[OP - F22] Star-Crossed Gala

Vigilon really loved the sight of Krysta in her dress. She truly appreciated his honesty. "Heehee, thank you, Alex, you're so sweet...I appreciate the honesty." 

But before anything else could be said, several scenes played out. First there was a woman with an orange cursor pushing away a chair with a younger female player, then there was the moment of secondhand embarrassment from the man who kicked down a door that did not exist...and the last one would prove to be the most problematic. Dazia just had to cause some trouble. It would seem that Veriost would get out of hand as well. Vigilon would say that he needed to sort out the chaos his familiar was causing. "It's all right, Alex, there is something I must do as well. I'll meet up with you near the refreshments."

Krysta would follow the trail of the redhead who Dazia had brought harm to, hoping to handle the situation differently than she originally wanted to. Seeing that this was a social event, There would be an automatic ceasefire between Krysta and Dazia for its duration. It would take Krysta some time to figure out where the woman had gone, but when she finally managed to find her, she was under a tree, stricken with sorrow...

"Do you need some help?" Krysta offered. "I could see if I might be able to mend your dress for you."

@Ceres

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ceres was enjoying the quiet; it allowed her to piece her thoughts together. If she was being entirely honest with herself - she thought the other smaller girl was being an outright immature brat. She had quite literally barged in on two friends catching up. Without context to the situation, nor the friendship. She had flung Ceres to the floor then started claiming things like Ceres was being unfair, and that she was being possessive.  Ceres....had believed that at first, after all - she was always to blame for social situations like that, right? She was always messing up or causing trouble. But this time?

But no matter how you looked at it, it was the complete opposite.

The bratty girl had no real reason to tear Ceres off Benjamin like that. She acted on impulse and pushed the blame entirely on Ceres, claiming no fault. She even questioned Ceres's nickname for him, Benji.  Which just goes to show that the young girl really had no clue on what was going on. IF she had stopped for even a moment to introduce herself and talk nicely. Things wouldn't have turned out the way they had. Ceres would have quite happily slid off Benjamin with a laugh and a slap on his back. She was just happy to see him. She felt a kindred spirit in him, being a fellow gatherer.

But in one fell swoop the other girl ruined that, and now Ceres felt like she couldn't even approach Benjamin without upsetting her. Ceres decided she'd be better off not bothering to talk to such a person . Just as she had gone to stand up and dust herself off another approached.

"Eh?" Ceres looked up at the blonde woman. "No. I don't need help." Ceres said as she stood up and brushed down her crimson gown. "And you can't exactly mend it - the missing piece disintegrated into data a while back now."  Ceres gave the other woman a polite smile. "I appreciate the offer, but I came out here to be alone and cool off a bit, so I'd like to continue to do that just a while longer. Thank you."

Ceres offered the other girl a small bow. She felt a little bad for just leaving here there so soon, but Ceres really did need to calm down. She was still frustrated that she was the one who had to leave her friend Benjamin, and NIGHT. Just because one girl couldn't handle a situation that quite frankly, had nothing to do with her. Ceres sighed. No...that was mean...right...right..she had to calm down first. "Sorry, maybe we could catch up a little later." Ceres said again to the stranger, giving her a small wave before turning her back on her and continuing up the path toward the waterfall. Maybe she'd find some peace there.

@Krysta

Edited by Ceres

Cordelia tugged on her sleeves before excusing herself from the conversation. “I think I’m going to go get something to drink for a quick second, I’ll be back.” She gave Bahr and Less a small smile before squeezing Oscar’s hand and leaving for the food table. 

“What in the. . .” She sputtered, blinking at the sight before her. 

You know what? She wasn’t even going to question it. 

Cordelia shuffled her way to the other side of the table, where a large glass bowl of fruity punch laid. 

“Just ignore it, just ignore it,” she muttered, her eyebrows twitching as she overheard several very weird conversations she didn’t, and I mean didn’t want to think about.

Strawberries—?

She cringed. Gosh darn it. She harshly grabbed the cup before pouring herself a serving.

This event was. . . Something. Something incredibly weird? Something incredibly awkward?

Her answer was yes.

“Maybe leaving was a bad idea,” she mumbled before residing the cup to her lips. 

It was still a bit late for Quinn to even start moving to this floor and even so It was really a dumb move for someone her level to even try to get to this floor in the first place. But it seems that this gala she heard about was happening and if she needed to gain something it was to going to be here. But one note to another She never been to something like this, her life was calmer and carefully planned than just out of nowhere got to this party like this. But now that she set her idea on getting to this gala it was clear to her. She will go there and gain what she wants. With a yellow dress around her body, and carefully places white flowers over her shoulder she made her way to this floor.

Once there Quinn stood at the entrance sheepishly, it was something she would never do. But she needed to be here for her own best will to fight her own weakness. As her hand was close to her chest she took a deep breath and nodded. "Alright Quinn, you got this," She said low as she walked into the party. Quinn, you got this... You got this, you got this, you got... this, you Don't got this, you DONT GOT THIS! Her mind went a bit wild and with her hand, even closer to her body she walked around carefully getting absorbed by the chaos. What was even going on here the chaos the small panic of people doing the weirdest stuff around here, what was going on here people are weird especially once eating strawberries, for now.

As Quinn walked sheepishly around the gala she was not paying much attention to anything as she walked up to the food table. Walking backward a bit in a panic of her own she dumbed into someone. "Eek!" she got out her self as she turned around in a panic. A woman with very light hair and a red dress was standing there at the punch bowl. "S-Sorry S-sor-ry!!!!" She said to the woman in her panic and made at least twenty no thirty small bows of apologizing to the woman. 

@Cordelia

He chuckled “I suppose I do have an array of single friends, but most of my friends have already found their love, unfortunately.” he said, glancing down at Minako shortly. He chuckled again and poked Mari with his elbow “You gotta show me some of those Violin skills some day, I’d love to listen.” he said with a genuine smile on his lips. With how chaotic this gala had been, Macradon had not anticipated how chaotic it would become, it was like everything was set up to be chaotic at this point, and oh boi was this not gonna be something good for anyone.

When Mari began to also fill up her available spots with strawberries, Macradon felt some kind of … approval … of his actions, like he was doing something right for once. Though the two had begun their strawberry picking, a small little dragon had interrupted their endeavors, its master was quick to realize what had happened and a young man approached them, a face Macradon had seen before, but not a man he had interacted with before. “You should really keep a closer eye to your friend there, she might be all nice and all when you’re with her, but right now she’s a danger and could be confused as a wild monster of the floor, so be careful.” he said and took a step away from the table and the dragon.

Tunnel vision

- the tendency to focus exclusively on a single or limited objective or view.

It could be dangerous, especially for someone who had a clear objective in their mind. Perhaps if someone was doing a task and was briefly interrupted in their task, their mind could whip back into the objective without thinking of much else than that. “Strawberries” the mind went “I need to collect more strawberries.”. It craved, it was targeted in on one objective, get more strawberries. A quick glance over the table did not show any strawberries that he could get his hands on, Mari had already hoarded a big bunch of them.

His eyes slid over the table, focusing on spotting any strawberries. His eyes moved slowly, like a predator waiting for an opening on its prey. The iris would glide to the side and stop abruptly “The punch.” he thought and approached the bowl of fruity bunch “There has to be strawberries in here.” he thought and stuck his hand down into the fruity liquid mixture. Grabbing a handful of its contents, Macradon would use his other hand to pick out what wasn’t strawberries, and with a final handful of soggy strawberries, the knight would pocket them, only to feel the cold feeling of liquid slowly going down his leg.

He shrieked at the sudden cold sensation on his leg, snapping him out of the tunnel vision. He noticed someone to his left, a woman, someone he hadn’t met, he had just barged up here to the punch bowl, ignoring her presence while picking strawberries from the bowl. “Oh sorry, didn’t see you there.” he said and poured himself a glass of the fruity punch “The name’s Macradon, nice to meet you at this esteemed gala.” he said and reached out his punch soaked hand for a hand shake. Quickly realizing that she wasn't the only one at the punch bowl, he would look over at the shorter, somewhat younger looking girl "And nice to meet you too, miss." he said and nodded his head while also reaching out a hand for a hand shake.

@Mari @Minako @Vigilon @Cordelia @Quinn

Cordelia grunted, nearly spilling her drink on herself as a small force of impact hit her from the side. “Ack, it’s quite alright. It’s fine, it’s fine,” she wheezed, coughing as she placed the cup back down on the table. 

“Don’t worry about it,” she stuttered, holding up her hands as she watched the girl repeatedly bow herself over and over again. 

She tucked a strand of her ivory hair behind her ear before—

Before. . . what the fu—

Cordelia shrieked as another player abruptly came up to the table and stuck his hand into the bowl of fruit punch.

”Oh, sweet Jesus what did I do to deserve this please I wanted to just enjoy the night—“ she muttered feverishly.

She shrieked again when the player seemed to snap out of whatever crackhead transe he was it, and for a second, it was just two white haired players screeching

Confused screeching.

Scared screeching.

Her hand gripped at the tablecloth as the player introduced himself to her, holding up a soaked hand. “A-ah, it’s great to meet you, Macradon. . .” She stuttered, using the tips of her thumb and index finger to ‘shake’ his hand. “I- uh, go by Cordelia. . . so, how is your night going so far?”

This was going to be something as Quinn was still bowing and saying sorry until the woman spoke saying not to worry about it. I messed up I messed up I... Her string of thought was cut off however by the present on a man and not just someone, it was more like it was the guy Quinn wanted to avoid in the first place. As he scoped his hand onto the bowl Quinn's face was clearly nervous and scared at the same time even after he spoke. As he spoke however to her as well she started to fiddle with her hands as they lay on her chest. "ah! eeh! Ah!" The only sounds that came out of Quinn were once of panic of the unknown.

She stared at this man who just showed up, Macradon. It was really clear Quinn was not at home here and she was frozen of her fear and all the while fiddling with her fingers as her eyes started to water a bit but not so far where you could see the tears fall down her cheek. But at least it was clear that if this was going to be more then she could handle she would cry. It was clear he was in no means here to harm but Quinns thought of thinking was just frozen in fear and the only thing that went on was a small sound of panic from her, "H-Hi" She said low and soft.

@Cordelia @Macradon

Ben looked back and forth between his friends, too taken by surprise to jump in until things had escalated. 

"Wait, Ceres!" he called out as she walked away, obviously distressed.  That was not the way he wanted this evening to go at all...

"Dazia, what the heck were you thinking?!  You can't just toss people around like that!" he scolded her, angry and confused.  "Ceres is a friend of mine, we gather crafting materials together.  It's... it's just that, OK?" he blushed as he spoke. "I know she's a little touchy, but she's like that with everyone.  Just... please go grab a snack and cool down a bit.  I'm going to go see if she's all right."

He looked very sad as he walked off to follow Ceres, but still flashed a smile when he turned back. "You do look lovely as well in that outfit- black really suits you.  And I will be back- I wanted to spend the evening with you..."

"You too Miss Butler- if you find any quests from the Lady, I'd love to hear about it." he said before running off in the direction Ceres went, catching sight of her just before the waterfall.

"Ceres... are you OK?"

@NIGHT

@Ceres

@Dazia

Edited by Benjamin Bookworm

"Ceres... are you OK?"

Ceres blinked and turned to see Benjamin. She hadn't expected to see him here. A smile formed on her face, but quickly disappeared as she turned her lilac eyes away from him. "I'm...sorry I didn't mean to upset your uh...girlfriend?" She wasn't sure on the relationship between the two. She posed the statement as a question. "I'm...upset because...of the way she spoke to me, she kept saying all these things and I felt so bad for it."

Ceres tugged at the rip down the front of her gown, smoothing it out. It ....didn't look too bad, one may even assume the slit was meant to be there. "But the more I thought about it, the more I began to think she was in the wrong. She was the one who threw me off, she was the one who kept on saying I was being possessive of you, but if anything...it seemed like she was being that way... and I guess...I didn't want to cause trouble with you Benji."

Ceres straightened her back and managed to give him a smile. Instinctively her hand reached out to fix a part of his outfit, just like she had always done, but it stopped mid-air and Ceres drew her hand back away. No...that'd cause more issues right? "You look really handsome. Green suits you." She tried to force a wider smile on her face, although it was clear she was a little deflated. "Although, that clasp is a little askew. You might want to fix it so it doesn't come loose."  It was probably that way because Ceres had fallen.

A small silence fell between the two, and it wasn't like it usually was. There was a weight in the air and Ceres didn't like it one bit. But she couldn't think about herself, she had to worry about Benjamin, he was her friend after all. "Uhm...if you need to go back I understand."

@Benjamin Bookworm

Ben gave a small smile as he looked at Ceres. "You're not causing trouble at all Ceres.  Dazia just... has trouble with people sometimes.  Most of the time. But she has a good heart under that really." he awkwardly explained, taking a step forward through the heavy air between them. 

"I'm sorry, I should have introduced you two first... I didn't know you'd both be here.  And it's not fair that you have to change because someone else doesn't like it.  And I like how you are." he told his friend as he played with his clasp, before stepping over to Ceres and smoothing out the crooks in her . "Maybe you could help me fix this clasp first, then we can put a real smile onto that face of yours before you go have some fun too?  After all, I told you I take care of my friends.  And I can't just abandon one who's hurting..." he said, unsure of what else to tell her.  OR what he was feeling right now.

@Ceres

The sudden surge of anguish that Benjamin had was completely unexpected. She instinctively stepped back. "W-what? I simply pulled her away, she fell down because she slipped on her dress! An honest accident! I- I didn't-" The fact that Benjamin was blushing as he continued to speak confused Dazia. His next expression seemed to be sad as he began to walk off, but he then turned around with a smile all of a sudden, complimenting Dazia's appearance and saying that he'd wanted to spend the evening with her. Dazia was at a loss for words...to be at a loss of words was ridiculously rare for her. She didn't know what to say, she didn't know what to think, and of course, her idiot cousin, Vigilon, just had to call out some words to get her back from the day she'd accused him of having a crush on Princess.

@Benjamin Bookworm

She couldn't recognize her emotional state at all. Everything was going on within. She simply stood there, with a shocked expression that was also full of confusion. What was all of this sudden anxiety going about her, what were all these sudden surges of various emotions coursing through her body, that she couldn't even put a finger on?

Yinangi would walk over to Dazia slowly. "Um, Dazia...is everything ok?" She asked.

Dazia attempted to explain. "It...it's not. I- I don't know what it is that's going on in me anymore...I'm completely confused, as Benjamin just showed three, maybe four different expressions within like, two minutes, maybe less! I, I don't know what's coming over me, I can't seem to tell what what I'm-" Yinangi looked at Dazia thoughtfully as she rambled. "Hmm...I know what's going on." She said as a smile formed on her face. Now Dazia was even more confused. "What are you talking about? What could you possibly come up with that would describe all this- this irrational-"

Yinangi raised both hands, signaling Dazia to calm down. "Easy now, Dazia." She revealed. "what you're going through? These are called 'feelings'." Dazia stopped. "Hold on...are you suggesting that I have feelings for Benjamin?"

Yinangi smirked. "Yes." She stated. "The only way you could have subconsciously had such suspicion during that moment, is if you had feelings. You my friend, have a crush."

Dazia couldn't believe what she was hearing. "That's...not possible." She claimed. "Why would I have feelings for him?" She inquired. Yinangi seemed to have something to say a split second after. "What do you see in him that you don't see in others? Does he stand out to you and you alone? Ask yourself such questions and you'll be sure to find answers I can listen to. Give yourself the questions, Dazia, then tell me the answers. I'll follow with the diagnosis."

For a preteen girl, Yinangi was smarter than she appeared to be. "He's not like the others, that's true...he's no idiot, and he's nothing like the common pigs or brutes, not even close...He has hope, so much of it, I can't imagine how his hope isn't crushed by the weight of it all...He cares deeply for others to a degree that intrigues me...I...can always pick him out from a crowd..."

The self-questionnaire would continue, and it would last for a few minutes. Dazia would calm down in the process. When it was over, Yinangi, smiling, would give the result. "Diagnosis: Crush. Accuracy of potential diagnosis: 110%, Strength type and level: Serious mild. Yup, admit it, Dazia, you like him!!!" Dazia would just stand there in silence, trying to question herself again, wondering if Yinangi's words were actually true. "I...I don't see how..." Yinangi would try to reassure her. "You put everything aside to handle a suspicion of yours. It might have not been the best way to handle it, a few questions would have been just fine...but you did it because you wanted to make sure it was just you who had feelings for him, didn't you?"

Dazia let out a light chuckle, and would admit defeat. "That's very perceptive of you, Yinangi...I never thought of it that way...I guess I simply felt threatened again...but what do I do now? You saw what happened...didn't you?" Yinangi smirked. "Well, there's an answer to that which is easier said than done. You have to take a risk...wait for the right moment, but not too late...and confess to him." She explained.

"I'm not doing that." Dazia reacted. Whether or not anyone was witnessing this was not what was on Dazia's mind at the moment. She was engaged in this discussion, which she would soon be quite embarrassed about.

Talk about a riot. She'd stepped back to begin with because she didn't want to get in the way. However, with how her friend was tossed to the floor, and the outburst from the dark-haired woman afterwards... maybe she should've done something after all. In that moment, she hadn't budged, with her role of the night, coupled with a fear of yet another misunderstanding tossed into the ring keeping her hesitant. But as she watched @Ceres run off, NIGHT genuinely considered abandoning her post for the time being. How troublesome, she thought to herself, taking a step forward. But, she's going to need someone to comfort her about it.

Before she could properly take after her friend, it seemed as though @Benjamin Bookworm had decided to follow instead. NIGHT let out a held breath as she watched the man in green step up to look for her, a wave of relief rushing over her -- better someone else who had no feelings involved in the matter than she did. She tilted her head, giving the player a curt nod and a kind smile, as he turned around to chase the redhead, leaving the premises of the tent. It was good to know that her friend was going to be in safe hands, with all the friends she was making.

Now, back to the party...

Right. The woman next to her must've seen through her ruse, giving her what she interpreted as an evil glare. She raised an eyebrow, wondering if she should be feigning ignorance -- now that there were less players around, it might be easier to convince her target otherwise. Except, her attention was drawn away by what seemed like one of her friends. With the player busy, the waiter decided that she would ignore the call out, but store their name in her memories.

What seemed to be a private conversation between @Dazia and her friend quickly became lively, before simmering down with reflection. NIGHT idled cheekily nearby, eavesdropping on their conversation. Feelings for Benjamin? The waiter almost wanted to laugh. What kind of a stupid trifecta have we gotten ourselves into this evening? A sour look crossed her face as she processed the implications for herself in a beat, before discarding them entirely, doing her best to keep her focus on the ball. Ugh. That's not what I'm here for this evening, and I shouldn't get myself or my feelings involved, either. Let's keep it that way.

The woman willed herself over to the buffet table, stocking up on treats and drinks once more, having a sip of the selection herself (Delightful.). A glance about the perimeter, before she decided to approach a new face near the entrance -- dark hair, dark clothes, a dark plain choker, and red markings that contrasted her attire, around her face. Talk about someone with a similar fashion style to mine, the butler wondered, offering the platter towards the lady. Though, I wonder if I should try messing with tattoos sometime... --Eh, nah.

"Welcome to the gala, miss," NIGHT offered warmly, with a bow. "Some refreshments for you?"

@Lilik

Ceres tugged on long tendrils of her hair, she wasn't sure about a lot of things right now. She felt like she looked an absolute mess, she briefly wondered if Benjamin were laughing at her and her dress internally but he wasn't like that. Benjamin was the type of person who laughed wholeheartedly with so much enthusiasm that his shoulders would shake. Ceres shook her head when Benjamin apologized.

"Benji. That's not something you should apologize for, no one could have accounted for...uh...that." Ceres' smile soften as she looked upon Benjamin, lilac eyes filled with warmth and compassion for the man before her. She really enjoyed his company. How they raced to the lake and played there, how they both talked about their dreams and goals, then made plans to go on a camping weekend. These were the moments Ceres cherished.

Benjamin told her he liked her the way she was, and some of that innocent warmth had returned to her smile. Ceres took a tentative step forward and reached out to brush chocolate bangs back behind his ear, long fingers traced the skin of his face before she pulled her hand away, lowering it to his clasp as she helped him fix it with a small 'click'

"You know why she's acting like that, right?" Ceres asked. "Dazia, was it? She's acting like a elementary school girl who has a crush." Ceres gestured with her face back toward the party, it sounded like there was still a lot going on back there. "She was .... probably planning on confessing to you tonight, which is why she acted the way she did." 

Ceres tried to offer him a reassuring smile, it helped when she helped others. She wanted to see him happy. She didn't want anyone to dwell on sadness she was always so exuberant and filled with energy. And whilst that energy and light was flickering and waning now, Ceres wanted to make a difference. "You know I have the same sentiment when it comes to friends Benji - so...what do you think you'll do if she confesses."  She offered him a small grin. "Can't hide behind a scarf tonight, and I guess you could hide behind your cape, if you wanted to do a Dracula impression."

@Benjamin Bookworm

Minako stared at the pair of people making idle conversation. She wanted to be included in her new friends conversation, but couldn't decide on when to chime in with her own bits. Hearing that Mari played an instrument was rather surprising, and yet it wasn't. Mari carried that sort of, educated feel to herself. She carried it in her stride, the way she spoke and acted. Frankly, Mari was actually really cool of an adult. Minako always assumed that adults who played this game were really childish, kind of like Macradon. Memeing about and making jokes trying to wear a brave face, or save face, or just cheer someone up. Mari was different, and that was good.

Minako chuckled as Mari complained about her pockets, or lack thereof and had reached over and had gone to grab a piece of white chocolate to mindlessly snack on. Minako let out a loud 'eek' as a dragon had found itself perched around the platter of sweets. Minako pulled her hand back, and Mari had already sprung into action scolding the dragon, its owner, and quickly removed the dragon from the table and onto the floor. Minako was about to grab the dragon herself in a rage to protect her and Mari's sweets, but Mari had fortunately intervene saving Minako the trouble.

Macardon had apologized as well for not remembering her, which was completely understandable. She could only imagine what business was for arms and armor in this day and age. Then a curious thought poured into Minako's mind. "If it's so busy, maybe you could teach me a thing or to about a George, or whatever it's called. Could help you with all those orders you get." Minako said, stuffing a white chocolate piece into her mouth. In reference to her understanding the joke that Mac had made it was somewhat creepy and easy for her. In her most recent stream logs he analytics showed a great increased in older, elderly gentlemen. Which was good because they donated a lot of money, but also bad because they were kind of pervy at times. But she had a good staff team to ban people who took it to far.

Minako's cheeks turned a shade of pink that would match her attire as Mari blurted out that Minako was looking for love. But the blush quickly faded to normalcy as Mari began to explain her feelings towards Baldur. She didn't know the two that well, but they both seemed to be good at getting Minako out of an awkward spot. Maybe they had more in common. "Aw Mari don't change!" Minako protested and mar made mention of changing. "You're the prettiest woman at this gala." Minako said, before watching Macradon grab a fistful of strawberries and adding them to his inventory.

"Wait.." Minako said, trying to reach out to them only to be cut off by Mari who joined in with the festivities of shoving the red seeded berries into her own inventory before shoving a few her way. Minako stared blankly for a moment before she happily took the strawberries and added them to her own inventory. "This is the silliest thing I've done. But I love it!" Minako cried out. Minako even seemed to ignore the small dragon blowing ice everywhere like a tantrum from how much fun she was having.

@Mari @Macradon @Vigilon

Just as soon as she'd arrived, Cordelia took her leave. Completely ignoring Lessa's response, mind you. Oh well. Such was to be expected of youth.

Bahr didn't mind. It gave him more alone time with Lessa.

"C'mon," he prodded, grabbing the blonde's hand and beckoning her to follow. "Let's get some air."

It wasn't that there wasn't already fresh air flowing through the open tent. A better way of wording it would have been, "Let's get the hell away from all of these crazy people." But that would have been rude, and Bahr was trying to be nice. For the sake of the event. And, well, because he'd learned Lessa wasn't so impressed by his more abrasive side. They made their way through the sea of people, beyond the threshold of the tent's entrance, and outside.

Once there, Bahr cupped a hand over his eyes to shield them from the sun's rays and peered out toward the hills. "Damn, really thought I'd be able to see Manderly from here," he remarked, letting his hand fall before turning to Lessa. "Though, I could be looking in the wrong spot. You'd have a better idea than I would." Partially the truth. He'd long memorized its location. He knew about where it ought to be, but it was masked by the treeline from their angle.

"To answer your question," he began, wrapping an arm around her waist and pulling the side of her hip into his, "I think I should come over today, tomorrow, and the day after that. If that works for you, anyways."

@Lessa

Kairi yawned laying in bed, enjoying yet another lazy day she rubbed her eyes then in a blur she looked around the room "M-macaroon?" she called out seeing if her fiancee was around, however she didn't find him anywhere. Moving herself placing her feet on the floor then with a yawn she stretched her arms upward and rubbed her eyes again, then after her vision has cleared a bit she had seen a message notification, opening it slowly she yawned again then read it.

Then suddenly, her eyes has widened then she looked at the date and time, then suddenly she jumped out of bed and sprung into action looking through her inventory "C-mon... c-mon! I gotta have a good dress somewhere! Ugh... I wish Ruby was still around to help me.." she thought to herself before "Aha!" found one that she had liked then she immediately sent a reply to @Macradon:

Spoiler

To: Macradon
Ack! Why didn't you wake me up this morning? I would of came with you! I'll be there soon, sorry to keep you waiting love <3

- Yours, Kairi

Then as quickly as she could she moved out to where the location was at, as she arrived at the front gate she took the moment to breathe and straighten herself before walking inside with her hands together on her hips looking around for her love. It took her a moment however she eventually found Macradon, with a smile she had walked up to him and kissed him on the cheek "Sorry for keeping you waiting my love, had another one of my days where I just overslept..." she nervously laughed.

"Aw Mari don't change! You're the prettiest woman at this gala."

Mari stared at her. Was Minako bloody blind? Mari's blue eyes shifted away from her seated companion and glanced around the gala at all the intricate dresses. "You're raving mad Minako. I'm really not." Their conversation was cut short by a dragon distraction.

A brown haired youth came to pick up the dragon. @Vigilon Mari was not impressed. "Honestly - you need to be more responsible. I don't give a flying f**k how good it may be normally. You're at a big event, with many other players. Have some consideration and either put it on a leash or have the mind to  yanno. Not bring it. You don't see me with my giant fish or Mac with his three headed dog running around. How many other players do you see with their familiars running amok? Seriously, learn some mann-"  Mari had to turn her face away, coughing as the tiny frost dragon literally blasted her with cold air.

"What the f**k!" Mari spat as she coughed. Her face felt freezing. "Get you and that stupid thing away from me before I kick the both of you."  Mari was trying hard to be a better person. But she was explosive and emotional, she had been nice enough initially. Gently placing the dragon on the floor, even giving the creature its own plate of strawberries. But being blasted with cold air like that? Mari turned her back on the kid. "Bugger off." She muttered. The interaction had soured her mood. There was only so much patience and tolerance the woman had, and exploding at someone because she had literal frost breath blasted into her face? No sane person would fault her for that.

Mari was trying to warm up her face, rubbing the palms of her hand on it to bring some colour and feeling back into her cheeks. It was at that point that a few other people had approached the table. One she recognized as @Cordelia Mari gave the girl a small nod to acknowledge her, but she was still grumbling at what just happened. Now that her cheeks weren't frostbitten Mari lowered her hands. Glancing over at Minako; "None of that got you, did it?" She asked the redhead.

Then, there was a quivering girl. She was small with cherub cheeks, her soft hair a golden blonde framed her round face. Warm brown eyes were wide with mild panic as she seemed to apologize or jump at every little thing. Was she okay? She seemed like she was rather young. "You okay there?" Mari asked @Quinn She opened her mouth to say something else but was interrupted by her friend and partner in crime. Macradon.

@Macradon had dove across the table, shoving his hand into the punch. "What the f**k are you doing!" Mari shouted out in exasperation and laughter.  The annoyance of being pelted in the face by ice breath literally and figuratively melting away as she laughed at Macradon who had shoved his hands into the punch bowl. Fishing out multiple strawberries. Much to the sheer horror of Cordelia and the smaller girl. "Oh my god Mac! You can't collect the strawberries from the punch like that. That's...ergh.."

Another joined the ever growing group of people, a bright and chipper girl who bounced her way over to Macradon who was now dripping in smashed up strawberries and punch. A single kiss was planted on his cheek. Mari only knew her name from Macradon. "Ah." Mari said. "You must be @Kairi, right?" She asked the chestnut haired girl. She had ignored everything and everyone else and bee-lined for Macradon. What did they call it? Tunnel vision. Mari couldn't blame her, Macradon had...definitely done the same. There was punch everywhere. "I'm Mari, Mac's friend." Mari turned to Minako, "And this is Minako."

Macradon was wanting Mari and Raina to meet, but Mari was beginning to think that maybe, it'd be best to leave the two alone for a little while. Macradon was...quite literally dripping with punch. Yup. Tunnel vision... Mari cleared her throat. "You may wanna wipe your hands Mac." She chastised with a small laugh. "I don't think I'll need those strawberries, but the sentiment is greatly appreciated."

This...was nice. People around her were laughing and smiling. There wasn't any heaviness in the air. Even the hurtful voices in her head seemed to be quiet for the time being. Mari's blue gaze shifted from Macradon to Kairi.  Yeh...it'd be best to leave them with some alone time. Maybe Kairi could help reign him in.

"I'm going to that other table over there." Mari said as she pointed to the table behind Macardon, Kairi, Cordellia and a very timid girl.  Come to think of it...somehow, their little table had become quite the hot spot for guests. If Mari thought about it, she'd probably have an internal freakout. Much like the smaller girl. Was she even old enough to be here? 

A hand clasped around Minako's as Mari lifted her from the seat; "C'mon." Mari offered Minako a wry smile. "I think we've exhausted this tables strawberry supply." Mari let go of the other woman and took a few steps away from the table, pausing to place a small hand on Quinn's shoulder, gently guiding the timid girl away from the larger crowd. "It's ok, you just seemed overwhelmed with all those people, you doing alright?"  She must have been younger, right? she was smaller than Mari. "I'm Mari, here." Mari lead her to another table and removed her hand. Her voice was softer than it was earlier. Mama Mari mode activated for the second time that night.   Mari gestured to the table. It had a small platter of strawberries, a bowl of cream to no doubt dip the strawberries into. And various slices of brownies, fudge, and mint treats.  "Like anything you see?"

Edited by Mari

“George?” he thought “The heck’s that.” he continued and pondered “Uhh … I can teach you as much as you need, but I still don’t know who or what George is.” he replied to Minako with a smile and chuckled. He’d had many apprentices under his belt now, so teaching more wouldn’t hurt at all. 

With how the woman reacted to his hand shake, Macradon shook his head apologetic “My bad, my bad” he said and dried off his fruit punch soaked hand on the table cloth, leaving quite the stains everywhere he went as of late. With a more dry hand, Macradon would gulp down the last of his punch, still waiting for some kind of interaction from the other girl, but it didn’t seem like she was willing to interact with him at all. Going back to the one who introduced herself as Cordelia, Macradon would reply to her inquiry "Oh, well I've only been here for what ... 15 minutes at max? And I've been having a grand time!" he said and gestured towards the table in all of its glory chaos. “Well, sorry for the intrusion, I'll be leaving since it looks like my presence isn't favored by the third participant.” he said, put his cup on the table, and went back to the two he had started out at.

“Oh, can’t I?!” he exclaimed childishly at what Mari had commented about his strawberry fishing “Watch me!” he roared as he went down for one last strawberry, holding eye contact with Mari the entire time. “Told you I could.” he said with a snicker and ate the punch soaked berry. It was a nice taste, sweet with a slight tang from the rest of the punch, a delicious balance of fresh fruity flavors erupted throughout his tongue, it was a nice taste just the fruit from the punch, like the liquid had somehow diluted the taste before “Don’t do it monkey brain … DON’T YOU F!!KING DARE! he thought for himself, fighting his urge to just grab a handful of fruit from the bowl and gobble them all down.

He took in a deep breath before sighing heavily “Calm down, idiot.” he muttered for himself, to himself. Everything was chaos, and he was part of the chaos, if Kairi would’ve seen him like this, he couldn’t imagine how angry and disappointed she’d be, and as those thoughts began to creep through his mind, a notification appeared in his HUD, a message, from Kairi. “Oh sh!t, oh sh!t, oh sh!t, oh sh!t.” he thought, she was coming.

He quickly dried off his hand on the table cloth as well, trying to clean himself up after this … incident. Before Kairi had arrived, he was quick to dismiss any evidence of what had just happened, his body was mostly dry, his hands were free of any residue, his clothes were mostly clean, he was ready to meet up with his fiance. Within short notice, Kairi had already found him, with a short peck on his cheek, Kairi had greeted him. Looking over at his love, Macradon could but look in awe “You’re wonderful, just like everyday I see you.” he said and went in for a heartfelt hug. That was when he remembered a critical thing.

STRAWBERRIES IN HIS POCKETS ARE NOT STRUCTURALLY MADE TO WITHSTAND A BEAR HUG

He felt it, the fruit juices, the cold liquid, the punch. It was sploodging in his clothes, it was uncomfortable “F!!!” he thought as he face went into a look of despair. Macradon would smile when Mari came to the rescue to distract Kairi of the fruity mess that was all of Macradon’s pockets. He quickly tapped his rear pocket “SAFE!” he thought with a sense of accomplishment, those had been shielded off from the hug and were still intact, he had saved some for Mari at least.

“Aye, Kairi. This is Mari, a friend I made not too long ago, and this is Minako, she’d been a patron at my shop.” he continued after Mari’s own introduction of the small group. He shook his head at Mari’s response “Don’t worry, I’ve saved some for you here.” he said and smacked his rear pocket “They’re still safe.” he said and brought a thumbs up to her. Mari would take off with Minako once again, to another table that wasn’t as crowded, Macradon would do the same with Kairi. He grabbed her hand and dragged her out to the center of the gala tent “Would you be so kind to offer me a dance?” he smiled to his fiance “Just like the  first time we met.” he said and bowed his head lightly.

Axis.Powers_.Hetalia.full.95758.jpg

@Kairi @Minako @Cordelia @Quinn 

Chaos and not just a little bit, This man no this beast was clearly losing its mind over something and this did not help Quinn at all. As slowly as she could she just stared in fear of what the hell was happening. Not only that there was not also a dragon attacking another woman and out of panic Quinn shocked and took a small step back as her fingers moved even faster now and there was a clear panic over her entire body now. Her eyes even spoke as they swelled up from tears still not on the point of letting it all out and slow down her cheeks. After the situation with the dragon was handled it seemed that the same woman walked up to Quinn asking if she was alright. "Y-yes," Quinn said soft, low and trembling and clearly a lie. While inside her head went the same few words over and over again, I don't want to be here, I don't want to be here, I want to go Home!!!
@Macradon

Quinn was completely frozen now as more people showed up and Mari began to speak back to this monster, Macradon. It was a sight for sure and with all the chaos Quinn did completely nothing, paralyzed of fright. Quinn was zoned out by her fear and was completely off the world, that changed until a hand was placed on her shoulder and a small "Eek!" sound came out of her. Before she could do anything she was guided by this woman from the dragon straying frozen breath into her face. Quinn's face became red as the woman told her name, that being Mari. With that out of the way and Quinn being led to another place, she spoke again. gesturing at the table filled with food.

At this moment Quinn could not hold in anymore and the tears started to flow down her cheeks with the smallest sound she made as the tears fell to the ground. With all the panic and chaos finally washing over her it seems the bucket was full and all the water was spilling out. Without much saying Quinn's crying became less and with still a few tears rolling down her cheeks she pointed at the strawberry and cream dip not speaking and her eyes still welding up.
@Mari

Edited by Quinn

Mari looked upon the new table with a fiendishly predatory gaze in her eyes. "Ahhh look at this table @Minako." She gestured to the spread. "I'm not one for sweet things, but fruits? Oh I like fruits. Look, strawberries, rasberries...Bananas - oh I think that ones dragon fruit -" Mari was pointing to the various offerings the table had before she heard some sobs, then all out crying from next to her.

Oh...uh...what the f**k am I meant to do here?

Mari gave a helpless glance toward Minako before looking back down at the girl who appeared to be much younger. Her tiny frame shook, and her breath was rattled. Sobs caught in her throat as tears trickle down her reddened cheeks. Mari's brows furrowed. She didn't like seeing this. It looked like the girl was having a panic attack. Mari placed one hand on each of the young girls shoulders and leaned down so their faces were level. It was...a little awkward to do in her dress, and Mari wobbled a bit from the lack of balance (stupid heels)

"You're having a panic attack, right?" Mari assumed. "Know what I do when I get those? I ground myself. I need you to do me a favour." Mari spoke softly, slowly, in a reassuring tone. Hell, she may be a infamous Pker; and she may be quick to anger with a foul mouth and bristly personality, but dammit - once Mama Mari mode was activated, it was a little hard to just switch off. "We're gonna ground you. First, I want you to close your eyes, and tell me what you hear. Then, tell me what you feel..." Mari's hands ran down the shaking girls arms and squeezed her hands. "Tell me what you smell, and finally - get something to eat and describe that taste for me. Can you do that for me?"

@Quinn