[PP-F1] Night Campfire (With Arabelle, Basuke, HoaxDemon, Mari)

It was dark, pretty dark in the world of Aincrad, it was nearly midnight and most players have already gone into their deep sleep. However, there was someone - a boy who couldn't sleep that went by the name Tanoshi. He was setting up a campsite in a remote part of the field, where the monsters spawn rate was they almost never appeared. He warmed himself by the fire, enjoying the breeze of the night, the feeling of being close to nature instead of staying in those boring inns. He yawned and looked a the grass, but he didn't feel like sleeping just yet so he kept sitting by the fire, reminiscing. He remembered that he and Hiroto used to spent a night like this years ago as well. He wiped some drops of tear away from his cheeks and looked at the stars, it was unbelievable to think that all of those night time beauties were just artificial. Then, a sudden thought ran through his mind, what if there were PKers lurking somewhere among the nearby bushes, waiting for a chance to kill him? Soon, the thoughts were washed away and he just kept sitting there in silence...

Spoiler

Stats
Level 1
HP: 20/20 | EN:2/2 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 0

Skills
*Weapon Skills
>>Novice Two-Handed Weapons (+3 base damage)

Sword Arts

Rank 1

[x2 AoE] Blast (2 Energy +2 per target hit) - A pair of horizontal sweeping strokes that hits multiple targets.

[x2] Straight (2 Energy) - Begins with the player bending their knees before thrusting forward with a singular powerful strike covering the gap between you and your opponent

.Equipments

Weapon(s): Rare T1 Two-Handed Straight Sword (+1 ACC, Bleed)
Armor(s): Vanity Leather Armor

Battle-ready Inventory

1) 3 Starter Healing Potions (heals 50 HP)
2)
3)
4)
5)

@Arabelle
@Basuke
@HoaxDemon

Edited by Tanoshi

A terrifying reality of Aincrad of the present was how crowded the inns were. And today, Basuke got unlucky.

A full house...

So that left his boarding plans shot. It felt that he was thrown out onto the streets, left alone to fend for himself with the way the receptionist scowled at him. He turned his attention down towards the main road out of town. Guess it was one of those days where he should be camping.

With the land flooded in darkness, what was left in the sky were a thousand shimmering lights. Maybe more, if the boy were to count. He scratched at his ear as his feet hit dirt from stone, then shuffling through some grass instead. A shortcut, he justified, trying not to get his new kicks muddied. One where the monsters weren't rowdy, and all was calm and serene. For a moment he wondered if there would be some other player, unlucky like him out there. Then he pushed the thought away, his mind too busy occupied with the wriggling within his jacket pocket.

A screech, as the worm peeped out from underneath the grey cloth. With a soft chuckle, Basuke wiggled his finger over his familiar's head, watching its form bob in the darkness. At least someone was excited to be out in the wilderness today. "I'll set you down in a bit," he assured the worm. "No need to worry."

His gaze returned to the road, as he neared the edge of the fields. It seemed that fate had betrayed his expectations once again -- where he expected a mull black-and-blue, there was a faint glow of orange ebbing out against the grass. Company.

Basuke winced, before heading over to the stranger. His steps were louder, careful, and he announced his presence with a "Yo!". The wriggling creature slunk into his pocket, wary, as the boy looked the other player over. "Kick out of town too?" With a finger, he pulled open his menu, turning his body to an angle, ready to set up a tent. "Too bad, huh? But this place safe, right?"

Spoiler

Lv: 9 | Basuke | HP: 180/180 | EN: 18/18 | ACC: 3 | DMG: 3 | LD: 3

- - - Equipment - - -

1. [T1E3] Tri-Hexagon Metal Pin
    > Accuracy III | +3 ACC
  2. [T1E3] Wooden Omamori
    > Loot Die III | +3 LD
  3. [T1E3] Supreme Yeezyz Pen Ultim8 Shoez
    > Evasion III | +3 EVA

- - - Skills - - -

1. 1H Straight Sword | RANK: 2/5 | +2 DMG
  2. - - -

- - - Battle-Ready Inventory - - -

1. x3 | Starter Healing Potions | Heals 50 HP
  2. x4 | Eggtart | +1 LD for the duration of a thread.
  3. x1 | Spyglass [2/3] | -5 posts when searching for a dungeon or familiar, for the duration of a thread.
  4. - - -
  5. - - -

- - - Misc. - - -

• - - -
Edited by Basuke

Guess its any other place like this, but really did I already lose this guy by a simple stupid bird. It was really not that hard to follow people but how the hell could I lose someone that was not even sneaking once they left the town. He may have been an orange player but I need to get his name so I can make sure he is in my contacts as well

For now, I find myself in the night following someone I don't even know the name of with an orange cursor. Well, you did it HD you did it. No, I was not lost if you gonna ask that I always find my way back to the settlement. As I walked past some trees and other things while wearing a sort assassin hood and my Rapier on my hip I just looked to the ground trying to track down this guy, but without much luck at all. "Darn it, Well forget it, Guess I go do nothing again or until he shows up to have fun," I said low as I followed the path for a bit

For some time as I walked in the dark not caring about anything in this world, it was clear I did face fear at all. Well, for the time being, I didn't fear anything at all. Then I saw something a fire, With a grin on my smile and a bit of evil joy I smiled and walked up to the fire. Slowly grabbing my rapier in my hand I help it slow and close to my leg. "Well Well Well, Two lost puppies. All out here in the wild." I said as I got closer as my face was hidden by my hood a bit and the only thing you could see on my face was my grin. "It's quite daring to be out here all alone, Or at least without protection. And even having a campfire ooh who would not see this as an invitation," I said this still standing just out of the light from the fire. "Mind if I ask, why are two of you out here. To get hurt or to find something." My voice sounded emotionless the whole time as I spoke and nothing not even the high of my voice changed while I spoke. It was like I was just some NPC without good programming but you could clearly see that I was a player with the crystal above my head.

Spoiler

HoaxDemon | Level 1 | HP20/20 | EN2/2 | DMG 4

Skill

Rapier Rank 1

Items

Daemonium | T1 Rare Rapier | DMG, DMG

Edited by HoaxDemon

As he was enjoying the lull of the darkness, Tanoshi was suddenly disturbed by a voice. His eyes darting off at the direction of the sound, it was a bit annoying for him to realize that he wasn't alone. Wanting to be polite, he answered the stranger.

"Not quite, I voluntarily came here and yeah, it's safe, haven't seen any mobs."

Another reason that he answered the anonymous newcomer was that he made himself known, which might implied that he could be a good person, not planning on holding a sneak attack against Tanoshi. The adolescent then just kept staring at the newcomer for a while before another figure arrived...

Just hearing the voice of this new guy got him all concerned, Tanoshi quickly stood up and held his sword, hearing what the hooded figure have to say. The more that he heard from him, the more cautious he was. However, his level prevented him from attacking the person, there could be a huge gap between the two of them. Tanoshi narrowed his eyes and shouted, trying to intimidate the guest.

"WHO ARE YOU?! WHY ARE YOU HERE?!"

Edited by Tanoshi

An's loot minimum was higher than Floor 1's maximum parameters. Floor 1's maximum could hardly scratch her when she had her armor and shield on, as proven by her latest trip to Floor 11 to farm Col with the blessing of a mug of hot chocolate. Therefore, An was free to frolic about Floor 1's combat zones as much as she pleased.

It was simple logic!

...ah, but what on earth had she been thinking? The amateur player had stayed out for so long that a glance to the clock in her HUD immediately brought out the instinctive dread of coming home to her parents yelling at her about curfew. An had wanted to put off her thoughts from her failing shop for the time being; she picked up that profession half for convenience and half for a good time (there was some thrill in playing the guessing game as she stared intensely down at a weapon in the process of identifying), but at the moment, she was having neither. It wasn't any good, she thought as she traversed the path back to town with a small lamp in offhand. What was the point in falling into stasis to stress over something she had momentarily lost passion for?

It was a wonderful experience though, being lost in her little adventure. Every twist and turn seemed to bring about something new in a floor she already thought she'd fully explored. Maybe she had just forgotten. An hadn't been keeping notes.

Darkness blanketed her immediate surroundings. Stars twinkled in the virtual sky above her and in the distance, she thought she glimpsed the light from the town gate. Home, she thought. An was surprisingly alone on the paved road, and before she fully committed to going back in, she allowed her gaze to wander the nighttime surroundings for a bit.

Was that a campfire?

It wasn't far from the gate. Nothing anyone wouldn't be too concerned about. Perhaps a group of players wanting to camp out and roast marshmallows as they told stories and such? Ooooh. She'd gone on a few good camping trips back in the day, but never in SAO! Seeing a few silhouettes by the flame as she drew a bit closer, the girl's curiosity was immediately snagged. An gravitated towards it, dematerializing her oil lamp to trade for her auburn-tinted shield with an eager smile. Maybe a peep in and a 'hello' wouldn't be too much? People in SAO were friendly, the players she'd met definitely proved it! So she strolled past the opening in the brush -- not too eagerly, she knew her manners and...

Promptly walked into what looked like a tense standoff. If the person yelling was any indication.

And I oop--

Was it possible to load a previous savepoint? Aka, literally fifteen seconds ago?

"Hello?" she greeted, sheepishly. Silver hair didn't do well for blending in with the dark; they had likely seen her now. An stepped closer to the light. Just a regular girl with odd hair and odd eyes and an odd weapon and shield, many would probably figure. The black-hilted rapier at her side that occasionally expelled shadowy bubbles into the air was always something that was questioned, but the casual appearance of her armor complete with the red wool cap tucked over her hair and the awkward smile she now wore was enough to dispel any sort of imposing she would have possessed. "P-pretty late to be out here, huh? Are you guys holding a camp-out?"

Edited by Andromeda

A boy. About his age, Basuke guessed. As his eyes watched the tent materialize right by him, he waved his menu away, returning them to his jacket pocket with a grunt of surprise. "Volun... volunta-ree? Safe, yes, but..." The boy pursed his lips, shoving his fingers under it in curiosity. He stayed that way for a bit, eyes shifting as he pondered the word, before a shifting of grass behind them caught their attention instead.

From the dark, a hooded player approached, his words taunting the two would-be adventurers. Had Basuke been a little more attentive, he would've registered half of the words, but all he received from the stranger were bad vibes and hostility -- and it seemed to be so as his acquaintance mirrored the sentiment with paranoia and volume.

Why they were out here?

"U-um," the boy finally managed, facing the newcomer. "You need something?" His eyes travelled to their cursor, then back to their form, barely illuminated by the campfire. They weren't dangerous yet -- and Basuke was sure that he wasn't going down without putting up a fight. Perhaps his queries were worth humoring?

"... Just here to sleep, man." An honest response, coupled with an honest gesture; he gripped his blade's hilt, nested by his side, hands gentle, but resolute. Maybe that alone was enough of a warning against them trying anything funny.

"Hello?"

And suddenly, there were four. A young lady that looked vaguely familiar approached, seemingly intimidated yet curious. Basuke tilted his head, shooting her an exhausted look, before glancing back at the hooded attendee. "Camp, yes," he added, pressing down on the edge of the hilt in his hand, raising the blade behind him upwards. "Was. We can go back to it if not he's not a danger." The free hand in his pocket reached out to point at the mystery visitor, the boy furrowing his brows as he did so.

Edited by Basuke

Mari had just finished helping Kendre with some of his beginner quests, boy...was that an experience. She wasn't expecting it to take all day and yet...here she was, at night. On the first floor.  There was no way in the seven layers of hell that she'd be able to walk all the way back up to a higher floor. One of the detriments to being a PKer; no teleportation into the towns and waltzing into an inn. 

F**k when was the last time I even slept in a bed?

Mari sighed, it was one of the things she missed most about towns, a peaceful nights sleep. She paused just atop a very, very small hill. Tilting her head up toward the starts her lips parted into the slightest of smiles. At least...the night sky was beautiful. And the first floor? In terms of weather, it wasn't all too bad. She wore her usual attire; a black fitted V-neck shirt, dark denim jean shorts, and boots - and with exposed arms and legs, it wasn't cold. "Maybe...this isn't so bad." She mused to herself as she took a step forward.

Woops

The ground was a little lower than the freckled redhead expected. D
                                                                                                                         o
                                                                                                                           w
                                                                                                                             n

She went. Sliding across the dewy grass she skidded and lost her footing. One foot stumbled in front of the other till Mari ended up face first on the ground. Landing with a heavy 'Ompf'

Mari groaned as she lifted her head up off the ground, rubbing her forehead, blades of grass stuck to her cheeks. "F**K I'm glad no one....s..aw...that..." She trailed off as she stared at the players before her.

Sh*t

"W-What the f**k are you all looking at!?" She spat in embarassment as she went to stand up, only to trip back over and land on her backside. 

Well, that was a fine entrance.

Edited by Mari

Tanoshi was stressed out by all those new arrivals, the presence of them just made things less peaceful. After a while, he sat by the campfire again, ignoring the creepy hooded player. He thought for a bit, actually, it wasn't too bad having company, in case something bad happened so he calmed down a bit.

"Join me by the campfire if you want to." Tanoshi kindly told the hooded player and a boy seemingly at his age.

Then, as he thought that no-one else would come, he noticed a girl as Basuke spoke up, she looked friendly yet intimidated, possibly it was because of some dumb shouting he did earlier.

"Uhm....hi....do you wanna join us by the campfire?" he asked her.

The next time another player appeared, it scared the hell out of him. A player that kept tripping and falling, however, the thing that concerned him was her cursor, an orange cursor implying that she was a Player Killer. Tanoshi shivered, thinking that she was here to assassinate them, however, in a moment of clumsiness, she tripped over and revealed herself. Without any pauses, he stood up as fast as he could and backed away, informing the other players:

"OH MY GOD THAT'S A RED PLAYER!"

Edited by Tanoshi

It was no surprise the see the guy so much in a panic. It was really not hard to sneak up on this guy, but it seemed another player joined as the panic of the guy shouted out demanding to know who I was. I sighed and still with my hood on I made a formal bow "The name is of something you fear, a death wish to know. Names are useless but call me HD if you need," I said putting on a tone that had some royalty vibe to it. Then I cleared my thoughts and let out a sigh still holding my rapier in hand.

Turning my eyes to the new voice I heard I tilted my head a bit, while still facing the guy in front of me. Lovely, what turned into a small mission on getting intel to turn out in a campout, bloody hell why do I end up with the most peaceful people on earth. "Well It doesn't seem like a friendly campout, I'm here are sword points speaking my mind like I always do... Its just a fact that this sheep is not used to people like me and gets scared from something I have not done yet," I say with a voice as monotone as ever, with no emotions at all.

It seems like after a time of me staring at the sheepish boy and doing nothing he seemed to calm down and went to sit down at the fire again. Sad I was hoping to see how long he could hold up this sheep act. But before I could turn away and leave again I heard something well fall... And not long for a few seconds, I looked dead eye at what it was. Ooh, How lovely, my brain went when I saw the player fall, just another useless person who came here. But then as soon as I looked up at the cursor I for the first time in for a long time got a smile on my face. But that soon disappeared as the GUY behind me screamed in panic, I then let out a sigh and put my rapier back in its hilt again.

I walked up to the orange player with a legit smile for every and removed my hood. Dark Brown curling hair and a well-cleaned face, brown eyes, around the age of 20. For some reason, there was quite a bit of emotion speaking in the eyes of my soulless body. "Sorry for staring," I said politely to the girl with the orange cursor. "I could not help it, by the entrance you made there," Saying this I lent her a hand or two to help her get up again. Doing so I whispered in her hear, "Name is Date, If you ever need something from town just call me," I said sending her a friend request with a smile helping her up

@Basuke @Mari @Tanoshi @Andromeda

"Really..." Mari groaned as she started to brush the blades of grass off of dirtied knees, moving up to her shorts, shirt, then face. "Kid..." Mari sighed. Could she blame him for acting that way. She had quite literally stumbled upon their...what was it now? Her blue eyes shifted from one player to the other. It was a group of some kind. She couldn't tell if they were all friends going on a camping trip - or if it was some strange coincidence that everyone had been drawn here today. 

"Listen, ya really don't have to shout so f**king loud." Mari muttered as she finished straightening herself out. "If someone wasn't annoyed at you before, they sure as hell would be now, after you so rudely point and shout like that. What are you, 12?" 

Oh yes, fantastic Mari, that will really calm his nerves

Mari knew it was wrong to chastise him so. She was frustrated, at how easily she had lost her footing and stumbled forward, and at his outburst - but her own ineptitude was not the fault of the people before her. So it was unfair for her to take it out on them. Mari drew in a long, deep breath and counted to three before exhaling. "Sorry. Just, maybe not shout so loud next time?" Mari suggested with the tilt of her head. "Fear...is a rational response..." She began as she pulled out her dagger - maybe if she were calm in her actions, she'd not incite any more fear from them. Mari carefully balanced it, so the crimson blade sat upright on the palm of her hand. It's black hilt, shaped like two interlocking snakes danced to and fro.  "A red player. A Pker. A murderer. All these things are true." Mari said quietly. They were words that were repeated to her daily, from others and from the recesses of her own mind.

"But think about it..." She tilted her hand so the blade clattered to the ground. Mari took a step forward so her boot landed on it. Ensuring she couldn't 'easily grab it' or that others wouldn't try to wrestle it away from her.  "I literally..." She cleared her throat, glancing away. "R-rolled into your gathering. Rather embarrassing really...Do you think I bloody well plan to do anything with an entrance like that? I don't want to hurt any of you, To be honest...I'd rather forget any of this ever actually happ-"

Mari was interrupted by another of the kids, albeit this one looked a little bit older. A strange smile broke soft features as they removed their hood.

Ok who the f**k is this kid now?

Her unspoken question was answered; he at least had the thought to apologize for staring, although if Mari was honest she hadn't even noticed. "Yeh, not exactly graceful, so much for being a frontliner, eh?" Mari joked. Not that it'd make sense to any of them. She had planned to rejoin the frontlines, and was pretty much ready, beyond the need for consumables. 

Whoa.

Whoa, whoa, [censored] whoa

He was close, way too close. His breath tickled the skin on her ear and neck, creating goosebumps as he had given her his name and the offer of friendship.

"Hang on a second there romeo." Mari said as she pushed him away. "I Don't just accept sh*t like that willy nilly. Do ya have any idea how many people are after my head?"

And then... came the part Mari hated. If she gave them her name; they may know it. She was infamous just a few years ago, but lately it seemed that it had waned, thankfully. Still, Mari didn't want to be rude. (Of course she had been already, but good luck trying to explain that to her)

"Names Mari, Just Mari."

It wasn't 'The Pink Pker' it wasn't murderer, monster, nor was it even the strongest player of Aincrad anymore, hell - she barely made it in list of the top 20 these days. No. It was just Mari. No more, no less.

He cocked his head to the side, shooting the hooded figure a confused look. Their words were strange, and Basuke couldn't figure out what they'd truly meant himself. So much for thinking his capabilities for a basic camping trip outside was enough. The boy held his face as he shook his head, repeating the player's 'name' under his breath. It was attached with a groan, along with slumped shoulders. "... Puppy, sheep; if you like animals so much, just say you're a furry, be nice to others and get it over with...!"

At the behest of the original camper, the hooded figure approached the fire, taking a seat. Basuke watched him from the gaps in between his fingers, before withdrawing his hand and loosening his grip from his weapon. A sigh, before the boy managed to add, "Be with you two. Second."

One crouch, turning to face the insides of his tent. With a gentle ruffle through his clothes pockets, he allowed Smiggle to wriggle out of his person, setting him loosely on the tent floor. The worm seemed to look about curiously, mouth agape, and the boy returned him a small smile, only barely visible with his back towards the flames. "Stay here," he spoke, patting its head gently. "And if you want to wander in the soil, be careful when you do it, okay?"

"Scree!"

Once he let the earthen child down, Basuke began to rise, turning around just in time to react to a thud and a howl. Right at the entrance of their campsite was yet another player -- oh. This time, their cursor wasn't very welcome. The boy felt his eye twitch for a second, uncertain of how to cope with the newcomer. "Hai!" was all he could shout, out of surprise and concern than fear, and the best his body could do was drop his hand towards the hilt of his blade once again.

The knowledge that HD had plans on reacting to their new villain irked him more than the gesture should've. The man rose from his spot, walking over to the orange-haired player as he removed his hood. Basuke furrowed his brows further, confusion and concern mixed heavily on his face. Was it really a good idea to approach this outcast of a person right now? Didn't... didn't he notice her indicator?

That means-- uh, what does it mean again? It's been so long since I've checked the system manual...

The woman got up on her own, though it seemed like HD was trying to aid her up. She toyed with a dagger in her hands after a spell. At her warnings to the shoutees (Ah, that's me), he gulped in embarrassment, stammering out a "Sorry," when he finally found his voice again.

Pee-kae-ur? What the heck's a pee-kayer? Basuke grumbled under his breath once again, pressing his lips together tightly. At least she'd dropped the dagger in her hands now, seemingly tripping on her words. So she wasn't a threat, after all? The boy felt a little sorry for her, but many, many more questions swirled around his mind. He raised a hand, letting go of his weapon. "Sorry-- Can you-- can you put it simply? You are not here to..." An honest, processing pause. "To... hit us? Yes?"

Gahhhhhhhhh. Gaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh speaking in a foreign language is hard--!!

Before he could receive a reply, though, it seemed that HD's advances were rebuffed, and it brought a smirk to the boy's face. He snorted, wearing a smug smile as he looked away, before remembering the boy at the campfire. That's right, he should be cordial about his presence too.

A steady amble over to the fire, before he took a seat to a side of the player in black. "Strange day," he commented, leaning back to rest of his hands. "Not a lot of people here most of the time. Ah..." He gestured over to the different players as he said their names out. "HD. Mari. Basuke," a hand resting on his own chest, before he extended it over to the other boy in curiosity. "Name?"

Edited by Basuke

Tanoshi was overwhelmed by the sudden arrival of the people with one Red Player. He scratched his head, confused not knowing whether she was evil or not. He clearly couldn't hide his panic and yes, he knew that he was overreacting, but he just couldn't stop it. Voices of Hiroto kept repeating in his head telling Tanoshi that she could be trusted. However, he couldn't trust his "own" inner-voice because he was going insane. Then, the Red Girl did something that alarmed him, she shouted at him. He quickly reached for the hilt of his sword but let it go as soon as he noticed her clumsy words. He would had almost burst into a laugh if the weird, kinda rude hooded boy didn't interfere... He performed what seemed like flirty interactions under Tanoshi's eyes to the red player. Even though she wasn't bad, she had killed people and she still couldn't be trusted yet. That boy was weird. He backed away by a few inches, being cautious, them being noisy like this in the middle of the night could perhaps attract alot of unwanted attentions. He wanted to do something to ease the atmosphere but it would be tremendously weird if he suddenly asked someone he just shouted at to burn marshmallow with him. He shook his head and looked at each of them, those noisy "companions"....

"So....can we just sit by this fire and talk? Burning marshmallow? Civilly talk things out? Imma start, my name is Tanoshi." 

He said while awkwardly scratching his head repetitively. Unsure whether he did the right thing or not.

@Andromeda @Basuke @Mari @HoaxDemon

To know that this whole thing turned out to be a bit more heated, Alright first things first. Seems I need to get my point to this player, called ... Mari. But really this guy doesn't know his name anymore Ta... Tano... Tanoshi. I guess I did get it there. As hower Mari pushed me a bit I smiled, she seemed to get the wrong Idea and his grin disappeared. "Okay... Mari... You got the wrong Idea. I am not flirting at all, That stuff can rot in a deep hole. I'm offering you a way into safe zones without getting caught by guards," I say to her making sure only she could hear it and be careful that the kid who seemed to have a switch in his action to being more friendly to the player killer.

"So fast saying, I'm offering you help to get into town safely, Its a small business so you can say thanks or not. But sorry if I startled you."  I say taking a few steps back as I turn to the guy sitting at the campfire. I had more a surprising look then one. What that is a turn on events really, first of he starts screaming out of panic next he um... well seemed to ask for some old-time campfire stuff. Really, cuz I have to hook up with this if I want to get the trust of this Orange player.

And this other guy, He seemed to have trouble speaking in the first place, Like okay I understand but why so hard, is the system not picking up his language and translate it to ours or his he really just speaking this bad Japanese. But now to think about it lets just get some rest, "Alright Tanoshi," I said a bit annoyed. "If you have food I'm open to eat and get something inside my body before I get out of the way with more interesting Player," I said standing next to the fire, Naah I did not go and sit down just stand... there.

@Mari @Tanoshi @Basuke @Andromeda

Mari's eyes flicked to one of the others who were sitting closer to the fire;  was he speaking a different language? She tilted her head to the side staring at him thoughtfully trying to pick it. It was...Korean right? Well, that was a pickle. Mari knew literally no Korean whatsoever. Japanese? Yeh she could stumble her way through a few sentences, but Korean? it confused her. "No." Came her curt reply. "I am not here to hit you. I was just..." What was she doing? Enjoying the night sky? The warmth of the summer breeze?

Was it really fair to say that? To feel those things?

"I was enjoying the quiet solitude and the night sky." Came her final response to Basuke. That...was a sound answer, right? 

Then the other, what did he say his name was again? Dante? Yeh. Dante had apologized, saying she got the wrong idea. Mari huffed as she crossed her arms. "You came riiight up to me, and whispered in my ear. Most people would find that a little unnerving or flirtatious. Still..." Mari sighed. She wasn't being really socialable was she? "Thanks. I don't do good with..." she gestured to the group around the fire. "People...especially this many of them. I can't say you startled me...more so I just - kinda like my personal space."  Mari tugged on her hair as she watched the crowd.

"I'm not sure you all would want a murderer to sit around a fire eating burnt marshmallows. Surely"

She glanced back over at Dante, who seemed to be entranced by the fire; just....staring...silently into the flames. Ok. Maybe he'd want her to stay.

"So if ya'll want me to leave, I will."
@Basuke @Tanoshi @Andromeda @HoaxDemon

"Tanoshi?" Basuke repeated, trying to commit the name to memory as he put a hand to his face. So he was Japanese, then? The name sounded familiar enough. "Tanoshi, nice to meet you!"

The boy eyed the other two a distance away, wondering what was the hold up in their spat. He tilted his head at Mari's objection, nodding in understanding at the answer she followed up with. A hand held up to his mouth to holler back. "Okay! If not--" Attack! That was the word! "-- attack us, then you cool!" He didn't need to know what solitude meant, nor why she was watching the stars above. As long as there wasn't danger, it was good enough for him.

The two began talking about food. Marshmallows were being namedropped often enough for Basuke to recall the word, but not so much the delicacy. He raised a brow, warming his hands by the fire. Had they not eaten? Maybe so. HD did seem to be out of it, spacing out while standing and gazing into the flames. Meanwhile, at the corner of his vision, Mari appeared to feel out of place with her fidgeting. Basuke tilted his head to the side, mind humming with query as to why they hadn't joined in at the hearth yet.

Maybe they were just shy.

The boy snorted, before waving them over with enthusiasm. "No need to leave. You two hungry, right? Come and eat here! Rest for tomorrow or before going." He returned his hands to the flames, before looking over to Tanoshi with a wry shrug. "It's like they never done this before. You too? Camp out here is normal, I think. Used to be every day, I remember. Now just every two weeks, I think."

@Tanoshi @Mari @HoaxDemon @Andromeda # a-arabelle ;w;);;

Edited by Basuke

One was apologetic and the other spoke in broken sentences. Both appeared largely unbothered by her intrusion. Could she even call it an intrusion if they didn't seem to mind? The hooded player was the only one she might be concerned with, but overall, poking around this little campfire didn't seem like such a bad--

CRASH!

"Eeyaaah!!"

From the relative darkness came sliding a very embarrassed orange lady who held just as much luck as An did on a normal day. An had jumped back in surprise, and after letting out a cry that was thankfully joined by at least one other person, she tried to still her nerves. Yelling Boy wasn't of any help, however. "A-a-a-a red player?!" Caught off guard, a fresh wave of fear struck her and she instinctively hid behind her shield. Her other hand, rather than her rapier, went to confirm the teleport crystal tucked into her brown coat. 

Perhaps that lack of hostility had been for the best. When the orange woman spoke, An tensed at her harsh words, and then tried to subtly inch closer to the other green players when a dagger appeared in the player-killer's hand, and then... shakily lowered her shield and eased herself out of her rigid defensive stance as the dagger fell to the ground and was promptly stomped on by a boot. 

"Y-yeah. Sorry about that." An put her shield away with a guilty smile, but whatever she might have thought to say next vanished from her mind when Hooded Boy went and spoke to the orange woman. He was too close. Merely watching it was enough to bring an embarrassed red flush to her cheeks. Weirdo. Troublemaker. Shooting the woman a sheepish smile, she stayed close to the other, friendlier two as they stayed by the fire. 

If An had been more knowledgeable, she would have probably recognized the woman's name the moment she said it. She knew someone like Arabelle or that other orange player she met could. But she wasn't, and she just remembered she still hadn't given her name. "Andromeda," she said, following suit after the others. Mari, HD, Basuke, Tanoshi... she looked at them individually as she silently repeated their names. Her mind was starting to whirl. Four names at once? "Just call me An!"

She turned a friendly smile to Mari. "I don't--" but a woman calling herself a murderer? A woman who was an actual murderer? Truth be told, An had never once thought deeply of those sorts of things. But there didn't seem like there was anything wrong with Mari, right? "I don't mind."

If anything, she was wondering just how friendly those two had to be, to invite them to their little camp-out. 

Or, oh heck, did Tanoshi and Basuke know each other? She thought she heard a round of introductions going around earlier.

"Hm. I've never stayed out this late either. In SAO, I mean. But I've gone on a few camping trips long, long ago. I know how to roast marshmallows~," she hummed proudly. Walking round the campfire, she seated herself properly and folded her hands before her. She would have looked every bit like a refined lady if it were not for the unrestrained excitement shimmering in her eyes. "...where are they, though?"

(just bumpin' this along)

Basuke, (or was it BAh-soo-keh?) Mari wasn't sure, but either way - the kid was definitely Korean. Mari inwardly flinched at her inability to understand. To be able to be fluent in every language That'd be amazing. But, that was a fantasy and this was the real world - or as close to it as they could be right now. Then there was that Tanoshi kid. ....Damn, they were all kids weren't they? Just enjoying a night out under the stars.  To be so carefree....Mari missed that.

A rueful smile broke her freckled face as blue coloured eyes shifted to the ground. She appreciated the sentiment some of them shared. They were apprehensive, yet willing to let her join. "I do appreciate it, I really do." Mari said. "But I don't really have anything aside from a few stories to add to your little camp out."

Tanoshi?" Basuke repeated, trying to commit the name to memory as he put a hand to his face. So he was Japanese, then? The name sounded familiar enough. "Tanoshi, nice to meet you!"

She wasn't one for sweets, at least not in the form of marshmallows. "Yanno, I am hungry." Mari said with a little more energy as she took a step toward the fire. She shifted her gaze to @Basuke  "But I'm not really one for sweets. So don't worry, I'm not gonna steal your marshmallows or whatever."  She shifted her eyes up to the sky. "I used to.... go camping that is." She had gone a few times with her bastard of an ex husband, of course....back then it was all smiles and smoked meats.

Mari couldn't help but smile at @Andromeda as she walked around the fire and sat down - clearly excited for the sickly sweet treats to come.

"Alright. How about this..." Mari proposed - still keeping enough distance from the fire an the others, to give them space. "If some of you help provide me with a savoury meal, I'll let each of you ask me a question. Anything. I've been around a while - and am a returning frontliner. Information is very, very useful in this world. More so than some scraps of food. Right?"

@HoaxDemon  @Tanoshi

• 2 weeks later...

I've definitely gone crazy.

For real Tanoshi? They are strangers!

They might be nice, but they can stab your back!

Chill Tano, it's unlikely that they will draw their swords and kill you.

Strings of thoughts were sent flying through the mind of young Tanoshi. He felt as if he had gone crazy. He did notice the sudden change in his reactions, they were strange, he went from a scared and panicking kid to a nice boy, asking those strangers for a heartwarming campfire. How cute! Anyways... His eyeballs moved rapidly as he looked at each of them, counting. Five. That was the number of players gathering around the campfire that he built, which was supposed to be for his quiet and peaceful night, things went in a totally unexpected direction. Though, it'd be safer in number, in case a floor 100 boss suddenly spawned, all of them would meet their demise, still better than dying alone under the night's sky. As Tanoshi was sitting on the green grass, keeping a safe distance from the burning fire, he tried to remember their names. Okay so we have the creepy boy, introducing his name as HD, HD as in HD TV maybe? Then, someone said their name was Marry, maybe the orange girl. Oh, and Androiida is the shy girl! Finally, we have Bakugo, a boy that doesn't speak Japanese influently. Maybe not a native speaker. The boy thought as he was trying to remember the names of those newly-met players, it was likely that he got all of them wrong, as he had never been good with names. For a while, all Tanoshi did was remaining silent, eyeing them talking with each other, until Mari gave them a proposal.

"If some of you help provide me with a savoury meal, I'll let each of you ask me a question. Anything. I've been around a while - and am a returning frontliner. Information is very, very useful in this world. More so than some scraps of food. Right?"

Tanoshi figured that Mari would be starving as she was offering food for good information. Or was it just the girl being nice? Tanoshi wouldn't really care as the deal sounded good. At the same time, the boy was being hungry as well, haven't putting anything in his stomach for half a day to save his little amount of Col.

"Food for information? Sounds good to me!"

@Mari @Basuke @Andromeda @HoaxDemon

There was much for the talk of food, but Basuke squinted his eyes as he turned to look around the group, wondering if anyone would make a move.

Did... did no one have any food saved away?

Wha... Seriously...?

He groaned, pulling up his inventory for a hot second with a brash wave of his fingers. The few containers of food he'd pulled up were fogged up, still as warm as the day they'd been prepared. They weren't made by him, though -- in fact, the chef label on the small examination window read 'Randal'. The boy's face lit up for a beat when he saw the name, before going stoically calm again.

Inside the emerald-tinted containers were small portions of Italian cuisine. He hoped the food would taste good, having not tried each different meal before, but he had hope in his friend's skills. Plus, for a party of people, it should've been way better than whatever granola bars he was going to offer them to begin with.

He passed around some to Tanoshi and Andromeda, the two being the closest to him, before raising one of the boxes towards Mari and HD, beckoning them over with it, a disgruntled look on his face. "Luuuuuckyy," he scorned, lamenting his eventual feast for a beat. "Food rare or something? It is... very strange." A glance towards Andromeda, Basuke offering a tilt of his head. "Not sure marshmallow is though. Sorry, too bad."

His gaze returned to the fire, as he began unboxing the sample in his hands. "Maybe I become chef one day, from look of it. Looks good money." From his menus, he then brought out a pack of dispensable chopsticks, the boy picking out a set for himself before offering it to the party. "All you need to prepare more. Seriously..."

Oh, and one more thing. Basuke shot a curious look at Mari, not having forgotten her offer. His hands made their way around his own box of food, lifting up the lid as he spoke. "We ask one question, right? Mine, then: 'Frontliner', what's that mean, to put simply?" He'd heard the term before, but given little context, it was hard for him to judge what stood for. Perhaps now would be a good time for him to catch the gist of it for real.

Mari chanced a small step closer to the group; being careful not to scare them. This..was a big step for her - figuratively that is. To just approach a group of people who were enjoying themselves? To try and insert herself into a normal discussion despite her status and her past... it was...a lot 

Just to think a few months ago; where she ran into her first encounter, Macradon - how bitter and rude she was. How quickly she tried to dismiss him and push him away, shouting swears and barbed insults splattered with thinly veiled threats his way - but now? He was her best friend. So who was to say this group of rag-tag people couldn't somehow form some sort of connection with her. She had to at least try.

"Yeh, it is a good deal." Mari said to @Tanoshi. She wondered if any of them knew the wealth and value of information she held. She doubted it. Mari found a seat; a little further out from the others, but close enough that the fire's light danced against her face and warmed the skin on her cheeks. "I am not able to shop for food." Mari said as she tapped her knee. "I can't go into towns and buy it; so I go between dealing with the pains and exhaustion of hunger to trying to barter with people like...well...you, for some food."   It was half true, before now, Mari was used to not eating for months.  But now, she had contacts - she could ask Macradon or Ceres to order her something to eat, but her friendship with the white haired man was new, and she didn't want to press it. 

Mari reached out to accept the food that @Basuke had given. "Thanks." She offered him a grateful smile. "I appreciate this more than you know." She placed it in her lap and opened up the lid. It smelt warm, and inviting.  "A Chef is an underrated profession, I think the world could definitely use more. Maybe I should switch to it too...so I can feed myself, maybe even return the favour."   Mari pulled a fork out from her inventory, at least she had one of those. And stuffed it into the saucy insides; it looked like a creamy tomato pasta. Basil leaves clung to thick fettecene noodles as Mari pulled them into her mouth with a slurp. She chewed, swallowed, then answered the first question.

"You can ask more than one, but if it pisses me off I won't answer it. A frontliner..." Did he really not know what it was? Maybe it was a language barrier. "Frontliners are people who find and search the labrynths - then defeat those bosses to unlock the floor bosses. Many frontliners also fight those floor bosses to unlock the path up the tower and eventually out of this game." 

@Andromeda  @HoaxDemon