[PP-F6] Body and Mind

The Waterfall marked a place for Players to go to test their limits. It hosted one of the more intense solo quests in the earlier portion of Aincrad, and something Alkor had yet to conquer for himself. Yet, it was not that which brought him to this place and he was not intent on challenging his own demons this day.

No, for now, the soothing sounds of crashing water and the warmth of steam that billowed out from it offered him clarity. Many things transpired since Alkor returned from his lengthy sleep. People, both new and old to him interacted and caused him to learn things about himself and about dealing with others.

Outside of the game, he may never have learned those lessons. As he sat cross-legged near the bottom of the falls, Alkor took a deep breath and closed his eyes. How would he choose to go forward from here? There was contempt between him and the man, Bahr.

Bahr, who appeared to be connected to Lessa. One of his oldest friends in Aincrad, the woman now stood taller and stronger than he did. In terms of levels, she was so far ahead he was unsure that he could catch her.

Then, there was Mari. His actions were not intended to be cruel, yet she would have taken them in that way. It was hard to not. He couldn't convince her otherwise, nor would he try.

Every part of the swordsman wanted to deny himself this new life. He hated the idea that he could have a second lease when the first had expired with no advancement. He never grew as a person hidden behind the facade of Alkor. He never grew beyond the character he pretended to be.

Now, he had.

He recognized his weakness, faced it, and moved forward in spite of his fears. In the few moments it took the Hydra boss to nearly end his life and send him reeling into a coma, something snapped and left him laid bare.

In his dreams, he saw himself alone. He lost everything, and his hand opened to release the only hand he had ever been truly happy to hold. Would she still be there, when finally they were free?

Hold on, Grandma. I'll see you before it's all over. I promise.

@Raina

Splash! The sounds of crashing water spraying the rocks and soaring through the air could easily be heard even enveloping the sounds of the waterfall plummeting to the water below. A beautiful girl with sun kissed skin and long flowing hair, the color of the pink hues in an evening's sunset has just emerged from the water flipping her hair in a arcing pattern behind her, sending even more water in the air. Her voluptuous frame was clad in a white two piece bikini adorned with lace and frills, something that hid little to the imagination, not that the girl seemed to notice. 

She swept the hair out of her face and then noticed the man standing on the lakeside and immediately blushed. "Oh.. oh my god! I am so sorry, I did not notice anyone else here. I am sorry if you meant to be alone." She said as she walked out of the lake and opened her inventory screen, pulling out a towel to start drying her hair. "I just had to enjoy this beautiful lake. Swimming is so therapeutic, is it not?" She said with a smile, her angelic face almost sparkling from the water. "My name is Raina, it is nice to meet you."  

@Alkor

Okay, Alkor blinked slowly when he heard it. The splash drew his attention from solidarity and into the present with a jolt. His liquid golden eyes stared hard at the culprit, who rose from the water with droplets of water slinking across her flesh. Everything was pronounced, almost like Aincrad intended to tempt the thoughts of young men and boys to sin. At least, that's the interpretation Alkor got out of what he saw. I went from action anime to hentai in .05. 

The swordsman heaved a sigh when the woman addressed him. What was with that halfway modest greeting? It didn't mesh with her attire at all. Alkor glanced away with calculated disinterest as she summoned her towel and set about making herself decent.

Not that there was any expedience to her movement.

"No, you're fine," the dark swordsman waved a hand dismissively. "This area is public and it's not like I can just reserve it on a whim. Please, don't mind me."

It wouldn't change anything now if she left, after all. His concentration was shattered. As Alkor stared pointedly toward the raging falls, he recalled her hair color.

Pink.

Pink haired women were always trouble, weren't they?

"I don't swim much anymore, he replied to her question. He hadn't since he was a boy. There was hardly a reason to do so inside of Sword Art Online, either.

"I'm Alkor," he said after a pregnant pause. He finally looked at her once she had greeted him, and she was covered. Covered enough, anyway. "You, too," he added.

@Raina

"Just because this area is public, does not mean I know what it means to want to be alone." She said as she opened her inventory again and equipped her armor. A pure white bundle of silk and lace in the form of a wedding dress that was long in the back but cut off above the knee in the front. The dress seemed to be a traditional wedding dress but yet seemed armored somehow? Raina crossed her arms and they pressed up against her bosom as she stood there. "That is a shame you don't swim anymore, I promise it is quite refreshing, even in this virtual death world." She said with a hint of sadness in her eyes. 

The man introduced himself as Alkor, an interesting player name for sure. "Alkor, that is such a nice player name. It is a pleasure." Raina said as she started playing with her hair, smiling that she may have met someone who could be a friend. "I must say, I really did not expect anyone here, and I was told this area was fairly safe from monsters, so I figured why not a swim." She continued as she twirled and laughed angelically. "I guess I am a little silly aren't I?"

@Alkor

• 2 weeks later...

She was... talkative.

Alkor had met his fair share of new people inside Aincrad, and some of them were long winded or enjoyed the sound of their own voice. At least, he got that impression from the way they felt the need to talk at him, at length. This girl wasn't quite like that. 

No, the dark swordsman got the impression this girl just liked to talk. He couldn't relate. That said, she was attempting conversation. At least, it felt that way from the questions and comments she posed to him. Now, the hard part.

He had to actually engage her in conversation, even if it was heavily one sided. Part of him wanted to leave it be, nod and wear a vacant smile. Another part of him insisted he at least make an effort. He promised he'd be better. 

"A little," he muttered. He didn't sound like he agreed with her or disagreed, but more like he was acknowledging her words. He gave her a quick glance after that, managing not to scowl. "It's a pretty safe area, if you wanted to keep swimming. I won't get in your way."

That part sounded almost sincere, like he was being considerate. The shut in was getting more skilled at telling people to go away! Ahhh, social skills.

@Raina