[OP - F22] Star-Crossed Gala

There was an event inbound! It was formal, so she made sure to find a tailor shop to get herself a beautiful dress. She would hightail it to the event, she did not want to miss out on this! Upon her arrival, she looked at how the event was set up. "Wow...it's so incredible..." She noted. She looked up to the sky, where the stars were in view. The starlight reflected off her eyes as she gazed towards them. "What a beautiful night it is...I wonder what will happen..." Well, she wouldn't get very far if she didn't talk to someone! She looked around, seeing quite a few players around... but there seemed to be mostly girls present at the moment. "Hmm, that's strange. Are all the single guys hesitant or something?" She thought. T'was the season, so she figured that maybe she would have some luck...of course, that might have not been the case. She looked back to the stars in the sky, taking in the sight....she gazed at their brightness, took in the details of their patterns and positions... "I should talk to people. After all, that's kind of why I'm here, really!" ...but where would she start? She walked back to the area under the tent, and would start looking around to see if there was anyone she could talk to.

Astralin's Dress:

Spoiler

875856728_PDI1.jpg.d96598b85a32d18d7656f019faab7e05.jpg

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was that time of year again...which meant that a date was mandatory. When he heard about an event, he decided to let Krysta know about it. Perhaps their date could be rescheduled to this event...or maybe it could just be a mild extra date within a social event, who knows? As long as he was spending time with her, he'd be happy. He'd get a suit on, travel to the event on the 22nd floor, and he would then get a feel for the scenery before anything else. "Well now, this is kind of impressive..." His familiar, Veriost, would awaken through a pleasant smell...the small white frost dragon awakened, smelling what was among her favorite sweets...sweets involving white chocolate. She would turn her head over to the white chocolate fountain, and her jaw would drop. Vigilon noticed this almost immediately. ".....Sure, just...don't go overboard." He decided. "And no double dipping!" He called out to her as she took flight, zooming off towards the white chocolate fountain at top speed, to which he sighed. "Crazy girl..." He noted. He would wait by the event's entrance, for he believed Krysta would show up pretty soon.

Vigilon's Suit:

Spoiler

Suit.png.c9db8d14af4e75a7602e1fbe4093f439.png

Lessa's pale pink lips pursed in a playful pout as Bahr's arms snaked around her. Go figure, he'd catch her cruising the buffet table. And even more perfect, he felt the need to comment on it. She might have been embarrassed by it, or made some excuse, had he not moved seamlessly into a cooking insult. Her blue eyes widened, brows winging up as she turned her head. Lessa still couldn't see him, as he stood directly behind her, but she could feel his breath on her cheek. It wasn't altogether unpleasant.

"Oh ho ho," the woman answered, a breathy, sarcastic chortle. "The man's got jokes." The hand that wasn't currently holding a strawberry moved to his face, where she gently flicked his nose. "Keep it up, wise guy, and I'll eat everything here just to spite you." She huffed dramatically, then added, "It would be so much work, but someone has to teach you a lesson."

The pout was quickly replaced by a goofy smile at his compliment. Since the expression would give Bahr way too much satisfaction, she masked it by shoving the strawberry in her mouth. Another jab danced on her tongue, something about his being a dick, but the words died the moment she turned around. When her brain returned to her head, and she picked her jaw off the floor, Lessa let loose a low whistle. “Dang, you clean up nice.” Ah [censored], there was that goofy smile again. And me with no more strawberries. 

Both hands went to his chest, and she tugged gently on the edges of his blazer. “I may not have recognized you without the red,” she teased, but every part of her softened as she recognized her pin on his lapel. “Well look at that,” she breathed, fingertips kissing the tiny neutron star.

Blinking rapidly, Lessa’s gaze moved up to Bahr’s mismatched eyes. You might assume that after months of looking at them, the dual-tones wouldn’t cause that little stutter in her system. Of course, you’d be wrong. “I uh, yeah. I submitted something kind of silly.” Now that her thoughts were in order, the blonde shook her head. “You really don’t need to pay to hang out with me. We can do that for free. And believe me, it’s definitely not a date.”

@Bahr

As Krysta was sewing a dress for her to wear for her upcoming date, she received a message, one that spoke of what was probably a Valentines Day event, no doubt. She was just about done, anyway, so this was actually timed well. She finished the dress, and tried it on. Knowing that it was a successful one, she would definitely wear it to the event.

She would make the short journey through the twenty-second floor, and reach the area where the event was taking place. Yolviinsil poked her head out from behind, looking over Krysta's shoulder to see all the unfamiliar faces. The small ruby red feathered dragon saw Veriost, but would not fly over to see her, due to all the unfamiliar faces that she wasn't sure she should trust. "I'm sure we'll meet some kind people, Yolviinsil, don't worry." Krysta reassured her.

She would see Vigilon over at the entrance of the event, and walk over to him. "Hello there, Alex, a wonderful evening, isn't it?"

Krysta's Dress:

Spoiler

836713841_WDI2.thumb.jpg.5f1d33a25138f0c7fba18e837c94f78b.jpg

Jomei chuckled at Shion's response to how she was doing. "Don't we all.." The Irishman said, his voice trailing off a bit as he blindly searched with his hand for the wine he had previously discarded, now feeling he needed a drink after the thought of how far they were from clearing Castle Aincrad crossed him. The wine was still dry, and at this point it was just a force of habit to drink, a placebo, since the alcohol had no effect on their minds of bodies at all. However, his spirits lifted again shortly after, "Well, even though making sure you're of a high enough level is important, its good to take a break once in awhile. To enjoy the company of other players. Sadly, our goal of getting out of this game and back home is quite a ways away, despite making a lot of progress in the last year. So, might as well try to enjoy the other pleasures this world offers." he said, gesturing with his glass to the rest of the party and patrons in attendance. The questions turned back to him again, peering into what brought him to this event tonight. Olive eyes trailed upwards in thought for a mere moment before he shrugged his shoulders, "Like I said, needed to get out, see some friends, and enjoy some good food and company. Last event I was at turned sour pretty quick.. that was around Halloween. So I like to try and enjoy these events where I don't have to fight for my life." the man said positively with a smile, despite being completely cautious of the fact they were not in the safe zone, and that his rapier would summon to his waist at just the flick of the wrist. "I'd ask what brought you here as well, but I think by the way you were acting towards your friend, it seems you were dragged out here against your will." 

The ginger took another quick look around the party as other patrons arrived. He saw Lessa step through the threshold in a flowing dress of lavender and purples. She was soon met with a player whom Jomei had not met before, who wrapped his arms around her waist in a loving manner. So it seemed she had found someone to spend her days with after all. He offered a smile in her and her apparent date's direction with a small raise of his glass, showing acknowledgement in a way that said 'I'll come by and talk to you later'. Jomei's eyes also trailed back to the strawberry hoarder, who was now in a conversation with a younger looking player. It seemed to be a civil enough conversation, so it eased Jomei's mind about the player's crystal color. His eyes eventually went back to Shion when she mentioned that he seemed like a man with experience. He took, 'interesting person with some good experience' as a compliment, so he smirked in recognition. When asked about his level, Jomei furrowed his brow. "Huh, you know.. I was running on auto pilot for a bit.. so I never really kept track lately." With a swipe of his hand, Jomei summoned his menus yet again, taking a quick look where it showed his stats. "Currently I am level 75, just a wee bit shy of hitting 76." As he closed his menu, he brought a hand up to rub the nape of his neck. He was never asked much about his level, and revealing he was of quite a high mark, he felt as though he was bragging.. despite being the one asked about it, "Guess I have multiple floor boss raids to thank for that." 

@Azhoda

Oops. Seemed like he'd ruffled some feathers. She bounced back quickly, though. If the rosy hues that rode her cheeks were any indication, it was probably because she'd found herself pleased with what he was wearing. She looked him up and down, a small whistle escaping her lips before she spoke.

“Dang, you clean up nice.”

Yup. Definitely the clothes. And she was touching them, too. Running her fingers along his lapel until they met with the pin she'd had made for him as a Christmas gift. Why, yes, Lessa. I am wearing that. Just like you're wearing that ribbon. The cheesy grin was impossible to hide, so he didn't even try. He knew she loved it. She knew he loved it. Despite whatever front she was putting up to act perturbed by his little jabs, she was happy he was there. 

The smile was briefly tugged downward when she mentioned she had indeed submitted something to the auction, but his concerns were assuaged when she reassured him that it wasn't a date. He eyed her precariously, plucking a strawberry from the table and biting into it, leaving the stem behind. With a grin, he replied, "Guess that's good. And you're right, I shouldn't need to pay to hang out with you. Like, say, later tonight. At Manderly. I'll even cook."

Not spaghetti, though. He'd need to make something a little more special.

"In the meantime, I guess we should see this is all about. See anyone you recognize?"

Minako snickered, she seemed to be enjoying herself. Something Mari was honestly surprised about - but the older woman decided not to question it. One of her biggest flaws currently was her crippling self doubt, it was like a constant voice in her head that told her everything she did was wrong and that she'd be doing everyone a favour by throwing herself off of Aincrad. So seeing another casually sitting in front of her, genuinely laughing and enjoying herself was jarring to Mari. In a good way. But Jarring nonetheless. "I only recently came back from isolation due to....some terrible events." Mari admitted to Minako's innocent question. She didn't like someone prying into her past, but she again, had to remind herself this was innocent small talk. "I've been preparing for the frontline battle." Came Mari's response. "Training, mostly - and prepping supplies."

"I only recently got a house." Mari said as she tugged at her ginger hair, her eyes averting from Minako's. Back to the entrance. No sign of Baldur or Macradon yet. "Honestly being cooped up in a room sounds pretty good right now, but that's coming from someone who sleeps in caves." Mari laughed awkwardly as she shifted her gaze back to Minako. "Would you believe I still haven't slept in it yet? I keep thinking I don't deserve to - but..."

"You deserve to sleep in a bed, not because you earned it, but because you're going to. And you need to be in your best form to do that. If you throw your life away, you're not helping anyone. The longer you fight on the front, the better you do, the more honor you bring not just to yourself, but to the memories of those we've left behind."

Mari's lips quirked up into a smile. "But...someone told me I do. I gotta start remembering things like that." Mari tapped her temple. "Rather than the voices in my head."  Minako said she had one friend. "Honestly, one friend you can trust is better than many friends who don't have your best interests at heart. "

The redhead glanced toward the table, her exuberant smile fading ever so slightly as her cheeks flushed. She admitted she wanted to find some handsome suitor. The way she said it, Mari couldn't help but scoff. The woman quickly waved it off. "Sorry, but what? You're strong, beautiful and clearly have more confidence than you give yourself credit for. Why should he help you forget your problems?" Mari slammed a hand down on the table. "We're in a frickin' giant tent with some of the best food this game has to offer. I mean, if you want to share your experiences with someone, do it. This hell hole is f**king lonely, but don't think, even for a second - that you need someone to whisk you away and save you. You're alive, you're here, your smiling, I don't see anyone here who needs to be saved, do you?" Mari picked up another strawberry and placed it in her mouth before picking up the entire silver platter. She balanced it on one hand and picked around at the small morsels of fruit with the other. This was why she didn't talk much. Good job at probably making her feel like an idiot, Mari.

@Minako

d1363d005039f90cc7bbe0931f20c420.jpg

Violet adjusted her dress as she walked towards the entrance of the event area, an impassive look on her face. The whole thing seemed to be some kind of social event with an auction at the end of it. Her first thoughts were to not go, since she wasn't sure if she could bully Jon into meeting her there, which would have been a completely different beast. Her gothic dress, decorated with black and red roses, didn't entirely match up with the more vibrant and lighter-colored dresses and outfits that she spotted on the NPC's milling around the area, but it was nevertheless a beautiful one. Even akame had her own accessories, a small cluster of sapphire blue and white roses pinned to the tips of each of her tail feathers, a golden circlet on her head.

She finally reached the main entrance, looking around at the various people, NPC and Player alike, as they milled around the area. She caught sight of the Event NPC, who seemed to be rather busy talking with the occasional Player, and discussing something with several NPC's. She didn't bother to even try and approach the quest NPC, knowing that she probably wouldn't be able to go anywhere near her anytime soon. Instead, she walked forward towards the crowd of players, taking wary note of the orange player that was with them, watching the ginger-haired woman carefully.

Violet realized with a start that she really didn't know anyone here, which elicited a faint groan from herself as she pulled open her menu, flicking through it until she found Jon's contact information, and pressing the <<message button>>, a frustrated look crossing her face. Half of her friend's list didn't even contact her anymore, and some of them were crossed off of it, which caused a pang of sadness to hit her heart, which she quickly crushed before she ended up crying, locking them behind her usual "Laugh it off" routine. She sent off the message, before walking over to the crowd of people, hoping to strike up a conversation with someone

TO: @Morgenstern

Hey, are you gonna show up at the Valentine's event? I'm kind of here by myself, and I don't... really know anyone here..;

Half of them I've only met in passing, and the rest I've only read about in the Aincrad Newspapers...

Cordelia tugged in the hem of her dress as more and more guests arrived. Some she recognized, some she didn’t. 

Maybe she should actually interact with someone? That would be good. Yeah, that was probably a good idea. Or was it?

Her eyes scanned the area just before she pursed her lips. She wasn’t sure if she was exactly close with any of the people here. . . Maybe Lessa and Bahr. . ? Also, she knew it!

Shuffling her way over to the couple, she quietly made her way across the crowds of people. . . hopefully without being noticed. 

”Hey Bahr, Lessa,” she greeted, nodding to the two before she broke out into a grin. “You two look great today,” she said warmly. “Plus, I always knew you two were a thing!” The girl squealed, nearly shaking in her spot. 

She cleared her throat. “So, how’s it going?”

Having quite enough of standing around in the tent like a mannequin, Shinji turns around to see even more guests, among them Cordelia, the girl that abruptly ended his Hoya quest early for her own sake. Not that he would hate her for that or anything. He realized that it would be boring for her to sit out and let him fight the two minotaurs. Maybe it's best if they could do another quest with a stronger monster next time, one that can't be ended with one shot from her powerful blade.

At least thanks to her, he got free experience and the Hoya early in the quest. Soon remembering the Hoya, he looks at Cordelia for a few more seconds, who is now talking to a couple, before turning away and facing the edge of the tent as he brings out his inventory and summons the Hoya into his hand.

Without making the object visible from anybody's view by simply not turning around, Shinji stares down at it, the solid, red heart pendant sitting on his hand as he thinks about either keeping and treating it as a good luck charm or sell it to somebody else, perhaps to an engaged couple. Or just be more generous and give them as a gift for free.

Either way, the only thing he is doing with it right now is keeping it around, without any intention to show the Hoya to anyone at all.

With my friend gone I was well here speaking to a quite nice man, It was alright and I at least got some distraction now. It seemed as people joined more and more. The other ginger who seemed to have her crystal changed was now speaking to others. Lessa who I must say seemed to be a bit off her mind from last time I met her as well as her friend who she was speaking to. On the other hand, there was Cordelia as she walked up to the two, Been some time from last time I spoke to her maybe another time as we spoke. On the rest of a few people, I didn't know I just looked a bit around. One guy well seemed lonely as it could be, being by himself for sure.

But what got my interest was Jomei's response to my question about his level, "Yeez, Like quite a bit of level away from me, it seems. Not only that you are a front liner as well. Call me impressed." I paused for a second, "What is rare to be honest, as you didn't look like your run of the mill front liner like Baldur or um... Calrex. Not to be offensive or anything you just look the way you are," I said as my expression didn't seem to change the slightest at all as only my eyes spoke of my emotions. "It's still quite interesting none the less, I don't mean to be mean or anything but yeah. I understand why you would want to talk to people, but I don't understand why it is in the season to do so," I said pointing at one of the heart decorations and why everyone seemed more loving to their friends, I find it rather useless if I think about it. 

But before I could say something else My stomach spoke for itself, curse you weakness for food! As my stomach growled I held on hand to my stomach and one behind my head, "Well guess I spoke out of order there..." I paused and my fiery stature sacked in. "You don't mind getting some food do you now If you like we could get something while we speak. I'm more open to speaking more about somethings here and there." Saying this I looked at the food table and kind of forcefully signed at Jomei to come and join me to get some food.

@Jomei

“What?” she countered, batting her thick lashes innocently, “you don’t want me to make you dinner?” No, she couldn’t possibly keep up the ruse for more than a few seconds. With a warm peal of laughter, she slipped her arm around his waist. “Don’t worry,” she assured him, squeezing gently. “I don’t even want me to make dinner. So I’d love it if you came over. If not tonight, maybe tomorrow? Or the day after?” Her blue eyes danced with good humor, even as a blush warmed her cheeks. “Orrrr even the next day. Whenever you can fit me into your schedule.”

Even more guests had wandered in, drawn like vibrantly colored insects to the massive, rose-colored tent. One pink-haired beauty whirled in in a storm of black fabric, her dress immediately catching Lessa’s gaze. It was as dark as night, and yet somehow still managed to give off a fiercely feminine aura. The line of crimson that clung to the corset, and the blood-red rose both tied the ensemble together perfectly. Whoa, Lessa mused appreciatively. I have got to tell that woman how much I love her dress.

Speaking of stunners, Lessa turned as Cordelia approached. She had met the woman the previous month, and had not seen her since, but she would recognize the mile of white hair anywhere. “Thank you,” Lessa answered. “I haven’t dressed up like this in a long time, but it’s kind of fun.” Her smile widened, and she bumped her hip softly against Bahr’s. “Plus, I get to see this guy in formal wear. That’s really the best part.”

Lessa’s gaze swept over the slightly taller woman. “You look just fantastic.” The column of crimson was practically painted on Cordelia’s willowy frame. And that slit? Goodness, the girl had legs for days. A brief flash of unease flared in Lessa’s gut, and she pulled her shawl a bit tighter about her shoulders. Shawl? Why had she worn that again? Cordelia wasn’t wearing one, nor was that woman in the black dress. You know who wore shawls? Grandmas. 

But that wasn’t Cord’s fault, so Lessa simply went on smiling. “It’s going well, thanks. How about you?”

@Cordelia @Bahr

Well, it is about time to make my appearance again, It has been some time and far too long. Hearing about this event seemed like the best way to pull your thoughts away from this world where death was easy to gain, but in my line of work, it was kind of normal to have that outlook for sure. Thinking about my work however made me think a bit more, how long does it take to make the army of Japan move on this whole deal or have they already done so. Well not to linger on that for much long It was time to show up at this event and get to know the kids from this world more. Wearing a black suit with a dark blue tie, that for a man of my posture seemed a bit small but still fitting good, I made my way to this event.

Once there it seemed like a bursting party of love, of course with the season being around Valentine's day and people doing an extra gift to their loved once, it was no way to avoid it at this time. Hey, honey for when Ever I promise I will be at your side again, I thought and smiled with the mindset of making this world a better place by protecting the people here and now. Looking around It seemed like people have moved about for sure and some looked to be in love while others did some small talk. I made my way over to the table with food and took a plate and well set my eyes on some of the chocolates. Taking some food and chocolates on the plate I turned around and looked around for someone to interact with at least for a bit to start small talk with people here.

My eyes were set on a few people, two girls to speak the most of, they seemed to have a conversation about something. While one was eating a lot of strawberries while the other was listening to her as she spoke. It got a bit heated for sure and I could not help overhearing it a bit as I walked over. "Hello there, You two ladies don't mind if this old man comes and sits down with you two,"  I asked the two girls as I took a chair and sat down on the chair with my body a bit overshooting the small chair a bit. "I could not stop and overhear the conversation with you two. Do mind the tough a bit, Cursing is alright but people will stare at you if you do so, you may even get unwanted attention," I said knowing full well what her crystal mend. I took a chocolate from the plate and placed it in my mouth before speaking again. Clearing my throat I spoke up again emotionless as I did but with a calm and soft voice, "I do however agree with her, As far as I can see. The world we are in is cruel, yes, but it is just as real as a real war, but with less blood and disappear. We have to face what this world throws at us by either great friends or by our own means. You are the character of your own story, you make your ways in this unforgiven world we all found ourselves in. We all move on however, the world we once knew is ahead of us and we get there, and that is a promise from me." I paused and looked at my plate thinking of that world we all once knew and looked up again, "But before I move on, I guess I should greet probably. I go my Commando here, but call me Gamiz, My old title does not have any power here so just call me whatever you prefer," I said with my deep calm and soft voice.

@Mari @Minako

A quiet day, a slow morning, it was time, it was the time of the year, the date of the year, for dates … “Valentines …” Macradon thought as he laid down on his sofa in the living room “Perhaps I should invite Kairi out or something … or …” he thought just as a message popped up, an invitation, from Mari … “Oh … free food … maybe I should cheap out and take Kairi to some free food, gotta see how she reacts to me doing that.” he thought with a snicker as he got up from the sofa. “Well … better get dressed then.” he thought as he went into his bedroom to change into his more formal attire, it was a gala more than a grandoir ball, so a neat suit would probably be for the better than a fully dressed military uniform. Donning a nice three piece suit, Macradon would venture up to the gala.

On his way up the many floor, Macradon would send out a message to his fiance

Kairi, it’s me

There’s a valentines event going on, a grand gala. I want to invite you, rather than you show up after a while and get annoyed by me not inviting you. I’m on my way there, I’ve been invited by a friend, and would like you to join my side whenever you have the time to do so.

While I have the chance, I’ll say happy valentine’s my love, I can’t wait to see you.

MacxKairi_big.gif

From your’s truly
- Macradon

Sending the message away, Macradon would proceed up to the 22nd floor. As he approached the area, he could already hear a good amount of people that had already chosen to show up, which was fine. As he got closer and closer, he thought of ways to make an entrance “Kairi isn’t here yet I presume … so if I just make a big stupid entrance so people know that the town fool has entered, I should be good.” he thought and pondered over what to say and how to do it, “Gosh … uhhh … pop-culture references … uhm …” he thought as he got close, nearing the entrance to the gala “Ok, I’ll go with this one, kick down the door and just yell out if anyone’s ringed me up … alright.” he thought and got to the entrance.

“No way …” he thought, there wasn’t a big door, it was just an opening towards the gala, what a disappointment. He would take in a deep breath and roared out the loudest sound he could make of a door being kicked open. As his foot fell down from the motion of kicking in the imaginary door, Macradon would set down his foot sternly, grab his waist of his trousers, take another step into the gala like it was a saloon in a western film and called out to everyone at the party “Somebody ring the dinkster?!”. He was hoping that as few as possible would notice his stupid entrance, it wasn’t his best performance, nor was it something he was proud of, but the deed had been done.

He would straighten his back and get back up into a proper form again and dust off his clothes. “Food.” he thought and went towards the food table, the one Mari had mentioned, he hoped there was food, tasty food. Making his way towards the table, Macradon would get a view of the woman he had met, though unbeknownst to him, she wore a dress, not something he had seen her in before, he was used to the leather armor, tanktop and shorts, this was a bit too ladylike, it was … different. “Hey Mari.” he said as he approached.

@Mari

@Kairi

Before they had a chance to continue their conversation they were interrupted by a tall, broad shouldered man. He offered some 'words of wisdom' before sitting down beside Minako. Mari bristled. Mother Mari mode activated

Her expression soured when he commented on her swearing. "Really?" Mari asked. "Why thanks, I never would have f**king guessed without you telling me." She added in a sarcastic tone, she didn't exactly appreciate the sentiment. Sure, it was true - but frankly - she had reigned herself in more than enough to be suitable at the event. "The only people who would really have a problem are eavesdroppers." She added. Mari knew she should be nicer to the greying man, hell, he hadn't inherently done anything wrong. But something about him really rubbed her the wrong way. Clearly he knew she was a Pker - his words felt like they were an attack on that. Unwanted attention.... Mari scoffed. Who the hell did he think he was.

She did not like how close he was to Minako. Especially after her admission of wanting love and romance - for him to hear that then cozy up next to her? Nuh uh. Mari wasn't having it. Mari took a few steps toward the chairs, and placed the platter of strawberries into Minako's hands. "Hold this." Mari then shifted to behind Minako's chair then, quite loudly pushed it across the floor away from Commando.

Skkrr SKkrrr rkSkrrrr SKrrrr

IF she hadn't drawn attention earlier (which Mari very much doubted she had) She most definitely did now. Mari's heeled shoes slipped a few times, and she had only dragged the chair a few metres away - but the message was clear. 'Stay away from her'

"I go my Commando here, but call me Gamiz, My old title does not have any power here so just call me whatever you prefer."

Mari flashed a wry grin. "Righteo." She mused. "I think I prefer to call you cr-" She was interrupted as Macradon had entered. All Mari could do was stare. Did he have any idea what he was doing? He half stomped, half walked his way over toward the table that Mari had been standing by the entire time. She had to admit she felt relief seeing him. The entrance managed to diffuse a situation that othewise, could have turned ugly.

"What the hell is your problem." Mari said with a sigh as she reached out to dust some dirt off the shoulder of his jacket. "Really now Mac, is that what you're calling yourself now. 'The Dinkster'?" Mari took a step back. "I'm...glad you came. I invited you figuring you'd bring your fiance." She paused. "I also invited ah, Baldur." She added, quickly glancing away from him. Why did that admission make her feel flustered? Probably because Macradon and Baldur were friends, right?  Maybe that's why it felt awkward to talk about Baldur in front of him?

"This is Minako." Mari said as she gestured toward the redheaded woman. "And that's just furniture." She said in reference to Commando, her friendly tone turning cold.

@Macradon @Minako @Commando

He laughed at Mari’s reply to his stupid entrance, at least one of the people realizing his stupid act was a close friend of his, someone he could trust would know that his joke was as bad as he intended. “I wouldn’t call myself The Dinkster yet, I still go by Macradon for now. It was an old pop-culture reference my grandpa told me about long ago, don’t even know where it’s from, but he told me it was a good online joke.” he replied. “I’ve invited my fiance, Kairi, she might show up, I’m not sure, but I hope she do, she hasn’t really been the outdoors type as of late … but I sure hope she remembers this day.” he said, remembering back to the time the and Kairi first met each other. 

“Oh, Baldur! Nice, haven’t seen him in a while, glad to see the man again. Been awhile since had a nice talk with him. Looks like you’ve made some more friends, it makes me glad to see that you’ve widened your friend group, it’s good to have some more people to rely on.” he said with a smile. Baldur was a good man, a good friend, someone that have been at the frontlines for a while and had supported Macradon as well, and as he heard it from the other frontliners, Baldur was the raid leader after Mac deserted from the frontlines, he took the torch that Macradon left behind, truly a comrade you could trust upon.

He would look at the chair Mari had been clutching with her hands, on the chair sat a girl, not someone he was too familiar with, if even at all "Aaaand ... who's this?" he asked, wondering who this might be, did she abduct someone? Kidnap someone? For what reason was this chair devoid from tables or other chairs ... he had too many questions, but would wait for Mari to explain herself and the situation. "Well ... nice to meet you. The name's Macradon, Grandmaster Blacksmith on the first floor." he said and reached out the hand to the girl to shake her hand if she were willing to.

@Mari @Minako

Jomei smiled bashfully at Shion's comments about being impressed by Jomei's apparent skill and status. He usually surrounded himself with so many frontliners, that it made it feel like the norm to him. This, however, was a nice change of pace. His demeanor swapped from appreciative to a bit confused with Shion's following comment about him not looking like one of the "run of the mill" frontliners. "I don't think I follow. What do you mean?" he asked, cocking a curious eyebrow. Just as he asked, however, as if on cue,  Macradon..quite literally.. kicked in the missing door. Sound effects emitting from his mouth and all. Jomei felt a bead of sweat slowly run down from his temple. "Nevermind.. don't answer that.."  

Shion continued after Mac's entrance, confirming that she meant no ill intent. Jomei nodded and smiled, "Its fine, I didn't take offense to it. Well.. Calrex uses some pretty flashy armor, and always makes sure to put himself out there to help others with quests. Baldur I suppose also has that look to him, with his katana and samurai-esqe being. I, on the other hand, don't really have a flashy armor or weapon that makes me stick out from the other frontliners. Though.. others have said I have leadership qualities that they envy, and a level head to lead the raid party into battle." It may have been the first time in awhile he spoke kindly of himself serving as the leader of the frontliners in the last boss fight.. even though he only spoke about what others said. 

After another short moment, Shion questioned why her friend said it was the season to speak with others. The ginger let out a small chuckle,
"You mean Valentine's Day? Well, its known as the season of love.. Usually love for a significant other, but can also be platonic love for friends and family." he looked at the hearts Shion pointed too and smiled softly, recalling last years festivities where he and Telrenya danced the night away, were voted Aincrad's favorite couple, and even took a trip down memory lane with the oh-so-cheesy Tunnel of Love that popped up for a few days. 

Jomei looked over at the plates of food Shion motioned Jomei towards, "Yeah. I could go for some food." 

@Azhoda

Minako shrunk a bit in her chair as Mari almost scolded her for wanting her problems to be solved by some handsome man coming in to sweep her off her feet. But, She meant well, calling her beautiful and what not. But, finding a cute boyfriend was all she really wanted. At least, that's what she thought. But if that was the case, why was she also fighting and trying to be better? Her lips curled into a thoughtful position as she bit her lower lip. And as she was about to ask a question to Mari they were interrupted.

An older gentleman approached, and Minako almost physically back backed away as he grabbed a chair and took it without asking. He immediately started talking and Minako already disliked the man. He ended up spouting some old world self help bull, along with trying to force his ideals about cursing upon the two women. Before Minako could gather her words, Mari had gotten up from her seat and for a split second Minako thought that Mari would leave. But instead she handed her the platter of food asking her to hold it. "Oh, sure." Minako said, curious as to what Mari was doing next. Minako's fasce entered a blank expression as the chair scooted, awfully loudly, across the floor.

Mari hadn't taken the platter back, so Minako held onto it. She nearly dropped it as Macradon made his entrance. That was what he was like outside of his shop? Minako had met the man in a business sense a little while ago to get armor and a weapon made. But this behavior. It was kind of funny, even the old meme. Minako snickered a bit as she brought attention back to the table. Minako cleared her throat before she spoke. "I'm sorry Mister Commando." Minako held back a snicker from the man's name, thinking that he wasn't wearing any underwear. "But respectively, I would like to say whatever the [censored] I want." She said giving a nod.

And with that she turned her attention to Mari and Macradon. Minako panicede slightly as she quickly tossed the tray onto the table, spilling some of the food as well, as she took Macradon's hand. "I'm Minako. We've met before in your shop once. But I would be surprised if you remembered me." Minako said. "I got the Dinkster reference. Very funny." Minako said, smiling.

@Mari @Macradon @Commando

Hyde had no reason to accept the invite, other than to make new friends. Still, making new friends was always fun, so why not try? He grabbed his favorite book, opened his menu and changed into a fancy outfit before walking out of the inn and making his way to the teleporter.

It wasn’t long before he found the place. It was elegant, and the people were all in their fancy clothes. He knew it was gonna be intense but everyone here looked important, like big business people meeting at a mansion party to talk about money and caviar and other lame stuff. Still, maybe they wouldn’t be insufferable.

His feet felt weird in the shiny black oxfords, but they still pushed him towards the rest of the people there. He would find the quietest spot, sit down on the ground and open his book. The story of beowulf was the story stealing his attention this evening, mixed with all the people he would watch between pages.

Spoiler

0159D545-3565-49F9-B4C1-098820C912FC.thumb.jpeg.39f1ecaefddf6ce11456eb0a02e31948.jpeg

Vigilon caught his breath in his throat as Krysta approached him. He knew she always looked beautiful in a dress, and yet every time she appeared in a new dress, she was looking even lovelier than before...was it just him, or was Krysta managing to make/get better dresses that compliment her appearance every time? He couldn't tell at this point. "Whoa...Jewel, you look beautiful...amazing, really! I...you just keep looking more and more beautiful each time I see you appear in a dress, and I...I can't exactly comprehend what's going on in my head, to be honest..." 

About half a minute after he said that, two instances of chaos occurred. First was the sound of a chair being dragged across the floor, to which he would notice an orange player pushing a chair with a young female green player on it...away from a large male player. This was an odd scene, but it was enough for Vigilon to make a guess...that he would choose not to say. Not only that, someone went and made a really stupid entrance. It was so purposefully stupid, that Vigilon himself wouldn't have even dared to try. He didn't know whether or not he should consider chatting with "The Dinkster", that's for sure.

Veriost was making all kinds of noise to those who were grabbing all the strawberries, as she wanted as much of the white chocolate as was possible for her to consume, and she couldn't do it without the strawberries, as Vigilon's training refrained her from just straight up eating the chocolate from the fountain. She would grab an empty platter, move it from one position to another, and use the empty platter to make herself a "hoard" of strawberries that she'd use to dip in the white chocolate. She would growl at anyone who dared to bring a hand close to her strawberry hoard.

@Mari

Five minutes after the "Dinkster" incident, another player would arrive at the event. "There have to be some single men here....there just have to be!" She told herself. She had tried time and time again, but it seemed that she couldn't get herself a man, for all it was worth, someway, somehow. She had asked her guild's leader for some time off so that she could enter the event, and she to her surprise she was able to, on the condition that she didn't unintentionally make a bad name for the guild...thus she wouldn't mention it for the duration of this party. At first glance, everyone seemed busy. "You can do it this time, Suzanne," She muttered to herself. "You can find a young man who will be with you..." Boy, was this a crash course for craziness waiting to happen...

Ten minutes after the "Dinkster" incident, yet another player would arrive. "I do wonder what it is that they do in events like this...I wonder what I could learn from it..." She thought aloud. She was always the one who planned, thought, strategized, and more, while her allies were out there fighting like brutes and doing who knows what. "Would I see fools, or great ones with minds to almost rival my own?" She had to admit, she truly was curious as to what sorts of players awaited in this event. It had been far too long since she'd been in a social event outside of her guild...

NPC Player appearances:

Spoiler

XOXXie(the first one):

Spoiler

Faceclaim:

Spoiler

XOXXie.jpg.53f1ea22972f718431528f3a7031dab2.jpg

Dress:

Spoiler

1875811729_RGDI1.jpg.51851aafa15f1e4b87064c135f3f132b.jpg

The second NPC Player:

Spoiler

Faceclaim:

Spoiler

850145291_ScreenShot2020-02-14at4_46_19PM.png.d41913fe6e2c3046430d442af5bc57d1.png

Dress:

Spoiler

1059284219_IBDI1.jpg.97d2ad6a805823bb3777fd9127fd284a.jpg