[F4 - PP] Entangled in frost <<Dragon Hunter Anthology - Dragon Hunt 4: the Diamond Hatchling>>

Spoiler

<<Dragon Hunter Anthology - Dragon Hunt 4: the Diamond Hatchling>>

This quest takes place on Floor 4.
This quest can be repeated for no additional rewards.

You must defeat “Ghidorah the Opal Hatchling” before attempting this quest.

=----=

After the defeat of the elven dragon, the next dragon was spotted… and what else, you received a message from the Information Broker about its location, it was said that once it was found the player that had found it immediately was frozen in place when trying to take it down themselves… poor guy.

=---=

=-=

asaYsfERc-UrR9oVkpXfBkc6qEOo82hcDrEr06ou

Icefyre - the Diamond Hatchling

HP: 250 - MIT: 50 - ACC: 2 - EVA: 1 - DMG: 75

Abilities:

<<Tiny Ice Breath>> : On a roll of 9 - 10 (naturally), this boss will breath ice on your character and immediately be frozen in place for a turn removing your evasion properties.

=---=

Recommended Level: 25

Post Limit: 1 Page (20+)

=---=

Rewards:

2 SP - 700 Col (Split between each player)

<Icefyre’s Diamond> [Vanity Quest Item] : 1 of 9, collect all 9 and meet whom that waits before you, only then will you get the grand prize.

It hadn’t been long since they last saw each other, only … about 2 days has passed since they took down that evil cult with their dragon, and now they were going up to the next. The location as well as the description would pin it to the fourth floor, a cold floor. With that in mind, Macradon began writing a message to Mari.

Hey, it’s me.

I’ve got some free time to take on the Dragon Quest Line again. The next dragon is on the fourth floor, so if you have any, wear warm clothes, as it might be uncomfortable in the snowy fields. I’ll be at the main settlement in about an hour or so.

- Macradon.

He would send the message and proceed to think over what to wear. His armor would be standard, plate over plate, ice cold to mimic the weather. An additional piece of plate armor over his chest, a special drop from an Event Boss … that would probably be helpful in this fight if Macradon would fail to get his Alpha Strike in. With the equipment set, Macradon began to venture to the fourth floor. 

@Mari

Stats

Spoiler

Macradon - Lvl 86
1765 HP
187 Energy
1 Accuracy
0 Evasion
19 Base Damage
 (31 w/ Holy)
- (1 Base +7 Skill +1 Athletics +9 Familiar +1 Ferocity)
116 Mitigation 
- (35 Skill + 72 Armor + 9 Armor)

Items
Blade of the Dictator ............ // +12 Holy Damage, Phase
Silverlight ...................... // +72 Mitigation, 36 Frost Thorn(21 on a Crit), 6 Freeze damage(2 turns)
Glacial Hide ..................... // +18 Mitigation, Neverfreeze

Belphegor - Familiar ............. // +9 Damage

Battle Ready Inventory
Templar's Necklace ............... // +6 Recovery, +1 Accuracy
Empty inventory slot ............. //

Buffs
Rested ........................... // -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat.
Filling .......................... // Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed .......................... // Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Deposit ...................... // +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col
from treasure chests.

Skills
Two Handed Straight Sword  | Rank 5: +7 Damage
Heavy Armor                | Rank 5: +35 Damage Mitigation
Searching                  | Rank 5: +5 LD. +5 Stealth Detection
Battle Healing             | Rank 5: Heal 5%(88) HP each post In-Battle
Fighting Spirit            | +1 Hate generation
Gatherer                   | Obtain additional materials after a successful out of combat gathering based on a natural CD result.
Hiding                   | Rank 5: +5 Stealth roll
Extended Mod Limit       | Rank 2: +3 Mod Slots
Parry                    | Reduce incoming damage by 50%(rounded down)
Energist                 | Add 5xTier(15) Energy to your max pool
Charge                   | Rank 5: +5 on Initial hit

Disguise                   | +1 to your BD and +1 to your opponent’s BD
Survival                   | Heal 45 HP when out of battle
Familiar Mastery: Fighter  | Rank 3: +9(Tier x Rank) Damage
Meditation                 | Recover 3xTier(15) energy with post action. Recover 2xTier(10) energy if you are hit before your next round

Skill Mods
Precision                  | +1 Accuracy
Athletics                  | +1 Damage, +45 Health
Ferocity                   | Increases Base Damage by 1
Finesse                    | Rank 3: Decreases Energy Cost of attacks by 3
Reveal                     | +2 LD when searching for dungeons and labyrinths. You may also search for a sub-dungeon or labyrinth once every 15 posts (instead of 20)
Surprise Attack          | Cannot miss from stealth. +1xTier(3) base damage on first attack
Vengeful Riposte         | Return 50% of damage(mitigatable) to target
Justified Riposte        | Stun attacker for 1 turn
Vanish                   | In combat post action to stealth. Free action in combat to stealth if mob has been slain

Tracking                   | Allows the user to track a previously-encountered monster, NPC, or other player. Negates all bonuses to the target’s Stealth Rating. After tracking, your first attack against the tracked creature cannot miss. Cannot be used in combat

Mari was waiting just outside the main settlement. She hadn't exactly dressed warmly, but she did have her long scarf, albeit a little torn. Mari was used to the chill that the floor bought. MaidMama_30m_sketch_3.pngShe spent most of her free time here, and now her home was on the floor. If she needed, she had a warm, thick white coat she could throw on, but she preferred to move without it.  Mari caught sight of Macradon as he was leaving the main settlement. She waved him over.  "Hiii Mac~"

"I've kinnda been busy." Mari said with a grin.  "Check it out! Level 53 now!" She gave him a nudge with her elbow. "Give me another few days and I'll be level 60 - just you watch."  Mari gestured to Kohaku, her Koi fish familiar. "Oh, and this is Kohaku. After today - I'll be training him to deal damage. I thought about what you said, and decided I wanted to stay with my dagger. But I wanted to increase my damage output sooo - yeh." 

Mari blinked, almost forgetting - "Oh! I uh..." She scratched her cheek as she kicked at the ground. "I uhm...kinda got a house too. I could only get the one room and don't have the Col to expand...so I don't even have a bedroom yet, hahah...but Baldur kinda convinced me to get it - oh I met him too." Mari said with a sheepish grin. It had only been two days but she had been through so very much. It felt like she hadn't stopped. "My house is on this floor actually, that's how I made it here so quick."  Mari left out the part where she still hadn't slept in her house just yet. "So, What kind of dragon are we fighting today? How have you been?"

It seemed like the one other thing Mari forgot to mention was the change in her appearance, her attire was no longer limited to a single black v-neck shirt and jean shorts. Instead she wore an orange outfit with black shorts, boots - and red rope around her forearms. It felt...more fitting for someone who would be returning to the frontlines. She couldn't exactly go there in her pj's or something, right?

RIght?

Note to self; ask Macradon if it would be possible to fight on the frontlines in PJs.

@Macradon

General
Level: 53 | HP: 1090  |Energy: 106

STATS

DAM: 11 | EVA 3  | MIT 43 | ACC 4 | 

SKILLS
Rank 5 Weapon (+5 DMG)
-Weapon Mod: Precision (+1 ACC)
Rank 5 Charge (+5 Damage -1 ACC)
Charge Mod BULL RUSH: Successful charge stuns target 1 turn
Rank 5 Light Armor (+25 MIT)
SURVIVAL

EQUIPPED
Name: 
Kusanagi | Item Type: Dagger | Tier 2
Enhancements: 
Bleed 2 | Damage 2
'Bleed Damage of 24 for 2 turns on a roll of 8-10'

Name: Beacon Necklace | Item Type: Pendant | Tier 2
Enhancements
  +3 ACC 

Name: 
Infernal Shadow | Item Type: Light Armour | Tier 3
Enhancements: 
 +2 Eva | +1 Flame Aura
'Effect: Prevent (6 per slot * Tier) damage per slot from successful attacks against you. Successful non-critical attacks against you deal (5 per slot * Tier) unmitigated burn damage to the attacking enemy.

Waving at his friend as he came walking out of the main settlement, Macradon would greet Macradon with a smile “Heyo!” he said and approached her. The winter wonderland could be harsh, but it didn’t seem like Mari would bother with protecting herself from the cold, up to her. “Doesn’t look warm … but up to you.” he said with a chortle. “Oh?” he questioned when listening to Mari’s lil' forwarming of her being busy “What? 3 levels in two days … that's a bit absurd don’t you say? I mean, sure, I’ve been powerleveling once as well … but this is just … a bit much, don't you think?” he asked and began pondering “Or is it just because I’m level so slow now that I don’t think about it anymore …”.

“Fish.” he thought as he looked at the familiar “I … I guess he can … do damage …” he said, somewhat dumbfounded of the choice of familiar, but who were he to question since he didn’t really choose his own familiar this time around. “Well, let’s do our best to make this fish become a shark in statue one day.” he said with a smile, ready to help Mari train that fish up.

So much new information was being thrown at him, first her three levels, now a familiar, then a house, and she’s met Baldur as well? So much was being said that Macradon was having a hard time trying to follow in the conversation. “Well I’m glad things are going great for you, it’s nice to hear some positive change happening for you.” he replied with a smile and began walking in a direction towards the snowy landscape.

Lifting his fingers up to his mouth, Macradon would whistle and wait for his hellhound to show itself again, Belphegor had been running around trying to see if he could sniff up anything, but it didn’t seem like he had had enough time to search, which was a shame. Looking back over at Mari he would nod “I’ve been doing great. I’ve been sketching designs for a school I want to start up at some point, I’ve had the idea for a while, but I’m not sure how well it will start up.” he said and continued his walk “And today’s first dragon is a snow or ice dragon, it seems to have som freezing capabilities, so I wore this today.” he said and bonked his silvery nearly ice like breastplate “It should help me against its frost.” he said.

@Mari

"Is it?" Mari asked as Macradon seemed to be quite shocked at how many levels she'd gained. Mari bought up her HUD, glancing over her stats. "Maybe? Honestly...I was hoping to get some more done, but It's a little harder to do quests at night time, ain't it?" She closed her menu and gave him a sheepish smile. "I really don't have anything else to do with my time, Mac. It's not like I can sit back and relax someplace warm. Well, not till earlier today anyway." Mari kicked at the snow as she exhaled, steam forming from her lips. She thought he'd be proud of her, but he seemed...startled? Maybe? Maybe it was too much. Maybe she shouldn't have agreed to come out today. 

Mari shifted her gaze away from Macradon. Ahh, maybe she had come on too hard, sure they were friends but perhaps she forgot her place? Got too chummy too soon.
"I'm used to this sort of weather. I spend my free time on this floor." Mari rubbed her arm, not out of being cold, but concern - so worried that she had already messed her friendship up with him. But she couldn't let those voices in her head get too far, else she'd walk away now. Mari cleared her throat, furrowing her brow. At least Baldur seemed to like the choice of familiar.

"Don't judge him, some fish can be quite dangerous! Haven't you ever seen the Bobbit Worm? The Oscar? Piranha?" 

Her brows loosened as she gave Macradon a smile, feeling a little more at ease as he joked. She had to remember to breathe, and that just because he was bewildered, it didn't mean he disliked her. "Thanks Mac - I was hoping to surprise you with the extra damage boost but I kinda  got distracted."  She mumbled as she glanced away, scratching her cheek. She had planned to level up Kohaku today, but instead - she had ran into Baldur - it...was a nice and much needed distraction but still.  

Mari cleared her throat as she quickly put Kohaku away.
"I guess you could say its positive." She said with reddened cheeks. 

Mari was thankful the subject shifted from her to him, as he started talking about sketches for a school. Between that, he had called for his three headed dog, a great big slobbering machine that thing was.As long as it didn't slobber on her, that was fine.
"What kind of school?" Mari asked, genuinely curious. The dragon can wait, tell me more about your school thing!"

@Macradon

He scratched the back of his head in response and replied “I … I guess it is.”. He sighed back at her response “I guess you’re right, you spend the time you have on what you’re capable of with the circumstances you are set up with.”. He nodded and kneeled down to grab a good handful of the snow to form a snowball with it “You could probably get used to the temperature if you traversed it on the daily, getting used to the cold and how it’s like, could work.” he said and stood back up as he slowly formed the snow sphere and packed it together so it was sturdy enough to be thrown without just collapsing on the wind resistance.

He shook his head “I never watched movies or series that weren't extremely comedic in nature … I think it was an escapist way of ignoring the world around me, probably why I am like I am.” he said and looked up towards the skies “But I’m glad I’m this up beat instead of boring and gloomy.” he said with a smile as he threw the snowball up into the air, trying to give it an angle that would land a bit further away from him. With a few quick steps, Macradon would try to catch the ball as it came down from his throw, but Belphegor was faster, and much more springier, launching up to chomp down on the cold ball of snow. “Eh -” Macradon would say as nothing else could escape his lips from his familiar stealing his snowball from him. He would chuckled and pet his cerberus a bit before looking back over at Mari.

“Oh, I’ve been thinking of starting up a fencing school. To help people get more used to their weapons so they don’t go out into the fields not really sure what to do and how to do it.” he said “It could even sharpen the frontlines even more, being able to spar in a safe space, honing their skills, helping others to get their skills, I want to see the frontlines littered with skillful people, able to handle the brunt force of being a frontliner with as many tools at their disposal as possible.” he added. The idea had been an idea for long, but never acted upon, perhaps because … he didn’t feel ready.

@Mari

"It doesn't snow where I come from." Mari said. "So it definitely took some time getting used to the cold." She said with a grin. "But I was enamored with it. I fell in love with it." She lifted her eyes to the horizon. "Maybe, when I get out of here - I'll go to a place that has actual snowfall."  She watched as he formed a snowball, and snorted as she tried to hold back a laugh. It reminded her of how she threatened to throw yellow snow at Baldur.   "I liked easygoing movies." Mari said. "Everything and everyone around me was all pressure, pressure, pressure. And I guess having a small child, you kinda get used to the bright colours an the like."  The conversation put Mari more and more at ease, and she began to feel a little silly for her earlier feeling of dread, thinking that they weren't friends. She had to learn to trust him better, and trust the voices in her head less.

She watched him play some form of catch with his three-headed dog. One of the heads caught the snowball and crunched it in its big maw, chewing the ice quite happily. The scene was nice, pleasant. "For the record, I have no problem with how you act. It's refreshing, really."  Mari said as she knelt down and started to pack together her own snowball, it made her feel a tad melonchony, reminding her of Christmas Eve, and how Alkor had told her he never really loved her, and whilst they would remain friends, she hadn't heard from him since. It hurt, but she knew he needed his distance, and he needed the time. Her snowball wasn't exactly round, it was more of a blob as she rolled it between her hands.

"A fencing school, huh?" Mari thought aloud. "So you'd need like a Master of each weapon type, and perhaps the martial arts one too?" She asked.  "If you want people frontline ready, classes in uhm...battle inventory and what things to enhance could also work - but that's not really just a fencing school anymore, is it?"

@Macradon

Macradon pondered back to what real life was again … the experiences he had had out there, what he had seen. “Snow falls regularly where I’m from, at least it used to. Sometimes it snows in December, other times it shows up in May just to laugh at us not getting a white Christmas.” he said with a laugh, it was fun to think about how the weather sometimes did not follow the seasons like it used to, like it was a bit out there sometimes, it was a weird thought.

He looked over at Mari after playing his abstract version of catch with Belphegor and smiled “I’m glad someone like my presence.” he said with a real big and genuine smile. It was nice being appreciated, it was nice not just being tolerated, it was nice feeling a part of the community. Listening to the questions Mari would have towards the school, Macradon nodded “If it could become a fully well rounded frontliner school, that would be great, but also out of my expertise to really be a headmaster of. I’d rather it be more about fencing, something that I’m more used to, something I’m more confident with.” he said and pondered.

“I’ve had multiple apprentices, and it has shown me that I like teaching what I know, but it also scarred me for what has happened to my apprentices … I would like for it to only go the good way, but that’s not always what’s gonna happen.” he said and looked down into the snow again “But yeah, I’d probably need someone that has an expertise in each weapon skill so they can teach as much as possible. If I had the chance to, I’d respec every skill I had into other weapon skills, just so I could teach everything, but greatsword and longsword is what I have to teach now, and I guess just basic timing and footwork will help a lot no matter the weapon type.” he said with a smile adorned on his face once again.

@Mari

Mari stood, abandoning the useless sludge pile in front of her. She pulled her scarf forward and dried her hands on it, wrapping them up to bring warmth back to them. "Mannnn, I live on a bloody desert of a continent - you're either on the shore, or in the desert - there ain't really an in-between. Luckily, where I am, it doesn't get too humid though. Just dry heat."

A White Christmas.

"To experience something like a White Christmas, I guess I got to do that here. So I could technically cross it off my bucket list, but I'd hope for one that was...nicer, emotionally I mean."  Mari wasn't going to go into detail on what happened, but it wasn't uncommon for people to not exactly have the best of time during the seasonal holidays in Aincrad

"Yeh... I have a short fuse, I have a lotta respect for teachers - gods know I wouldn't be able to handle a bunch of rude kids who refuse to listen."  Macradon talked about apprentices, Mari had...a couple herself, Lowenthal - and Esther - neither one had good endings. But now was not her time to mention that, now was his time to talk about his experiences and ideas. "You know...." Mari began as she walked over to him. "We can't control what other people do, and we can't constantly blame ourselves for the bad things that happen to others. The what ifs, the 'I could have done better' those thoughts?" Mari paused and closed her eyes with a sigh. "They...destroy us." She wrapped her arms around her torso. "They eat away at us, so much so till we start believing in them. And when we give into them, we aren't really of much help to anyone."  Mari wasn't quite sure if her words helped, but that sort of thing, it was something she lived with - and had a wealth of experience with. It was easier said than done though.

Mari smiled at Macradon. "Sounds like you have a lot of footwork to do, let me know if I can help in some way, yeh?"

@Macradon

He would chortle “It’s very humid where I live, and that only adds to the extreme feelings of the weather. Might only be -10 but feels so much worse, might only be 27 but feels like you’re baking in a sauna.” he said and continued “But it’s mostly farmland as well, there are some metropolitan areas, but it’s only a handful of those and then some villages.” he said, describing his homeland.

He would nod in agreement “Yeah, we can’t really force others, but it still feels wrong that I didn’t do anything, that I didn’t realize anything, before it was too late … probably something I will have to learn along the way.” he replied, thinking about the way his apprentices has just either vanished or died … maybe he actually wasn’t a guy that should teach others, maybe he should just stay in the background and do his work on the frontlines without anything else.

He nodded once again “Aye, I’ll need to find someone who can help me, a good group of people capable and charismatic enough to be teachers at the school. You might be good at distance against a thinking target, so either duels or some advanced enemy might be something you could teach in, thinking of how you’ve accomplished what you have. I only have good footwork when thinking of ways to execute big broad swings without getting any allies caught in the crossfire.”.

@Mari

"Hmmm...." Mari wasn't sure exactly what country he came from, it was difficult to tell with that sort of explanation, of course - she hadn't told him where she was from either. "I'm from Australia." She said as she made the basic shape with her hands. "The middle is just a giant bloody desert." 

Macradon further talked about his experience with his apprentices. "I can really empathize there..." She muttered as she approached him, standing by Macradon's side now.  "Both my apprentices died. One of them tried to stab me in the back - it...took a very long time to sorta accept those things were out of my control." Mari fell silent...it was one of her biggest regrets... what happened to Lowenthal - she still didn't understand or know how it happened.

Death is light as a feather, duty heavy as a mountain.'

Baldur's words rang out in her head and Mari inhaled deeply. "We carry the duty of death on our shoulders, but its heavy as a mountain. It's...impossible to bear alone- and we'll be buried in our guilt and remorse if we let it."  Mari reached out and placed a hand on Macradon's shoulder.  "I think part of that learning, is learning how to shoulder that weight. You're not alone." Mari offered him a smile and a final squeeze before letting go.

Her face flushed when he said she could help him. "Aha.aahahha...." Mari awkwardly laughed as she took a few steps forward. "You're mad Mac - no one would want to attend a class taught by someone like me. I mean... I'd like to help but I feel like I'd taint your school rather than aid it , so uh...how about that dragon huh?"

Smooth Mari, real smooth

@Macradon

Mari had come from down under, somewhere far away from where he lived, but not that far away from where he was born “I currently am stationed in Denmark, been raised there since I was a wee kid, but my family originates from South East Asia.” he explained, since the two were talking about there real life whereabouts.

“One of mine died as well, was murdered by a boy named Pinball, the other has just vanished without any trace, he’s not dead, but he just hasn’t shown up for a while … he reached great heights from just following my footsteps …” he said and sighed while he thought about the time he had with his apprentices.

“Mmm …” he muttered as he nodded agreeing towards the words Mari spoke, somewhat the same way that Baldur would shower everyone in his wisdom, something Macradon had not yet achieved, all he had was pumping the frontlines with spirit, passion, morale and camaraderie, he would do his best to make the fight enjoyable so people would not deter from helping the citizen of Aincrad break free from the chains locking them inside the horrific game.

He chuckled “Suits you.” he said with a big smile, he wasn’t ready for Mari to fluster up like that, but if she really did not like it, he couldn’t really change much about it. “Ah, yeah, the dragon. From the description, it either killed or left the guy that found it in really bad shape as it froze the discoveree with its icy breath, I’ve come prepared, but if things go as planned this time … I should be able to one shot the hatchling.” he said.

@Mari

"Denmark! Ah! I've always wanted to visit there, but I just never really found the time nor money, I kept on making excuses." Mari cleared her throat. "I guess, I've made a lot of excuses for a lot of things. I think, if we get out of here - maybe I should stop making them and just try and do more things."

If you're ever allowed out of the prison you'll be rotting in

Mari fell quiet, she wasn't sure she would be able to do such things...but for now...it was nice to think about. She silently listened to Macradon talking about his apprentices - one of them was killed by someone named Pinball? The name was vaguely familiar, people had warned her about him.But she'd yet to see any sign of the player.

They were walking slowly now, toward the location of the next dragon....this would be the forth one - they were making quick progress. That was good right? Besides...it was kinda nice being able to hang out with someone so carefree and jovial like Macradon - it rubbed off on Mari, in a good way.

"Suits me?" Mari asked incredulously - she still didn't get why he wanted her of all people to aid him and his school. "I uh..hah...really don't know how teaching would suit me - but if I can help, you know I would. I guess I could give it a try."

Macradon went on to explain that the dragon had some sort of frost breath - that wasn't an issue - there were two of them so even if one was frozen, the other could continue to fight. "As long as we're not stupid we'll be fine." Mari said with a smirk. "I mean, let's just not stand side by side so we're frozen at the same time yeh? I trust you if anything icy happens. And hey, if any of us does get frozen - I have a nice warm fireplace we can retreat to when we're done!." 

@Macradon

He nodded with a smile as a small laugh escaped through his mouth “You should come by, it’s nice and cool, but come in the shoulder seasons, that’s where the weather is near perfect. Summer is to die in because of the humidity, but winter his freezing like the ice age was upon us once again, also because of the humidity …” he said. He would nod once again at Mari’s self-proposal “Sounds like a good idea, I want to explore the world when I get out as well … but I also want to finish my education … there’s so much I’m missing out on.” he said, reminiscing of life outside of the game.

He would chuckle “There’s a need for angry stern PE teachers wherever you are, be it normal school or a fencing school, if all the teachers are the same, all the classes will be boring, there needs to by something dynamic from class to class, or else people would stop really caring about the classes they come to, at least I hope so.” he said, explaining his reasoning for him wanting Mari to join as a teacher at his imaginary school.

A smile appeared on his lips as he held a thumbs up at Mari “Don’t worry, with this armor, I’ll withstand any ice coming my way. I’ve used it against Absolute Zero and he did absolutely nothing against me, even though he made glaciers with every punch he threw at me, I’m sure a small dragon isn’t capable of doing much worse than that.” he replied confidently.

@Mari

"Yeeh... I try to avoid humid heat as much as possible - I am really hoping the next floor after the upcoming fight isn't all hot and gross." She gave Macradon a half smile. He was so...energetic, and he seemed to really want her to at least give his school idea a shot - and to think she was worried about him not wanting to be her friend anymore.  She didn't really share the desire to finish education, she finished what she needed to - if anything she'd want to learn new skills. Maybe baking? Even if she wasn't super keen on sweet things.

"An angry, stern, PE Teacher...my, is that how you see me Mac?" Mari jested. She wasn't exactly fit - but hey, he got the angry part right at least. "If you include sassy remarks or puns in your curriculum I'll teach those too."  It felt nice, to be wanted in such a way, and if Mari were being honest - she was actually a little excited, albeit also terrified, to actually teach at the school. She hoped to see it soon.

As they walked further into the thicket of trees Mari's thoughts shifted back to the frontliners. So she had met Macradon, and now Baldur. "Hey Mac...since I'll be rejoining the frontlines in the next boss fight, I was wondering if you could tell m a lil' more about the frontliners?" A small smile rested upon her face. "I mean....Baldur seems nice enough."

@Macradon

There had been a lot of different floors that had been unlocked over the time the frontlines had pushed on, but none had really felt like home, he only lived on the first floor because it was more accessible, but perhaps a nice suitable place for everyone to relax in. For now, he would stay on the first until anything else would show up, and since his shop is on the first floor as well, he might as well just stay there permanently until they get out of here.

Macradon held up his hands in front of him and took a slight step back, away from Mari “No no, that’s not what I meant by it.” he said with a smile and chuckle in a jesting manner “It would just be better with entrusting roles to people I trust.” he said and continued down the path again.

“Oooooohh … where do I begin …” he said and chuckled while thinking of all the big names to talk about. “You see … Hestia is a tank, she’s friendly and a good support. I saved her life in an event once, for only to turn out be some kind of unkillable stupid boss that just killed everyone anyways, but we survived … She’s dependable and you can entrust the tank duties to be carried by her.

Calrex, another big tank shot, he has a unique skill, Achilles. I don’t really know what it does, but it’s something like thorns or akin to it. He himself is very friendly, he does his best to be another pivot on the frontlines as a tank for lower leveled players because he has the highest current level in the game together with Hestia. Clarex is good … but his wife is a whole different case that I don’t want to talk about.

Next would be Ariel, I’m not too sure about her … she killed Lowenthal, who was my Vice Commander for a short while. I never got his part of the story, and only heard Ariel about how Lowe challenged her to a full loss duel for her unique equipment .... She’s a capable fighter, but I still don’t know much about her.

Uhhh … Morgenstern, goes by Jonathan which is probably his real name, is also a capable fighter. He has been through a lot of phases because of how the frontlines have developed for the worse. Too much drama and too much murderous intent had poured itself into the frontlines, but I hope it’s getting better from now on … it had impacted the guy a lot.

Zandra, she’s unstable, tried to stab me down when I first met her, but she’s a good friend of mine. I depend on her a lot. She’s a healer, so she’s nice to have with you, she’s not the brightest when it comes to figuring out strategies, but she follows orders pretty well.” he said and kept on thinking of the frontlines, there were actually a good bunch of people he could continue talking about.

@Mari

Macradon started to list the names; Hestia - the friendly tank. Calrex...that name sounded familiar - and he held a Unique Skill? Mari had heard of those, but never really cared to look into them - she figured if she were to ever get one, great, if not - it didn't matter. She could get stronger her own way, with her own strength. Strange skilled be damned.  Calrex had been quickly climbing levels when she was forced to step away from the front lines but hearing he was one of the highest level players, well, that was truly a feat. Good for him.

"Right....Right..." Mari said, as she listened to what he was saying. "We don't always gotta like our friends partners I guess." She added in regards to Calrex's wife. Wife what a weird concept to think about in a game. "Ariel...yeh I know her, a lil' high and mighty - I think she wanted to kill me for a while. But hey..." Mari said with a small shrug. "Who didn't?"

Wait....

Lowenthal?

Mari stopped and gripped Macradon's shoulder - spinning him around to face her. "Wait, wait...wait...Did you just say Lowenthal? As in Lowe?"  Mari asked. "That was my apprentice who died. He..." Mari sighed as she let go of Macradon and rubbed her temples. "He...He tried to stab me in the back, remember how I said one of my friends challenged me to a full loss duel for my stupid dagger? But I refused? Yeh that was him. I knew he ..." She lowered her voice. "I...knew he died in a duel but to Ariel? I thought she was better than that...and because he was still letting his greed take him over?" Mari asked, pain evident in her voice. "Sh*t man...I really failed him, huh?" She asked Macradon.  "Was he a good Vice Commander at least?" Mari asked. She wanted to believe he still did good, that he was still a good person. He was just... a little misguided. Maybe she shouldn't have left, if she hadn't...if she hadn't locked herself away for such a long time - would he still be around now? Would she have been able to stop his death? Her chest hurt with the weight of what could have been but Mari tried to show that it wasn't getting to her.

Macradon talked about Morgenstern or...Jon - and how the frontlines took a toll on his mental state. Mari sympathised with Jon. It wasn't exactly the nicest place back then - and it sounded like it had improved. But still had some underlining issues. It just drove Mari to want to  be stronger, so people like Lowenthal wouldn't die. "Yeh..." Mari added quietly. "I ...can get how that affects people. Hope he's ok."

Finally, Zandra - apparently she...tried to stab him down?  "What?" Mari asked, "So she just tried to shank you in your spleen or somethin but now its like 'Oh hey o buddy o pal o mine! THanks for not stabbing me."  Mari shook her head, forcing a smile - at least hearing the absurdity of that helped alleviate the weight of hearing about Lowenthal a little.  "Not the brightest? My the picture you paint of the frontliners sure is lovely Mac." Mari tried to joke.  "I can't say I'm much better. I'm terrible when it comes to social stuff - although I did lead everyone through the Orochi and they all lived...somehow." 

They had began their walk again, getting nearer to the Dragon now; "So that's about everyone then?" Mari asked.  "Could you uhm...maybe, tell me more about Baldur too?"

@Macradon

Mari began putting comments to the few people he had listed, the ones he remembered from the latest battles he had been in. Even though it wasn’t many, his mental list was slowly growing, remembering more and more people on the frontlines. In a quick motion, Mari halted Macradon’s advancement slightly and spun him around “Uh .. yeah, Lowenthal, yeah, Lowe …” he said, slightly shocked from Mari’s reaction to it “Oh … I’m sad to hear that …” he said.

“He issued a full health loss duel with her … and he died … He was my Vice Commander for a very short while, I’d even say about a week or so before he went and died off … Vice Commander in my guild have never been too keen on stuff like this. Red never showed up again, Azide died in a boss raid, Opal assassinated someone I cared about, Mack disappeared without a trace, Lowenthal died in a stupid duel, Hirru betrayed the frontlines and his oath … I’m the only one really left in the guild, and I intend for it to stay that way because of all this mess.” he said, trying to force out a light hearted chuckle, but it just seemed awkward rather than light hearted.

“I met up with Jon not too long ago, he seemed much more happier about his existence than what it had been, so I guess he’s doing much better.” he commented upon Mari’s comment on Morgenstern. “Well, we met, killed a few mobs, then she just went psycho and tried to kill me, you know, the usual. But it’s long ago since she did that … I think it was when … I was level 18 or something like that, so quite a long while ago.” he said with a chuckle.

“Baldur … yeah. He’s a close buddy, he has been mentoring so many frontliners, helping them get back on the right track, even if his levels weren’t sky high, his charisma is what brought people to him, the same way he shelters people in need of his wisdom. He’s a great leader, good at making plans by the second something happens, he adapts. But to be honest, I haven’t really spend much time with him, there has been the occasional meeting at events … but really not much more than that. He is truly but a colleague for me … a fellow frontliner.” he said, trying to lay more words down around Baldur.

@Mari

Mari wished she hadn't reacted the way she did with Lowenthal, it seemed to stir up some unwanted feelings within Macradon. "Hey, you know you don't have to be jovial all the time." Mari offered. "Especially around me, I don't mind if you have your down times. I have them all the time. So I'd be a hypocritical b**tch to tell you to feel otherwise." She said, since Mari felt like Macradon was forcing himself to feel happier than what he was. That wasn't healthy. "No offence though..." Mari added. "Sounds like your guild was filled with pretty sh**ty people. But if this is the Azure Brigade, then I'm honestly not surprised." Mari didn't have much of a good impression of the guild.  "And if it's a different guild then well..." Mari shrugged. She wasn't sure what to say on the matter. "Let's just make our own mess. Maybe with more food involved. That sounds much more fun than all that drama." 

She coughed into her hand, feeling her cheeks grow hot and her chest tighten when Macradon began to talk about Baldur. She knew most of that from her previous discussions with the samurai. "He's..." She paused, what was he exactly. "Really something that's for sure..." She said as she bought her scarf up to hide the lower half of her face. "He has this amazing presence...and it just makes you feel so warm and safe and..." She shook her head, "I don't know...happy? Yeh." She shifted her eyes to Macradon. "Maybe he should also be a teacher at your little school thing. I'd like working alongside him."

Mari paused. She could hear sounds. That sounded...almost like crying? "I think I hear the hatchling up ahead." She said, a little relieved at the ever convenient topic change. "Should probably prepare to be blasted by some ice, eh?" 

@Macradon

Edited by Mari

He nodded at Mari with a genuine smile “I’ll try to keep my emotions honest from now on, no facades.” he replied. “It wasn’t the Azure Brigade, it was the downfall of the Azure Brigade that came from a lot of my guild, mostly the assassinations … and yeah … the guild has had a lot of bad people in it, being able to use their power as Vice Commanders for less than ideal things …” he said looking down. He listened to Mari’s request and nodded with a smile “Yeah, that sounds good.”.

Macradon nodded his head profusely “Yes! I thought of asking him to be a teacher as well. He has taught so many in the art of the Katana, so he would be an ideal candidate as a teacher.” Macradon replied with a very happy tone in his voice.

The knight listened to Mari’s quick notice of the dragon. Macradon nodded his head and stopped. A broad smile would appear as the stupidest idea he had would come to the surface “Hey, what about this plan?” he asked and stretched out his arm “What if you pull my arm as much as you can, and I’ll do my best to crash into that dragon to grab as much attention as possible?” he inquired with a stupid grin on his face.

@Mari

"Right?" Mari said with rosy cheeks - "Baldur definitely seems like the kind of person who would fit perfectly into that roll. I'm not much of a teacher, but I'd uhm...Really enjoy talking to him about those sorts of things, if anyone could have convinced me to change from Dagger to Katana, it'd have been him." Mari added as she tugged on her hair. Why was she getting so excited by the prospect of all this? It wasn't like the school was going to happen.  

Macradon's attention turned to the dragon; as soon as his lips curled up into a large grin Mari knew that he was going to propose some fiendish scheme. "Y-You want me to...what..." Mari asked incredulously.  Ok, she wasn't expecting that. Was he really asking her to...essentially hurl him into a baby dragon? Of all the strange things she's heard in her time within this accursed game...that was the strangest. "I mean...if you insist I guess." Mari said as she hesitantly reached out to grab Mac's arm. Her hands tightened around it as she started to pull back on it. She knew what he was trying to go for - and the moment he'd ask her to, she'd let him go - which would essentially propel him straight into the dragon.

@Macradon