[PP-F3] <<Search for the Hoya>> Meaningless Trinkets

Mari bristled as her face went red at the sheer notion of her holding his hand or carrying him back to town. "W-what! No!" She spat. "What do you think I am? A Courier service!? I just wanted to make sure you were safe you dumbass." He just laughed in response.

The next instant, Mari was surrounded by warmth, strong arms had wrapped around her small frame and practically squeezed the air out of her. If her face wasn't red before, it was most definitely red now. "W-whatdoyouthinkyou'redoing!"  She wasn't used to being handled this way. she fidgeted and he let her go with a grin. Talking about going off to have a bath. Lucky ass. She couldn't remember the last time she had a warm bath or shower - it had all been rivers and lakes for her. Garius, in a really strange attempt to maybe console her or piss her off gave her parting words - saying she did have someone to give the pendant to.

She watched as he walked away. "No." She said. Her eyes downcast. "I really don't." Her words came out in a soft admission of defeat. It... was hard to get over people. She was trying, she really was. Mari turned to go the opposite direction of him. If she ran into the second Minotaur that'd be fine. It wouldn't be a problem for her.

Maybe the arrogant ass of a man wouldn't be so quick to coax others to attack him next time, maybe not. Either way the two were done with this quest. A small notification popped up. "Ah..." Mari stared at it. <<Leveled up: 52>>  At least... that was something.

This beast was meant to mark the beginning of a relationship. Of budding new romances. But for Mari. It was nothing more than a few extra numbers. And that, was kind of sad in a way, wasn't it?