[OP - F22] Star-Crossed Gala

What-- what just happened. . . oh, why was she even surprised at this point?

She looked over her shoulder before another wave of surprise washed over her. 

Oh, now she was surprised. 

"Well, this is not awkward at all," Cordelia muttered, grabbing her cup before shuffling the hell out of there. No, no. She did not want any part of the future [censored] fest that was about to happen. 

She eventually found herself a nice little corner, far away from whatever the hell was going on over there. Maybe she could just stay here the whole night. She looked outside of the tent and pursed her lips. She could go for a walk. . . but what about Oscar? She turned her head back to the crowd and groaned under her breath. Even as tall as he was, it was hard to pick out his blonde hair from the crowds of people. 

He wouldn't mind.

She'd only be gone for a few minutes. 

She stifled a sigh and placed her drink on a nearby table before slipping off her heels-- something she absolutely hated. Seriously, who came up with these things? With her heels in one hand, she set off and away from the tent.

For a few minutes, it was really just her and herself, wondering around. . . because damn, she did not know the layout of this floor at all. 

Eventually, she found herself in quite a serene location. God, she's been missing out on this the whole night? Bummer. She stopped dead in her tracks when she realized that another player was already her, but relaxed when she realized that it was someone she somewhat knew. 

"Hey, Shinji!" She called, using her free hand to wave at the brunet. 

@Shinji

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krysta's offer would be politely declined. "I see...well then, I do hope the rest of your evening goes well." She would say to the woman. "That is still a lovely dress, though." She complimented, trying to cheer the woman up before leaving to return to the tent as the player involved in the scene would approach her.

@Ceres

Krysta was not surprised by what had just happened during that moment. Dazia had caused another to bear strife, as she often did. "Who does she think she is, tearing others apart like that? First she kills my cousin, then she causes other problems that are hardly noticeable, and now she's humiliated this poor young woman...when will her evil cease?" She thought.

When she returned to the tent, she would notice that Vigilon was just spoken to rather harshly. Clearly, his familiar, as he believed, had indeed been up to something regrettable. She would walk over to him. "I don't think it's your fault, Alex... I have a feeling that there wasn't any way you could have accounted for this... perhaps Veriost would eventually learn from this, behaving better as to avoid this kind of trouble...whatever it was she did, that is." She reassured him.

Yolviinsil would poke her head out from behind Krysta, looking at the fruits on the table. She would brush her feathered wing up against Krysta to get her attention, and Krysta would notice that her small ruby red feathered dragon wanted something from the table. Krysta giggled a bit before taking a strawberry and a dragon fruit, and giving them to her familiar. "Maybe she could simply ask for refreshments peacefully, as Yolviinsil did just now?" She suggested.

@Vigilon

Walking over to the food table and well seeing all the Chaos on my left I sight a bit and try to ignore this childish act of people being just straight-up weird and chaotic at this event. Once at the food I took a plate and places some snacks on them and Smiled as I started to eat them slowly. "Season of love, What is the meaning of that. I would just say skip it and go back to getting on with your job. I find it a bit weird why you want a season of love in the first place, I understand fathers and mothers day but this... not really," I said to Jomei taking another bite from the food. Looking around a bit it seemed this chaos all started after the blacksmith Mac showed up and well, to say the least, a big explosion of emotions went out and into the party.

Back getting to Jomei I just turned my eyes a bit, "Sometimes I don't understand people at all. just look at that chaos over there and what is it even all about I don't even want to know in the first place," I said to him now zoning out from that Chaos as it slowly seemed to cool down as well. Getting back to the conversation before I gave a smile, "But you may see my point that you stand a bit out from the rest of the front liners here, be really weird to see you in any of their outfits now I have seen you like this," I said to him putting some more food into my mouth as my plate as empty by the time I was done. "But it seems that for the most part, you are more of the normal once, I must admit Calrex does have soft hands but don't tell anyone I said that," I said to Jomei. 

I cleared my throat and placed the plate back down getting a drink, It is a bit dry if I must say myself but alright. "So anything in pacticialair you wish to talk about, I am kind of out of topic here and don't really know what to talk about at this point." Saying this I was looking into the glass trying to figure out what the bloody hell was in this drink it's so dry.

@Jomei

Shinji doesn't know how long he has been staring at the flower for a long time, but he doesn't mind as he is neither tired nor feeling cold here. He enjoys this peace and quiet, and with no one to talk to, he thinks he can speak his thoughts out loud about this event and his current state in Aincrad, which he finds sad as it still remains intact as in Tokyo.

He sets down the flower and sighs deeply as he looks over the tent, drawing his knees to his face and puts his arms onto them, admiring the view of this beautiful land. He closes his eyes as he attempts to fight the urge to cry....it's so alone here. He rather go back and slay monsters again, maybe even die slaying than out of his miserable loneliness.

As he wipes a few tears away from his cheek with the sleeves of his suit, he hears his name being called out from behind by a familiar voice. Is that...?

He turns around to see Cordelia the katana girl, the very same that was his company in the Hoya quest. And holy s**t, she looks stunning in that red dress. Shinji could see her exposed thighs too, though he is more focused at her face as he doesn't expect her, out of all people, to come here, let alone acknowledging him.

"O...oh, Cordelia-sama. You are not with your friends?" He asks in his usual soft voice.

@Cordelia

Cordelia rubbed her neck as she looked over her shoulder and at the ivory tent, a deadpanned look etched on her face before she turned to Shinji with a childish smile. 

"Things got a little chaotic in there. . ." Little was an understatement, but she was pretty sure if she had told him what had just happened in the past half hour, he wouldn't want to go back in, ". . . so I decided to take a little walk," she sighed, holding up her red heels in one hand, and God damn it felt good to not walk on literal pins and needles.

Her eyes swept over his figure. "Have you been crying?" She asked, tilting her head. She walked over to him and laughed. "Awe, don't be doing that kind of stuff on a Valentine's Day event," she drawled, lifting her hand to ruffle his hair childishly. "T'is a day about love!" She exclaimed, throwing her hands up in the air for emphasis. 

"Talking about Valentine's Day, did you bring a date with you?" The girl asked, looking back at the tent. "Or did you just come for the food like the other half of the people here?" She joked, looking back down at him.

@Shinji

To Shinji, Cordelia is either a psychic or she is very good at reading people, and afraid that she will question further about his emotion, he ignores her remark about it. He freezes for a while as he looks at her face while his hair is being ruffled like a fur, then he looks back at the tent. That ruffling sure felt nice, but what is more amusing about Cordelia is her child like behavior, though Shinji sort of suspects that it might be a cover that bottles up her true emotions.

Upon hearing that question, Shinji shrugs as he is now calm, his voice remains soft but still audible enough to be heard properly while his eyes keep gazing at the tent.

"At first it's the food, then it's this Sapphire Falls...but I was sure it is more than that. I wish I know my true reason for being here, and no, it couldn't be because I am looking for somebody. Otherwise..."

Shinji looks up to Cordelia and continues, "...I wouldn't be here if I wasn't hungry or wanted free food. I would already be in my room sleeping."

Shinji looks down on the ground for a moment, before looking back up at her with a question, "Are you here with your friends, to sow chaos in that party too?"

@Cordelia

Cordelia tapped at her chin quizzically. "Maybe you just wanted some human interaction?" She suggested. "Considering how you were the last time we met, I'd say you don't get much of that too often. You're only human, it's natural for you to socialize," she shrugged, twirling the strap of her heels around her finger. 

"I can sort of relate to that. . ." Cordelia sighed, placing her knuckles on her hips as she look up at the sky. "I would much rather be out there training. . . but I decided it would be good for me to get to know more people, although I have been doing quite the crappy job of that today," she groaned, placing a hand on her cheek as she recalled the events that had only happened less than an hour ago. The girl laughed under her breath. . . it just seemed so stupid but maybe that's why it'll be forever engraved in her head.

"Sow chaos?" She murmured, giving him a goofy look before shaking her head. "I had no plans to do that this evening. I just wanted to socialize and might possibly be a normal person today," she sighed, her hand twitching. 

"You still got that little heart-shaped Hoya pendant, right?" She asked, looking back at him with a devilish grin. "You should totally give it to someone today! It'd be so cute!" She exclaimed, clapping her hands together.

Eugh, when did she start acting like that?

@Shinji

Ben looked back at Ceres, glad to see her smiling again. "I know that I don't have to apologize, but seeing you hurt like that just... it just tore me up, you know."

Ben blushed bright red at Ceres's words. "You-you think that she's going to confess?? I mean, we get along, and I like her, and we're gone through some pretty tough situations..." he quickly answered. "I kinda see what you mean now..."

He fidgeted as he tried to pick out his next words while his head was spinning by now. "I didn't expect that at all! Honestly have no experience at all talking to girls... and now we're both in the middle of this big fancy party and..." he caught his breath as he continued, looking nervously at her smile. "I mean, what am I supposed to say to her?  I'm not good at fancy parties or anything- d-do you think I can actually do this?" His legs were shaking he was so nervous- why did Dazia have to be so tough to talk to?  And why did he already start out how he did?

@Ceres

Minako turned to see Mari cursing as she was giving the other person about their familiar. The dragon continued to blast it's cold breath everywhere striking Mari in her face. Minako rose to her feet, ready to throw down if needed. Minako glared at the boy. "Seriously. Who even brings an animal to an event like this?" Minako asked one sidedly before moving to Mari's side. After making sure Mari was okay, and seeing that she was Mari asked if everyone else was okay. Minako nodded. "Only my dress was hit a bit." Minako said looking at the end of her dress that now carried a darker pink than the rest of dress as the ice had already melted.

Mari introduced herself, and Minako to another woman. Minako politely bowed her head. "It's nice to meet you." Minako said, greeting Kairi. The meeting was cut short as Minako had only just noticed that Macradon had plunged his fists into the punch bowl. Minako stared at Mac a bit perplexed as to why he was digging for more strawberries, when everyone already had their fill of them.

Minako followed Mari to another table,  a bit further away from the now bustling crowd of people and the idiots that dwelled within them. Mari had also picked up another girl and lead her here to the table as well. As Mari took note of the sweets on the table, Minako already had a small handful of chocolates and creams in her mouth.

The girl next to her was crying. Most likely from being blasted in the face by the dragon familiar. Again, who would bring such an untrained animal to a gala like this? Minako looked back and glared at the man. Looking back though the girl looked like she was undergoing a panic attack of sorts. Her mom would normally so things like this after fighting with her dad. It happened a lot. But to see that a girl that looked as young as she was, hell maybe even younger. It was kind of tragic. Fortunately Mari knew how to take care of things, or at least she seemed to know how to.

@Mari @Quinn

Oh boy, The one thing Vigilon was not ready for at all... He would find himself getting plenty of angry shouting, as well as some potentially problematic reactions from the players in the vicinity... Wait, what was the Dinkster doing to a perfectly good bowl of punch? Everything happened so fast that he didn't know how to respond, other than keep Veriost's maw shut tight with his hand, of course. The small white frost dragon growled at Vigilon as he held it closed, and Krysta came over to talk to him.  "Thanks, Jewel...given her track record, it should have been safe to let her loose, but something just had to go wrong involving player interactions...I wonder what she did. ...Maybe I'll figure it out someday. For now, she's gonna have to stay near me at all times so she doesn't do anything stupid while I'm not looking." He decided.

Meanwhile, XOXXie was having a hard time finding anyone in this crowd... so maybe she could just speak to someone at random, like the black haired, red eyed woman over there looking upset over something, staring at another woman who'd recently arrived. "You look like you're having a rough time. So many other women around in this event...where are all the men? Hiding? Uninterested? Ugh, almost every man seems to be taken these days...it's just not fair, is it?" A reckless guess it was, but it was a guess nevertheless.

The white haired, red eyed player, who was going by Kihone, watched the chaos unfold... She facepalmed as she muttered, "Oh, wonderful...as for most of them, they're all idiots...I always thought most of them were fools, but I never thought they would all be this stupid..." She would wander around the area, hoping to come across something worth hearing, or maybe even getting involved in. There would be some drama, involving two girls and a tall young man, as well as an incident involving the fool Vigilon and his familiar. She watched each one unfold to the best of her ability, and then walk closer to the black haired girl as she unwittingly became engaged in what should have been a private conversation... "Kihone" would eavesdrop on the black haired girl's conversation, her back turned to them as she stood at a far enough distance, as to prevent it from being obvious. Should the smaller white haired girl chose to leave, "Kihone" would walk over to the black haired girl. "Well now, this could go a number of ways, couldn't it? Oh, how it must torment your heart so... Opportunity tends to be but a small window, so grasp for it, holding it open until you've passed through, before it's too late...ah, but there are often many windows, aren't there? Choose wisely, or you may find yourself living to regret it, as I once did... go on and make your choice quickly and carefully. Choose a direction in which you'll most likely set your heart free..." After her mildly cryptic words, she would begin to walk away. Of course, she would stop to turn her head back to the girl, with a smirk on her face. "Oh, and don't worry...though I heard it, like I'm sure someone else might have, your precious little secret is safe with me..." She reassured before slipping away, blending in with the crowd of many players.

@Dazia

Edited by Vigilon

Yinangi would still be smiling at Dazia. "You definitely should. I'm glad we had this conversation, Dazia, I'm sure it was an eye-opener for you. I'll be watching from the sweets table, so don't let me down! You can do it!" She would say before hightailing it to the refreshments again, except she would be keeping a close eye on Dazia in anticipation of the possible moment.

As soon as Yinangi left, a white haired woman wearing an ice blue dress would come and speak to Dazia. The words would be kind of cryptic, yet a bit close to her father's words when it came to the whole "opportunity" explanation. "Don't think that I would just blindly follow the advice of a random woman who speaks to me right after eavesdropping on what she shouldn't be involved in." She remarked as she crossed her arms, mildly glaring with suspicion. The woman would claim that Dazia's secret would be safe with her, but Dazia did not care. "Who the hell does she think she is, acting like she can barge into anything like that?" She thought.

@Vigilon

She would shake off the words the mysterious woman left in her mind, and she would then walk over to where the tent ended and the path began...but she stopped there, and did not dare to go any further. Patience would have to be her ally, as she was in no state to be the one to approach Benjamin. Her knees were shaking, and her face reddened slightly as she considered the inevitable...

Edited by Dazia

"Welcome to the gala, miss. Some refreshments for you?"

Another waiter. For f*cks sake, I can get my own food you little-

As Lilik rounded on the waiter, another surely-bitchy comment teetering on the tip of her tongue, she was caught by surprise. Not a crotchety old man, but a young woman close to her own age. And the swirling crystal that forever rode above her head signified actual player, rather than NPCInteresting.

Curious, the woman relaxed her features. Something like a smile unfurled across her painted lips. "Don't mind if I do," came her silky answer. Fingers with black, manicured nails selected a perfectly round chocolate chip cookie from the tray. Lilik hardly paid any attention to the fruit, content to reach right over it for the tastier treat. And why not? Why in the world would you choose a hunk of nasty-ass melon in a place where carbs don't count?

"I dig the suit," Lilik commented mildly, gesturing with the cookie before taking a delicate bite. She chewed, swallowed, then added, "It fits you well, and isn't nearly as stuffy as what everyone else here is wearing. I appreciate the understated."

@NIGHT

Edited by Lilik

Shinji looks up to Cordelia's face for a few seconds or so as she mentions his own Hoya pendant, then fishes it out of his inventory which he kept it back into earlier during the walk up here. He faces the distant tent again while staring at its red heart, his thumb slowly rubbing its smooth surface as he thinks of giving it to somebody if he finds it boring to keep around. But for some reason, part of him still wants to keep this pendant for unknown reasons.

"About that..." he says while his eyes are fixed on the pendant. "If I give it to someone, it means I am either selling it or already told them I don't want it and that they should gift this to someone they are fond of. There is no one special I have in mind, and even if I have one, I don't...feel worthy in giving this to her. It should be someone better....someone more deserving. There's nothing special about me other than being a loner and someone wielding a big sword swinging here and there..."

He doesn't know why he is opening up a bit too much to Cordelia, but the damage had been done. He sighs in defeat and enclose the pendant into his fist, looking down at the ground with a frown.

"Better to be alone than to awkwardly fail at trying to get a mate. I'm fine with them being friends with me if they choose so, but that is it..."

@Cordelia

Her patron had almost snapped, the waiter could tell from the scrunching of her face as soon as she turned around. And she might've hightailed it out of there, had the change in expression in the pause afterwards not lent her some relief. A cookie removed from the platter, and it wouldn't be missed, as NIGHT straightened her back, watching the lady eat her treat with a formidable amount of refinement.

"Oh?" The waiter replied, beaming at the compliment, before following up with another bow. "Thank you, miss. You look quite fine yourself, tonight. Elegance in simplicity." Her empty hand gestured over the stranger's dress as she said that. "Your markings really do make you stand out, though. Contrasting the darkness. I quite like them."

NIGHT glanced up towards her own green cursor for a split second, before meeting her guest's gaze once more. "Are you in the mood to humor a humble butler for a moment?" A smirk, the woman assuming the secret wasn't out of the bag just yet. "Just some light conversation is all I'm asking. It's a fine evening for festivities, I'm sure, but I'm curious as to what brings you here tonight. Tell me, what do you think?" She placed a hand to her chin, looking away for a beat. "Is it the food, or the people?"

@Lilik

"You're totally buttering me up." Lessa turned into Bahr, her pointer finger gently prodding his broad chest. "You think you can get all cleaned up, put on that fancy suit, then act all smooth." Despite the words she spoke, her grin lit her face far more efficiently than the bright sun. "Because you know that was really, really smooth."

Lessa's blue eyes rolled heavenward in mock exasperation. The gesture was emphasized by the hair-thin border of eyeliner she wore, and the dash of mascara that thickened her lashes. She certainly didn't need any blush, however - her cheeks were already rosy from the attention her date paid her. "So just go ahead and ask for it," she concluded, "whatever it is you want. You've done an excellent job of buttering, so I'll probably most definitely do it."

She stepped closer to him, content to enjoy the moment in it's entirety. The air held the faintest chill, a hint of the approaching evening, and she was slightly appreciative of the shawl that covered her linebacker shoulders. The band had apparently finished their warm-ups, and had slipped seamlessly into a cheery diddy. Honestly, it sounded a bit like Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling.' There was music, and laughter, and him. It was nice.

@Bahr

"'Butter you up?' Please, you ought to know me better than that by now," he chided with a teasing tone. "Naahhhh. I just wanted to spend some time with you, is all." He stole a glance at her out of the corners of his eyes. "And maybe, you know, stay somewhere that isn't the tenth floor. The banshee's back." A sigh. "Hard to get any sleep, these days."

There was a brief moment of silence before Bahr had an epiphany.

"Unless you wanted to go on a little adventure of our own. A Ghost Busters jamboree, maybe? I remember you telling me you were interested," he recalled enthusiastically before moving his free hand to his chin, pitching his jaws upward, and peering thoughtfully into the scattered clouds above. "I'm willing to bet there's more than just the banshee we can get wrapped up in. And, truthfully, I can't think of anyone I'd have more fun with hunting ghosts. That is, if you're up for it."

With each word that passed through his lips, he grew more and more apparently excited a the prospect. "Lessa and Bahr: Spirit Cleansing Extraordinaires. Lovers of books. Eaters of snacks. They'll write stories about us, for sure."

It was just all and nothing at this point Quinn was having everything thrown at her and in the end the bucket was full and everything wanted to get out. But then the woman, Mari, kneeled down even on her heels what was quite impressive. Quinn looked up as she was crying softly and nodded to Mari's question both times. Yes, this was a panic attack of sorts and the best Quinn could do was try to calm down. Ground herself, that was a term Quinn was not really used to at all. But Quinn tried her best to do as Mari said.

Quinn's hands still twisted with each other as a clear sign of not being calm at all but Quinn at least tried to close her eyes. As Quinn did so still a few hiccups from crying she tried to listen to the sounds around her. It was very clear what she heard, her own snickering and crying as well as her heartbeat as well. Clearly not being calm at all Quinn tried her best and closed her eyes even more. It was quiet and for a moment a small piece for Quinn. "P-People... M-Music," She said still moving her finger into each other as holding them close to her chest. Quinn kept trying to do what Mari told, "Lonely." Was the next word. Before Quinn did more there was a deep breath. As Mari grabbed Quinn's hand there was a bit of a shock from Quinn before you could see Quinn sway a bit on the music playing on the background not speaking for a bit. It seems whatever Quinn focuses on it was the music for sure. "Roses and ... Don't need something," Quinn said in the end before opening her eyes.

"M-Merci," Quinn said as it was clear to dry up her tears now and trying to get out of her panic state. A few deep breaths, in and out. "I'll like something to drink, please," Quinn said low and soft having a very clear France accent to it as well. "Q-Quinn, my name is Quinn," Quinn said to Mari as she whipped away her tears as her eyes still were a bit watery. I wish I had my headset now, So I could listen to some calming violin music, Quinn thought for a second. "Merci beaucoup," Quinn said still trying to grab hold of her emotions a bit as she spoke softly looking at Mari.

@Mari @Minako

Lonely

Ooof. Right in the heart there, kiddo. Mari meant touch - not feel as in emotions. Perhaps she should have been more specific. But Mari wasn't going to say that to someone who was trying to relax and calm down from an anxiety attack. "Right...I hear...." Mari closed her eyes. "I hear the sound of glasses being clinked together, and I hear people talking..." She opened her blue eyes and kept her gaze just above the girls head; so she was looking at her; but not staring directly into the other girls eyes. Mari knew how confrontational that could be to someone in such a state. "Let's see...I smell...strawberries and chocolate. I can feel the soft warmth of your hands." Mari tilted her head to the side and offered the girl a cheeky grin. "And I still taste strawberries too!"

She glanced up at @Minako, feeling a touch guilty for not being able to entertain the other woman. But she hoped the redhead understood. This was a little more pressing than trying to find a date. Mari shifted her attention back to the girl. Ah...so her name was @Quinn and she had a French Accent, Mari guessed she was from France. Since....yanno, the whole language thing. It'd also explain her petite frame and face, maybe?  Mari was never good at genealogy or the like. "Well Quinn, as I said. My name is Mari." Mari had no qualms with the girl knowing her name, she doubted this child had looked at the monument of life. 

"A drink, let's see..." Mari stood up and glanced around the table, there were wines. Nope that wouldn't do - although she had heard somewhere the drinking age in Italy was 16 - she wasn't sure of how true it was. Then, there were soft drinks. Colas and lemonades. Ugh. No. Too sweet, too bubbly. Ah. Mari found a jug of what looked like a sparkling apple juice. She poured herself a cup and drank a mouthful to confirm it. Then she grabbed a cup for Quinn. Passing it to the small blonde. "Here you go. Feeling a little better? Did you need to go somewhere more quiet?"

Her eyes lifted up to Minako. "Did you want anything since I'm here?"

"You're so pessimistic," Cordelia whined, shaking her head at him.

"Nothing good is ever going to happen if you think like that," she sighed, giving him a wry smile. 

"It's a heart, Shinji. A bloody heart. That isn't something you just sell or give to someone for no reason." She pursed her lips as she crossed her arms. "Sure, you can give it to someone for their wedding but one, that'd be incredibly awkward because it's a heart, and two. . ." Her voice dropped to a whisper, "no one really wants those things for a wedding fit anyway, they're kind of useless." 

She sniffed before rubbing the back of her neck. "Those things shouldn't be sold or given to someone just like that," averting her eyes to the tent before smiling softly to herself. 

"Anyway, don't worry about it. It may not be your time to find love now, but don't you dare just hand that thing away, you hear me?" She asked, turning her attention back to Shinji to give him a cold hard glare.

@Shinji

Ceres nodded. "Erm...kinda...yeh...I do." She scratched her cheek, feeling a little awkward. She didn't like seeing her friend this way. "But she also may not...but...call this womans intuition, but she definitely is smitten for you."

"-but seeing you hurt like that just... it just tore me up, you know."

Ceres took a step back and covered her cheeks, which had flushed as he said those words. "B-Benji! Stop!" It felt...well, it felt something. Like a slightly dizzying feeling when he had said those words. Sure Ceres had friends, but she wasn't sure when the last time she had heard someone so easily say something so heartfelt and comforting to her. "That's really sweet, but...I'm not worth that!" Ceres gushed. She lowered her hands, they fell to her ballgown, and scrunched up the crimson material in her tiny fists. "I don't think I've had many people who care like that...so thanks." She managed to say, clearly flustered.

Right. Back to the topic at hand. Ceres turned back to Benji who was fidgeting, a part of her wanted to reach out to him - and make a joke as she shoved something silly in his hands to make him feel better, but now didn't feel like the right time for silly shenanigans like that. It seemed like he was trying to work through his feelings. So probably needed to concentrate. "You talk to me just fine." Ceres offered. "I really like our conversations." Ceres pursed her lightly glossed lips as he asked what he was supposed to say. "I think this depends on what you want to do Benji." Ceres let go of her dress and reached out to take each of his hands in hers. "You shouldn't discount yourself so easily, you were doing just fine at the party before I barrelled into things and made a mess." She said with a wince. "You've cleaned up well, and look quite dashing. So Do I think you can do whatever it is you set out to do? Yes." Ceres gave him a reassuring squeeze before letting go.

"The question you need to ask yourself is, do you feel the same about her? If you do, I think tonight would be a nice night to talk things out. And if you don't - you shouldn't feel guilty, we can't control our emotions or who we fall for." Ceres pointed to herself. "I mean, I was stupid enough to be enamored with an NPC, because she was being so kind and genuine to me." She said with a fragile laugh.

@Benjamin Bookworm