their flash. He couldn't make out their cursor color from the distance he kept between them, so whether they were Player or NPC, Pinball had no clue. It didn't matter, anyhow. They'd be all too easy to bypass. The problem would really come down to sneaking around the people roaming around - but he'd burn that bridge when he came to it.  

Getting in was simple. Head around to one of the sides, get a running start, and kick yourself up onto and then over the wall. With Cardinal and his level working in tandem to massively exaggerate his dexterity, the normally insurmountable obstacle was all too easy to surmount. He hit the ground quietly, and the hunt was on. He could smell the food in the air already, see the dotted silhouettes of people making their way inside. 

There were trees where he'd dropped. He swung around one, pressing his back against the cool bark, and faded away into nothing. 

This was just the beginning. 

Action Taken: [Hiding] 
Stealth: ID#135182 LD: 2+7= 9 Stealth Rating 

But he's nowhere near the entrance and behind a tree. Try it, I dare you. 
Death to those who'd take my ribs away from me. 

Edited by Pinball

"Hm?"

It wasn't long after the bluenette arrived that heard the footsteps of people entering the gates behind him, "At least it wasn't too long between. That would have been awkward if I got here too early..."

Giving a small sigh he returned his hands back into his jacket pockets, turning so that the new arrivals would be in his vision. It was quick for him to recognize one of the three, being the other girl that accompanied their team during the invasion that assisted with closing portals, "I guess at least there's two familiar faces for this event then."

Raising his right hand to acknowledge and greet the three Calrex walked over at a casual pace, a calm smile on his face. With that he addressed the one he had previously met first "Good to see you again, Cordelia right? Hope things have been going well."

With that he turned to the other two, "I don't believe we've met before, but it's nice to meet you all. I'm Calrex...and I have no clue where the host is at the moment, heh."

Atzo walked around the 24th floor for a few hours. He had been having trouble sleeping and decided at around 4am that it would be a good time to explore. He had found it very interesting that the entire floor was covered in water. Eventually he walked to the bulletin board and saw that there was an open invitation to partake in a gathering and a barbeque. It seemed like it might be a good place to attempt to reconnect with his old friends. He opened his friends list, only one name on it. He was starting to regret clearing it off before he took his year long ‘hike’.  He opened his map, locating a good rout to the approximant location. He always seemed to prefer to use means other than opening his menu. Though when given coordinates there is no real way to pinpoint a location without a map. Once he knew where he was going to go, he started on his way casually strolling toward the location. It took him a good amount of time if for no other reason than because he kept stopping to admire the vast ocean. He enjoyed feeling the cool breeze.

Once he finally arrived, he noticed the presence of guards. They didn’t seem to flinch as he walked past the gate, he hadn’t realized that you could employ npc servants when you had an estate. He made a mental note of that as he kept walking. The house was magnificent, he wondered where the designer was from, though he had a suspicion. Approaching the yard, he walked slowly, scanning the crowd. He saw Raina which was surprising for sure. He walked around the edge yard, scanning to see if there was anything else out of the ordinary. He saw a face he thought he had seen before, he tried to place it. He stood staring right at Pinball for a moment, his mind racing through people. Attempting to remember who it was. He landed on a hunch and approached, doubling down was the only option at this point. "How's it going, Pinball?"

Edited by Atzo

He must be seeing ghosts. 

Why else would Atzo, of all people, so leisurely stroll up to adress him? It wasn't as if Pinball was anywhere near the entrance of the mansion, either. It would have been quite a bit of a walk to make it to where Pinball stood lurking. But here he was, in front of him, relaxed - the man who'd started it all. The man he barely knew. 

For a moment, all he could do was gawk. 

And then he stirred, something inside of him shifting, and he revealed himself fully to him. Orange cursor and all. He wasn't armed at the moment, and he wore no armor - but there was a certain relaxation in his form that betrayed him. His stance was too relaxed. Deceptively so. Pinball wouldn't return the greeting. Instead, he'd set his jaw, his gaze dropping an inch. 

"I suggest you forget seeing me here. Understand?" 

And he'd take a step away. Wordlessly, he'd run up the side of the tree, using that momentum to kick off and hit the top of the wall. By then, it was only a matter of pulling himself up and swinging his legs over. Without so much as a noise, Pinball would drop on the other side of the mansion, once more safely outside its perimeter. 

Atzo. Here. Where had he been, all of this time? And why did he meet him now, of all times? 

Try as he might, Pinball struggled to ease the heavy beating of his heart.

Stealth: ID#135917 LD: 1+7= 8 (You're kidding me) 

Pinball jumps outside of the mansion's wall again. Still nowhere near the entrance - far from it, in fact 
leave me alone i want my ribs 

also atzo im coming back for you later 

Edited by Pinball

Well, first come first serve, I thought and after a bit of waiting, I looked passed some of the trees in the front garden and got a bit of hope. It seems that at least someone came to join my invite. It was not just someone it was Calrex who I met, I really didn't know him that much but I knew that he was Calrex at least. Shortly after getting myself around the front garden it seems like a few other people have come to join him to be sure three other people. One of them I knew the rest was all a bit unknown to me, Alright Shion, You can do it. Just like your presentations nothing hard about that, be yourself and he a host. Thinking like this made me fill up with confidence and with my hands still behind my back, I walked to the group gathering there.

"Hello all, and welcome to my place. I see you all gathered here, why not join me in the garden with the pond and the Barbeque." I said to them making a small bow to greet them as I normally would to people who I met, Yes I have been thought this by my parents deal with it."Oh, Yeah sorry I forgot, For those who don't know me. I'm Shion Kikenna Or Azhoda if you please," I said as I turned slowly getting ahead of myself again. I waved over to come and follow me. As I did so for a split second I could have sworn I saw someone walking in stealth, better keep my eye out then, I never knew when that player killer came around to make a show again.

Leading the group over to the garden, as we walked into my house to the other side of the room past my kitchen and sort of living room. Once on the other side, you could see the pond and more into the garden following the path you saw the forge with the tables and the three NPC as they started moving as soon as we got into the garden. "Welcome, There is the pond you can dip your feet safely if it gets to warm. Over in the back is food with the forge, I thought why not use the Forge as BBQ, so It kind of worked. And right there is the training hall," I said pointing to all the locations and for the training hall, I pointed to the left side as we came out from the house. At that given moment the two maids walked up with a smile asking if the players wanted a drink, "Naah I don't need one, I'll be right back tho," I said as I left the group to see if I could see anyone else that has joined the gathering.
@Calrex @Cordelia @Spangie @Raina

Getting back to the front I saw someone, Yep I knew it another person. I walked over them and stood next to them, very quiet as he looked at nothing, there was just a wall there. "Hello there!" I Said to him all a sudden probably a bit to scare him as I did walk up quiet. "You must be another guest, The name is Shion Kikenna, a pleasure to meet you," I said making a bow to him. "The rest of the people are over in the garden come on join too." Saying this I grabbed his arm and dragged him with me to the garden around the house where the rest of the people were. "Don't worry its just a small gathering for now so no need to be scared," I said this as I was still holding on to his arm dragging him with me to the back. I did so until we came to the pond close to the rest of the people already there. "Welcome, as you can see there are not many people yet but if you need help ask the Butler or me. Food is in the back at the forge and training hall is right there." I said as I let go of his arm not even releasing I grabbed his arm as I just did it.
@Atzo

340px-Ryoma_Dancing_Samurai_Face.webp.png?version=b4a7db43e5aabc0524794ec8046d1f1eBaldur stood out front before the guards for a long moment, just admiring the structure before him.

This is a really beautiful mansion, and a great floor to put it on. I love the idea of being up on these platform island too. Maybe I should finally get one.

It would certainly help with the upcoming floor boss fight, if the 25th floor had been any indication of the fight they were about to have. Still, what better than a party and some food and company to set his warrior spirit at ease before the coming life or death battle.

He was dressed differently from normal. He wasn't going to be leaving a safezone, and there was something rude in his mind about showing up to the home of someone he had just met armed for battle. As if he didn't trust them as a host. Even though it was Cardinal that enforced the rules of <<settlement>> in which the house resided. No one could get hurt here, and no one could really get into the house without the permission of the host, though he supposed she left her door open so anyone could come in.

The Gaijin Samurai nodded casually to the two guards, an acknowledgement somehow came from him naturally even though they were NPCs, and then proceeded into the house where he was greeted by the eager fire haired woman he had met just recently.

"Ohayo once again, Shion-chan. Thank you for inviting me to your home."

It seemed rude to him to come without a gift, so he materialized from his inventory a jug of sake.

"I wasn't sure if you had made an offering to the Kamidana of your home yet." He offered the large jug to her with a smile, "This is a rare brand of sake which only comes about during the fall festival. I have tried to be sparing with mine, but I bought a few for special occasions, and solemn ones." For a moment, Baldur remembered pouring sake for Azide. He also remembered pouring sake when he had tried to reason with Opal. He had poured the sake on a stone, representing the grave of their friendship. He forced the memory aside and flashed Shion a smile.

"This is a beautiful home you have here. I'm thinking about getting one too. Perhaps we'll even be neighbors."

@Azhoda

Spoiler

NIGHT:
so there's this barbeque

Bistro:
That's nice. Making some new friends?

NIGHT:
no
you are
> Attachment (1)
its a flyer
isnt that cool

Bistro:
You think it's a system event?
NIGHT, that's cute. No, it's a player one, and I'm sure they've been well documented by now.

NIGHT:
you need a break

Bistro:
I do not.

NIGHT:
and so do i

Bistro:
I know when to take my breaks, NIGHT.

NIGHT:
you owe me one
i will literally drag you out of your shop

Bistro:
Amusing. Not the first time someone's made that threat.
I'm literally in the middle of some documentation right now.
I'd like to see you try.

- - - New Message - - -

NIGHT:
look outside

It was with Bistro's greatest displeasure that she was hauled to the scene of the crime. Plebians, all slacking off when there was work to be done. And now she would be categorized as one of them, as the dark adventurer kidnapped her from her desk and carried her over her shoulder towards this... party. Ugh. Why did she know so many adventurers, again?

Her job? Being dragged to parties was not her job.

"So, this counts as 'my best shot', right?" NIGHT began, and the informant knew how vile the smile on her cheeks were. "No. No it doesn't. You're just being mean about this." The woman blew at her fringe in a huff.

"Yeah," her enemy scoffed. "Just like how you are for your 'research'."

"Are you-- Are you still mad about the artisan thing?" Bistro groaned, struggling to escape the adventurer's hold. "It's literally my job? Don't you have yours?"

"Yeah. And today it's 'investigating' this player run event." A chuckle from behind. "Isn't that part of your job description too?"

"F**k you."

She watched the warrior stride past a number of plots, trying to reach for the concrete walls to slow her opponent down. When her captor leaned in close enough to one, Bistro thought she was capable of stalling the journey. Instead, NIGHT took a turn, forcefully ripping away her victim's grip from a corner as she entered the estate. The broker looked over her hands, now welcomed with red, painful fingers. Gods, I want to go home.

"Right," NIGHT said, stopping for a moment. They were opposite another plot's entrance, so her best guess was that unfortunately they were already there. "This is it, I think."

"Cool! So I can be set down now, right?"

"You leave when I say you can leave." A hum from the woman in dark. "... So like, give me two hours tops."

"Two--"

As the knight began to move again, shifting underneath the wooden entrance gate, Bistro sighed as her gaze met the guards', who eyed her every movement. Great, now she was the weird one. Maybe it was time to shift gears so she wouldn't make a fool of herself in public.

Her captor stopped, slowly unloading her cargo from her shoulders. Bistro hesitated to find her footing, grabbing onto NIGHT out of spite. It was to no avail, though; her kidnapper would rue the day with her agenda. "Right," the latter said, grinning from ear to ear. "There's the buffet table. What do you wanna eat?"

Bistro glanced over at the crowd of players, unimpressed. "Do you even know any of these people?"

"No." And with the evilest of grins she'd ever seen one make, NIGHT shoved the woman's form towards the strangers. "But you will."

Oh great yeah sure this is fine.

She returned the foulest face she could make to her 'friend' and trudged into the fray, hunched over in annoyance. At the very least, since she was already here, she could do herself the favour and help herself to food. It was a better warm up to (ugh, god) 'socializing' than whatever NIGHT herself must've been up to.

Now, who was here at this 'party'...?

Spoiler

Lv: 4 | BISTRO | HP: 80/80 | EN: 8/8 | ACC: 0 | DMG: 0 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 0 | LD: 3

>> Equipment

1. [T1E0] Standard-issue 1-Handed Straight Sword
  2. [T1E0] Casual Clothes
  3. [T1E3] Bien S'en Tirer | Jewelry | +3 LD
    "A collection of beads, feathers and a sewn cloth charm hooked onto a leather strap. It’s colorful, yet clutterfully serene at the same time."

>> Skills

1. - - -
  2. - - -

>> Battle-Ready Inventory

1. - - -
  2. - - -
  3. - - -
  4. - - -
  5. - - -

>> Misc.

• - - -
Edited by Bistro

As he heard Shion come out and address the people present, turning around to face towards her as the young woman explained what was around her area to do. Returning his hands back to his jacket pockets the bluenette gave a nod before starting to follow the group through the house into the backyard. As the two maids appeared and started taking requests for beverages the Ultramarine Knight thought for a brief moment, "I guess some water will be good for now. Thank you very much."

Passing by Calrex made his way over to the repurposed forge, seeing the spread that was already laid out for the arrivals, "Dang...in the real world this would require a lot of prep work, probably at least a few hours in advance. It is really one of the benefits of being in a virtual reality game, some logic doesn't apply."

Hearing a soft screech from above he looked skyward for a moment to see Roc descend further in a hunting swoop before breaking his dive, now perching on the lower roof of the house, eyes on the crowd below, although the peregrine falcon's gaze did drift over to the forge as the scent of the cooking meats filled his sense of smell.

"Well for sure someone's hungry..."

Raina smiled as she looked around the BBQ and listening to people talk and mingle. A familiar streak of crimson came into view and she felt her heart flutter some. She grabbed two plates worth of food and walked over to her beloved. "Well, well, well! Guess someone could not stand for me to be alone." Raina said to the crimson haired man tauntingly. She was smiling big as she handed him a plate of food she went and got for them. "What are the odds we are both here Atzo?" She said awaiting the man's response. If she knew he was going to be here as well, she would of just came with him. "You could of said that you were going to be here and I could of just came with you." She continued, slightly pouting. 

She loved spending time with Atzo. He always made her feel safe, no matter the situation. They had been here for years now, trapped in this world of death. At least she was here with someone she loved. She did not know that she would ever meet someone like Atzo in this world, but she was happy that she did. 

Taking the new guests to the place of interest, I gave off a smile that turned to a blank stare for a second. Well, this is it, eeeh... What now. I was not sure how this would work more, I remember the first time I moved into my new apartment. That day my parents came to join me as well as my grandparents and cousins to congratulate me on a house, Everything was just family until Ryuusei came. What was it that he got me that day, it was a great thing to have for sure, um. Well, I do remember I was told to be careful if I did take it later.

As I was thinking about what it was I saw Baldur, the wannabe samurai get to the party. He seemed to be holding something as well as wearing some normal Japanese style clothing. Well, this gave me a bit of a smile as he walked up. Then as soon as he spoke the word my brain exploded with something. That was what Ryuusei got for me, Sake. "Ooh Hi! it is good to ... um, see you made it. Sorry if I am a terrible host I am no good at this whole party stuff." I paused and got a smile as he smiled as well. "You got sake with you, I was told to not have it unless I am around people I know. But I guess it doesn't matter here now as getting drunk was not something that could happen," I said to him with a smile. "Soo... Um if you need something just ask, Calrex seemed like he already made his way to the food at the forge. if you want I can show you around," I said as over to him as I didn't know what to do else.
@Baldur

But before I could say more people showed up, One of them looked a bit more familiar, but from where was quite a question. "Hold on Baldur I guess the job of a host got me doing something again," I said to him before putting my hands behind my back and walking up to the new people, "Hello there, My name is Shion Kikenna, Host and owner here. I do hope you will have a good time while being here, I got food in the back." I said making a small bow as greeting them. "please follow me," I said turning around and leading them past and into my house into the back garden. "Welcome um... Food is over there and um well have fun I guess."
@Bistro

And then ooh god, I need to get my head straight. This is many people who I don't know. Sure it can be seen as a presentation but it is more than just that. But nope I can't this is way more, I need a drink and alone time for a second. I made my way to the side of the training hall to well... I sat down at the entrance of the hall and looked out at everyone as one of the maids came up to me to give me a drink. Taking it I just stared into the glass for a good bit. How did I come up with this idea, I really don't know what I have done but this is not good. I can't do this, Socializing. Guess I just, yeah I take some energy out. I chucked the drink back and stood up walking into the training hall and taking a small training stick and began to jab and hit the dummy, Yeez this is a good distraction.

Edited by Azhoda

Baldur bowed slightly to Bistro once she had joined them, giving her a slight smile. He had never seen this girl before, not that that was unusual. The samurai had been out of the loop for a while, and there seemed to be more up and coming... heroes? adventurers? Survivors? Those with the fighting spirit. Perhaps she was another one, or just an acquaintance. For every person on the front line, there were hours of work to be done on crafts, and more than that on gathering. It took a small army to keep not just the front line moving, but the people who supported the front line.

"Konnichiwa. I am Baldur."

He then turned back to Shion, and gestured with his free hand.

"A tour would be lovely, but I also don't want to keep you from your guests. Is there any way that I can help?"

Baldur then proceeded to follow Shion as she took them into the garden. It was beautiful, and Baldur recognized several others over by the forge. @Calrex and @Cordelia were there, the other members of the hand holding group, as well as few people he didn't know. He turned to the familiar faces and gave them both a nod of his head, and then turned to the other people he didn't recognize.

"How about introductions? I am Baldur."

He gave the entire group a slight bow and a smile.

@Raina @Bistro @Atzo

Edited by Baldur

It wasn't long before the informant was approached by another player, introducing themselves as Shion, owner of the estate. And the player by her side -- Baldur, appearing to be of Japanese descent, if his looks weren't betraying his heritage. While they both made their first impressions alright, the woman found herself glaring back at where she figured NIGHT was skulking around in the shadows, a silent curse when their host tripped over their words. This is exactly why neither of us should be here...

"It's Bistro," the player finally managed to spit out, glancing back at Shion. "Sorry. I know you guys," she gestured over to the attendants, "aren't familiar with me. I'm just here to hang out and listen, that's all. I hope I'm not intruding."

I mean, I might as well be on duty here, the broker reasoned with herself, partially out of spite. There's always more work to be done.

It was a short trip to the forge and back, though the woman kept an ear out for what the other players would be talking about. When she returned, in her hand as she returned was a paper plate with a slice of pizza on it. Bistro glanced around, noticing a orange-haired lady absent from the pack, but chalked it up to more guests being welcomed in. Perhaps she'd look for them after introductions.

"I mostly hang out on the first floor. I'm not much for combat." A snap at her food, as the broker looked upon the players idly. "But it's nice to stretch my horizons once in a while, like today. What've you guys been up to, though?" She tilted her head, humming. Maybe the prompt was a little vague. Not like anyone was gonna talk if she wasn't specific enough. "I don't suppose any of you are from the front lines. There's not been a lot of news for a while since the 24th floor, so I've been wondering if there's been any movement on their part." She waved around her food a little. "Or what about any new players hitting the fields? Seen anyone of interest like that, lately?"

@Baldur @Raina @Atzo

With a wide swing hitting the dummy I threw the stick down to the ground and let out a sigh. Okay, Shion you got that out of your system now talk, um talk. It's not like I have trouble with human interactions or something but still, I can do much more than just talking about things. I just don't know what to talk about or how to talk about it. I only knew about engineering planes and let's say the system about this game a little bit, really apart from that, I really didn't know much more. With some sigh, I opened the door from the training hall and walked over to the people again.

"Sorry for my absence, I had to get something done. But At least I'm back here now,"  I turned to look at the faces and seemed to have just an emotionless face and just not much pay in mind. "So How have you been Baldur, Its been some little time but at least you are here," I said getting a small smile on my face as I asked him this. "So what are we talking about, If you people don't mind I would like to know a bit about you all, I'll start us off," Saying this I made a small bow again and smiled.

"As most of you already know, I'm Shion Kikenna, Yes that is my real name. I don't see any use in why not use my given name even if my nametag says Azhoda. This is the face of Shion and not Azhoda. So yeah. " I paused a bit and got out my spear a slim but strong one for sure, "This is my main weapon and the tool I use in combat, As well using Parry and Light armor I try to stay on my feet and move fast and deadly, A bit like a Class cannon build." I stopped and smiled a bit still holding my spear in my right hand turning a look at all the people here, "Any questions just ask them," I said to them as I stood proud and strong, not only in stat-wise but also in appearance as my real-life muscles showed quite a bit around my arms and stomach

@Baldur @Bistro @Raina @Atzo @Calrex

Pinball shook it off. Atzo, huh? In the flesh. For a moment, Pinball wondered if Stryder knew - and then, just as quickly, he decided he didn't care. They hadn't been on good terms for a long time. As a matter of fact, the last time they'd talked had been when he'd attacked the guild. 

God. Pinball really was a basketcase, wasn't he? It made him sick to the stomach. 

Making a mental note to pay Stryder a visit after the others on Kirbs' list, and then shoved thoughts of his killings to the side. Now wasn't the time for that. His stomach wanted ribs, and - even though he didn't deserve them - Pinball was going to get himself some ribs. Once more over the garden wall, Pinball was sure this time not to linger. Past the trees, Pinball would skirt around the edge of the house so as to avoid the people gathering in the garden. 

The next part was the trickiest. He ran up the side of the house, kicking once, twice, and then pushed off backwards to grab the edge of the roof and pull himself up. Pinball knew, as he pushed himself onto his side, that he definitely would not have been able to do something like that in real life. 

From there, he had to repeat the first step of his mission: scoping the place out. Staying low on the roof and using it as cover, Pinball would slowly creep forward, and then come to rest on his knee. He squinted. 

Baldur, Atzo, a girl he didn't recognize, another girl he didn't recognize... nothing too interesting. 

But-! There it was. A table full of food; stacked high with mountains of meats and other hearty foods. Pinball's mouth was practically watering at the sight of it. He ran the sleeve of his jacket. Calm yourself. 

Now, now... how to do this? 

Stealth: ID#135493 LD: 17+7= 24 Stealth Rating 

Edited by Pinball

Out of seemingly no where Atzo was confronted and dragged to the center of the group. ‘Well so much for getting my bearings’ He thought to himself. He still didn’t say anything, looking around. He saw a flash of pink go by as Raina approached him. “Hey Raina, I didn’t expect to see you here. I would have come over sooner, but I thought I saw someone that I hadn’t seen in over a year. I wanted to make sure I wasn’t wrong. Also not really knowing anyone here I was a little skeptical of just walking in, I assume most everyone here are frontliners so I wanted to make sure I wasn’t putting myself in a tight spot. Honestly, I don’t think I know anyone here beside you and my friend. Then again, I am not sure that he is still here, he did his best to get out of my sight and it didn’t really take much to do so. yeah to be honest I didn’t really know this was going on until I found the posting about it. I just happened to be on this floor to do a run this morning. Admittingly it was probably more dangerous than I expected looking back on it. I didn’t run into anything though, so it wasn’t that bad.”

People started introducing themselves. “I’m Atzo, I’m a fairly low-level player.” He chuckled “I’m going for a dps build once I get to a higher level, but we will see how that goes.” He was right, they were all frontlines.

‘I am in way over my head here, I knew I shouldn’t have taken up the offer. I’ll probably just stick to keeping to myself, I am starting to feel like I don’t belong. I guess there isn’t much that can help it though, it would be more awkward if I just turned around now. I guess I will do my best to play it off. I wonder where Pinball went, also who did he kill.’