[PP|F10] Incoherent Screaming <<Wail of the Banshee>>

Dustin sat on floor 4, staring at the spot where it all went down. It felt like an eternity since that night, but it also felt like it just happened. Everything inside hurt, the bags under his eyes were full, his stomach was grumbling. He looked like hell. He felt just the same. Still though, he needed to do something. Anything.

He decided to go see the tenth floor, he had heard about a quest on that floor he had to try out one day. Now was the best time since he was cutting all ties.

He teleported up to the Tenth floor and made his way to the nearest quest board, making sure to hide his face, avoiding eye contact with all players before realizing he might need someone to help him on this little adventure of his.

Crap.

His hand wraps around his necklace as he stands outside a tavern before making up his mind and finally walking in. He sets down his drink, but sits at the bar by the bulletin board. If someone were to approach it, he could ask them for help. Problem solved. No need to make a big ruckus, or make too much noise. All he’d need is to wait.

@Xion

Xion let out a small huff as he walked through the snow-covered streets of floor 4. His breath condensed into a small cloud in front of him, and the blonde smiled. The cold didn’t bother him, thanks his <<survival>> skill, and so as far as he was concerned floor 4 was actually pretty nice. He was just wearing his starter gear, nothing special. He had mostly embraced a civilian lifestyle, and hadn’t fought properly in over 2 years. It was quiet, peaceful. He could rely on those who still fought on the frontlines to get the rest of them out of SAO. Little did he know that everything was about to change.

He headed towards the centre of the town, the snow crunching underfoot. It was a rather pleasant sound, and so the blonde allowed himself to become lost in the peaceful atmosphere that surrounded him.

Before long he managed to get to the tavern, and walked in. He was greeted by the usual murmurings of conversation that he had become accustomed to. He went to the bar and ordered a drink, before noticing the bulletin board. For some reason, curiosity got the better of him, so he walked over and began to read the various requests which had been posted upon it. There was nothing out of the ordinary. The usual requests for  help with quests, something that he would have jumped on 2 years ago, but he was no longer interested in fighting that much. He had fallen way behind in level, and was nowhere near frontline standards anymore, so it almost seemed like an exercise in futility to try to reach such heights again.

He sighed, and shoved his hands into his pockets. “Long time since I last did something like that…I wonder how everyone’s been doing.”

Truth be told he had worried a lot about what might have happened to the people he left to fight on the frontlines. Sure, he wasn’t the only tank in Aincrad, he wasn’t even the strongest, but he still felt a small pang of regret when he thought about it.

The blonde opened his inventory, and scrolled to where his equipment was.

“ <<Twilight Glaive>>, <<Twilight Mail>>, <<Aegis of the twilight>>. Haven’t used those in ages.”

He then looked to his side, and saw another player, who seemed a little angsty. Was he waiting for someone, or looking for something? Xion didn’t know, although, once again, curiosity got the better of him.

“Hey there, you seem a little lost. Is something wrong?”

Not long after Dustin had sat down, a man approached the board. Turn, come on, just do it. He could be the one to help you... But alas he could not turn. Something held his eyes on the bar. Perhaps what he had done was heavier than he thought. Still, he had to do something or he was going to die of guilt.

The other player spoke and pulled Dustin’s eyes up to him. He seemed interesting and Dustin thought it might be cool to do this with him.

”I’m not lost at all, thanks. But I do need a little help.” He says, turning around and facing the player entirely. “Have you ever heard of the quest ‘Wail of the Banshee’?” He asked as he looked the other player in the eyes. “Name’s Dustin by the way, who are you?” The tall boy would ask as he reached out for a handshake for the introduction.

“Wail of the banshee huh?” Xion relied, before going silent for a few seconds as he tried to remember the details of that specific quest. “Oh yeah I remember that one. I take it you’re looking to take the banshee on?” The blonde asked, before he noticed the outstretched hand. With a smile he gripped Dustin’s hand firmly and shook it.

“I’m Xion, nice to meet you Dustin.” He said, before letting go of the other player’s hand. The blonde then took a swig of the drink that he had ordered, and took a moment to appreciate the taste. Sure, it wasn’t as good as in real life, but the devs had managed to get the taste not too far off the original.

He let out a sigh, before turning to Dustin again.

“If you’re looking to take on that one, you’ll need some help. Looking at you…you don’t seem like someone that’s set up to take a lot of hits. DPS build I take it?” he asked as he looked the other player over. Xion could have been wrong, of course, looks could often be deceiving in Aincrad, but he was pretty confident of his assessment. He’d spent a fair amount of time among frontline fighters, and knew the general look of different builds pretty well.

He went silent for a few moments again as he thought. He could offer the player help, as he was pretty sure that he could tank something like the banshee comfortably with a decent DPS behind him to take her down. What worried him was the fact that he was quite rusty. His reflexes weren’t what they used to be, and he hadn’t engaged in combat since he’d left the frontlines all that time ago. Xion let out a sigh and shook his head.

“Don’t know anything until you try eh?” he mumbled under his breath before he opened his menu, and sent Dustin a friend request.

“If you need some help, then I can probably lend you a hand. I might not look it but I’m actually a tank, so I can provide some protection, if you want to take me up on my offer that is…”