[PP-F1] Preforming for the masses (Violet Smith, Able) <<Earning A Living>>

Able stood in the middle of the town square absentmindedly, checking his notes. He was mindlessly moving around, not really paying attention to what was going on around him.

I think that somewhere around here is a master performer that should start me on my way to getting a profession. If I become a performer, I don’t only need to rely on first aid alone to heal others. Not to mention the other buff I may be able to give in battle. I wonder if I would be of better benefit to Cain being a performer, after all, I can let him take the spotlight as I sit on the sidelines healing and using songs to help. I wonder what Cain is going to become when he takes this quest… probably a blacksmith, though I could also see him being an artisan. He has always been good with his hands. 

Well, I am definitely lost He looked around to attempt to figure out where he was. I don’t think I have ever been in this part of the Town of Beginnings. Those buildings look familiar but then again all of the buildings look familiar here it seems. Is it like this on every floor? Surly not, there must be some variation otherwise this would be a very boring game. That said, if it was super repetitive it would give everyone that much more motivation to attempt to get out of here. He sat against a wall somewhat defeated. I must come up with something right? I can’t just stick here forever. He looked around for a moment but quickly remembered he didn’t have anyone he knew here except Cain, and Cain was probably busy getting stronger on another floor. He took a deep breath in, held it for a moment, and let it out, feeling his muscles relax as he breathed out.

I really need to get better at navigation, or I might find myself outside of the safezone with no idea of how to get home. If only I played more MMO’s when I was in the real world maybe I would be better at this.

@Violet Smith

Edited by Abel

Violet was minding her own business, strolling through the main street of the Town of Beginnings with her black leopard companion, Dahlia, when she noticed a rather tall man standing off to the side. She decided to slip off into the shadows and watch him, motioning for her companion to do the same. Huh, seems like a new player. I wonder if he has anything worthy of stealing on him, Violet thought to herself, grinning. Old habits sure did die hard. However, after she saw his confused expression, she took pity on him. He seems lost, she noted. 

Silently, she pushed herself off the wall she had been leaning on and walked up to the man. "Hey, if you keep that lost look on your face, others will take advantage of you," she said without a proper introduction. "You look like a lost puppy." She laughed at her own comment before continuing. "Now, I would take you out on my own as soon as you stepped out of the safe zone, but I feel some pity for you. What's up?" 

While this interaction took place, Dahlia sat casually next to her companion. 

@Abel

Stats: 

Spoiler

Stats: 
Level 11
Violet: 220/220 HP | 22/22 EN | 3 DMG | 14 MIT | +1 ACC (+2 w/ Dahlia) | BLEED | +1 LD | 1 RECOVERY | KEEN 

Skills: 
Weapons: 
One-Handed, Dagger -> Novice, +2 DMG

Armor:
Light Armor: Rank 1, +5 MIT

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Accuracy >> Novice, +1 ACC when in thread with Dahlia

Sword Arts: 
Rank 1

[x2 Stun] Side Bite (5 Energy) - Stab your opponent in both sides, pincing nerves, stunning opponent.
[x2] Round Accel (2 Energy) - Dash around target at high speeds, delivering two slash/stabs into target.
Rank 2

[x3] Tri Pierce (3 Energy) - Stab target three times, slashing diagonally to cause a triangle effect on each one
[x4] Fad Edge (4 Energy) - The user swiftly strikes the opponent with four thrusts in brisk succession.

Equipped Items: 

Equipped [T1 Rare Dagger] <<Slicer>> Keen, Bleed
Description: This dagger has a nice, smooth handle that fits in the shape of the hand. It has two pointed guards above the handle with an 8 inch blade extending above it. The handle is made of oak wood with red staining. 

Equipped [T1 Rare Light Armor] <<Killer>> Mitigation, Recovery
Description: A blood red armor that covers the upper chest of the wearer. Silver chain-link bits extend down the arms.

Equipped [T1 Rare Trinket] <<Black Handkerchief>> Accuracy, Loot Die
Description: Just a plain black handkerchief used to cover one's face. 

Battle-Ready Inventory

- 5 Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
- 1 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
-1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)
-1 Safeguard Potion

Edited by Violet Smith

I wonder if my notes have anything to h- His thoughts were interrupted as he was approached by someone. Someone who had sat down beside him, she mentioned how he looked lost and easy to take advantage of which made Able laugh, “I don’t think so. I am always happy to help others so as long as its not anything against my morals I don’t think it would be taking advantage of me.” He smiled remembering Ol’ Man Samuel back in America for a moment. “I guess you could say I am a ‘lost puppy’ I’ve been wondering around trying to find the start of the earning a living quest, I have heard there is a master performer around here who can start it. It would be nice to be able to make song crystals to help my brother Cain and the frontlines… once I get there at least. You wouldn’t happen to know the way, would you? I don’t think I have ever been to this part of the town before.” He smiled confidently at the other player and held out his hand. “I’m Able, its nice to meet you.”

Look at that cat, its black as night fur is something to behold. I wonder how she got it, an event maybe? I am probably too late to get one, maybe I will get a chance in the future, I just hope it is not just a one-time event. This woman seems nice, kind of reminds me of good ol’ Bob back in Massachusetts… I really ought to write him a letter once I get out of this game, I am sure he would enjoy all the wacky antics that go on. In fact, it might be a good idea for someone to write a book on their experiences here, I probably couldn’t though, I’m not good enough at writing for that.

@Violet Smith

Stats:

Spoiler

Level 1: 20 HP | 2 EN | Rank 1 First Aid

Violet tilted her head. He seemed oddly innocent for this game. She sighed and smiled, looking down at his outstretched hand. Firmly, she took it in her own and shook it. "Violet Delta Smith," she introduced herself with a broad bow. Then she quickly brought up her quest menu and scrolled through the list until her finger fell upon the Earning a Living: Performer quest. Quickly reading it over, she looked back up at Abel and explained, "The quest starting point appears to be at an NPC's place. 'Alyssa's studio' it says." She thought for a moment before leading the way. "Follow me," she said abruptly as she started jogging towards a narrow street leading to a side part of town, not looking back to see if Abel was even following her. 

Dahlia trotted after her partner, glancing back and meowling to let Abel know he should follow. It seemed she was trying to help him. Maybe she had taking a liking to the tall man? Only time would tell. 

@Abel

It’s a pleasure to meet you!

Oh, is that how you find quests? I didn’t realize there was a separate menu for that, I really should explore that some time. She started walking before I had a chance to respond, I had better start following her, I wouldn’t want to fall behind. She is going out of her way to help me after all. I wonder if she will let me pay her back sometime, though I may need to get to a higher level before I do that. Abel smiled at the cat as he got up from his seated position and jogged up to Violet slowing down to her speed as he got close. I almost feel cramped with how narrow this street is, then again it is not much worse than those small streets in Japan. I did always have a tough time moving through them, I just hope no one will be coming towards us, I might end up hitting them. I’ll just keep an eye on Violet and follow her lead, she seems to know this town far better than I do. Then again, I haven’t ever really been good at directions, I really should try to get better at recognizing landmarks and not getting so distracted as I walk around. That reminds me… Abel was doing well to keep up with her, at least for the time it was just a light jog.

Out of curiosity, what would you like me to call you? Is Violet okay or would you prefer something more formal?

You know, I wonder what dad would have done if he was here. Maybe I can use what he taught me to do well, then again, he wasn’t ever really into video games, or fighting. He just preferred his books. Maybe I can start there though, perhaps there is a library I can find to read up on some of the things that have happened so far. Here I go getting distracted again. I have even less of a clue where I am now then I did before, but at least I am still following Violet I am sure she knows.

@Violet Smith

She was surprised when he asked her if she had a name preference. One of her eyebrows raised slightly as she looked over at Abel with a curious look. In all honesty, she hadn't met someone with proper manners in the game in quite a while. It was... odd, to say the least. Perhaps odd in a good way? 

"Just Violet is alright," she responded with a dismissive wave of her hand. "I've only been called by code names before anyways. And those were used when I was out on a hit." She mentioned her past career casually. 

After they reached the end of the narrow street, Violet stopped in front of a small shop. It was made out of nice wood, with a nice oak door open to let a breeze into the shop. She motioned for Abel to go inside. "I'll wait out here. Too cramped in there for my liking," she said before taking up post on the wooden side of the building. 

@Abel