[F3 - PP]<<Dragon Hunter Anthology - Dragon Hunt 3: the Opal Hatchling>>

Spoiler

<<Dragon Hunter Anthology - Dragon Hunt 3: the Opal Hatchling>>

This quest takes place on Floor 3.

This quest can be repeated for no additional rewards.

You must defeat “Zylara the Quartz Hatchling” before attempting this quest.

=----=

After the destruction of the previous dragon hatchling, yet again you have received a message about the next dragon hatchlings location, this time around… it seems to know a language that you cannot decipher, in which they assume is elvish. While locating this boss it was said Dragon Cultists had came to its aid shortly after them spotting the boss.

=---=

=-=

gvlKU-JXZSUOwu95p3m3U2xGPC_bW3Apzrd-Emb5

Ghidorah - the Opal Hatchling

HP: 215 - MIT: 40 - ACC: 1 - EVA: 1 - DMG: 70 - Thorns: 14

Abilities:

<<Elven Tongue>> : When you approach this dragon the dragon will call out for help in elvish spawning two Elven Dragon Cultists to appear to the dragons aid to defend it.

Elven Dragon Cultist

HP: 50 - MIT: 25 - DMG: 35 - Thorns: 14

=---=

Recommended Level: 20

Post Limit: 1 Page (20+)

=---=

Rewards:

1 SP - 650 Col (Split between each player)

<Ghidorah’s Opal> [Vanity Quest Item] : 1 of 9, collect all 9 and meet whom that waits before you, only then will you get the grand prize.

As the two fighters made their way up to the third floor by the boss room, because Mari wasn’t that keen on going into safe zones, the two would take the longer scenic route. It was a good hike, especially since it’s the second time Mari had to take the boss room up floors today, and it could easily become tedious if they were to continue the charades for more floors than already, so perhaps this endeavor would get to a standstill, perhaps a pause, after this encounter. “I’ll get in, take down as many as I can without just stealing the kill on the baby, and you’ll do the finishing blow. Does that sound fine to you?” he asked Mari. Maybe she wasn’t the one to do the killing blow, maybe Macradon should take care of that … but she did tell him that he wasn’t the one to “do the dirty job” and that she would be capable of it, so he would just oblige with her opinion on the matter.

@Mari

Stats:

Spoiler

Macradon - Lvl 86
1765 HP
187 Energy
2 Accuracy
0 Evasion
19 Base Damage
 (31 w/ Holy)
- (1 Base +7 Skill +1 Athletics +9 Familiar +1 Ferocity)
107 Mitigation 
- (35 Skill + 72 Armor)

Items
Blade of the Dictator ............ // +12 Holy Damage, Phase
Silverlight ...................... // +72 Mitigation, 36 Frost Thorn(21 on a Crit), 6 Freeze damage(2 turns)
Templar's Necklace ............... // +6 Recovery, +1 Accuracy

Belphegor - Familiar ............. // +9 Damage

Battle Ready Inventory
Empty inventory slot ............. //

Buffs
Rested ........................... // -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat.
Filling .......................... // Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed .......................... // Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Deposit ...................... // +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col
from treasure chests.
Buff name ........................ // Buff effect

Skills
Two Handed Straight Sword  | Rank 5: +7 Damage
Heavy Armor                | Rank 5: +35 Damage Mitigation
Searching                  | Rank 5: +5 LD. +5 Stealth Detection
Battle Healing             | Rank 5: Heal 5%(88) HP each post In-Battle
Fighting Spirit            | +1 Hate generation
Gatherer                   | Obtain additional materials after a successful out of combat gathering based on a natural CD result.
Hiding                   | Rank 5: +5 Stealth roll
Extended Mod Limit       | Rank 2: +3 Mod Slots
Parry                    | Reduce incoming damage by 50%(rounded down)
Energist                 | Add 5xTier(15) Energy to your max pool
Charge                   | Rank 5: +5 on Initial hit

Disguise                   | +1 to your BD and +1 to your opponent’s BD
Survival                   | Heal 45 HP when out of battle
Familiar Mastery: Fighter  | Rank 3: +9(Tier x Rank) Damage
Meditation                 | Recover 3xTier(15) energy with post action. Recover 2xTier(10) energy if you are hit before your next round

Skill Mods
Precision                  | +1 Accuracy
Athletics                  | +1 Damage, +45 Health
Ferocity                   | Increases Base Damage by 1
Finesse                    | Rank 3: Decreases Energy Cost of attacks by 3
Reveal                     | +2 LD when searching for dungeons and labyrinths. You may also search for a sub-dungeon or labyrinth once every 15 posts (instead of 20)
Surprise Attack          | Cannot miss from stealth. +1xTier(3) base damage on first attack
Vengeful Riposte         | Return 50% of damage(mitigatable) to target
Justified Riposte        | Stun attacker for 1 turn
Vanish                   | In combat post action to stealth. Free action in combat to stealth if mob has been slain

Tracking                   | Allows the user to track a previously-encountered monster, NPC, or other player. Negates all bonuses to the target’s Stealth Rating. After tracking, your first attack against the tracked creature cannot miss. Cannot be used in combat

Mari stopped to catch her breath; it had been a bit of a trek to get up here via the boss room. She arched her back as she lifted her arms high over her head. "Ooof...here I thought you couldn't get too worn out from walking around. I can't remember the last time I got so much exercise." Mari exclaimed as she allowed her arms to swing back down to her sides casually. "Sorry to drag you up here the long way with me." Mari added sheepishly as she rubbed the back of her head, fingers trailing in her fluffy ginger locks as she glanced away from him. Feeling a little embarrassed about it. "I appreciate you entertaining my qualms about entering towns and safe zones. It just... doesn't feel right for me to do that."  Hell, she didn't even feel entirely right hanging out wth him, or anyone for that matter - she was beginning to wonder if this was right. If what she was doing was okay or if she should really be locked up like Bahr had suggested. Mari felt guilty that she was enjoying her time with Macradon, especially since she had taken so much from so many others.

She shifted her blue gaze back to him when he started to talk about the boss. "Mmm...."  She continued to walk by his side, her eyes drifted up to the sky. "I really don't mind about you stealing the kill or whatever, we're partners in this. We each are pulling our weight. You got me to take down the first few, because I needed it. For my own sake, mental and emotional. And I appreciate that, yanno?" Mari mused.  She wasn't going to tell him it hurt her to kill the hatchlings, he already knew that, and she didn't need to make him feel bad for it, because what she said was true - she needed to move past those qualms she had. She needed to dust off the rust from being absent so long. "We'll work together. You do your best to take out as much as you can with the AoE - and I'll clean up what is left, does that sound good to you?"

@Macradon

Stats

MARI LV 51  | HP 1050 | ENERGY 102
DAM:  11 | EVA 3  | MIT 25 | ACC 4 | 

EQUIPPED
Kusanagi  +2 DAM + 2 BLEED  | Beacon Necklace: +3 ACC  | Infernal Shadow T3 +2 EVA +1 Flame Aura

Rank 5 Dagger
Rank 5 Charge
Rank 5 Light Armour
Bull Rush
Survival
Precision
Athletics
Sprint/Acrobatics

He chuckled lightly and replied, “Yeah, I usually only fight short skirmishes, so all this walking, all this distance covered, it was somewhat foreign to me for the most part … I should see if there’s any way of upping your condition in this game, or you’re stuck with the same amount of energy as always.”. He nodded understandingly “That’s all fair, you don’t have to if you don’t feel like it, I won’t force you to go into a safe zone.”.

Mari’s proposition was a good idea “Alright, I’ll go in and take out as many as I can and you come in for the rescue afterwards. Sounds good to me.” he said and held a thumb up to show his gratitude in Mari’s words, they were nice to hear and very comforting, even if some of them were spoken in a joking manner, it felt like proper friendly banter.

@Mari

Mari paused, then knelt down and picked up a small flower - twirling it to and fro in her hands. "Its tiring, but..." Mari paused as she stood. Half lidded eyes focused on the small yellow petals that danced betwixt her fingers. "In a good way. It's kinda like a reminder that I'm alive." 

'You're alive, but what about all those lives lost to you?'

Mari inwardly flinched at her thoughts. Right... She turned to Macradon. "It reminds me that...I'm alive and that I should be thankful for that." She said softly as she reached out to grasp his hand by his wrist so she could put the flower into the palm of his hand. Mari pressed his fingers closed over it. I should be grateful for it, but I'm not.

Mari took a step back from Macradon and continued down the path. She tugged absently on her hair, chewing on the inside of her cheek. The friendly banter had died down between them. Was it because she did something or say something wrong? Or was Macradon just getting tired. Mari cleared her throat, maybe if she told a joke it'd lighten the mood. "And hey, if I'm gone, who'll make sure no one uses you as a meat shield right?" She said, flexing her arm again. "I gotta look after my friends after all."

@Macradon

Macradon chortled, "Fighting hasn't really made me feel alive for a while, last was … when my guild was still united, 4 boss raids ago … now I just linger behind." he said with melancholy in his voice of days past. When Mari went over to give him the flower she had just picked, he would accept it and place it up behind his right ear, "Thanks." was all he could muster to say. 

When Mari tried to cheer up the atmosphere, macradon could do nothing but chortle loudly, "Yeah, who else is going to take advantage of this slab of meat." he said with a big smile. The two would continue nu their path towards the next spawn point of the dragon in tip long again of dragon hunting, "I don't think we're too far from the cult den, perhaps only a few minutes away." he said while slowing down his tempo, trying to keep a low profile to not very ambushed from anyone. 

@Mari

Macradon told her that fighting hadn't made him feel alive for quite a while. "Mmm..." She voiced her thoughts on the matter. "It sounds like its not so much the fighting that's the issue - but the people you surround yourself with. I get ....not having fun with stuff like this." She said with a nod of her head toward the forest. "Things that go down too easy don't exactly get the adrenaline pumping."  She paused to pick another flower. Macradon seemed quite down, she wasn't good with helping people, but in general, people liked flowers right? Mari waved it in front of his nose, tickling it with the petals. "Gotta have symmetry." she joked.

Mari sighed as she scratched the back of her head. "Man...cults creep me out." She muttered. "They always have some holier than thou leader and the freaky part about them is how charismatic a lot of them are. I swear that's how a big chunk of horror movies start."  

Macradon gave a hearty chuckle - slapping his chest. Mari snorted and without even thinking about her next words she said "Well, your fiance for starters." 

Good job Mari. That's a great way to keep a friend, tell them that their fiance is gonna take advantage of their slabby meat self.

She hadn't even noticed the faux paux, shifting onto the next subject of their discussion without missing a beat. "That's good, so you charge on in and I follow behind." 

@Macradon

He shrugged, he wasn’t sure what had kept his fighting spirit down, but something was the cause of it, “I’m not sure if it’s me or the ones around me … I just usually got pumped up with energy every time a big fight was coming up, but I haven’t felt like that the last few boss raids, like I somehow lost my will to actually push forward, something just doesn’t feel right … but over time, it has been feeling like there’s something tugging at my strings once again, I just hope it’s in the right way.” he replied, somewhat somber in tone. 

He chuckled, “You’re right, maybe it’s been too easy for me … perhaps I just wanted a proper challenge.” he said, more eager to explore what he hadn’t seen before. When Mari began to talk about how she wasn’t too fond of cults and the likes “I’m not a big fan either, back when I met one of my closest friends, Zandra, we went on to fight an Elven Cult on the second floor, wasn’t a pleasant experience … especially not the second time I went in to explore alone …” he shudders in the distant memories of oiled up muscular elves trying to suplex him at every corner in that forest.

Macradon chortled loudly, which soon became a gleeful laughter “Wow, did not expect that line.” he said as he kept on laughing nearing the brink of crying from that one-liner Mari threw at him, that was great. After the while, Macradon nodded at Mari “Aye, it probably won't be long before we see any of ‘em, and we should be able to just take them out in a round or two of combat.” he said comfortably, it would be an easy encounter like all the others.

@Mari

Mari listened as Macradon continued to dissect why he felt the way he did. After all, the least she could do was offer him an ear - and if he wanted it - her perspective.  He said he didn't quite think it was the people around him, but Mari bit her tongue in wanting to tell him it must, most definitely, in part, be them. Why else would he constantly talk about himself in such a negative light? She knew from first hand experience how much peoples actions and words chipped down a strong facade.  "Maybe you're just bored." Mari said. That seemed like a safe thing to say, the last thing she wanted to do was belittle the very frontliners she would be joining.

"Zandra...." Mari pursed her lips, the name sounded somewhat familiar. "Ah... right, she's am alchemist too right?" Mari said in passing. She would have to familiarize herself with all these names.  "What are some of the names of the other frontliners? I better try to get to know them if I'm joining them, right?" 

Macradon burst out into laughter, and it took Mari far longer than she'd ever admit to realize exactly why. She visibly bristled as her cheeks reddened. 'Ohmygod Mac!" She pushed him away as he continued to laugh. "I didn't mean it like that! Geez"  She mumbled, clearly flustered at the whole thing. Still, at least he was laughing. 

She pushed back a branch and stilled - her arm whipping out to the side to create a barricade. "Wait, those figures ahead, you reckon they're the cultists?"

@Macradon

He nodded “I guess I just am, the boredom has truly hit me hard …” he said, agreeing to the conclusion Mari had drawn from the small talk they’ve been having throughout this quest line. Boredom, huh, it was probably what had hit him, what had taken away the excitement from fights and battles, maybe his long break from frontlines was finally gonna show him if the break was enough for him to get excited again, or maybe it was just wasted time he could’ve used to help the frontlines … for now only time would tell.

“Aye,” he replied “she used to be my go to alchemist, but I’ve begun doing my patronage at smaller alchemists to get the business rolling, can’t have a monopoly, we should have healthy competition within our community.” he said, commenting on what he usually thought about when choosing a crafter to service him. “Other names? Well some big names you should know would be Baldur, Hestia, Ariel, Morgenstern but most call him Jonathan, Calrex, Hikoru, Jomei and Pinball, those are the biggest names I can think off the top of my head, I think Bahr is also closing in to become a good frontliner, and you already know him.” he said with a chortle.

When Mari pointed out the figures ahead, Macradon would nod and get into position. “Time to wreak havoc.” he said with a smile on his lips as he rushed in. The sound of his armor clang with every heavy step he took, alarming the targets of the assailant's presence. The dragon was the first to react, the small hatchling, though still young, called out a cry of help from to cultists standing by, they quickly came to the aide of the weak deity in front of them and took the brunt force of Macradon's incoming attack.

This first cultist was cleaved cleanly in half as he screamed in pain, the attack punched back into Macradon from the armor he hit, a small amount of damage nearly invisible to the naked eye on his health bar. The second attack went much smoother, it ripped through the cultist like he was butter, his body split in half from the heavy blow and was disintegrated before he had much time to react to the holy light shimmering from Macradon's blade. After the strikes, only the dragon stood left, somewhat uneasy that its guards had just been eradicated by a single hit from a stranger than just barged in on them like this. "Two down, one to go!" he called out into the open space, making it difficult for the hatchling to locate where the next assault would come from.

@Mari

Spoiler

image.png

Attack 1: Miss!
                                      Attack 2: 24x12-40 = 263 Damage to Dragon Cultist 1
                                      Attack 3: 37x12-(40/2) = 424 Damage to Dragon Cultist 2

ID: 135680
CD: 8 -> Recovery Proc!

- Health List -
[0,-,-] < Macradon >          1765/1765 HP || 19 DMG || 107 MIT || 2 ACC || 0 EVA || 36 FRS || 12 HLY || 181/187 NRG (-14)(+88)(-12)(+6)
[0,-,-] < Mari >              1050/1050 HP || 11 DMG ||  25 MIT || 4 ACC || 3 EVA || 18 FLA || 24 BLD || 102/102 NRG

< Ghidora The Opal Hatchling > 215/215  HP || 70 DMG ||  40 MIT || 1 ACC || 1 EVA || 14 THR
< Elven Dragon Cultist >         0/50   HP || 35 DMG ||  25 MIT || 0 ACC || 0 EVA || 14 THR (-263)
< Elven Dragon Cultist >         0/50   HP || 35 DMG ||  25 MIT || 0 ACC || 0 EVA || 14 THR (-424)

"Well..." Mari sighed as she watched the dragon, at least this one wasn't a newborn. It was big enough to be able to run around - although it'd barely hit her knees. Even if she were to utilize a fully charged attack, she doubted she'd be able to wipe out this particular dragon in a single strike- still, if she were lucky, maybe she'd be able to get bleed damage onto it - Mari bent her knees and flipped her dagger so she held it in a reverse grip. She kicked off the ground and charged toward the tiny dragon as it still cried out - her brows furrowed. Could it call more cultists? 

That didn't matter now.

Mari danced around the tiny dragon as she slashed at it's body, over and over again. The Dragon tried to snap back but she kicked it in it's face, pushing her back from it. It's health had dipped well into the red now. 

"Guess you get the finishing blow on this one Mac!" Mari called out to her friend.

@Macradon

----------------------------
Charged Eternal Cyclone
11+5= 16  |  16x 13= 208 - 40 
ID"135683    BD: 7 + 4 -2= 9 HIT
MOB: 7 - 3 = miss
 Eternal Cyclone (11 Energy) - The user holds their dagger in a reverse-grip, and then spins wildly at high speeds, becoming a bladed whirlwind that strikes the target repeatedly.

- Health List -
[0,-,-] < Macradon >          1765/1765 HP || 19 DMG || 107 MIT || 2 ACC || 0 EVA || 36 FRS || 12 HLY || 181/187 NRG (-14)(+88)(-12)(+6)
[0,-,-] < Mari >              1050/1050 HP || 11 DMG ||  25 MIT || 4 ACC || 3 EVA || 18 FLA || 24 BLD || 91/102 NRG

< Ghidora The Opal Hatchling > 47/215  HP || 70 DMG ||  40 MIT || 1 ACC || 1 EVA || 14 THR
< Elven Dragon Cultist >         0/50   HP || 35 DMG ||  25 MIT || 0 ACC || 0 EVA || 14 THR (-263)
< Elven Dragon Cultist >         0/50   HP || 35 DMG ||  25 MIT || 0 ACC || 0 EVA || 14 THR (-424)

Edited by Mari

Mari had taken good care of the small dragon, dealing a good amount of damage before her sword art finished. Even with the damage she had displayed, it was still not enough to take out the dragon in a single flurry of blows. Macradon would right up his sword and hold it in his right hand with his left hand stretched out towards the dragon “A way to kill dragons is to take them out before they see your sneaky attacks.” he said and quickly brought his left hand to the side to distract the dragon if it were to look at him approaching it “Eye on the other hand.” he said jokingly and went in for a strike, but the dragon did not buy the misdirection and easily evaded the oncoming attacking “Dangit.” he said “My magic sleight of hand used to be better than this.” he said with a chortle and prepared for Mari to take it out after his whiff.

@Mari

ID: 135684
BD: 3+2-1=4, Miss.
CD: 1 -> No Proc.
Sword art used: Miss.

- Health List -
[0,-,-] < Macradon >          1765/1765 HP || 19 DMG || 107 MIT || 2 ACC || 0 EVA || 36 FRS || 12 HLY || 180/187 NRG (-2)(+1)
[1,-,-] < Mari >              1050/1050 HP || 11 DMG ||  25 MIT || 4 ACC || 3 EVA || 18 FLA || 24 BLD || 91/102 NRG

< Ghidora The Opal Hatchling > 47/215  HP || 70 DMG ||  40 MIT || 1 ACC || 1 EVA || 14 THR
< Elven Dragon Cultist >         0/50   HP || 35 DMG ||  25 MIT || 0 ACC || 0 EVA || 14 THR (-263)
< Elven Dragon Cultist >         0/50   HP || 35 DMG ||  25 MIT || 0 ACC || 0 EVA || 14 THR (-424)

"Oh my gosh!" Mari cried out in disbelief. She honestly thought he had this in the bag. He was several levels above her after all. With his jokes and sleights - did he mean to miss. Did he want her to deal the last blow?  was this some sort of lesson that he was trying to teach her? Somehow...Mari didn't quite believe that. Whilst she had a great deal of respect for the man, she had a sneaking suspicion that such subtle plays and plans weren't exactly the mans...forte.

Mari gave Macradon a wry grin as she tossed her dagger up in the air then caught it. "Aww Macradoodle." She chided. "I said the last hit was for you. Silly."  She pointed the dagger at him in a jestful manner. "But, let's leave the talk for after, shall we?" She asked him.

Mari turned on her heel and shifted her sights to the dragon. Her blade flashed again, this time with a different ability. <<Rapid Bite>> She dashed toward Ghidora, and even though the bubbling dragon tried to bound out the way she managed to strike at it, thrusting her dagger at the tiny monster at several different angles.

The Opal hatching gave a startled cry as it exploded into pixelated data. Leaving behind two small opals. "Well..." Mari said with a sigh. "That's another one down. We're what....halfway through? How many are there?"

@Macradon

- Health List -
ID#135685     BD:9 + 2-1 = CRIT

12 x 10 =120 - 40 = 80 Damage
 Rapid Bite (10 Energy) - The user makes several quick blows by thrusting their dagger at several different angles.

[0,-,-] < Macradon >          1765/1765 HP || 19 DMG || 107 MIT || 2 ACC || 0 EVA || 36 FRS || 12 HLY || 180/187 NRG (-2)(+1)
[1,-,-] < Mari >              1050/1050 HP || 11 DMG ||  25 MIT || 4 ACC || 3 EVA || 18 FLA || 24 BLD || 81/102 NRG

< Ghidora The Opal Hatchling > 0/215  HP || 70 DMG ||  40 MIT || 1 ACC || 1 EVA || 14 THR

Edited by Mari

He chuckled and scratched his head “Gee sorry, I’m not used to being this bad.” he said with a laugh in the end. When Macradon went boss raiding, he usually buffed up to keep his senses sharp, but against a measly quest enemy like this, he usually went in as bare bones as he could to keep his consumable stack as high as he could for bigger events that could use those buffs more than these few bosses “I just didn’t prepare properly against this one, I’ll make up for it the next time.” he said with a nervous chortle. This wasn’t his most favorable position to be in, and he began to slowly get some flashbacks to when he did the fight against Shi with Jonathan back then … miss after miss after miss, a never ending storm of misses, this was feeling like it was nearing that level of disaster if he didn’t have someone more precise like Mari to help him clear out the bigger dragon. He would sigh heavily “I’ll make up for it another time.” he said while keeping a smile on his face, it wasn’t the most favorable outcome, but at least they got through it without anyone getting seriously hurt. “Oh yeah … I could’ve just vanished …” he thought and face palmed.

@Mari

Wait... was everything okay?

Macradon seemed to fall into a sort of...self depreciating state - Mari knew it well. Hell. She lived it. Macradon laughed initially, and it seemed like he was in good spirits, but she watched as his shoulders sagged, and how his crimson gaze shifted to the floor. Mari wouldn't have noticed if she didn't deal with those emotions daily. "Hey..." She said, kicking the dirt as she approached him. "We don't really need to prepare for these things, yanno - tis just luck really. I'm actually quite clumsy, I can guarantee at some point I'm gonna probably trip over nothing." Mari halfheartedly joked.

"You know another way to make up for it?" Mari said with a wry grin. "Next time we meet up bring me something nice to eat, I don't really get to eat much out here." Mari said as she gave his shoulder a few taps. 

There was a few moments of silence as Mari pondered what to say next, he seemed beaten down by something, but maybe Mari was being overly cautious? Still, would it be so bad to just double check?

"You know I have your back right? Nothing will happen to either of us besides maybe a few hurt egos and bruised knees." Another pause. "You know I trust you, right?" The words carried a very heavy weight, but it was true. She did.

@Macradon

He chortled at Mari’s comforting words, he would get back up, straightening his posture and smile back at her “Thanks … sometimes I just get reminded of how little I’m capable of when I’m by myself.” he said “It’s probably for the better, a good ego check here and then can be pretty healthy for the mind, just so I don’t get into some frenzied ego trip where I think I’m the god of all and all doings, good to ground oneself.” he said with a chuckle, trying to shake the self deprecation off of him. Listening to Mari’s request, Macradon nodded “I’ll be sure to come with a great meal for the two os us, I promise that at least.” he replied. He nodded at the flurry of words she had for him, “Aye, and I trust you.” he replied back to her “We’re a team, allies, comrades, friends. We can get through downwards hills like these, at least we should know that we’re capable of such.” he said, adding onto the confident words of Mari.

@Mari

He seemed to be doing better....right? Mari wasn't sure, she wasn't very good at readying people.

"Little? Oh please Macradon you sound so bloody tone deaf." Mari said with exasperation. "You wiped out those cultists in a single strike, so what if you trip up once? Geez. You're being so hard on yourself. And trust me, I've met plenty of egocentrical guys. I f**king hate them. You're far from that." She gave him a grin, retelling him a tale from her past.

"LIke, you don't think you are the literal king of demons " Mari shook her head as she pushed her fringe back. "I wish I was joking, he actually..." Mari fell quiet and sighed. "He's one of the names on the monument...he kept on claiming he was half demon and the demon king was going to take over Aincrad through bloodshed and he ...attacked a group of players who were my friends."

She was meant to be cheering him up with a funny story, but all Mari was doing was making herself upset with memories of the past.  She hadn't seen those people in so long....where their names on the monument? It wasn't like she could even check. It..was best not to dwell on it, after all right now it was about cheering Macradon up.

"If you're taking requests I'd love a creamy pasta. I f**king miss that so much warm, creamy carbs."

@Macradon

He chuckled “I guess it’s quite a feat … I just think I’ve been too high on the pedestal for too long, and it’s finally getting to me. But it’s nice to get a reality check, it’s nice to know I’m not someone far from everyone else, I’m just a person, like everyone else.” he said and reached down into his breastplate, tucking for a bit, Macradon would take out a medallion carved to include different variations of lighting and thunder imagery “This was given to me by an NPC once, it was, and still is, the Immortal Stand of Zeus. I was chosen as the arbiter of Zeus during a boss raid against a foe called Leonidas. I cleaved around 12 enemies down with every strike I made, and with very little effort, I brought down a fourth of an army single handedly … perhaps that was a step towards a bad power trip …” he said, trying to explain his thought process and why he was being so hard on himself, he just needed to ground himself some more. 

Macradon chortled at the mentioning of some king of demons “That’s one edgy kid.” he said with a slight laughter contained within him “Sounds like a bad guy alright …” he said, feeling like the situation was much better than it was before. Much more lighthearted than self loathing, much more wholesome with the pasta talk! “I could try, I’m only a home cook, so I probably ain’t gonna be able to do too much, but I’ll give it a good try!” he said with a smile.

@Mari

"Well, I guess its probably a good thing we didn't meet when you were too full of yourself." Mari said with a mirthful chuckle. "I probably wouldn't have been able to stand you." She shrugged as she kicked at a small rock. "Then again, you probably wouldn't have been able to handle me. I ...ahh.... hate to admit it, but I had a pretty bad break down, I wouldn't have been a very nice person."  She sighed as she knelt down, picking up a small flower. She twirled it to and fro in her fingers. Mari didn't like talking about her past, she didn't like thinking about it - because she was not a good person back then. Realistically, she probably wasn't a good person now.  She guessed it was best not to dwell on such things.  Mari crumpled up the flower and stood back up.

Macradon talked about some sort of Medallion, Mari peered over his shoulder to get a better look as he talked. "Probably, yeh." Mari said bluntly when he said it was the step toward the power trip. "But you're self aware, and taking steps to fix that, so that's better than a start to me. Heck, this makes me wanna maybe have a different weapon to dagger. It just has no AoE and I feel a lil' left out." Mari said with a light-hearted laugh. 

"Anyway...." Mari said as she dusted off her hands. "Maybe we could go out for that pasta, I trust you - but I'm not sure I trust your cooking."

@Macradon

He nodded at Mari’s idea “Aye I agree, I’d probably be more of a douchebag than a goofball back then ..” he said, reminiscent of the time that has passed and what events had gone by since then. The death of his mentor, the betrayal of his Vice Commander, the murder that he had no hopes in stopping … a lot had gone by for the two serial killers, but evil as their past may seem … these two idiots were just undergoing some leveling to get swole for the better of the inhabitants of this world.

Mari mentioned a possible switch in weapons for the possibility of AOE, “Weapon choice is up to you, I chose the greatsword because I think big swords are cool, that’s about it. If you feel like the dagger fits you, then stick to your roots unless you feel like it’s somehow going against you.” he commented upon the thoughts. He chuckled, “Aye, let’s get something to eat that isn’t my home cooking, I’m sure we can find a shop in a place where you can sit without being disturbed by any guards.” he said with a smile, trying to think of possible restaurants or cafés that could have any orange customers.

@Mari

"Well, let's just say we were both insufferable pricks back then, eh?" Mari said with a bemused smile. She didn't want to make light of what happened in the past, but being able to talk to someone about it, like this. It helped. It helped put things into perspective, and make her realize not everything was her fault. She had two of her closest friends betray her, she had an entire guild out for her head ; even going as far as to ban all its members from the frontline battle - just in hopes that Mari, and any who followed her would die and fail...despite clearing and finding the boss room after that, she was threatened - that if she were to ever show her face again she'd be killed.  So many things. So very many, very terrible things had happened.

But things...felt a little brighter. A little lighter, Macradon wasn't exactly the brightest person around - but hey, neither was she.  He certainly had been the most friendliest. Mari gave him a wry grin. "Maybe we should get some MAC and cheese - with little crunched chips on top." Mari said with a sprinkling motion of her hands. "Yanno, potato chips? Sea salt potato chips are the best. IT gives the pasta a salty crunch." 

Her smile faded slightly as he posed the question of finding a place for her to eat. "Ahh... I suppose such a venture should wait till I am able to complete redemption aye?" Mari shifted her eyes to the sun, it was getting late, but they had made a lot of progress. Three dragons in one day? That was nothing to poke a stick at.

"Hey, I know you gotta be running off, but message me soon so we can complete the quest, yeh?" Mari said with a small wave. "I'll see you soon."

@Macradon