[F6-SP] Crashing Wave under Flowing Water (Gemini)

After receiving a couple of potions from Simmone and seeing her hand off potions to others she waits on Simmone to vanish into the forest. Kasumi sits on a nearby rock with the remainder of the group. Kasumi watches as her guild members vanish into the tree lines, and reappear a while later handing off Raidou's gauntlet to the next member, she watches as Setsuna disappears into the trees. Kasumi stares into the trees waiting for her time to come, eager to prove herself like the rest.

After a while of waiting Gaius walks out from the trees looking a bit damp and tired. Gaius walks to Kasumi and hands her the Swordsman’s Bracer and the Cat’s Gaze trinket. “Stand strong” he says before walking away to nurse some issue with his stomach. Kasumi puts the 2 items on and drinks one of the Immolation potions before walking into the tree lines herself. 

Kasumi Receives Swordsman’s Bracer [Heavy] +27 Mitigation from Gaius
Kasumi Receives the Cat’s Gaze [Trinket] +3 Accuracy from Gaius
Kasumi Equips Swordsman’s Bracer [Heavy] +27 Mitigation
Kasumi Equips the Cat’s Gaze [Trinket] +3 Accuracy
Kasumi receives 2*Immolation potions from Simmone
Kasumi consumes an Immolation potion

Spoiler

Kasumi, The Blossom:

Weapon: Master White Hand Wraps (T1/Perfect) +3 Damage

Armor: Swordsman’s Bracer [Heavy] +27 Mitigation

Misc: Cat’s Gaze [Trinket] +3 Accuracy

Battle Ready:

Orange Hairband: +3 Loot Dice

HP: 100/100

EN: 10/10

Damage: 9

Mitigation: 27

Accuracy: +3

Immolation: 10 Unmitigated Damage Vs. Aggressors on Non Critical Attacks

Martial Arts Rank 2

Edited by Kasumi

Kasumi starts to walk through the tree’s staring at the Bracer that doesn’t quite match her wardrobe. “I don’t know what you intend me to do here Raidou but I will not question your intentions cousin.” She stops and opens her quest log to check information on it. Reading each word carefully not wanting to screw her first assignment up, she looks a bit confused. Kasumi opens her map bigger,  it shows nothing but a large green circle around the location. “This might take longer than I thought,” said with a sigh as she closes the large map and looks around at the surrounding before her. With a bit of frustration, she starts walking forward deeper into the forest. Leaves begin to fall from the trees above her and as she looks up she sees a small amount of light breaking through. She smiles at the view saying “This might not be so bad” as she continues walking.

As Kasumi walks deeper into the forest she begins to notice that the ground beneath her turns into mud rather than solid dirt. “Hmm” she looks at the dampened ground but continues to walk as her feet become muddy at every step. Finding it a bit hard to walk through she takes to the trees. She climbs the nearest tree and wipes her shoes off, clearing the mud from them. From there on she tries hopping from tree to tree staying off the ground. Kasumi stops in a tree after hopping tree to tree and realizes that the next tree was a larger distance away than the others where. She scans around a little before seeing a boulder in the ground below her followed by a tree a couple of feet from it. “Maybe I can jump off the rock into that tree,” she thinks out loud. She attempts the jump from boulder to the tree.

Kasumi jumps from the tree she was perched on toward this boulder. She never put two and two together that the ground was muddy, that the boulder might have been damp as well. Kasumi’s foot lands on the boulder instantly losing her footing. She realized at this same moment that the rock was wet as she slid across the rock, falling butt first into the puddle of mud on the other side. Sitting in the mud now she says “So much for staying out of this mud” as she gets to her feet. She looks at herself and her eyes come across the Bracer “OH NO” she says as she tries wiping the muck from the Bracer. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” she says quickly trying to make it clean again. Kasumi frowns as she realized her white Gii was now brown. Tears begin to build up in her eyes.

NO, I WON’T…I have to be strong for Raidou so that he can believe I can do this.” Kasumi wipes her eyes with her arm causing a small mod spot across her face. Looking back down at her Gii she accepts that nothing can be done about it now so closes her eyes and takes a long deep breath then out with the intention to calm herself. As she does this she feels a faint breeze against her skin. Opening her eyes she sees the trees around her begin to move with the wind. The leaves falling from the trees were now flying past her to the ground behind her. She looks up and instead of the sun breaking through the trees she sees grey clouds forming above her. With a small sigh, she begins walking deeper into the forest. Kasumi’s feet splashing in the mud beneath her and the clouds cause the forest around her to darken.

“I will do this for you..” The blossom repeats these words under her breath as her eyes dart in every direction looking for some kind of clue to where she was supposed to be heading. A flash of lightning fills the sky, followed by a crash of thunder rumbling causing Kasumi to just a bit. Kasumi looks back to the sky as the clouds begin to blacken now. “It looks like the storm from before is coming once again. I wonder if this means I am getting closer to my destination. I won’t know unless I keep going though.” A quick glance to Raidou’s Bracer as it shines against the lightning. A small smile forms on her face as she looks back in the direction she was walking. With an exhale she continues to walk through the muddy terrain speaking the same words on repeat determined to get through this and back to the others.  

The fog begins to form from above her. Kasumi gets a bit nervous as thunder and lightning clash together in unison. “No fear..” she remembers Gaius saying to her before she walked into the trees echoing the phrase in her voice. The thick white mist at a second glance seems to be falling slowly around her. Eyes darting in all directions again, she starts running with the intentions to beat the fog to whatever location she was meant to be in for she didn’t want to get blindsided by whatever was out there. Jumping over large branches from trees and large rocks that seem to be in her trail being careful not to slip again, she finds the strength to keep going regardless of the situation. Those same words keep replaying in her mind as they seem to help her move forward. Her breathing gets heavier as she is running through the forest with mud splashing at every step.

Thunder and lighting continue, seeming to clash and match every jump she makes. Kasumi decides to pay no mind to the brewing storm above her and keeps running. Under each skip of her heavy breathing, she says “I will prove...that I am...strong enough…” Rain begins to fall as she runs. Still running, Kasumi puts her arm with the Bracer out in front of her causing the rain to clear the mud off, making the water drops reflect and shine off. Once the Bracer is cleared off she pulls the ribbon from her hair and gets her hair out of her face before tying it back up. “I will prove... I belong here...With you Raidou” she says under each skip of her hard breathing. Feeling the texture under her feet chance she slides to a halt. She looks above her to see the mist closing in faster than she had hoped. 

Catching her breath, Kasumi looks to the ground seeing concrete beneath her. Lighting flashes causing her eyes to blur a bit. She rubs her eyes and begins to look around. Kasumi finds herself surrounded by a broken-down wall and 5 broken pillars. She walks to the broken pillars and slides her hand across the ridged edges where they broke from their other half. Seeing the pieces of small stone shards sitting next to the pillars she decides to look around just a bit more. She sees 2 more pillars but they seem to be untouched. Walking up to one of the untouched pillars she runs her hand across the side of it. At this moment the fog drops the rest of the way, surrounding her in all directions. Kasumi grips the pillar with one hand as she watches this mist form around her. “I can’t see anything,” she says in a small voice, trying to look around through the fog.

As the fog surrounds her the thunder clashes even louder than before. The lightning flashes faster than before, blinding her vision more than she would like. “I can’t work like…” she starts the saying as the rain starts pouring down now. She rubs her eyes and wipes her face, trying to move what little hair fell from her ribbon. The wind starts to pick up, blowing her hair around that she just moving from her face. “FINE” Kasumi screams out as she walks to what looks like the middle of this concrete floor and she sits. She positions herself in almost a meditation position on the ground. Rain drips down her face as the storm seems to be at its worst. Kasumi stares into the only thickening fog hoping this is where she needed to be for. Through this fog, she begins to see a humanoid silhouette that seems to be getting closer.

Kasumi gets to her feet in a panic as this shadow through the fog gets closer by the second. She wipes her eyes and moves her hair from her face before squinting a bit through the fog to make sure she wasn’t just seeing things. After a moment of watching this thing get closer, she now knows whatever this was, whoever this was, they were real. Thunder continues to clash in the darkened clouds above her and vision continues to elude her due to the rain and fog against her. “WHO’S there!” she screams out through to the distance, over the storm that is only seeming to get worse.

The figure finally appears through the fog, standing in front of Kasumi now. “Well hello. For who we are, we are us of course.” Kasumi stands there looking at this figure that looks exactly like her but for different color eyes and Black Gii on instead of white.

1539170212_KasumiShadow.png.0c2d95dabf4a51512a732a39bbff5cb3.png

“Look at us, a hand that strikes not in reticence. The blood gracing the end of our knuckles is something we can not do can we?” The darkened silhouette goads and taunts with a twisted tongue. Kasumi is taken back by the response piercing the shadowed sky lit by the occasional bursts of electricity scattering across its surface like static. “We cannot do what our cousin wants us to can we? It’s just not something we can accomplish.” Kasumi lay silent as this reflection speaks in harsh honesty with no words to deny the statement. Trying to convince herself of the opposite, Kasumi’s mind burns with a reverberating decree, like an anthem in a large hall of the same phase.

I have to, Raidou was clear…

Clenching her fist, fighting her inactivity as the gleaming now dirt clean plates encase her left arm as a quiet show of Raidou standing at her side.

Shifting her feet remaining wisely silent while the beast continues to goad and bark against the thunderous claps of the elements around her. Entering a stance and bracing for combat as she affirms herself finding a center taking advantage of the villianistic monologue spewing from the sinister shade. “We trust too easy in everything that crosses our path, and time and time again we’ve been scorned by those we thought our friends.” attempting its best to break her resolve by proving that it was in her head.
A soft exhale as Kasumi’s hands’ wave in front of her face, drawing them around like some sort of interpretive dance to most. The cadence of drawn circles as her feet shift into anchors, calming her nerves and gaining serenity. Kasumi’s appendages halt in a locked section, her left taking dominance mirroring her left shoulder in height her eyes darting to meet the creatures with firmed feet.

Moving in for the kill, knowing her but not her current state hoping to see a break within the girl gives a final push. “But the red we have drawn stains our hands, we broke under the pressure time and time again. We will fail our dear cousin and master with our consistent breaking of the oath we made.” Kasumi takes a deep breath, the honesty playing through her ears scratching at the forefront of her eyes threatening to shake her resolve. 

"You chose to follow my path it will be one of blood, of war and fire, I cannot have you second-guessing anything I purvey in the heat of battle."

Slamming her palms together pressed at the wrists into the illusion it finds the rock hard in subtle resistance, however it seems that the combat doesn’t allow her the first strike but does manage to build distance between them. “Raidou, I absolve my self created oath for yours...with this strike a new oath has been formed. Brace yourself beast, and fear the coming waves.”
Returning her hands to neutral the shadow shrieks and lunges in an attack.

Kasumi leaps and slams hard into her clone, exchanging blows in rapid flurries of punches in a pale reflection under low light. They exchange damage as each nail each other, the shade however connects with Raidou's gauntlet and retracts a throbbing fist. Kasumi exploits the opening and vanishes in a shower of petals before dropping a hefty balm to the shadows back with a crack and flash of pink light. The shadow takes a couple slow paces forward, having been winded by the strike to its back as its HP plummets.

Then with a piercing glare back to Kasumi, the dark image hisses like a serpent before vanishing in a small flourish of purple pedals. Kasumi looks around, scanning for the aggressor that slipped just out of sight into the surrounding storm. Every few seconds Kasumi catches a glimpse of the monster under a flash of energy emanated from the sky before it seems to vanish again.

ID# 135910 results:

Battle: 5+3 Hit (9*4=36-8=24 Damage)

MOB: 2+4 Hit (Disguise Activated)

Kasumi: 99/100 HP, 6/10 EN, Damage: 9, Mitigation: 27, Accuracy: +3, Immolation: 10 Unmiti vs. Attacker (Non-Critical)

Gemini: 16/50 HP, Damage: 25 [BD(9-10): 30-35], Mitigation: 8, Accuracy: +3, Paralyze 1 (9-10)

Edited by Kasumi

A comprised flash of lightning shooting across the sky under chilling rain, Kasumi and her clone circling each other like wolves in rapid footfalls. Then the sound of the static reaches their ears coupled with a slam of two fists together in a glow of red and pink from the cardinal showing the activation of the arts in a trail of light drawn like two lines through the conditions. Each combatant is forced away from the point of impact, the sheer volume of energy released from the connected blows doing so.
The shadow feels the damage, its mitigation taking the brunt of the damage, Kasumi's the same before the effects of paralyzing effect kick in to rob her of movement.
Gritting her teeth, fighting against the ailment in attempts to keep moving and prove her worth she cannot get her joints to move in response to the order's she sends them.

ID# 135911 results:

Battle: 10 Major Critical!

MOB: 10 Major Critical! Paralyze Activated (35-27=8)

Kasumi: 91/100 HP, 6/10 EN, Damage: 9, Mitigation: 27, Accuracy: +3, Immolation: 10 Unmiti vs. Attacker (Non-Critical) [Paralyzed]

Gemini: 13/50 HP, Damage: 25 [BD(9-10): 30-35], Mitigation: 8, Accuracy: +3, Paralyze 1 (9-10)

Edited by Kasumi

"Look at that, it appears that I have you...It appears that I will become myself." The creature spits with a darkened shadow claiming the upper half of its face, cracking its knuckles in a purvey of its intention as it winds back with a dark red glare encapsulating its fist. With a puff of dust as it lunges forward, it connects a hefty punch into Kasumi's stomach reapplying the paralyze and winding her. Kasumi coughs and thoughts dart to the possibility of her losing and dying here, she pushes herself to the limit trying to remain standing despite the overwhelming status trying to rob her of the ability.

ID# 136016 results:

Battle: 6+3, Paralyzed!

MOB: 9 Minor Critical (30-27=3)

Kasumi: 88/100 HP, 7/10 EN, Damage: 9, Mitigation: 27, Accuracy: +3, Immolation: 10 Unmiti vs. Attacker (Non-Critical) [Paralyzed]

Gemini: 13/50 HP, Damage: 25 [BD(9-10): 30-35], Mitigation: 8, Accuracy: +3, Paralyze 1 (9-10)

Edited by Kasumi

The creature keeps up the exercise of force, a dark trail of red of a few blows in hyper aggression as it assails its paralyzed target. Kasumi stands strong taking each blow, each strike in the beating under the storm. A fist to the cheek, a jab to the side a kick the shade starts to become furious at the fact Kasumi won't fall or kneel "Just give up! accept your fate and let me become the only..." a shout to the crack of thunder. Kasumi's resolve stands strong under the beating rain and flying fists, in silence she presses through.

BD:9 Paralyzed!

MD:10+3 Major Critical! Paralyze Activated! (35-27=8)

Kasumi: 80/100 HP, 7/10 EN, Damage: 9, Mitigation: 27, Accuracy: +3, Immolation: 10 Unmiti vs. Attacker (Non-Critical) [Paralyzed]

Edited by Kasumi

Continuing its wailing on Kasumi while she stands incapacitated, exploiting the opening in fury. Kasumi however remains on her feet, holding strong and manages to convince her frame to turn slightly during one of the incoming blows. The creature connects with the swordsman's bracer, clashing hard before immolation kicks in upon the impact of a strike. Flames dance from the strike up the creatures arm robbing her of some of its health. Beginning to regain some of her movement, having created a moment and halting the onslaught of attacks from the shadow. The gambit pays off as she reclaims her movement...

BD:7+3 Paralyzed!   

MD:6+3 Hit! (25-27=1)

Kasumi: 79/100 HP, 8/10 EN, Damage: 9, Mitigation: 27, Accuracy: +3, Immolation: 10 Unmiti vs. Attacker (Non-Critical)

Gemini: 3/50 HP, Damage: 25 [BD(9-10): 30-35], Mitigation: 8, Accuracy: +3, Paralyze 1 (9-10)

Edited by Kasumi

Having reclaimed her mobility, and created her own leverage through a gamble forcing her clone to strike the glove attached to her left arm. Taken back by the damage it sustains from the activation of the potion Kasumi drank prior, it is running out of options. Shifting her feet and re-positioning her arms in a display of spinning waves causing her wet rope like hair to dance around her. With a sudden halt, the circles stop dead in a neutral position. Kasumi says a single word under the pouring rain.

"Come..."

Taking to a defensive position, Kasumi awaits the creatures inevitable attack. Which the monster gladly obliges in desperation, trailing an ark of red energy as the cardinal tears it forward. Kasumi shifts and pulls the creature to the ground in a clash of force, winding it and incapacitating it. Quickly retracting a fist and winding back with pink energy, her foot pressed on the shades chest to keep it down while she locks its arm with her left.

"Do it!"

"No, with those words you know you have lost. And after all you are me, just the part I could not accept until now." a quick glance to Raidou's glove "But that changes today, I accept you fully as my flaws become clear and I aim to change them." The words cause silence, before the shadow looks to her with earnest eyes "Its about time..." complimented with a flash of blue light as it vanishes in the darkness.

The strength of the heart required to face oneself has been made to manifest
Kasumi has faced her other self
She has obtained the resolve to overcome life’s hardships

BD: 9+3 Minor Critical

MD: 4+3 Hit

Kasumi: 78/100 HP, 8/10 EN, Damage: 9, Mitigation: 27, Accuracy: +3, Immolation: 10 Unmiti vs. Attacker (Non-Critical)

Gemini: 1/50 HP, Damage: 25 [BD(9-10): 30-35], Mitigation: 8, Accuracy: +3, Paralyze 1 (9-10) [Spared!]

Edited by Kasumi