[PP-F1] A New Beginning? (With Violet)

It is another day for Tanoshi in this strange game world. He had been trapped here for quite some time now that he stopped to keep track of time. Tanoshi slowly made his way to the middle of the town, where the fountain lied to wash his face for the day. Upon approaching it, he washed his face and looked at his expression through the clean, blue water. All of this, it seemed to be so real that he couldn't believe that this is all actually just a program. He shook his head and sat down, unsure of what to do, observing the different people walking past him, they seemed to a lot stronger than him, but it didn't really matter now. What's the point of risking your life just to be stronger? He sighed and just kept on staring, thinking about the day that he got to leave this stupid world.

Spoiler

Stats
Level 1
HP: 20/20 | EN:2/2 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 0

Skills
*Weapon Skills
>>Novice Two-Handed Weapons (+3 base damage)

Sword Arts

Rank 1

[x2 AoE] Blast (2 Energy +2 per target hit) - A pair of horizontal sweeping strokes that hits multiple targets.

[x2] Straight (2 Energy) - Begins with the player bending their knees before thrusting forward with a singular powerful strike covering the gap between you and your opponent

.Equipments

Weapon(s): Rare T1 Two-Handed Straight Sword (+1 ACC, Bleed)
Armor(s): Vanity Leather Armor

Battle-ready Inventory

1) 3 Starter Healing Potions (heals 50 HP)
2)
3)
4)
5)

@Violet Smith
((This is all I could think of, sorry xD))

Edited by Tanoshi

Violet was strolling through the Town of Beginnings, taking her daily stroll when she spotted a player washing their face in the fountain. Her face screwed up in a look of disgust and horror. Did... did that man just put his face in that dirty water? she thought to herself. Few things could horrify this past hitwoman, but germs were a big thing for her. Sure, the water in game was clean, but the thought behind it was... disturbing to say the least. In the real world, the water would be filled with millions of germs filling up the man's facial pores. She shivered. 

Dahlia, Violet's black leopard companion, looked up at the woman, concerned. Violet looked down and managed a small smile. "That man is disgusting," she explained before walking over to him. 

"Hey, weak player!" she called to the man while walking up to him. "Why did you just wash your face in the fountain? Have you no concern for even the thought of germs?" Her face still held a slight look of disgust. 

@Tanoshi

stats: 

Spoiler

Stats: 
Level 11
Violet: 220/220 HP | 22/22 EN | 3 DMG | 14 MIT | +1 ACC (+2 w/ Dahlia) | BLEED | +1 LD | 1 RECOVERY | KEEN 

Skills: 
Weapons: 
One-Handed, Dagger -> Novice, +2 DMG

Armor:
Light Armor: Rank 1, +5 MIT

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Accuracy >> Novice, +1 ACC when in thread with Dahlia

Sword Arts: 
Rank 1

[x2 Stun] Side Bite (5 Energy) - Stab your opponent in both sides, pincing nerves, stunning opponent.
[x2] Round Accel (2 Energy) - Dash around target at high speeds, delivering two slash/stabs into target.
Rank 2

[x3] Tri Pierce (3 Energy) - Stab target three times, slashing diagonally to cause a triangle effect on each one
[x4] Fad Edge (4 Energy) - The user swiftly strikes the opponent with four thrusts in brisk succession.

Equipped Items: 

Equipped [T1 Rare Dagger] <<Slicer>> Keen, Bleed
Description: This dagger has a nice, smooth handle that fits in the shape of the hand. It has two pointed guards above the handle with an 8 inch blade extending above it. The handle is made of oak wood with red staining. 

Equipped [T1 Rare Light Armor] <<Killer>> Mitigation, Recovery
Description: A blood red armor that covers the upper chest of the wearer. Silver chain-link bits extend down the arms.

Equipped [T1 Rare Trinket] <<Black Handkerchief>> Accuracy, Loot Die
Description: Just a plain black handkerchief used to cover one's face. 

Battle-Ready Inventory

- 5 Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
- 1 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
-1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)
-1 Safeguard Potion

Edited by Violet Smith

Tanoshi slowly turned around as he heard someone possibly calling him out, he wasn't astonished as he had managed to perceive the sound of her movements beforehand. As his dark, depressing eyes meet the figure of the other woman, he formed a fainted smile. Hmmm....she seems to be disgusted. He had always been good at reading facial expression, that was how he manipulated people.
"Oh, hi there, didn't see you..." Tanoshi spoke, having no particular tone in his voice, all the words that came out of his lips seemed to be at a neutral tone.
He scratched his head and kept observing her, waiting for her to say something, but before she could even say anything, he spoke up, wanting to ask her about the germs stuff as he found it a bit weird for germs to exist in such game.
"Seems like virtual reality science has evolved to the point that water in the game has germs huh?" He raised an eyebrow while asking the question.

@Violet Smith

Edited by Tanoshi

Violet's mouth turned into a frown as she looked up at the man, crossing her arms over her chest. "It's the principle that matters. Would you do such a think in the real world?" She paused and shivered in disgust. "Actually I bet you would, so don't answer that. Just imagining it drives my disgust over the wall." 

Dahlia rubbed her nose against her partner's leg, sensing that the woman was disturbed. Violet sighed and pet the smooth, velvet coat of her familiar. "Yes, I do suppose we should at least introduce ourselves, Dahlia." A small grin spread on her lips, and her mood noticeably improved. "At least before we kill him." She laughed and did a broad bow. "Violet Delta Smith. And this is my companion, Dahlia." She gestured to her companion, the leopard bowing as well. "And don't worry. Her bark is as bad as her bite." She smiled and looked back up at the man, watching for his reaction. 

@Tanoshi

Tanoshi couldn't control but bursting into a laugh right in front of the woman. Her?! Threatening my life?! He knew that she definitely couldn't do anything to him as they were both in the safe zone so he stood up and gave her a smirk along with a challenging gaze. Then, his direction turned to her seemingly familiar - a leopard, he was interested in the animal and also wondered where he could possibly get one. He sighed and shook his head, making eye contact with her, Tanoshi believed that he should better get on good terms with the girl or else he would get in trouble if, by any chance, they meet outside the safe zone.
"Hm, weird girl you are, my name is Tanoshi, cute pet you've got, anyway, I don't plan on being killed today so I wouldn't accept to Duel you. We're in the safe zone after all. Also, you are being hilarious by wanting to kill me just because of me washing my face..."

Violet's face grew red and she grimaced. "Shut your mouth, level 1. If it were the real world, you'd be dead by my hand anyways." Her frown turned into a smile, the thought setting her at ease. "Your [censored] - " She looked at her display, bewildered. A message popped up: "Censored due to vulgarity," it read. "Oh, are you [censored] kidding me?!" Again. The censor. She sighed and rubbed her temples with her hand. "I don't even get the joy of describing how I'd kill you in this game." She shook her head and then looked back up at the man. 

"And I already wanted to kill you before you washed your face. It's been a while since I've killed, and the urge is driving me crazy," she said, grabbing her dagger and beginning to fidget with it. Twirling it around and throwing it in the air seemed to ease her mind. "The washing your face thing just would have made it more satisfying." 

Then she looked down at Dahlia, and back at the man. "Pet? She is not a pet and she is not cute." She gave a high-pitched whistle, signaling for Dahlia to bare her fangs, which she did so obediently. Then she commanded, "Platz!" Dahlia obediently laid down next to Violet. Immediately, Violet began petting and hugging the leopard, Dahlia beginning to purr. "Such a good girl," Violet praised her. 

@Tanoshi

"Kill me huh? So I would figure out that you are possibly some sort of criminal in real life correct?"
He raised an eyebrow, amused by this new piece of information but he also slightly shivered to realize that she wasn't someone that he could just simply mess with, maybe he should just apologize and leave? However, that wouldn't do too good to him long-term... He calmly smiled and tilted his head to a side, his gray hair covering his eyes.
"If this were real life, it would be harder to kill me, ya know? I have bodyguards by my side all the time."
As he was saying that, he slightly realized how lucky he was to be born into a rich family, but that didn't quite matter now. All he needed to do was to form a civil relationship with this "psycho".
"Anddddd an urge to kill you say? Don't ya think that's a little creepy? For a girl like you to say? And come on, I was just washing my face if this were real life, I would haven't done that."
(Sorry, I gotta sleep <.< will reply when I wake up)
@Violet Smith 

"If this were real life, it would be harder to kill me, ya know? I have bodyguards by my side all the time."

To this statement, Violet laughed, nearly doubling over. "My, you are the innocent one, aren't you?" She stood back up, a sinister grin across her lips. "Bodyguards have never stopped me before, love." In real life, bodyguards didn't prove much of a threat with proper planning and the right equipment -- or the right amount of money. Bodyguards did follow the highest bidder after all. 

When he suggested she was creepy, she frowned. "I was raised to kill. It's in my blood. That would be like me calling you creepy for being a hoitey toitey rich boy." She giggled. "Hm, though if you wouldn't do that in real life, why would you do it in game? For being a rich boy, you sure do have a lack of manners." She wore a wide grin. It was fun teasing this man. At least he wasn't boring. 

Dahlia huffed next to Violet's leg. "Ah, getting impatient are we?" The pair were supposed to be traveling to the third floor to hunt right now. Violet checked the stats of Tanoshi and then thought for a second. "Join us on a hunt on this floor. Then, as you get stronger, you'll actually be a challenge for me. It'll make it a good kill." 

@Tanoshi

Tashino stood still, paying attention to what Violet was saying. All of that truly implied that she could be some sort of assasin in real life, a professional one. Life consisted of many different kinds of people anyways. He bit his lips and thought, trying to find a method to buy himself out of this situation. As she spoke, he tend to remain silent and think about ways to calm her down. He also ignored the statements she made afterwards.

Then, he widened his eyes as she offered him to form a party with her, which really sounded strange. He put his guard up, afraid that this could be some sort of plan from the girl, wanting to lure him out of the safe zone and then slit his throat off, killing him. Tanoshi scratched his head, his pupils glancing Violet.

"Are you sure you want to party with me? Like, I'm just a level 1 player, I'm weak and I'm a coward, it wouldn't be very beneficial on your side if you want to form a party with a weakling like me."

@Violet Smith

Violet laughed. "That's the point. I need you stronger so that you can actually put up a fight." She turned and led the way towards the northern path leading out of the Town of Beginnings and into the woods and plains that lay across the first floor. She didn't turn to check and see if Tanoshi was following. She didn't much care if he didn't. It would be his loss. 

However, as the pair (Violet and Dahlia) left, Dahlia looked behind and roared back to Tanoshi. It was a call for him to follow. She glanced back at Violet before coming back to the man and gently taking his hand in her jaws, making sure not to pierce his skin. Without the man noticing, Violet glanced back and a small smile crossed her lips. My better half, she thought to herself. She is soft where I am firm and understanding where I am stubborn. 

@Tanoshi

The boy sighed and slowly walked behind Violet, maybe this could be a good chance for him to leave this beginner town and move on, he was sick of being weak and vulnerable. Still, he couldn't fully trust her, the girl had a strange reason to help someone, which confused him, Tanoshi didn't know whether she wanted to help or to kill him. Then, he suddenly saw the leopard turning back, which caused him to flinch, he backed away a bit believing it intended on injuring him but then, to his surprise, it only roared, it must be asking him to speed up. Tanoshi sped up and eventually caught up to the two, keeping a safe distance in case Violet tried to do something. On his way into the forest, he took notice of the scenery around him, all the players talking with each other in the square, the cobblestone floors, the fountains, he feared that this could be his last time seeing all those things.

He looked at Violet and asked. "Where are we going?"

Violet glanced back and smiled. "Don't worry, rich boy. I can't kill you unless you accept a duel." She faced back forward and took in the scenery around her, her feet moving her along a memorized, invisible path. "I'm taking you to a patch for beginners. It'll be perfect for you to test out your skills and for me to see what you can do." Dahlia roared playfully behind her, and Violet giggled. "Dahlia also needs to get out and hunt. It would be tragic for me to keep her inside all day. Meanwhile, I can gather materials or something or another." She shrugged, not caring about what she would do in the meantime. Perhaps she could catch a nap under the nice sun. The rays were nice and gentle today. 

After a few more minutes of watching, the trio reached a small field surrounded by tall oak trees. In the middle of the field stood a small little boar pup. A measly and harmless thing -- even for a beginner. She turned to look at Tanoshi and grinned. Now came the fun part. "Now show me what you can do." 

@Tanoshi

Boar's Stats:
HP:  10
Damage: 3

He glanced at the boar, biting his lips. If what Violet said was true so the boar would be a perfect challenge. He unsheathed his sword, holding it tightly in his hands, focusing his eyes on the boar. He was sweating, a bit worried, what if something went wrong? Would Violet save him? He tried to wash all those thoughts away and focus on the enemy ahead. He wanted to try to finish the boar off in one hit, so he backed away, bending his knees and quickly charged forward with his sword, activating the skill Straight.

"HIYAAA!" Tanoshi let out a battle cry while dashing at the boar, there were moments that he just wanted to run away but he kept on running, calming himself that everything would be fine. Then, the images of Hiroto's death flashed through his mind, shivering him. He closed his eyes and kept on running and eventually, he slashed his sword at the boar....

Spoiler

ID: #135500
*Roll Result:
BD: 6(+1)=7 (Hit)
MD: 6 (Hit)

Tanoshi | HP: 17/20 | EN:0/2 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 0 (-3 HP; -2 EN)
>>Used Straight on Boar, BD=7(hit)
>>Damage=4*2=8
Boar | HP: 2/10 | DMG: 3 (-8 HP)

>>Basic Attack on Kanzaki, MD=6 (hit)
>>Damage=3

Upon executing the skill, Tanoshi managed to land a hit on the boar, leaving it with 2 HP, but then, while he was off-guard, the boar angrily charged and tackled him, reducing his HP.

Edited by Tanoshi

Violet stood casually with her back against a tree as she waited to see what Tanoshi would do. Her eyes watched the man closely as he charged towards the boar, activating a sword art. Good form, she thought to herself, smiling, for a rich boy. However, she saw him falter with his movements for just a movement. In this game, just one falter like that could cost a player their life -- especially at this level. She frowned. At least he had managed to hit the beast, but it had also hit him back. 

The woman glanced up at Tanoshi's health bar. She bit her lip, the only sign of her own nervousness. Only 20 health... She forgot how squishy level 1 players were. It seemed like forever since she had progressed through the levels, though in reality it had only been nearly a year. 

Dahlia paced restlessly next to Violet's side, grabbing the woman's attention for the next moment. Violet smiled and whistled the signal, allowing Dahlia to run off and hunt to her heart's content for the time being. She knew Violet would whistle to let her know when they were leaving. 

Directing her attention back to the level 1 player in front of her, Violet barked, "Pay attention! One false move could mean death." 

@Tanoshi

Spoiler

Roll ID: 135556
BD: 6+1=7 (hit)
MD: 7 (hit)

Tanoshi | HP: 17/20 | EN:1/2 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 0 (+1 EN)

Tanoshi | HP: 17/20 | EN:0/2 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 0 (-1 EN)
Boar | 
0/10 | DMG: 3 (-4 HP)

Every words that Violet said, it was true. Just one mistake in the battlefield and you might lose your whole life, he needed to be more careful, during the last attack, he was too careless to thought that a hit was enough to finish off the boar. He took a close look at the boar, noticing that it was standing in its battle stance, ready to charge up at him, knocking him prone. Tanoshi wouldn't let it happen!

He saw this as a nice chance to attack as the boar clearly showed a lot of weaknesses, the moment it ran up to him, it wouldn't have the time to pause for a beat to dodge this final attack of his. Tashino grinned, seeing that the boar began to dash at him. He paid close attention at it, just one mistake and it would be knocking him down, the worst scenario: death. The boar let out a fierceful battle cry on its way. Tanoshi as well, was letting his battle cry out, holding his sword tightly in his hands, ready to strike whenever the time came.

The boar got closer...and closer. NOW! his inner-voice told him as the boar was a few inches away from him. The boy jumped up and striked down at the boar with his sword. Soon, the boar slowly ceased from existence and all that was left of it were pixels of some sort.

He slowly breathed, feeling fresh after defeating the monster. A menu opened in front of his eyes, showing the loots.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #135557
LD: 18
CD: 10

LOOT
70 bonus Col
1 Rare Trinket

He widened his eyes at the loot, feeling lucky.

@Violet Smith

Edited by Tanoshi

Violet gave a slight smile as Tanoshi wiped the boar out of the game. Satisfied that the man would be able to handle himself for the time being, she walked along the line of trees surrounding the field, looking for materials. After a few minutes of searching, she found a bit of spider web that could be used in potion making or in some other type of crafting. She put the item into her inventory and then looked back over at Tanoshi. 

"So, why are you still level one?" she asked, blatant and curious. "Too scared to venture out like the others?" She had known the feeling for just a little while after the game had announced that they were all trapped and that if they died in the game, they died in real life. But after a few hours, the fear fell away, replaced by a want to escape. She had been faced with the harsh reality of death nearly every day in the real world. It hadn't bothered her much besides the day that this sick game all started. 

@Tanoshi

Spoiler

searching for T1 materials
Roll ID#: 135579
LD: 16 + 1 = 17 success

1 T1 material found

Edited by Violet Smith

Tanoshi was surprised as a slight smile formed on the face of the girl. He figured that she wasn't bad at all, anyways, her cursor wasn't orange. As she ventured further to find materials, Tanoshi was doing the same as well, hoping that they could help him in the long run. Then, Violet asked him about his reason for being a level 1 player... Talking about this topic kinda brought back bad memories to Tanoshi, memories that he had always tried to abandon but they kept coming back to haunt him in his sleep, his dream. In a sense, he was scared, but he wasn't actually scared, he didn't use to fear this game...the word that could be used here was "shock".

"Well on the first day of the game, I was all like...This game is such a nice way to escape reality! Even after the developer appeared and announced that we were trapped, I still believed this game is perfect for me... Then, someone really close, really important to me was killed during our hunting trip. Afterward, I don't know but I just kinda don't want to go out anymore..."

Spoiler

Roll ID: #135581
LD: 9

No materials found

Edited by Tanoshi

After hearing Tanoshi's reasoning, Violet frowned. A story she had heard too often it seemed. Then she got a good look at Tanoshi. He seemed younger -- perhaps high school age? She sighed and looked over at him. "I lost someone very important to me in the real world. I lived a life where death was around the corner. I will not say that I didn't feel fear myself for a little while after I learned after I was trapped her. I guess what affected me the most was the fact that my freedom was taken away." She paused to think, a finger on her cheek thoughtfully. "I've seen men murdered in front of my eyes. Murdered men as well. But I always had at least a little freedom when I was killing them. But now there's someone over me. Someone that wants me to die, and I have little control over it." 

She summoned her dagger into her hand and looked at the blade. "Even this can't kill without permission from another player." She sighed heavily once more. "I think what I feel is not fear. It is... hm... sadness. Like a caged bird." She went quiet for a little while, deep in thought. She had rarely given words to these feelings before. They were finally beginning to set in now that they were acknowledged. It felt like a new weight had been added to her shoulders. 

@Tanoshi

Why was she telling him this all of a sudden? He didn't interrupt her though, wanting to listen to the rest of her story. Maybe she was trying to tell him that Hiroto's death wasn't something he should fear about and that he should be braver? Her story was interesting though, this woman must had seen a lot in her lifetime. She wasn't a psycho, she was just another woman. Someone shouldn't had endured that much misery. Somewhere deep down, Kohiro, which was his real name, empathized this woman. He understood the feeling of being locked in a cage, not being able to do what he wanted and what he truly loved. However, Violet had killed people, why? He couldn't understand it and maybe he would never understand it. Despite all of her actions back in the real world, she could still be a good person, killers weren't always bad.

He wanted to say that he felt sorry for her, but she definitely didn't want someone to pity her. Instead, he just looked down on the solid ground and kept on listening. 

Though, the silence didn't last on for long...

It was broken by a series of hand-clapping. 

A player dressing all black with only his hair being red approached them, holding his one-handed sword. However, the important thing was his cursor, all orange. An implication that he must had killed someone? Seeing that, Tanoshi immediately drew his sword, holding it, looking at the man. The Red Player was having bloodlust in his eyes, wanting to kill both Violet and Tanoshi, taking their items.

Spoiler

Yvelxis | LV: 4 | HP: 80 | EN: 8 | DMG: 2 | ACC: 3

Sword Arts
[x2 AoE] Rage Spike (2 Energy +2 per target hit) - Strike each target in the vicinity twice in a blinding fit of uncontrolled rage.
[x3] Snake Bite (3 Energy) - The user quickly strikes the target with three brisk angled slashes.

@Violet Smith

Edited by Tanoshi

Violet turned her head swiftly towards the player. Orange cursor? That's the first one I've seen, she thought to herself before whistling the melody of a songbird. She checked the orange players stats really quick and laughed. "Level 4. Pathetic," she said, her eyes glinting with a type of lust. Now was her chance to take out someone without punishment. He was already an orange player. You could say she was doing the world a favor. 

With a quick trill of a whistle, the signal was given. Dahlia jumped from the bushes where she had been hiding as soon as she heard the first whistle. The leopard's attack surprised the man enough to give Violet a window of opportunity to attack. With a large grin, she activated her sword art and rushed at the player, thrusting her blade into his upper body and chest four times before leaping back and out of the way of any attacks. 

Violet giggled. "Idiot. You never should have shown yourself." She was beginning to enjoy herself. 

@Tanoshi

Spoiler

fad edge vs. orange player
Roll ID#: 135637
BD: 5 + 2 = 7 success
CD: 11 (+1 extra energy)

[H: 1] Violet:  220/220 HP | 22 - 4 + 1 = 19/22 EN | 3 DMG | 14 MIT | +1 ACC (+2 w/ Dahlia) | BLEED | +1 LD | 1 RECOVERY | KEEN (activated for next turn)
DMG: 3 * 4 = 12

vs. 

Yvelxis | LV: 4 | HP: 80 - 12 = 68/80 | EN: 8/8 | DMG: 2 | ACC: 3

Edited by Violet Smith