I won't stand idle any longer(First Lessons Quest)[PP]

It’s been years since it began. Even still the events of her first day in Sword Art Online, the virtual prison, were clear in her mind. The terror of being trapped in such a dangerous game with your first death being your only death. She had no idea how to play a game like this, she merely wanted to experience a game in virtual reality. She had feared that her inexperience with these systems would get her killed on the first floor, so she refrained from stepping out of the Town of Beginnings. There the invisible barrier protected them from mobs. 

She had hoped the game would be finished easily. A lot of great MMO players had to have joined the frontlines and it wouldn’t take them long to cut through the floor. Yet more and more people die with every passing day. No more. She won’t stand idle any longer. The young girl passed through the Town of Beginnings to find the beginner's quest she had in her log since the first day. It was time to get started and shape her own future.

"Holy sh-- crap--" Solei sputtered as he felt two children tug at his arms. How Hydravion manages to keep these two in line when she goes out was beyond him. He had never taken the kids out before, but ever since all of the caretakers at the orphanage have been going MIA, he decided he was going to have to replace Hydravion. . . for now, anyway. 

"Er, why don't you two slow down just a bit. . ! We're in no hurry!" He exclaimed, trying to reclaim control back in his limbs. 

"But it's been forever since we've gone out!" Eito exclaimed, stopping abruptly, which nearly sent Solei flying into the ground. 

The man dizzily sighed and blinked. "I guess it has been a while, huh," he mumbled, tiredly exhaling. He's been too preoccupied with trying to do both quests and taking care of kids. . . maybe he should just take a break from levelling up for a bit. . . at least until he was able to get more help back at the church. God, he needed help. He rubbed his forehead. "Do you two even know where you're going?" He asked, a small smile blooming on his face as he looked down at the two literal kids.

The girl had her face stuffed into her menu so much as she strolled through the streets, that she hadn't even seen the two children practically dragging someone else through the street at a rapid pace. Both parties preoccupied with their own devices, disaster was bound to strike sooner or later. That being the four off them colliding into each other. Yuki wobbled back and forth momentarily as the menu disappeared in front of her. One of the children fell to his backside.

"Oof! Oi, gomen gomen! I was deep in thought and didn't see you guys passing by!" Her thin but armored hand reached out to the young one, an offer to help him back to his feet. "Please forgive my carelessness. I've never done one of these quests and I just wanted to make sure I understood all of the requirements..."

Once the boy was back on his feet she leaned into an apologetic bow, "My name is Yuki, yoroshiku onegaishimasu."

@Solei

Edited by Zajcica
  • 2 weeks later...

Solei barely registered Eito falling to his buttox before an unfamiliar player introduced herself. "Oh, it's quite alright. I suppose I should've been watching our surroundings more," he chuckled. 

"Nice to meet you, I'm Solei," he beamed, before gesturing to the two kids beside him. "This little guy is Eito and this is Emi," he said before ruffling both of their heads.

"What quest are you doing?" He asked curiously, tilting his head. There weren't many quests on Floor One an experienced player should be doing, so he would just assume it was possibly one of the lessons quest. . . man, he wished he could finish those. Apparently they give off a lot more experience than he thought. . . well, it was too late to change his build now.

The bluentte sniffed. "Do you want help with whatever you're doing?" He asked. "I-I know I don't look like much but I can heal. . ! At least a bit, I'm not sure how much HP you have," he murmured. 

Yuki raised her head back up when the man asked if she would like some help with her quest. It was pretty obvious that she was a new player, hunh? Questing on the first floor wouldn’t be something you saw from higher level players

”Nice to meet you Solei! I wouldn’t want you bother yourself since you have some children with you.” She chuckled a bit awkwardly, “Although, I am only doing the First Lessons quest and Im pretty sure that one doesn’t involve any combat. So if you want to come a long I wouldn’t stop you. A healer would be super helpful with combat if I were to run into enemies for sure.”

She looked at the quest description again before making any assumptions but she was pretty sure that it didn’t involve participating in any combat, but she thinks the second lesson will require it.

”Would Emi and Eito be alright to leave the safe zone? From the way you sounded, you didn’t seem to mind if they did. I would be pretty upset if I caused them to get hurt because we all got dragged into a combat situation.”

@Solei

Solei pursed his lips. Perhaps it wasn't a good idea for him to bring the kids. "Probably not," he sighed, ruggling the two of their heads again before he let out a small laugh. "I have no combat capability, I don't trust myself to keep them safe just yet."

He knelt down in front of Eito and Emi and clasped his hands in front of him. "I'm going to need you two to head back to the church, alright? I'm sure Hydravion will have something whipped up, just for you two, okay?" He asked, giving the two children a closed eyed smile. "Keep an eye on Eito, Emi," he chuckled, pushing himself up.

"H-hey! Wait a minute, shouldn't I be protecting her--"

"Oh, be quiet, Eito, you heard him!" 

The bluenette offered the kids a parting wave as they disappeared behind a corner, their bickering still bouncing off of the walls. They'll be fine. Caretakers and helpers of the orphanage were everywhere around this town. He looked back at Yuki and grinned sheepishly. "So, should we start heading out now?"